Oklahoma Sooners 2015 - an overview in the making (please jump in)

Search

Tokens
I think that OU made a big improvement at OC by replacing Josh Heupel with ex-ECU OC Lincoln Riley. In fact Heupel was co-OC and the other OC, Jay Norvell moved on to Texas. Heupel is headed to Utah State. I see an advantage in having one OC.

Most ardent OU fans blame Heupel for the loss to Kansas St as he called for a short sideline pass that K St intercepted and literally walked the 5 yards into the end zone. Most everyone remembers Bob Stoop’s decision to re-punt in the Okie St game that resulted in a TD return. Yes coaching was lacking last year and any improvements in those departments can make a big difference come next season.

Take a look at Riley’s resume and the fact the he spent 7 seasons coaching under Mike Leach at Texas Tech stands out. At Tech his first opportunity came as the interim coordinator for the 2010 win over Mich St in the Alamo bowl. In that game the Red Raiders compiled 579 total yards which was the most in the program’s history since 1995. I like the fact that he has 7 years of Big 12 experience under his belt. This is not a big jump in that sense. I see him as ready, willing, and able.

At ECU his offenses broke all kinds of records and he is reported to be a good recruiter also. I will be attending the spring finale game this Saturday. I am very interested to see if anything jumps out although I do expect to see a lot of plain vanilla. He is known for an up tempo offense and I anxious to see how that works out.

If the team can adapt to his offense it could pay dividends. Also the Big 12 DC’s who had grown accustomed to Heupel have to adapt themselves to the new tempo etc. Riley is only 31 and is already a proven entity. I can see him stepping into his new role and being very successful. We shall see.

I hope Go Sooners will join in along with other Okies and together we can dot some i's and cross some t's. BOL

Tokens
Last year Mike Stoops served as DC and also coached the DB’s. They did not do well to say the least. So OU has another DB coach this season, one who is top of the line, proven, and experienced. As a player at Iowa , Kerry Cooks was a 4 year letterman, two year starter, was a captain, and was all Big 10 his senior year. He bounced around the NFL from 1998 thru 2001. He then retired and got into coaching.

Cooks spent the last 5 years at Notre Dame. Among his years as an asst coach he spent 2003 at Kansas St so he has some Big 12 experience. The Fighting Irish went to bowl in each of his 5 seasons at Notre Dame. Cooks is every bit as good of an addition to the OU coaching staff as Lincoln Riley.

I think the miscall by Bob Stoops in the Oklahoma St game (boo boo of the year in my book) was an indication that OU need to make some changes. Making changes for the sake of change is one thing. However, I see the coaching changes at both OC and DC as a chance for Bob Stoops to change his team around in a positive manner.

Too often the general sports public judges teams by their players. Players can sometimes be of such a caliber that they can make their coaches look better than they actually are. The same works the other way, sometimes coaches can make players look better than they actually are. Whereas it is hard to say it is all going to come together in their first year as asst coaches, Riley and Cooks it is naïve to think they cannot have an immediate impact. I know for a fact that Mike Stoops was a complete failure as the DB coach and the players performances were affected by their attitudes and their lack of confidence in him as a DB coach.

Both of these assistant coaches have a track record of maximizing the performances of the players they have coached. So if their track records hold true I do look for OU to improve as the season progresses and as the players adjust to the new systems. My only hope is that Mike Stoops will be “hands off” and let Cooks do his thing.

Tokens
OU also has a new DL coach, Diron Reynolds, who has coached in the NFL and spent last season as Asst Line Coach at Stanford. OU also has a new Outside Recievers Coach, Dennis Simmons, who worked with with new OC Lincoln Riley at Texas Tech and then again at ECU back in the 2010 season. So that is a plus that most people are not aware of.

Last season Stanford ranked #3 in the nation in total defense. Diron Reynolds was a big reason for that success. He will be great addition to the OU staff. He and new DB coach Cooks will allow Mike Stoops to do what he does best, concentrate on an overall defensive game plan. He can now focus on that and let his assistants do their thing.

Both Reynolds and Simmons have Master’s degrees.

Tokens
Lincoln Riley will be a big upgrade at OC. The O should look quite different.

Tokens
Lincoln Riley will be a big upgrade at OC. The O should look quite different.

I agree. In fact I think all the changes are good ones. When you get a HC who is entrenched like Stoops, who is a very loyal guy, it is hard to do what he did in making so many changes. Should be good for the short run and the long run both.

Tokens
Riley will be a great upgrade at oc...

