Service Plays Saturday 10/4/14

Search
Tokens
Please remember, this forum is not here for regular posters who cap their own games to post ther daily plays. Please use our individual sport forums to post your plays. Professional cappers (those that sell plays) must remain in the Site Promotion Forum.
Do not post any copy written info from the following services.

***Please do not post Twitter plays or forum member plays in this thread.***

Advertise with the Rx - do not post
Al Mcmordie
Allan *******
Doc's Sports Services
Jim Feist
Ocal Sports
Right Angle Sports (RAS)
Robert Ferringo
Sports Money Profit System
Strike Point Sports
Vegas Sports Informer
Vegas Winning Crew

Do not post write-ups
AJ Apollo
Alex Smart
@ntonwins
Apple Handicappers
ASA, ASA Inc’s or American Sports Analysts
ATS Consultants
ATSadv ice.com
Ben Lewis
Brandon Lang's Crew
Bruce Marshall
Chris Jordan's Crew
Dave Cokin
Dennis Hill
Dennis Macklin
Dr. Bob Sports
Dr. guru sports
EZ Winners
Fairway Jay
Fred Wallin
Gametimereport
Greg DiPalma
Hittingpaydirt
JB Sports
Jim Avery
Jim Kruger
Jorge Gonzalez
Ken Jenkins
Killersportslive
Larry Ness
Lenny Delgenio
LT Profits
Lucky Lester
Madduxsports
Marc Lawrence/Playbook
Matt Fargo
Mike Lineback
Mike Rose
Pacific (Pac Star) Sports
PayneInsider
Paul Stone
Peter Gold at VI
Pick Nation Crew
PlusLineSports
Pointwise Sports
PowerPlay Wins
Preferred Picks
Pregame
Pro Sports Info
Red Zone Sports
Right Angle Sports (RAS)
Rocky Atkinson
Ron Raymond
Ross Benjamin
Sal Bansa/sportspicks1019
Scott Spreitzer
Sixth Sense Sports
Sports Memo Crew
Steve Merril SportsAlatex Sports
Stevo Design Inc. All services
Ted Sevransky/Teddy Covers
Tennessee Valley Sports
THELOCKOFTHEDAY
The Prez
The Real Animal
Tony George
Tony Karpinski/3G-Sports
Tom Stryker
Trushel Sports Consulting
Vegasadvisor s.com
Vernon Croy
Winning Points/Sports Reporter
zen_gambler
-------
GL!

Tokens
Welcome to the new sponsor of the Rx Service Thread: Cappers File - The Largest Online Database For Rating Handicappers

attachment.php

The Largest Online Database for Researching and Rating Handicappers

Cappersfile is a common grounds for categorizing and identifying the truthful/good handicappers from the dishonest/bad handicappers. Over 2000 Cappersfiles can be found on our website all graded with an A through F rating, with the list continuously growing. The internet is a great tool for obtaining information; unfortunately, information can be posted and sold even if it is neither truthful nor accurate – Capperfile wants this to change!

Three Search Methods:
Cappersfile includes three methods for identifying which handicapper will best suit your needs.

Recommended Cappers: Cappersfile.comhas identified handicappers that have a minimum of “A” or “B” Cappersfile rating, and has personally experienced excellent customer service including expedited communications with these handicappers.

Browse function: allows for you to narrow your selection of handicappers by picking which options you prefer your handicapper to contain. You can narrow results by grade, free picks, guarantees, etc.

Search function: is available to see the grade given by Cappersfile, if a handicapper or handicapping website is already in mind.

Handicapper Grading:
Grades for each Cappersfile are derived from an established criteria set including: 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] party monitoring for record validity, guarantee offerings, domain longevity, active posting of results and archiving picks history.

Grades are given to handicappers on a scale of A, B, C, D and F.
A and B level cappers meet most, if not all, milestones that Cappersfile has identified to be considered a trustworthy handicapper.

C level cappers are not considered to be untrustworthy because they so contain some of the milestones that Cappersfile identifies as a trustworthy handicapper.

D and F level handicappers do not present their information as anticipated by Cappersfile.

Handicappers cannot buy their grade from Cappersfile, they must earn it!

User Reviews:
cappersfile-front-page_20.png

Cappersfile allows for you to give and read reviews to a specific handicapper based on Honesty, Customer Service, Winning Percentage, Pricing and Guarantees.

