Cnotes Sports Page For Wednesday August 12th Best Bets-Trends-News !

Search

Tokens
Preview: Orioles (57-55) at Mariners (53-61)
Game: 3
Venue: Safeco Field
Date: August 12, 2015 3:40 PM EDT

Many of Baltimore's top sluggers are doing their best to try to push the Orioles to their third playoff trip in four years.

That effort may be all for naught if the starting rotation doesn't become more consistent.

The Orioles hope Kevin Gausman can help get the staff on track Wednesday against the Seattle Mariners.

Baltimore (57-55) lost 6-5 in 10 innings Tuesday, missing a chance to gain ground on the Los Angeles Angels, who own a two-game lead over the Orioles for the second AL wild-card spot, but also lost.

The Orioles have 20 homers and 22 doubles over their last 12 games, with Chris Davis batting .364 with seven home runs and 18 RBIs. Jonathan Schoop is batting .364 in that span, while Manny Machado is at .358. Despite hitting .235, Adam Jones has 11 RBIs.

Davis and Jones hit back-to-back homers in the eighth inning to rally the Orioles and help overcome a poor start by Chris Tillman, who gave up five runs in 2 1-3 innings.

Baltimore's rotation owns a 6.02 ERA during this 6-6 stretch, and its starters have lasted 4 2-3 innings or fewer five times.

The Orioles could be without another hot bat in Matt Wieters after he left in the third inning with a strained hamstring and was replaced by Caleb Joseph. Wieters, who missed 181 games from 2014-15 after undergoing Tommy John surgery, was hitting .383 in his last 13 after going 1 for 2 Tuesday. Joseph is batting .333 over his last 14.

Manager Buck Showalter is taking a cautious approach with his catcher and likely will rest him for this game ahead of an off day Thursday.

"It tightened up a bit, then it got worse as the game went on," Wieters told MLB's official website. "I think we caught it before anything would be serious."

Gausman (2-3, 4.56 ERA) might need lots of help from Baltimore's bats if his road struggles continue. He's 0-3 with an 8.41 ERA in four games and had another tough outing Friday against the Angels, surrendering six runs and a career high-matching nine hits over 6 2-3 innings in an 8-4 defeat.

But for all of his problems away from home this year, he fared well in his only previous start at Seattle, giving up one run over 6 2-3 innings in a 2-1, 10-inning victory July 25, 2014.

Robinson Cano, who is hitting .364 in his last eight games, is 4 for 6 against Gausman.

Nelson Cruz exited in the seventh inning due to neck spasms, but not before extending his hitting streak to a major league season high-matching 21 games for the Mariners (53-61). Cruz, who hit his major league-leading 34th homer, is batting .411 with 13 homers during that run.

"It's just kind of stiff, the neck," Cruz said. "Anybody can get that. I was sitting there and I felt the cramps."

Hisashi Iwakuma (3-2, 4.41) is 3-1 with a 3.00 ERA over his last six starts, completing at least seven innings four times. He's had trouble this year after logging high pitch counts, however, and Seattle hopes that trend doesn't continue after he threw a career-high 118 in Friday's 4-3 win against Texas.

He allowed a combined right runs over 11 1-3 innings in his two starts immediately following his previous 100-pitch outings this year.

Iwakuma is 0-2 with a 3.66 ERA in three starts against Baltimore, getting one run of support in 19 2-3 innings.

The Orioles haven't dropped back-to-back games since a four-game skid July 21-24

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Orioles at Mariners
Mon, Aug 10 Final 3 to 2
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Orioles at Mariners
Tue, Aug 11 Final 5 to 6
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 3
Orioles at Mariners
Wed, Aug 12 - 3:40PM EDT

Tokens
Preview: Reds (49-62) at Padres (54-60)
Venue: PETCO Park

The San Diego Padres continued their dominance of the Cincinnati Reds in high-scoring fashion but haven't given James Shields much support for much of the last two months.

Shields will seek to earn his second win in 13 starts while leading the Padres to a three-game sweep Wednesday.

San Diego (54-60) scored all of its runs in the first three innings in an 11-6 victory Tuesday, its eighth in the last nine games against Cincinnati (49-62). Jedd Gyorko homered in a five-run second and drove in a season-high four runs.

Yangervis Solarte went 2 for 4 and scored three runs while boosting his average in his last 14 games to .390.

"I took a couple of good swings tonight," Gyorko said. "I got some early RBI to kind of get us started. We were swinging the bats well."

The Padres have produced a combined 14 runs in Shields' last 11 starts and the right-hander has one win while logging a respectable 3.70 ERA. Shields (8-4, 3.75 ERA) has a 2.73 ERA in his last five games beginning with that lone victory July 17 against Colorado.

He gave up three solo homers in 6 2-3 innings against Philadelphia on Friday while striking out eight and left with the score tied in a 4-3 loss in 12 innings.

"I made three mistakes today; they took advantage of it," Shields told MLB's official website. "Sometimes that's going to happen. Overall, I felt like I pitched pretty well. I don't want to give up the home runs, but what are you going to do?"

Shields is seeking to reach double-digit wins for the ninth consecutive season and would appear to have a prime chance to move closer to that mark with the Padres hosting the Reds, losers in six of seven. San Diego has won five in a row at home against Cincinnati beginning with a three-game sweep June 30-July 2, 2014.

Shields lost his only start against the Reds on June 29, 2011, while with Tampa Bay.

In this one, he'll pitch opposite rookie right-hander Raisel Iglesias (2-4, 4.73), who lost 2-0 at Arizona on Friday for his fourth defeat in five decisions. He yielded one run, three hits and one walk over six innings.

Iglesias, one of five rookies in the Cincinnati rotation, has received 10 runs of support in his last seven starts and earned one win, a 4-3 victory against Pittsburgh on Aug. 1. His first start against San Diego is the 13th in a row by a Reds rookie.

"I feel that every time I go out there I gain experience," Iglesias said in Spanish, translated by catcher Brayan Pena. "My confidence level goes higher and higher. At the same time I know I need to improve my game and continue to work hard."

Pena, batting .368 in six games this month, is 5 for 13 lifetime against Shields.

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Reds at Padres
Mon, Aug 10 Final 1 to 2
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Reds at Padres
Tue, Aug 11 Final 6 to 11
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 3
Reds at Padres

Tokens
Preview: Phillies (45-69) at Diamondbacks (56-56)
Venue: Chase Field

Paced by a two-game offensive barrage, the Arizona Diamondbacks are in position to surpass the .500 mark for the first time in almost four months.

They can do so by recording their first home sweep of the Philadelphia Phillies in 15 years Wednesday.

One night after Arizona (56-56) pounded out 17 hits during a 13-3 rout of Philadelphia, it had 10 alone while scoring 11 times in the second inning of Tuesday's 13-1 victory. It's the second time the Diamondbacks have scored 13 or more runs in consecutive games.

"Very impressive,' said Arizona manager Chip Hale, whose team has won 12 of the last 17 games. 'A good game plan, and they executed and kept it going."

Arizona, which has recorded 47 hits and batted .486 with runners in scoring position during a three-game winning streak, last sported a winning record while sitting 8-7 on April 23.

David Peralta, whose grand slam highlighted the second inning, is 12 for 20 with 10 RBIs in the last five games.

'It feels good when you do something to help the team win," Peralta said. "We are doing really well right now.'

Rookie Yasmany Tomas went 4 for 6 in the series before leaving with tightness in his left calf Tuesday.

While Tomas' status going forward is uncertain and the Diamondbacks roughed up Philadelphia's Aaron Harang and David Buchanan for 19 runs and 23 hits in seven innings of the first two games, they get their first look at Aaron Nola (2-1, 3.65 ERA).

The right-hander has been solid through his first four career starts but needed to grind Friday when he gave up three runs, six hits and walked two but struck out six on 99 pitches through six innings of a 4-3, 12-inning victory at San Diego.

Philadelphia (45-69), which had won 16 of the previous 21 games heading into this series, was last swept at Arizona in April 2000. Perhaps making matters worse is the uncertain status of talented third baseman Maikel Franco after he suffered a bruised wrist when he was hit by a pitch Tuesday.

'It wasn't broken, so that was good news,' manager Pete Mackanin said. 'It looked bad. It sounded bad. I thought for sure it was broken but fortunately it wasn't.'

