The early look as the way i see it in mlb 2015

Search

Tokens
I always wait a week before i get into my plays for baseball season,but i like to post the way i see it for the 2015 mlb season.this is just a brief outlook on the league so we all know things will change as the season gets into full swing.

AL EAST

BALTIMORE ORIOLES-to me the outfield looks a bit weak except for adam jones,and if somebody is not working out its not hard to replace him with a guy off the bench.

the infield looks in better shape as with chris davis at 1st and machado at 3rd those corner spots are secure.at 2nd base there is j schoop which im not familiar with and j.j. hardy will control SS when he comes off the DL shortly.ryan flaherty is a good utility player that can fill in just about anywhere.

wieters will handle the catching duties but he also is on the DL and will be back soon..

pitching,looks to be just fine as they have nice starters and a decent bullpen with britton as their closer.

ORIOLES may have a slow start as they wait for the key players on the DL to join the team but then they will be a complete team and in contention for the division once again.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BOSTON RED SOX-bostons outfield looks pretty good and with lots of depth out there.

INFIELD-just about the same as last season except the panda from SF has joined them and will manage the hot corner.

CATCHER-this is not a strong point for them as hannigan will probably get the starting job and base stealers may have a field day against him.

PITCHING-the starting 5 look solid for them as the bullpen looks good also.uhera the closer will be on the DL also to start the season but he should return soon also.

BOSTON looks to be a top contender in the division and if no key injuries pop up they can make a run at the world series.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEW YORK YANKEES-their outfield looks suspect at the moment as ellsbury will have to stay healthy out of the 3 of them as beltran being up there in age has shown to be declining and gardner in LF is just your so-so everyday player.

INFIELD-Texeria is back from injury at 1st base but we will have to keep a good eye on him as the last couple years has been cut short due to injuries.S.drew and B.ryan should battle for 2nd base and then D.gregorios at SS and chase headley at 3rd base.how much and what alex rodriguez does will remain to be seen but i expect a DH and split time at 3rd base as headley not the rangey player he used to be.

CATCHER-McCANN will handle the duties behind the plate but he also is key to stay healthy for them.

PITCHING-Tanaka is the ace here,and then you have pineda coming back from injury then c.c.sabithia also back from a injury with Eovaldi which they picked up in the offseason and capuano rounding out the staff.Nova who is a big part of this staff is not expected back until sometime in june,so there's a lot of concern here on the starters.Bullpen i really don't see a true closer and this could be the weakest part of the team from what i see,so there are a lot of if's about the pitching staff.

health is going to be the answer to how far the yankees can go and i myself don't feel comfortable about them and believe they will not be in the race for the division this year.

TAMPA BAY RAYS-the outfield is suspect to say the least.im not at all thrilled about this position at all.

INFIELD-this looks to be the solid part of the team and once again it will depend on how healthy longoria can stay.

CATCHER-Rivera will handle the duties behind the plate and he should be just fine.

PITCHING-Archer is the top dog here,with cobb,smyle,odorizzi,and kams behind him but smyle already is starting off the season on the DL.Balfour is the closer but the question is how many chances is he going to get if the staff and early relief don't get the job done.

I'M not seeing the rays doing anything this season.they should suffer all year and they also lost their manager joe maddon to the cubs.

TORONTO BLUE JAYS-this outfield is also one of those so-so groups.Bautista moves over to RF with Saunders in left and Pompey in CF.I'm not familiar with Pompey so ill have to keep an eye on him early on.

INFIELD-THE infield looks pretty good with reyes back at SS,J.Smoak at 1st,donaldson at 3rd and D travis at 2nd base.

PITCHING-this could very well be a sore spot for them,they have hutchinson,dickey,norris,and father time Buehrle,and A.sanchez.lots of question marks here id say.CEICIL manages the closer spot and the rest of the pen is decent enough to get by.

I see the jays hanging around for a while but then fading off as the season goes on.

1.BOSTON,2.BALTIMORE,3.YANKEES,4.TORONTO,5.TAMPA BAY
AL CENTRAL

THEY SAY THAT THIS IS THE TOUGHEST DIVISION IN BASEBALL RIGHT NOW BUT ID HAVE TO QUESTION THAT.

CHICAGO WHITE SOX-THE OUTFIELD IS SET UP WITH GOOD SPEED AND DECENT ARMS,SO NOT A ISSUE OUT HERE.