Tokens
Dr. Bob

***ARKANSAS STATE (-9) 33 UL Monroe 13
Sat Oct-04-2014 at 04:00 PM Pacific Rotation: 404 Over/Under 0.0

UL Monroe is 3-1 with the only loss being to LSU (0-31) and the Warhawks’ good looking record disguises the fact that they’re a bad team. Their 3 wins were by an average of just 5.3 points to 3 horrible teams (Wake Forest, Idaho, and Troy) and all 3 of those games were at home. Arkansas State is a solid team that has significant advantages over ULM on both sides of the line of scrimmage. The Red Wolves have only played one bad game, a 20-41 loss on the road against an underrated Miami-Florida team, and their 19-34 loss at Tennessee was actually very competitive as they were out played from the line of scrimmage by just 4.4 yppl to 5.0 yppl by a pretty good Tennessee team that almost won at Georgia last week. Arkansas State’s other two games were a 37-10 home win over Montana State, a team that is in the same class as UL Monroe, and a 21-14 home win over Utah State – a team that is more than 10 points better than ULM. Let’s take a look at the match up.

The UL Monroe offense is horrible. The Warhawks have averaged just 4.8 yards per play against teams that would combine to allow 6.5 yppl to an average team and they’ve been 1.5 yppl worse than average or more in all 4 of their games so far – so the pathetic play has been consistent. I don’t expect the Warhawks to generate many scoring opportunities in this game against a better than average Arkansas State defense that’s yielded just 5.3 yppl to 4 teams that would combine to average 5.6 yppl against an average defensive team. The Red Wolves gave up some big pass plays to Miami but they have allowed 5.1 yppl or less in their other 3 games, including give up just 5.0 yppl at Tennessee. UL Monroe is only averaging 19 points per game and Arkansas State is significantly better defensively than the average defensive rating of the Warhawks’ opponents. My math projects only 262 yards at 4.1 yppl for UL Monroe in this game, which will make it a challenge to top 14 points.

UL Monroe does have a solid defense that’s yielded just 4.7 yppl to teams that would combine to average 4.9 yppl to an average team and that unit does have the edge over an Arkansas State attack that has been 0.6 yppl worse than average. The Redhawks should improve a bit with top running back Michael Gordon returning to the lineup, as Gordon has averaged 6.6 yards per run in his career and was averaging 6.1 ypr on 14 runs this season before missing the last 2 ½ games. Arkansas State certainly isn’t likely to move the ball with ease, as my model projects a modest 391 yards at 5.2 yppl, but the Redhawks should enjoy a significant field position advantage due to UL Monroe’s horrible offense and a big advantage in special teams. Arkansas State is +5.4 yards in kickoff yard line average over their opponents and +2.0 yards in net punting average while UL Monroe is -1.6 yards in kickoff yard line average and has a -8.6 yard net punt differential. That stuff adds up and the extra field position will benefit the Redhawks in this game. Even if special teams are even the projected 129 total yards advantage and +0.7 projected turnover advantage would be enough to cover the spread here. This is a bad line and one of my math model’s favorite games this week. I’ll take Arkansas State in a 3-Star Best Bet at -11 points or less, for 2-Stars up to -13 and for 1-Star at -13 ½ points.

**TEXAS STATE (-14 ½) 41 Idaho 18
Sat Oct-04-2014 at 04:00 PM Pacific Rotation: 398 Over/Under 0.0

Idaho’s foray back to the Sun Belt Conference started with a 10-34 defeat on home territory as a 3 point dog to South Alabama and Idaho is destined to fall again today. The Vandals are horrible on both sides of the ball, rating at 1.0 yards per play worse than average offensively (4.9 yppl against teams that would combine to allow 5.9 yppl to an average team) with a turnover prone freshman quarterback (8 interceptions in 4 games) trying to operate behind a horrible offensive line that’s allowed 4.5 sacks per game. The Texas State defense struggled against Navy and Illinois after dominating Arkansas Pine Bluff (so much that I excluded that game from my model) but the Bobcats played well defensively last week against Tulsa, allowing just 4.5 yards per play to an offense that would average 4.7 yppl at home against an average defensive team. Overall, in 3 games against FBS teams the Texas State defense has been 0.7 yppl worse than average, which is 0.3 yppl better than the Idaho offense, and my model is calling for just 5.1 yppl for the Vandals in this game with another 2 interceptions from freshman quarterback Matt Linehan.

The big advantage for the Bobcats in this game is when they have the ball, as experienced quarterback Tyler Jones is having an efficient season (70.4% completions and just 2 interceptions) while running back Robert Lowe is averaging 6.4 ypr. Those numbers were boosted by the close to 700 yards they racked up in their 65-0 win over Arkansas Pine Bluff and the Bobcats actually have been 0.6 yards per play worse than average offensively against FBS opponents. However, the that attack should work very well against an Idaho defense that has allowed an average of 38 points on 490 yards per game at 7.4 yards per play despite facing 4 below average offensive teams that would combine to average only 4.8 yppl against an average defensive team. Texas State has a better offense than the average of Idaho’s opponents (UL Monroe, W. Michigan, Ohio, and S. Alabama) and my model projects 568 yards at 7.3 yppl for the Bobcats in this game even after adjusting Idaho’s horrible pass defense numbers (9.4 yards per pass play allowed to quarterbacks that would average just 4.9 yppp) by 1.5 yppp to account for the variance in having allowed 17.3 yards per completion so far (a number that is unlikely to be as high going forward).