Veteran Chase Utley, meanwhile, cleared waivers and is eligible to be traded. San Francisco, the Chicago Cubs and the Los Angeles Dodgers appear to be interested in the second baseman, who is expected to be rested Wednesday after batting .412 in five games since missing more than a month with an ankle injury.

"I do love Philadelphia," Utley told MLB's official website. "I've had a great time playing here, but out of respect for them I would definitely listen to (trade offers)."

The Phillies will try to bounce back against Chase Anderson (5-4, 4.10), who hopes to build on a strong effort Friday when he came off the disabled list from a triceps problem to allow four hits and strike out seven in seven innings of a 2-0 victory over Cincinnati.

"My arm feels good," Anderson said after missing almost three weeks. "I'm healthy, and that's the main key. I felt really good and just pleased to get back out there and compete and help this team win games."

In his only appearance against the Phillies on May 15, the right-hander gave up a run in 5 1-3 innings while not factoring in the decision of a 4-3 loss.

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Phillies at Diamondbacks
Mon, Aug 10 Final 3 to 13
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Phillies at Diamondbacks
Tue, Aug 11 Final 1 to 13
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 3
Phillies at Diamondbacks

Tokens
Preview: Astros (61-53) at Giants (60-52)
Game: 2
Venue: AT&T Park
Date: August 12, 2015 3:45 PM EDT

After a rough road trip, the San Francisco Giants are off to a solid start to a weeklong homestand.

Houston, meanwhile, hopes to salvage something positive on another rough road stretch.

The Giants can continue their recent home success by sweeping a brief two-game set from the Astros on Wednesday.

San Francisco (60-52) was swept in a four-game set at Wrigley Field to conclude a 3-7 trip last week. The Giants, however, were able to open a six-game stay with Tuesday's 3-1 victory over Houston.

'Huge lift,' manager Bruce Bochy said.

The Giants have been in good spirits at home while going 15-5 since dropping nine a row there from May 30-June 15. Madison Bumgarner struck out 12 and allowed five hits to record his second complete game of the season Tuesday.

'You get in a tough deal like we get in losing four straight there and it's usually a well-pitched game that gets you out of it," Bochy said.

Chris Heston (11-6, 3.48 ERA) threw a gem May 12 at Houston when he allowed a homer to Jason Castro and one other hit while recording his first complete game in an 8-1 win.

'We weren't very disciplined,' Houston manager A.J. Hinch said after his team struck out 10 times without a taking a walk in that contest.

Heston, however, has gone 0-1 with an 8.31 ERA in two August starts after he went 4-0 with a 1.74 ERA in his previous six. Bochy, though, seems confident the rookie right-hander will get back on track.

'He's had a couple starts like this - he's bounced back,' Bochy said. 'He's a tough kid."

Heston hopes Brandon Belt stays hot after he homered twice Tuesday to match a career high with 17 home runs. The first baseman is batting .256 in 10 games this month with seven of his 10 hits being home runs.

He's 1 for 5 against Scott Feldman (4-5, 4.46), who is 0-1 in four starts since missing almost two months with a knee problem but has a 3.65 ERA in those games, and 1-0 with a 1.83 ERA in his last three overall on the road. He gave up two runs and two homers in six innings of a 5-4, 10-inning victory at Oakland on Thursday.

The right-hander is 0-3 with a 5.17 ERA as a starter against the Giants, last facing them in 2013.

He'll get a look at Nori Aoki, who will return to the lineup Wednesday after he was hit in the head with a pitch during Sunday's loss to the Chicago Cubs.

'Good for (Wednesday),' Bochy said of Aoki, who is 1 for 20 in his last five games against the Astros.

Clinging to a one-game lead over the Los Angeles Angels in the AL West, the Astros (61-53) have been held to one run three times during a four-game losing streak while going 1-7 on this nine-game trip. Among the worst road teams in the AL at 23-35, the Astros have batted .193 and averaged 2.4 runs while losing 15 of the last 17 away from Minute Maid Park.

All-Star Joe Altuve, however, is batting .429 in the last five road contests.

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Astros at Giants
Tue, Aug 11 Final 1 to 3
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Astros at Giants
Wed, Aug 12 - 3:45PM EDT

Tokens
Preview: Red Sox (50-63) at Marlins (45-68)
Venue: Marlins Park
Date: August 12, 2015 4:10 PM EDT

The Boston Red Sox couldn't take advantage of their leadoff hitter's splendid return, and their lengthy run of dominance over the Miami Marlins ended.

The Red Sox are hoping to get former Marlins player Hanley Ramirez back as they try to split a two-game set Wednesday and could have manager John Farrell in the dugout.

Mookie Betts went 3 for 5 with two RBIs in his return from a concussion that had kept him out since July 28, but the Red Sox (50-63) blew a four-run lead in a 5-4 loss in 10 innings Tuesday. Junichi Tazawa squandered a save attempt in the first game after Boston announced that closer Koji Uehara is out for the year because of a broken right wrist.

The Marlins (45-68) had lost seven in a row to Boston, including two defeats this season. It was just the fourth win in 17 games for Miami, which is also 2-7 in its last nine at home.

"We got down 4-0, but this team doesn't quit," said first baseman Justin Bour, who hit the game-ending single.

Ramirez missed his third consecutive game because of an ailing toe. Farrell was expected to lead the Red Sox on Tuesday, one day after undergoing hernia surgery in Detroit, but went back to the team hotel while bench coach Torey Lovullo served as acting manager.

Farrell's status is uncertain for Wednesday's finale as Boston looks to finish its eight-game road trip 4-4.

"It will be a day-by-day thing with him," Lovullo said. "If he can do it, I can guarantee he'll be out here. When you get to a certain spot, you have to sit back and listen to a professional. I think John wisely went home and got some rest."

The Red Sox have alternated wins and losses in their past six games, and Eduardo Rodriguez (6-4, 4.17 ERA) will try to keep that pattern going with another quality outing. The rookie left-hander is 1-1 with a 2.84 ERA in his last three starts but took a 2-1 loss to the New York Yankees on Thursday after giving up two runs in seven innings.

Rodriguez got a combined 15 runs of support in his previous two games.

"He pitched a very strong seven innings," Farrell told MLB's official website. "I thought he deserved better given the way he threw the baseball."

Rodriguez will make his first interleague start while another rookie southpaw, Adam Conley, will make his second in the majors. Conley (1-0, 4.05) is in the rotation because Jose Urena was placed on the disabled list Friday with a bruised left knee.

Conley gave up two runs in five innings in his other start, a 14-3 rout of Cincinnati on July 11.

The Marlins are hopeful Christian Yelich can return after sitting Tuesday because of a bruised right knee. Yelich is batting .387 with four doubles in his last seven games.

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Red Sox at Marlins
Tue, Aug 11 Final 4 to 5
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Red Sox at Marlins
Wed, Aug 12 - 4:10PM EDT

Tokens
Preview: Athletics (51-63) at Blue Jays (62-52)
Venue: Rogers Centre
Date: August 12, 2015 7:07 PM EDT

The hitting has been there all season for the Toronto Blue Jays, but now it's the pitching that's taken center stage as they look to extend their winning streak to 10 games Wednesday night against the Oakland Athletics.

Jose Bautista clubbed the team's 153rd homer - good for second in the majors - in Tuesday night's 4-2 victory. The trade deadline acquisition of Troy Tulowitzki has further added to Toronto's potent lineup - it has gone deep 23 times while going 12-1 since he joined the team - but it can also be argued the addition of David Price to the rotation shortly after landing Tulowitzki has made an even bigger impact.

The starters have gone 9-0 with a 2.17 ERA in 12 games with the left-hander on the roster and 8-0 with a 1.62 mark during this current winning streak. They've held opponents to a .180 batting average while allowing only 5.72 hits per nine innings the last 12 games - well below the rotation's season mark of 8.98.

The bullpen has a 0.86 ERA and limited opponents to a .134 average during this nine-game run.

"You can't expect the offense to score five, six runs every night," manager John Gibbons told MLB's official website. "It's a combination of things, it goes with good pitching."

