Cnotes Sports Page For Wednesday July 22nd Best Bets-Trends-News !

Search

Tokens
Preview: Dodgers (53-41) at Braves (44-49)
Game: 3
Venue: Turner Field
Date: July 22, 2015 12:10 PM EDT

Now would be an ideal time for Mike Bolsinger to break his spotty road form and pitch deep into a contest.

Bolsinger looks to give the overworked Los Angeles Dodgers bullpen a rest in a bid to avoid a three-game sweep by the Atlanta Braves on Wednesday.

Bolsinger (4-3, 3.04 ERA) is winless in his last seven starts overall and 0-1 with a 3.18 ERA in seven outings on the road. Despite the solid ERA, the right-hander has not been one for long appearances outside Dodger Stadium - Bolsinger has failed to pitch more than six innings in those seven games partly because he has averaged 16.4 pitches per inning.

His short outing Friday night at Nationals Park, however, was beyond his control. He pitched four innings around a delay due to a power outage and gave up one run and two hits in a suspended 5-3 defeat eventually completed Saturday.

"An hour and 20 minutes, realistically, that's a long time to be sitting around doing nothing," Bolsinger told MLB's official website after getting his last two outs following the first of two delays. "You start stiffening up. With me getting older nowadays - I'm not 21 years old - you start feeling things."

While the Dodgers bullpen can usually count on All-Stars Clayton Kershaw and Zack Greinke for a breather, they've been busy at Turner Field. The relievers pitched 5 1-3 innings of one-run relief after Brett Anderson suffered an Achilles injury in Tuesday night's 4-3 loss and logged 9 1-3 overall in the two defeats after finishing up weekend victories at Washington by Kershaw and Greinke by only pitching the ninth.

Bolsinger's lone start versus the Braves on July 5, 2014, was a disaster as they tagged him for seven runs and 10 hits over 3 2-3 innings. He'll have to contend with Nick Markakis and Chris Johnson, who are a combined 7 for 12 with four extra-base hits and five RBIs in this series.

Atlanta (45-49) has won 10 of its last 14 at home, with its starters going 8-3 with a 2.56 ERA after Alex Wood allowed three runs and grinded through 6 2-3 innings Tuesday. Julio Teheran (6-4, 4.53) contributed two of those victories by conceding an unearned run in 14 innings, but he was upset manager Fredi Gonzalez pulled him in the fifth Friday against the Chicago Cubs with the score tied at 2 after yielding five hits and three walks.

"I was surprised because I was competing right there and that's what I can do when I got in trouble like I did in the first inning," said Teheran, who only threw 54 of his 90 pitches for strikes, to MLB's official website.

Teheran has gotten into plenty of trouble versus the Dodgers, going 0-3 with a 6.86 ERA in three starts. He was roughed up for a season-worst eight runs in four innings of an 8-0 road loss May 26.

Though Yasiel Puig is 4 for 6 with a homer versus Teheran, he may give way to Carl Crawford, who appeared as a pinch-runner and defensive replacement after being activated from the disabled list Tuesday.

Adrian Gonzalez - currently 10 for 20 with three homers and a double through five games of this 10-game road trip - is 4 for 9 with a homer and a double in this matchup.

Los Angeles has not lost three straight since June 15-17 against Texas.

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Dodgers at Braves
Mon, Jul 20 Final 5 to 7
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Dodgers at Braves
Tue, Jul 21 - Final 3 to 4
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 3
Dodgers at Braves
Wed, Jul 22 - 12:10PM EDT

Tokens
Preview: Mets (48-45) at Nationals (50-41)
Venue: Nationals Park
Date: July 22, 2015 12:35 PM EDT

The lights went out on Jordan Zimmermann's last start, but he's shut down the New York Mets' offense recently.

After his latest outing ended prematurely, Zimmermann looks to continue his dominance of the Mets as the Washington Nationals face rookie Noah Syndergaard for the first time Wednesday.

Zimmermann (8-5, 3.27 ERA) is 3-0 with a 1.99 ERA over his last five starts. He was cruising through Friday's outing, allowing two runs in four innings against the Los Angeles Dodgers before a bank of lights went out and forced his exit. The game would be suspended following a third delay and Washington (50-42) eventually won 5-3 the next day.

The right-hander is 5-0 with a 2.48 ERA in his last six starts against the Mets (49-45) - including three straight with a 0.47 ERA, yielding one run in six innings of a 2-1 home win April 8.

The Nationals are atop the NL East by two games on second-place New York after falling 7-2 Tuesday - their third loss in four games - and conclude this three-game set against Syndergaard (4-5, 3.05), who is 2-1 with a 1.55 ERA over his last four starts.

"He's just got it," Mets manager Terry Collins told MLB's official website. "He's figured it out. He's got a feel for what he's got to do now."

The right-hander, though, is 0-4 with a 4.73 ERA in six road starts. He's allowed three runs in 13 innings over his last two but has been backed by one run in each. That includes giving up two runs in seven innings of Friday's 3-2 defeat at St. Louis.

"He's just commanding the zone really well," catcher Kevin Plawecki said. "He's been able to throw those three pitches for strikes whenever he wants, and when he can do that and locate with all that stuff, it makes for a great outing."

The Mets went 5 for 15 with runners in scoring position Tuesday after going 4 for 72 over the previous nine games.

"We obviously need to score more runs and hit better with guys in scoring position, and we did that," said Eric Campbell, who drove in two runs with a pinch-hit single Tuesday.

Wilmer Flores had two singles and two RBIs Tuesday, giving him six hits in three games after going 5 for 30 over the eight prior.

Curtis Granderson is 9 for 27 with three extra-base hits in the past six games, including three hits in this series. He's still just 4 for 20 in five games at Washington this year and 3 for 16 lifetime against Zimmermann.

Wilson Ramos, whose two-run homer Tuesday accounted for Washington's offense, continues tormenting the Mets. His nine homers and 37 RBIs are his most against any opponent, his .340 average the highest versus any NL team and he's 7 for 19 in his last five games between the teams.

Bryce Harper - tied for the NL lead with 27 homers - hasn't been productive against the Mets this season, going 7 for 31 with 11 strikeouts. He's 0 for 5 with two runs, two walks and a hit by pitch in this series.

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Mets at Nationals
Mon, Jul 20 Final 2 to 7
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Mets at Nationals
Tue, Jul 21 - Final 7 to 2
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 3
Mets at Nationals
Wed, Jul 22 - 12:35PM EDT

Tokens
Preview: Cubs (49-42) at Reds (41-49)
Venue: Great American Ball Park
Date: July 22, 2015 12:35 PM EDT

While Cincinnati's Mike Leake is the caliber of pitcher the Chicago Cubs could acquire prior to next week's trade deadline, they might feel the recent call up of Kyle Schwarber is enough to give their middling offense a lift.

After the rookie catcher's bat helped the visiting Cubs even this series, they face Leake to open a split doubleheader against the Reds on Wednesday.

With Cincinnati closer Aroldis Chapman getting the night off, Schwarber belted a two-run tying homer off J.J. Hoover in the ninth, then hit a solo shot in the 13th of Tuesday's 5-4 victory. Schwarber, who grew up some 40 minutes from Cincinnati in Middletown, Ohio, is batting .410 (16 for 39) with three homers, 10 RBIs and a 1.183 OPS through his first 11 games.

'Now that it's here, it's just an awesome feeling to get to play in a ballpark in the major leagues,' said Schwarber, who was recalled for his second stint Friday in the wake of Miguel Montero's thumb injury. 'Now I have to do my job and earn my way on this team.'

Though the Cubs (50-42) might benefit from a veteran bat to help boost an offense that ranks near the bottom of the majors in batting (.239) and hitting with runners in scoring position (.228), they seem more content to rely on Schwarber, fellow rookie Kris Bryant and Anthony Rizzo to help remain a serious postseason contender.

Chicago has been linked to big-name pitching trade targets Cole Hamels and David Price, but Leake (7-5, 3.95 ERA) or someone as serviceable seems more realistic. The right-hander, who allowed his only run over 14 innings in winning his last two starts during Friday's 6-1 victory over Cleveland, expects to be dealt.

'It is more likely that I'll be traded than stay,' he said. 'It (stinks) that we've had the season we did but if I am traded, I'm eager to pitch for a winner.

"I don't think about being traded when I'm on the mound.'

He's posted a 4.74 ERA without a decision in three starts against the Cubs this season.

Chris Coghlan, who also homered Tuesday, is 9 for 13 with three doubles and two home runs against Leake. Rizzo is batting .370 (10 for 27) with two homers and two doubles against him and Bryant 3 for 5 with a double.

Chicago counters with Kyle Hendricks (4-4, 3.44), who has allowed one earned run while going 2-0 in his last four starts. That run came over 5 2-3 innings of a 4-2 loss at Atlanta on Friday.

Opposing Leake on June 13, the right-hander gave up a solo homer to Joey Votto in five innings while not factoring in the decision of Chicago's 4-3 win.

The Cubs called up Dallas Beeler (0-0, 3.60) from Triple-A Iowa to start the nightcap for his fourth career start in two seasons. In his lone 2015 appearance, Beeler gave up two runs in five-plus innings of a 5-3 win over St. Louis on July 7.

The right-hander yielded four runs, six hits and walked four in five innings of a 4-1 loss to Cincinnati (41-50) in 2014.

He'll square off against Tony Cingrani (0-3, 3.47), who will be activated from the disabled list he landed on June 15 with a strained shoulder. All 24 of the left-hander's appearances this year have come in relief.

The south suburban Chicago native went 1-2 with a 4.70 ERA in six starts against Chicago in 2013 and '14.

Votto is 8 for 16 in the last four games.

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Cubs at Reds
Mon, Jul 20 Final 4 to 5
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Cubs at Reds
Tue, Jul 21 -Final 5 to 4
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 3
Cubs at Reds
Wed, Jul 22 - 6:10PM EDT

Tokens
Preview: Rays (47-48) at Phillies (33-62)
Venue: Citizens Bank Park
Date: July 22, 2015 1:05 PM EDT

The Tampa Bay Rays want to show their road woes are a thing of the past. Their offensive struggles are ongoing.

The Rays look to take advantage of another matchup with the major league-worst Philadelphia Phillies and get to face a left-hander as they try to win a series on the road for the first time in a month Wednesday.

They would prefer getting that done behind a breakout performance from a lineup which has batted .191 and averaged 2.4 runs over the past nine games. Evan Longoria is hitless in 15 straight at-bats and cleanup man James Loney is in a 1-for-18 slump.

A homer by starting pitcher Nathan Karns was the only scoring Tuesday in a 1-0 victory that evened this series. Monday's 5-3 defeat was Tampa Bay's 10th in 12 road games after having a major league-best 21-11 road record through June 20.

A road series win for the Rays (48-48) before heading home seems very possible considering they're facing rookie southpaw Adam Morgan. They have won a club-record 11 consecutive games against left-handed starters, including victories over All-Stars Chris Sale and Dallas Keuchel.

Longoria is batting .444 against lefties since June 5.

Steven Souza Jr. has an .866 OPS against left-handers and .661 against righties. Souza, who leads Tampa Bay with 15 homers, came off the disabled list Tuesday (lacerated pinky) but struck out in all four at-bats. His 112 strikeouts are fourth-most in the majors.

Despite the offensive struggles, Tampa Bay has a 5-3 record since July 10 partly due to the bullpen's 1.01 ERA after four scoreless innings Tuesday.

"They've been pitching good all year and we really trust them," manager Kevin Cash said.

Morgan (1-2, 3.91 ERA) has pitched well since being called up last month, allowing two runs or fewer in three of four starts, and it appears his spot in the rotation is secure after starter David Buchanan was sent to the minors Monday.

Before that happened, Morgan was unsure if his job was safe. Jerome Williams comes off the disabled list this week, Aaron Harang is nearing a return and highly touted rookie Aaron Nola debuted Tuesday with six innings of one-run ball.

"I can't really worry about what everybody else is saying or thinking because it takes away from my game," Morgan said Friday after yielding two runs and four hits in 6 1-3 innings of a 6-3 victory over Miami.

He'll be opposed by Jake Odorizzi (5-6, 2.80), who looks to rebound from his worst performance of 2015. He held Toronto hitless for three innings Friday but recorded only four more outs, serving up two homers and getting tagged for six runs in a 6-2 loss.

Six days earlier, Odorizzi threw 5 2-3 scoreless innings to beat Houston in his return after missing a month with oblique tightness. However, he walked three batters that day and a season-high five on Friday.

"I felt good. My arm felt great, really fresh," Odorizzi said. "Just couldn't find a good release point early. The whole game I just kind of struggled with my stuff."

The Phillies (33-63) had been 4-0 since the All-Star break before losing Tuesday, getting shut out for the 11th time. Only San Diego has been blanked more (13).

