Cnotes NHL January 2015 Trends/Stats/News Etc...All you know B4 Wagering !

Search

Tokens
Preview: Blackhawks (25-10) at Capitals (18-11)

Date: January 01, 2015 1:00 PM EDT

WASHINGTON (AP) - For the first time, the Winter Classic is sharing New Year's Day with college football games that actually have something to do with the national championship.

Watch outdoor hockey in the afternoon and then go out for dinner? Or plan your day so that you're home in time for the Rose Bowl and Sugar Bowl in the evening?

Brooks Laich thinks it should be a slam-dunk decision.

'This is one of my favorite catchphrases to use of all time: `Who cares? It's college,'' the Washington Capitals defenseman said. 'I hope the rest of America has the same mindset I do.'

The NHL's annual showcase has been able to establish a beachhead on Jan. 1 in part because college football essentially abandoned what used to be its biggest day, populating it with run-of-the-mill bowl games and saving the big ones for later. This year, they're trying to take it back, with the College Football Playoff semifinals highlighting the schedule.

Then again, there might be room for both. Now in its seventh year, the Classic has established enough of a presence to withstand a bit of competition.

'I'm a football fan like most people in this country,' Washington coach Barry Trotz said. 'I think there's a lot of football and it's great, but you also get tired of it, too, and I think the Winter Classic is that one thing that's different during this time of year that I think everybody gravitates to.'

It would help if the games don't go head-to-head. That's the plan, but the big ol' sun might mess it up.

The 1 p.m. start Thursday between the Chicago Blackhawks and Washington Capitals at Nationals Park is in jeopardy because brilliant, cloudless skies are in the forecast. The sun would create a potentially dangerous glare, making the puck hard to see and causing the ice to get too soft. If faceoff is moved to, say, 3 p.m. - after the shadows from the stands have covered the rink - then the end of the game could conflict with the early minutes of the Rose Bowl.

A decision isn't expected until shortly before the scheduled game time. There's talk of switching sides halfway through the first period so that the glare would hamper both teams equally, and some players say they might emulate Capitals defenseman Karl Alzner, who wore sunglasses during Wednesday's practice.

'Nobody wants to delay the game,' NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly said Wednesday. 'So if there's any way we can avoid delaying the game, we're going to avoid delaying the game.'

Almost a remarkable as the quick rise of the Winter Classic as a sporting event is the fact that the NHL has decided to play it in the nation's capital.

Ten years ago, nobody would have called this a hockey town. Then came Alex Ovechkin, the team's 'Rock the Red' campaign and lots of winning. Tickets are no longer easy to get; every game is a sellout. There was even a large crowd at the optional skate on Tuesday morning at the team's regular practice rink.

But it all started with Ovechkin. Without the three-time league MVP, there is no Winter Classic in D.C., no replica of the Capitol sitting in center field, no fake snow on the baseball diamond.

This week, the face of the franchise was uncharacteristically introspective about his career, talking about how things have changed since he arrived in 2005, and how he has evolved to focus more on team goals, including the pursuit of that elusive Stanley Cup title.

'I'm just growing up, getting mature, getting older,' the 29-year-old forward said. 'I look at the game a different way right now.'

Teammates have noticed as well.

'Alex has won everything there is to win as an individual,' Laich said. 'Your trophy case is full as an individual, but ultimately players are always judged by championships, and that's the one thing that's missing. For him, the realization of that, I think, is coming to the forefront.'

Depending on your point of view, the Classic is either nostalgia or novelty. For hockey-lifers from the North, it's a reminder of games played on makeshift ice in freezing weather every night until called home for supper. Those memories are so etched in Laich's mind that he recited every childhood friend who used to gather at the end of the street in the tiny town of Wawota, Saskatchewan, even creating a makeshift diagram of the houses at his locker as an illustration.

That's an alien lifestyle for people from the South, where there are non-hockey fans who watch outdoor hockey once a year out of curiosity.

Either way, it's a unique event.

'Last time, I don't think I enjoyed the Winter Classic enough,' said Laich, who was on the Capitals team that won in the New Year's Day rain in Pittsburgh in 2011. 'I don't think I took it in enough. I was just focused on winning the hockey game.

'This year, a little more composed, a little older, I really realize how lucky we are to have this game and how far this sport has come in D.C.'

Tokens
Preview: Kings (18-12) at Canucks (21-11)

Date: January 01, 2015 10:00 PM EDT

Poor road play has been a problem all season for the Los Angeles Kings and it only seems to be getting worse.

The Kings aim to snap a five-game skid away from home and avoid a third straight loss overall Thursday night when they face the Vancouver Canucks.

While Los Angeles has at least a point in five of its last six games (3-1-2), the defending Stanley Cup champions can't be too pleased with their recent play.

After opening a three-game trip with a 2-1 loss to Calgary, the Kings (18-12-8) fell behind 2-0 to league-worst Edmonton on Tuesday before rallying with a pair of third-period goals to force overtime and a shootout. The Oilers prevailed in the tiebreaker for only their second win in 22 games.

The loss was the Kings' fifth straight on the road (0-3-2) and marked the 12th time in 18 away games that they surrendered the opening goal.

Only Edmonton has fewer road wins in the NHL than Los Angeles' four.

"This one is disappointing, just like the last one," said defenseman Jake Muzzin, who scored the equalizer with 2:25 left in regulation. "We have to come out hungrier, more desperate, harder. I don't think we're coming out with the right attitude that we need to win hockey games right now.

"We shouldn't be in that situation where we need goals late. We have to get our goals early."

Jonathan Quick's play has been indicative of the team's performance at home and on the road. He's 13-3-2 with a 1.79 goals-against average and three shutouts in Los Angeles compared to 2-6-5 with a 2.94 GAA and no shutouts elsewhere.

Quick is 4-1-0 with a .965 save percentage in his last five starts against the Canucks, but most of that success has come at home. He's lost three straight starts in Vancouver, posting a 2.37 GAA.

Anze Kopitar has been one of the most productive Kings lately, tallying two goals and 11 assists in seven games. However, only five of his 26 points have come on the road.

The Canucks (21-11-3) return to Rogers Arena to kick off a five-game homestand after Tuesday's 3-1 victory in San Jose.

Jannik Hansen and Radim Vrbata scored second-period goals and Ryan Miller made 31 saves to help Vancouver bounce back from a lackluster loss in Anaheim and improve to 3-0-1 in its last four.

"We knew these are extremely big points," Hansen told the team's official website. "Division games are four-point games. You don't have to look over the standings twice to see that these are very important games against San Jose, Anaheim, L.A., Calgary, pretty much everyone we are playing these days."

Stellar penalty killing again provided a boost for the Canucks, who held San Jose's second-ranked power-play unit scoreless on four opportunities. They killed 34 of 36 penalties in December.

"Obviously our best penalty killer is between the pipes," Hansen said. "We're limiting opportunities and when they do get shots, it's from the points not through the seams or making it hard on him. It's a joint effort right now."

Miller had allowed six total goals in three straight wins against the Kings before a 5-1 road loss Nov. 8. Quick made 18 saves and Alec Martinez had three assists in that game, which was Los Angeles' fifth win in the past six meetings.

Tokens
Armadillo: Thursday's six-pack

-- Georgia Tech 49, Mississippi State 34- Tech ran ball for 452 yards. Yikes.

-- Boise State 38, Arizona 30-- Broncos have been underdog in three Fiesta Bowls, won all three SU, with a pick-6 in all three.

-- TCU 42, Ole Miss 3-- Rough day in the Magnolia State.

-- Temple 57, UConn 53 OT-- Defending national champs are off to 6-5 start.

-- Indiana 70, Nebraska 65-- Two head coaches had words in this game.

-- Purdue 72, Minnesota 68-- Boilermakers were down 11 at the half.

Armadillo: Thursday's List of 13: Happy New Year, everyone.......