It has been one of the most dominant nine-game stretches in the majors this season - the 1.43 staff ERA is the lowest by any AL team and the .158 opponent batting average is a major league-low for any nine-game stretch in 2015. Additionally, the 4.83 hits allowed per nine innings is the lowest by any team in the majors this year and for any nine-game span in Blue Jays franchise history.

Toronto (60-48) closed within one-half game of the New York Yankees for the AL East lead and has a chance to be atop the division this late in the season for the first time since repeating as World Series champions in 1993 - which is also the last time it reached the playoffs.

The Blue Jays tweaked their rotation, moving up knuckleballer R.A. Dickey (6-10, 4.59 ERA) to let Mark Buehrle pitch on six days' rest Thursday. Dickey has pitched well since the All-Star break, going 3-0 with a 0.99 ERA in five starts.

Dickey's lone mistake in seven innings against New York on Friday was a solo homer in Toronto's 2-1, 10-inning victory. It's the only home run he's allowed in 36 1-3 innings since the Midsummer Classic after being tagged for 17 in 114 2-3 innings over his first 18.

The right-hander finished two outs shy of a complete game in beating Oakland 5-2 on July 23 and improved to 2-1 with a 2.15 ERA in five starts versus the Athletics since joining the Blue Jays in 2013.

A's counterpart Aaron Brooks (1-0, 2.41) has made a good impression in two starts since being acquired from Kansas City, yielding two runs and nine hits in 14 1-3 innings.

The right-hander, though, struggled mightily in his only appearance against the Blue Jays on May 31, 2014, allowing seven runs in relief and retiring just two batters.

Done in by a two-error second inning, Oakland (51-63) leads the majors with 96, with a league-worst 30 committed by Marcus Semien.

'Right now I'm just taking this one kind of hard," the shortstop said after his throwing miscue contributed to Toronto's three-run rally.

The Blue Jays are hoping Edwin Encarnacion will be available after missing the last two games with a finger injury. Bautista has four homers in his last six games and is hitting .310 during a seven-game hitting streak.

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Athletics at Blue Jays
Tue, Aug 11 Final 2 to 4
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Athletics at Blue Jays
Wed, Aug 12 - 7:07PM EDT

GAME 3
Athletics at Blue Jays
Thu, Aug 13 - 12:37PM EDT

Tokens
Preview: Yankees (61-50) at Indians (52-59)
Venue: Progressive Field
Date: August 12, 2015 7:10 PM EDT

The New York Yankees' lead in the AL East has been reduced to the smallest amount possible.

Their offense has also experienced a major reduction lately.

Four straight losses have the Yankees in danger of dropping out of first place for the first time in over a month, a fate they'll try to avoid Wednesday night against the Cleveland Indians.

New York (61-50) was unable to right itself in Tuesday's series opener, losing 5-4 in 16 innings after closer Andrew Miller allowed two runs in the 10th and suffered his first blown save.

With their longest losing streak since dropping a season-high six in a row May 17-24, the Yankees' division lead over hard-charging Toronto was cut to one-half game. That advantage was seven games as recent as July 28.

'We're going to fight,' manager Joe Girardi said. 'We didn't think it would be anything different than that. We're going through a little tough stretch, but we'll get it turned around.'

After getting shut out in its previous two games, New York's drought reached 31 innings until Stephen Drew's sixth-inning homer. Carlos Beltran also went deep and Chase Headley had a two-run single, but the Yankees' offense remains a problem.

They've totaled eight runs and batted .159 during a 1-5 stretch. The first four hitters in the lineup - Jacoby Ellsbury, Brett Gardner, Alex Rodriguez and Mark Teixeira - went a combined 1 for 25 with nine strikeouts Tuesday. An 0-for-19 skid has dropped Ellsbury's average to .260, its lowest since mid-April.

'It's baseball,' Girardi said. 'That's it. If you're ready to give up, give up. I'm not ready to give up.'

CC Sabathia (4-8, 5.34 ERA) will try to help end the skid and win back-to-back starts for the first time since May.

This has been a very trying season for Sabathia, who owns the fourth-highest ERA in the AL and has allowed opponents to hit .295.

He did rebound from two dismal outings with an excellent performance Thursday against Boston. The left-hander exited without a decision in a 2-1 win after limiting the Red Sox to one run and three hits over six innings, striking out eight.

Pitching on six days' rest seemed to benefit Sabathia, who allowed fewer than three runs for only the third time in his last nine starts.

'I hated the rest before but, just to get my body in order, whatever rest they give me I'll take,' he said. 'If not I'll take the ball when they need.'

Sabathia, who pitched for the Indians from 2001-2008, has more wins (51), starts (121), innings (775) and strikeouts (702) than any pitcher in Progressive Field history. He's 3-0 with a 1.93 ERA in his last three starts against his former team.

He's had little trouble with Michael Brantley, who is 1 for 11 with six strikeouts in this matchup. Brantley, though, is batting .438 in his last 12 games and .439 with 10 RBIs during a 10-game hitting streak against the Yankees.

Brantley's walkoff single lifted the Indians (52-59) to their third straight win. They've scored 39 runs in the past four games after totaling 16 in the previous seven.

A revitalized offense and Danny Salazar (9-6, 3.38) on the mound figures to be a good combination for Cleveland.

The right-hander has turned in five straight quality starts, going 2-2 with a 1.53 ERA while striking out 35 over 35 1-3 innings.

He limited the Los Angeles Angels to one run and three hits over six innings last Wednesday and was in line to win his second straight start before Cody Allen surrendered three runs in the ninth.

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Yankees at Indians
Tue, Aug 11 Final 4 to 5
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Yankees at Indians
Wed, Aug 12 - 7:10PM EDT

GAME 3
Yankees at Indians
Thu, Aug 13 - 7:10PM EDT

Tokens
Preview: Rockies (47-64) at Mets (61-52)
Venue: Citi Field

Jacob deGrom's ERA is among the lowest in the majors, but he's only won two of his last five starts. The New York Mets, however, have been victorious in them all.

The Mets look for deGrom to continue their dominance on the mound during their home winning streak against the Colorado Rockies on Wednesday night.

DeGrom (10-6, 2.13 ERA) owns a 1.59 ERA and has averaged 10.59 strikeouts per nine innings over his last five games. The right-hander allowed a pair of solo homers and struck out seven in 6 1-3 innings while not figuring in the decision of Friday's 4-3 win at Tampa Bay.

"Jake's been pitching great. He gives up two homers and boy, the first guys there are the starting pitchers to shake his hand," manager Terry Collins told MLB's official website. "It was very cool to see."

Collins has certainly been pleased by deGrom's dominance at Citi Field, where he's 5-2 with a 1.60 ERA and 9.37 strikeouts per nine innings in 11 starts. However, deGrom is 0-1 with a 2.16 ERA in his last five there since he's been backed by 10 total runs.

DeGrom had nine strikeouts and allowed three hits in eight innings of a 2-0 home win in his only start against the Rockies on Sept. 9.

That's part of New York's eight straight home wins over Colorado, and the pitchers have carried the load with a 0.75 ERA. Matt Harvey tossed the latest gem, going eight innings in Tuesday's 4-0 victory.

The Mets (61-52) have a 1.31 ERA during a five-game home winning streak, improving to 40-18 there to match last season's win total. A victory Wednesday would give them the best home record in franchise history after 59 games.

It's unclear if they'll have Lucas Duda in the lineup after a stiff back forced him to miss Tuesday's win. He's hitting .375 with nine homers and 12 RBIs in his last nine home games.

"I don't think it's too serious," said Duda, a career .359 hitter in 11 meetings with the Rockies.

If Duda can't go, then Daniel Murphy could fill in at first base again. He has three hits through the first two of this four-game set, giving him a .423 average in the last six matchups.

He's hitting .412 over the last eight contests after batting .210 over the previous 20.

The Rockies have dropped 14 of their last 19 on the road and are turning to Jorge De La Rosa (7-4, 4.85). He's 1-0 with a 3.55 ERA over his last two starts after compiling an 11.17 mark with no decisions over the previous two.

The left-hander is 5-1 with a 3.94 ERA in his last six games - five starts - against the Mets. He's won both visits to New York over that stretch but the latest came in 2011.

De La Rosa has been much better on the road than at home this year, going 5-2 with a 3.19 ERA in nine starts compared to 2-2 with a 6.62 ERA in 10 at Coors Field.