Tokens
Cooks is unlikely to help anywhere but the recruiting trail.....which is huge. I seen enough of him at ND and glad to see him go

Tokens
Guess I'm one of the few not sold on the Riley train...my take is the approach is not Oklahoma and certainly not Stoops.

Stoops trying to be Baylor is a big mistake in my opinion. Maybe I'm wrong.....don't think so.

Tokens
Guess I'm one of the few not sold on the Riley train...my take is the approach is not Oklahoma and certainly not Stoops.

Stoops trying to be Baylor is a big mistake in my opinion. Maybe I'm wrong.....don't think so.
You could be right Clover. I'll have more to say later on OU, but their problem won't be offense, it will continue to be defense. I do think and hope that Riley starts Baker Mayfield at QB. The kid has some sick talent. He can move just as well as Knight, but he's a much better passer. Don't be surprised if he's on the Heisman watch list after the first month of the season. He'll see a lot of time on the field because OU will most likely be in a lot of shootouts.

Tokens
You could be right Clover. I'll have more to say later on OU, but their problem won't be offense, it will continue to be defense. I do think and hope that Riley starts Baker Mayfield at QB. The kid has some sick talent. He can move just as well as Knight, but he's a much better passer. Don't be surprised if he's on the Heisman watch list after the first month of the season. He'll see a lot of time on the field because OU will most likely be in a lot of shootouts.

It should be Mayfield at QB. As far as defense goes I think that may be where those coaching changes will or will not make the difference. I think they will be ok at LB but the DB's were the Achilles heel last season. Improvement in that area is needed big time. Mike Stoops made some stupid changes in the Defense last season. He needs to settle back into his role as an asst coach and forget he was ever a HC. He needs to let those new coaches do their things.

loomis: I remember saying the same thing about Brent Venables when he was basically forced out at OU. He got his revenge against OU last year however. I was never a Venables fan but he done well at Clemson since leaving OU. Sometimes a change works both ways.

Tokens
Sooner Report: "We're Back!"

March 23, 2015

[h=2]Sooners Retake the Field[/h]Oklahoma’s offensive players sported black jerseys instead of their traditional crimson-colored practice uniforms. The defense wore black shorts and socks. The entire team also wore black undershirts with a white OU log and the simple message OUNITED. The speakers were pulsating with AC/DC’s classic anthem, “Back in Black,” as the Sooners retook the practice field on Monday at the University of Oklahoma.
“It signifies their (the team’s) strong message that they want to send, really across the country,” head coach Bob Stoops indicated after practice. “They realize that this isn’t just an issue on our campus. They know from talking to their friends across the country that there are different incidents. Hopefully it (racism) can be stopped. It’s just their way of putting it in peoples’ minds. I think they’ve done a really good job of it.”
Stoops indicated that the Sooners will be in full pads for Wednesday’s practice and are scheduled to conduct a practice of approximately 60 plays on Saturday. The head coach indicated that the team will likely add a Saturday practice to the schedule on April 4 and could potentially add another practice after the OU Spring Game on April 11.
[h=2]Cooks Among New Coaches Making Debuts on Owen Field[/h]Under gorgeous conditions on Monday, the Sooners conducted the team portion of practice on Owen Field, marking the first opportunity for several new members of the coaching staff to make their debuts on that sacred turf.
One of those new Sooners was defensive backs coach, Kerry Cooks, one of several respected coaching veterans added to the Oklahoma staff. The Sooners just may have the perfect coaching recipe in the secondary with Kerry Cooks, who owns a litany of pupils who have gone on to play in the NFL ranks.
“This time right now we get a lot more between meetings and on the field,” said Stoops of Cooks’ ability to work with his new defensive backs. “He’s doing a great job with them.”
Cooks, who arrived from Notre Dame, has gained credibility quickly with his players as a former All-Big Ten safety at Iowa. He brings in diverse perspective after being part of teams that earned bowl berths at Minnesota, Wisconsin and Notre Dame. In total, Cooks has coached in 10 bowl games (five straight at Notre Dame), including the 2012 BCS National Championship, for which he served as the Fighting Irish’s co-defensive coordinator.
Cooks himself played in four bowl games with the Hawkeyes. His experience has also translated into great success for his players. Five of his DBs at Notre Dame were NFL Draft picks: Harrison Smith (1st round in 2012-Minnesota), Robert Blanton (5th round in 2012 – Minnesota), Jamoris Slaughter (6th round in 2013 – Cleveland), Zeke Motta (7th round in 2013 – Atlanta), and Bennett Jackson (6th round in 2014 – N.Y. Giants).
“I’m excited that Kerry will be working with all those safeties that are now a year older, and they’ll be a year better,” Stoops added.
Cooks’ defensive resume is sound. Notre Dame consistently boasted one of the nation’s best pass defenses under Cooks’ tutelage. The Fighting Irish were tied for 15th amongst FBS teams, forcing 16 interceptions in 2014. In 2013, his Notre Dame defense ranked 15th in pass defense (198.2 ypg). And in 2012, they tied for sixth for touchdown passes allowed (11), holding offenses to 199.8 passing yards per game, a figure that ranked 25th in the nation.
Cooks’ philosophies will be a wonder to see with the talented secondary that OU touts in players like Zack Sanchez who was a consensus All-Big 12 First Team choice last season after he tied for first in conference and ninth amongst FBS schools with six interceptions.
“He brings a lot of energy and a lot of professionalism,” said Sanchez of his new position coach. “That’s his big thing-‘We have to be professional about everything we do on and off the field.’ So I think that’s going to help us with football and along with life just being a young man and growing every day.”
Steven Parker also looks to make great strides under Cooks’ tutelage after a strong freshman campaign. His 31 tackles and six pass breakups earned him All-Big 12 Honorable Mention as the Defensive Freshman of the Year from the coaches.
“He is very passionate about our skillset and he’s a technician,” said Parker of Cooks. “We’re just trying to get back to the old ‘DB-U’ concept. We’re all just trying to fight for a spot.”
With a slew of young incoming secondary-talent that Stoops considers one of the best classes he’s seen, Cooks will have his hands full.
“Kerry’s an excellent coach and I anticipate them making really good improvement,” Stoops said.