Idaho started the season with a competitive 31-38 loss as a 12 point dog at UL Monroe, but it turns out ULM is much worse than anticipated and since then the Vandals have lost by an average of 16 points while going 0-3 ATS against 3 other bad teams. Texas State is a bad team too, but the Bobcats have an offense that is good enough to take advantage of a horrible Idaho defense and their defense is better than Idaho’s offense. Texas State should win this game by 3 touchdowns or more and I’ll take Texas State in a 2-Star Best Bet at -17 points or less and as a Strong Opinion at more than 17 points.

**Boise State (-2 ½) 31 NEVADA 20
Sat Oct-04-2014 at 07:30 PM Pacific Rotation: 415 Over/Under 0.0

Boise State is coming off an ugly 14-28 loss at Air Force in which the offense committed 7 turnovers. Nevada, meanwhile, is 3-1 with their only loss being by just 7 points at Arizona and the Wolf Pack have a win over Washington State. It appears as if Nevada is a pretty good team (they’re not) and Boise State’s upset loss to Air Force added to the line value we’re getting for this game. First off, for Boise to lose by only 14 points in a game in which they were -5 in turnovers is actually impressive and it’s certainly unlikely that normally accurate Broncos’ quarterback Grant Hedrick (70.0% completions) will have another multiple turnover game (he threw just 1 interception the previous 3 games). Hedrick won’t even have to throw the ball that often in this game, as Boise State’s Jay Ajayi, who has 557 rushing yards, should have a big game against a soft Nevada run defense that really hasn’t been fully taken advantage of – which his part of the reason the Wolf Pack have performed better than they really are. Nevada had one of the worst run defenses in the nation last season (7.4 yards per rushing play allowed to teams that would combine to average only 5.1 yprp against an average team) and, while the Wolf Pack are improved in that area, they are still bad against the run. This season Nevada has allowed 5.9 yprp to teams that would combine to average just 4.7 yprp against an average team, but they’ve faced teams that don’t really run the ball – with the exception of Arizona, who ran for 231 yards at 6.2 yprp against them. The win over Washington State was not that unexpected (I had a Strong Opinion on Nevada in that game) given that WSU throws the ball 80% of the time and wouldn’t take advantage of Nevada’s bad run defense and last week the Wolf Pack faced a San Jose State team without a rushing threat (the Spartans are 0.8 yprp worse than average). Boise State will absolutely take advantage of Nevada’s porous run defense, just as they did against Colorado State (339 yard at 6.4 yprp) and Louisiana Lafayette (305 yards at 7.1 yprp). My math model projects 6.6 yprp for Boise State in this game and for Hedrick to average a better than average 6.4 yards per pass play against a slightly worse than average Nevada pass defense. That projection is assuming that Broncos’ top receiver Matt Miller can play and would actually be 0.6 yppp worse without Miller, who sprained an ankle last week and was listed as questionable early in the week. Either way, the ground game will dominate Boise’s game plan and it should work really well.

Boise State actually has a bigger advantage with their defense going up against an overrated Nevada offense that is actually 0.9 yards per play worse than average. The Wolf Pack have managed just 5.2 yards per play in 4 games this season against a collection of defensive units that would combine to allow 6.1 yppl to an average team. Nevada’s has averaged more than 5.4 yppl just once and that was the 5.8 yppl that they gained against a horrible Southern Utah defense that would allow 6.9 yppl on the road to an average FBS offense. The best defense that Nevada has faced belongs to Washington State, which is about average on a compensated yards per play basis, and the Wolf Pack averaged only 4.3. yppl in that game. Boise State is 0.6 yppl better than average defensively (5.0 yppl allowed to teams that would combine to average 5.6 yppl against an average team), which is 0.6 yppl better than Washington State and 1.1 yppl better than the average defensive rating of the teams that Nevada has faced. Nevada has averaged only 25 points per game against that schedule of worse than average defensive teams and they are projected to score just 19 points on 298 yards at 4.2 yppl against Boise’s stout defense.

Nevada is projected to get outgained by 177 total yards and their projected +0.7 turnover margin won’t make up for that difference. I’ve been waiting for another chance to go against Nevada with a team that could exploit their bad run defense and Boise’s upset loss last week supplied us with the necessary line value to make this play. I did have some concerns about Boise State’s banged up secondary but their defense has played consistently well regardless of which players are back there and their only worse than average defensive performance was in week 1 when all 4 of their starting defensive backs were playing. There is apparently plenty of depth in the Boise State secondary based on how well they’ve played without most or all of their original starters. I also was going to wait to see if Matt Miller was clear to play but I ran the numbers assuming he’d miss the game and still got Boise State by 9 points if he doesn’t play (and by 12 points if he does play). Either way, there is more than enough line value to make this play and I’ll take Boise State in a 2-Star Best Bet at -3 points or less and for 1-Star all the way up to -6 points.