Phillies rookie Maikel Franco could return after not starting for the first time since May 15 with a sore elbow. He's second on the team with 10 homers and 35 RBIs.

"For me, I'm ready to play," Franco told MLB's official website. "I know it's sore a little bit, but I can play like that."

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Rays at Phillies
Mon, Jul 20 Final 3 to 5
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Rays at Phillies
Tue, Jul 21 - Final 1 to 0
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 3
Rays at Phillies
Wed, Jul 22 - 1:05PM EDT

Tokens
Preview: Indians (44-47) at Brewers (41-52)
Game: 2
Venue: Miller Park
Date: July 22, 2015 2:10 PM EDT

Cody Anderson insists he's not concerned with personal statistics or a historic run to begin his career.

Instead, he'll focus Wednesday on trying to help the visiting Cleveland Indians end their lengthy slide against the surging Milwaukee Brewers.

After beginning the season at Double-A Akron, then going 1-1 with a 2.33 ERA in three starts for Triple-A Columbus, Anderson (2-1, 0.89 ERA) became the first pitcher since 1914 to last at least 6 2-3 innings and allow one or no runs in each of his first four career starts.

"I think, obviously, his confidence is very high," Indians manager Terry Francona told MLB's official website. "He's been pitching really well regardless of what level."

Taking the mound for the first time since July 9 when he allowed a homer and two other hits in 6 2-3 innings of a 3-1 victory over Houston, the right-hander won't get too caught up in the historical significance of his strong start.

'I'm not looking to have great numbers or anything,' said Anderson, who turns 25 in September. 'I'm just trying to win games. I've been doing this long enough now, not in the big leagues obviously but in the minor leagues, where you can block that out and go about your business.'

He faces a stiff test in Milwaukee (42-52), which has won 17 of 23 and outscored Pittsburgh and Cleveland 26-8 during a four-game winning streak.

"I think we're in a mood right now of, 'Let's play a good game (Wednesday)," Brewers manager Craig Counsell said after his team pulled within 10 games of .500 for the first time since it was 13-23 on May 15. "We've been doing good in that mode and I think that's the mode to stay in."

Matt Garza pitched six scoreless innings, Jean Segura had three hits with two RBIs and Gerardo Parra tripled twice as the Brewers beat the Indians for the eighth consecutive time, 8-1 on Tuesday.

Segura, batting .429 in his last 14 games, belted a two-run homer for his first extra-base hit since June 5 - a span of 192 plate appearances.

'It's one of those things,' Counsell said. 'He's got it in him for sure. He was happy. It's been a while since his last home run.'

Thriving as Milwaukee's leadoff hitter, Parra is batting .368 in 23 games at the top of the order and .390 with 13 RBIs in his last 27 overall.

"He's been a really important piece of our offense," Counsell said. "He's been excellent."

Though the Brewers have averaged 6.4 runs while winning a season-high five straight at home, Kyle Lohse (5-10, 6.17) is 3-6 with an 8.06 ERA in 10 starts at Miller Park. He ranks among the major league leaders with 13 of his 21 homers allowed coming at home.

The right-hander gave up two runs in five innings while not factoring in the decision of a 4-3 loss at Dodger Stadium on July 12. Counsell hopes that respectable outing will provide some confidence as Lohse faces the Indians (44-48) for the first time since 2012.

"It's something for him to build on, for sure," Counsell said.

Coming off his third straight two-hit contest, Cleveland All-Star Jason Kipnis is batting .411 with seven doubles during interleague play this season.

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Indians at Brewers
Tue, Jul 21 - Final 1 to 8
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Indians at Brewers
Wed, Jul 22 - 2:10PM EDT

Tokens
Preview: Mariners (42-51) at Tigers (46-46)
Venue: Comerica Park
Date: July 22, 2015 7:08 PM EDT

If the Seattle Mariners are going to make any kind of a run in the second half, they desperately need Robinson Cano to be the hitter he's been throughout his career.

Recent performances show he's moving in that direction.

Cano and the Mariners will try to deal Detroit Tigers right-hander Anibal Sanchez his first loss in over six weeks Wednesday night.

With Cano on pace for the worst season of his career, it's no surprise the Mariners (43-51) have struggled to score. They are 14th in the AL in runs and last in batting average, with that punchless offense offsetting a solid starting rotation and its 3.85 ERA.

Cano is expected to be the offensive leader, but he's third on the team in RBIs (36) and tied for fourth in home runs (9). His current .260 average would be the worst of his 11-year career, during which he's hit over .300 eight times.

The second baseman seems to have found his stroke, though, going 8 for 15 with three homers and six RBIs in his last four games. Cano is batting .308 with seven home runs and 17 RBIs over his past 30 contests after hitting .237 with two home runs and 19 RBIs in his first 61.

He's hit .441 with three homers in eight games against Detroit (46-47) since the start of 2014.

Offense wasn't a problem Tuesday for the Mariners, who had 14 hits and matched their season high in runs with a wild 11-9 victory. Franklin Gutierrez had a pinch-hit grand slam and Nelson Cruz added his 22nd home run as Seattle rallied with five in the eighth after blowing a 5-1 lead.

Cano went 3 for 4 with two runs and will face Sanchez for the second time this month. He was 1 for 4 in a 5-4 loss at Safeco Field on July 8 and is 3 for 11 lifetime in this matchup.

Sanchez (9-7, 4.55 ERA) has gone 6-0 with a 2.86 ERA in seven starts since his last loss June 3. He worked in and out of trouble for six innings Friday in a 7-3 victory over Baltimore, allowing two runs and eight hits. Sanchez has yielded only one home run - a two-run shot to Seattle's Dustin Ackley - in his last three starts spanning 19 2-3 innings.

He overcame a season-high five walks over 6 1-3 innings to beat Seattle and has a 2.89 ERA in three career meetings with the Mariners.

Seth Smith is 6 for 19 with two homers and a double against Sanchez.

Detroit lost for the sixth time in eight games despite home runs from J.D. Martinez, Yoenis Cespedes and Nick Castellanos and fell 10 1/2 games back in the Central.

'At the beginning of the season, we expected better than this, but we are where we are,' shortstop Andrew Romine said. 'We're still a good team and there is a long way to go. I've seen teams come back from farther than we are right now, and that's how we have to think about this.'

Martinez's homer was his 14th in 24 games, a stretch in which he's batting .337 with 27 RBIs.

He'll get his first look at rookie Mike Montgomery (4-3, 2.51), who is 3-0 with a 1.69 ERA in his first four road starts. The left-hander allowed three runs and struck out nine over six innings at Yankee Stadium on Friday before leaving without a decision in a 4-3 loss.

Montgomery's ERA is the fourth-lowest of any Mariners pitcher through his first nine career starts.

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Mariners at Tigers
Mon, Jul 20 Final 4 to 5
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Mariners at Tigers
Tue, Jul 21 Final 11 to 9
Boxscores

GAME 3
Mariners at Tigers
Wed, Jul 22 - 7:08PM EDT

GAME 4
Mariners at Tigers
Thu, Jul 23 - 1:08PM EDT

Tokens
Preview: Orioles (46-45) at Yankees (50-41)
Venue: Yankee Stadium
Date: July 22, 2015 7:05 PM EDT

The New York Yankees have some ugly numbers at the plate against the Baltimore Orioles' Kevin Gausman.

The problem for Gausman is that he enters Wednesday night's outing mired in a winless stretch of 10 straight starts.

He'll return from the minors and try to help the Orioles even this three-game series against a Yankees team expected to make some lineup changes from their victory in the opener.

Gausman (1-1, 5.00 ERA) is 1-0 with a 1.59 ERA against the Yankees in three starts - all last year. He gave up two runs and recorded two outs in a relief appearance the lone time he saw them this year in a 4-3 victory April 14.

New York (51-41) is batting .217 against the right-hander. Jacoby Ellsbury is 1 for 10 against him, Stephen Drew is hitless in eight at-bats, Mark Teixeira is 1 for 8 and Brian McCann 1 for 7.

Gausman, though, is 0-4 with a 3.90 ERA in his 10-start winless streak, including 0-1 with a 5.40 ERA in three this year after getting drilled for a career-high eight runs in 3 2-3 innings July 7 in an 8-3 defeat at Minnesota. He was sent down to Triple-A Norfolk the next day and will be recalled to make this start.

Drew and Carlos Beltran will likely be back in the Yankees lineup after both sat out against left-hander Wei-Yin Chen in Tuesday's 3-2 victory. Beltran went 1 for 2 on Sunday in his first game since June 30 after a stint on the disabled list with a strained left oblique.

Drew's replacement at second base, Brendan Ryan, hit a tiebreaking RBI double in the sixth inning in New York's seventh win in nine games. Ryan spent two extended stints on the disabled list this season and has made just four starts, with an RBI in three of them.

"It's been very frustrating for me that I cannot prove my value," he said.

Teixeira doubled twice to improve to 7 for 12 in his last three games and 13 for 39 in the season series, with the Yankees taking six of 11.

Yankees starter Ivan Nova (1-3, 3.42) has posted a 4.76 ERA in dropping three straight starts for the first time in his career. He was charged with four runs in 6 2-3 innings in a 5-3 loss at Boston on July 11.

The right-hander is 5-3 with a 5.17 ERA in 12 career starts against the Orioles. Matt Wieters is 11 for 31 with four homers against him and Chris Davis is 8 for 24 with three while Manny Machado has struggled with a single in 14 at-bats.

Machado went 0 for 3 on Tuesday after batting .385 in the first 10 games against the Yankees. Wieters and J.J. Hardy had the club's RBIs.

Baltimore (46-46) was left lamenting the fact that Wieters was caught in a rundown for the final out in the sixth inning after Hardy tied the game and that Chris Parmelee's long fly ball in the seventh with a runner in scoring position was run down by center fielder Ellsbury.

"It's just a fine line against good teams like them," manager Buck Showalter said.

Davis is 8 for 42 with two homers and 21 strikeouts against New York.

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Orioles at Yankees
Tue, Jul 21 Final 2 to 3
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Orioles at Yankees
Wed, Jul 22 - 7:05PM EDT

GAME 3
Orioles at Yankees
Thu, Jul 23 - 1:05PM EDT

Tokens
Preview: Cardinals (58-34) at White Sox (42-48)
Venue: U.S. Cellular Field
Date: July 22, 2015 8:10 PM EDT

The St. Louis Cardinals' lackluster run support for Lance Lynn didn't end after the All-Star break, but he hasn't needed too much assistance lately.

Lynn will seek his fifth win in six decisions Wednesday night while helping St. Louis sweep its two-game series against the Chicago White Sox.

Lynn headed into the break with the seventh-lowest run support average in the majors among qualifying starters (2.90) and got two runs in seven innings in his second-half opener Friday against the New York Mets. The right-hander allowed a leadoff homer and two singles while striking out nine in a 3-2 victory, improving to 4-1 with a 1.90 ERA in his seven starts since the beginning of June.

"When you're out there pitching, you don't think about offense. You try to think about making sure (the other team doesn't) score," Lynn said. "If they don't score, you can't lose. That's plain and simple. I gave up a run in the first and they picked me up later in the game. It worked out well."

Lynn (7-5, 2.79 ERA) gave up one run in six innings against the White Sox on June 30, but the Cardinals lost 2-1 in 11 innings, part of Chicago's two-game sweep in St. Louis. He's 1-0 with a 0.68 ERA in two lifetime matchups.

St. Louis (59-34) now has a chance to return the favor following an 8-5 victory Tuesday. Matt Holliday's fourth-inning grand slam - in his fourth game since returning from a strained right quad - gave the Cardinals enough cushion and top prospect Stephen Piscotty went 1 for 4 in his major league debut.

"It was great to see him hit a ball like he can," manager Mike Matheny said. "We just like having him back on our club. He's just a big piece."

Piscotty will try to add to his hit total against John Danks (5-8, 4.98), who will face St. Louis for the first time in his nine seasons.

The left-hander has pitched six or more scoreless innings in two of his last three outings and went six in a 2-0 win over Kansas City on Friday.

Tyler Saladino will try to provide Danks with some support while improving on his .355 average (11 for 31) in his first eight major league games. The third baseman homered for the second straight contest and went 3 for 5 on Tuesday.

Chicago (42-49) has dropped five of six after winning nine of 12, beginning with the two games in St. Louis.

"I thought we were playing well right before the break," manager Robin Ventura said. "It's frustrating when it starts going the other way, but these guys continue to play hard and grind. You've got to be able to turn it back around."

The White Sox will try to avoid their first four-game home losing streak since Aug. 18-26.

Cardinals third baseman Matt Carpenter was dropped to seventh in the batting order for the first time since April 2013 on Tuesday. Carpenter, who had led off or batted second this season, went 2 for 5 after entering the game hitting .158 (9 for 57) in July.

