Cnotes Sports Page For Wednesday August 19th Best Bets-Trends-News !

Search

Tokens
Preview: Twins (59-60) at Yankees (66-52)
Game: 3
Venue: Yankee Stadium
Date: August 19, 2015 1:05 PM EDT

After Alex Rodriguez's grand slam injected some life into New York's offense, it doesn't figure to die down just yet with Nathan Eovaldi taking the mound for the Yankees.

Eovaldi has been the beneficiary of the Yankees' powerful lineup all year and will look to win his eighth straight decision Wednesday as New York goes for a three-game home sweep against the Minnesota Twins.

The Yankees (66-52) scored eight runs and posted double-digit hits in each of their first two wins against the Twins in this series, which coincided with two straight victories by Toronto that have kept their AL East lead at one game.

New York's offense struggled to just nine runs during a 1-6 slump earlier this month, but the club has regrouped with 33 runs on its current 5-1 tear.

More often than not, the runs have been there for Eovaldi (12-2, 4.26 ERA).

The right-hander has a 4.00 ERA since May 25, but he's gone 9-1 during that stretch because of a league-high run support average of 8.86. His 7.60 season support average is second in the majors to Drew Hutchison (7.72), who was recently demoted by Toronto.

Eovaldi, who has never finished above .500 nor had more than six wins over his first four seasons, is 7-0 with a 3.22 ERA since June 20 and hasn't lost since June 16.

That stretch includes a July 26 gem against the Twins for his 10th win of the season. Eovaldi allowed two runs and eight hits in a season-high eight innings with five strikeouts and just one walk in a 7-2 victory.

"It was real nice. I feel like it's the best start I've had all year," Eovaldi told MLB's official website. "I had the fastball working, and I got a lot of swing and misses with my split as well."

The Yankees have won four of five against the Twins this season and seven of nine dating to last July.

The Twins (59-60), losers of four of six and 11 of 16, will hand Ervin Santana the ball to oppose Eovaldi.

Minnesota waited 81 games for Santana to return to action, and they are still waiting to see the pitcher they cashed out $55 million over four years for in December.

Santana, suspended days before the season opener after testing positive for performance-enhancing drugs, showed a glimpse of what Minnesota was expecting with 15 2-3 scoreless innings in back-to-back wins last month.

However, his 9.90 ERA in four starts since July 29 is the highest in the majors. The Twins dropped all four of those games by a combined 24 runs, with three of the losses charged to the veteran right-hander.

Santana (2-3, 5.66) will need to break a personal drought against the Yankees to reroute his season. As a member of the Los Angeles Angels, Santana won five of his first six career starts against New York with a 4.72 ERA despite a disastrous three-inning, nine-run outing in 2007.

His record against the Yankees since then is 0-7 behind a 7.28 ERA, including 0-3 and 9.72 marks in three career outings at Yankee Stadium. His 7.28 ERA is the highest among starting pitchers with at least eight starts against New York during that time.

Santana is 5-8 with a 6.34 ERA in 17 career starts against the Yankees. Rodriguez, whose slam in the seventh Tuesday put the Yankees ahead 5-4 in an eventual 8-4 victory, has hit .333 against Santana with four home runs and 11 RBIs.

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Twins at Yankees
Mon, Aug 17 Final 7 to 8
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Twins at Yankees
Tue, Aug 18 Final 4 to 8
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 3
Twins at Yankees
Wed, Aug 19 - 1:05PM EDT

Tokens
Preview: Mariners (56-64) at Rangers (60-58)
Venue: Globe Life Park in Arlington
Date: August 19, 2015 2:05 PM EDT

Derek Holland hasn't caught a lot of breaks the past two seasons. He hopes his persistence pays off with the Texas Rangers in the middle of a playoff race.

The left-hander will take the mound for the first time since the home opener Wednesday night when the host Rangers try to avoid their ninth loss in 12 meetings with the Seattle Mariners this season.

After going 38-21 with a 3.98 ERA with Texas from 2011-13, Holland missed the first five months of last season following left knee surgery. He seemed poised for a bounce-back 2015 after going 2-0 with a 1.46 ERA in six September outings.

