Cnotes Sports Page For Saturday July 11th Best Bets-Trends-News !

Search

Tokens
Preview: White Sox (40-44) at Cubs (46-39)
Game: 2
Venue: Wrigley Field
Date: July 11, 2015 4:05 PM EDT

Chris Sale fell short of a strikeout streak record in his last start but had no problem settling for a victory.

The Chicago White Sox have had a lot of those recently, and they'll look for another Saturday when they send their ace to the mound in a marquee pitching matchup against Jon Lester and the Chicago Cubs.

Playing for the last-place White Sox (40-44) has kept Sale's win total relatively low, but a case can easily be made he's the toughest pitcher to face in the AL. The left-hander is tied for second in strikeouts (147) and leads the league in opponent batting average (.205) and WHIP (0.94).

Sale (7-4, 2.80 ERA) was unable to become the first pitcher to strike out 10-plus hitters in nine straight games Monday against Toronto, instead settling for a six-hitter with six strikeouts in a 4-2 win.

He shares the major league record with Pedro Martinez, who fanned at least 10 in eight consecutive games in 1999.

'I'll take this outcome over that any day,' Sale said. 'I mean, it's one of those things, it's cool, it's fine. But we won the game, and I'm not gonna pout at all.'

Monday's outing marked the seventh time in eight starts Sale allowed two runs or fewer, posting a 1.62 ERA with 93 strikeouts over 61 innings during that span.

He's been equally dominant in nine starts against the NL, going 4-0 with a 1.97 ERA, but this will be his first start against the Cubs after two relief appearances in 2011.

While the White Sox still bring up the rear in the Central, they're surging toward the All-Star break. Carlos Rodon grinded through six innings and pinch-hitter J.B. Shuck delivered a sacrifice fly in the eighth, lifting the White Sox to a 1-0 victory in Friday's series opener.

The South Siders won for the eighth time in 10 games, a span in which they have a 1.91 ERA with the rotation providing eight quality starts.

"Right now, we've put ourselves in a spot where we have to play this way," manager Robin Ventura told MLB's official website. "I don't know if it could be desperate, but you realize the position you put yourself in. ... Every out counts. All that stuff you hear, that might be clichés, it's the truth of where we put ourselves."

The pitching has needed to be outstanding because the offense has averaged 2.9 runs in that 10-game span while hitting .186 with runners in scoring position.

Jose Abreu had one of the team's five hits Friday and has hit safely in 12 straight games. He's 3 for 6 against Lester (4-7, 3.48), who has gone nine starts since his last victory May 16.

The left-hander has a 1.72 ERA in his past five starts but has received a meager two runs of support in those games, resulting in an 0-2 record.

Lester was in complete control Monday against St. Louis, taking a no-hitter into his seventh and final inning before allowing two unearned runs and striking out eight in a 6-0 loss.

'I had pretty good command of everything,' Lester said.

He is 3-0 with a 1.57 ERA in past three starts against the White Sox, all coming with Boston.

The Cubs (46-39) hit into five double plays - four in the first four innings - Friday and have split the first eight games on this 10-game homestand. They were limited to three hits but failed to capitalize on seven walks.

Sale will be the second of three left-handers the Cubs will face in this series. They are 9-5 against lefties this season.

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
White Sox at Cubs
Fri, Jul 10 Final 1 to 0
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
White Sox at Cubs
Sat, Jul 11 - 4:05PM EDT

GAME 3
White Sox at Cubs
Sun, Jul 12 - 2:20PM EDT

Tokens
Preview: Reds (38-45) at Marlins (36-50)
Game: 3
Venue: Fenway Park
Date: July 11, 2015 4:10 PM EDT

Though the Cincinnati Reds are assured of their worst pre-All Star break record in eight years, they're showing life more recently behind dominant pitching.

They're hoping rookie Raisel Iglesias can rise to the occasion and continue that trend when they visit the Miami Marlins on Saturday.

Even if the Reds (39-45) sweep the rest of this series, they'll finish with their fewest wins before the All-Star break since 2007 when they were 38-45. They've won three of four while allowing four runs and 16 hits, however, and held Miami to four hits in Friday's 1-0 victory. Mike Leake struck out 10 over eight innings, giving the club its fourth quality start in five games.

Anthony DeSclafani was responsible for the only non-quality start in that span and this would have been his next turn in the rotation, but he has been scratched because of a strained gluteal muscle. It's not expected to keep him out past the All-Star break, manager Bryan Price told MLB's official website.

That provides an opportunity for Iglesias (1-1, 5.11 ERA), who hasn't pitched in the majors in more than a month due to a strained oblique. He was hammered in his last start, giving up five runs and nine hits over 5 2-3 innings in Cincinnati's 8-5 win over Washington on May 30.

He has allowed two runs in 7 2-3 innings over two starts for Triple-A Louisville since June 30.

"We've been looking forward to getting Iglesias back here," Price said. "We think he's a big leaguer, and a guy that's gonna benefit greatly from being in the rotation and pitching at the big league level. We see him as part of this ballclub moving forward, and these are valuable innings for him."

Jay Bruce homered and doubled Friday and continues to rack up extra bases, recording 11 doubles, four home runs and a triple for a .650 slugging percentage over his last 21 games. He was slugging .389 prior to that stretch.

"It was a hole that I had to dig myself out of, and there's still a lot of work to do," he said. "I'm still not even close to where I want to be."

For Iglesias, he won't exactly be facing murderers' row in the feebly hitting Marlins (36-51), who have been held below four runs in seven straight games and 14 times in the last 17. They struck out 13 times Friday, including a season-worst three by Dee Gordon, who is 5 for 31 (.161) over his last eight games. Miami is fanning once every 4.1 plate appearances over its last 13 contests.

The Marlins are also holding back their initially scheduled starter, with Mat Latos missing his chance to face the Reds for the first time since they traded him in December for DeSclafani and catcher Chad Wallach. Latos injured his right foot Thursday when he was hit by Christian Yelich's foul ball.

Adam Conley will take Latos' place for his first career start. He pitched a perfect inning of relief at Toronto in his major league debut June 10 before being sent back to Triple-A New Orleans the next day. The left-hander is 8-2 with a 2.33 ERA in 16 minor league games this year, including 15 starts.

He was credited with a two-hitter Sunday against Iowa in a game that was called after seven innings due to rain.

The Reds are 9-12 this year against left-handed starters.

Cincinnati's Marlon Byrd is 20 for 57 (.351) during a 13-game hitting streak.

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Reds at Marlins
Thu, Jul 9 Final 0 to 2
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Reds at Marlins
Fri, Jul 10 Final 1 to 0
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 3
Reds at Marlins
Sat, Jul 11 - 4:10PM EDT

GAME 4
Reds at Marlins
Sun, Jul 12 - 1:10PM EDT

Tokens
Preview: Astros (49-39) at Rays (43-45)
Venue: Tropicana Field

Dallas Keuchel has one more chance to prove he's worthy of starting for the AL in next week's All-Star Game.

He'll do so while trying to win a fourth consecutive start and help the visiting Houston Astros avoid a fifth straight defeat Saturday against the Tampa Bay Rays.

Looking to become the AL's first 12-game winner, Keuchel (11-3, 2.14 ERA) has the lowest ERA in that league, thrown more innings (130 1-3) than anybody in the majors and ranks among baseball's leaders in WHIP (0.99). The left-hander also received 381 All-Star votes from his fellow players - more than any pitcher in the majors.

'I think Dallas is stating his own case (to start the All-Star Game),' said Houston manager A.J. Hinch, who will be on Ned Yost's staff for Tuesday's contest. 'Multiple guys have the qualifications. I just don't know if anyone's been better."

Keuchel won't lobby for the gig or let the wait consume him.

'I'd like to, but it's nothing I'm going to fret over,' said Keuchel, who can become the first Astro since Roy Oswalt in 2005 to win 12 before the break. 'There are plenty of deserving candidates. There are guys a lot more nasty than I am. I'm just happy to be at the game.'

Keuchel wasn't at his best Monday when his 19-inning scoreless stretch ended while yielding three runs and a season-high nine hits over six of a 9-4 win at Cleveland - Houston's only triumph in the last seven games.

In three starts opposite Tampa Bay (44-45), Keuchel is 0-2 with a 6.00 ERA - his highest against any AL opponent over at least three starts. He must improve in order to help the Astros (49-40) rebound after falling to 2-6 on a 10-game trip with Friday's 3-1 defeat.

Colby Rasmus homered for one of five hits by Houston, which has totaled 21 while scoring four on a four-game slide.

"It's tough, the runs and hits are hard to come by for us right now,' said Hinch, whose club holds a slim lead over the second-place Los Angeles Angels in the West. "We've gone through this, this lull a little bit before and came out of it fine. We'll come out of it again."

The Rays managed four hits but scored twice on ground outs in the sixth and added a Brandon Guyer homer in the seventh to snap their own four-game skid by winning for the second time in 13 contests.

"It's good for us to get back on the winning side of things," All-Star closer Brad Boxberger said after recording his 21st save.

Though Evan Longoria failed to hit safely for the first time in nine games, he recorded his seventh RBI over that stretch. He's 3 for 6 against Keuchel.

Jake Odorizzi (4-5, 2.47) takes the mound for the first time since leaving June 5 after 4 1-3 innings with a strained left oblique.