'You try to find him a spot in the lineup where he can get comfortable,' Matheny said. 'Part of it is trying to do something a little bit different to try to get Carp rolling because we like it when he gets locked.'

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Cardinals at White Sox
Tue, Jul 21 Final 8 to 5
Boxscores

GAME 2
Cardinals at White Sox
Wed, Jul 22 - 8:10PM EDT

Tokens
Preview: Pirates (54-38) at Royals (55-36)
Venue: Ewing M. Kauffman Stadium

Edinson Volquez played a significant role in getting Pittsburgh to the playoffs last season, but his final start for the Pirates was an uninspiring performance in a wild-card loss.

Now with the Kansas City Royals, Volquez will see his former team for the first time since that game Wednesday night.

Volquez went 9-1 with a 1.85 ERA in his final 17 regular-season starts for the Pirates, but he gave up five runs in five-plus innings in an 8-0 wild-card defeat to San Francisco. He was 13-7 with a career-best 3.04 ERA in 32 games with Pittsburgh before signing a two-year, $20 million deal with Kansas City in the offseason.

Volquez (8-5, 3.28 ERA) has a 2.16 ERA in his last three games, but his winless stretch reached four with a 2-0 defeat to the Chicago White Sox on Friday. He yielded two runs in 6 1-3 innings in his first loss in eight games since June 5 and was hit three times by line drives.

"I thought, actually, Volquez had his best stuff that he's had, especially in his last few starts," manager Ned Yost told MLB's official website.

The right-hander will try to help the Royals win their three-game series over Pittsburgh following a 3-1 victory Tuesday. Kansas City (56-36) had three hits in their first seven innings against Gerrit Cole, but Jarrod Dyson snapped a scoreless tie with a two-run single off the MLB wins leader in the eighth.

The Royals will face Charlie Morton (6-3, 4.34) in their attempt at a 12th win in 15 games and ninth in 11 home contests.

Morton lost to Milwaukee on Friday, giving up four runs in six innings in a 4-1 defeat. He's 1-3 with an 8.03 ERA in his last five starts after going 5-0 with a 1.62 ERA in his first five.

The Pirates (54-39) had won 10 of 11 in interleague play, including six straight on the road, before losing Tuesday. It was their fourth defeat in five games since the All-Star break after previously winning 11 of 13.

Kansas City was batting .320 in its 12 games before that victory but was held to six hits. The Royals had totaled 13 or more hits in three in a row, including a 10-7 loss in Monday's series opener. They've played the last 10 games without Alex Gordon, going 7-3 while batting .298 and averaging 4.9 runs, and likely won't have him until the season's final month.

Dyson and Paulo Orlando have split time in left field in his place. It appears the lefty-hitting Dyson will get a third straight start with Pittsburgh starting another right-hander. Orlando hasn't played in this series but is 5 for 15 with two homers and five RBIs in his last four games.

"Both guys have played great defense and got some clutch hits for us," manager Ned Yost said. "They've been key base hits in key situations."

Volquez, 2-0 in three interleague starts, is facing Pittsburgh for the first time since Aug. 20, 2012. He's 2-0 with a 4.18 ERA in nine lifetime matchups.

Morton lost his only start against Kansas City in 2009.

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Pirates at Royals
Mon, Jul 20 Final 10 to 7
Boxscores

GAME 2
Pirates at Royals
Tue, Jul 21 Final 1 to 3
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 3
Pirates at Royals

Tokens
Preview: Red Sox (42-51) at Astros (51-43)
Venue: Minute Maid Park

A rare rainout in Anaheim scrambled the rotation of the stumbling Boston Red Sox.

Now it's possible that city will haunt them again since they have been forced to call up a struggling Anaheim native to face the team with baseball's most homers.

Joe Kelly makes his first big-league start in nearly a month as the visiting Red Sox look to end a six-game slide and even this three-game set against the power-hitting Houston Astros.

Boston (42-52) had its game Sunday in Anaheim rained out, forcing a doubleheader Monday in which it was swept by the Los Angeles Angels. With the rotation in flux as a result, the club will recall Kelly (2-5, 5.67 ERA) - coincidentally born in Anaheim - from Triple-A Pawtucket for his first start since June 23.

The right-hander went 0-2 with a 6.91 ERA in his last six road starts for Boston. He was 1-1 with a 2.84 ERA in four outings in his stint with Pawtucket, and manager John Farrell hopes that Kelly has fixed his woes.

"There has been, last time out, almost the tale of two performances inside of one game where he was dominant the first couple of innings and then some foul balls, high pitch counts after that," Farrell said. "There's been more of an effort and emphasis on throwing the ball in to right-handers and using both sides of the plate."

Kelly's task isn't easy since Houston (52-43) has drilled 129 homers. He was ripped for seven runs and two homers over four innings in his lone career start against the Astros, an 8-1 loss Aug. 17.

He was opposed that day by Collin McHugh (10-5, 4.35), who yielded one run over six innings to earn the victory in his first career start against the Red Sox. McHugh then gave up four runs in 5 1-3 innings in a 6-1 defeat at Boston on July 4.

His line was not impressive Friday but good enough for a 3-2 victory over Texas in which the right-hander allowed one run and matched a career high with 11 hits - all singles.

Chris Carter hit a two-run homer in Tuesday's 8-3 victory in his return to the lineup after missing two games with a sprained right ankle. The slugger was in an 0-for-20 slump before a single in the fifth inning that was his first hit since July 3.

"The whole time I was just thinking about my at-bats and hitting and everything and wanting to be out there and just try to get everything right," he said. "So when I got back out there I could help the team."

Rookie Carlos Correa doubled and drove in two runs. He is 8 for 20 in a six-game hitting streak.

Second baseman Jose Altuve went 2 for 3 to improve to 20 for 51 (.392) with 14 runs scored during a 14-game hitting streak at home.

Boston second baseman Dustin Pedroia is 0 for 18 in five games after missing 16 due to a right hamstring strain.

The Red Sox seek to avoid matching their season-high, seven-game slide from June 9-15.

Boston, Cleveland and Tampa Bay are the only AL teams the Astros have yet to capture a series against since joining the league in 2013.

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Red Sox at Astros
Tue, Jul 21 Final 3 to 8
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Red Sox at Astros

GAME 3
Red Sox at Astros
Thu, Jul 23 - 8:10PM EDT

Tokens
Preview: Giants (50-44) at Padres (44-50)
Venue: PETCO Park
Date: July 22, 2015 3:40 PM EDT

The San Francisco Giants are one of the best offensive teams in the majors but they've been particularly impressive of late.

James Shields experienced that himself recently.

The Giants will try to get the best of Shields again as they go for an eighth win in nine tries Wednesday against the San Diego Padres.

San Francisco (50-44) is fourth in the majors with a .271 average but is hitting .330 with nine homers and averaging 6.8 runs over the last eight games.

The Giants connected for three homers to back Chris Heston's 7 1-3 scoreless innings in a 9-3 win Tuesday that ended San Diego's season-high five-game winning streak.

The Padres (44-50) are looking for Shields (8-3, 3.92 ERA) to slow down San Francisco. However, he had his worst performance of the season in a 13-8 loss to the NL West rival on June 25, giving up seven runs and nine hits in four-plus innings.

He allowed one run in 16 innings while winning his two prior matchups, including a 10-2 victory at Petco Park on April 11.

Shields is 2-1 with a 2.33 ERA in his last six home starts. The right-hander yielded one run and seven hits with six strikeouts and four walks in five innings of Friday's 4-2 win over Colorado. He had been 0-3 with a 4.79 ERA over his previous seven starts overall.

"I didn't have my best stuff," Shields said. "It was one of those games we had to grind it out. I made pitches when I needed to and I got out of jams when I needed to."

The Giants will counter with Matt Cain (1-1, 5.06), who hopes to show some consistency in his fourth start after being out a year recovering from elbow surgery and a forearm flexor strain.

He struck out seven in six innings of a 3-0 win over the New York Mets on July 7, but returned from the All-Star break to allow four runs and eight hits in five innings in a 6-5 win in 12 at Arizona on Friday.

"I don't know exactly where I am right now," Cain said. "I've been around, but I've never missed the first half of the season. I don't want to give myself that leeway, but it kind of is the first month for me. I can't think about it that way. I've got to worry about pitching and getting guys out, making really good pitches and limiting the big mistakes, go about it that way."

Cain has a 2.04 ERA over his last 10 starts at Petco but he's 3-5 since he was backed by one run or fewer in six games. He got no help at all while losing all three meetings with the Padres last year, including two on the road with a 1.35 ERA.

Hector Sanchez may get another start in place of All-Star catcher Buster Posey after hitting a grand slam Tuesday.

Posey is 1 for 10 versus Shields but 14 for 29 (.483) with seven RBIs in his last seven games. His 38 RBIs on the road lead the majors and he's a .336 hitter at Petco.

The Padres could use a bounce-back performance from Matt Kemp, who went 0 for 2 Tuesday after going 14 for 31 with four homers and 10 RBIs in his previous eight games.

He's 4 for 13 with three homers and a double off Cain the past two years.

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Giants at Padres
Mon, Jul 20 Final 2 to 4
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Giants at Padres
Tue, Jul 21 Final 9 to 3
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 3
Giants at Padres
Wed, Jul 22 - 3:40PM EDT

Tokens
Preview: Rangers (44-49) at Rockies (40-52)
Venue: Coors Field
Date: July 22, 2015 3:10 PM EDT

Shin-Soo Choo pounds the Colorado Rockies, especially at Coors Field.

Choo looks to build upon his best hitting display of the season as the Texas Rangers go for back-to-back wins over Colorado on Wednesday.

A career .350 hitter against the Rockies, Choo is 16 for 30 with eight extra-base hits in 10 games in Colorado. The right fielder got his first career cycle Tuesday, collecting three RBIs and scoring three runs in a 9-0 win for Texas' third victory in 13 games.

Choo is 11 for 22 with four homers and seven RBIs in his last seven road games but is batting a career-worst .235 overall.

"He has had some challenges this year, and he has answered a lot of them," manager Jeff Banister told MLB's official website. "To see him end the night the way he has, his teammates cheering him on and yelling for him to go to third, it was great to see."

He wasn't the only Ranger with four hits Tuesday as rookie Delino DeShields set a career high and came up a homer shy of his own cycle after striking out in the ninth.

"I was talking to (Banister) and I said, 'It would be kind of cool if we both get it,'" said DeShields, who had two RBIs. "He said, 'Don't try to. If it happens, it happens.' My last at-bat I should have taken a chance; I didn't. I was beating myself up about it. We got the win. That's all that matters."

Prince Fielder homered and singled, giving him a .429 average in his past nine at Coors. His .341 season average is behind only Detroit's Miguel Cabrera (.350) in the AL.

The Rangers (44-49) are giving Martin Perez (0-1, 5.40 ERA) his second start since undergoing Tommy John surgery. The left-hander allowed three runs and nine hits in five innings of a 3-2 loss at Houston on Friday in his first outing since May 10, 2014.

"He had good angle and good movement on his fastball and the velocity with it," Banister said. "The velocity was up to 94 (mph) ... his breaking ball was sharp."

Perez gave up five runs, including two-run homers to Troy Tulowitzki and Nolan Arenado, in five innings of an 8-2 road loss in his only start against Colorado on May 5, 2014.

Tulowitzki's streak of reaching base was snapped at 41 games Tuesday.

"I think this will make me a better player because I think I was better," said Tulowitzki, who homered in three of the previous four games. "Hopefully I can be into every single pitch and pretend like something is on the line."

The Rockies (40-52) have dropped three of four with a 5.29 ERA and will turn to Jorge De La Rosa (6-4, 4.30), who has a 2.17 ERA over his last five starts. His only loss in that span came Friday at San Diego, giving up three runs on two homers in five innings of a 4-2 loss.

De La Rosa is 2-0 with a 3.00 ERA in two starts against the Rangers. He's held Choo hitless in seven at-bats and Fielder to 3 for 14.

De La Rosa may not have to contend with Josh Hamilton since Banister is looking to rest him ahead of Thursday's open date due to a nagging hamstring and groin. Texas faces the Angels on Friday in the slugger's return to Los Angeles after being traded away two months ago.

Banister knows Hamilton, 1 for 10 in the series, wants to play as much as possible.

"The rhythm of the game, the routine of the game, those are all important for everyday players," Banister said. "It's tough to play a couple of days and have any feel or rhythm for the game."

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Rangers at Rockies
Mon, Jul 20 Final 7 to 8
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Rangers at Rockies
Tue, Jul 21 Final 9 to 0
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 3
Rangers at Rockies
Wed, Jul 22 - 3:10PM EDT

Tokens
Preview: Marlins (39-55) at Diamondbacks (43-49)
Venue: Chase Field
Date: July 22, 2015 9:40 PM EDT

It's clear that the Miami Marlins are being careful with hard-throwing Jose Fernandez as he works his way back from Tommy John surgery.