***AKRON (-23) 43 Eastern Michigan 9
Sat Oct-04-2014 at 11:00 AM Pacific Rotation: 358 Over/Under 49.5
Sometimes teams are so bad that the odds makers can’t make the spread high enough. Eastern Michigan appears to be such a team. Eastern Michigan opened the season with a 31-28 win over Morgan State but the Eagles were favored by 25 ½ points in that game and Morgan State is about 35 points worse than an average FBS team. What followed were 3 losses by a combined score of 17-155. I realize that two of those losses were to good teams Florida and Michigan State and the Eagles did cover in their 3-21 loss at Old Dominion, but that loss should have been worse and the game rating on that Old Dominion game was 29.5 points worse than average. Most alarming about that game is that their offense is so bad that they only scored 3 points against a bad Old Dominion defense. Overall, Eastern Michigan has been outgained by an average of 215 yards at just 3.3 yards per play to 503 yards at 6.9 yppl by 4 teams whose average rating is actually 2 points worse than an average FBS team.

Eastern Michigan’s offense is among the worst I’ve ever seen, averaging just 3.3 yppl against teams that would combine to allow 6.1 yppl against an average team – and their numbers would be even worse if you only used their stats against their opponent’s starting defense. Akron’s defense has been 0.3 yppl better than average, allowing 5.3 yppl to teams that would combine to average 5.6 yppl against an average team, and the Zips’ stop unit is 0.7 yppl better than the average defensive rating of the Eagles’ opponents. Eastern Michigan has only averaged 12 points per game and they’re not likely to reach that low number today against a team that’s allowed just 19.8 points per game and shutout the only other really bad offense they’ve faced (a 41-0 win over Howard, who actually has a higher rated offense than Eastern Michigan). Akron did have one bad defensive game, allowing 48 points to Marshall’s potent attack, but the Zips also allowed an average of just 16.5 points in road games at Penn State and Pittsburgh, so they’ve mostly been very good.

The Akron offense is 0.5 yppl worse than average but the Zips should have pretty good field position most of this game and my model projects 518 total yards at 6.2 yppl for that unit in this game against a horrible Eastern Michigan defense that’s given up 6.9 yppl to teams that would combine to average 5.7 yppl against an average defense team.

I mentioned that there are some teams that are just so bad that they can’t make the number high enough. Well, Eastern Michigan applies to a negative 25-73-1 ATS situation that plays against really bad teams as road dogs of 21 points or more. I won bets going against Eastern Michigan in that angle twice last season – both 39 point losses to Northern Illinois and Toledo. My math model gives Akron a 58.0% chance of covering based solely on the math and the situation applying to Eastern Michigan enhances our chances. Also, teams that allowed more than 60 points and scored fewer than 28 points in their previous game are just 15-41-2 ATS as road underdogs of less than 50 points. I’ll take Akron in a 3-Star Best Bet at -24 points or less, for 2-Stars up to -25 and for 1-Star up to -27 points.

***KANSAS STATE (-12 ½) 43 Texas Tech 20
Sat Oct-04-2014 at 04:00 PM Pacific Rotation: 360 Over/Under 68.0
We have a few things going for us in this game. Not only does Kansas State qualify as a math play at -14 points or less but the Wildcats apply to a very good 95-29 ATS home momentum situation while Texas Tech applies to a very negative 57-127-2 ATS situation. Those are two of my two most reliable angles and the record is 7-1 ATS for the home team when they both apply to the same game. Texas Tech was a in a very good situation last week (a 43-9-1 ATS situation applied to them) and they managed to get the final touchdown to cover in a 35-45 loss at Oklahoma State. An inexperienced defense (just 4 returning starters) continues to be a major problem for Texas Tech, as the Red Raiders have allowed an average of 39 points on 459 total yards at 5.7 yards per play to a schedule of opponents that would combine to average 5.5 yppl against an average defensive team. Those aren’t horrible numbers, but they’re not good by major conference standards and my math model projects 495 yards at 6.3 yppl for a better than average Kansas State offense.

I’ll assume that Texas Tech will have quarterback Davis Webb behind center, as he’s practiced this week in full pads despite a dislocated shoulder in his non-throwing arm. I’ll even assume that the injury will have no ill effects and the Red Raiders’ pass heavy attack rates at 0.6 yards per play better than average with Webb at the controls (6.8 yppl against teams that would allow 6.2 yppl to an average team). This isn’t a perfect matchup for a Kansas State defense that excels as defending the run but the Wildcats have been 1.0 yppl better than average defensively even though opponents tend to throw more against them. My model projects a modest 5.4 yppl for Texas Tech in this game but the Red Raiders will run a lot of plays and are predicted to gain 407 total yards.