13) At one point this season, Ole Miss/Mississippi State were both in the top four in the country; Wednesday, they both lost bowl games by combined score of 91-36-- SEC teams are 4-3 in bowl games. Dogs are 7-1 vs spread in ACC bowl games.

12) 7-8-1 Carolina is a 6-point favorite over 11-5 Arizona in the NFC playoffs Saturday; I know Cardinals are down to their #3 QB, but the Panthers went 1-8-1 in one ten-game stretch this season. Interesting pointspread.

11) New Orleans Pelicans are 9-0 vs spread if they played the night before.

10) Why does St John's wear blue basketball uniforms? They're the Red Storm.

9) Addition by subtraction? Detroit cut Josh Smith despite owing him $26M; now they've won last three games, by 10-23-23 points, after being 5-23. Coincidence?

8) Reds got Marlon Byrd from the Phils,. as he moves from one hitters' park to another. Good news for Byrd's fantasy owners.

7) Jamal Crawford has played 15 years in the NBA; during that time, he's played for 17 different head coaches.

6) Bills had their first winning season in ten years but wthin four days, their QB and head coach both quit. Not the best way to head into the offseason.

5) Not only did Doug Marrone quit the Bills, they still have to pay him $4M next season; hope Marrone buys his agent a Cadillac or a Humvee; the guy earned it.

4) Jim Burr reffed the St John's-Seton Hall game Wednesday; the guy is ageless. I once did the scorebook for a high school sectional game that Burr worked- that would not be a big deal, except it was in 1978, when I was a freshman in college, thats how long Mr Burr has been a bigtime basketball official.

3) Temple basketball coach Fran Dunphy teaches an actual college course in the honors' program in Temple's business school; not a lot of D-I coaches do that.

2) Washington Redskins parted ways with defensive coordinator Jim Haslett, who becomes the scapegoat for the mess the Redskins have become. They traded a ton of picks for RGIII and he's been a flop, so fire the defensive coach!!!

1) Happy New Year, everyone. Hope 2015 is a great year for all of us.

Tokens
See spot. See spot bet: This week's best spot bet opportunities

Letdown spot

The Washington Wizards put their strong start to the season to the test with a Western Conference road trip this week. The Wizards opened with a huge win in Houston Monday, but followed that with a letdown in Dallas the next night. Washington was rolled 114-87 by the Mavericks, shooting a dismal 4 for 12 from 3-point range and turning the ball over 23 times.

The Wiz find themselves in a similar situation in the New Year, visiting the Oklahoma City Thunder Friday night before making the overnight trek to San Antonio to play the world champion Spurs Saturday. Washington has a tough time keeping its offensive pace when it hits the highway, averaging 96.8 points per road game – compared to 102.6 points at home.

Lookahead spot

The UCLA Bruins are happy to see 2014 come to a close, finishing the year with a disappointing three-game losing skid against stiff competition. The Bruins were dealt defeats against Gonzaga, Kentucky and Alabama – failing to cover the spread in each of those outings. UCLA has another high-profile opponent ahead on the schedule, with a road trip to No. 12 Utah this Sunday.

But before the Bruins try to establish their place in the Pac-12 versus the Utes, they have a conference opener in Colorado Friday night. The Buffaloes have been a solid play at home – 4-2-1 ATS as hosts – and catch a road weary UCLA program playing the third of four straight games away from Pauley Pavilion. Colorado can catch the Bruins looking past them and ahead to a ranked rival later that weekend.

Schedule spot

The St. Louis Blue are longing for the friendly confines of the Scottrade Center after their recent road woes. The Blues are currently on a four-game road swing that spans the New Year, opening with a 3-2 loss in Nashville Tuesday. It was St. Louis’ fourth straight defeat away from home and this road trip could add to that slide.

The NHL schedule makers send the Blues westward with matchups in Anaheim and San Jose on back-to-back nights – Friday and Saturday – before wrapping up against Arizona Tuesday. St. Louis, which is in the middle of a goaltending controversy with No. 1 Brian Elliot back from injury, allows 3.5 goals per road game this season – a goal higher than when at home.

Tokens
NHL
Dunkel

Chicago at Washington
The Blackhawks head to Washington for today's Winter Classic and come into the contest with a 7-2 record in their last 9 road games. Chicago is the pick (-125) according to Dunkel, which has the Blackhawks favored by 1 1/2. Dunkel Pick: Chicago (-125). Here are all of today's NHL picks.

THURSDAY, JANUARY 1

Game 1-2: Chicago at Washington (1:00 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Chicago 12.450; Washington 11.013
Dunkel Line & Total: Chicago by 1 1/2; 6
Vegas Line & Total: Chicago (-125); 5
Dunkel Pick: Chicago (-125); Over

Game 3-4: Los Angeles at Vancouver (10:00 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Los Angeles 10.309; Vancouver 11.775
Dunkel Line & Total: Vancouver by 1 1/2; 4
Vegas Line & Total: Vancouver (-125); 5
Dunkel Pick: Vancouver (-125); Under

NHL
Long Sheet

Thursday, January 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHICAGO (25-10-0-2, 52 pts.) vs. WASHINGTON (18-11-0-7, 43 pts.) - 1/1/2015, 1:05 PM
Top Trends for this game.
CHICAGO is 5-9 ATS (-10.9 Units) in January games over the last 2 seasons.
CHICAGO is 10-21 ATS (-16.4 Units) in road games second half of the season over the last 2 seasons.
CHICAGO is 12-16 ATS (-16.5 Units) when playing with 2 days rest over the last 2 seasons.
CHICAGO is 10-15 ATS (-11.0 Units) in road games in non-conference games over the last 2 seasons.
CHICAGO is 38-15 ATS (+13.1 Units) after a division game over the last 2 seasons.
WASHINGTON is 134-182 ATS (+134.0 Units) in non-conference games since 1996.

Head-to-Head Series History
WASHINGTON is 2-1 (+1.8 Units) against the spread versus CHICAGO over the last 3 seasons
WASHINGTON is 2-1-0 straight up against CHICAGO over the last 3 seasons
2 of 3 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons . (Under=+0.7 Units)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOS ANGELES (18-12-0-8, 44 pts.) at VANCOUVER (21-11-0-3, 45 pts.) - 1/1/2015, 10:05 PM
LOS ANGELES is 18-20 ATS (-12.4 Units) in all games this season.
LOS ANGELES is 4-13 ATS (-11.3 Units) in a road game where where the total is 5 or less this season.
LOS ANGELES is 9-21 ATS (-12.6 Units) in road games after a division game over the last 3 seasons.
LOS ANGELES is 1-8 ATS (+9.7 Units) in road games when playing against a team with a winning record this season.
LOS ANGELES is 1-8 ATS (+9.7 Units) in road games when playing against a team with a winning record in the first half of the season this season.
VANCOUVER is 26-10 ATS (+11.6 Units) when playing against a team with a losing record in the first half of the season over the last 2 seasons.
VANCOUVER is 13-28 ATS (-19.5 Units) second half of the season over the last 2 seasons.

LOS ANGELES is 6-3 (+2.2 Units) against the spread versus VANCOUVER over the last 3 seasons
LOS ANGELES is 6-3-0 straight up against VANCOUVER over the last 3 seasons
4 of 7 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons . (Under=+0.5 Units)

NHL
Armadillo's Write-Up

Thursday, January 1

Hot teams
-- Chicago won five of its last seven games. Washington is 8-4 in its last twelve games.
-- Canucks won three of their last four games.

Cold teams
-- Los Angeles lost eight of its last twelve games.

Series records
-- Blackhawks lost five of last seven games with Washington.
-- Kings won five of their last six games with Vancouver.

Totals
-- Under is 7-1-2 in last ten Chicago road games.
-- Four of last five Vancouver games stayed under.

Back-to-back
-- Keep in mind the Chicago-Washington game is outdoors at Nationals' Park.

