Forum: Political Forum - Spirited Political comedy. All serious political and World Event posting is also to be posted in this forum.

Thread: Freddie Gray's death ruled a homicide, criminal charges to be filed

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
  1. #1 Freddie Gray's death ruled a homicide, criminal charges to be filed 
    Baltimore’s state attorney Marilyn Mosby announced Friday that the death of 25-year-old Freddie Gray has been ruled a homicide, and criminal charges will be filed against the officers.

The officers “illegally arrested Mr. Gray,” Mosby added.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/0...#ixzz3YtoGCPNz

I've seen elsewhere that 1 police officer will be charged with murder and 2 others with manslaughter.

Banned
    Illegally arrested? His rap sheet was posted here in another thread....wasn't he being picked up for some outstanding warrant on one of those charges?

Im betting Freddie Gray has ruined more lives, broke up more families and possibly killed more people then those police officers have combined.

Look at his rap sheet and how many times he was caught selling drugs, then think of the times he also wasn't caught.

I think Karma had, had enough of him, and said it was time for him to pay up. He obviously wasn't going to change, and he made no effort to try and better himself.
    2014 NFL 51-33-1 62.35%
    2013 NFL 61-34 64.21% Finished 6th place in the LVH Supercontest

• Arrest warrant issued for all 6 officers who detained and drove Freddie Gray
    • One officer charged with second-degree murder, manslaughter and assault
    • Three other officers charged with manslaughter and assault
    • Remaining two charged with assault and false imprisonment
    • State prosecutor Marilyn Mosby said they did not see Gray's legal blade until after he was arrested
    • She slammed the officers for placing him on his stomach on the van floor

FREDDIE GRAY: THE CHARGES

Officer Caesar R. Goodson Jr
    1. Second degree depraved heart murder. Maximum sentence: 30 years
    2. Manslaughter (involuntary). Ten years.
    3. Assault / second degree. Ten years.
    4. Manslaughter by vehicle (gross negligence). Ten years.
    5. Manslaughter by vehicle (criminal negligence). Three years.
    6. Misconduct in office. At court's discretion.
    Officer William G. Porter
    1. Manslaughter (involuntary. Ten years.
    2. Assault / second degree. Ten years.
    3. Misconduct in office. At court's discretion.
    Lt Brian W. Rice
    1. Manslaughter (involuntary). Ten years.
    3. Assault / second degree. Ten years.
    4. Misconduct in office. At court's discretion.
    5. Misconduct in office. At court's discretion.
    6. False imprisonment. At court's discretion.
    Officer Edward M. Nero
    1. Assault / second degree. Ten years.
    5. False imprisonment. At court's discretion.
    Officer Garret E. Miller
    1. Assault / second degree. Ten years.
    5. False imprisonment. At court's discretion.
    Sgt Alicia D. White
    1. Manslaughter (involuntary). Ten years.

Breaking News: MikeB not running for president scottcarter's Avatar
    white people are going to burn down the city

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NFLTrends View Post
    Im betting Freddie Gray has ruined more lives, broke up more families and possibly killed more people then those police officers have combined.

Look at his rap sheet and how many times he was caught selling drugs, then think of the times he also wasn't caught.

I think Karma had, had enough of him, and said it was time for him to pay up. He obviously wasn't going to change, and he made no effort to try and better himself.
    I think it's dangerous to have a mind set that " oh well he was a piece of shit so he deserved to be killed". We can't judge murder based on what kind of individual the person was.

Pretty clear the guy was a scum criminal but as annoying as our criminal justice system can be....we have to go with it.

RX Deplorable
    Politically motivated prosecution trying to calm the storm.

Quote Originally Posted by vitterd View Post
    I think it's dangerous to have a mind set that " oh well he was a piece of shit so he deserved to be killed". We can't judge murder based on what kind of individual the person was.

Pretty clear the guy was a scum criminal but as annoying as our criminal justice system can be....we have to go with it.
    Very few people deserve to die (Child molesters and child rapist those who commit murder), and Im not saying he deserved to die. He just let a reckless lifestyle, Hurt countless people, and brought down his own community and the very people who want justice for him. As I said, with his lifestyle, he was going to end up murdered/killed before he died of natural causes.

Karma is a bitch, but someone needs to be held responsible. I cant see the homicide charges sticking... but I can see the lower cases of manslaughter doing these cops in.
    2014 NFL 51-33-1 62.35%
    2013 NFL 61-34 64.21% Finished 6th place in the LVH Supercontest

Very few people deserve to die (Child molesters and child rapist those who commit murder), and Im not saying he deserved to die. He just let a reckless lifestyle, Hurt countless people, and brought down his own community and the very people who want justice for him. As I said, with his lifestyle, he was going to end up murdered/killed before he died of natural causes.

Karma is a bitch, but someone needs to be held responsible. I cant see the homicide charges sticking... but I can see the lower cases of manslaughter doing these cops in.
    This kid had no chance from the start. Take a look at what having damaging levels of lead in your blood can do to people.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheriff Joe View Post
    Politically motivated prosecution trying to calm the storm.
    I see your political preferences are leading you to ignore facts and evidence. Standard operating procedure.

Life's a bitch, then you die! Dave007inVegas's Avatar
    For those of you who are rooting for the 6 police officers to be convicted, you better hope that Marilyn Mosby is one hell of a lot more competent than Stephanie Rawlings-Blake.