Overall, the math model gives Kansas State a 56% chance of covering after factoring in their projected edge in turnovers and far superior special teams, so we have a combination of a math play with two very strong situations that all point towards the Wildcats covering. I’ll take Kansas State in a 3-Star Best Bet at -14 points or less, for 2-Stars up to -16 points and for 1-Star at -16 ½ points.

**Buffalo (+5 ½) 40 BOWLING GREEN 37
Sat Oct-04-2014 at 12:30 PM Pacific Rotation: 355 Over/Under 76.5
These two teams have been all offense and no defense this season with Buffalo averaging 34 points and allowing 34 points per game and Bowling Green averaging 38 points and allowing 44 points per game despite allowing just 7 points in a win over VMI. This game could come down to whichever has the ball last and I certainly don’t mind taking the points with what appears to be the better team based on my ratings. Bowling Green has put up some big offensive numbers (502 yards per game) because the Falcons play at such a fast pace, but they’ve actually been 0.1 yards per play worse than average this season – averaging 6.0 yppl against a schedule of teams that would allow 6.1 yppl to an average team. The offense has been 0.2 yppl worse than average in 4 games since James Knapke took over at quarterback after veteran starter Matt Johnson was lost after just one game. That’s not much of a difference from a yards per play perspective but Johnson was an accurate passer that threw just 7 interceptions in 405 attempts as a starter the last two seasons while Knapke has already thrown 6 picks in 191 passes (3.1%) and that trend appears likely to continue given how many passes opponents have gotten their hands on that haven’t been picked off.

Buffalo has the better attack, as the Bulls have been 0.3 yppl better than average through 5 games, averaging 6.2 yppl against teams that would allow 5.9 yppl to an average team. Veteran quarterback Joe Licata has been consistently good, averaging 7.0 yards per pass play or higher in all 5 games, including against a very good Baylor defense. Licata also isn’t as turnover prone as his counterpart, having thrown just 15 interceptions in 739 career pass attempts (2.0%).

Defensively both teams have been equally bad, as Bowling Green 7.2 yards per play against teams that would combine to average 5.5 yppl against an average team while Buffalo has given up 6.4 yppl to teams that would combine to average 4.9 yppl against an average defense. Both teams aren’t actually as bad as those numbers, as Bowling Green’s stats are skewed by the 10.0 yard per play they gave up to Wisconsin while Buffalo’s stats are skewed by the 8.6 yppl they allowed to Baylor. Buffalo also isn’t going to continue to give up 19.4 yards per completion, which is basically impossible over the course of a season. The Bulls do play a style of defense that limits completions (just 52.0% completions allowed last year and only 49.6% allowed this season) but does allow teams to beat them over the top, allowing 14.6 yards per catch over the 3 years under their current defensive coordinator. Buffalo’s current 19.4 ypc is 6.4 standard deviations away from the national mean of 12.0 ypc and it’s 4.1 standard deviations away from Buffalo’s 3 year average, making it very unlikely (basically a 0% chance of continuing to be that bad) that teams will continue to average 19 yards a catch against them. I decided that it was reasonable to use the 15.6 ypc that Buffalo has allowed since the beginning of last season and making that adjustment would result in the Bulls being 0.9 yppl worse than average defensively. Even suggesting that Buffalo will allow 15.6 ypc going forward is a stretch given that only 5 out of 1225 teams have allowed 15.6 ypc or more over the course of an entire season since 2004 (16.6 ypc is the highest). But, I prefer to be cautious in my adjustments and 15.6 ypc seemed reasonable given Buffalo’s higher than normal ypc under their current coaching staff.

Adjusting for Bowling Green’s variance in rushing yards allowed (due to the 648 rushing yards at 11.4 yards per run they allowed to Wisconsin) would result in the Falcons’ defense being 1.2 yppl worse than average. Buffalo’s defense was 0.2 yppl better than Bowling Green’s defense before adjusting for the variance and they rate at 0.3 yppl better after the adjustments. Not only is Buffalo a bit better than Bowling Green on both offense and defense but I think Buffalo’s defensive style of play will work well against the Falcons’ style of attack. Bowling Green likes to control the ball with a no huddle offense full of short passes and Knapke doesn’t throw deep very often, which is evident in his low 10.4 yards per completion average. Buffalo’s problem is getting beat over the top but the Bulls only allow 50% completions and they should be able to limit Bowling Green’s aerial attack unless Knapke suddenly starts connecting on more deep passes. My model projects 6.8 yppl for Buffalo and 6.7 yppl for Bowling Green and there figures to be a lot of plays run in this game, which should lead to a lot of scoring. While Buffalo has a slight edge in yards per play, even on the road, and in projected turnovers, the Falcons have an advantage in special teams, which has been a problem for the Bulls. However, overall the math model gives Buffalo a 56.3% chance of covering based solely on the math and the chances are enhanced by a 46-108 ATS situation that applies to Bowling Green. I’ll take Buffalo in a 2-Star Best Bet at +4 points or more and for 1-Star down to +3 points.