INFIELD-ramirez at SS,Abreu at 1st,M.johnson at 2nd,and Gillaspie at 3rd.this also should be a formidable group.

CATCHER-flowers and soto will share the duties here and both handle the position well.

PITCHING-Sale is the ace(starting season on DL)samardzija follows him,then quintana,danks,and nosi.the bullpen closer will be robertson and a decent set up crew in front of him.

The white sox can have some issues if the starters don't pan out and if the young infielders fail to live up to expectations so lets ?? these guys for at least a month to really see what they got.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CLEVELAND INDIANS-very nice outfield with decent depth,so no problems here.

INFIELD-this looks to be the strong point of the team

CATCHERS-this spot is well in tact also so lets just move on

PITCHERS-SP don't exactly look like a strong point for them,but i see them surprising most people.the bullpen looks decent as Allen is their closer.

The Indians can hit the ball and score some runs thats for sure,so if the pitching rises to the top they will give the tigers a run for the division

DETROIT TIGERS-THE outfield is good but not in the spectacular range.

INFIELD-this looks like the strong part of the team and should carry them.

CATCHER-another spot that they look just fine at.

PITCHING-SP looks to be strong,but verlander might not start the season on time,but he is not the ace anymore either.the bullpen is led by closerJ.nathan,and the rest of the pen are your everyday grit and grind relievers.

tigers look again like the team to beat here and like i said i like cleveland to give them a run for their money.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KC ROYALS-outfield has tons of speed again and good arme just like last season.

INFIELD-no changes in the infield at all from last year so they should lead the way for the team.

CATCHER-no problems here either so you can feel safe the plate will be covered.

PITCHING-starters look to be in good shape even though they lost a couple but also filled them spots nicely.Bullpen is led by holland as the closer and the rest are just about the same group that shut teams down last year.

Royals will be in the hunt once again as they filled in their open spots nicely,they once again have a nice hitting team and great fielders.

MINNESOTA TWINS-the outfield looks weak here as tori hunter is the only guy to mention here.

INFIELD-no real standouts here,just a bunch of guys that know how to play baseball,lets just hope they don't get frustrated with some other part of the team and throw them off their game.

CATCHER-suzuki handles the duties here and he is a good one.

PITCHING-SP is just so-so here as there is really no ace on the staff.so their going to have to do it together to make it work.Perkins is the closer and a good one but the rest of the pen is real iffy if you ask me.

I don't see the twins going anywhere this season but if they do it will be because of their speed on the bases and being successful by hitting and running in key situations.

AL WEST-

HOUSTON ASTROS-The outfield is made up with a bunch of young talent and love the game.

INFIELD-this group is just like the OF,good group of guys and play with a ton of range getting after the baseball.

CATCHER-pretty young at this position but learning the job fairly well.

PITCHING-Good group of starters here even though they lost a couple.the bullpen has gregerson as the closer and have a nice bunch of guys getting it done in front of him.

The astros just keep improving each year and i don't see that changing this year either.they have a bunch of young hungry guys on this team who love the game,so they will be exciting again so enjoy when you get a chance to watch them.
LA ANGELS-THE OUTFIELD LOOKS GOOD ESPECIALLY NOW THAT IT LOOKS LIKE HAMILTON WON'T FACE ANY SUSPENSION,AND THEY HAVE NICE DEPTH THERE ANYWAY.

INFIELD-the infield looks good again even though they lost kendricks as they have this young guy stepping in who is supposed to be pretty good,so we shall see.

CATCHER-Iannetta still controls the duties here but not much behind him so he will have to stay healthy.

PITCHING-starting pitching is strong here for them as they are deep at this position,and in the pen street still controls the closer role with a nice set of pitchers in front of him.

ANGELS will be a top contender once again so you better come to play when facing them.I don't see anyone challenging them for their division at all except maybe the mariners but thats it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OAKLAND A's-well the outfield was looking good until crisp got hurt and will miss about 2 months they say,so if they can hold on til he gets back they will have dodged a bullet.

INFIELD-they will have mostly new guys here as they traded a few away in the offseason ,so the newcomers will have to really step up if they want to be respectable.

CATCHER-looks like vogt will be the guy here as i see them thin at this position.not really sure how good vogt is so we'll have to wait and see.