Holland (0-1, 9.00 ERA), though, lasted just nine pitches in his first start April 10 due to tightness in his shoulder. He finally showed enough to be cleared Friday after allowing two earned runs over five innings in a rehab start for Triple-A Round Rock.

He'll look to help Texas get back on track after its five-game winning streak and eight-game run at home ended in Tuesday's 3-2 loss.

The Rangers (60-58) were in last place when Holland returned in September. This time, they're four games back of AL West-leading Houston and 1 1/2 out of a wild-card spot.

"I need to make sure I don't put any added pressure on myself but keep the same intensity," Holland told MLB's official website. "I feel ready, and I trust my ability."

Holland is 8-2 with a 2.90 ERA in 14 career starts against the Mariners, going 3-0 with a 1.12 mark over his last six meetings.

Mark Trumbo, however, is hitting .289 with four home runs against him and Robinson Cano has batted .357 in the matchup.

Former Ranger Nelson Cruz had an RBI double and Seth Smith hit a two-run homer Tuesday as Seattle scored all of its runs in the first inning. Cruz is batting .432 in the 11 matchups in 2015 and has reached base in an AL season-high 29 straight overall.

The Mariners (56-64) are looking for their fifth win in six games in Arlington, but they'll likely need a much better performance from Mike Montgomery (4-5, 4.14). The left-hander went 4-2 with a 1.62 ERA in his first seven starts but has posted a 7.99 ERA in seven since - all Seattle losses.

Montgomery gave up a season-high nine runs over 2 1-3 innings of Friday's 15-1 loss at Boston. He allowed three runs over four in an 11-3, 11-inning home defeat to Texas in his previous outing Aug. 8.

"It's really not hard to analyze," manager Lloyd McClendon said. "If you look at the film, you see a lot of balls waist-high, middle of the plate, up out over the plate. Just no deception at all."

The Rangers scored 32 runs and hit eight homers during their winning streak. Rougned Odor homered and had two of the team's five hits off Hisashi Iwakuma on Tuesday.

Former Mariner Adrian Beltre batted .478 during a six-game hitting streak before going 0 for 4.

With Josh Hamilton nursing a sore left knee, the Rangers acquired Will Venable from San Diego on Tuesday. Venable, batting .258 with six home runs and 30 RBIs, is expected to join the team Thursday.

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Mariners at Rangers
Mon, Aug 17 Final 3 to 4
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Mariners at Rangers
Tue, Aug 18 Final 3 to 2
Boxscores

GAME 3
Mariners at Rangers
Wed, Aug 19 - 2:05PM EDT

Tokens
Preview: Marlins (49-70) at Brewers (51-70)
Venue: Miller Park
Date: August 19, 2015 2:10 PM EDT

With a franchise-record sixth straight losing season seemingly inevitable, the Miami Marlins have been getting some production from Ichiro Suzuki, Adeiny Hechavarria and Cole Gillespie.

They'll try to lead the Marlins to their first road sweep of the Milwaukee Brewers in nine years Wednesday.

Miami (49-70) has followed a 2-13 stretch by winning six of eight, scoring 5.9 runs per game in that span - 2.2 higher than its season mark.

The Marlins have totaled 15 runs in taking the first two games of this series, collecting 13 hits in Tuesday's 9-6 victory.

They last swept the Brewers (48-68) in three games May 6-8, 2008, but this would be their first time doing it at Miller Park since Sept. 1-3, 2006.

Suzuki turned in his first four-hit performance since July 28, 2013, on Tuesday. He's batting .353 in 15 games after posting a .105 average over the previous 10.

"As I've said, this guy's a Hall of Famer for a reason," manager Dan Jennings said. "He shows no signs of slowing down. It's great to see him out there picking us up in key spots and having the at-bats that he's having."

Hechavarria is looking to extend his career-high hitting streak to 13 games, which would match Dee Gordon and Marcell Ozuna for the team high this year. The shortstop has a .362 average in that stretch after collecting four hits in this series.

Gillespie is hitting .455 in nine games after getting two hits Tuesday, including a bases-clearing triple in the first.