**WEST VIRGINIA (-26) 51 Kansas 16 - **OVER (54 ½)
Sat Oct-04-2014 at 01:00 PM Pacific Rotation: 336 Over/Under 52.5
The Charlie Weis era is over at Kansas but the Clint Bowen era doesn’t figure to start out any better. West Virginia had a week off last week to lick their wounds after a 33-45 loss to a very good Oklahoma team and the 2-2 Mountaineers will take no team for granted. Playing Kansas will seem like a walk in the park after facing the likes of Alabama (a competitive 23-33 loss), Maryland (a 3 point road win) and Oklahoma. The Mounties’ offense will have an especially easy time of hit today. It’s not that the Kansas defense is bad, since the Jayhawks are actually not much worse than average defensively, but rather that the level of competition will be so much easier for a potent West Virginia attack. The Mountaineers averaged 32 points on 540 yards at 6.3 yards per play in 3 FBS games against 3 very good defensive teams that would combine to allow just 4.7 yppl to an average attack. The Kansas defense has allowed 5.8 yards per play to 4 teams that would combine to average 5.0 yppl against an average defense. I actually rate the Jayhawks’ defense at just 0.4 yppl worse than average since the 10.1 yards per pass play that they allowed in their opener to SE Missouri State is most likely an aberration. However, I do expect West Virginia’s Clint Trickett to average close 10 yards per pass play today, as he’s averaged 8.3 yards per pass play (including sacks) against 4 teams that would allow just 5.6 yppp to an average quarterback. The Kansas defense would allow 6.9 yppp on the road to an average quarterback so it’s certainly not a stretch to project Trickett to average close to 10 yards per pass play given that he’s averaged 8.3 yppp and is facing a team that is 1.3 yppp worse than the FBS teams he’s faced thus far. My math model projects West Virginia to gain 659 total yards in this game (even after adjusting Kansas’ defensive rating), which is not that crazy when you consider they’ve averaged 540 yards against 3 very good defensive teams.

The Kansas offense has averaged just 15.3 points and 5.0 yards per play this season against a slightly worse than average slate of opposing defenses that would allow 5.8 yppl to an average attack and today they face that same level of defense, as West Virginia would also allow 5.8 yppl to an average offensive team. I do expect Kansas to have success running the ball in this game given that West Virginia’s defense weakness is in their run defense (5.8 yards per rushing play allowed to teams that would combine to average 5.4 yprp against an average team). The problem for the Jayhawks is that they’ll have to throw the ball when they get behind and Kansas has averaged just 4.7 yards per pass play this season (against teams that would allow 6.3 yppp to an average team) while West Virginia has been 0.7 yppp better than average defending the pass. Kansas is projected to run for 235 yards but for just 353 yards at 4.6 yards per play. That won’t be enough to keep up with West Virginia’s potent attack.

Overall, the math favors West Virginia by 34 ½ points with a total of 67 points. The math model points toward plays on both West Virginia and the Over and I’ll split the bet into 2-Stars on West Virginia and 2-Stars on the Over. Kansas would probably have to score at least 17 points to cover the spread and they score 17 points or more then the game will likely go over the total since I don’t see how West Virginia will score less than 40 points given that they averaged 37.5 points per game against a schedule of teams that are 0.8 yards per play better defensively than Kansas. I’ll take West Virginia in a 2-Star Best Bet at -28 points or less and I’ll play 2-Stars on the OVER at 58 points or less and for 1-Star up to 59 points. If the line on West Virginia moves higher than 28 points for a no play then add a Star to the Over as long as it still qualifies as a play.

*Georgia State (+17) 30 UL LAFAYETTE 39
Sat Oct-04-2014 at 04:00 PM Pacific Rotation: 365 Over/Under 64.5
UL Lafayette was the overwhelming preseason pick to win the Sun Belt title with 3rd year starting quarterback Terrance Broadway and explosive RB Elijah McGuire returning along with 6 other offensive starters and 9 defensive starters. Thing haven’t gone according to plan for the Ragin’ Cajuns, as the offense has been far from explosive and the defense has been horrible. The loss of big play receiver Jamal Robinson for the last 2 ½ games helps explain part of the offensive woes and Robinson is scheduled to return to action this week. Robinson has averaged 10.3 yards per pass thrown to him since the start of last season and his return projects to an increase of 0.5 yards per pass play, which is about 1 ½ points. However, Broadway has averaged just 5.0 yards per pass play this season (against teams that would allow 6.1 yppp to an average quarterback) and he was 1.2 yppp worse than average in the 1 ½ games in which Robinson was healthy, averaging 6.7 yppp against teams that would allow 7.9 yppp before Robinson was injured. Even though Broadway was no better this season with Robinson than he’s been without him, I’ll assume that to be variance and will project a 0.5 yppp increase for Broadway in this game. That would get Lafayette up to average offensively and the Ragin’ Cajuns should have a very good offensive game against a bad Georgia State defense that’s allowed 6.0 yards per play to a schedule of teams that would combine to average just 4.9 yppl against an average defensive team. My math model projects 505 total yards at 6.9 yppl for UL Lafayette in this game.