"Huge (lift getting him back)," manager Kevin Cash told MLB's official website. "Odo has already done a lot this season."

Though the right-hander is 1-2 in five home starts, he's posted a 1.64 ERA. His only appearance against the Astros came at home June 21 of last year when he allowed one hit and struck out 10 in 7 1-3 innings of an 8-0 victory.

Jose Altuve had Houston's lone hit in that contest, and is batting .325 while hitting safely in 19 of his last 21.

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Astros at Rays
Fri, Jul 10 Final 1 to 3
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Astros at Rays

GAME 3
Astros at Rays

Tokens
Preview: Athletics (39-49) at Indians (41-44)
Venue: Progressive Field
Date: July 11, 2015 6:35 PM EDT

The Cleveland Indians staff has been one of MLB's best in the past two weeks and Carlos Carrasco almost provided a no-hitter early in that stretch.

Carrasco's latest effort was nowhere near that level, and he'll try for a better showing in his first start against the Oakland Athletics on Saturday night.

Cleveland (42-44) has logged a 2.19 ERA while going 9-3 and Carrasco (10-7, 4.17 ERA) finished one strike shy of the Indians' first no-no in 34 years July 1 in an 8-1 victory in Tampa Bay.

The right-hander didn't make it past the fourth inning Monday against Houston after giving up five runs - four in the first - and 10 hits in a 9-4 loss. He dropped to 1-3 with a 5.96 ERA in his last four home starts with that performance.

"There are days when you aren't going to feel your best, but you've got to find a way," manager Terry Francona said. "You could see it was a struggle for him right in the first inning."

The Indians have yielded three earned runs in their four subsequent wins, and Danny Salazar gave up one unearned in 8 2-3 innings in a 5-1 victory in Friday's series opener.

"We are competing and having fun at the same time. We're pushing each other every day," Salazar said.

Oakland (39-50) had five hits in its third straight loss, and if Carrasco can limit the A's again, he might head into the All-Star break tied for the AL wins lead. That will also depend on how Houston's Dallas Keuchel performs in Tampa Bay on Saturday.

Keuchel and Seattle's Felix Hernandez, who started Thursday, are tied with 11 victories.

Carrasco's teammates will try to assist after producing their most runs in seven games in a season-best fourth consecutive home win. They scored four runs in the sixth inning and Michael Brantley singled in the final two.

The Indians are expected to face Chris Bassitt, who will likely be recalled from the minors to replace an ailing Jesse Hahn. In his latest big league stint that began June 30, the right-hander made two starts while Sonny Gray was ill and lost both despite pitching respectably in each.

Bassitt (0-2, 2.95), who gave up a combined three runs in 10 2-3 innings, was a 2-1 loser to Seattle on Sunday and was sent to the minors Tuesday.

"I'm a lot more comfortable here now," he told MLB's official website. "We changed some things mechanically that I do, a lot less with my hands. I keep my hands a lot closer to my chest, which really helps me. I'm throwing a lot more strikes, not walking nearly as many guys, and it seems like everything's been clicking from there."

Bassitt will make his first appearance against Cleveland and former A's player Brandon Moss is the only Indians player to have faced him, going 0 for 2 with a strikeout.

Billy Butler 8 for 20 with two homers against Carrasco, and only Detroit's Miguel Cabrera (9 for 24) has gotten more hits off the Cleveland right-hander. Josh Reddick is 3 for 3 with a home run.

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Athletics at Indians
Fri, Jul 10 Final 1 to 5
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Athletics at Indians
Sat, Jul 11 - 6:35PM EDT

GAME 3
Athletics at Indians

Tokens
Preview: Nationals (46-38) at Orioles (43-42)
Venue: Oriole Park at Camden Yards
Date: July 11, 2015 7:15 PM EDT

Runs are at a premium in the Beltway, and with Jordan Zimmermann and Miguel Gonzalez pitching, that figures to remain the status quo Saturday night when the Washington Nationals and Baltimore Orioles continue their series at Camden Yards.

Both the Nationals and Orioles have struggled to score runs for nearly two weeks, going a combined 23 for 160 (.144) with runners in scoring position over their last respective 11 games. Baltimore, though, came out with a 3-2 victory to open this three-game set Friday night on Jonathan Schoop's walkoff homer in the ninth to offset going 0 for 7 in such instances.

'It's exciting, really exciting,' Schoop said. 'I'm glad I'm here, with my teammates and my fans. I'm really happy to be here, and especially to help the team to win.'

About the only saving grace for the offense has been the longball - the Orioles (44-42) have hit nine homers in six games and 14 in the last 11 to help overcome a .219 team batting average.

Zimmermann (7-5, 3.04 ERA), however, has been good at keeping the ball in the park, yielding only six home runs in 106 2-3 innings. The right-hander is also enjoying his best stretch of the season, had his wife give birth to the couple's second child Friday night and is looking to win a season-high third straight start.

He has conceded one run - on a solo homer - over 22 2-3 innings in his last three outings, and got away with that mistake Sunday against San Francisco by yielding only two additional hits in seven innings in Washington's 3-1 victory.

'I just think he's got a feel for his breaking pitches that (he) didn't have necessarily early in the season,' manager Matt Williams said. 'It probably helps that's it's gotten warmer and more humid and can grip the ball better.'

Whether that holds true at Baltimore is uncertain. Zimmermann is 0-3 with a 5.12 ERA in three starts there and was drilled for seven runs and a career high-tying 10 hits in six innings of a 9-6 defeat in his most recent outing in 2013.

Steve Pearce is 3 for 7 with a homer and two doubles versus Zimmermann, while Nolan Reimold is 3 for 4 with a home run.

Washington (46-39) has scored four runs in dropping three straight, and the lack of healthy position players is partially to blame for its .221 average the last 11 contests. Denard Span joined Jayson Werth, Ryan Zimmerman and Anthony Rendon on the disabled list Friday, and while the Nationals did have 10 hits, five of them came in their two-run fifth-inning rally.

'We just didn't swing the bats as good as we can tonight,' said Tyler Moore, who had an RBI double and scored the other run. 'Pitching was great. It's just frustrating. You just want to see us swing the bats a little better.'

Gonzalez (7-5, 3.87) looks to keep the Nationals off-balance and win back-to-back starts after pitching six one-run innings Sunday in a 9-1 road victory over the Chicago White Sox. It was the first time in four starts the right-hander lasted at least six innings, something he did in each of his first five home starts this year before failing to do so in his last two.

Getting to four runs may prove to be too much for the other offense to overcome. Zimmermann is 3-0 when backed with more than three runs while Gonzalez is 7-1.

'It gives you confidence and you have more room to work with,' Gonzalez said after Sunday's win. 'We did a good job hitting.'

Gonzalez's lone interleague start at Camden Yards was his only complete game, a four-hit shutout of Cincinnati on Sept. 3.

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Nationals at Orioles
Fri, Jul 10 Final 2 to 3
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Nationals at Orioles
Sat, Jul 11 - 7:15PM EDT

GAME 3
Nationals at Orioles
Sun, Jul 12 - 1:35PM EDT

Tokens
Preview: Yankees (46-39) at Red Sox (41-45)
Venue: Fenway Park

The New York Yankees continue to feel right at home in Fenway Park.

They'll look to continue that success against the rival Boston Red Sox on Saturday night.

Alex Rodriguez homered and drove in two runs Friday as New York (47-39) won its fifth straight over Boston, 5-1. The Yankees have won all four 2015 meetings at Fenway, where they've taken the last five in a row and eight of nine.

Rodriguez is batting .360 with two of his 17 home runs and eight RBIs in the seven games against the Red Sox (41-46) this season.

Despite batting .230 this month, the Yankees have scored at least five runs in each contest of their three-game winning streak and are 6-2 since totaling three runs while dropping their final three in June.

Boston, meanwhile, averaged 6.8 runs in the previous six games before managing only Mookie Betts' fifth-inning homer as its season-high four-game winning streak ended. More of a concern, is the health of ace Clay Buchholz after he left with elbow tightness with one out in the third.

"There's some tightness in the elbow area," manager John Farrell said. "Until we get any further information, that's all we have right now."

As the Red Sox continue to evaluate Buchholz, Eduardo Rodriguez (4-2, 3.69 ERA) faces the Yankees for the first time.

The rookie has allowed a run in each of his last two starts over 11 innings to go 1-0 since giving up six in 3 2-3 innings of an 8-6 loss to Baltimore on June 25. He struck out a season-high eight in five innings while not factoring in the decision of a 5-4 win over Houston on Sunday.

Though the left-hander is the first Red Sox pitcher since 1920 to yield one or no runs in six of his first eight career starts, he's 0-2 with a 16.20 ERA at home against the only AL East teams he's faced in Toronto and the Orioles.

New York counters with Ivan Nova (1-2, 2.65), who hopes to receive more run support than he did while losing his last two starts.

After rolling to a 10-2 victory over Philadelphia in Nova's return from Tommy John surgery June 24, the Yankees have scored a run each in his last two. Nova has regressed with each start and allowed four runs, six hits and walked three in five innings of an 8-1 defeat to Tampa Bay on Sunday.

"Obviously, not a good game,' the right-hander said. 'The stuff was not there (like) the last two times and there's not much to say. Just keep working and hopefully get a good one next time.'