The Rockies' 4.96 ERA is the worst in baseball and a far cry from the Mets' 3.21 that ranks second.

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Rockies at Mets
Mon, Aug 10 Final 2 to 4
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Rockies at Mets
Tue, Aug 11 Final 0 to 4
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 3
Rockies at Mets

GAME 4
Rockies at Mets
Thu, Aug 13 - 12:10PM EDT

Tokens
Preview: Braves (51-62) at Rays (57-56)
Venue: Tropicana Field

The normally light-hitting Tampa Bay Rays have won behind their offense lately, but went back to their usual recipe against the Atlanta Braves.

Jake Odorizzi, who has seen many would-be victories go awry due to a lack of run support, is probably hoping it was a one-night act.

Odorizzi takes the mound for Tampa Bay as it closes out a two-game set against visiting Atlanta on Wednesday night.

The Rays (57-56), amid the majors' bottom third in most offensive categories, entered Tuesday having won five of seven while averaging 5.3 runs and hitting .295.

They were outhit 6-4 Tuesday, but won 2-0 on the strength of Kevin Kiermaier's seventh-inning homer. Evan Longoria's hitting streak ended at nine games and Tampa Bay's top four hitters were 0 for 13.

Kiermaier's home run was his first since June 3 and just his third extra-base hit in his last 56 at-bats. Asdrubal Cabrera, who had two hits for his seventh multihit performance in eight games, is batting .478 since returning from a strained hamstring July 28.

Odorizzi (6-6, 2.77 ERA) has been a crucial part of the AL's second-best rotation, which boasts a 3.45 ERA and enjoyed seven-plus innings of five-hit ball Tuesday by Erasmo Ramirez.

After failing to complete six innings in his first three starts after returning from a strained oblique, Odorizzi has done so in three straight. He didn't have decisions in the last two, however, getting backed by three total runs of support.

He doesn't have wins in eight of his 12 quality starts, and Atlanta's Shelby Miller is the only pitcher with fewer victories (five) with a lower ERA and at least 18 starts.

Odorizzi is 5-2 with a 1.13 ERA in 11 starts at Tropicana Field since Aug. 30, posting a .170 opponents' batting average. He lost 2-1 at Atlanta on May 20, allowing two runs and four hits in six innings.

The Braves (51-62) continue to underwhelm on the road, averaging 2.3 runs while dropping 14 of 16. They wasted Williams Perez's first career complete game Tuesday.

Nick Markakis has been one of the few Braves performing well, hitting .393 over his last 14 games after going 2 for 4. He's 6 for 14 with a home run and double against Odorizzi and is batting .404 in his last 14 interleague contests.

Matt Wisler (5-2, 4.85) has allowed 12 runs over 10 innings in his last two games. He gave up a season high-matching nine hits in Atlanta's 9-8 win against Miami on Thursday.

Opponents are hitting .375 with runners in scoring position in Wisler's last four starts, a span in which he owns a 7.04 ERA. He recorded a 3.10 ERA in his previous five outings with batters hitting .200 in those situations.

"I need to get back to slowing things down when I get guys on base," he told MLB's official website. "I think I'm kind of rushing and letting the game speed up on me. I need to get back to settling down when guys are on base to make sure I'm executing my pitches."

Wisler is 2-2 with a 5.93 ERA in five road starts.

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Braves at Rays
Tue, Aug 11 Final 0 to 2
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Braves at Rays

Tokens
Preview: Brewers (48-66) at Cubs (63-48)
Venue: Wrigley Field
Date: August 12, 2015 8:05 PM EDT

The Chicago Cubs have been starting fast during their surge, frequently sending the opposing starting pitcher to the showers early.

Jason Hammel is coming off a short start of his own, but is in good position to bounce back.

The Cubs seek a 12th victory in 13 games Wednesday night when Hammel looks to improve to 8-0 against the visiting Milwaukee Brewers.

Milwaukee rookie Taylor Jungmann was pulled with two outs in the third inning after throwing 81 pitches in Tuesday's series opener as Chicago eventually won 6-3. Anthony Rizzo and Jorge Soler each drove in two runs for the Cubs (63-48), who pulled within 2 1/2 games of wild card-leading Pittsburgh with a fifth straight win.

"It's contagious," said Rizzo, batting .405 with a 1.349 OPS and 15 RBIs in 11 games against the Brewers this season. "We just want to keep it going. Get the next guy up and have them take care of their business."

The Cubs are making a habit out of knocking out the opposing starter early, with each of the last eight going less than six innings and six lasting less than five. Opposing starters have a 7.68 ERA in the last eight.

It was Hammel, however, who got the quick hook Thursday against San Francisco.

With his team leading 5-2, Joe Maddon lifted Hammel (6-5, 3.17 ERA) after he walked the first two batters in the fifth inning. Hammel was none too pleased but smoothed things over with Maddon after the 5-4 win.

'As a competitor, I want to be out there and clean up my own mess," Hammel said.

Six days earlier in Milwaukee, Hammel gave up a run over 5 2-3 innings in a 4-1 win to improve to 7-0 in nine career starts against the Brewers. The right-hander has a 2.18 ERA in those games - easily his lowest ERA against any opponent.

Hammel has two of the three 7-0 or better records against a single opponent among active pitchers. He is also 9-0 against Washington while Edison Volquez is 7-0 versus the Cubs.

To no big surprise, Hammel has regularly shut down Ryan Braun (1 for 9), Jonathan Lucroy (1 for 8) and Adam Lind (2 for 9).

Braun is expected to return after sitting out Tuesday because of a back problem. He is batting .417 in seven home games against the Cubs this season but hitting .080 in his last seven at Wrigley Field.

The last-place Brewers (48-66) announced before the opener that Doug Melvin is moving into an advisory role after 13 years as general manager.

Matt Garza (6-12, 4.95) takes the ball looking to build on one of his best starts as he tries to avoid joining Philadelphia's Aaron Harang and teammate Kyle Lohse as the majors' only 13-game losers.

Pitching under the Wrigley lights may not help, however, as Garza is 1-8 with a 6.21 ERA in 11 starts at night.

Facing San Diego on Thursday afternoon, Garza yielded a run and two hits over seven innings in a 10-1 win. It marked just the third time this season the veteran righty lasted seven innings.

'When I'm healthy, it's a different story,' said Garza, who was making his fourth start after a three-week stint on the disabled list.

Against the Cubs five days earlier, he permitted three runs - all on a Rizzo homer - and three other hits while walking four over six innings of a 4-2 loss. He has a 2.77 ERA in two 2015 starts against his former team, but this will be his first at Wrigley, where he posted an 8.10 ERA in losing a pair of outings last year.

Rizzo is 3 for 6 against Garza this season while Miguel Montero is hitting .421 in 19 career at-bats against him.

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Brewers at Cubs
Tue, Aug 11 Final 3 to 6
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Brewers at Cubs
Wed, Aug 12 - 8:05PM EDT

GAME 3
Brewers at Cubs
Thu, Aug 13 - 2:20PM EDT

Tokens
Preview: Angels (59-53) at White Sox (53-58)
Venue: U.S. Cellular Field
Date: August 12, 2015 8:10 PM EDT

Mired in their worst road losing streak in 22 seasons, the Los Angeles Angels don't expect the final stretch of the season to be an easy one.

They'll look to avoid a ninth consecutive road defeat and series sweep at the hands of the Chicago White Sox on Wednesday night.

Los Angeles (59-53) holds a slim advantage for the AL's second wild-card spot and remains well in reach of first-place Houston in the West. However, it hasn't looked like a serious postseason contender while batting .189, posting a .238 on-base percentage and totaling 17 runs in losing eight straight on the road for the first time since a nine-game skid July 17-25, 1993.

"We're going to keep grinding," manager Mike Scioscia told MLB's official website.

C.J. Cron had two of the five hits during Tuesday's 3-0 loss. The Angels were last swept at U.S. Cellular Field over a four-game set in July 2010.

After recording a pair of hits in Monday's opener, Mike Trout went 0 for 4 with two strikeouts. He's 2 for 16 with six strikeouts in four road games this month.

Albert Pujols is 1 for 12 and has fanned four times over the last three overall.