However, that isn’t likely to be enough offense to distance themselves from a very capable Georgia State offense that has been slightly better than average this season. The Panthers have averaged 30.3 points on 462 yards at 6.2 yards per play against teams that would combine to allow 6.1 yppl to an average attack, and they’ve scored 31 points or more in their 3 games against bad defensive teams Abilene Christian, New Mexico State, and Air Force. UL Lafayette’s defense is actually worse than the average of those 3 teams, as the Ragin’ Cajuns have surrendered 36 points per game on 471 yards at 6.6 yppl to 4 teams that would average just 5.4 yppl against an average defensive team. Those numbers include the 6 points and 4.0 yppl that they gave up to a horrible Southern offense in their opener and ULL has allowed over 500 total yards in each of their 3 games against FBS teams, including 48 points on 533 yards at 7.8 yppl to a mediocre Louisiana Tech offense. I’ve downgraded Georgia State’s offense due to the injury to leading rusher Kyler Neal, who joins former lead back Krysten Hammon on the sideline. Those two both averaged 5.2 ypr and the rest of the backs have combined for just 3.3 ypr, although against tougher competition since Neal and Hammon got the bulk of the carries against horrible defensive teams Abilene Christian and New Mexico State. It’s doubtful that the new running backs will be as bad as they’ve been, but I’ll assume they will be and that results in a decline of 0.8 yards per rushing play and 0.4 yards per play from Georgia State’s offensive rating. The Panthers are still just 0.3 yppl worse than average while UL Lafayette’s defense is 1.2 yppl worse than average and Georgia State is projected to rack up 467 yards at 6.3 yppl, which should get them around 30 points even if they continue to struggle in special teams (which costs them field position).

My math favors UL Lafayette by just 12 ½ points and the Ragin’ Cajuns apply to a negative 18-55 ATS first conference game angle that adds to Georgia State’s chances of covering. The Panthers have also proven to be a pesky underdogs, as evidenced by their perfect 8-0 ATS mark as a dog of more than 14 points since joining the FBS ranks last season. I’ll take Georgia State in a 1-Star Best Bet at +17 points or more.

Tokens
Andre Ramirez

3 Karat Play - Mississippi State (ML)

Today we are laying the money on Mississippi St Moneyline for today’s winner. The Mississippi St Bulldogs are 8-1 ATS, and have been Red Hot. After the team ended a 14-game series losing streak against LSU with a 34-29 road victory two weeks ago. The Bulldogs beat the Tigers in that game as seven-point road underdogs to improve to 8-1 against the spread in their last nine overall.

This game will come down to quarterback play, and the Bulldogs have the more experienced signal caller in junior Dak Prescott, who played in last year’s game. Prescott has been the key to Mississippi State’s season so far, especially at LSU, where he threw for 268 yards and two touchdowns and ran for 105 yards and another score.

According to my algorithms I have Mississippi St. winning 27-14, 28-16, and 24-21. The numbers are good for your free winner. Lay the money on Mississippi St ML, and get paid. Thank You

Tokens
GMC CFB Selections
331 Pittsburgh +6
346 northwestern +8.5
359 texas tech +14.5
416 nevada +3.5

Tokens
Northcoat Big Dogs

Northcoast Big Dogs:
May be the only set of selections worth consideration anymore. Reminder: 1/2 Unit ATS & 1/2 Unit on the ML:
Northwestern +8
Colorado +7.5
UL-Monroe +11
New Mexico St. +17.5
Idaho +17.5
Texas +17
N Carolina St. +14.5
UAB +9.5