PITCHING-here is another position that has been shook up by trades as they only have GRAY AND KAZMIR returning and then its the newcomers.the closer role will either be shared by doolittle/clippard or one of them will be given the job until they are unsuccessful.the rest of the pen is a question mark so it can be a long season for the A's this year.

OAKLAND is going to be a middle of the pack team i believe,but remember 2 years ago we all said that and they surprised us big time,so who knows with this team as they are known for making people shake their heads.
SEATTLE MARINERS-outfield is young and fast with no real household names but i see them really getting the job done here.

INFIELD-no worries here as the infield looks intact and they do have some depth there also so they should be fine here.

PITCHING-FELIX THE CAT leads this staff once again and is just one hell of a pitcher.he has a bunch of nice arms behind him also so look for them to be challenging LA for the division.

SEATTLE made a few offseason moves to try and keep up with the ANGELS and i believe they have done that,so don't be surprised of their success if everything clicks this season
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TEXAS RANGERS-this outfield is suspect to say the least as there are no real big names like in the past out there.there may be several different lineups to see who actually clicks together to make it a steady everyday group.

INFIELD-the infield looks to be the strong point of the team,so lets hope they stay healthy and no mess that up.

CATCHER-anyone's guess here as to who will be the everyday catcher as 3 guys will be trying to land this job.

PITCHING-as if nothing else needed to go wrong they lose darvish for the season before it even gets underway.so the newcomers and the leftovers are going to really have to step up here if they are going to have a half decent season.In the pen,feliz is still the closer,but after him its not real good looking.maybe some will surprise and work out and that would be the best case for them to have happen.

TEXAS,is not a team im expecting much from.they have a mix of good young players but i don't think its going to all come together for a couple years.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will try and put together the national leag

Tokens
NATIONAL LEAGUE OUTLOOK

NL EAST

ATLANTA BRAVES-They still have some good players in the outfield but i believe they lost some speed out there.i'm assuming they will be fine but time will tell.

INFIELD-couple new faces in the infield,at 2nd and 3rd base but they should be fine with who they have all around the infield.

CATCHER-I see this as a weak spot for them and its important to have a good guy behind the plate,so we will have to see how it pans out.

PITCHING-starting pitching is not as strong as we are used to seeing on the braves.don't get me wrong ,they still have some arms but i think the pen is going to get more work than usual.

BULLPEN-with the trade of kimbrell the closer role looks scary to say the least.I don't really see much to choose from to get that role but my guess would be johnson,unless the braves know something we don't this can be costly.

bottom line here is,i see atlanta struggling this season.just to many question marks and maybe too many holes to fill.
MIAMI MARLINS-THE outfield should be one of their strong points on the field this season.good speed and good arms can make a manager comfortable.

INFIELD-the infield looks okay also,but i see concerns at 1st base as they are showing morse as the starter.i don't ever remember seeing him play there and i could be wrong but i expect them to maybe look to someone else to play there.

CATCHER-no worries here as they look fine at catcher

PITCHING-starting pitching is just fine here and when they get fernandez off the DL it will only get better.

BULLPEN-they have some good arms in the pen so i see no problems here,they should be good to go.

the marlins have some nice young talent and have shown they can play some nice baseball.with the moves they made i see them giving it a good shot chasing washington for the division.
NY METS-the met's have decent players out therein the outfield but id say not the greatest of arms.they may get by someday's but on others it can cost them.

INFIELD-the infield is just okay to me,wright at 3rd is good,murphy at 2nd looks good,but duda at 1st is so-so and i believe they will use flores at SS and id just like to see better players at that position.

CATCHER-can only say one thing here,its a weak spot,unless im missing somebody.

PITCHING-SP looks good and especially if harvey comes back solid from injury.if thats the case they do have a nice staff in order.

BULLPEN-they have a decent closer in mejia,then just a bunch of guys that get it done someday's and not some other days.something i guess they will have to live with.

mets have improved a bit but i don't think its enough to get them in line for a playoff spot.just don't take them for granted though cause they will sneak up on people this season.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PHILA.PHILLIES-the outfield is suspect as no real household names.just an avg.bunch of players out there.

INFIELD-infield is not much better,utley is up in age,howard i still think is worthless,and 2nd and 3rd base are just avg.players.