Each is 0 for 4 while combining for four strikeouts against John Danks (6-9, 4.79 ERA), who has overcome eight walks to yield one run over 18 1-3 innings to go 2-0 in his last three home starts. The left-hander also was solid on the road for four innings before giving up three runs in the fifth and sixth of Friday's 3-2 loss to Kansas City.

"All my stuff is a little better, but I'd say the cutter is more consistent," Danks told MLB's official website. "Just staying down in the zone better. The balls that got up were the balls that hurt me (Friday). I feel good about where I am."

He gave up two runs and struck out 10 in 7 2-3 innings while not factoring in the decision of a 3-2 home win over the Angels last season.

Danks will try to help the White Sox (53-58) match a season high with their fourth consecutive home victory. Carlos Rodon struck out a career-high 11 over seven innings, Melky Cabrera had two RBIs and rookie outfielder Trayce Thompson belted his first career homer for Chicago, which has outscored the Angels 11-2 in the first two of the series after losing eight of the previous 10.

Thompson is 4 for 9 in four games since making his major league debut last Tuesday.

Cabrera is batting .397 in his last 20 games and has 23 RBIs in his last 21.

Chicago gets its first look at rookie Andrew Heaney (5-1, 2.45), who looks to rebound from his worst start of the season after yielding four runs and 10 hits in 5 2-3 innings while not factoring in the decision of an 8-4 home victory over Baltimore on Friday.

The left-hander, however, is 2-1 with a 1.83 ERA on the road this season.

Teammate David DeJesus is 2 for 27 in 10 games since being acquired by the Angels on July 28, but could make his first appearance in this set based on a .360 average in 25 at-bats against Danks.

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Angels at White Sox
Mon, Aug 10 Final 2 to 8
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Angels at White Sox
Tue, Aug 11 Final 0 to 3
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 3
Angels at White Sox
Wed, Aug 12 - 8:10PM EDT

Tokens
Preview: Tigers (54-59) at Royals (68-44)
Venue: Ewing M. Kauffman Stadium

The Kansas City Royals have stymied the Detroit Tigers while extending their home win streak to their longest in 12 years.

Given how Edinson Volquez has pitched lately, the Royals would appear to have a promising chance to push their home win streak to eight straight Wednesday night while completing their first sweep of the Tigers in three seasons.

Kansas City (68-44) yielded four hits for the second straight game in a 6-1 win Tuesday. The Royals, who opened the series with a 4-0 victory, have won seven in a row at home for the first time since taking their first 11 games in 2003. They've also won 16 of 19 at Kauffman Stadium and five straight overall.

Kansas City will next get the chance to send out Volquez (11-6, 3.11 ERA), the owner of a 2.28 ERA in his last seven starts. The right-hander has also won three of his last four decisions following a 3-2 victory over the Chicago White Sox on Friday.

Volquez gave up one run in seven innings and has allowed one earned run in four consecutive outings at Kauffman. He's 7-2 in 12 starts there this season with a 2.60 ERA, ranked in the top 10 among qualifying AL starters, and has won his last three decisions.

"Volky's been really, really good for us here all year long, but especially his last three or four starts, he's been excellent," manager Ned Yost told MLB's official website.

Volquez has given up two runs in six innings in each of his last two starts against Detroit but took a 2-1 loss May 2 in his lone matchup this season. He'll next try to finish off the Royals' first sweep of the Tigers (54-59) since taking three games Aug. 28-30, 2012.

Detroit has totaled 12 hits and three runs in a three-game losing streak. The Tigers have also dropped 11 of 15 on the road.

"We just couldn't get anything going. We got (seven) walks, but we didn't get many hits to go with them," manager Brad Ausmus said Tuesday.

Ausmus' club will try to avoid dropping four straight for the first time since June 16-20, and Daniel Norris will seek to help with a better performance than in his second start for the Tigers.

Norris (2-2, 4.24) allowed five runs and nine hits in 3 1-3 innings in a 7-2 loss to Boston on Friday after allowing a run over 7 1-3 innings to win his Detroit debut.

The left-hander, acquired from Toronto in the David Price trade, will face Kansas City for the first time and will have to pitch carefully to Eric Hosmer, who has been one of MLB's hottest hitters in the second half. Hosmer, who hit a two-run homer Tuesday, is batting .427 with 19 RBIs in his last 24 games and .412 with a 1.098 OPS in his past 22 against Detroit.

Ian Kinsler, 0 for 7 in this series after hitting .537 in his prior 10 games, is 4 for 9 lifetime against Volquez and went 2 for 3 in the win in May. Victor Martinez is 0 for 10 and only his 0 for 13 performance versus Johnny Cueto is worse among pitchers he's faced 10 or more times.

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Tigers at Royals
Mon, Aug 10 Final 0 to 4
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Tigers at Royals
Tue, Aug 11 Final 1 to 6
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 3
Tigers at Royals

Tokens
Preview: Rangers (55-56) at Twins (56-56)
Venue: Target Field

The balance of the AL wild-card race can shift dramatically for the Minnesota Twins and the Texas Rangers.

After opening this series in walkoff fashion, the Twins attempt to win back-to-back games for just the second time in nearly three weeks Wednesday night against the Rangers.

Minnesota (56-56) is three games behind the Los Angeles Angels for the second wild-card spot, while Texas (55-56) is 3 1/2 back.

The Twins seemed to be spiraling out of contention, losing 16 of 21 entering this three-game series. However, eighth-inning RBI doubles from Joe Mauer and rookie Miguel Sano set the stage for Eduardo Escobar to complete the rally with a two-out, double in the ninth of Tuesday's 3-2 win over the Rangers.

"That's kind of how we've been all year," starter Kyle Gibson said. "We lost it there for a little bit here in the second half, but we're looking to get it back and definitely going to finish strong here in the next couple months."

The Twins are turning to Mike Pelfrey (5-7, 4.06 ERA), who's 0-5 with a 6.22 ERA in his last 10 starts. However, he's 0-2 with a 2.52 ERA in five home games while being backed by seven total runs over that stretch.

The right-hander, though, only had himself to blame Friday, surrendering seven runs and 10 hits in 3 2-3 innings of a 10-9 win at Cleveland.

Pelfrey is 0-2 with a 7.02 ERA in three career starts against the Rangers but they've all been in Texas. He was hammered for eight runs and 11 hits in 3 2-3 innings of an 11-7 loss there June 13 in the first start of his current winless streak.

Pelfrey has struggled with Prince Fielder, who is 10 for 28 with three homers and two doubles off him.

The first baseman raised his average to an AL-best .327 after his third straight two-hit game.

Elvis Andrus went 2 for 4 with a two-run homer Tuesday and is hitting .333 over the past 11 games. He's 6 for 16 with two homers and six RBIs in four meetings with Minnesota this year.

The Rangers have dropped three of four following a 7-1 stretch.

Now, they're looking for Nick Martinez (7-6, 3.91) to carry his recent home success onto the road, where the right-hander is 0-3 with a 9.14 ERA over his last four starts.

He's allowed three runs in 11 1-3 innings while winning his last two games - both at home. He yielded one run and one hit in five innings of a 4-3 win over Houston on Wednesday.

Martinez has no record and a 4.97 ERA in two starts against the Twins, giving up three runs in seven innings of a 4-3 home loss June 14.

He'll try to slow down Mauer, who is 2 for 6 off him and 6 for 15 in the past four games.

Sano is batting .333 in 17 home games since being recalled from Double-A Chattanooga last month.

"Hopefully we ride that bike and the wheels don't fall off until October," right fielder Torii Hunter said.

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Rangers at Twins
Tue, Aug 11 Final 2 to 3
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Rangers at Twins

GAME 3
Rangers at Twins
Thu, Aug 13 - 1:10PM EDT

Tokens
Preview: Pirates (65-45) at Cardinals (72-40)
Venue: Busch Stadium
Date: August 12, 2015 8:15 PM EDT

Home field has been a major advantage in recent meetings between the St. Louis Cardinals and Pittsburgh Pirates, and the Cardinals continued to enjoy a decisive advantage at Busch Stadium in their latest series opener.

Gerrit Cole looks to disrupt that trend - and become the majors' first 15-game winner - when he starts Wednesday night opposite another elite pitcher in Michael Wacha.