Nova is 3-2 with a 5.06 ERA in eight starts against the Red Sox.

Mike Napoli recorded his third hit in 30 at-bats over his last 10 games Friday, but both of his hits in the last six at-bats against Nova left the park.

David Ortiz, who went hitless in four at-bats in the opener, is 2 for 16 in his last five games.

New York will call up infield prospect Rob Refsnyder to play second base this weekend. He's hitting .290 with seven homers and 37 RBIs for Triple-A Scranton Wilkes-Barre.

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Yankees at Red Sox
Fri, Jul 10 Final 5 to 1
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Yankees at Red Sox

GAME 3
Yankees at Red Sox
Sun, Jul 12 - 1:35PM EDT

Tokens
Preview: Cardinals (56-30) at Pirates (50-35)
Venue: PNC Park

The Pittsburgh Pirates put a dent in the St. Louis Cardinals' NL Central lead behind one of their All-Star starting pitchers.

They'll look to inch closer behind the other All-Star of their rotation.

Trying to become the first Pirate starter in 47 years to enter the break with a sub-2.00 ERA, A.J. Burnett looks to help Pittsburgh get the closest it's been to first place in more than two months Saturday night against the Cardinals.

After losing ground by dropping Thursday's opener 4-1, the Pirates moved back within 4 1/2 games of St. Louis (56-31) with Friday's 5-2 victory. Neil Walker went 3 for 4 with a two-run homer and Gerrit Cole allowed two runs over seven innings to earn his major league-leading 13th win for Pittsburgh (51-35), which hasn't been 3 1/2 games out of first place since April 30.

'It's still July so you don't want to get too wrapped up in talking about a pennant race,' Walker said. 'But the Cardinals are obviously a good team and they've been playing great all year. If we're going to catch them, we're going to have to beat them when we play them because you can't count on other teams beating them, as good as they are.'

The Pirates are 3-5 against the Cardinals this season, and in his only 2015 start against St. Louis on May 1, Burnett allowed two hits and struck out seven in six scoreless innings of a 2-1, 10-inning loss. He has permitted two runs or fewer in six of eight starts versus the Cardinals since 2013, and is 3-1 with a 1.34 ERA in five starts in Pittsburgh.

Burnett (7-3, 1.99 ERA) is in position to enter the break with the lowest ERA by a Pirates starter since Bob Veale was at 1.90 in 1968.

He has an NL-best 1.28 home ERA, yielding two runs or less in all eight outings at PNC Park. The 38-year-old right-hander has surrendered only one homer and issued 13 walks over 56 1-3 innings in Pittsburgh. He leads the majors with 0.24 home runs allowed per nine innings.

Despite his dominance in Pittsburgh, the Pirates are just 4-4 in Burnett's starts. They're 26-12 in all other home games

Shortly after learning he had been selected to the All-Star Game for the first time in his 17-year career, Burnett gave up a run and five hits in 7 2-3 innings in Monday's 2-1 home win over San Diego.

Like Burnett, John Lackey (7-5, 3.09) has also been stellar at home, posting a 1.98 ERA at Busch Stadium, but he has a 4.60 ERA in eight road starts.

Lackey was sharp Monday at Wrigley Field, however, outdueling Jon Lester by yielding six hits over seven innings in a 6-0 win. He is 3-1 with a 1.75 ERA in his last five starts and has thrown at least seven innings in seven of eight starts.

In two starts against the Pirates with the Cardinals, Lackey is 1-0 with a 1.38 ERA. He gave up a run over six innings in a 2-1, 11-inning win on May 2.

Andrew McCutchen is 3 for 5 against the righty and extended his career-high hitting streak to 17 games Friday with a first-inning single. The five-time All-Star has just one multihit game in his last 10 contests but has a 1.075 OPS.

Matt Carpenter accounted for St. Louis' offense Friday with a two-run homer and is batting .353 with two home runs and six RBIs in five games in the season series. He is hitting .360 with two doubles and two triples in 25 at-bats against Burnett and Jason Heyward is 7 for 17 with two homers in their matchups.

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Cardinals at Pirates
Thu, Jul 9 Final 4 to 1
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Cardinals at Pirates
Fri, Jul 10 Final 2 to 5
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 3
Cardinals at Pirates

GAME 4
Cardinals at Pirates
Sun, Jul 12 - 8:05PM EDT

Tokens
Preview: Padres (39-48) at Rangers (41-44)
Venue: Globe Life Park in Arlington
Date: July 11, 2015 9:05 PM EDT

Given Prince Fielder's declining numbers and the neck surgery he required just two months into his first season with Texas, it looked as though the Rangers were going to wind up on the short end of their trade with the Detroit Tigers.

A year later, and Fielder is easily the club's most important player.

He'll look to power the Rangers to a series victory Saturday night when they host the San Diego Padres, whose biggest bat continues to struggle.

Fielder hit his 14th homer and had a sacrifice fly to drive in two runs in Friday's 4-3 victory, snapping a five-game losing streak for Texas (42-44). Acquired from Detroit in exchange for Ian Kinsler after the 2013 season, Fielder's .345 average is the highest of his career, and his .940 OPS is his highest in three years. The Rangers improved to 23-12 in 2015 when he drives in a run compared to 19-32 when he doesn't. They're 0-2 when he doesn't play, totaling two runs.

The Padres (39-49) lost a season high sixth straight and have 10 runs in that span. All-Star Justin Upton returned to the lineup after missing a game due to a sore oblique, but was 0 for 3 and is hitting .170 over his last 26 games.

San Diego's struggling lineup figures to be a good draw for Texas starter Colby Lewis (8-4, 4.83 ERA) after a dreadful last game. He was pummeled Sunday by the Los Angeles Angels, giving up season highs of 10 earned runs and 12 hits over four-plus innings in a 12-6 loss.

"I guess you just chalk it up to there's good days and there are bad days," the right-hander said. "You just have to have more better ones than you have bad ones."

Lewis bounced back nicely from another disastrous outing on May 27 when he gave up nine earned in just 2 2-2-3 innings of a 12-3 loss to Cleveland. He held the Chicago White Sox to two runs over seven innings of a 15-2 victory in his next turn.

A career American Leaguer, Lewis is 7-3 in his last 12 starts against NL clubs, though San Diego is one of three major league teams he's yet to face.

San Diego's James Shields (7-3, 3.88) is 0-3 with a 4.50 ERA in six starts since his last victory. The drought is his longest since he went a career-worst 10 straight without a win from May 6-June 23, 2013.

While Shields' stuff hasn't been quite as good lately, the Padres' bats are just as much to blame for his recent misfortune. He averaged 7.2 runs of support during his 7-0 start, but has received 2.3 during his winless slump.

San Diego struggled to back him again Monday in his best outing this season. He limited Pittsburgh to an unearned run and two hits over seven innings in the club's 2-1 loss.

Shields is 5-1 with a 1.18 ERA in his last eight starts against Texas, while Fielder is 7 for 20 lifetime off the right-hander.

Shields is 1-1 with a 1.93 ERA in three interleague starts in his first NL season, while San Diego is 4-11 in interleague play. Upton, 7 for 54 (.130) with 15 strikeouts against AL clubs, is 0 for 7 off Lewis.

Fielder has nine RBIs in eight interleague games.

Elvis Andrus, hitting just .121 over his last 10 contests, is 13 for 30 against Shields.

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Padres at Rangers
Fri, Jul 10 Final 3 to 4
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Padres at Rangers
Sat, Jul 11 - 9:05PM EDT

GAME 3
Padres at Rangers
Sun, Jul 12 - 3:05PM EDT

Tokens
Preview: Braves (42-45) at Rockies (37-49)
Venue: Coors Field

The Colorado Rockies may be last in the NL West but Carlos Gonzalez isn't giving up.

Gonzalez looks to continue his hot hitting as the Rockies attempt to extend their longest winning streak over the Atlanta Braves on Saturday.

Colorado (37-49) is 12 games back of first-place Los Angeles in the division. However, following a 2-9 stretch with a pair of 5-3 wins over Atlanta (42-45) has Gonzalez thinking turnaround.

"We're not out of the race. If we say we're out, it's over," he told MLB's official website. "We have a chance to finish strong this weekend, then think about the damage we're going to do after the All-Star break."

Gonzalez is doing some damage of his own, going 10 for 21 with two homers, four doubles and four RBIs in five games after going 3 for 29 over the previous eight.

The right fielder has three doubles and a homer in this series. His home run Friday helped Colorado win its fourth straight against the Braves.

"It was away, it was one of those little CarGo reaches," said Gonzalez, who is batting .348 average with 21 RBIs in his last 24 games against Atlanta. "When things go good, I can cover a lot of the plate, so I was able to put the barrel on the ball and drive it to center field."

The Rockies are expected to have Troy Tulowitzki back after a day off. The shortstop is hitting .354 during a 21-game hitting streak, the longest in the majors this season.

Colorado tries to win its seventh in 10 home games behind Jorge De La Rosa (6-3, 4.46 ERA), who is 6-1 with a 2.96 ERA over his last nine starts while completing at least six innings six times.

Another long outing would be helpful since the Rockies have used 11 pitchers in two games due to Thursday's long rain delay and an injury to Friday's scheduled starter David Hale.