NHL

Thursday, January 1

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trend Report
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1:00 PM
CHICAGO vs. WASHINGTON
Chicago is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games when playing Washington
Chicago is 13-3 SU in its last 16 games
Washington is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games
Washington is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games when playing Chicago

10:00 PM
LOS ANGELES vs. VANCOUVER
Los Angeles is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games when playing Vancouver
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Los Angeles's last 6 games on the road
Vancouver is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games at home
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Vancouver's last 5 games

Tokens
newyear2010.gif

Tokens
Armadillo: Friday's six-pack

-- Cerrano from the movie Major League flipped the coin for the Sugar Bowl; he is the Allstate Insurance spokesman now. Bob Uecker must be proud.

-- The trophy for winning the Outback Bowl weighs 60 pounds; seems heavy.

-- If you get those helmet stickers for stuff you do in games, how does Ohio State's 3rd-string QB already have half his helmet covered?

-- People in Alabama have to injure shoulders the way they wave those pompoms with ferocity. Seriously, some of them must soak their arms after games.

-- If I'm Mrs Garcia from that Buick commercial, I'm keeping a close eye on her female neighbor, who seems to have the hots for Mr Garcia.

-- That said, the "mayhem" guy from the Allstate commercials makes me laugh.

Armadillo: Friday's List of 13: Our second List of 13 this year.......

13) Oregon 59, Florida State 20-- Extreme ugliness in third quarter for Seminoles, who turned ball over four times in that quarter alone. Game was 18-13 at half, seemed like a normal FSU game, but then they imploded in the second half. Ugly end to an impressive winning streak.

12) Ohio State 42, Alabama 35-- If I'm Braxton Miller, I'm packing my bags, calling coaches tomorrow, finding a new place to play next year. QB job for the Buckeyes is taken. LSU seems like a good place for Miller to land.

11) If I'm in one of those celebrity death pools (you get a point for every year under 100 when one of your celebrities passes away), I'm taking Urban Meyer; looks like he could have a stroke at any second, totally humorless, high-stress job.

10) Speaking of Meyer, one of his daughters goes to Georgia Tech and is engaged to a Yellow Jacket football player. Young man will be a graduate assistant at Ohio State next season. Its good to be engaged to the boss' daughter.

9) If ESPN ranked their college football play-by-play guys, Chris Fowler wouldn't be in the top five, yet there he is, calling the national title game. Why? Fowler seems to enjoy tennis more than football. ESPN better not let Rece Davis walk; he is their best college football guy, in my opinion.

8) SEC ends this bowl season 5-5; they're 26-18 in bowls the last six years. I'll have more bowl knowledge like this after I finish my research project this weekend.

7) Fairfield Stags are only 4-8 this season, but four of their last eight games went to overtime, so at least they're an interesting 4-8.

6) Evansville 52, Northern Iowa 49-- Panthers were up 10 at the half, but lost for fourth time in their last five visits here. Purple Aces are a contender in the MVC.

5) UConn is in same basketball league as East Carolina, Tulane and South Florida; this just seems odd. To me, the Huskies would've been a better fit for the Big 14 than Rutgers is, but then again, no one asked me.

4) TCU's basketball team is 13-0, yet the Horned Frogs are unranked, maybe due to their schedule being the easiest in the country so far. That'll all change quickly, with Big X play starting this weekend. TCU opens league play with West Virginia.

3) Biggest thing holding back an 8-team college football playoff might be the idea that crowds wouldn't be very good for the first round games. Fans can't afford to make three road trips in a month.

2) Think David Blatt will still be coaching the Cavaliers when Lebron James comes back from his injuries? They won't win a lot without him.

1) I'm in a grocery store Thursday night and I say to the cashier, "Hey I haven't seen you all year!!!" She didn't seem the least bit amused by this.

Tokens
NHL
Dunkel

Tampa Bay at Pittsburgh
The Lightning (24-11-4) head to Pittsburgh tonight to face a Penguins team that is 1-4 in its last 5 games against a team with a winning percentage above .600. Tampa Bay is the pick (+110) according to Dunkel, which has the Lightning favored by 1 1/2. Dunkel Pick: Tampa Bay (+110). Here are all of today's NHL picks.

FRIDAY, JANUARY 2

Game 51-52: Tampa Bay at Pittsburgh (7:00 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Tampa Bay 12.835; Pittsburgh 11.213
Dunkel Line & Total: Tampa Bay by 1 1/2; 5
Vegas Line & Total: Pittsburgh (-130); 5 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Tampa Bay (+110); Under

Game 53-54: Florida at Buffalo (7:00 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Florida 10.019; Buffalo 11.113
Dunkel Line & Total: Buffalo by 1; 5 1/2
Vegas Line & Total: Florida (-140); 5
Dunkel Pick: Buffalo (+120); Over

Game 55-56: Montreal at New Jersey (7:00 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Montreal 12.622; New Jersey 11.019
Dunkel Line & Total: Montreal by 1 1/2; 5 1/2
Vegas Line & Total: Montreal (-130); 5
Dunkel Pick: Montreal (-130); Over

Game 57-58: Philadelphia at Carolina (7:00 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Philadelphia 10.228; Carolina 11.309
Dunkel Line & Total: Carolina by 1; 4 1/2
Vegas Line & Total: Carolina (-110); 5 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Carolina (-110); Under

Game 59-60: Toronto at Minnesota (8:00 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Toronto 12.332; Minnesota 11.409
Dunkel Line & Total: Toronto by 1; 5
Vegas Line & Total: Minnesota (-145); 5 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Toronto (+125); Under

Game 61-62: NY Islanders at Calgary (9:00 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: NY Islanders 10.404; Calgary 11.886
Dunkel Line & Total: Calgary by 1 1/2; 6
Vegas Line & Total: NY Islanders (-120); 5 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Calgary (+100); Over

Game 63-64: Edmonton at Colorado (9:00 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Edmonton 9.553; Colorado 11.907
Dunkel Line & Total: Colorado by 2 1/2; 5
Vegas Line & Total: Colorado (-200); 5 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Colorado (-200); Under

Game 65-66: St. Louis at Anaheim (10:00 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: St. Louis 12.667; Anaheim 11.509
Dunkel Line & Total: St. Louis by 1; 6
Vegas Line & Total: Anaheim (-145); 5 1/2
Dunkel Pick: St. Louis (+125); Over

Tokens
NHL
Long Sheet

Friday, January 2

TAMPA BAY (24-11-0-4, 52 pts.) at PITTSBURGH (23-9-0-5, 51 pts.) - 1/2/2015, 7:05 PM
There are no Top Trends with records of significance that apply to this game.

PITTSBURGH is 7-1 (+6.0 Units) against the spread versus TAMPA BAY over the last 3 seasons
PITTSBURGH is 7-1-0 straight up against TAMPA BAY over the last 3 seasons
7 of 8 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons . (Over=+6.1 Units)

FLORIDA (16-10-0-9, 41 pts.) at BUFFALO (14-21-0-3, 31 pts.) - 1/2/2015, 7:05 PM
FLORIDA is 289-331 ATS (-93.4 Units) when playing against a team with a losing record since 1996.
BUFFALO is 250-202 ATS (-36.9 Units) vs. division opponents since 1996.
BUFFALO is 13-41 ATS (+84.9 Units) when playing against a team with a losing record over the last 2 seasons.

FLORIDA is 7-3 (+3.3 Units) against the spread versus BUFFALO over the last 3 seasons
FLORIDA is 7-3-0 straight up against BUFFALO over the last 3 seasons
5 of 9 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons . (Over=+0.5 Units)

PHILADELPHIA (14-16-0-7, 35 pts.) at CAROLINA (10-23-0-4, 24 pts.) - 1/2/2015, 7:05 PM
PHILADELPHIA is 0-7 ATS (+8.1 Units) in road games when playing against a team with a losing record this season.
PHILADELPHIA is 0-7 ATS (+8.1 Units) in road games when playing against a team with a losing record in the first half of the season this season.
CAROLINA is 10-27 ATS (-23.9 Units) in all games this season.
CAROLINA is 6-15 ATS (-9.2 Units) in home games vs. division opponents over the last 2 seasons.
CAROLINA is 4-18 ATS (+29.8 Units) revenging a loss versus opponent this season.