St. Louis (72-40) extended its NL Central lead to six games with a 4-3 victory Tuesday, going ahead with a three-run fifth. Jason Heyward was 2 for 4 with two RBIs and is batting .370 over his last 13 games.

The Cardinals, who can move 33 games above .500 for the first time since finishing 100-62 in 2005, have won seven straight meetings at Busch Stadium - including all four this season in come-from-behind fashion - and 16 of 18 there. The Pirates have won 13 of 19 matchups at PNC Park in the same span, including five of the last six this year.

Andrew McCutchen entered the series hitting .429 with 13 RBIs in his last 10 overall, but remained cold in St. Louis, going 0 for 4 with two strikeouts to drop his average to .107 over his last six trips there.

Pittsburgh (65-45), which had scored six or more runs four times in its last six home games against the Cardinals, has seven runs over its last five at Busch Stadium, going 4 for 39 with runners in scoring position.

"Carlos did what our pitching's known for," Kolten Wong said of Carlos Martinez, who struck out eight in eight innings Tuesday. "We're facing some good pitching on that side and they're going to face our best pitching. It's exciting."

Offense figures to come at a premium again for both teams with Cole (14-5, 2.39 ERA) taking on Wacha (13-4, 2.92). Cole, tied with Seattle's Felix Hernandez for baseball's most victories, can join teammates A.J. Burnett (2012) and Francisco Liriano (2013) as the only Pirates to win 15 games over the last 16 seasons.

He's 1-2 in four outings since the All-Star break, though the Pirates' offense may be more to blame than Cole himself. The right-hander has averaged 2.8 runs of support in his last four compared to 4.8 previously. Meanwhile, his WHIP is actually better in that span at 1.04, down from 1.12.

Nonetheless, both he and battery mate Chris Stewart were critical of his last performance Friday when he gave up three runs, four hits and three walks over six innings in Pittsburgh's 5-4 victory against the Los Angeles Dodgers.

"He was hit-and-miss," Stewart told MLB's official website. "With a couple of hitters, it just seemed like he lost it. He didn't really have a good feel for his control, and he admitted it out there."

Cole is 2-2 with a 3.24 ERA in five matchups with St. Louis, winning 5-2 July 10 when he allowed two runs on a Matt Carpenter homer over seven innings.

This is his first matchup with Wacha, who seeks a third straight victory after 14 scoreless innings against Colorado and Cincinnati. He's held opponents to a .189 average in his last four games.

Wacha is 2-0 with a 1.82 ERA in four starts against the Pirates, winning an 8-5 final at PNC Park on May 8 when he allowed two earned runs over six innings.

McCutchen is 5 for 12 against Wacha, who has logged five consecutive quality starts at home.

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Pirates at Cardinals
Tue, Aug 11 Final 3 to 4
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Pirates at Cardinals
Wed, Aug 12 - 8:15PM EDT

GAME 3
Pirates at Cardinals
Thu, Aug 13 - 7:15PM EDT

Tokens
Preview: Nationals (58-54) at Dodgers (63-50)
Venue: Dodger Stadium
Date: August 12, 2015 10:10 PM EDT

Clayton Kershaw's three Cy Young Awards and one MVP in four years put him on a level with Dodgers great Sandy Koufax.

They're about to be linked again.

Kershaw looks to match Koufax's franchise record of six straight 200-strikeout seasons Wednesday night when Los Angeles concludes this three-game set with the Washington Nationals.

Kershaw (9-6, 2.51 ERA) is just 27 but his individual accolades have already put him in Dodgers' lore. The left-hander has a chance to add to that elite status, as his major league-leading 197 strikeouts have him on the brink of joining Koufax (1961-66) as the only Dodgers to reel off 200 for six years in a row.

Kershaw is 4-0 with a 0.96 ERA and 10.91 strikeouts per nine innings over his last six starts, a stretch that included a streak of 37 consecutive scoreless innings. That run ended on his first pitch Friday, serving up a leadoff homer before giving up three more runs in six innings of a 5-4 loss in 10 at Pittsburgh.

"It was a tough one," Kershaw said of his shortest outing in almost two months. "I struggled all the way through pretty much ... I just didn't really have good stuff."

He's had plenty at home, going 4-1 with a 0.80 ERA and 58 strikeouts in 45 innings over his last six starts to drop his season ERA there from 3.16 to 1.66.

Kershaw has overpowered the Nationals to the tune of a 0.96 ERA with 57 strikeouts in 46 2-3 innings while winning six straight starts. He fanned a season-high 14 and yielded three hits in eight scoreless innings of a 4-2 win at Washington on July 18.

Yasiel Puig put on a dominant display Tuesday, finishing with a career high-tying five RBIs with a two-run homer and three-run triple in a 5-0 victory that snapped Los Angeles' season-high four-game slide.

The right fielder is 7 for 20 with nine RBIs in five season meetings with the Nationals.

While the Dodgers (63-50) are 2 1/2 games ahead of second-place San Francisco in the NL West, Washington trails the New York Mets by that margin in the East.

The Nationals are hoping Bryce Harper will be available after sitting out Tuesday with a sore left knee suffered while making a sliding catch in Monday's 8-3 victory.

'I banged it pretty good, kind of like a bone bruise,' Harper said. "So I was trying to be a little bit cautious. I know how I feel and what my body can handle. It's going to take time, and then we'll see where I'm at.'

Harper leads the NL in homers with a career-high 29 and is second with a .333 average. However, he's 1 for 9 with a solo homer and six strikeouts versus Kershaw.

Jordan Zimmermann (8-7, 3.44) takes the mound and has no record despite a 2.51 ERA over his last three starts against the Dodgers since he's been backed by three total runs.

A power outage after four innings kept him from being the pitcher of record against them July 14. The right-hander allowed two runs and three hits before Washington completed a 5-3 victory a day later.

That began Zimmermann's five-start stretch during which he's gone 0-2 with a 4.25 ERA. However, he allowed one run in 6 2-3 innings of a 5-4 loss to Colorado on Friday.

Zimmermann has allowed Puig to go 2 for 5, but he's held Adrian Gonzalez to 1 for 6 with a homer.

Gonzalez went 0 for 4 with two strikeouts Tuesday after going 10 for 21 with two homers and four RBIs in the previous five games against Washington.

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Nationals at Dodgers
Mon, Aug 10 Final 8 to 3
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Nationals at Dodgers
Tue, Aug 11 Final 0 to 5
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 3
Nationals at Dodgers
Wed, Aug 12 - 10:10PM EDT

Tokens
B]MLB MONEYLINE[/B]

MLB > (917) NY YANKEES@ (918) CLEVELAND | 2015-08-12 19:10:00 - 2015-08-12 19:10:00
Play AGAINST CLEVELAND using the money line in Home games against left-handed starters
The record is 4 Wins and 15 Losses for the this season (-16.2 units)

MLB > (909) PITTSBURGH@ (910) ST LOUIS | 2015-08-12 20:15:00 - 2015-08-12 20:15:00
Play ON ST LOUIS using the money line in Home games against right-handed starters
The record is 34 Wins and 9 Losses for the this season (+20.65 units)

MLB > (923) TEXAS@ (924) MINNESOTA | 2015-08-12 20:10:00 - 2015-08-12 20:10:00
Play ON TEXAS using the money line in Road games in night games
The record is 23 Wins and 16 Losses for the this season (+18.17 units)

MLB > (905) COLORADO@ (906) NY METS | 2015-08-12 19:10:00 - 2015-08-12 19:10:00
Play AGAINST COLORADO using the money line in All games as a road underdog of +150 to +175
The record is 8 Wins and 38 Losses for the last three seasons (-25.35 units)

MLB > (921) DETROIT@ (922) KANSAS CITY | 2015-08-12 20:10:00 - 2015-08-12 20:10:00
Play ON KANSAS CITY using the money line in All games in games played on a grass field
The record is 66 Wins and 41 Losses for the this season (+23.15 units)

MLB > (913) BALTIMORE@ (914) SEATTLE | 2015-08-12 15:40:00 - 2015-08-12 15:40:00
Play AGAINST SEATTLE using the money line in Home games against right-handed starters
The record is 40 Wins and 53 Losses for the last two seasons (-30.7 units)