Tokens
Over the next two weeks, we'll be evaluating who the 10 best players are on every Big 12 roster this spring.
Again, these lists won't include junior college or freshman signees who have yet to arrive on campus. We're only looking at players currently with their teams this spring. These rankings are sure to change, but here's our best assessment for the moment. We continue with the Oklahoma Sooners:
1. LB Eric Striker: The senior linebacker can do it all but really excels as a pass-rusher off the edge. He’s started every game (26 starts) for the Sooners in the past two seasons, recording 15.5 sacks and 27.5 tackles for loss. Striker should be the centerpiece of OU’s defense this fall.

Sterling Shepard shined for the Sooners before a November injury ended his season.AP Images/Sue Ogrocki2. WR Sterling Shepard: Few Big 12 receivers could match Shepard’s contributions when he was healthy in 2014. He had five games with 100 receiving yards or more and five games with at least one touchdown in the seven games before his Nov. 1 injury against Iowa State. The Sooners' passing game fell apart without its top target. A healthy Shepard could fight for All-America honors.
3. HB Samaje Perine: The sophomore running back is every defensive back’s nightmare, combining power and speed to earn All-Big 12 first-team honors in 2014. Perine averaged 6.5 yards per carry while rushing for 1,713 yards and 21 touchdowns. New offensive coordinator Lincoln Riley will make it a point to get the ball in the hands of the Big 12’s most productive running back.
4. CB Zack Sanchez: The junior’s competitive nature helps separate him from the pack. Sanchez earned All-Big 12 honors while intercepting six passes with 14 passes defensed during his sophomore campaign. Sanchez will be an anchor in the Sooners' secondary this fall.
5. LB Dominique Alexander: The junior had at least seven tackles in 10 of OU’s 13 games in 2014 while earning second-team All-Big 12 honors from the AP. Alexander led the Sooners with 107 tackles while adding 1.5 sacks and six tackles for loss. The 2015 season should be the best we’ve seen from Alexander with two seasons of experience as a starter heading into the fall. He’s instinctive and athletic.
6. G Nila Kasitati: The senior should be a core member of the Sooners' offensive line after starting 12 games and earning All-Big 12 honorable mention honors in 2014. With OU losing several starters along its offensive front, Kasitati will be even more important in 2015, particularly with his nasty streak setting a tone up front.
7. DE Charles Tapper: He’s coming off an underwhelming junior season after earning All-Big 12 performance as a sophomore in 2013. Tapper’s sacks, tackles for loss and total tackles dropped in 2014 but he has the talent to be a dominant force in OU’s defense during his final season.
8. LB Jordan Evans: Overshadowed by Alexander, Evans was very productive alongside his running mate and fellow junior. Evans finished second on the squad with 93 tackles and headed into the offseason with a goal of gaining weight and getting stronger to handle the demands of playing inside linebacker. He should be even better in 2015.
9. C Ty Darlington: The anchor of OU’s offensive line and one of two returning starters, Darlington will need to solidify himself as a leader on the Sooners' offense, particularly in Riley’s uptempo system. His veteran presence should help whoever wins the starting quarterback spot.
10. RB/KR Alex Ross: He has a proven ability to make big plays with touchdowns as a rusher and kick returner in 2014. Ross’ kick returns against Texas and West Virginia played a critical role in those wins and he flashed his game-breaking ability on offense as well. He has talented ball carriers -- Joe Mixon, Rodney Anderson -- poised to take away some of his opportunities but his proven ability to make big plays should not be overlooked.