The Arizona Diamondbacks' Robbie Ray is also known for his fastball, though the youngster is proving he is open to using the rest of his repertoire as well.

These talented youngsters will meet for the first time Wednesday night in the finale of a three-game set at Chase Field.

The 22-year-old Fernandez (2-0, 2.37 ERA) has made three starts since returning from Tommy John surgery, totaling 21 strikeouts against one walk. The right-hander was pulled after 70 pitches Friday and charged with two runs in six innings with six strikeouts in a 6-3 defeat at Philadelphia.

"I just tried to give my team a chance to win every time out, and I'm glad I'm healthy again," he said.

That outing marked his first road start. Fernandez is 7-1 with a 1.46 ERA in 11 career starts after the All-Star break.

The 23-year-old Ray (3-4, 2.29) has yielded two runs or fewer in seven of nine outings, including a five-inning stint Friday in which he gave up that many and struck out a career-best eight in a 6-5, 12-inning loss to San Francisco.

The left-hander threw 72 of 99 pitches for strikes, saying he is starting to not exclusively rely on his fastball, which averages 93.3 mph. He throws the fastball 73.0 percent of the time - 64.3 percent when he's ahead in the count and 83.1 when he's behind.

"I'm mixing in the slider and changeup more than I have and that was working for me as long as I was keeping it down in the zone," Ray said.

Ray has never faced the Marlins (39-55) or any of their hitters. Miami may be eager to face Ray since it is batting an NL-best .279 against left-handers. Shortstop Adeiny Hechavarria has a .386 average against southpaws to rank among baseball's best.

Fernandez's lone career outing against Arizona was a 3-1 defeat in which he gave up two runs in 7 1-3 innings in 2013.

Diamondbacks slugger Paul Goldschmidt went 0 for 3 against him in that contest as the two will meet again in what figures to be the game's most intriguing matchup. Goldschmidt is batting .341 to lead the league, with injured Miami leadoff hitter Dee Gordon second at .338.

Another well-pitched game figures to be on tap after these clubs split the first two games. Arizona (43-49) got seven strong innings from Rubby De La Rosa to win 3-1 on Monday before Miami ended slides of four straight and eight in a row on the road the next night as Mat Latos struck out seven in seven innings in a 3-0 victory.

Arizona center fielder A.J. Pollock went 2 for 4 on Tuesday and has reached base safely in 17 straight games. He is hitting .319 with 13 runs scored in that run.

Miami outfielder Christian Yelich is 4 for 8 in this series and 11 for 28 over a seven-game hitting streak.

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Marlins at Diamondbacks
Mon, Jul 20 Final 1 to 3
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Marlins at Diamondbacks
Tue, Jul 21 Final 3 to 0
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 3
Marlins at Diamondbacks
Wed, Jul 22 - 9:40PM EDT

Tokens
Preview: Twins (50-43) at Angels (53-40)
Venue: Angel Stadium of Anaheim
Date: July 22, 2015 10:05 PM EDT

The Los Angeles Angels remained hot at the plate even with Mike Trout sitting out for the first time this season.

The Angels superstar is hoping to keep that absence brief by returning Wednesday night, and the Minnesota Twins could get one of their top prospects back in the lineup.

With Trout out because of a sore left heel, Los Angeles (53-40) scored at least seven runs for a third straight game and totaled 13 hits in a 7-0 victory, its season-best sixth in a row. Chris Iannetta drove in four runs and hit his third homer in seven games while boosting the Angels to their 16th win in 19 contests.

"You can't replace Trout. He's the best player in the game. Overall, he's one of the best players of a generation. So you can't say enough about him," Iannetta said. "But we've got a really good offensive team, and everyone can help pick up a little bit of the slack and contribute to get wins. That's what we did tonight."

Los Angeles is averaging 6.7 runs while batting .297 in its last 14 games and has a major league-best 26 homers during that span.

Trout had seven longballs in the 10 games before sitting out while posting a 1.376 OPS, and his 28 home runs this season are one shy of teammate Albert Pujols' major league lead. Pujols had two singles Tuesday after homering three times in Monday's doubleheader sweep.

Trout is hitting .370 in 20 lifetime games against the Twins (50-43), and only his .383 average against Kansas City is higher versus AL opponents.

"When I woke up, it didn't feel right," Trout told MLB's official website Tuesday. "I got treatment ... and it's a lot better than it was this morning. I'll definitely try to be in there (Wednesday)."

Miguel Sano could be back in the Twins' lineup. The 22-year-old designated hitter has missed the past two contests because of a sore right ankle after batting .326 with two homers in his first 13 in the majors.

"It feels better," Sano said. "I ran a little bit (Tuesday) in the outfield and did some hitting. It feels better than (Sunday) and two days ago. Probably (Wednesday) I can play."

Minnesota will start the struggling Mike Pelfrey (5-6, 4.00 ERA). The right-hander is 0-4 with a 7.59 ERA in his last six starts and 0-2 with a 17.69 ERA in his last three on the road while pitching a combined 9 2-3 innings.

Pelfrey will face the Angels for the first time since 2013. He's 3-1 with a 4.15 ERA in four career matchups.

He'll go against C.J. Wilson (7-7, 3.59), who is coming off one of his best outings. The left-hander, though, didn't get a decision Friday after going eight innings in a 1-0 win over Boston.

Wilson, 2-1 with a 2.36 ERA in his last four starts, has a 5.15 ERA in his past six versus the Twins but is 5-0 in that span while receiving a combined 46 runs of support.

Joe Mauer is 3 for 28 against him, but he's batting .408 in his last 14 road games.

The Angels are on their longest win streak since taking 10 in a row Sept. 4-13, and has tied a season high with five straight home wins.

Los Angeles has won eight in a row over Minnesota, matching its series-best win streak that was set in 1964 and tied in 1978. The Angels have taken the past five meetings in Anaheim.

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Twins at Angels
Tue, Jul 21 Final 0 to 7
Boxscores

GAME 2
Twins at Angels
Wed, Jul 22 - 10:05PM EDT

GAME 3
Twins at Angels
Thu, Jul 23 - 3:35PM EDT

Tokens
Preview: Blue Jays (48-47) at Athletics (43-52)
Venue: O.co Coliseum
Date: July 22, 2015 10:05 PM EDT

Another rough home outing was not the way Sonny Gray hoped to return from the All-Star break for the Oakland Athletics.

The right-hander looks to rebound Wednesday night against former teammate Josh Donaldson and the visiting Toronto Blue Jays.

Gray (10-4, 2.29 ERA) tossed a two-hitter in a 2-0 win at Cleveland on July 12 in his last outing before the break. Though he didn't pitch in last Tuesday's All-Star Game, Gray enjoyed his much-deserved experience and was poised to continue his successful season.

However, for the second time in as many home starts Gray allowed five earned runs over six innings during Friday's 5-0 loss to Minnesota. For the first time this season, he yielded multiple home runs when Brian Dozier went deep to lead off the game and Trevor Plouffe belted a grand slam.

"(Five days earlier), Sonny was at his sharpest. For whatever reason he just wasn't as sharp as normal," Oakland catcher Stephen Vogt told MLB's official website. "It's not easy to come off the break and feel great."

Gray was dominant in his first six outings at home, going 3-2 with a 1.62 ERA while walking six and striking out 33.

He was very good there July 3 of last year when he gave up a run in seven innings of a 4-1 victory to improve to 1-1 and lower his ERA 2.08 against Toronto.

Gray will see a familiar face in Donaldson, who was 1 for 20 in his previous six games before recording a pair of doubles in five at-bats with an RBI during Tuesday's 7-1 victory in his return to Oakland (43-52) after he was traded to Toronto in November.

'I still care about a lot of guys that are out there on this team and this field, including the coaching staff,' said Donaldson, who played his first four seasons with the A's. 'It's still one of those things I'm still pulling for those guys even though I'm not there. I want them to do well. Just not this week.'

Russell Martin, Jose Bautista and Edwin Encarnacion each homered as the Blue Jays (48-47) won for the third time in four games.

'I have my teammates doing their thing, which made it easier for me,' Donaldson said. 'They're dangerous and they're just good hitters. You look at our lineup and you go one through nine and you go, `Where's the out at?''

The third player in franchise history to hit 20 home runs in at least six straight seasons, Bautista has homered in a season-high three consecutive games. He's 4 for 6 with a home run against Gray.

Encarnacion is 1 for 6 against him.

Looking to remain in Toronto's rotation, Felix Doubront (1-0, 4.50) makes his third straight start looking to rebound from yielding seven runs - five earned - and 10 hits in five innings of an 11-10 loss at Kansas City on July 12.

"He didn't have his best command, but they were also finding holes," Martin said.

The left-hander has often battled with command issues while walking 13 in going 1-2 with a 7.85 ERA in four starts against the A's.

Brett Lawrie, who came to Oakland in the Donaldson deal, is 10 for 26 (.385) in his last seven home games.

Toronto had scored four runs during a four-game skid in Oakland before Tuesday's win.

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Blue Jays at Athletics
Tue, Jul 21 Final 7 to 1
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Blue Jays at Athletics
Wed, Jul 22 - 10:05PM EDT

GAME 3
Blue Jays at Athletics
Thu, Jul 23 - 3:35PM EDT

Tokens
MLB

Wednesday, July 22

MLB roundup: Karns homers as Rays blank Phils

PHILADELPHIA -- Nathan Karns combined with five relievers on a four-hitter and hit his first major league homer as the Tampa Bay Rays beat the Philadelphia Phillies 1-0 Tuesday night.

The Rays, who had lost 10 of their previous 12 on the road, ended Philadelphia's four-game winning streak and spoiled the major league debut of Aaron Nola, the Phillies' first-round draft pick in June 2014.

Karns (5-5) surrendered three hits in five shutout innings while striking out four and walking two. He became the first American League pitcher to homer since the Baltimore Orioles' Zach Britton went deep against the Atlanta Braves on July 3, 2011.

Brad Boxberger worked a perfect ninth for his 24th save.

Mets 7, Nationals 2

WASHINGTON -- Pinch hitter Eric Campbell lined a two-run single in the seventh inning, leading New York past Washington.

The Mets tacked on four in the ninth on RBI singles by Curtis Granderson, Ruben Tejada and Daniel Murphy against reliever Tanner Roark. Wilmer Flores, who had two hits and two RBIs, drove in the fourth run of the inning with a groundout.

Mets All-Star Jacob deGrom (10-6) allowed two runs on three hits in six innings. He struck out eight and didn't issue a walk.

Yankees 3, Orioles 2

NEW YORK -- Brendan Ryan hit a tiebreaking double with two outs in the sixth inning, and New York opened a three-game series against Baltimore with a victory.

In his 16th at-bat of an injury-plagued season, Ryan snapped a 2-2 deadlock by hitting a 0-1 fastball from Baltimore left-hander Wei-Yin Chen (4-6) down the left field line. Left fielder Travis Snider was slow retrieving it, and Didi Gregorius scored ahead of the relay throw.

Ryan's fifth hit of the year came shortly after the Yankees squandered a two-run lead with two outs in the top of the sixth.

Braves 4, Dodgers 3

ATLANTA -- Chris Johnson had three hits, and starter Alex Wood overcame two early Los Angeles homers in Atlanta's win.

Wood (7-6) allowed six hits and the three runs over 6 2/3 innings to win for just the second time at Turner Field this season. The left-hander walked four and struck out three.

Dodgers starter Brett Anderson left the game in the third inning after injuring his left leg while unsuccessfully trying to field a chopper by Jonny Gomes.

Mariners 11, Tigers 9

DETROIT -- Pinch hitter Franklin Gutierrez hit a grand slam to cap a five-run eighth, and Seattle outslugged Detroit.

Gutierrez's opposite-field shot off Neftali Feliz (1-3) was the second grand slam of his career and the second pinch-hit grand slam in Mariners history.

Nelson Cruz homered and Robinson Cano rapped three hits, scored twice and drove in a run for the Mariners. Joe Beimel (1-1) pitched two-thirds of an inning to get the win, and Carson Smith tossed 1 1/3 innings of scoreless relief to collect his eighth save.

Brewers 8, Indians 1

MILWAUKEE -- Matt Garza threw six shutout innings in his first start since returning from the disabled list, and Jean Segura hit his fourth home run of the season as Milwaukee extended its winning streak to four games with a victory over Cleveland.

Garza (5-10) had been sidelined since July 2 with a fatigued right shoulder. He struck out four, gave up six hits and walked a pair during his outing, but was helped in large part by his defense, which turned three double plays for him and four for the game.