RX Deplorable
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Toboggan View Post
    I see your political preferences are leading you to ignore facts and evidence. Standard operating procedure.
    What facts and evidence?

Do you mean the billions in damage the thugs caused to an already decimated community?

Baltimore is 60% black
    Baltimore has a black mayor
    Presumably, the majority of officers in Baltimore are black
    Everyone involved, from top in bottom, is DEMOCRAT.

I find it extremely difficult to believe that ALL FIVE COPS are/were "bad cops", no matter what race they are.

Who told the Mayor to order the police to stand down? It was reported that Valerie Jarrett was in constant communication with local authorities from the beginning.

First Ferguson and now Baltimore - the sudden escalated war on police STINKS to high heaven.

RX SemiGod
    Quote Originally Posted by vitterd View Post
    Illegally arrested? His rap sheet was posted here in another thread....wasn't he being picked up for some outstanding warrant on one of those charges?
    Probably didnt have the same chances the cop had.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
    Probably didnt have the same chances the cop had.
    Is this gonna be another thread where you try to claim Bill Gates kid and Hector Rodriguez have the same chances in life? You really wanna take another beating with that again?

On the matter of the Gray arrest: he was arrested because the officers saw an "illegal knife" (Gray was arrested and charged with carrying a switchblade knife) The knife was not illegal so that was what prompted the Prosecutor to say it was an "illegal arrest"

Before all of you decide to lynch these 6 police officers, keep in mind Darren Wilson.

Over kill by Marilyn Mosby may come back to bite her in her ass.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave007inVegas View Post
    Before all of you decide to lynch these 6 police officers, keep in mind Darren Wilson.

Be honest Dave....these cops could have been wearing white sheets and carrying torches while causing the death of a black man and you would say let's not jump to conclusion. Now go play in traffic you fool.

RX Deplorable

Don't forget, President Operation Fast and Furious is still in charge.

RX Local
    This is going to be an interesting trial. I think, from an outsider, this is going to be really hard to prove however a guy is dead, and there has to be a reason.

I'm looking forward to the trial.

RX Local
    Quote Originally Posted by Acebb View Post
    On the matter of the Gray arrest: he was arrested because the officers saw an "illegal knife" (Gray was arrested and charged with carrying a switchblade knife) The knife was not illegal so that was what prompted the Prosecutor to say it was an "illegal arrest"
    But he ran right ACEBB? That is a crime in itself no?

RX SemiGod
    The upcoming rioting is gonna make the LA riots look like frolicking - from a cursory look at the evidence the state is gonna fail to get a conviction on most charges - in addition to charging 6 people seems absurd - it will be about 8 months when they start reading non guilty verdicts and the blacks are gonna go fucken ape shit - when I heard of the charges I thought for sure one of the officers was gonna be a state witness

Quote Originally Posted by Sheriff Joe View Post
    Don't forget, President Operation Fast and Furious is still in charge.
    He’ll be out of office by the time this gets adjudicated.

The justice system grinds slowly. Over kill and rush to judgment has already begun.

But accusing and proving are two different things.

The list of charges against these officers is like throwing shit at a wall hoping some of it sticks.

Right now Marilyn Mosby is getting her 15 minutes of fame.

There is a lot of hard work in her future but at least she has the Reverend Al at her side and he certainly has a track record of backing the right horse.

Circus Maximus is not just reserved for the Romans.

"I contemplate believing in karma because those on top can just break and wont be eating tomorrow"

His past means nothing because he was on the way to jail to serve his wrong doing. People like freddie grey pay for what they do.....the whole point of this thing is that police do not pay for what they do. They get paid vacation for killing someone. If not for these ongoing protests the police would have turned a blind eye and there would not have been six cops charged for the death of one person.

I think people got it very twisted on here. So according to your thinking.....if someone did bad shit in the past, the cops can kill you? Lmao. Come on bro you are better than that

RX Deplorable
    He’ll be out of office by the time this gets adjudicated.

The justice system grinds slowly. Over kill and rush to judgment has already begun.

But accusing and proving are two different things.

The list of charges against these officers is like throwing shit at a wall hoping some of it sticks.

Right now Marilyn Mosby is getting her 15 minutes of fame.

There is a lot of hard work in her future but at least she has the Reverend Al at her side and he certainly has a track record of backing the right horse.

Circus Maximus is not just reserved for the Romans.
    Law Professor: Baltimore Officers Were Overcharged, Charges Will Likely Be Dismissed

Charges filed against the six Baltimore police officers for their involvement in the death of Freddie Grey will be dismissed, a George Washington University law professor predicted in an interview with The Daily Caller.

John Banzhaf, who teaches public interest law, says that the charges announced by Baltimore state’s attorney Marilyn Mosby on Friday “go too far.”

“I think a prosecutor is going to have a hard time proving that the actions did in fact cause death, since they seem to have no theory as to how it occurred,” Banzhaf said in a phone interview.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/05/01/law-professor-baltimore-officers-were-overcharged-charges-will-likely-be-dismissed/
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There you go, Dave... more riots, next time nationwide. It will be as if Republicans grew a spine and impeached "born in Kenya" Obama.

After they burn their communities down again, they'll advance to lib areas because they're unarmed and pussies - and burn/loot them too. When they get to Normal American areas, the problem will be solved decisively.

In the meantime, enjoy the show. Not like anyone can do squat anyway. This was predicted for decades and now it's here.

No one should be surprised.