De La Rosa, though, is 2-2 with a 6.81 ERA in eight starts at Coors Field while winning four straight on the road with a 0.99 ERA.

The left-hander was staked to a four-run lead before taking the mound at Arizona on Sunday, allowing two runs in six-plus innings of a 6-4 win.

"The only thing I try to do is give the team the best chance to win, keep games close and wait for the guys to start hitting," De La Rosa said.

He's 1-1 with a 7.71 ERA in five games - three starts - against the Braves but he last faced them on July 29, 2013.

Friday's loss was the third straight overall and ninth in 12 road games for Atlanta, which gives the ball to Matt Wisler (3-1, 3.13) hoping the rookie can improve upon his 1-1 record and 6.52 ERA in two away starts.

He served up a leadoff homer Monday at Milwaukee before settling down to yield two more runs before leaving with six strikeouts in 5 2-3 innings of a 5-3 victory.

"He ran out of gas a bit in the sixth inning but he threw the ball well," catcher A.J. Pierzynski said. "He threw all of his pitches for strikes. It was a good outing. His last road outing didn't go so well."

Kelly Johnson is 9 for 22 with three homers and 10 RBIs in seven games. His three-run shot Friday is one of his four hits in this series and he's 13 for 33 (.394) with four homers and 13 RBIs in his last nine games at Coors Field.

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Braves at Rockies
Thu, Jul 9 Final 3 to 5
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Braves at Rockies
Fri, Jul 10 Final 3 to 5
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 3
Braves at Rockies

GAME 4
Braves at Rockies
Sun, Jul 12 - 4:10PM EDT

Tokens
Preview: Blue Jays (44-45) at Royals (51-33)
Venue: Ewing M. Kauffman Stadium
Date: July 11, 2015 2:10 PM EDT

While the Toronto Blue Jays' usually prolific lineup has been silent, the Kansas City Royals continue to make noise even without Alex Gordon.

Mark Buehrle will try to prevent the Royals from winning seven straight home games for the first time in 12 years Saturday.

Kansas City took a sixth straight victory by topping Toronto 3-0 in Friday's series opener and reached double-digits hits for the fifth consecutive game with 11. Eric Hosmer went 4 for 4 for the Royals, who are batting .328 with 39 runs during their win streak.

They've played the last two without Gordon, who is expected to sit out eight weeks because of a groin injury.

Kansas City (51-33) will next try to win seven in a row at Kauffman Stadium for the first time since a franchise-record 11-0 start in 2003. The Royals are also seeking to win seven straight overall since their 7-0 start to this season.

"They're their old lively self, it's just a lot of confidence right now that when we step on that field, we feel like we're going to win a baseball game," manager Ned Yost told MLB's official website.

Toronto, the major league leader with 470 runs, has been shut out in back-to-back games for the first time this season. The Blue Jays (44-45) have also plated 10 runs while batting .195 over a 1-4 stretch.

"We've cooled off a little bit, but we've also run into some good pitching. That's the way baseball works," manager John Gibbons said.

Toronto hasn't been shut out in three consecutive games since Aug. 24-26, 1990, and hasn't gone 25 or more consecutive innings without a run since a streak of 31 from May 9-12, 2008.

While Buehrle can't contribute to ending that drought, the veteran left-hander could give his team a boost with another effective outing.

Buehrle (9-5, 3.38 ERA) is 4-1 with a 1.80 ERA in his last eight starts but was hindered by four unearned runs in eight innings Monday in a 4-2 loss to his former team, the Chicago White Sox. He's allowed one earned run in 24 innings in his past three road starts and pitched two complete games.

Buehrle will face Kansas City for the first time this season and is 3-0 with a 0.83 ERA in his last three matchups.

Chris Young is 0-3 with a 7.71 ERA in his last four home starts for the Royals after going 3-0 with a 0.54 ERA in his first three. The right-hander gave up four runs in six-plus innings in a 9-5 win against visiting Tampa Bay on Tuesday.

Young (7-4, 2.89) is 2-0 with a 5.17 ERA in three lifetime starts against Toronto and earned a 6-3 win in his first meeting in nine years Aug. 12, yielding one run and two hits in six innings for Seattle.

Blue Jays All-Star Josh Donaldson is 1 for 13 in his career against Young, matching his worst performance against any pitcher he's faced at least 10 times. He's 1 for 13 versus Boston's Rick Porcello.

Alcides Escobar, batting .455 (15 for 33) in his last eight games, is 8 for 20 against Buehrle.

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Blue Jays at Royals
Fri, Jul 10 Final 0 to 3
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Blue Jays at Royals
Sat, Jul 11 - 2:10PM EDT

GAME 3
Blue Jays at Royals
Sun, Jul 12 - 2:10PM EDT

Tokens
Preview: Tigers (44-42) at Twins (47-40)
Venue: Target Field
Date: July 11, 2015 4:05 PM EDT

The Detroit Tigers have experienced few problems at the plate even with Miguel Cabrera on the shelf, but their bullpen cost them a prime chance for another win over the Minnesota Twins with a stunning meltdown.

Phil Hughes will try to help the Twins build on a thrilling victory and slow down the Tigers on Saturday while extending his win streak to four.

Detroit (44-42) is batting .323 while averaging 5.9 runs in its last 14 games and had 12 hits Friday at Minnesota (47-40). The Tigers, though, took a shocking 8-6 loss when Bruce Rondon and Joakim Soria combined to give up seven runs in the ninth inning.

"That one stunk," manager Brad Ausmus said. "Can't pout about it. Got another game and we'll come back and go at it again."

Brian Dozier, who lost out on the AL's final All-Star spot earlier in the day, launched the winning three-run homer - his third in five games - and gave Minnesota just its third victory in 11 matchups this season with Detroit.

"Dozier right now is definitely our MVP," outfielder Torii Hunter said. "He's doing everything he can to will this team to win and it showed tonight."

The Tigers built a 6-0 lead on homers from Yoenis Cespedes, J.D. Martinez and Victor Martinez, giving them a major league-leading 32 home runs in 18 games since June 21.

J.D. Martinez, third in the AL with 25 longballs, hit his 12th in 17 games before Detroit was denied its sixth win in eight contests. Cespedes, who also lost in the AL's final vote, had his third in the last five games.

Cespedes' three-run shot helped Detroit once again ease the sting of Cabrera's absence to a strained left calf, which is expected to keep him out for at least six weeks.

Hughes (7-6, 4.19 ERA) will try to stifle the Tigers' lineup and heads into his game with a 2.48 ERA in his last four starts. He yielded two runs in 6 1-3 innings Monday in a 4-2, 10-inning win over Baltimore.

Hughes hasn't been as sharp in two starts against Detroit this season, going 0-1 with a 5.73 ERA. He gave up three runs in five innings in his latest matchup April 29, a 10-7 home loss.

Hughes will pitch opposite a struggling Alfredo Simon (8-5, 4.18). The Tigers right-hander is 1-2 with a 10.18 ERA in his last four starts but got enough support for a 12-5 win in Seattle on Monday. Simon, who had a 2.58 ERA in his first 12 games, yielded five runs in 5 2-3 innings and eight hits, giving him 37 allowed in his past four starts.

Simon is 1-0 with a 1.15 ERA in two starts against Minnesota and allowed one run in 7 2-3 innings in his lone one this season May 12.

Kurt Suzuki is 4 for 10 with two homers in his career against Simon while Joe Mauer (1 for 9) and Hunter (1 for 8) haven't fared as well.

Hughes will likely be relieved not to face Cabrera, who is 17 for 36 with five homers lifetime against him. Cespedes, batting .368 during an eight-game hit streak, is 6 for 12 with five extra-base hits against Hughes, with two doubles and a triple in five at-bats this season.

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Tigers at Twins
Thu, Jul 9 Final 4 to 2
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Tigers at Twins
Fri, Jul 10 Final 6 to 8
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 3
Tigers at Twins
Sat, Jul 11 - 4:05PM EDT

GAME 4
Tigers at Twins
Sun, Jul 12 - 2:10PM EDT

Tokens
Preview: Phillies (29-60) at Giants (44-43)
Venue: AT&T Park
Date: July 11, 2015 10:05 PM EDT

San Francisco pummeled one of baseball's best pitchers in its series opener with Philadelphia.

Imagine what the Giants might do against a starter who hasn't won in almost a year.

They hope to carry the momentum from a breakout performance Saturday night against David Buchanan and the visiting Phillies.

The Giants (44-43) had been sluggish of late, totaling 21 runs during a 1-8 stretch. Cole Hamels entered Friday's matchup having thrown seven innings while yielding two runs or fewer in nine of his last 11 starts, but they teed off against the former World Series MVP, who surrendered nine runs and 12 hits over 3 1-3 innings in the 15-2 loss.

Hunter Pence hit a grand slam against Hamels, while Nos. 1-3 hitters Angel Pagan, Joe Panik and Matt Duffy combined to go 11 for 18 with seven RBIs, and Buster Posey singled twice after missing two games with a hamstring injury.

San Francisco's 22 hits were an AT&T Park record and its most in any game since Sept. 14, 2013.

"They broke out tonight ... We had some guys that had been struggling," manager Bruce Bochy said. "I'm really happy for them, they had some good at-bats.They needed it for their confidence."