CAROLINA is 4-3 (+1.2 Units) against the spread versus PHILADELPHIA over the last 3 seasons
CAROLINA is 4-3-0 straight up against PHILADELPHIA over the last 3 seasons
4 of 7 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons . (Over=+1.2 Units)

MONTREAL (24-11-0-2, 50 pts.) at NEW JERSEY (13-19-0-7, 33 pts.) - 1/2/2015, 7:05 PM
MONTREAL is 24-13 ATS (+7.9 Units) in all games this season.
NEW JERSEY is 13-26 ATS (-25.9 Units) in all games this season.
NEW JERSEY is 7-16 ATS (-11.0 Units) on Friday nights over the last 2 seasons.

MONTREAL is 4-1 (+2.2 Units) against the spread versus NEW JERSEY over the last 3 seasons
MONTREAL is 4-1-0 straight up against NEW JERSEY over the last 3 seasons
2 of 3 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons . (Over=+0.8 Units)

TORONTO (21-14-0-3, 45 pts.) at MINNESOTA (17-14-0-4, 38 pts.) - 1/2/2015, 8:05 PM
TORONTO is 24-33 ATS (-18.0 Units) when playing against a team with a losing record over the last 2 seasons.
MINNESOTA is 157-142 ATS (+321.3 Units) after scoring 1 goal or less in their previous game since 1996.
TORONTO is 23-17 ATS (+41.9 Units) in non-conference games over the last 2 seasons.

MINNESOTA is 1-1 (+0.0 Units) against the spread versus TORONTO over the last 3 seasons
MINNESOTA is 1-1-0 straight up against TORONTO over the last 3 seasons
2 of 2 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons . (Under=+2.1 Units)

NY ISLANDERS (25-11-0-1, 51 pts.) at CALGARY (21-15-0-3, 45 pts.) - 1/2/2015, 9:05 PM
CALGARY is 10-3 ATS (+13.7 Units) after a division game this season.
NY ISLANDERS are 25-12 ATS (+11.1 Units) in all games this season.
NY ISLANDERS are 13-8 ATS (+24.8 Units) in road games second half of the season over the last 2 seasons.
NY ISLANDERS are 10-5 ATS (+16.8 Units) in road games on Friday nights over the last 2 seasons.
NY ISLANDERS are 84-96 ATS (+220.0 Units) in road games after a non-conference game since 1996.
NY ISLANDERS are 12-6 ATS (+18.4 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record this season.
NY ISLANDERS are 12-6 ATS (+18.4 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record in the first half of the season this season.

CALGARY is 2-0 (+2.4 Units) against the spread versus NY ISLANDERS over the last 3 seasons
CALGARY is 2-0-0 straight up against NY ISLANDERS over the last 3 seasons
2 of 2 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons . (Over=+2.1 Units)

EDMONTON (8-22-0-8, 24 pts.) at COLORADO (14-15-0-8, 36 pts.) - 1/2/2015, 9:05 PM
EDMONTON is 8-30 ATS (+50.9 Units) in all games this season.
EDMONTON is 2-16 ATS (+27.6 Units) after a division game this season.
EDMONTON is 2-16 ATS (+24.4 Units) after allowing 4 goals or more this season.
COLORADO is 31-19 ATS (+8.1 Units) second half of the season over the last 2 seasons.
COLORADO is 29-20 ATS (+4.1 Units) after a non-conference game over the last 2 seasons.
COLORADO is 36-14 ATS (+19.9 Units) when playing against a team with a losing record over the last 2 seasons.
EDMONTON is 45-40 ATS (+97.6 Units) in road games on Friday nights since 1996.

EDMONTON is 4-3 (+1.6 Units) against the spread versus COLORADO over the last 3 seasons
EDMONTON is 4-3-0 straight up against COLORADO over the last 3 seasons
4 of 7 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons . (Under=+0.6 Units)

ST LOUIS (22-12-0-3, 47 pts.) at ANAHEIM (24-9-0-6, 54 pts.) - 1/2/2015, 10:05 PM
ST LOUIS is 2-8 ATS (-9.3 Units) on Friday nights over the last 2 seasons.
ANAHEIM is 85-49 ATS (+22.6 Units) in all games over the last 2 seasons.
ANAHEIM is 189-139 ATS (+38.8 Units) revenging a loss versus opponent since 1996.
ANAHEIM is 41-26 ATS (+10.4 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons.
ANAHEIM is 26-14 ATS (+9.3 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record in the first half of the season over the last 2 seasons.

ANAHEIM is 6-2 (+5.5 Units) against the spread versus ST LOUIS over the last 3 seasons
ANAHEIM is 6-2-0 straight up against ST LOUIS over the last 3 seasons
5 of 8 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons . (Under=+2.1 Units)

Tokens
NHL
Armadillo's Write-Up

Friday, January 2

Hot teams
-- Lightning won last four games, allowing seven goals.
-- Canadiens won four in row, seven of last eight games.
-- Islanders won six of their last eight games. Calgaey won its last four.
-- Avalanche won three of their last four home games.

Cold teams
-- Penguins lost four of their last five games.
-- Sabres lost six of last seven games. Florida is 6-10 in its last sixteen road games.
-- Carolina lost 11 of last 13 games. Flyers lost last three games, outscored 12-6.
-- New Jersey lost eight of its last ten games.
-- Toronto lost five of its last seven games. Minnesota lost six of last seven.
-- Oilers lost 21 of their last 23 games.
-- Ducks lost four of their last seven games. St Louis lost five of last six.

Series records
-- Penguins won ten of last eleven games with Tampa Bay.
-- Panthers won five of last six games with Buffalo.
-- Hurricanes won four of last five games with Philly.
-- Canadiens won four of last six games with New Jersey.
-- Maple Leafs won three of last four games with Minnesota.
-- Islanders are 5-3 in their last eight games with Calgary.
-- Oilers are 8-3 in their last 11 games with Colorado.
-- Ducks won four of their last five games with St Louis.

Totals
-- Eight of last nine Penguin home games stayed under.
-- Last five Buffalo home games went over the total.
-- Five of last six Philly road games went over. Under is 14-1 in last 15 Carolina games.
-- 12 of last 13 New Jersey home games stayed under.
-- Five of last seven Toronto road games stayed under.
-- Eight of last ten Islander road games went over.
-- Five of last seven Colorado home games went over.
-- Under is 7-1-1 in last nine Anaheim home games.

Back-to-back
-- None

Tokens
NHL

Friday, January 2

Trend Report

7:00 PM
FLORIDA vs. BUFFALO
Florida is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games when playing Buffalo
The total has gone OVER in 8 of Florida's last 12 games when playing on the road against Buffalo
The total has gone OVER in 5 of Buffalo's last 5 games
Buffalo is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against Florida

MONTREAL vs. NEW JERSEY
Montreal is 7-1 SU in its last 8 games
Montreal is 6-2 SU in its last 8 games when playing on the road against New Jersey
New Jersey is 2-7 SU in its last 9 games at home
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of New Jersey's last 5 games at home

PHILADELPHIA vs. CAROLINA
Philadelphia is 16-6 SU in its last 22 games when playing Carolina
Philadelphia is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing Carolina
Carolina is 3-10 SU in its last 13 games when playing at home against Philadelphia
Carolina is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing Philadelphia

TAMPA BAY vs. PITTSBURGH
Tampa Bay is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Pittsburgh
The total has gone OVER in 11 of Tampa Bay's last 16 games on the road
The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Pittsburgh's last 9 games at home
Pittsburgh is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games at home

8:00 PM
TORONTO vs. MINNESOTA
Toronto is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Toronto's last 5 games when playing Minnesota
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Minnesota's last 5 games when playing Toronto
Minnesota is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games at home