Tokens
MLB RUNLINE

MLB > (921) DETROIT@ (922) KANSAS CITY | 2015-08-12 20:10:00 - 2015-08-12 20:10:00
Play ON KANSAS CITY using the in Home games when playing with a day off
The record is 7 Wins and 0 Losses for the this season (+11.05 units)

MLB > (923) TEXAS@ (924) MINNESOTA | 2015-08-12 20:10:00 - 2015-08-12 20:10:00
Play ON TEXAS using the in All games in road games
The record is 43 Wins and 15 Losses for the this season (+20.95 units)

MLB > (917) NY YANKEES@ (918) CLEVELAND | 2015-08-12 19:10:00 - 2015-08-12 19:10:00
Play ON CLEVELAND using the in All games when playing on Wednesday
The record is 13 Wins and 4 Losses for the this season (+12 units)

MLB > (925) HOUSTON@ (926) SAN FRANCISCO | 2015-08-12 15:45:00 - 2015-08-12 15:45:00
Play ON HOUSTON using the in All games when playing against a team with a winning record
The record is 66 Wins and 34 Losses for the last two seasons (+30.8 units)

Tokens
MLB TOTALS

MLB > (925) HOUSTON@ (926) SAN FRANCISCO | 2015-08-12 15:45:00 - 2015-08-12 15:45:00
Play UNDER SAN FRANCISCO on the total in Home games when playing against a team with a winning record
The record is 2 Overs and 14 Unders for the this season (+11.75 units)

MLB > (909) PITTSBURGH@ (910) ST LOUIS | 2015-08-12 20:15:00 - 2015-08-12 20:15:00
Play UNDER ST LOUIS on the total in Home games against right-handed starters
The record is 11 Overs and 30 Unders for the this season (+17.1 units)

MLB > (903) CINCINNATI@ (904) SAN DIEGO | 2015-08-12 15:40:00 - 2015-08-12 15:40:00
Play UNDER CINCINNATI on the total in All games in August games
The record is 0 Overs and 9 Unders for the this season (+9.2 units)

MLB > (911) WASHINGTON@ (912) LA DODGERS | 2015-08-12 22:10:00 - 2015-08-12 22:10:00
Play OVER LA DODGERS on the total in All games in home games
The record is 84 Overs and 49 Unders for the last two seasons (+34.6 units)

MLB > (905) COLORADO@ (906) NY METS | 2015-08-12 19:10:00 - 2015-08-12 19:10:00
Play OVER COLORADO on the total in All games when playing against a team with a winning record
The record is 30 Overs and 15 Unders for the this season (+14.95 units)

MLB > (919) LA ANGELS@ (920) CHI WHITE SOX | 2015-08-12 20:10:00 - 2015-08-12 20:10:00
Play OVER LA ANGELS on the total in Road games when playing with a day off
The record is 120 Overs and 65 Unders for the since 1992 (+51.15 units)

Tokens
MLB
Dunkel

Wednesday, August 12

Philadelphia @ Arizona

Game 901-902
August 12, 2015 @ 3:40 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Philadelphia
(Nola) 15.952
Arizona
(Anderson) 14.813
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Philadelphia
by 1
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Arizona
8 1/2
Dunkel Pick:
Philadelphia
(+145); Over

Cincinnati @ San Diego

Game 903-904

Dunkel Rating:
Cincinnati
(Iglesias) 15.647
San Diego
(Shields) 14.592
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Cincinnati
by 1
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
San Diego
6 1/2
Dunkel Pick:
Cincinnati
(+120); Under

Colorado @ NY Mets

Game 905-906
August 12, 2015 @ 7:10 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Colorado
(DeLaRosa) 14.844
NY Mets
(deGrom) 16.411
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
NY Mets
by 1 1/2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
NY Mets
6 1/2
Dunkel Pick:
NY Mets
(-190); Over

Milwaukee @ Chicago Cubs

Game 907-908
August 12, 2015 @ 8:05 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Milwaukee
(Garza) 14.493
Chicago Cubs
(Hammel) 17.056
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Chicago Cubs
by 2 1/2
9 1/2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Chicago Cubs
No Run Total
Dunkel Pick:
Chicago Cubs
(-180); N/A

Pittsburgh @ St. Louis

Game 909-910
August 12, 2015 @ 8:15 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Pittsburgh
(Cole) 14.393
St. Louis
(Wacha) 16.912
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
St. Louis
by 2 1/2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
St. Louis
6 1/2
Dunkel Pick:
St. Louis
(-125); Over

Washington @ LA Dodgers

Game 911-912
August 12, 2015 @ 10:10 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Washington
(Zmmermnn) 13.318
LA Dodgers
(Kershaw) 16.448
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
LA Dodgers
by 3
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
LA Dodgers
Dunkel Pick:
LA Dodgers
(-220); Under

Baltimore @ Seattle

Game 913-913

Dunkel Rating:
Baltimore
(Gausman) 13.621
Seattle
(Iwakuma) 16.998
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Seattle
by 3 1/2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Seattle
Dunkel Pick:
Seattle
(-135); Over

Oakland @ Toronto

Game 915-916
August 12, 2015 @ 7:07 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Oakland
(Brooks) 15..024
Toronto
(Dickey) 16.617
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Toronto
by 1 1/2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Toronto
8 1/2
Dunkel Pick:
Toronto
(-230); Under

NY Yankees @ Cleveland

Game 917-918

Dunkel Rating:
NY Yankees
(Sabathia) 13.938
Cleveland
(Salazar) 18.445
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Cleveland
by 4 1/2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Cleveland
7 1/2
Dunkel Pick:
Cleveland
(-140); Over

LA Angels @ Chicago White Sox

Game 919-920
August 12, 2015 @ 8:10 pm

Dunkel Rating:
LA Angels
(Heaney) 15.940
Chicago White Sox
(Danks) 12.883
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
LA Angels
by 3
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
LA Angels
8 1/2
Dunkel Pick:
LA Angels
(-135); Over

Detroit @ Kansas City

Game 921-922

Dunkel Rating:
Detroit
(Norriis) 13.424
Kansas City
(Volquez) 15.817
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Kansas City
by 2 1/2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Kansas City
Dunkel Pick:
Kansas City
(-175); Over

Texas @ Minnesota

Game 923-924

Dunkel Rating:
Texas
(Martinez) 11.443
Minnesota
(Pelfrey) 18.051
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Minnesota
by 6 1/2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Minnesota
Dunkel Pick:
Minnesota
(-115); Under

Houston @ San Francisco

Game 925-926
August 12, 2015 @ 3:45 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Houston
(Feldman) 16.517
San Francisco
(Heston) 14.691
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Houston
by 2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
San Francisco
Dunkel Pick:
Houston
(+130); Over

Boston @ Miami

Game 927-928
August 12, 2015 @ 4:10 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Boston
(Rodriguez) 12.717
Miami
(Conley) 14.368
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Miami
by 1 1/2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Boston
7 1/2
Dunkel Pick:
Miami
(+105); Over

Atlanta @ Tampa Bay

Game 929-930

Dunkel Rating:
Atlanta
(Wisler) 14.744
Tampa Bay
(Odorizzi) 17.844
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Tampa Bay
by 3
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Tampa Bay
Dunkel Pick:
Tampa Bay
(-195); Over

Tokens
MLB

Armadillo's Write-Up

Wednesday, August 12

National League
Rockies @ Mets

de la Rosa is 1-1, 6.91 in his last five starts (over 4-0 in last four).

deGrom is 2-0, 1.59 in his last five starts; under is 5-3 in his last eight.

Colorado lost last six games with the Mets; home side won 11 of last 12 in series, with last six staying under. Rockies lost three of last four overall; three of those four stayed under total. Mets won ten of last 12 games, with six of last nine going over.

Brewers @ Cubs
Garza is 2-2, 2.55 in his last four starts; six of his last nine went over.

Hammel is 1-1, 6.08 in his last three starts; four of his last five went over.

Milwaukee lost last five games with the Cubs (under 4-1-1 in last six); they lost three of last four games (over 4-2 in last six). Chicago won 11 of its last 12 games; five of last six went over the total.

Pirates @ Cardinals
Cole is 2-2, 3.27 in his last five starts (under 3-1 in last four).

Wacha is 2-1, 1.35 in his last three starts (under 3-0).

Pirates won five of last seven games with St Louis; over is 5-2-1 in last eight eries games. Pittsburgh won four of last five game (over 4-0-1). Cards won five of last six games; under is 6-1-1 in their last eight.