The major league-worst Phillies (29-60) are one defeat away from matching a club record for the most losses ever before the All-Star break. Philadelphia, which has totaled two runs during a three-game skid, was 24-61 at the break in 1997.

Buchanan (0-5, 8.76 ERA) has lost each start this year while walking 15 in 24 2-3 innings. He's 0-8 with a 4.81 ERA in 14 games since his last victory Aug. 6.

The right-hander is being recalled from Triple-A Lehigh Valley, where he was sent after allowing a career high-tying seven runs over 4 1-3 innings of a 9-3 loss at St. Louis on April 30.

"Once the season started, I put unneeded pressure on myself," he told MLB"s official website. "I started trying to do more than I had to.

"Once you get sent down, you can't wait to get back. I've been doing everything I can to get back."

The right-hander is 2-0 with a 1.96 ERA in four starts for the IronPigs since returning from an ankle injury.

He lost his only previous matchup with San Francisco, allowing three runs over 6 2-3 innings in a 5-2 road defeat Aug. 17.

Ryan Vogelsong (6-6, 4.10) gets the ball for the Giants after his first career ejection in his last outing. He was tossed Sunday at Washington when he started to approach home plate following a questionable ball called by umpire Phil Cuzzi, and Bochy was booted moments later.

"I pitch with a lot of emotion all the time. Tonight it just boiled over and got the best of me," Vogelsong told MLB's official website. "it's not going to stop me from pitching with emotion. I just have to do a better job of containing it."

Vogelsong gave up one run in his four innings.

He has struggled in his last two starts against Philadelphia, allowing eight earned runs and 18 hits over 9 2-3 innings. He was charged with five in 6 2-3 innings of a 6-4 road loss June 7.

Ryan Howard, who is batting .118 over his last 11 games, is 5 for 10 against Vogelsong.

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Phillies at Giants
Fri, Jul 10 Final 2 to 15
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Phillies at Giants
Sat, Jul 11 - 10:05PM EDT

GAME 3
Phillies at Giants
Sun, Jul 12 - 4:05PM EDT

Tokens
Preview: Angels (47-39) at Mariners (40-47)
Venue: Safeco Field
Date: July 11, 2015 10:10 PM EDT

The Los Angeles Angels are having a good time, and it continues to show in their play.

Advertisement

In position to perhaps take over first place in the AL West, the visiting Angels try to continue their surge Saturday night against the Seattle Mariners.

Winners in 10 of 12, Los Angeles (47-39) was seven games out of first on May 4, but has since gone 36-24 to move within one-half game of first-place Houston, which has sat alone top the division since April 19. That was two days after the Angels last held sole possession of first.

"It's been fun," said star Mike Trout, who homered twice in Friday's 7-3 victory.

The Angels have batted .336 while averaging 7.9 runs and homering 15 times to go 6-1 on a nine-game trip. C.J. Cron also went deep twice Friday for Los Angeles, which rebounded from Thursday's 7-2 loss to Seattle (40-47). Trout is 8 for 16 with five homers and nine RBIs in the last four games while Cron is batting .571 (12 for 21) with three home runs and 11 RBIs in the five he's played on the trip.

"If you look at the way we've been swinging the bats in the last week, it's a lot more in line with what we need," manager Mike Scioscia told MLB's official website. "It's good to see."

Los Angeles will try to stay hot by extending the struggles of Hisashi Iwakuma (0-1, 7.17 ERA), who allowed four solo homers and five runs and eight hits overall in five-plus innings of Monday's 12-5 loss to Detroit. It was the right-hander's first appearance since landing on the disabled list April 24 with a right lat strain.

'He threw strikes and he was healthy,' said bench coach Trent Jewett, who served as interim manager for that contest. 'Those are important factors. I don't think he commanded the ball probably the way he prefers, but he came out of it healthy.'

Iwakuma, 29-15 with a 3.05 ERA through 61 starts in 2013 and '14, has yielded nine home runs in 21 1-3 innings after allowing 20 in 179 last year.

"It's hard to get that sharpness back," he said. "As you go through the process it will come back."

The longest of his four outings this season came April 8 when he allowed five runs in the first two innings and lasted six in a 5-3 loss to the Angels.

Albert Pujols homered in that contest for his sixth hit in 30 at-bats against Iwakuma. Trout is 3 for his last 9 with a home run versus Iwakuma, who will be opposed by C.J. Wilson (7-6, 3.82).

The left-hander has allowed only a two-run homer to Kyle Seager in 15 innings while going 1-0 in two starts against Seattle this season, and three total runs over 28 to go 2-0 in his last four with the Mariners.

Though Wilson wasn't completely sharp while allowing three runs, six hits and throwing 104 pitches in six innings of Sunday's 12-6 victory at Texas, he won for the fourth time in five starts.

Nelson Cruz is 7 for 16 with a home run against Wilson, and batting .400 (10 for 25) with four RBIs in his last six while facing Los Angeles.

Ex-Angel Mark Trumbo is 10 for 19 in his last six games after belting a two-run homer Friday.

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Angels at Mariners
Thu, Jul 9 Final 2 to 7
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Angels at Mariners
Fri, Jul 10 Final 7 to 3
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 3
Angels at Mariners
Sat, Jul 11 - 10:10PM EDT

GAME 4
Angels at Mariners

Tokens
Preview: Brewers (37-51) at Dodgers (50-38)
Venue: Dodger Stadium
Date: July 11, 2015 10:10 PM EDT

Two Tommy John surgeries turned Brandon Beachy from a promising young pitcher into a free agent seeking to prove himself.

He now has a spot on one of the best pitching staffs in baseball.

Beachy takes the mound for the first time in almost two years Saturday night when the Los Angeles Dodgers face the Milwaukee Brewers.

Beachy spent his first four seasons with Atlanta and was considered one of the club's top prospects. He started to live up to those expectations in 2012, posting the lowest ERA in the majors at 2.00 through 13 starts.

The right-hander's season ended, however, and he underwent his first elbow surgery. He returned in 2013 but only made five starts before going under the knife again.

Still, the Dodgers (50-38) opted to sign him to a one-year contract in February and he went 1-1 with a 2.41 ERA in five starts in the minors.

That's enough for Beachy to get the nod in place of Carlos Frias, who is on the disabled list with a back injury.

"Endless and long. A lot of ups and downs," Beachy told MLB's official website. "At times, there was no light at the end of the tunnel. There were some dark days, but it's something I'm glad I've been through and it's something I'll always remember."

Manager Don Mattingly isn't sure what to expect from Beachy, a sinkerballer who last took the mound on Aug. 20, 2013.

"The only reservation I have is that he's going to be a little jacked up and a little nervous and you don't know how it's going to go that very first game," Mattingly said. "That being said, we've been through a lot of different guys, but we feel like he gives us the best chance to win."

Beachy has some tough acts to follow after the Dodgers' last three starters combined to allow two runs over 23 innings during the team's three-game win streak.

Los Angeles did all its scoring in the seventh inning of Friday's 3-2 victory, getting a pinch-hit two-run single from Andre Ethier before Joc Pederson delivered a go-ahead double.

Pederson has homered on half of his six hits with five RBIs in 19 at-bats over five meetings with the Brewers.

Yasmani Grandal has been a huge problem for Milwaukee, going 12 for 21 with two homers and 10 RBIs in his last six meetings. He was walked twice and hit by a pitch Friday in his first meeting with the Brewers since going 4 for 4 with two homers and a career-high eight RBIs in a road win May 7.

The Brewers (37-51) have followed a season-high eight-game winning streak by losing three of four and turning to Taylor Jungmann (3-1, 2.43) could get them untracked.

He's compiled a 1.42 ERA over his last three starts, winning his only decision since he was backed by two runs in the other two games.

The rookie right-hander is coming off his best performance yet, retiring the first 12 batters he faced while yielding one run and four hits in eight innings of Sunday's 6-1 win at Cincinnati.

"I thought I had the changeup going," Jungmann said. "I didn't throw it as much in my first five starts. I was happy for it."

Jean Segura is 15 for 32 in eight games after getting three hits for the fourth time over that stretch Friday. He's 6 for 18 in six games at Dodger Stadium.

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Brewers at Dodgers
Fri, Jul 10 Final 2 to 3
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Brewers at Dodgers
Sat, Jul 11 - 10:10PM EDT

GAME 3
Brewers at Dodgers

Tokens
MLB

Armadillo's Write-Up

Saturday, July 11

National League
Cardinals @ Pirates
Lackey is 3-1, 1.75 in his last five starts; under is 6-4 in his last ten.

Burnett is 1-0, 2.18 in his last three starts; four of his last six stayed under.

St Louis won eight of last 11 games with Pittsburgh; home side won ten of last 12 series games. Cardinals won five of last eight games overall, as four of last five went over total. Pirates won nine of last 11 games; under is 5-2-1 in their last eight games.

Reds @ Marlins
Iglesias is making first start since May 30 (shoulder); he is 1-1, 4.57 in his four starts this year (over 2-2).

Conley is making first MLB start; he is 8-2, 2.33 in 15 AAA starts this season and pitched one scoreless inning of relief in majors last month.

Cincinnati lost eight of last 13 games overall; their last five games all stayed under total. Marlins lost five of last six games, outscored 20-10; under is 5-1-1 in their last seven- they lost four of last six games with the Reds- seven of last eight series games stayed under.