9:00 PM
EDMONTON vs. COLORADO
Edmonton is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games on the road
Edmonton is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games when playing on the road against Colorado
Colorado is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing at home against Edmonton
Colorado is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games when playing Edmonton

9:00 PM
NY ISLANDERS vs. CALGARY
The total has gone OVER in 4 of the NY Islanders last 5 games when playing on the road against Calgary
The total has gone OVER in 4 of the NY Islanders last 5 games on the road
Calgary is 10-4 SU in its last 14 games at home
Calgary is 8-3 SU in their last 11 games when playing at home against NY Islanders

ST. LOUIS vs. ANAHEIM
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of St. Louis's last 6 games when playing Anaheim
St. Louis is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games on the road
The total has gone OVER in 8 of Anaheim's last 12 games when playing at home against St. Louis
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Anaheim's last 6 games when playing St. Louis

Tokens
Hi CNOTES ,,,, new to the RX Forum ,,,,,mostly lurking about so far ,,,, appreciate the info on your threads here. The Head to Head info is most valuable. Thanks

Tokens
Welcome to the RX Wageure.....Good Luck on your wagering.....

Tokens
Armadillo: Saturday's six-pack

-- Colorado 62, UCLA 56-- Bruins lost their last four games.

-- Pistons 97, Knicks 81-- Spike Lee's tickets cost $3,600 a pop; he ain't getting his money's worth.

-- Mavericks 119, Celtics 101-- Rondo had 29 in his return to Boston.

-- USC QB Cody Kessler is coming back to school next year; very good news for the Trojans, who are on way back from depth-reducing probation.

-- North Carolina named former Auburn coach Gene Chizik defensive coordinator; he won the national title at Auburn four short years ago.

-- Get well soon coach Mick Cronin-- Cincinnati hoop coach is done for year due to an aneurysm-related health problem.

Armadillo: Saturday's List of 13: Random stuff with weekend here.......

13) Houston 35, Pitt 34-- Cougars fired their coach; Pitt's coach bolted for another job, so of course this bowl had one of the best endings. Pitt led 35-14 with 4:00 left but lost in regulation. Houston recovered two onside kicks on a rainy day. Cougars gained 292 yards, just in the fourth quarter.

12) You see how happy those Houston kids were when they won, and you know why some people prefer the bowl system to a playoff. With the playoff, only one team gets to go home happy at the end. Those Houston kids are happy today.

11) Michigan State 42, Baylor 41-- Spartans were down 41-21 early in 4th quarter, rallied to beat Baylor team that passed for 605 yards. Next time you hear Art Briles' name mentioned for an NFL job, he better have learned better game management skills than he showed in this game. When you're holding the ball to kill the clock, don't snap the ball with :11 left on the play clock. Spartans got winning TD with 0:17 left.

10) Four teams have won bowls this year after trailing by 14+ points; Baylor's win at TCU was the only regular season game this year where a team trailed by 20+ in fourth quarter and won. Michigan State and Houston did it this week.

9) Butler named Chris Holtmann permanent head coach, taking the interim tag off that he had since this fall, when the previous coach took medical leave. Bulldogs have played better this season; not sure if they're an NCAA tourney team though.

8) UCLA 40, Kansas State 35-- Bruins led 31-6 at half, then hung on for win; Mora was annoyed that his QB got hit while kneeling down to kill clock at end of the game. He pretty much blew off Bill Snyder in the coaches' post-game handshake.

7) RIP Donna Douglas, who died this week at age 81. Ms Douglas played Elly May on the Beverly Hillbillies. Her death leaves Max Baer (Jethro) as the only surviving member of the cast. Guys I went to college with watched this show every day.

6) Oklahoma State 30, Washington 22-- Pac-12 is now 5-2 in bowl games this year. #7 on Washington not only played defense, he was covering kicks, alll while playing with a broken left thumb. Rams need to draft that young man.

5) Must cost a small fortune to transport/house these bands that play at college football games-- there are over 200 kids in those bands.

4) Warriors 126, Raptors 105-- Not sure if I've mentioned this, but Golden State has a really big fan base-- they have, by far, the most fans at summer league games in Las Vegas. If you didn't know and just assumed the teams with the most fans were the best teams, you'd identify the Warriors as a league power.

3) There is a reality program called Friday Night Tykes on the Esquire Channel-- it is about youth football and it is pretty interesting, if not occasionally disturbing. The show's second season starts later this month.

2) New Orleans Saints fired three assistant coaches, using them as scapegoats for the team's lousy season,. One of the coaches is Henry Ellard, who was one of my favorite players when he was a fine WR for the Rams. How does Rob Ryan keep his job while they fire the wide receivers' coach?

1) Now comes news that Knicks may shut Carmelo Anthony down for the season; do season ticket holders get a rebate when the supposed "star" stops playing? Knicks are already 5-30, with two 10-game losing streaks in the first 35 games.

Tokens
NHL
Long Sheet

Saturday, January 3

OTTAWA (15-14-0-7, 37 pts.) at BOSTON (19-15-0-4, 42 pts.) - 1/3/2015, 1:05 PM
OTTAWA is 0-7 ATS (+8.5 Units) in road games after a win by 2 goals or more over the last 2 seasons.
OTTAWA is 12-25 ATS (-14.7 Units) after scoring 4 goals or more in their previous game over the last 2 seasons.
BOSTON is 175-145 ATS (-44.2 Units) in home games when playing against a team with a losing record since 1996.

BOSTON is 7-3 (+2.1 Units) against the spread versus OTTAWA over the last 3 seasons
BOSTON is 7-3-0 straight up against OTTAWA over the last 3 seasons
4 of 6 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons . (Over=+1.8 Units)

NASHVILLE (24-9-0-3, 51 pts.) at LOS ANGELES (19-12-0-8, 46 pts.) - 1/3/2015, 4:05 PM
LOS ANGELES is 35-14 ATS (+12.3 Units) in home games when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 3 seasons.
LOS ANGELES is 14-3 ATS (+9.7 Units) in home games when playing against a team with a winning record in the first half of the season over the last 2 seasons.
NASHVILLE is 24-12 ATS (+8.5 Units) in all games this season.
NASHVILLE is 182-128 ATS (+36.6 Units) on Saturday games since 1996.

NASHVILLE is 5-2 (+4.4 Units) against the spread versus LOS ANGELES over the last 3 seasons
NASHVILLE is 5-2-0 straight up against LOS ANGELES over the last 3 seasons
3 of 6 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons . (Over=+0.3 Units)

MONTREAL (25-11-0-2, 52 pts.) at PITTSBURGH (24-9-0-5, 53 pts.) - 1/3/2015, 7:05 PM
MONTREAL is 25-13 ATS (+8.8 Units) in all games this season.
MONTREAL is 25-18 ATS (+44.1 Units) in a road game where where the total is 5 or less over the last 2 seasons.
MONTREAL is 18-13 ATS (+33.8 Units) in road games second half of the season over the last 2 seasons.
MONTREAL is 32-16 ATS (+14.0 Units) revenging a loss versus opponent over the last 2 seasons.
MONTREAL is 16-10 ATS (+27.3 Units) in road games after scoring 4 goals or more in their previous game over the last 2 seasons.
MONTREAL is 39-27 ATS (+67.3 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons.
PITTSBURGH is 69-86 ATS (-32.5 Units) in a home game where where the total is 5 or less since 1996.
PITTSBURGH is 21-27 ATS (-23.4 Units) after scoring 4 goals or more in their previous game over the last 2 seasons.