CATCHER-this is a solid position for them as ruiz is a good guy behind the plate and also a decent hitter.

PITCHING-They are going to struggle here.LEE is out and who know if and when he will be back,HAMELS is the big gun on the staff and he just may be moving on somewhere else by the all star break,which don't leave much left.

BULLPEN-not the most talented pen and with all the extra work they may get,its possible they will run out of gas later on in the season.

let's face it,the phillies are going nowhere fast,..no factor what so ever
WASHINGTON NAT'S-the outfield will be just so-so til they get span and werth back from the DL,but they should be good after that.

INFIELD-they look pretty good around the bases and i see no worries at all here.

CATCHER-RAMOS,is solid behind the plate as hitting and his defense is good.

PITCHING-this is a very strong position for them.they are loaded here and if it goes as you think it should then forget about it,just maybe a breese.

BULLPEN-no holes here either so it may be tough to muster up runs against this team.

the NAT'S have all the tools here and barring any injuries they should be the team to beat this season.
NL CENTRAL

CHICAGO CUBS-they will possess a good outfield here as they have good speed and nice arms out there.

INFIELD-most of the infield looks good with the only question at 3rd base.not really sure who is starting there but it looks like a weak spot for them.

CATCHER-their pretty much set here as i foresee not problems unless a major injury arises.

PITCHING-not a bad looking staff,with lester as the ace,and hammels,arrieta,behind him and then 2 others to fill it out.

BULLPEN-have a good closer and the rest of the pen is looking pretty decent.

the cubs have always shown that they can hit the ball so now with some good pitching they just might give the teams in the central a run for their money,don't under estimate this club,you just may be surprised.
CINCINNATI REDS-nice outfield with hamilton in center,byrd in left and bruce in right,not to hard to take that.

INFIELD-not much of a difference from a year ago,so they should be just fine here.

CATCHER-couple good catchers here so they are not hurting at this position.

PITCHING-cueto and leake are the leaders of this staff but after losing part of the staff from last year they just might be a little soft after the 2 big guns starts.

BULLPEN-only one thing to know here,yes chapman is back and that spells trouble for every team.the rest of the pen is very close to last season.

the reds didn't make all that many offseason moves and with a few question marks i see them being close to where they ended last season and thats not to good.
MILW. BREWERS-we can make this teams review quick,outfield,infield,catcher exactly the same as last season.the pitching is also just about the same as last year.

BULLPEN-going to be a question mark as they didn't bode well last season as they faltered late after that big start they had ,so i don't see that happening again with the huge start and i don't see any difference in the pen improving.

MILW.looks like they are going to have to out score their opponents this year so expect some high scoring games with them.middle of the pack at best for them in the improved central.
PITTSBURGH PIRATES-the pirates have a very good outfield,speed,arms,etc.now if polanco is over his 1st year jitters and takes the game in stride they could have the best outfield in baseball.

INFIELD-for the last 3 years they have had 3 positions that were solid and now its still the same as alvarez has been moved to first base to see if its any better for him.if he can't solidify himself there then he may be saying goodbye to pittsburgh.

CATCHER-they may not have a russell martin but cervalli and stewart are decent enough to get the job done.

PITCHERS-with burnett back in pitt,they really have a good staff.cole has shown he can pitch in the big leagues,liriano can be nasty when on his game,locke has showed to be a reliable pitcher,and worley just came out of nowhere back to his form when with the phillies.with all this they still have charlie morton who will be in the pen when he comes off the DL.

BULLPEN-they are still strong in the pen again even though they let a couple pitchers go in the offseason.

after two straight trips to the post season the pirates now believe they are ready to challenge for it all.the team has been together for a few years now and only got better by doing that so its now time to show if it pays off.a lot of baseball people are saying the same thing about this team so they must be seeing progress in a positive way and i am to.
ST LOUIS CARDINALS-they still have a decent outfield as usual.i do think that having heyward has made a bit of a dropoff as i don't think he is a good defensive player.

INFIELD-Everything is still good on the infield but they did lose a couple utility guys that were really important to them and that may have an effect on them this year.

CATCHER-one if not the best catcher in the game is back behind the plate in molina,and yes he is a good one.

PITCHING-the starting staff is still just about all together again except for joe kelly who they traded away so don't think that they are hurting in this dept.