The Brewers' offense couldn't do much against Danny Salazar (8-5), who struck out eight over six innings, but provided just enough support in the early innings to give Garza his first victory since June 6.

Astros 8, Red Sox 3

HOUSTON -- Rookie Vince Velasquez earned his first career victory as Houston beat Boston.

Velasquez (1-1) worked six innings, allowing seven hits and three runs while recording seven strikeouts. After running into trouble in the third inning, he rebounded to allow just two baserunners over his final three innings.

The Astros erased a 3-1 deficit with a four-run fifth inning. Houston added insurance in the sixth with a two-run, opposite-field home run from Chris Carter, his 16th on the season.

Royals 3, Pirates 1

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Jarrod Dyson singled home two runs in the eighth inning as Kansas City downed Pittsburgh.

Dyson's single scored Omar Infante, who reached on an error, and Alex Rios, who singled. Alcides Escobar singled home Dyson for the final run.

Wade Davis (6-1), the fifth of six Kansas City pitchers, picked up the victory. Greg Holland gave up a run on four hits and a walk in the ninth but picked up his 21st save.

Cardinals 8, White Sox 5

CHICAGO -- Matt Holliday slugged a grand slam homer and Michael Wacha collected his 11th victory as St. Louis beat Chicago.

Holliday launched a first-pitch shot to left in the fourth inning off Carlos Rodon for his sixth career grand slam.

The victory was third in four games for St. Louis and first in three games against Chicago. The White Sox absorbed their third consecutive loss and fifth in six games.

Rangers 9, Rockies 0

DENVER -- Matt Harrison gave Texas a huge boost, pitching six scoreless innings in a romp over Colorado.

Shin-Soo Choo hit for the cycle, capped by a triple in the ninth, and he drove in three runs to support Harrison.

The victory was Harrison's first in the big leagues since May 8, 2014, when he beat the Rockies in Texas. Six days later, Harrison went on the disabled list with a back condition that led to season-ending spinal fusion surgery.

Cubs 5, Reds 4 (13 innings)

CINCINNATI -- Kyle Schwarber hit a two-run, game-tying home run in the ninth inning and a go-ahead solo shot in the 13th, lifting Chicago past Cincinnati.

Playing less than 40 miles from his hometown of Middletown, Ohio, the Cubs catcher launched a 2-2 pitch from right-hander Nate Adcock (1-2) for his third career homer to put Chicago ahead.

Schwarber finished the night 4-for-7 with a double, two homers and four RBIs. Through 11 major league games, he is hitting .410 with three homers and 10 RBIs.

Blue Jays 7, A's 1

OAKLAND, Calif. -- Russell Martin smacked a three-run homer and teammates Edwin Encarnacion and Jose Bautista added solo blasts, sending Toronto past Oakland in the teams' first meeting since their blockbuster trade in November.

All-Star Josh Donaldson, the Blue Jays' lone acquisition in the five-player deal, added two doubles and an RBI in his return to Oakland as Toronto roughed up former teammate Kendall Graveman and three relievers.

Brett Lawrie, sent to Oakland along with Graveman and two minor-leaguers, recorded two of the Athletics' eight hits, a pair of singles, in his first game against his old mates.

Angels 7, Twins 0

ANAHEIM, Calif. -- Los Angeles scored five runs in the sixth inning to break open a tight game and rode the pitching of Matt Shoemaker and the bullpen to beat Minnesota.

It was the Angels' sixth win in a row and 16th in 19 games as they improved to a season-high 13 games over .500 (53-40) and maintained their two-game lead over second-place Houston in the American League West.

The Angels didn't have center fielder Mike Trout for the first time this season, because their star was out with a sore left heel. It didn't matter. They knocked out 13 hits, including a three-run homer from Chris Iannetta and four hits by C.J. Cron.

Giants 9, Padres 3

SAN DIEGO -- Rookie Chris Heston dominated San Diego, and San Francisco hit three home runs while cruising to a victory.

Heston (10-5) was sensational through 7 1/3 innings. He allowed one hit, two walks and hit a batter while striking out six.

Hector Sanchez stroked his second career grand slam in the sixth inning off Padres reliever Dale Thayer, extending the visitors' advantage to 9-0. Hunter Pence and Brandon Crawford also homered for the Giants.

Marlins 3, Diamondbacks 0

PHOENIX -- Michael Morse homered, and Mat Latos threw seven scoreless innings in Miami's victory over Arizona.

Latos (4-6) gave up four singles and a walk as the Marlins broke an eight-game road losing streak.

Adeiny Hechavarria broke a scoreless tie with a two-out RBI single that scored J.T. Realmuto in the fifth inning, and Morse hit his fourth homer of the season leading off the seventh.

Tokens
MLB
Armadillo's Write-Up

Wednesday, July 22

National League
Mets @ Nationals
deGrom is 6-2, 1.49 in his last ten starts; three of his last four stayed under.

Ross is 2-1, 2.66 in his three starts (under 2-1).

Mets are 4-7 in last 11 games with Washington; six of last nine series games stayed under total. Nats won ten of last 14 home games; 11 of their last 14 home games stayed under. NY lost three of last four games; 13 of their last 18 road games stayed under.

Cubs @ Reds
Hammel is is 0-2, 4.08 in his last six starts; seven of his last nine stayed under total- Cubs scored 11 runs in his last five.

Iglesias is 1-2, 5.40 in his five starts, three of which went over.

Chicago lost five of last seven games; under is 8-3-1 in their last 12 on road. Reds lost six of their last nine home games. Cubs won six of their last eight games with Cincinnati.

Dodgers @ Braves
Anderson is 3-1, 2.81 in his last five starts.

Wood is 1-1, 8.49 in his last three starts; four of his last six stayed under.

Braves won nine of last 13 home games; 11 of their last 15 games at home stayed under. LA is 14-7 in its last 21 games, 8-3 in last 11 on road,. Under is 13-4 in their last 17 road games. Dodgers won eight of last 11 games with the Braves; four of last five went over.

Marlins @ Diamondbacks
Latos is 1-2, 4.21 in his last four starts; three of his last four road starts stayed under the total.

Hellickson is 2-2, 5.34 in his last six starts; over is 5-2-1 in his last eight.

Miami lost its last six games with Arizona; six of last eight series games went under total. Marlins are 2-15 in last 17 road games; under is 8-3-1 in their last 12. Diamondbacks lost their last six of their last seven games.

Giants @ Padres
Heston is 3-0, 2.48 in his last five starts; over is 9-4 in his last 13.

Despaigne is 0-3, 5.29 in his last six starts; four of his last five home starts went over the total.

Giants won four of last seven games with San Diego; five of the seven went under total. SF won six of last seven games, outscoring opponents 45-23; over is 22-9 in their last 31 road games. San Diego won its last five games; over is 13-6-1 in their last 20 at home.

American League
Orioles @ Bronx
Chen is 3-1, 2.42 in his last seven starts; his last 11 starts stayed under.
Eovaldi is 4-0, 2.93 in his last five starts; three of his last four starts stayed under the total.
Home side won seven of last nine Baltimore-Bronx games; over is 3-1-2 in last six series games. Orioles are 3-6 in last nine road games but won last two; under is 8-4-1 in his last 13 games. Bronx is 8-4 in last 12 games; their last three stayed under.

Mariners @ Tigers
Seattle is 6-1 in last seven Walker starts, but he is 0-1, 9.82 in his last two; four of his last five starts went over the total.

Greene is 0-5, 13.50 in his last five starts; three of his last four went over.

Seattle lost five of last seven games; under is 10-2-1 in Seattle's last 13 road games. Tigers lost five of last seven games; over is 23-3-1 in their last 27 games, 11-1-1 in their last thirteen at home. Mariners are 5-4 in their last nine games against Detroit.

Red Sox @ Astros
Johnson is making first MLB start; he was 8-6, 2.73 in 16 AAA starts in '15.

Velasquez is 0-1, 4.62 in his last five starts (under 3-2).

Red Sox are 0-4 since All-Star break, outscored 22-4. Boston is 5-3 in its last eight games with Houston; six of the eight games went over total. Astros lost seven of last nine games (under 6-2-1).

Blue Jays @ A's
Buehrle is 3-1, 2.39 in his last seven starts; under is 6-3-2 in last 11.

Graveman is 3-1, 2.02 in his last four starts; under is 4-1-1 in his last six.

Home side won last seven Toronto-Oakland games; Jays lost last four games in Oakland- last eight series games stayed under. Toronto lost seven of last ten road games. A's won four of last five games; five of their last seven games stayed under the total.

Twins @ Angels
Gibson is 4-0, 1.63 in his last four starts; under is 4-1-1 in his last six.

Shoemaker is 0-3, 5.00 in his last five starts; his last three stayed under.

Angels won last seven games with Minnesota; over is 7-0-1 in last eight tilts in series. Halos are 18-7 in last 25 home games, nine of last 11 stayed under the total. Minnesota won seven of last ten games; three of last four stayed under the total.

Interleague
Rays @ Phillies
Rays lost last four Karns starts (0-2, 3.96); four of his last six went under.

Nola is making MLB debut; he was 3-1, 3.58 in six AAA starts. .

Tampa Bay lost nine of last 12 road games; over is 11-6-2 in their last 19 games overall. Phillies lost four of last six games with Tampa; over is 3-1-1 in last five. Philly won last four games; over is 4-2-1 in their last seven.

Indians @ Brewers
Salazar is 2-1, 3.43 in his last three starts; three of his last four went over.

Garza is 0-3, 8.50 in his last five starts; seven of his last nine went over.

Cleveland lost last seven games with Milwaukee; teams are meeting for first time since 2009; over is 5-2 in last seven series games. Indians won six of last nine games (under 6-3). Brewers won four of last five games; seven of their last ten games stayed under.

Cardinals @ White Sox
Wacha is 1-1, 4.50 in his last four starts, three of which went over.

Rodon is 1-1, 4.09 in his last four starts; under is 3-2 in his home starts.

St Louis lost six of last eight games with the White Sox; five of last six went under total. Cardinals lost four of last six games- seven of their last ten went under total. Chicago. lost four of last five; under is 6-1-1 in their last eight.

Pirates @ Royals
Cole is 8-1, 2.75 in his last ten starts; his last four all went over.

Vargas is 4-1, 2.67 in his last five starts, with last three staying under.

Pirates won six of last seven games with Kansas City (under 5-2); home side won eight of last ten series games. Pittsburgh lost three of last four games, allowing 25 runs; five of their last seven went over. Royals won eight of last 11 games; three of their last five stayed under.

Rangers @ Rockies
Harrison allowed six runs in four IP (78 PT) in his first '15 start.

Kendrick is 1-3, 5.40 in his last six starts; over is 11-7 in his starts.

Texas lost 19 of last 24 games; under is 9-5-1 in last 15 road games. Colorado won last five home games, allowing 18 runs; five of their last eight games overall went under the total. Rockies won four of last five games vs Texas.

Win-loss records this year for team with this starting pitcher:
NY-Wsh-- deGrom 10-7; Ross 2-1
Chi-Cin-- Hammel 7-10; Iglesias 2-3
LA-Atl-- Anderson 10-8; Wood 7-12
Mia-Az-- Latos 5-9; Hellickson 8-9
SF-SD-- Heston 11-7; Despaigne 5-8

Balt-NY-- Chen 10-7; Eovaldi 11-7
Sea-Det-- Walker 9-9; Greene 6-8
Bos-Hst-- Johnson 0-0; Velasquez 3-3
Tor-A's-- Buehrle 11-7; Graveman 8-6
Min-LAA-- Gibson 10-8; Shoemaker 8-8

TB-Phil-- Karns 7-10; Nola 0-0
Clev-Mil-- Salazar 11-5; Garza 6-10
StL-Chi-- Wacha 13-4; Rodon 7-4
Pitt-KC-- Cole 14-4; Vargas 6-2
Tex-Colo-- Harrison 0-1; Kendrick 5-13

Times this starting pitcher allowed a run in first inning:
NY-Wsh-- deGrom 5-17; Ross 0-3
Chi-Cin-- Hammel 5-17; Iglesias 1-5
LA-Atl-- Anderson 6-18; Wood 5-18
Mia-Az-- Latos 6-14; Hellickson 6-17
SF-SD-- Heston 1-18; Despaigne 4-13

Balt-NY-- Chen 4-17; Eovaldi 7-18
Sea-Det-- Walker 4-18; Greene 4-14
Bos-Hst-- Johnson 0-0; Velasquez 3-6
Tor-A's-- Buehrle 10-18; Graveman 4-14
Min-LAA-- Gibson 3-18; Shoemaker 4-16

TB-Phil-- Karns 8-17; Nola 0-0
Clev-Mil-- Salazar 5-16; Garza 6-16
StL-Chi-- Wacha 4-17; Rodon 4-11
Pitt-KC-- Cole 7-18; Vargas 2-8
Tex-Colo-- Harrison 0-1; Kendrick 11-18

Umpires
-- NY-Wsh-- Six of last seven Muchinski games stayed under.
-- Chi-Cin-- Six of last eight Culbreth games stayed under.
-- LA-Atl-- Underdogs won six of last seven Hoye games; five of last six stayed under the total.
-- Mia-Az-- Under is 4-1-1 in last six Kulpa games.
-- SF-SD-- Underdogs are 9-5 in last fourteen Fairchild games.