Diamondbacks @ Mets
Corbin allowed two runs in five IP (76 PT) in his first '15 start.

Harvey is 1-2, 1.84 in his last four starts, three of which stayed under.

Arizona is 6-5 in its last 11 games against the Mets; under is 7-1-1 in the last nine. D'backs won five of last seven games; three of last five went over. Mets won five of last seven games; their last four stayed under.

Braves @ Rockies
Wisler is 3-1, 3.91 in his four starts- they all stayed under total.

de la Rosa is 2-0, 1.50 in his last three starts; five of his last seven went under.

Braves lost last three games (under 7-2-1 in last ten); they lost last four games with Colorado (under 6-2-1 in last nine), which lost nine of last 13 games overall, but won last two- their last three stayed under.

Brewers @ Dodgers
Jungmann is 1-0, 1.89 in his last three starts; under is 4-1-1 in his '15 starts.

Beachy is making first start since August 2013; he is 14-11, 3.91 in his 46 MLB starts, all with Atanta.

Brewers lost three of last five games with the Dodgers; over is 4-1-1 in last six series games. Milwaukee lost three of last four games; three of last five went over total. Dodgers won seven of last ten games; three of their last four went over the total.

Phillies @ Giants
Buchanan is making first start since April 30; he is 0-5, 8.76 in his five starts (over 3-2) this season.

Vogelsong is 2-1, 1.99 in his last four starts; four of his last five went under.

Philly lost ten of last 12 games; over is 8-4-1 in their last 13 . Phillies lost five of last six games with the Giants; six of last seven series games went over total. Giants lost eight of last ten games; five of their last seven stayed under.

American League
Astros @ Rays
Keuchel is 3-1, 1.17 in his last three starts; seven of his last ten went under.

Odorizzi is making first start since June 5 (oblique); he is 1-3, 3.15 in his last five starts- eight of his last nine stayed under.

Astros lost eight of last ten games with Tampa Bay; nine of last eleven went under total. Houston lost six of last seven games; last four stayed under- they are 9-21 in last 30 road games. Rays lost 10 of last 12 games (over 9-2-1).

A's @ Indians
Bassitt is 0-2, 2.53 in his first two Oakland starts, losing both games 2-1.

Carrasco is 1-3, 5.96 in his last four home starts; five of his six starts overall went over the total.

Oakland lost four of its last five games; seven of last ten stayed under total- they won five of last eight games with Indians- foru of last five series games went over. Cleveland won nine of last 12 games; six of their last eight stayed under the total.

Bronx @ Red Sox
Nova is 1-2, 3.18 in his three starts (over 1-1-1).

Rodriguez is 1-0, 1.64 in his last two starts; four of his last five went over.

Bronx won last five games with Boston; six of last nine series games went over total. Bombers won six of last eight games; under is 7-3-1 in their last 11. Red Sox won eight of last 11 games; four of their last seven went over.

Blue Jays @ Royals
Doubront allowed one run in 6.2 IP (94 PT) in his first '15 start.

Volquez is 4-0, 3.67 in his last six starts (over 5-0-1).

Toronto lost nine of last 12 games; six of their last ten went over total. Jays are 3-6 in last nine games with KC; under is 7-4 in last 11. Royals won seven of last eight games; with four of last five going over the total.

Tigers @ Twins
Ryan is 0-2, 6.08 in his five MLB starts; last three went over.

Gibson is 3-0, 1.74 in his last three starts; under is 3-1-1 in his last five.

Twins won five of last seven games; under is 6-2-2 in their last ten games; they lost nine of last 12 games with Detroit (under 7-5). Tigers won five of last eight games, but blew 6-1 lead in 9th inning last night; 19 of their last 20 games went over.

Angels @ Mariners
Heaney is 2-0, 1.77 in his first three starts; (under 2-1).

Seattle lost all four Iwakuma starts (0-1, 7.59); all four went over.

Angels won nine of last 11 games; five of their last six went over. Angels also won six of last nine games with Seattle- four of last five series games stayed under total. Mariners are 0-4 in game following their last four wins; five of their last seven games overall went over.

Interleague
White Sox @ Cubs
Quintana is 2-2, 2.70 in his last six starts; six of his last eight stayed under.

Lester is 0-2, 2.30 in his last five starts; his last six starts stayed under.

White Sox won four of last five games with the Cubs; over is 4-3-1 in last eight series games. Pale Hose won eight of last ten games; six of their last eight stayed under. Cubs won seven of last 11, three of last four went over.

Nationals @ Orioles
Zimmerman is 2-0, 0.40 in his last three starts; three of his last four went under the total. .

Gonzalez is 2-2, 4.78 in his last five starts; last three all went over.

Washington lost eight of last ten games with Baltimore; over is 5-4 in last nine series games. Nationals lost four of last five road games; seven of their last eight games overall stayed under. Orioles lost six of last eight games; under is 6-2-1 in their last nine.

Padres @ Rangers
Shields is 0-1, 1.98 in his last two starts; San Diego lost his last six starts-- over is 7-3 in his last ten outings.

Lewis is 1-1, 10.13 in his last three starts; over is 11-2 in his last 13 starts.

San Diego lost six of last eight games with Texas; five of last six stayed under the total. Padres lost last six games, scoring ten runs; in last seven games, under is 6-0-1. Rangers lost five of last six games, outscored 48-17.

Win-loss records this year for team with this starting pitcher:
StL-Pitt-- Lackey 10-7; Burnett 10-7
Cin-Mia-- Iglesias 2-2; Conley 0-0
Az-NY-- Corbin 1-0; Harvey 9-7
Atl-Colo-- Wisler 3-1; de la Rosa 8-5
Mil-LA-- Jungmann 4-2; Beachy 0-0
Phil-SF-- Buchanan 0-5; Vogelsong 8-7

Hst-TB-- Keuchel 14-4; Odorizzi 6-6
A's-Clev-- Bassitt 0-2; Carrasco 10-7
NY-Bos-- Nova 1-2; Rodriguez 5-3
Tor-KC-- Buehrle 10-7; Young 8-4
Det-Min-- Simon 9-7; Hughes 9-8
LAA-Sea-- Wilson 9-8; Iwakuma 0-4

Chi-Chi-- Sale 10-6; Lester 9-8
Wsh-Balt-- Zimmerman 10-7; Gonzalez 9-6
SD-Tex-- Shields 9-9; Lewis 8-9

Times this starting pitcher allowed a run in first inning:
StL-Pitt-- Lackey 3-17Burnett 4-17
Cin-Mia-- Iglesias 1-4; Conley 0-0
Az-NY-- Corbin 0-1; Harvey 4-16
Atl-Colo-- Wisler 2-4; de la Rosa 4-13
Mil-LA-- Jungmann 0-6; Beachy 0-0
Phil-SF-- Buchanan 2-5; Vogelsong 2-15

Hst-TB-- Keuchel 3-18; Odorizzi 3-12
A's-Clev-- Bassitt 0-2; Carrasco 8-17
NY-Bos-- Nova 1-3; Rodriguez 0-8
Tor-KC-- Buehrle 7-17; Young 1-12
Det-Min-- Simon 3-16; Hughes 4-17
LAA-Sea-- Wilson 4-17; Iwakuma 2-4

Chi-Chi-- Sale 5-16; Lester 6-17
Wsh-Balt-- Zimmerman 6-17; Gonzalez 3-15
SD-Tex-- Shields 4-18; Lewis 4-17

Umpires
Az-NY-- Under is 9-5-1 in last fifteen Hirschbeck games.
Atl-Colo-- Over is 11-4 in last fifteen Emmel games.
Cin-Mia-- Underdogs won three of last five Barksdale games.
StL-Pitt-- Under is 9-4-1 in last fourteen Carapazza games.
Phil-SF-- Favorites won six of last seven Tichenor games.
Mil-LA-- Underdogs won seven of last nine West games.

Tor-KC-- Four of last five Kulpa games stayed under total.
Det-Min-- Seven of last ten Foster games stayed under.
Hst-TB-- Six of last seven Gibson games stayed under.
A's-Clev-- Over is 4-1-1 in last six Porter games.
NY-Bos-- Home side won five of last six Conroy games.
LA-Sea-- Under is 6-2-1 in last nine Eddings games.

Chi-Chi-- Underdogs are 6-5 in last eleven Marquez games.
Wsh-Balt-- Under is 7-1-1 in last nine Nauert games.
SD-Tex-- Under is 8-1-2 in last eleven Schrieber games.