BULLPEN-for once the pen looks like it could be their weakness.just not the same set of guys that knew their roles and did them fine.so with a couple gone and now having replacements there they just might not mesh together too soon.

look for the cards and the pirates to be fighting for the division once again and remember those cubbies i talked about,well they will be lurking also but most likely fall short of both teams for the division.
NL WEST

ARIZONA D'BACKS-just an avg.outfield but not a bad one at all.only issue may be lacking some speed,but they look sound otherwise.

INFIELD-not a bad infield but one to keep an eye on as they are young and newer players.

CATCHER-here is another position with a big question mark.don't really know who will man the seat behind the plate and thats never a good sign.

PITCHING-starting pitchers don't appear to be one of their strong points.they weren't last season either so it may get ugly again in the desert.

BULLPEN-looks like a good group of guys,but if the starters don't get the job done then they will be overworked like some other teams i mentioned with the same problem

arizona is a nice looking young team but against the better competition i don't see them faring well.in time they will reach that level but they are not there right now.
COLORADO ROCKIES-their outfield consists of your basic everyday outfielders,no all stars just players that get the job done.

INFIELD-the only position i feel safe with is at SS with tulowitzki as the rest are all suspect.who knows,they just might turn out to be real surprising.

CATCHER-another team with a big question mark at catcher,its a wait and see who preforms the best.

PITCHING-starting pitching is not exactly a strong point of colorado either.the one thing you need is at least a couple real good starters and they don't have that.

BULLPEN-another bullpen that figures to get a lot of work and as said before thats never a good thing

i don't see colorado doing much at all this year,as there are too many question marks on this team
LA DODGERS-THEY are loaded in the outfield,all are good and have decent depth.

INFIELD-infield is the same way,good talent and good depth behind them.nice problem to have right,lol

CATCHER-they have a decent catcher and the backup im not sure of,so i guess it would help if he stayed healthy.

PITCHING-really nice staff here and they still need to pick out a fifth starter from who's left,wow not bad to have this to deal with.

BULLPEN-they have a nice group of relievers and they will be waiting for their jansen closer to come off the DL in about another week or so.

LA looks powerful once again as they did last year,but they went nowhere,so sometimes too much top talent is not good for a team and it don't work out.well we have another year to test the waters and it just so happens to be the same team as last season.
SAN DIEGO PADRES-offseason has been good to the padres as they have formed a good looking outfield.

INFIELD-plentyof talent here to and also some nice depth to back them up.another part of the good offseason deals made.

CATCHER-no problems here either as they were set from last season.

PITCHING-just another position built in the offseason through deals/trades made.nobody ever seen this coming from the padres as once they started making moves they just kept going on to the next one.

BULLPEN-and here is the one they squeezed in right before the season began as they traded for closer kimbrell from the braves.haha,just had to have another trick up their sleeve,and all he does is join a bullpen that was all ready in nice form.

so,believe it or not,the padres have now become a contender in the west.who would have ever seen this coming.everybody thought at last years end they were just unloading players and here it was the begining of building a team for the 2015 season
SF GIANTS-well even with pence out 6-8 weeks the giants still have a good outfield.pagan will man center,blanco in right,and aoki in left.not a bad outfield with one of your best not there yet.

INFIELD-the only change on the infield is McGehee at 3rd in place of sandoval who went to boston.

CATCHER-posey sits back here again and still one of the best aat the position.

PITCHING-what a problem here,...yea right,all they have is the starting 5 back from last season,bumgarner,volgelsong,hudson,lincecum,and peavy,....wow how is this even possible.

BULLPEN-not a bad pen either,but now castilla gets the closer role and romo gets the setup role and a good group to go along with them.

hard to count out the championship team that won it the year before and still has the same team in tact,..are you kidding me,..i'll tell you one thing,its going to be a lot of fun watching LA,SD,AND SF all fighting for the division in the west......get ready to have some fun as this year just might be one to remember.

Tokens
Please forgive me for some of my wording and writing as my health situation with my memory loss and to go along with some other problems that have just entered the picture as my pain in my cervical spine area and neck and shoulders have increased in pain really bad.today i went to a pain management clinic thinking i was going to get some relief yet to find out they just set me up for a more recent mri for next week to see why it got so bad and what they can do for it if anything at all.

Handicapper
Tokens
thanks for the input... hope u feel better.. u killed it in cfootball !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jb52197
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com