PITTSBURGH is 4-2 (+1.0 Units) against the spread versus MONTREAL over the last 3 seasons
PITTSBURGH is 4-2-0 straight up against MONTREAL over the last 3 seasons
3 of 5 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons . (Over=+0.9 Units)

BUFFALO (14-22-0-3, 31 pts.) at NY RANGERS (20-11-0-4, 44 pts.) - 1/3/2015, 7:05 PM
BUFFALO is 12-40 ATS (+81.8 Units) after scoring 1 goal or less in their previous game over the last 2 seasons.
BUFFALO is 93-91 ATS (+203.5 Units) in road games after a loss by 2 goals or more in their previous game since 1996.
NY RANGERS are 193-193 ATS (-111.8 Units) in home games second half of the season since 1996.
NY RANGERS are 96-101 ATS (-63.1 Units) in home games after a win by 2 goals or more since 1996.
NY RANGERS are 11-15 ATS (-15.1 Units) in home games after scoring 4 goals or more in their previous game over the last 2 seasons.

NY RANGERS is 4-1 (+2.5 Units) against the spread versus BUFFALO over the last 3 seasons
NY RANGERS is 4-1-0 straight up against BUFFALO over the last 3 seasons
4 of 4 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons . (Under=+4.1 Units)

PHILADELPHIA (14-17-0-7, 35 pts.) at NEW JERSEY (13-20-0-7, 33 pts.) - 1/3/2015, 7:05 PM
PHILADELPHIA is 0-8 ATS (+8.9 Units) in road games when playing against a team with a losing record this season.
PHILADELPHIA is 0-8 ATS (+8.9 Units) in road games when playing against a team with a losing record in the first half of the season this season.
PHILADELPHIA is 21-13 ATS (+34.3 Units) on Saturday games over the last 2 seasons.
NEW JERSEY is 13-27 ATS (-20.8 Units) in all games this season.
NEW JERSEY is 4-11 ATS (+17.1 Units) in a home game where where the total is 5 or less this season.
NEW JERSEY is 5-17 ATS (+25.2 Units) revenging a loss versus opponent this season.
NEW JERSEY is 23-33 ATS (+58.0 Units) when playing against a team with a losing record over the last 2 seasons.

NEW JERSEY is 6-4 (+1.7 Units) against the spread versus PHILADELPHIA over the last 3 seasons
NEW JERSEY is 6-4-0 straight up against PHILADELPHIA over the last 3 seasons
6 of 9 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons . (Under=+2.7 Units)

TORONTO (21-15-0-3, 45 pts.) at WINNIPEG (19-12-0-7, 45 pts.) - 1/3/2015, 7:05 PM
TORONTO is 1-9 ATS (+12.0 Units) in road games on Saturday games over the last 2 seasons.
WINNIPEG is 25-15 ATS (+7.5 Units) after allowing 4 goals or more over the last 2 seasons.
WINNIPEG is 1-7 ATS (-9.6 Units) in home games when playing against a team with a winning record this season.
WINNIPEG is 1-7 ATS (-6.4 Units) in home games when playing against a team with a winning record in the first half of the season this season.

WINNIPEG is 4-1 (+3.1 Units) against the spread versus TORONTO over the last 3 seasons
WINNIPEG is 4-1-0 straight up against TORONTO over the last 3 seasons
4 of 5 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons . (Over=+3.0 Units)

COLUMBUS (16-16-0-3, 35 pts.) at ARIZONA (14-19-0-4, 32 pts.) - 1/3/2015, 8:05 PM
COLUMBUS is 80-80 ATS (+181.5 Units) in January games since 1996.

COLUMBUS is 3-2 (+1.4 Units) against the spread versus ARIZONA over the last 3 seasons
COLUMBUS is 3-2-0 straight up against ARIZONA over the last 3 seasons
3 of 5 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons . (Over=+0.8 Units)

MINNESOTA (18-14-0-4, 40 pts.) at DALLAS (17-14-0-5, 39 pts.) - 1/3/2015, 8:05 PM
DALLAS is 4-11 ATS (-10.3 Units) in January games over the last 2 seasons.
DALLAS is 1-10 ATS (-11.2 Units) vs. division opponents this season.
DALLAS is 2-9 ATS (-9.4 Units) in home games revenging a loss versus opponent this season.
DALLAS is 1-7 ATS (+8.3 Units) after a 3 game unbeaten streak over the last 2 seasons.

MINNESOTA is 7-3 (+4.1 Units) against the spread versus DALLAS over the last 3 seasons
MINNESOTA is 7-3-0 straight up against DALLAS over the last 3 seasons
5 of 9 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons . (Over=+0.5 Units)

DETROIT (20-9-0-9, 49 pts.) at VANCOUVER (21-12-0-3, 45 pts.) - 1/3/2015, 10:05 PM
DETROIT is 103-100 ATS (-48.7 Units) in January games since 1996.
VANCOUVER is 4-12 ATS (-13.8 Units) in January games over the last 2 seasons.
VANCOUVER is 13-29 ATS (-20.8 Units) second half of the season over the last 2 seasons.
VANCOUVER is 10-16 ATS (-13.7 Units) in home games after a division game over the last 2 seasons.
VANCOUVER is 18-33 ATS (-17.4 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons.

DETROIT is 5-0 (+6.2 Units) against the spread versus VANCOUVER over the last 3 seasons
DETROIT is 5-0-0 straight up against VANCOUVER over the last 3 seasons
3 of 5 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons . (Over=+0.4 Units)

ST LOUIS (22-13-0-3, 47 pts.) at SAN JOSE (20-13-0-5, 45 pts.) - 1/3/2015, 10:35 PM
SAN JOSE is 45-25 ATS (+7.3 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons.
SAN JOSE is 173-127 ATS (+41.7 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record in the first half of the season since 1996.
SAN JOSE is 79-75 ATS (-53.7 Units) in home games when playing with 2 days rest since 1996.
SAN JOSE is 44-46 ATS (-35.0 Units) in home games after 3 or more consecutive unders since 1996.

SAN JOSE is 5-2 (+2.9 Units) against the spread versus ST LOUIS over the last 3 seasons
SAN JOSE is 5-2-0 straight up against ST LOUIS over the last 3 seasons
5 of 6 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons . (Over=+4.5 Units)

Tokens
NHL
Armadillo's Write-Up

Saturday, January 3

Hot teams
-- Nashville won five of its last seven games.
-- Rangers won nine of their last ten games.
-- Montreal won eight of its last nine games. Penguins won seven of last eight at home.
-- Dallas Stars won last three games, allowing five goals.
-- Arizona won three of its last four games. Columbus won nine of last 12 (3-3 in last six).
-- Red Wings won three of their last four games.

Cold teams
-- Bruins lost nine of last 14 games. Ottawa lost seven of last nine road games.
-- Kings are 6-8 in last 14 games, but won three of last four at home.
-- Flyers lost last four games, scoring seven goals. Devils lost ten of last twelve games.
-- Sabres lost seven of their last eight games.
-- Maple Leafs lost six of their last eight games. Winnipeg lost its last three home games.
-- Minnesota lost six of its last eight games.
-- Vancouver lost seven of its last ten games.
-- St Louis lost six of its last seven games. San Jose lost three of last four.

Series records
-- Senators are 4-3 in last seven games with Boston.
-- Kings lost their last three games with Nashville.
-- Road team won six of last seven Flyer-Devil games.
-- Rangers won eight of last ten games with Buffalo.
-- Penguins won five of last seven games with Montreal.
-- Jets won five of last six games with Toronto.
-- Minnesota won its three games with Dallas this season.
-- Blue Jackets won last three games with Arizona.
-- Sharks won their last four games with St Louis.

Totals
-- Under is 6-1-1 in last eight Ottawa road games. Last five Boston games went over.
-- Last four Nashville road games went over total.
-- Five of last seven Philly road games went over. Under is 14-3 in last 17 Devil games.
-- Last four Buffalo road games went over total.
-- Eight of last ten Pittsburgh home games stayed under.
-- Six of last eight Toronto road games stayed under.
-- Under is 6-2-1 in last nine Minnesota road games.
-- Four of last five Columbus road games stayed under.
-- Under is 10-2-1 in last thirteen Detroit games.
-- Seven of last eight San Jose games stayed under.