The Marlins' Tom Koehler (8-10, 3.68 ERA) has lost four straight starts with a 6.17 ERA. The right-hander, though, hasn't been entirely awful over that stretch, yielding two runs in seven innings of Friday's 3-1 loss at St. Louis while not getting any runs of support for the second time in three games.

"You want to go deep," Koehler told MLB's official website. "You want to give your team a chance."

He's 0-1 with a 9.75 ERA in three games against the Brewers, failing to reach the sixth in two starts.

The Brewers, last in the NL Central, are giving the ball to Wily Peralta (3-7, 4.07), who is looking to build on his best performance since returning from a strained left oblique that sidelined him for nearly two months.

The right-hander tossed seven scoreless innings in a 3-1 win over Philadelphia on Friday after going 1-2 with a 6.06 ERA in his first three starts back.

"I'm feeling better and better each start," Peralta said. "I feel really strong."

That's certainly been true when facing the Marlins, against whom he's 2-1 with a 2.20 ERA in five career starts, including a 0.87 ERA in the last three.

He's allowed one run in 14 2-3 innings over two games at Miller Park, winning the most recent 4-1 on Sept. 10.

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Marlins at Brewers
Mon, Aug 17 Final 6 to 2
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Marlins at Brewers
Tue, Aug 18 Final 9 to 6
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 3
Marlins at Brewers
Wed, Aug 19 - 2:10PM EDT

Tokens
Preview: Dodgers (67-52) at Athletics (52-69)
Game: 2
Venue: O.co Coliseum
Date: August 19, 2015 3:35 PM EDT

Two approaching days off have allowed the Los Angeles Dodgers to go with a four-man rotation for now, and that means Mat Latos is headed for a 10-day stint in the bullpen.

It moves Alex Wood up to start Wednesday in Oakland as the Dodgers try not to let another one get away against the Athletics, and it could have to come without Yasiel Puig.

Latos allowed 10 earned runs in 8 2-3 innings over his previous two starts, though Wood (8-7, 3.74 ERA) hasn't been a great alternative since joining the Dodgers (67-52) on July 30. The left-hander is 1-1 with a 5.09 ERA in three starts with his new club, and control has been at the heart of the struggles.

Wood earned the decision in Friday's 5-3 home win over Cincinnati after giving up three runs and five hits in 6 1-3 innings, but he walked three and has issued eight in 17 2-3 with Los Angeles. It was better than the previous two, but he's still trying to prove he belongs.

"Tonight was the best of the three that I've thrown so far," Wood told MLB's official website. "I'm trying to earn the respect of the guys in the locker room here and hopefully tonight was a step in the right direction."

Danny Valencia is 3 for 3 with two doubles off Wood, and the third baseman started an eighth-inning rally that led to Tuesday's 5-4 win in 10 innings.

'It's definitely the most memorable game we've played,' said Mark Canha, who doubled to lead off the 10th and scored on Billy Butler's double. 'It's just been kind of an emotional roller coaster ride this year. To get a win like that, it was really cool.'

The Dodgers fell to 2-13 all-time in Oakland for their worst regular-season winning percentage at any ballpark, past or present, other than the Metrodome (0-3). Another defeat would also give them a season-high five-game road skid.

Puig could be absent after the right fielder was pulled Tuesday with tightness in his right hamstring after reaching on an infield single in the eighth. The injury comes 2 1/2 months after he missed 39 games with a left hamstring strain, and he's scheduled for an MRI Wednesday.

Oakland (52-69) snapped a season-worst seven-game losing streak, but it still hasn't held an opponent under four runs in nine games with the staff posting a 6.08 ERA. Even so, the A's are out to extend their season-best home winning streak to five.

They haven't lost a home series to an NL opponent since 2012 and have won 21 of 27 at home against the Senior Circuit.

Jesse Chavez is out to right the staff, but his season has continued to unravel in the last five starts after coming out of the All-Star break in strong form. Chavez (6-12, 3.84) is 1-3 with a 6.57 ERA since that outing, and he's given up at least four runs six times in his last 10 starts.

The right-hander surrendered four runs in six innings of a 4-2 loss in Toronto on Thursday, though considering three of those came on Ryan Goins' second-inning homer and Chavez struck out nine without a walk, his catcher was encouraged.