Tokens
Oklahoma football: Quarterback Baker Mayfield chats with media for first time since last year's spring game

by Ryan Aber Published: April 6, 2015

NORMAN — Last season, Baker Mayfield tried to stay as involved as possible.
He was as involved as he could be in practices — mostly serving as the scout-team quarterback — and tried to stay as much in the middle of things as he could in games.

That was easy when the Sooners were at home. It required a bit of creativity when Oklahoma was on the road.
Because he had to sit out last season as a transfer, Mayfield couldn’t travel with the team.
But there he was — in Fort Worth and Lubbock (where he transferred from to go to OU) and Orlando — at team functions and on the sidelines.
“That was my way of trying to stay positive and be in the game and not trying to stay on the outside,” Mayfield said Monday in his first comments to reporters since last year’s spring game. “I was trying to get in the front of it, to be in the middle of it so now that I’m in the middle of it, I’ve been with the guys and I’ve been around them for so long.”
He is right in the middle of it this spring as one of four quarterbacks in the thick of the battle for the starting job in the fall.
Mayfield — and the others — will have a chance to show off in Saturday’s 2 p.m. spring game.
Mayfield’s teammates have done plenty of talking for him during the past year.
The Texas Tech transfer hadn’t spoken publicly since after last year’s spring game.
That changed Monday when Mayfield spoke to reporters following practice.
He didn’t show much of the outsized personality his teammates have spoken of, but he couldn’t keep it completely in check either.
“I mean, it’s the person you’ve got to be sometimes,” Mayfield said with a laugh when asked why he was keeping things buttoned up.
His calm, straight-laced outward demeanor cracked a bit when he was asked about his trip to Lubbock last year to be with the Sooners while they faced Texas Tech.
“It was a warm welcoming back home,” Mayfield said with a laugh. “It was weird. I saw a lot of people that I knew and I enjoyed seeing my friends. The fans weren’t great sports but…”
Mayfield trailed off for a bit before saying the reaction he received in Lubbock was a bit worse than he expected.
“It was ill-advised on a lot of accounts,” Mayfield said. “But I was going to see my boys play, and I wanted to be there with them so that’s why I went.”
When Lincoln Riley was hired as the Sooners’ offensive coordinator, Mayfield was thrilled.
“It’s pretty much the same thing,” Mayfield said when asked to compare the offense he ran at Texas Tech to Riley’s Air Raid.

“I had to refresh my mind a little bit,” Mayfield said. “But it wasn’t too difficult for me.”While Mayfield calls back to his Texas Tech experience, he’s also eager to prove how much he’s grown as a football player since starting seven games with the Red Raiders, throwing for 2,315 yards and 12 touchdowns.
“I won some games, but there is stuff my freshman year that I could have been way better at,” Mayfield said. “It could have been a lot better when I was playing. I’m still trying to improve turnovers and stuff like that.”
Mayfield doesn’t expect the nine interceptions he threw at Texas Tech to be a recurring problem with the Sooners.
“I forced a lot of things as a young quarterback at Tech and playing as a freshman ... just trying to force it to playmakers,” he said. “I’ve got to realize I have people that are running the shorter routes that they’re going to make plays, too.
“I mean you drop it off to a guy like Joe Mixon or Samaje (Perine), they’re going to pick up a lot of yards.”
Mayfield came to Norman in the wake of Trevor Knight’s outstanding performance in the Sugar Bowl and before Blake Bell switched positions or Kendal Thompson transferred to Utah.
Playing time seemed like a pipe dream at the time, but Mayfield wasn’t about a let a chance to play for Oklahoma slip away.
He grew up an OU fan near Austin, Texas, though the Sooners didn’t show much interest
“That’s where my heart always wanted to go,” Mayfield said. “I wanted to go to TCU out of high school but that was just because OU never gave me a look and TCU did.
“I’ve been around the program since I was about 4 years old. So I just kind of grew up a Sooner.”
Mayfield will be a junior this season because of a Big 12 rule that mandates a lost year of eligibility after transferring inside the conference.
But he said he maintains some hope — citing other conferences that have changed rules in recent years — that he’ll have that year restored after a nearly season-long fight for immediate eligibility last season.
“I’m looking at it positively just like I was with the first NCAA appeal,” Mayfield said. “They just made a thing that you could possibly get that extra year of eligibility after you transfer so I’m looking at it positively.”