Back-to-back
-- Flyers are 1-5 if they played the night before. New Jersey is 2-5.
-- Sabres are 3-4 if they played the night before.
-- Montreal is 5-2 on road if it played night before. Penguins are 2-4 if they played nite before.
-- Toronto is 5-3 if it played the night before.
-- Minnesota won two of three if it played night before.
-- St Louis is 3-3 if it played night before.

Tokens
NHL

Saturday, January 3

Trend Report

1:00 PM
OTTAWA vs. BOSTON
Ottawa is 3-9 SU in its last 12 games when playing on the road against Boston
Ottawa is 5-10 SU in its last 15 games
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Boston's last 5 games at home
The total has gone OVER in 5 of Boston's last 7 games when playing Ottawa

4:00 PM
NASHVILLE vs. LOS ANGELES
The total has gone OVER in 5 of Nashville's last 6 games on the road
Nashville is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games
Los Angeles is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games when playing Nashville
Los Angeles is 17-6 SU in its last 23 games at home

BUFFALO vs. NY RANGERS
Buffalo is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games on the road
Buffalo is 1-7 SU in its last 8 games
NY Rangers are 9-1 SU in their last 10 games
NY Rangers are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games when playing at home against Buffalo

MONTREAL vs. PITTSBURGH
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Montreal's last 6 games
Montreal is 3-8 SU in its last 11 games when playing Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh is 8-3 SU in its last 11 games when playing Montreal
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Pittsburgh's last 5 games when playing at home against Montreal

PHILADELPHIA vs. NEW JERSEY
Philadelphia is 4-11 SU in its last 15 games when playing New Jersey
Philadelphia is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games on the road
New Jersey is 11-4 SU in its last 15 games when playing Philadelphia
New Jersey is 2-8 SU in its last 10 games at home

TORONTO vs. WINNIPEG
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Toronto's last 6 games when playing on the road against Winnipeg
Toronto is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games on the road
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Winnipeg's last 5 games
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Winnipeg's last 5 games when playing Toronto

COLUMBUS vs. ARIZONA
Columbus is 6-3 SU in its last 9 games when playing Arizona
Columbus is 2-6 SU in its last 8 games when playing on the road against Arizona
Arizona is 3-6 SU in its last 9 games when playing Columbus
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Arizona's last 6 games at home

MINNESOTA vs. DALLAS
Minnesota is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games when playing Dallas
Minnesota is 2-6 SU in its last 8 games
Dallas is 7-1 SU in its last 8 games
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Dallas's last 6 games when playing at home against Minnesota

DETROIT vs. VANCOUVER
Detroit is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games when playing Vancouver
The total has gone OVER in 6 of Detroit's last 9 games when playing on the road against Vancouver
Vancouver is 3-7 SU in its last 10 games
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Vancouver's last 6 games

10:30 PM
ST. LOUIS vs. SAN JOSE
St. Louis is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing San Jose
St. Louis is 1-6 SU in its last 7 games
The total has gone OVER in 6 of San Jose's last 9 games when playing at home against St. Louis
San Jose is 10-4 SU in its last 14 games

Tokens
NHL
Dunkel

Philadelphia at New Jersey
The Flyers head to New Jersey tonight to face a Devils team that is 0-7 in its last 7 Saturday games. Philadelphia is the pick (+105) according to Dunkel, which has the Flyers favored by 1 1/2. Dunkel Pick: Philadelphia (+105). Here are all of today's NHL picks.

SATURDAY, JANUARY 3

Game 1-2: Ottawa at Boston (1:00 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Ottawa 10.362; Boston 11.719
Dunkel Line & Total: Boston by 1 1/2; 5 1/2
Vegas Line & Total: Boston (-180); 5
Dunkel Pick: Boston (-180); Over

Game 3-4: Nashville at Los Angeles (4:00 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Nashville 12.323; Los Angeles 10.853
Dunkel Line & Total: Nashville by 1 1/2; 4
Vegas Line & Total: Los Angeles (-125); 5
Dunkel Pick: Nashville (+105); Under

Game 5-6: Montreal at Pittsburgh (7:00 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Montreal 12.607; Pittsburgh 11.565
Dunkel Line & Total: Montreal by 1; 4 1/2
Vegas Line & Total: Pittsburgh (-150); 5
Dunkel Pick: Montreal (+130); Under

Game 7-8: Buffalo at NY Rangers (7:00 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Buffalo 9.752; NY Rangers 12.375
Dunkel Line & Total: NY Rangers by 2 1/2; 6
Vegas Line & Total: NY Rangers (-325); 5 1/2
Dunkel Pick: NY Rangers (-325); Over

Game 9-10: Philadelphia at New Jersey (7:00 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Philadelphia 11.651; New Jersey 10.221
Dunkel Line & Total: Philadelphia by 1 1/2; 6
Vegas Line & Total: New Jersey (-125); 5
Dunkel Pick: Philadelphia (+105); Over

Game 11-12: Toronto at Winnipeg (7:00 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Toronto 10.212; Winnipeg 11.775
Dunkel Line & Total: Winnipeg by 1 1/2; 5
Vegas Line & Total: Winnipeg (-145); 5 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Winnipeg (-145); Under

Game 13-14: Columbus at Arizona (8:00 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Columbus 12.078; Arizona 10.019
Dunkel Line & Total: Columbus by 2; 4 1/2
Vegas Line & Total: Arizona (-115); 5 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Columbus (-105); Under

Game 15-16: Minnesota at Dallas (8:00 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Minnnesota 10.663; Dallas 12.069
Dunkel Line & Total: Dallas by 1 1/2; 6 1/2
Vegas Line & Total: Dallas (-140); 5 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Dallas (-140); Over

Game 17-18: Detroit at Vancouver (10:00 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Detroit 11.556; Vancouver 10.102
Dunkel Line & Total: Detroit by 1 1/2; ;5
Vegas Line & Total: Vancouver (-125); 5 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Detroit (+105); Under

Game 19-20: St. Louis at San Jose (10:30 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: St. Louis 10.756; San Jose 12.104
Dunkel Line & Total: San Jose by 1 1/2; 5 1/2
Vegas Line & Total: San Jose (-140); 5
Dunkel Pick: San Jose (-140); ;Over

Tokens
Armadillo: Sunday's six-pack

-- Virginia 89, Miami 80 2OT-- Cavaliers led by 18 at the half.

-- Seton Hall 66, Villanova 63 OT-- Pirates are 2-0 in Big East.

-- South Carolina 64, Iowa State 60-- Big win for Frank Martin's Gamecocks.

-- Butler 73, St John's 69-- Good road win for the Bulldogs.

-- Tulane 74, Memphis 66- Spoiled Tiger fans won't like this score.

-- Fresno State 59, San Diego State 57-- Aztecs have trouble scoring.

Armadillo: Sunday's List of 13: Wrapping up a sports Saturday......

13) Panthers 27, Cardinals 16-- You're not winning a road playoff game with your #3 QB. What were the odds there would be a safety in both games Saturday?

12) Ravens 30, Steelers 17-- John Harbaugh has made playoffs six times and won his first game every time; Baltimore visits Foxboro next weekend.

11) Florida 28, East Carolina 20-- People scoff at the SEC, the league that went 7-5 in bowl games this year. 7-5 in bowls is a bad year for the SEC, but most other leagues would be more than happy with it.

10) Over last six years, Big 14 teams have played in 49 bowls and were favored only seven times (3-3-1 vs spread). They were the dog in 42 of 49 games; interesting.

9) Bengals lost their last seven visits to Indy; their last win there was in '97, when Kelly Holcomb subbed for Colts' QB Jim Harbaugh. Cincinnati is 10-5-1 this year and was an underdog in nine of their 16 games.

8) Kentucky/Vanderbilt are only two SEC teams that didn't go bowling this year; in the next few years, people will appreciate the job James Franklin did at Vandy.