Phillies @ Diamondbacks
Nola is 2-1, 3.65 in his four starts; his last three all went over.

Anderson is 2-1, 4.03 in his last five home starts; three of his last four starts overall stayed under.

Phillies lost last two nights by combined 26-4, after coming into series on a 16-5 runs; five of their last six went over the total. Arizona is 6-3 in last nine games; three of last five stayed under. Phils won six of last nine in series; home side won last six, with three of last four going over the total.

Nationals @ Dodgers
Zimmerman is 0-2, 4.25 in his last five sarts; over is 4-1-1 in his last six.

Kershaw is 4-0, 0.96 in his last six starts; under is 7-1 in his last eight.

Washington is 5-4 in last nine games with the Dodgers (over 6-6 in last 12); Nationals lost eight of last 12 games (over 8-2 in last ten). Dodgers lost four of last five games; five of their last six games went over.

Reds @ Padres
Iglesias is 1-2, 3.33 in his last four starts; his last three stayed under. Reds scored nine runs in his last four starts.

Shields is 0-1, 3.66 in his last three starts; three of his last four went over the total. San Diego lost 12 of his last 14 starts.

Cincinnati lost eight of last nine games with San Diego; under is 8-4 in last 12 series games. Reds lost six of last seven games; nine of last ten stayed under the total. Padres lost six of last eight games, but won last two nights; over is 10-3 in their last 13.

American League
A's @ Blue Jays

Brooks is 1-0, 1.26 in his two starts (under 1-1)

Dickey is 3-0, 1.48 in his last four starts; five of his last six stayed under.

Blue Jays won last nine games, outscoring foes 46-17; last four went under the total. Oakland won five of last eight games with Toronto; under is 9-1-1 in last 11 series games- home team won nine of the eleven. A's won three of last four games, allowing ten runs.

Bronx @ Indians
Former Indian Sabathia is 0-0, 4.76 in his last four starts; six of his last nine starts went over the total.

Salazar is 2-2, 2.04 in his last five starts (under 4-1).

Bronx lost four of last five games with Cleveland, five of last seven series tilts went over. New York lost five of last six games, scoring eight runs (five of six stayed under). Indians are 4-2 in last six games; three of last four went over.

Tigers @ Royals
Norris is 1-1, 3.05 in his last four starts (under is 5-0-1 in his last six).

Volquez is 3-1, 2.36 in his last four starts (under 4-1 in last five).

Royals won last five games; six of their last nine stayed under- they've won five of last seven games with the Tigers (under 5-2). Detroit is 4-7 in its last 11 games (under 5-3-1 in last nine).

Angels @ White Sox
Heaney is 5-1, 2.45 in his last eight starts; five of his last six went over.
Danks is 1-0, 0.50 in his last three home starts; under is 4-2 in his last six starts at home.
Angels lost last three games with the White Sox (over 7-3 in last ten); Halos lost three of last four overall (under 4-3 in last seven). Chicago lost six of last nine games; 11 of their last 13 went over the total.

Rangers @ Twins
Martinez is 2-0, 2.38 in his last two starts; under is 5-3-1 in his last nine.

Pelfrey is 0-3, 7.12 in his last seven starts; under is 3-1-1 in his last five home starts.

Texas won six of last nine games vs Minnesota; six of last seven went under the total. Rangers won five of their last eight games. Twins lost seven of last nine games; five of their last six went over the total.

Orioles @ Mariners
Gausman is 1-3, 6.00 in his last five starts; under is 4-2-1 in his last seven.

Iwakuma is 1-0, 2.30 in his last two starts; four of his last six stayed under.

Orioles won six of last nine games with Seattle; eight of last twelve in series stayed under total. Mariners won six of last nine games; over is 6-3 in their last nine. Baltimore is 5-0 in games following its last five losses; over is 4-2 in its last six games.

Interleague
Braves @ Rays

Wisler is 0-1, 10.80 in his last two starts; three of his last four went over.

Odorizzi is 1-0, 2.41 in his last three starts; three of his last four went over.

Atlanta won five of last eight games with Tampa Bay (under 6-2); Braves are 3-2 in last five games overall (over 7-2-2 in last 11). Rays are 6-2 in last eight games; eight of their last ten went over.

Red Sox @ Marlins
Rodriguez is 1-1, 2.84 in his last three starts; three of his last four went over.

Conley allowed two runs in five IP (74 PT) in his first MLB start July 11.

Boston won seven of last eight games with Miami; over is 4-1-2 in last seven. Red Sox are 3-5 in last eight games overall; over is 3-0-1 in last four. Marlins lost six of last eight games; nine of their last eleven went over.

Astros @ Giants
Feldman is 0-0, 2.84 in his last three starts; five of his last seven went over.

Heston didn't finish 5th inning in either of his last two starts (0-1, 8.31); three of his last four starts went over the total.

Houston lost seven of last eight games; five of last seven stayed under total. Astros lost eight of last nine games with the Giants; three of last five went over. San Francisco lost four of last five; over is 5-2-1 in their last eight.

Win-loss records this year for team with this starting pitcher:
Col-NY-- de la Rosa 10-9; deGrom 14-7 (5-0 last 5)
Mil-Chi-- Garza 8-12; Hammel 10-11
Pitt-StL-- Cole 16-6; Wacha 16-5
Phil-Az-- Nola 3-1; Anderson 8-11
Wsh-LA-- Zimmerman 13-10; Kershaw 12-10
Cin-SD-- Iglesias 3-6; Shields 11-13 (2-10 last 12)

A's-Tor-- Brooks 1-1; Dickey 11-12 (4-0 last 4)
NY-Clev-- Sabathia 10-11; Salazar 12-8
Det-KC-- Norris 3-4, 1-1; Volquez 16-7
LA-Chi-- Heaney 7-1; Danks 10-11
Tex-Min-- Martinez 11-9; Pelfrey 11-10
Balt-Sea-- Gausman 3-4; Iwakuma 5-5

Atl-TB-- Wisler 6-3; Odorizzi 9-9
Bos-Mia-- Rodriguez 8-5; Conley 1-0
Hst-SF-- Feldman 6-8; Heston 14-8

Times this starting pitcher allowed a run in first inning:
Col-NY-- de la Rosa 7-19; deGrom 6-21
Mil-Chi-- Garza 6-20; Hammel 8-21
Pitt-StL-- Cole 7-22; Wacha 4-21
Phil-Az-- Nola 2-4; Anderson 7-19
Wsh-LA-- Zimmerman 7-23; Kershaw 5-22
Cin-SD-- Iglesias 2-9; Shields 6-24

A's-Tor-- Brooks 1-2; Dickey 4-23
NY-Clev-- Sabathia 7-21; Salazar 6-20
Det-KC-- Norris 4-7; Volquez 4-23
LA-Chi-- Heaney 0-8; Danks 7-21
Tex-Min-- Martinez 6-20; Pelfrey 3-21
Balt-Sea-- Gausman 3-7; Iwakuma 4-10

Atl-TB-- Wisler 5-9; Odorizzi 4-18
Bos-Mia-- Rodriguez 2-13; Conley 0-1
Hst-SF-- Feldman 4-14; Heston 3-22

Umpires
Col-NY-- Under is 7-2-1 in last ten May games.
Phil-Az-- Home side won nine of last ten Wolf games.
Mil-Chi-- Over is 7-3-1 in last eleven HGibson games.
Wsh-LA-- Five of last seven Iassogna games went over.
Pitt-StL-- Under is 4-2-1 in last seven Kulpa games.
Cin-SD-- Underdogs are 8-5 in last thirteen Davis games.

Det-KC-- Four of last five Fagan games stayed under.
LA-Chi-- Four of last five Culbreth games went over.
Balt-Sea-- Home side won 12 of last 15 Nelson games.
A's-Tor-- Seven of last ten Kellogg games went over.
NY-Cev-- Over is 4-1-1 in last six Rackley games.
Tex-Min-- Under is 5-0-1 in last six Segal games.

Hst-SF-- Six of last eight Estabrook games went over.
Bos-Mia-- Favorites won six of last seven Meals games.
Atl-TB-- Home side won six of last eight Wolcott games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnthonyPoi
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com