Last edited:
Tokens
Prediction Machine

372 7:00 PM LSU @ AUBURN 56 65.5 Over 61.8
352 7:30 PM SC @ KTY 55 63.2 Over 60.4
356 3:30 PM BUFF @ BGSU 77 88.2 Over 59.2
378 12:00 FLA @ TENN 55 48.3 Under 59.2
386 12:00 TEXA&M @ MISSST 67.5 75.9 Over 59.0
316 4:00 PM VANDY @ UGA 57.5 50.6 Under 59.0
306 7:00 PM UCF @ HOU 53 44.5 Under 58.8
384 3:30 PM ALA @ MISS 51 57.3 Over 58.8
364 3:00 PM TULSA @ COLOST 62 75.2 Over 58.6
376 3:30 PM OKLA @ TCU 56.5 47.6 Under 58.5
400 7:00 PM MICH @ RUT 47 53.1 Over 58.5
362 7:00 PM HAWAII @ RICE 54 61.2 Over 58.4
354 12:00 BALLST @ ARMY 52.5 61.6 Over 58.4
416 10:30 BOISE @ NEVADA 50.5 61.0 Over 58.1
398 7:00 PM IDAHO @ TXST 66.5 76.4 Over 57.9
332 7:30 PM PITT @ UVA 47 39.7 Under 57.7
342 12:30 VATECH @ UNC 64.5 54.6 Under 57.7
392 12:00 SOUMIS @ MIDDTN 60.5 53.5 Under 57.6
374 3:30 PM NAVY @ AF 54.5 63.9 Over 57.1
402 3:30 PM NM @ UTSA 54.5 60.9 Over 57.0
312 10:00 SDSU @ FRES 57 66.8 Over 57.0

below 55-57% totals

324 12:00 PURDUE @ ILL 58 52.8 Under 56.7
410 8:00 PM NEB @ MSU 58 52.4 Under 56.6
336 4:00 PM KANSAS @ WVU 54.5 61.2 Over 56.0
334 3:30 PM OHIO @ CENTMI 45.5 41.8 Under 55.9
366 7:00 PM GAST @ UL-LAF 65 72.0 Over 55.8
318 3:30 PM WAKE @ FLAST 54.5 48.2 Under 55.7
344 5:00 PM KENTST @ NIU 59 54.1 Under 55.5
390 7:00 PM UTEP @ LATECH 60 65.2 Over 55.5
340 12:00 MARSH @ ODU 76 69.8 Under 55.5
346 3:30 PM WISC @ NW 48.5 44.9 Under 55.5
412 8:00 PM GASO @ NMST 61 67.3 Over 55.4
322 2:30 PM NORTX @ IND 61.5 57.2 Under 55.0
338 7:00 PM TOLEDO @ WESTMI 68 73.0 Over 54.9
320 7:30 PM MIA-FL @ GATECH 56.5 51.0 Under 54.9
406 3:30 PM NCSU @ CLEM 67.5 61.0 Under 54.8

top side plays. Rice is the LOCK o' the WEEK

362 7:00 PM @ RICE HAWAII -6.5 12.9 58.8
334 3:30 PM @ CENTMI OHIO -4 9.4 58.6
370 7:30 PM @ USC ARIST -11.5 18.9 58.5
409 8:00 PM NEB @ MSU 8 -2.7 57.9
329 7:00 PM MEM Upset Watch @ CIN 5 4.2 57.3

Tokens
BEN BURNS

VERY EARLY NCAAF SAT. Breakfast Club!
Old Dominion

All Early 3-Game NCAAF TV Pass!
Northwestern
TCU
Texas

*MAJOR BLOWOUT* NCAAF Blue Marlin *Special!
Georgia

10* NCAAF Sat. Personal Favorite!
Auburn

Tokens
SportsLocksmith

NCAAF 10/4:
Chairmans Play:

Colorado State -18 -110 6* (GAME OF THE YEAR IN NCAAF)
(Game starts at 3:00 PM Eastern Saturday 10/4)

Tokens
River City Sharps

Really like the situation we have on Saturday as the Tulsa Golden Hurricane hit the road to challenge the improving Colorado State Rams. Tulsa enters this game at 1-3 on the season and off a heartbreaking OT loss to Texas State. Their season has also featured a 29-point drubbing at Florida Atlantic and now have to travel to Colorado State and the altitude in Fort Collins. The Rams traveled to Boston last week and got a nice 24-21 win at Boston College. The story for Tulsa has been their complete inability to stop anyone, surrendering 42.5 ppg and over 505 ypg, while only getting 25 ppg from their offense. The Rams are averaging 49 ppg at home and have one of the nation’s more prolific offenses. QB Garrett Grayson has been terrific for Colorado State with 10 TD’s to just 4 INT’s, while Tulsa QB Dane Evans has been really prone to the turnover. This number opened up at -14 and has been bet up to the Rams -18…even with that said, they still fall well within our “go range” as we have the Rams in a big way in this spot. Also consider that this is a revenge spot for Colorado State, who lost 30-27 to Tulsa last year after giving up the final 13 points of the game. Tulsa is 0-7 ATS in non-conference games over the last two seasons while Colorado State is 8-1 ATS in that same time frame. The Rams are also 3-1 ATS against Tulsa in their last four contests. The Rams have really improved on both sides of the ball and this is a really bad spot for Tulsa on Saturday. Colorado State absolutely rolls the Golden Hurricane. The Sharps say…

3 UNITS – COLORADO STATE -18

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arshman4757
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com