7) Is there a carryover between how a team does in its bowl game and how they play the following season(s), or is it just a random occurence?

6) TCU's basketball team has interesting bloodlines, with Mark Price's son, Chris Washburn's son and Trey Zeigler, who originally went to Central Mixchigan when his dad was named coach there, then went to Pitt when his father got fired, then bolted there for TCU-- he's a good player, Frogs are much improved.

5) ESPN has few new basketball analysts this year; of the ones I've heard so far, Jim Calhoun will be very good, Craig Robinson is good, while Stan Heath, Shane Battier don't seem to add very much. Its still early though; they'll get better with time.

If I were advising a new analyst, I'd advise them to express strong opinions, when you have one. Don't rattle on just for the sake of being controversial; be yourself, but talk about the basketball things you care about.

4) ESPN'/Elias report that Arizona Cardinals scored only 73 points over their final six regular season games (12.2 ppg), fewest by a playoff team since 1935 Giants. They were also the first playoff team ever where no one ran the ball 100+ times.

3) The retired athletic director at North Carolina has an annual pension of $266,000; this is the guy who oversaw an athletic department whose athletes were often frauds in the classroom. When do people in athletic department start losing jobs for that?

2) Bad Beats of the Day: Virginia and Jacksonville State were both 7.5-point dogs who went to overtime and then didn't cover the spread; you have a 7.5-point dog in OT, you should almost never lose. Overcoming bad beats is a challenge to gamblers.

1) If NFL Network wants a great reality show, how about talking someone into letting their job interview be filmed? No way Rex Ryan says no to that.

Tokens
NHL
Long Sheet

Sunday, January 4

BOSTON (19-15-0-5, 43 pts.) at CAROLINA (11-23-0-4, 26 pts.) - 1/4/2015, 1:05 PM
CAROLINA is 11-27 ATS (-39.0 Units) in all games this season.
CAROLINA is 5-18 ATS (+29.9 Units) revenging a loss versus opponent this season.

BOSTON is 6-1 (+4.5 Units) against the spread versus CAROLINA over the last 3 seasons
BOSTON is 6-1-0 straight up against CAROLINA over the last 3 seasons
4 of 5 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons . (Over=+3.3 Units)

FLORIDA (17-10-0-9, 43 pts.) at WASHINGTON (19-11-0-7, 45 pts.) - 1/4/2015, 3:05 PM
FLORIDA is 12-29 ATS (+47.9 Units) after a division game over the last 2 seasons.
FLORIDA is 26-55 ATS (+87.9 Units) after shutting out their opponent in their previous game since 1996.
FLORIDA is 112-168 ATS (+281.9 Units) after a win by 2 goals or more since 1996.
WASHINGTON is 12-3 ATS (+8.0 Units) revenging a loss versus opponent this season.

WASHINGTON is 7-2 (+4.5 Units) against the spread versus FLORIDA over the last 3 seasons
WASHINGTON is 7-2-0 straight up against FLORIDA over the last 3 seasons
4 of 9 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons . (Over=-0.6 Units, Under=-0.1 Units)

TAMPA BAY (24-12-0-4, 52 pts.) at OTTAWA (16-14-0-7, 39 pts.) - 1/4/2015, 7:05 PM
TAMPA BAY is 294-368 ATS (-116.7 Units) when playing against a team with a losing record since 1996.
TAMPA BAY is 137-182 ATS (-65.8 Units) when playing against a team with a losing record in the first half of the season since 1996.

TAMPA BAY is 6-4 (+0.1 Units) against the spread versus OTTAWA over the last 3 seasons
TAMPA BAY is 6-4-0 straight up against OTTAWA over the last 3 seasons
6 of 10 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons . (Over=+1.5 Units)

COLUMBUS (16-17-0-3, 35 pts.) at COLORADO (15-15-0-8, 38 pts.) - 1/4/2015, 8:05 PM
COLORADO is 32-19 ATS (+7.8 Units) second half of the season over the last 2 seasons.
COLORADO is 37-14 ATS (+20.9 Units) when playing against a team with a losing record over the last 2 seasons.
COLUMBUS is 80-81 ATS (+182.6 Units) in January games since 1996.

COLORADO is 3-1 (+1.6 Units) against the spread versus COLUMBUS over the last 3 seasons
COLORADO is 3-1-0 straight up against COLUMBUS over the last 3 seasons
3 of 4 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons . (Under=+1.7 Units)

NASHVILLE (25-9-0-3, 53 pts.) at ANAHEIM (25-9-0-6, 56 pts.) - 1/4/2015, 8:05 PM
ANAHEIM is 86-49 ATS (+144.6 Units) in all games over the last 2 seasons.
ANAHEIM is 36-11 ATS (+18.6 Units) after scoring 4 goals or more in their previous game over the last 2 seasons.
ANAHEIM is 42-26 ATS (+6.1 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons.
ANAHEIM is 27-14 ATS (+10.2 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record in the first half of the season over the last 2 seasons.
NASHVILLE is 25-12 ATS (+9.6 Units) in all games this season.
NASHVILLE is 113-88 ATS (+19.4 Units) in January games since 1996.
NASHVILLE is 14-11 ATS (+30.5 Units) in road games when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons.

ANAHEIM is 5-1 (+3.3 Units) against the spread versus NASHVILLE over the last 3 seasons
ANAHEIM is 5-1-0 straight up against NASHVILLE over the last 3 seasons
4 of 5 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons . (Over=+3.3 Units)

DALLAS (18-14-0-5, 41 pts.) at CHICAGO (25-11-0-2, 52 pts.) - 1/4/2015, 8:05 PM
DALLAS is 2-10 ATS (+12.0 Units) vs. division opponents this season.
DALLAS is 76-76 ATS (+172.3 Units) in road games revenging a loss versus opponent since 1996.
DALLAS is 84-78 ATS (+175.2 Units) in road games when playing against a team with a winning record in the first half of the season since 1996.
CHICAGO is 5-10 ATS (-14.2 Units) in January games over the last 2 seasons.
CHICAGO is 29-31 ATS (-25.1 Units) second half of the season over the last 2 seasons.
CHICAGO is 12-17 ATS (-20.5 Units) when playing with 2 days rest over the last 2 seasons.
CHICAGO is 6-9 ATS (-9.4 Units) after a non-conference game this season.
CHICAGO is 273-299 ATS (-62.4 Units) when playing against a team with a losing record since 1996.
CHICAGO is 146-155 ATS (-71.2 Units) when playing against a team with a losing record in the first half of the season since 1996.

CHICAGO is 8-1 (+5.8 Units) against the spread versus DALLAS over the last 3 seasons
CHICAGO is 8-1-0 straight up against DALLAS over the last 3 seasons
6 of 9 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons . (Over=+2.9 Units)

NY ISLANDERS (26-11-0-1, 53 pts.) at EDMONTON (8-22-0-9, 25 pts.) - 1/4/2015, 9:35 PM
NY ISLANDERS are 12-36 ATS (+58.8 Units) in road games after a 3 game unbeaten streak since 1996.
NY ISLANDERS are 26-12 ATS (+12.1 Units) in all games this season.
NY ISLANDERS are 14-8 ATS (+25.6 Units) in road games second half of the season over the last 2 seasons.
NY ISLANDERS are 85-96 ATS (+220.7 Units) in road games after a non-conference game since 1996.
EDMONTON is 8-31 ATS (-37.6 Units) in all games this season.
EDMONTON is 14-46 ATS (+78.6 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons.
EDMONTON is 6-31 ATS (+56.8 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record in the first half of the season over the last 2 seasons.

EDMONTON is 1-1 (+0.0 Units) against the spread versus NY ISLANDERS over the last 3 seasons
EDMONTON is 1-1-0 straight up against NY ISLANDERS over the last 3 seasons
2 of 2 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons . (Under=+2.0 Units)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
giaoduc783
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com