Tokens
MLB

Saturday, July 11

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trend Report
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2:10 PM
TORONTO vs. KANSAS CITY
Toronto is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Kansas City
Toronto is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games on the road
Kansas City is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games at home
Kansas City is 6-3 SU in its last 9 games when playing Toronto

4:05 PM
DETROIT vs. MINNESOTA
The total has gone OVER in 12 of Detroit's last 13 games on the road
The total has gone OVER in 20 of Detroit's last 21 games
The total has gone OVER in 9 of Minnesota's last 12 games when playing at home against Detroit
Minnesota is 3-9 SU in its last 12 games when playing Detroit

4:05 PM
CHI WHITE SOX vs. CHI CUBS
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Chi White Sox's last 5 games
Chi White Sox are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games
Chi Cubs are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games when playing Chi White Sox
The total has gone UNDER in 10 of Chi Cubs's last 13 games when playing at home against Chi White Sox

4:10 PM
HOUSTON vs. TAMPA BAY
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Houston's last 6 games when playing Tampa Bay
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Houston's last 5 games on the road
The total has gone UNDER in 10 of Tampa Bay's last 11 games when playing at home against Houston
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Tampa Bay's last 6 games when playing Houston

ATLANTA vs. COLORADO
Atlanta is 17-7 SU in its last 24 games when playing Colorado
Atlanta is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing Colorado
Colorado is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against Atlanta
The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Colorado's last 9 games when playing Atlanta

CINCINNATI vs. MIAMI
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Cincinnati's last 5 games
The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Cincinnati's last 7 games on the road
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Miami's last 6 games when playing at home against Cincinnati
Miami is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games

ARIZONA vs. NY METS
Arizona is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing on the road against NY Mets
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Arizona's last 5 games when playing on the road against NY Mets
NY Mets are 2-4 SU in its last 6 games when playing at home against Arizona
NY Mets are 4-1 SU in its last 5 games

6:35 PM
OAKLAND vs. CLEVELAND
Oakland is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Oakland's last 5 games when playing Cleveland
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Cleveland's last 5 games
Cleveland is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games when playing Oakland

7:15 PM
NY YANKEES vs. BOSTON
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of NY Yankees's last 5 games on the road
NY Yankees are 6-2 SU in their last 8 games
Boston is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games at home
Boston is 0-5 SU in their last 5 games when playing NY Yankees

WASHINGTON vs. BALTIMORE
The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Washington's last 9 games when playing on the road against Baltimore
Washington is 12-6 SU in its last 18 games
Baltimore is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games when playing Washington
The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Baltimore's last 8 games at home

ST. LOUIS vs. PITTSBURGH
St. Louis is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games when playing on the road against Pittsburgh
St. Louis is 6-3 SU in its last 9 games on the road
The total has gone UNDER in 17 of Pittsburgh's last 25 games at home
Pittsburgh is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games

9:05 PM
SAN DIEGO vs. TEXAS
San Diego is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games on the road
San Diego is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Texas's last 6 games
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Texas's last 6 games at home

10:05 PM
PHILADELPHIA vs. SAN FRANCISCO
Philadelphia is 2-10 SU in its last 12 games
Philadelphia is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games when playing San Francisco
San Francisco is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against Philadelphia
San Francisco is 2-8 SU in its last 10 games

10:10 PM
MILWAUKEE vs. LA DODGERS
The total has gone OVER in 6 of Milwaukee's last 9 games when playing on the road against LA Dodgers
Milwaukee is 9-3 SU in its last 12 games
LA Dodgers are 3-8 SU in their last 11 games when playing at home against Milwaukee
LA Dodgers are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games

10:10 PM
LA ANGELS vs. SEATTLE
LA Angels are 6-1 SU in their last 7 games
The total has gone OVER in 6 of LA Angels's last 7 games
The total has gone UNDER in 9 of Seattle's last 13 games when playing LA Angels
Seattle is 7-15 SU in its last 22 games at home

Tokens
MLB

Saturday, July 11

Not shockingly, Sale has been an under machine

In Chris Sale's past 11 starts the Chicago White Sox are 1-9-1 over/under.

In those 11 starts, dating back to May 12, he has allowed a combined 17 earned runs which is a mere 1.5 runs per game. And in only two of those games has the team facing Sale tallied more than two runs in the game.

Sale will take to the mound when the White Sox take on the rival Chicago Cubs Saturday.

Tokens
MLB

Saturday, July 11

Pitcher change announced - Adam Conley, Miami

Miami vs. Cincinnati on July 11 at 4:10 PM. Previous Starter: Mat Latos.

Buchholz departs with elbow tightness

BOSTON -- Boston Red Sox ace Clay Buchholz left Friday night's start against the New York Yankees in the fourth inning with tightness in his right elbow.

The right-hander, who had an 0.87 ERA during a four-game winning streak he brought into the game, was pitching to former teammate Stephen Drew with one out in the inning. Catcher Sandy Leon went out to the mound after the second pitch to Drew and the meeting appeared to be to go over signs. It wasn't.

While Leon was on the mound, first baseman Mike Napoli came in and that started a parade from the dugout. Then Buchholz, who has a history of suffering injuries when he was pitching well, left the game.

Left-hander Robbie Ross Jr. replaced Buchholz, who left trailing 1-0.

MLB roundup: Twins win after trailing 6-1 in ninth

MINNEAPOLIS -- Brian Dozier's three-run, walk-off homer with one out in the ninth capped a seven-run inning as the Minnesota Twins erased a five-run deficit in an 8-6 win over the Detroit Tigers on Friday night at Target Field.

Minnesota struggled to do much of anything against Tigers starter Justin Verlander for eight innings but rallied from 6-1 down in the ninth for the win. For Dozier, it was his third homer of the week and second walk-off blast in three days.

Tigers closer Joakim Soria, working on his third consecutive day, took the loss, allowing four runs, two hits, a walk and a hit batter.

The ninth-inning rally started with a single by Joe Mauer and was followed by a double into the left-field corner by Miguel Sano. Eddie Rosario's RBI single two batters later forced Tigers manager Brad Ausmus to go to his closer.

Soria lost Aaron Hicks, walking him after getting ahead 0-2 in the count. With the bases loaded, Soria hit Kurt Suzuki with a pitch. Danny Santana, the No. 9 batter, slapped a single to center, scoring two and setting up Dozier's three-run blast on the first pitch.

Pirates 5, Cardinals 2

PITTSBURGH -- Gerrit Cole pitched seven innings to become the first 13-game winner in the major leagues and the first Pirates pitcher to have that many wins before the All-Star break since 1971 as Pittsburgh beat the St. Louis Cardinals 5-2 on Friday night.

Cole (13-3) allowed two runs -- both on third baseman Matt Carpenter's third-inning homer -- and six hits while striking out three and walking two. The right-hander became just the second Pirates pitcher to win 13 games before the All-Star break, joining Dock Ellis, who had 14 in 1971.

Neil Walker had three hits, including a two-run homer in the fourth, his seventh home run of the season that extended the Pirates' lead to 5-2.

Closer Mark Melancon pitched a scoreless ninth for his National League-leading 29th save in 30 opportunities.

The Pirates won for the sixth time in seven games and drew within 4 1/2 games of the Cardinals in the National League Central in the second game of a four-game series between the teams with the best records in the major leagues.

Yankees 5, Red Sox 1

BOSTON -- New York took advantage of some huge breaks in a three-run fourth inning and went on to defeat Boston.

Ahead 1-0 on a mammoth home run by Alex Rodriguez, the Yankees had second and third and one out in the fourth when Boston ace Clay Buchholz left the game with tightness in his right elbow. The Red Sox were then guilty of three straight infield miscues, two of them by first baseman Mike Napoli, and Rodriguez capped the rally with a bases-loaded walk.

The win was the third in a row for the first-place Yankees, while the last-place Red Sox saw a four-game winning streak stopped and fell back to 6 1/2 games out in the AL East.

Marlins 1, Reds 0

MIAMI -- Right-hander Mike Leake pitched eight scoreless innings and right fielder Jay Bruce slugged a solo home run, leading Cincinnati to a shutout win over Miami at Marlins Park.

All-Star closer Aroldis Chapman pitched the ninth inning for his 18th save of the season. Chapman reached 103 mph with his fastball, striking out the side.

Leake (6-5), who beat the Marlins 5-0 on June 19 and had a 4-1 record and a 1.65 ERA in five career starts against the franchise entering Friday, was at his best yet again.

Rays 3, Astros 1

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- Erasmo Ramirez has quietly become a reliable winner in the Rays' rotation, and Friday was no different, as he held Houston to one run in six innings on the way to a win for Tampa Bay at Tropicana Field.

Tampa Bay (44-45) came home from a 1-6 road trip, having dropped 15 of 18 overall, but got back on track with strong pitching. That started with Ramirez -- the Rays are 7-1 in his last eight starts -- and finished with the bullpen throwing three innings of scoreless one-hit relief.

Ramirez (8-3) held the Astros to one run on four hits in six innings, his ninth start this season allowing one run or less, one short of the major-league lead. The Rays scored two runs on RBI groundouts in the sixth to take the lead, adding a run in the seventh on a solo home run by Brandon Guyer.

Indians 5, A's 1

CLEVELAND -- Danny Salazar came within one out of his second career complete game, and Cleveland broke a 1-1 tie with a four-run rally with two outs in the sixth inning as the Indians extended their winning streak to four games with a victory over Oakland at Progressive Field.

The right-hander Salazar (8-4) gave up one unearned run on five hits. He struck out eight and walked one. He was removed from the game with two outs in the ninth inning after giving up a single to Ben Zobrist and hitting Billy Butler.

Cody Allen relieved Salazar and retired Ike Davis on an infield popup to pick up his 19th save.

Mets 4, Diamondbacks 2

NEW YORK -- Rookie right-hander Noah Syndergaard struck out a career-high 13 in eight dominant innings and New York provided him the support he needed by scoring all their runs in the first inning in a win over Arizona at Citi Field.