-- Sea-Det-- Under is 4-1-2 in last seven Nelson games.

-- TB-Phil-- Last four TBarrett games stayed under total.
-- Pitt-KC-- Seven of last ten Davis games stayed under.
-- Tex-Colo-- Six of last seven Hallion games went over.

Tokens
MLB

Wednesday, July 22

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trend Report
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12:10 PM
LA DODGERS vs. ATLANTA
The total has gone OVER in 4 of LA Dodgers's last 6 games when playing Atlanta
LA Dodgers are 10-4 SU in their last 14 games when playing Atlanta
Atlanta is 4-10 SU in their last 14 games when playing LA Dodgers
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Atlanta's last 6 games when playing LA Dodgers

12:35 PM
NY METS vs. WASHINGTON
NY Mets are 6-3 SU in its last 9 games
NY Mets are 6-15 SU in its last 21 games when playing Washington
The total has gone UNDER in 10 of Washington's last 15 games
Washington is 15-6 SU in its last 21 games when playing NY Mets

12:35 PM
CHI CUBS vs. CINCINNATI
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Chi Cubs's last 6 games
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Chi Cubs's last 6 games when playing on the road against Cincinnati
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Cincinnati's last 6 games when playing at home against Chi Cubs
Cincinnati is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games

1:05 PM
TAMPA BAY vs. PHILADELPHIA
Tampa Bay is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games when playing Philadelphia
Tampa Bay is 2-7 SU in its last 9 games on the road
Philadelphia is 6-3 SU in its last 9 games when playing at home against Tampa Bay
The total has gone OVER in 17 of Philadelphia's last 23 games at home

2:10 PM
CLEVELAND vs. MILWAUKEE
Cleveland is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Cleveland's last 5 games on the road
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Milwaukee's last 5 games when playing Cleveland
Milwaukee is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing Cleveland

3:10 PM
TEXAS vs. COLORADO
The total has gone UNDER in 15 of Texas's last 23 games on the road
Texas is 3-10 SU in its last 13 games
Colorado is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing Texas
Colorado is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games when playing at home against Texas

3:40 PM
SAN FRANCISCO vs. SAN DIEGO
San Francisco is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against San Diego
The total has gone OVER in 8 of San Francisco's last 12 games on the road
The total has gone OVER in 14 of San Diego's last 21 games at home
The total has gone UNDER in 9 of San Diego's last 13 games

6:10 PM
CHI CUBS vs. CINCINNATI
Chi Cubs11-3-1 SU in their last 15 games when playing Cincinnati
Chi Cubs6-2-1 SU in their last 9 games on the road
Cincinnati is 1-3-1 SU in its last 5 games ,at home
Cincinnati is 1-3-1 SU in their last 5 games ,when playing at home against Chi Cubs

7:05 PM
BALTIMORE vs. NY YANKEES
Baltimore is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games on the road
Baltimore is 4-10 SU in its last 14 games
NY Yankees are 5-1 SU in their last 6 games when playing at home against Baltimore
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of NY Yankees's last 5 games at home

7:08 PM
SEATTLE vs. DETROIT
The total has gone OVER in 5 of Seattle's last 7 games when playing on the road against Detroit
The total has gone OVER in 5 of Seattle's last 6 games when playing Detroit
The total has gone OVER in 5 of Detroit's last 6 games when playing Seattle
Detroit is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games at home

8:10 PM
ST. LOUIS vs. CHI WHITE SOX
The total has gone OVER in 12 of St. Louis's last 17 games when playing Chi White Sox
St. Louis is 3-6 SU in their last 9 games when playing Chi White Sox
Chi White Sox are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games at home
The total has gone UNDER in 16 of Chi White Sox's last 20 games at home

BOSTON vs. HOUSTON
The total has gone OVER in 5 of Boston's last 7 games on the road
Boston is 15-6 SU in its last 21 games when playing Houston
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Houston's last 5 games at home
The total has gone OVER in 5 of Houston's last 6 games when playing at home against Boston

PITTSBURGH vs. KANSAS CITY
The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Pittsburgh's last 8 games when playing Kansas City
Pittsburgh is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing Kansas City
Kansas City is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing Pittsburgh
Kansas City is 8-2 SU in its last 10 games at home

9:40 PM
MIAMI vs. ARIZONA
Miami is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games when playing on the road against Arizona
The total has gone UNDER in 9 of Miami's last 10 games when playing on the road against Arizona
The total has gone UNDER in 9 of Arizona's last 10 games when playing at home against Miami
Arizona is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games when playing Miami

10:05 PM
TORONTO vs. OAKLAND
Toronto is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Oakland
Toronto is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games
Oakland is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Oakland's last 5 games when playing at home against Toronto

10:05 PM
MINNESOTA vs. LA ANGELS
Minnesota is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games on the road
Minnesota is 0-5 SU in their last 5 games when playing on the road against LA Angels
LA Angels are 5-0 SU in their last 5 games when playing Minnesota
The total has gone OVER in 4 of LA Angels's last 6 games when playing Minnesota

Tokens
MLB
Dunkel

Wednesday, July 22

LA Dodgers @ Atlanta

Game 951-952
July 22, 2015 @ 12:10 pm

Dunkel Rating:
LA Dodgers
(Bolsnger) 14.573
Atlanta
(Teheran) 15.484
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Atlanta
by 1
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
LA Dodgers
7 1/2
Dunkel Pick:
Atlanta
(+135); Under

Chicago Cubs @ Cincinnati

Game 953-954
July 22, 2015 @ 12:35 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Chicago Cubs
(Hendrcks) 12.399
Cincinnati
(Leake) 16.432
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Cincinnati
by 4
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Chicago Cubs
Dunkel Pick:
Cincinnati
(+100); Under

NY Mets @ Washington

Game 955-956
July 22, 2015 @ 12:35 pm

Dunkel Rating:
NY Mets
(Syndrgrd) 13.011
Washington
(Zmmermnn) 16.514
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Washington
by 3 1/2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Washington
Dunkel Pick:
Washington
(-135); Over

San Francisco @ San Diego

Game 957-958
July 22, 2015 @ 3:40 pm

Dunkel Rating:
San Francisco
(Cain) 14.249
San Diego
(Shields) 15.836
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
San Diego
by 1 1/2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
San Diego
Dunkel Pick:
San Diego
(-120); Over

Miami @ Arizona

Game 959-960
July 22, 2015 @ 9:40 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Miami
(Fernandez) 16.382
Arizona
(Ray) 14.922
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Miami
by 1 1/2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Miami
7 1/2
Dunkel Pick:
Miami
(-130); Under

Seattle @ Detroit

Game 961-962
July 22, 2015 @ 7:08 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Seattle
(Mntgmery) 12.994
Detroit
(Sanchez) 16.948
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Detroit
by 4
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Detroit
Dunkel Pick:
Detroit
(-140); Under

Baltimore @ NY Yankees

Game 963-964
July 22, 2015 @ 7:05 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Baltimore
(Gausman) 16.568
NY Yankees
(Nova) 15.094
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Baltimore
by 1 1/2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
NY Yankees
8 1/2
Dunkel Pick:
Baltimore
(+105); Over

Boston @ Houston

Game 965-966
July 22, 2015 @ 8:05 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Boston
(Kelly) 16.268
Houston
(McHugh) 15.039
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Boston
by 1
9 1/2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Houston
Dunkel Pick:
Boston
(+115); Over

Toronto @ Oakland

Game 967-968
July 22, 2015 @ 10:05 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Toronto
(Doubront) 17.345
Oakland
(Gray) 14.465
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Toronto
by 3
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Oakland
Dunkel Pick:
Toronto
(+140); Under

Minnesota @ LA Angels

Game 969-970
July 22, 2015 @ 10:05 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Minnesota
(Pelfrey) 16.587
LA Angels
(Wilson) 15.617
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Minnesota
by 1
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
LA Angels
Dunkel Pick:
Minnesota
(+160); Under

Tampa Bay @ Philadelphia

Game 971-972
July 22, 2015 @ 1:05 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Tampa Bay
(Odorizzi) 15.592
Philadelphia
(Morgan) 13.130
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Tampa Bay
by 2 1/2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Tampa Bay
Dunkel Pick:
Tampa Bay
(-160); Over

Cleveland @ Milwaukee

Game 973-974
July 22, 2015 @ 2:10 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Cleveland
(Anderson) 17.874
Milwaukee
(Lohse) 13.411
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Cleveland
by 4 1/2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Cleveland
8 1/2
Dunkel Pick:
Cleveland
(-115); Over

Texas @ Colorado

Game 975-976
July 22, 2015 @ 3:10 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Texas
(Perez) 13.169
Colorado
(DeLaRosa) 15.039
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Colorado
by 2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Colorado
Dunkel Pick:
Colorado
(-150); Under

St. Louis @ Chicago White Sox

Game 977-978
July 22, 2015 @ 8:10 pm

Dunkel Rating:
St. Louis
(Lynn) 16.737
Chicago White Sox
(Danks) 14.384
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
St. Louis
by 2 1/2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
St. Louis
Dunkel Pick:
St. Louis
(-150); Under

Pittsburgh @ Kansas City

Game 979-980
July 22, 2015 @ 8:10 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Pittsburgh
(Morton) 17.077
Kansas City
(Volquez) 13.684
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Pittsburgh
by 3 1/2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Kansas City
Dunkel Pick:
Pittsburgh
(+115); Over

Chicago Cubs @ Cincinnati

Game 981-982
July 22, 2015 @ 6:10 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Chicago Cubs
(Beeler) 15.699
Cincinnati
(Cingrani) 13.516
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Chicago Cubs
by 2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Cincinnati
8 1/2
Dunkel Pick:
Chicago Cubs
(-105); Over

Tokens
Pro Baseball Trend Report

LA DODGERS (53 - 42) at ATLANTA (45 - 49) - 12:10 PM
MIKE BOLSINGER (R) vs. JULIO TEHERAN (R)

Top Trends for this game.

LA DODGERS are 53-42 (-10.4 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
LA DODGERS are 20-25 (-14.3 Units) against the money line in road games this season.
LA DODGERS are 229-237 (-58.1 Units) against the money line when playing on Wednesday since 1997.
LA DODGERS are 53-42 (-10.4 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field this season.
LA DODGERS are 16-20 (-11.7 Units) against the money line in road games against right-handed starters this season.
ATLANTA is 26-19 (+9.5 Units) against the money line in home games this season.
ATLANTA is 26-19 (+9.5 Units) against the money line in home games in games played on a grass field this season.
ATLANTA is 12-6 (+8.7 Units) against the money line in home games when playing against a team with a winning record this season.
LA DODGERS are 72-37 (+22.6 Units) against the money line after a loss over the last 2 seasons.
ATLANTA is 30-44 (-14.4 Units) against the money line in day games over the last 2 seasons.

Head-to-Head Series History

ATLANTA is 3-2 (+2.2 Units) against LA DODGERS this season
3 of 4 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+2.0 Units)

MIKE BOLSINGER vs. ATLANTA since 1997

BOLSINGER is 0-1 when starting against ATLANTA with an ERA of 12.26 and a WHIP of 3.270.
His team's record is 0-1 (-1.0 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 0-1. (-1.1 units)

JULIO TEHERAN vs. LA DODGERS since 1997

TEHERAN is 0-4 when starting against LA DODGERS with an ERA of 8.46 and a WHIP of 1.836.
His team's record is 0-4 (-4.8 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 1-3. (-2.6 units)

CHICAGO CUBS (50 - 42) at CINCINNATI (41 - 50) - 12:35 PM
KYLE HENDRICKS (R) vs. MIKE LEAKE (R)

CHICAGO CUBS are 1437-1595 (-277.8 Units) against the money line in all games since 1997.
CHICAGO CUBS are 760-805 (-154.6 Units) against the money line in day games since 1997.
CHICAGO CUBS are 1055-1189 (-215.7 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters since 1997.
CHICAGO CUBS are 666-771 (-202.4 Units) against the money line after a win since 1997.
CHICAGO CUBS are 702-703 (-159.0 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record since 1997.
CHICAGO CUBS are 123-129 (+1.0 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
HENDRICKS is 20-11 (+9.4 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
HENDRICKS is 20-10 (+10.4 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
CINCINNATI is 10-20 (-12.5 Units) against the money line in day games this season.