Tokens
I have always believed that Boise St for years had the right idea about recruiting. They always recruited to needs and were never distracted by how an individual may or may not have been ranked by a recruiting ranking service. Did OU recruit to needs. Let’s take a look.

They definitely need kicker. They got one in Austin Seibert. Espn ranked him as the nation’s #1 kicker.
He kicked a 70 yarder in practice and kicked a 66 yarder to win a competition. Seibert replaces Michael Hunnicut who is the school’s all time leading scorer but struggled last season. Seibert can do it all, field goals, kickoffs, punting.

In additon to Seibert the Sooners landed 21 high school recruits and 3 Jr college transfers. Stoope’s was quoted as saying “we got players we needed at every position.” The cream of the crop will most likely be LB Ricky Deberry whi was ranked as a 5 star.

Rivals ranked Oklahoma #14 for 2015

The Sooners struggled in the 3-4 alignment last year. Including new recruits the Sooners now have 11 scholarship LB’s. In addition Stoops referred to his DB recruits as “probably the best secondary class that I’ve been a part of signing.” All of those DB’s are 6’ or taller. Together LB’s and secondary usually make up most if not all of their special teams so this could be an area of improvement also. What would really help there is a kicker who can put it in the end zone consistently on kickoffs and it sounds like that could be a possibility also.

The Sooner’s did not sign a new QB but that is not an area of concern at this point and time as the competition for that position is at a high level. In addition their RB situation is top of the line and OC Riley has said he would run it 70 times if that is what it took to win.

So did the Sooner’s sign everyone they went after…nope. But Stoop’s did remark that the Sooners are really right where they need to be at every position “and that doesn’t always happen”.

Tokens
It should be Mayfield at QB. As far as defense goes I think that may be where those coaching changes will or will not make the difference. I think they will be ok at LB but the DB's were the Achilles heel last season. Improvement in that area is needed big time. Mike Stoops made some stupid changes in the Defense last season. He needs to settle back into his role as an asst coach and forget he was ever a HC. He needs to let those new coaches do their things.

loomis: I remember saying the same thing about Brent Venables when he was basically forced out at OU. He got his revenge against OU last year however. I was never a Venables fan but he done well at Clemson since leaving OU. Sometimes a change works both ways.
The ironic thing is OU could be starting a former walk on QB at Texas Tech being coached by a former walk on QB at Texas Tech. And we'll have an MVP of the Sugar Bowl sitting on the bench. I think Riley is pretty good at evaluating talent and tweaking his offense to that talent. When he's had good running backs, his pass/rush ratio has been more even than for example what he had last year at ECU. So it may not be as much of an outright Texas Tech-like barrage of passing as people think. Like I said, I'm not quite as worried about the offense. Usually when a team is scared straight by being shut down in their bowl game like OU was vs Clemson, it leads to some positive changes. TCU went through the same thing 2 years ago when they went 4-8 with one of the most dreadful offenses in the country. And Riley has more talent to work with than Meachum does.

The defense is another story. Personally I think Mike Stoops is lost and out of the loop. First he starts with a 4-3 defense, then goes to a 3-4 with terrible results. Now he's back to a 4-3. So what's it going to be Mike? This reminds me of all of the changes Mack Brown tried to make at UT to find the right formula. Getting rid of coaches, bringing new ones in. I just don't think Stoops is the coach everybody thought he was. When you think about it, he really hasn't had a really good defensive team in the last 10 years after leaving OU. One of the problems we had last year that is thankfully gone is Bobby Jack Wright. He was a terrible defensive coach who stayed about 10 years too long. Our secondary has been awful under him. I can remember when he also coached the DL. It was also awful back then. But when they switched him back to the secondary the line miraculously improved. So you get the idea. Plus his Texas HS contacts had dried up, which didn't help our recruiting. Really, the thing that I've been hearing from some people in the loop when it comes to OU recruiting is all of the bad stuff started the 2011-12 DB recruiting classes. Those two classes started in motion the whole downhill fall. The two classes before Mike Stoops came back were not good. Trying to recruit 5'9 DB's with bad grades and bad redshiritng isn't a recipe for success. Any way you look at it, it was just a terrible way to manage the roster. And the Sooners paid the price after Venables left..