"He was throwing his bread and butter, that fastball-cutter, to both sides of the plate right on the corners," Josh Phegley said. "You could see some of the swings they took, they couldn't really figure it out. ... He looked great."

Chavez didn't receive the decision in a 10-7 loss at Dodger Stadium on July 29 after giving up three runs and five hits - including a homer to Puig - in five innings.

Kike Hernandez is 2 for 3 against Chavez and is batting .455 in his last five games.

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Dodgers at Athletics
Tue, Aug 18 Final 4 to 5
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Dodgers at Athletics
Wed, Aug 19 - 3:35PM EDT

Tokens
Preview: Braves (53-66) at Padres (58-62)
Venue: PETCO Park
Date: August 19, 2015 3:40 PM EDT

Although the San Diego Padres are among the worst home teams in the NL, they haven't resembled one against the Atlanta Braves.

The Padres go for a 10th straight home victory over the Braves in the finale of this three-game set at Petco Park on Wednesday.

San Diego (58-62) is 28-29 at home after posting a 48-33 mark last year, which ranked behind only three teams tied for the league's best record.

The Padres' home struggles, however, haven't hampered their dominance of the Braves (53-66), who lost 5-3 in Monday's opener before getting pounded 9-0 a day later.

Melvin Upton Jr. did most of the damage against his former team Tuesday, going 3 for 4 with two homers and five RBIs - both season highs. He started in center after San Diego traded Will Venable to Texas, but he's hitting just .242 in his first year with the club.

"I didn't see that coming, but I felt pretty good at the plate," Upton said. "Obviously the situation that me and Will were kind of alternating, that's tough for anybody, especially when you're accustomed to playing every day. I've been working hard and grinding.

"I felt this is a product of the work I've put in and my hitting coach has been behind me. I believe in what I'm doing. It was just good to show a flash of it."

Upton hasn't shown the same flash at pitcher-friendly Petco, compiling a .208 average and six RBIs in 22 games.

Tyson Ross (8-9, 3.40 ERA) is having his own trouble there with a 4.40 ERA in 10 starts compared to a 2.71 mark and 5-3 record in 15 on the road.

The right-hander gave up seven runs with 16 strikeouts in 12 2-3 innings in his last two home starts, which ended in losses to Miami and Philadelphia - owners of two of the worst records in baseball.

Ross had a tough time with another struggling team Friday, giving up four runs - two earned - with five strikeouts and three walks in five innings while not getting a decision in a 9-5 win at Colorado.

He's 0-1 with a 3.00 ERA in two starts against the Braves after allowing three runs - two earned - in six innings of a 4-1 loss at Atlanta on June 10.

Ross has limited Freddie Freeman to a 1-for-6 performance at the plate with two strikeouts, and the first baseman is slated to return from a strained left oblique that's sidelined him since Aug. 3. He has hit .375 over his last 16 meetings with San Diego.

Julio Teheran (8-6, 4.44) takes the mound looking to improve on his 2-5 record and 6.75 ERA in 12 road starts. However, the right-hander allowed two runs with seven strikeouts in seven innings of a 6-2 win at Philadelphia on Aug. 2.

That's part of a three-start stretch - all Atlanta wins - during which he's gone 2-0 with a 2.75 ERA. Teheran allowed one run with seven strikeouts in six innings of Friday's 3-2 win over Arizona.

"I feel better," Teheran said. "I've been working really hard. I feel like right now, I'm where I want to be. I've been working for this and just trying to be consistent."

He's 1-2 with a 5.26 ERA in four career starts against the Padres, but this will mark his first outing at Petco since surrendering five runs and two homers in six innings of a loss on June 10, 2013.

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Braves at Padres
Mon, Aug 17 Final 3 to 5
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Braves at Padres
Tue, Aug 18 Final 0 to 9
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 3
Braves at Padres
Wed, Aug 19 - 3:40PM EDT

Tokens
Preview: Mets (64-55) at Orioles (61-57)
Venue: Oriole Park at Camden Yards
Date: August 19, 2015 7:05 PM EDT

Noah Syndergaard has impressed this season, but the Mets rookie is still searching for a first well into the month of August.