CHICAGO CUBS is 8-3 (+4.3 Units) against CINCINNATI this season
5 of 10 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=-0.3 Units, Under=-1.1 Units)

KYLE HENDRICKS vs. CINCINNATI since 1997

HENDRICKS is 1-0 when starting against CINCINNATI with an ERA of 3.00 and a WHIP of 1.056.
His team's record is 3-0 (+3.3 units) in these starts. The OVER is 1-2. (-1.2 units)

MIKE LEAKE vs. CHICAGO CUBS since 1997

LEAKE is 8-2 when starting against CHICAGO CUBS with an ERA of 3.28 and a WHIP of 1.177.
His team's record is 12-6 (+5.5 units) in these starts. The OVER is 8-9. (-1.8 units)

NY METS (49 - 45) at WASHINGTON (50 - 42) - 12:35 PM
NOAH SYNDERGAARD (R) vs. JORDAN ZIMMERMANN (R)

NY METS are 17-31 (-12.0 Units) against the money line in road games this season.
NY METS are 12-25 (-12.4 Units) against the money line in road games against right-handed starters this season.
NY METS are 3-15 (-12.1 Units) against the money line in road games after a win this season.
ZIMMERMANN is 57-27 (+20.8 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 3 seasons. (Team's Record)
ZIMMERMANN is 32-10 (+19.2 Units) against the money line when the total is 7 or less over the last 3 seasons. (Team's Record)
ZIMMERMANN is 57-27 (+20.8 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 3 seasons. (Team's Record)
NY METS are 128-128 (+6.8 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
NY METS are 39-29 (+16.5 Units) against the money line in July games over the last 3 seasons.
NY METS are 23-8 (+15.7 Units) against the money line in day games this season.
NY METS are 128-126 (+8.8 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.

WASHINGTON is 5-4 (+0.3 Units) against NY METS this season
5 of 9 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL this season . (Under=+0.3 Units)

NOAH SYNDERGAARD vs. WASHINGTON since 1997
No recent starts.

JORDAN ZIMMERMANN vs. NY METS since 1997

ZIMMERMANN is 8-5 when starting against NY METS with an ERA of 2.91 and a WHIP of 1.148.
His team's record is 15-6 (+7.1 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 10-11. (-2.4 units)

SAN FRANCISCO (50 - 44) at SAN DIEGO (44 - 50) - 3:40 PM
MATT CAIN (R) vs. JAMES SHIELDS (R)

CAIN is 18-30 (-19.3 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
CAIN is 11-21 (-15.6 Units) against the money line when the total is 7 or less over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
CAIN is 3-13 (-13.4 Units) against the money line in day games over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
CAIN is 18-30 (-19.3 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
CAIN is 5-16 (-17.1 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
SAN DIEGO is 65-51 (+15.5 Units) against the money line in home games when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 3 seasons.
SAN DIEGO is 17-6 (+11.7 Units) against the money line in home games when playing against a team with a winning record in the second half of the season over the last 2 seasons.
SHIELDS is 40-22 (+19.7 Units) against the money line when the total is 7 or less since 1997. (Team's Record)
SAN FRANCISCO is 150-123 (+18.5 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
SAN FRANCISCO is 74-63 (+18.5 Units) against the money line in road games over the last 2 seasons.
SAN FRANCISCO is 27-16 (+11.8 Units) against the money line when playing on Wednesday over the last 2 seasons.
SAN FRANCISCO is 58-40 (+15.2 Units) against the money line in day games over the last 2 seasons.
SAN FRANCISCO is 150-123 (+18.5 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
SAN FRANCISCO is 53-41 (+16.9 Units) against the money line in road games against right-handed starters over the last 2 seasons.
SAN FRANCISCO is 30-20 (+9.9 Units) against the money line after a win this season.
SAN FRANCISCO is 37-17 (+17.3 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record in the second half of the season over the last 2 seasons.
SHIELDS is 3-9 (-9.5 Units) against the money line in home games after a loss over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)

SAN DIEGO is 6-6 (+0.4 Units) against SAN FRANCISCO this season
7 of 12 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL this season . (Under=+1.1 Units)

MATT CAIN vs. SAN DIEGO since 1997
CAIN is 7-14 when starting against SAN DIEGO with an ERA of 3.18 and a WHIP of 1.158.
His team's record is 12-22 (-14.2 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 15-17. (-4.4 units)

JAMES SHIELDS vs. SAN FRANCISCO since 1997

SHIELDS is 2-3 when starting against SAN FRANCISCO with an ERA of 4.66 and a WHIP of 1.276.
His team's record is 2-3 (-1.0 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 2-3. (-1.7 units)

MIAMI (39 - 55) at ARIZONA (43 - 49) - 9:40 PM
JOSE FERNANDEZ (R) vs. ROBBIE RAY (L)

MIAMI is 39-55 (-15.4 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
MIAMI is 15-32 (-14.8 Units) against the money line in road games this season.
MIAMI is 9-22 (-12.0 Units) against the money line in road games in night games this season.
ARIZONA is 22-14 (+8.2 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record this season.
MIAMI is 404-401 (+35.2 Units) against the money line against left-handed starters since 1997.
FERNANDEZ is 25-14 (+12.9 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
FERNANDEZ is 25-13 (+13.9 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
FERNANDEZ is 20-8 (+13.0 Units) against the money line in night games over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
ARIZONA is 107-147 (-35.1 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
ARIZONA is 14-29 (-14.1 Units) against the money line as a home underdog of +100 to +125 over the last 2 seasons.
ARIZONA is 56-71 (-19.4 Units) against the money line in home games over the last 2 seasons.
ARIZONA is 107-147 (-35.1 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.

ARIZONA is 5-1 (+4.5 Units) against MIAMI this season
5 of 6 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL this season . (Under=+3.8 Units)

JOSE FERNANDEZ vs. ARIZONA since 1997

FERNANDEZ is 0-1 when starting against ARIZONA with an ERA of 2.46 and a WHIP of 0.682.
His team's record is 0-1 (-1.0 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 1-0. (+1.0 units)

ROBBIE RAY vs. MIAMI since 1997
No recent starts.

SEATTLE (43 - 51) at DETROIT (46 - 47) - 7:05 PM
MIKE MONTGOMERY (L) vs. ANIBAL SANCHEZ (R)

SEATTLE is 43-51 (-13.9 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
SEATTLE is 38-50 (-18.4 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field this season.
SEATTLE is 14-28 (-18.9 Units) against the money line after a win this season.
SEATTLE is 724-652 (-100.2 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record since 1997.
SEATTLE is 339-315 (-79.4 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record in the second half of the season since 1997.
SEATTLE is 69-59 (+15.9 Units) against the money line in road games over the last 2 seasons.
SEATTLE is 51-38 (+15.2 Units) against the money line in road games against right-handed starters over the last 2 seasons.
DETROIT is 168-158 (-48.8 Units) against the money line as a home favorite of -125 to -150 since 1997.
DETROIT is 69-63 (-17.1 Units) against the money line in home games over the last 2 seasons.
DETROIT is 14-19 (-15.3 Units) against the money line in home games when playing on Wednesday over the last 3 seasons.
DETROIT is 69-63 (-17.1 Units) against the money line in home games in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
DETROIT is 23-31 (-10.4 Units) against the money line in night games this season.
DETROIT is 57-63 (-20.1 Units) against the money line after a loss over the last 2 seasons.
DETROIT is 64-63 (-15.7 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record over the last 2 seasons.

DETROIT is 3-2 (+1.7 Units) against SEATTLE this season
4 of 5 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+2.7 Units)

MIKE MONTGOMERY vs. DETROIT since 1997

No recent starts.

ANIBAL SANCHEZ vs. SEATTLE since 1997

SANCHEZ is 1-0 when starting against SEATTLE with an ERA of 2.89 and a WHIP of 1.340.
His team's record is 2-1 (+0.9 units) in these starts. The OVER is 1-1. (-0.1 units)

BALTIMORE (46 - 46) at NY YANKEES (51 - 41) - 7:05 PM
KEVIN GAUSMAN (R) vs. IVAN NOVA (R)

BALTIMORE is 26-32 (-9.0 Units) against the money line in night games this season.
BALTIMORE is 12-23 (-10.5 Units) against the money line in road games against right-handed starters this season.
NY YANKEES are 14-4 (+9.4 Units) against the money line at home with a money line of -100 to -125 this season.
NY YANKEES are 20-7 (+8.0 Units) against the money line in home games in night games this season.
NY YANKEES are 30-20 (+8.3 Units) against the money line after a win this season.
BALTIMORE is 146-116 (+33.4 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
BALTIMORE is 72-50 (+24.3 Units) against the money line against division opponents over the last 2 seasons.
BALTIMORE is 130-103 (+28.3 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
BALTIMORE is 65-50 (+17.5 Units) against the money line after a loss over the last 2 seasons.
BALTIMORE is 67-58 (+14.9 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons.
BALTIMORE is 36-25 (+14.3 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a winning record in the second half of the season over the last 2 seasons.

NY YANKEES is 6-5 (+0.6 Units) against BALTIMORE this season
5 of 9 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+0.7 Units)

KEVIN GAUSMAN vs. NY YANKEES since 1997

GAUSMAN is 1-0 when starting against NY YANKEES with an ERA of 1.59 and a WHIP of 1.000.
His team's record is 2-1 (+1.0 units) in these starts. The OVER is 1-2. (-1.0 units)

IVAN NOVA vs. BALTIMORE since 1997

NOVA is 5-3 when starting against BALTIMORE with an ERA of 5.17 and a WHIP of 1.331.
His team's record is 8-4 (+1.9 units) in these starts. The OVER is 6-6. (-0.3 units)

BOSTON (42 - 52) at HOUSTON (52 - 43) - 8:10 PM
JOE KELLY (R) vs. COLLIN MCHUGH (R)

BOSTON is 42-52 (-16.6 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
BOSTON is 20-27 (-12.5 Units) against the money line when the total is 8 to 8.5 this season.
BOSTON is 7-17 (-9.7 Units) against the money line as a road underdog of +100 to +125 this season.
BOSTON is 18-33 (-14.7 Units) against the money line on the road when the total is 8 to 8.5 over the last 2 seasons.
BOSTON is 16-24 (-13.0 Units) against the money line in July games over the last 2 seasons.
BOSTON is 35-46 (-18.9 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field this season.
BOSTON is 27-34 (-11.5 Units) against the money line in night games this season.
BOSTON is 33-37 (-9.2 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters this season.
BOSTON is 19-28 (-12.4 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a winning record this season.
KELLY is 1-11 (-11.3 Units) against the money line when playing on Wednesday since 1997. (Team's Record)
HOUSTON is 52-43 (+5.7 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
HOUSTON is 31-17 (+9.4 Units) against the money line in home games this season.
HOUSTON is 52-37 (+12.1 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field this season.
HOUSTON is 33-23 (+10.7 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters this season.
MCHUGH is 25-16 (+10.1 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
KELLY is 8-2 (+8.4 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a winning record in the second half of the season over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)

HOUSTON is 2-2 (+0.1 Units) against BOSTON this season
3 of 4 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+2.1 Units)

JOE KELLY vs. HOUSTON since 1997

KELLY is 0-1 when starting against HOUSTON with an ERA of 15.75 and a WHIP of 3.250.
His team's record is 0-1 (-1.3 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 0-1. (-1.0 units)

COLLIN MCHUGH vs. BOSTON since 1997
MCHUGH is 1-1 when starting against BOSTON with an ERA of 3.18 and a WHIP of 1.853.
His team's record is 1-1 (+0.2 units) in these starts. The OVER is 1-1. (-0.1 units)

TORONTO (48 - 47) at OAKLAND (43 - 52) - 10:05 PM
FELIX DOUBRONT (L) vs. SONNY GRAY (R)

DOUBRONT is 23-13 (+13.0 Units) against the money line in road games since 1997. (Team's Record)
OAKLAND is 43-52 (-18.0 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
OAKLAND is 33-45 (-24.1 Units) against the money line when the total is 7 or less over the last 2 seasons.
OAKLAND is 8-13 (-9.5 Units) against the money line as a home favorite of -125 to -150 this season.
OAKLAND is 20-28 (-17.5 Units) against the money line in home games this season.
OAKLAND is 8-13 (-9.6 Units) against the money line at home when the total is 7 or less this season.
OAKLAND is 14-19 (-15.9 Units) against the money line in home games when playing on Wednesday over the last 3 seasons.
OAKLAND is 41-50 (-18.4 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field this season.
OAKLAND is 84-79 (-19.5 Units) against the money line in night games over the last 2 seasons.
OAKLAND is 7-18 (-13.7 Units) against the money line against left-handed starters this season.
GRAY is 5-10 (-10.6 Units) against the money line at home when the total is 7 or less over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)