With their fifth victory in seven games, the Mets ensured they would reach the All-Star break with a winning record. The Diamondbacks, who lost for just the second time in seven games, were trying to move ablve .500 for the first time since April 22.

Syndergaard (4-4) allowed one run and four hits and walked two. He has given up one run or less in four of his last five starts, a stretch in which he has a 1.97 ERA and has struck out 38 batters in 32 innings.

Angels 7, Mariners 3

SEATTLE -- Mike Trout and C.J. Cron both hit two home runs and Los Angeles starter Hector Santiago cooled off Seattle's bats.

Trout went 3-for-5 while driving in four runs, hitting his 25th and 26th homers of the season in the process. Cron has five homers, four of which came in the eight games played since his June 28 recall.

Santiago (6-4) held the Mariners to one run and eight hits in seven innings. Seattle produced three hits and a run in the first inning but never had a runner get past second base in his final six innings.

Dodgers 3, Brewers 2

LOS ANGELES -- Joc Pederson drove in the go-ahead run with an RBI double in the seventh inning and Los Angeles rallied past Milwaukee.

Andre Ethier's two-run single in the seventh tied the score at 2 before Pederson followed with the winner. Chin-hui Tsao picked up his first major league win in eight years and Kenley Jansen pitched a 1-2-3 ninth for his 15th save in 16 chances.

White Sox 1, Cubs 0

CHICAGO -- Emilio Bonifacio broke a scoreless tie in the eighth inning, scoring on J.B. Shuck's one-out sacrifice liner as the White Sox beat the Cubs 1-0.

The White Sox took the opener of the three-game interleague city series in front of an announced crowd of 41,530 at Wrigley Field on a sun-kissed afternoon featuring temperatures in the mid-70s.

The victory was the third straight and eighth in 10 games for the White Sox. The Cubs dropped their second in a row.

Orioles 3, Nationals 2

BALTIMORE -- Jonathan Schoop hit a solo homer with two outs in the bottom of the ninth inning off right-hander Tanner Roark to lift Baltimore to a walk-off victory over Washington.

Schoop lined a homer to left field on a 2-2 pitch from Roark for the first walk-off homer of his young career. The Orioles snapped a three-game losing streak and won for the first time in 2015 when trailing after seven innings.

The Nationals scored twice in the fifth to take a 2-1 lead, which they held until Baltimore tied it in the eighth.

Rangers 4, Padres 3

ARLINGTON, Texas -- Prince Fielder and Adrian Beltre hit back-to-back home runs and Texas made the lead stand up against San Diego.

The Rangers snapped a five-game skid overall and an eight-game losing streak at Globe Life Park. The Padres have lost a season high six straight games.

Texas led 2-0 in the fourth before Fielder hit his 14th homer of the season and Beltre followed with his seventh -- but the first since May 25.

Royals 3, Blue Jays 0

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Eric Hosmer stroked four hits and Danny Duffy combined with three relievers on a six-hit shutout as Kansas City won its sixth straight game.

Hosmer's four-hit game was his first since July 1, 2014, and raised his average to .292. Salvador Perez led off the eighth with his 15th home run, a shot off reliever Ryan Tepera.

Duffy allowed four singles in six innings to pick up the victory. Greg Holland worked the ninth for his 18th save.

Giants 15, Phillies 2

SAN FRANCISCO -- Hunter Pence capped an eight-run explosion against Philadelphia ace Cole Hamels in the fourth inning with a grand slam, powering San Francisco Giants in the opener of a three-game series.

Joe Panik, Matt Duffy and Justin Maxwell banged out four hits apiece, and center fielder Angel Pagan chipped in with three as the Giants set a team record for most hits in game at AT&T Park with 22 against five Phillies pitchers. All-Star left-hander Madison Bumgarner was the beneficiary of the offensive onslaught and contributed to it with two singles and an RBI.

Tokens
MLB
Dunkel

Saturday, July 11

Arizona @ NY Mets

Game 901-902
July 11, 2015 @ 4:10 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Arizona
(Corbin) 16.549
NY Mets
(Harvey) 15.374
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Arizona
by 1
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
NY Mets
6 1/2
Dunkel Pick:
Arizona
(+145); Under

Atlanta @ Colorado

Game 903-904

Dunkel Rating:
Atlanta
(Wisler) 16.463
Colorado
(DeLaRosa) 15.309
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Atlanta
by 1
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Colorado
Dunkel Pick:
Atlanta
(+125); Under

Cincinnati @ Miami

Game 905-906

Dunkel Rating:
Cincinnati
(Iglesias) 16.427
Miami
(Conley) 12.640
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Cincinnati
by 4
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Miami
7 1/2
Dunkel Pick:
Cincinnati
(+100); Over

St. Louis @ Pittsburgh

Game 907-908
July 11, 2015 @ 7:15 pm

Dunkel Rating:
St. Louis
(Lackey) 17.045
Pittsburgh
(Burnett) 15.622
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
St. Louis
by 1 1/2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Pittsburgh
6 1/2
Dunkel Pick:
St. Louis
(+110); Over

Philadelphia @ San Francisco

Game 909-910
July 11, 2015 @ 10:05 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Philadelphia
(Buchanan) 12.946
San Francisco
(Vogelsong) 17.374
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
San Francisco
by 4 1/2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
San Francisco
Dunkel Pick:
San Francisco
(-205); Under

Milwaukee @ LA Dodgers

Game 911-912
July 11, 2015 @ 10:10 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Milwaukee
(Jungmnn) 12.933
LA Dodgers
(Beachy) 17.363
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
LA Dodgers
by 4 1/2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
LA Dodgers
No Line
N/A
Dunkel Pick:
LA Dodgers
N/A

Toronto @ Kansas City

Game 913-914
July 11, 2015 @ 2:10 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Toronto
(Buehrle) 13.766
Kansas City
(Young) 15.637
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Kansas City
by 2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Kansas City
Dunkel Pick:
Kansas City
(-110); Under

Detroit @ Minnesota

Game 915-916
July 11, 2015 @ 4:05 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Detroit
(Simon) 14.548
Minnesota
(Hughes) 16.919
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Minnesota
by 2 1/2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Minnesota
Dunkel Pick:
Minnesota
(-135); Under

Houston @ Tampa Bay

Game 917-918

Dunkel Rating:
Houston
(Keuchel) 15.637
Tampa Bay
(Odorizzi) 17.779
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Tampa Bay
by 2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Houston
Dunkel Pick:
Tampa Bay
(+105); Under

Oakland @ Cleveland

Game 919-920
July 11, 2015 @ 6:35 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Oakland
(Bassitt) 16.417
Cleveland
(Carrasco) 15.309
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Oakland
by 1
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Cleveland
7 1/2
Dunkel Pick:
Oakland
(+145); Under

NY Yankees @ Boston

Game 921-922

Dunkel Rating:
NY Yankees
(Nova) 18.591
Boston
(Rodriguez) 13.101
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
NY Yankees
by 5 1/2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Boston
Dunkel Pick:
NY Yankees
(+125); Under

LA Angels @ Seattle

Game 923-924
July 11, 2015 @ 10:10 pm

Dunkel Rating:
LA Angels
(Wilson) 16.311
Seattle
(Iwakuma) 14.748
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
LA Angels
by 1 1/2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Seattle
7 1/2
Dunkel Pick:
LA Angels
(-105); Under

Chicago White Sox @ Chicago Cubs

Game 925-926
July 11, 2015 @ 4:05 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Chicago White Sox
(Sale) 17.548
Chicago Cubs
(Lester) 16.040
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Chicago White Sox
by 1 1/2
5 1/2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Chicago Cubs
No Run Total
Dunkel Pick:
Chicago White Sox
(-110); N/A

Washington @ Baltimore

Game 927-928

Dunkel Rating:
Washington
(Zimmrmnn) 16.622
Baltimore
(Gonzalez) 14.930
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Washington
by 1 1/2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Baltimore
No Line
N/A
Dunkel Pick:
Washington
N/A

San Diego @ Texas

Game 929-930
July 11, 2015 @ 9:05 pm

Dunkel Rating:
San Diego
(Shields) 16.549
Texas
(Lewis) 15.045
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
San Diego
by 1 1/2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Texas
8 1/2
Dunkel Pick:
San Diego
(+100); Over

Tokens
Diamond Trends - Saturday

July 11, 2015

SU TREND OF THE DAY:

-- The Cubs are 13-0 SU since Jun 13, 2010 as a favorite after a home game vs a team that has won at least their last three games.

PITCHER TREND OF THE DAY:

-- When Patrick Corbin starts the Diamondbacks are 9-0 since April 12, 2013 vs a team that has won at least their last two games for a net profit of $1062.

MLB BIBLE ACTIVE TREND:

-- The Rays are 12-0 (+$1,440) since 2006 following a game where they had at least three runs on no more than four hits, if they are not on a 7+ game winning streak.

CHOICE TREND:

-- The Mets are 11-0 SU since Jul 13, 2014 as a 140+ favorite when they are off a win in which they came back from a deficit.

ACTIVE TRENDS:

-- The Indians are 0-10 OU (-3.45 ppg) since Jul 12, 2014 at home vs a team that has lost at least their last two games and it is not the first game of a series.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
byen17188
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com