Then Stoops has the brilliant idea of going to the 3-4 where they had undersized LB's trying to play the safety position. And Striker and Grissom moving back in coverage instead of doing what they do best, rushing the passer. Then there was that game plan against Baylor where the BJW had the safeties give the Baylor WR's a wide cushion. Basically what OU did that game is tell them "we'll give you the first seven yards." But you can't have the big play. Turrible, just turrible. That had to be the low point of OU football. I really haven't seen coaching that bad from ANY team in a long time. I guess the recruiting was a little better from this 2014 class. But it could take a while to see the results, and that's only if Stoops & company sticks to their guns. The good news is the D has nowhere to go but up. So we'll probably see some improvement. But how much depends on what kind of pressure it has coming from our offense. My guess is right now OU will be showing more of a Baylor offense this season than a Texas Tech type of offense. So the run ratio should be a little higher with the talent we have at RB. But the progress of the OL will also play a big part in what they do. It's a tough call on this team. One thing you won't be able to call the Sooners this year is overrated. They'll probably be picked at least 3rd in the Big 12 behind Baylor and TCU. Which is a good thing imo. OU never has done well when the expectations were high.

Tokens

Knight threw for 14 TDS and had 12 INT's. The Sooner's ranked #85 in passing. Mayfield could and should be the difference. They do have depth at that position should an injury occur along the way. Last year Knight through that int against Kansas St and the one against TCU both of which cost them the ball games. Everyone relates back to the bowl game against Alabama and some even thought he could be a Heisman candidate. We both knew better than that. I think Mayfield would have started last year had he been eligible but it may have been best that he did sit out when all is said and done. He and Riley should be in synch and he is capable of doing better than the 14/12 that Knight posted that is for sure.

Tokens
Knight threw for 14 TDS and had 12 INT's. The Sooner's ranked #85 in passing. Mayfield could and should be the difference. They do have depth at that position should an injury occur along the way. Last year Knight through that int against Kansas St and the one against TCU both of which cost them the ball games. Everyone relates back to the bowl game against Alabama and some even thought he could be a Heisman candidate. We both knew better than that. I think Mayfield would have started last year had he been eligible but it may have been best that he did sit out when all is said and done. He and Riley should be in synch and he is capable of doing better than the 14/12 that Knight posted that is for sure.
If they had made Mayfield eligible last year I believe OU would have beaten both TCU and Kansas State and gone 10-2 instead of 8-4. He is a difference maker and people will find this out in a hurry if he starts. They say he was phenomenal in the spring last year, and looked much better than Knight in every phase of the game. It's pretty much the same story this year. Right now OU's offense is way ahead of the defense and pretty much having their way with them. But I expect things to tighten up come summer practices..

Tokens
GS: The defense could and should improve at the DB posiition and it sucked last year. I think if they improve at that position it will take some of the pressure off of the other defensive positions. Hope it doesn't rain this saturday. I think they should move the game time up to noon myself.

Banned
Tokens
You two must be in love with this third place team, because that is all they are. Mayfield on the Heisman Watch? He would not be on the field at Ohio State or USC, much less a Heisman Watch candidate. Get real here. Look at the defenses he plays against. Non-existant.

You guys also forget the biggest problem that Bob Stoops has. That is Bob Stoops. There are no excuses for a 5 loss OU team. None. Stoops has not been the same HC since USC handed him his tail in the '04 BCS Championship. I will be suprised if OU finishes higher than 3rd in the Big 12, which is nowhere near the Pac 12 or SEC when it comes to talent. TCU has a much better overall team than OU. Baylor probably has enough on offense to defeat OU. Games at K-State and Okie State will be big tests, as will the non-con game at up and coming Tennessee. That may be the best game of Week 3. The loser is out of the Championship picture. The winner gets a huge boost for the rest of the season.

Tokens
Big commit from Kendall. Wish Tennessee kept him but the kid from Jersey fits the UT offense better. Kendall is the best drop back passer in this class imo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
byen17188
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com