TORONTO is 1-0 (+1.0 Units) against OAKLAND this season
1 of 1 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+1.0 Units)

FELIX DOUBRONT vs. OAKLAND since 1997

DOUBRONT is 1-2 when starting against OAKLAND with an ERA of 7.85 and a WHIP of 1.636.
His team's record is 1-3 (-2.6 units) in these starts. The OVER is 2-2. (-0.2 units)

SONNY GRAY vs. TORONTO since 1997

GRAY is 1-1 when starting against TORONTO with an ERA of 2.08 and a WHIP of 1.077.
His team's record is 1-1 (+0.0 units) in these starts. The OVER is 0-1. (-1.1 units)

MINNESOTA (50 - 43) at LA ANGELS (53 - 40) - 10:05 PM
MIKE PELFREY (R) vs. C.J. WILSON (L)

LA ANGELS are 53-40 (+9.5 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
LA ANGELS are 12-3 (+9.0 Units) against the money line in July games this season.
LA ANGELS are 49-37 (+8.3 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field this season.
LA ANGELS are 43-26 (+14.4 Units) against the money line in night games this season.
LA ANGELS are 107-77 (+16.5 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters over the last 2 seasons.
LA ANGELS are 16-6 (+10.7 Units) against the money line after shutting out their opponent over the last 2 seasons.
MINNESOTA is 50-43 (+16.1 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
MINNESOTA is 50-43 (+16.1 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field this season.
MINNESOTA is 26-22 (+10.5 Units) against the money line in night games this season.
MINNESOTA is 19-13 (+9.8 Units) against the money line against left-handed starters this season.
MINNESOTA is 25-17 (+13.2 Units) against the money line after a loss this season.
MINNESOTA is 20-12 (+11.6 Units) against the money line after 3 or more consecutive losses over the last 2 seasons.
PELFREY is 55-44 (+17.8 Units) against the money line after a loss since 1997. (Team's Record)
LA ANGELS are 155-138 (-67.1 Units) against the money line as a home favorite of -150 to -175 since 1997.

LA ANGELS is 1-0 (+1.0 Units) against MINNESOTA this season
0 of 0 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+0.0 Units)

MIKE PELFREY vs. LA ANGELS since 1997

PELFREY is 3-1 when starting against LA ANGELS with an ERA of 4.15 and a WHIP of 1.154.
His team's record is 3-1 (+2.8 units) in these starts. The OVER is 3-1. (+2.1 units)

C.J. WILSON vs. MINNESOTA since 1997

WILSON is 6-2 when starting against MINNESOTA with an ERA of 5.67 and a WHIP of 1.445.
His team's record is 6-3 (+1.6 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 3-6. (-4.1 units)

TAMPA BAY (48 - 48) at PHILADELPHIA (33 - 63) - 1:05 PM
JAKE ODORIZZI (R) vs. ADAM MORGAN (L)

TAMPA BAY is 125-133 (-28.3 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
TAMPA BAY is 19-29 (-18.4 Units) against the money line after shutting out their opponent over the last 3 seasons.
TAMPA BAY is 48-55 (-17.2 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record over the last 2 seasons.
TAMPA BAY is 44-22 (+16.8 Units) against the money line in July games over the last 3 seasons.
PHILADELPHIA is 33-63 (-20.2 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
PHILADELPHIA is 21-43 (-22.9 Units) against the money line when playing on Wednesday over the last 3 seasons.
PHILADELPHIA is 33-63 (-20.2 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field this season.
PHILADELPHIA is 26-51 (-18.9 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters this season.
PHILADELPHIA is 19-43 (-17.9 Units) against the money line after a loss this season.
PHILADELPHIA is 1-1 (+0.1 Units) against TAMPA BAY this season
1 of 1 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL this season . (Under=+1.0 Units)

JAKE ODORIZZI vs. PHILADELPHIA since 1997
No recent starts.

ADAM MORGAN vs. TAMPA BAY since 1997
No recent starts.

CLEVELAND (44 - 48) at MILWAUKEE (42 - 52) - 2:10 PM
CODY ANDERSON (R) vs. KYLE LOHSE (R)

CLEVELAND is 44-48 (-14.6 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
CLEVELAND is 40-48 (-18.7 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field this season.
CLEVELAND is 116-70 (+29.5 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record over the last 3 seasons.
CLEVELAND is 65-27 (+29.6 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record in the second half of the season over the last 3 seasons.
MILWAUKEE is 20-28 (-11.7 Units) against the money line in home games this season.
MILWAUKEE is 59-84 (-30.4 Units) against the money line in day games over the last 3 seasons.
MILWAUKEE is 20-28 (-11.7 Units) against the money line in home games in games played on a grass field this season.
MILWAUKEE is 31-43 (-12.2 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters this season.
MILWAUKEE is 4-11 (-9.5 Units) against the money line in home games when playing against a team with a losing record this season.
MILWAUKEE is 13-25 (-22.1 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record in the second half of the season over the last 2 seasons.

MILWAUKEE is 1-0 (+1.1 Units) against CLEVELAND this season
1 of 1 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+1.0 Units)

CODY ANDERSON vs. MILWAUKEE since 1997
No recent starts.

KYLE LOHSE vs. CLEVELAND since 1997

LOHSE is 7-9 when starting against CLEVELAND with an ERA of 5.62 and a WHIP of 1.352.
His team's record is 8-10 (-2.6 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 10-7. (+2.6 units)

TEXAS (44 - 49) at COLORADO (40 - 52) - 3:10 PM
MARTIN PEREZ (L) vs. JORGE DE LA ROSA (L)

TEXAS is 10-31 (-23.4 Units) against the money line in July games over the last 2 seasons.
TEXAS is 37-62 (-24.8 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record over the last 2 seasons.
DE LA ROSA is 27-20 (+8.9 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
DE LA ROSA is 29-9 (+17.9 Units) against the money line in home games over the last 3 seasons. (Team's Record)
DE LA ROSA is 15-2 (+12.4 Units) against the money line in home games in July games since 1997. (Team's Record)
DE LA ROSA is 20-5 (+17.7 Units) against the money line in day games over the last 3 seasons. (Team's Record)
DE LA ROSA is 27-20 (+8.9 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
DE LA ROSA is 32-12 (+23.3 Units) against the money line after a loss over the last 3 seasons. (Team's Record)
DE LA ROSA is 56-33 (+20.9 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record since 1997. (Team's Record)
DE LA ROSA is 32-15 (+17.7 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record in the second half of the season since 1997. (Team's Record)
TEXAS is 44-49 (+8.4 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
TEXAS is 28-23 (+18.7 Units) against the money line in road games this season.
TEXAS is 41-45 (+8.0 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field this season.
COLORADO is 106-148 (-35.9 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
COLORADO is 208-281 (-80.5 Units) against the money line in July games since 1997.
COLORADO is 9-24 (-16.4 Units) against the money line in an inter-league game over the last 2 seasons.
COLORADO is 106-148 (-35.9 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
COLORADO is 58-91 (-28.1 Units) against the money line after a loss over the last 2 seasons.

TEXAS is 1-1 (+0.2 Units) against COLORADO this season
1 of 2 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+0.0 Units)

MARTIN PEREZ vs. COLORADO since 1997

PEREZ is 0-1 when starting against COLORADO with an ERA of 9.00 and a WHIP of 2.000.
His team's record is 0-1 (-1.0 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 1-0. (+1.0 units)

JORGE DE LA ROSA vs. TEXAS since 1997

DE LA ROSA is 2-0 when starting against TEXAS with an ERA of 3.00 and a WHIP of 1.417.
His team's record is 2-0 (+3.4 units) in these starts. The OVER is 1-1. (+0.0 units)

ST LOUIS (59 - 34) at CHI WHITE SOX (42 - 49) - 8:10 PM
LANCE LYNN (R) vs. JOHN DANKS (L)

LYNN is 5-16 (-13.6 Units) against the money line in road games after a win over the last 3 seasons. (Team's Record)
CHI WHITE SOX are 194-149 (+41.8 Units) against the money line in an inter-league game since 1997.
CHI WHITE SOX are 77-79 (+11.7 Units) against the money line in night games over the last 2 seasons.
DANKS is 23-14 (+12.5 Units) against the money line in July games since 1997. (Team's Record)
DANKS is 9-2 (+8.8 Units) against the money line in home games after a loss over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
ST LOUIS is 59-34 (+20.2 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
ST LOUIS is 59-34 (+20.2 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field this season.
ST LOUIS is 39-24 (+12.0 Units) against the money line in night games this season.
ST LOUIS is 38-21 (+13.2 Units) against the money line after a win this season.

CHI WHITE SOX is 2-1 (+1.4 Units) against ST LOUIS this season
2 of 3 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+1.1 Units)

LANCE LYNN vs. CHI WHITE SOX since 1997

LYNN is 1-0 when starting against CHI WHITE SOX with an ERA of 0.68 and a WHIP of 0.825.
His team's record is 1-1 (+0.0 units) in these starts. The OVER is 0-2. (-2.0 units)

JOHN DANKS vs. ST LOUIS since 1997
No recent starts.

PITTSBURGH (54 - 39) at KANSAS CITY (56 - 36) - 8:10 PM
CHARLIE MORTON (R) vs. EDINSON VOLQUEZ (R)

PITTSBURGH is 256-491 (-105.4 Units) against the money line in road games when playing against a team with a winning record since 1997.
PITTSBURGH is 110-245 (-74.2 Units) against the money line in road games when playing against a team with a winning record in the second half of the season since 1997.
KANSAS CITY is 56-36 (+18.8 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
KANSAS CITY is 31-17 (+10.2 Units) against the money line in home games this season.
KANSAS CITY is 26-9 (+12.8 Units) against the money line in home games when playing on Wednesday over the last 3 seasons.
KANSAS CITY is 28-14 (+12.8 Units) against the money line in an inter-league game over the last 2 seasons.
KANSAS CITY is 56-36 (+18.8 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field this season.
KANSAS CITY is 36-25 (+8.8 Units) against the money line in night games this season.
KANSAS CITY is 39-20 (+17.5 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters this season.
KANSAS CITY is 91-67 (+18.0 Units) against the money line after a win over the last 2 seasons.
KANSAS CITY is 73-57 (+12.7 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons.
KANSAS CITY is 53-39 (+17.3 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a winning record in the second half of the season over the last 3 seasons.
VOLQUEZ is 31-20 (+10.5 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
PITTSBURGH is 239-185 (+36.0 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 3 seasons.
PITTSBURGH is 37-20 (+17.0 Units) against the money line in an inter-league game over the last 3 seasons.
PITTSBURGH is 237-184 (+34.5 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 3 seasons.
PITTSBURGH is 101-71 (+18.5 Units) against the money line in night games over the last 2 seasons.
PITTSBURGH is 191-151 (+29.3 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters over the last 3 seasons.

PITTSBURGH is 1-1 (+0.1 Units) against KANSAS CITY this season
1 of 2 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=-0.2 Units, Under=-0.1 Units)

CHARLIE MORTON vs. KANSAS CITY since 1997
MORTON is 0-1 when starting against KANSAS CITY with an ERA of 5.40 and a WHIP of 1.400.
His team's record is 0-1 (-1.0 units) in these starts. The OVER is 0-1. (-1.0 units)

EDINSON VOLQUEZ vs. PITTSBURGH since 1997
VOLQUEZ is 2-0 when starting against PITTSBURGH with an ERA of 4.18 and a WHIP of 1.374.
His team's record is 4-5 (-3.7 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 4-4. (-0.7 units)

CHICAGO CUBS (50 - 42) at CINCINNATI (41 - 50) - 6:10 PM
DALLAS BEELER (R) vs. TONY CINGRANI (L)

CHICAGO CUBS are 1437-1595 (-277.8 Units) against the money line in all games since 1997.
CHICAGO CUBS are 702-703 (-159.0 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record since 1997.
CHICAGO CUBS are 123-129 (+1.0 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
CHICAGO CUBS are 33-24 (+8.8 Units) against the money line in night games this season.

CHICAGO CUBS is 8-3 (+4.3 Units) against CINCINNATI this season
5 of 10 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=-0.3 Units, Under=-1.1 Units)

DALLAS BEELER vs. CINCINNATI since 1997
BEELER is 0-1 when starting against CINCINNATI with an ERA of 7.20 and a WHIP of 2.000.

TONY CINGRANI vs. CHICAGO CUBS since 1997
CINGRANI is 1-2 when starting against CHICAGO CUBS with an ERA of 4.70 and a WHIP of 1.109.
His team's record is 2-4 (-5.5 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 1-5. (-4.5 units)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gift-express
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com