New York's young right-hander has yet to win a road start this season, something he'd love to rectify Wednesday night as the Mets try for a 10th straight win over the Baltimore Orioles.

New York (64-55) snapped a three-game skid Tuesday night in the series opener while ending Baltimore's four-game winning streak, and will now try to make it a four-game season sweep. The Mets have outscored the Orioles 46-15 in a series where they haven't lost since 2009.

Trying to at least maintain a 4 1/2-game lead atop the NL East, New York will look to do something it has managed just once all season: win a road game started by Syndergaard.

Syndergaard (7-6, 3.07 ERA) has polar opposite lines at and away from Citi Field this season, sporting a 7-1 record and 1.82 ERA at home and an 0-5 mark and 5.01 ERA on the road. His struggles away from home go along with his team's, as the Mets carry a 22-34 road mark even after Tuesday's 5-3 win.

The right-hander has allowed five homers in his last three starts and eight runs in 11 innings over his last two, but he worked through a bumpy first inning against the Rockies on Thursday.

After surrendering home runs to DJ LeMahieu and Nolan Arenado, Syndergaard settled down to allow just two more hits and another run over his final six innings in a 12-3 win.

"After that, I was just able to settle down and continue to pitch, rather than throw," Syndergaard told MLB's official website. "It was one of those outings where I was able to make mechanical adjustments throughout the game. It's not necessarily how you start, it's how you finish."

Despite Syndergaard's issues on the road, Baltimore manager Buck Showalter doesn't think runs will be any easier to come by on Wednesday.

"That's why they're in first place. They run out five above-average starters," Showalter told MLB's official website. "If we're going to get where we want to go, we're going to have to earn it. Everybody will. That's why it's so rewarding if you can do it."

The Orioles (61-57) are involved in a tight race for the AL's second wild-card spot, but they don't quite know what they will get out of their Wednesday starter.

Ubaldo Jimenez (9-7, 3.92) followed up his best outing of the season - eight shutout innings against the Angels - by allowing four runs and nine hits against the A's on Friday. It took him 102 pitches to make it through five innings.

Jimenez has a 7.39 ERA in six starts since the All-Star break even with that gem in Anaheim. He's already struggled against the Mets this season, lasting just four innings and allowing three runs May 6 in a 5-1 loss at Citi Field.

Catcher Matt Wieters returned to Baltimore's lineup Tuesday after missing a week with a right hamstring strain. Wieters went 2 for 4 with a pair of singles and a run scored, boosting his average to .362 in 19 home games this season.

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Mets at Orioles
Tue, Aug 18 Final 5 to 3
Boxscores

GAME 2
Mets at Orioles
Wed, Aug 19 - 7:05PM EDT

Tokens
Preview: Blue Jays (66-54) at Phillies (46-73)
Venue: Citizens Bank Park

Simply giving props to Mark Buehrle for having longevity in the major leagues underestimates just how consistently well he has pitched over the last 15 years.

That's especially true now with the 36-year-old quietly having one of the finest seasons of his career.

Buehrle looks to help guide the Toronto Blue Jays to a fifth straight road victory when he takes the mound against the Philadelphia Phillies on Wednesday night.

The last time Buehrle (13-5, 3.31 ERA) allowed more than three earned runs was May 29, when his ERA stood at 4.97 after beating Minnesota. He's gone 7-1 with a 2.16 ERA in 13 starts since, walking just 10 in 91 2-3 innings.

Buehrle has pitched at least seven innings 11 times in that stretch, including each of his last three. He's 45 innings short of joining Hall of Famers Warren Spahn and Don Sutton as the only others since 1901 to toss at least 200 in 15 straight seasons.

The left-hander's four complete games are two more than he had in his previous four seasons combined and one shy of his career high set in 2002 with the Chicago White Sox.

Buehrle's 1.16 WHIP would be his lowest since a career-best 1.07 in 2001, and he hasn't finished with a better ERA than his current mark since 2005, when it was a career-best 3.12.

'He's a magician out there and always has been,' infielder Ryan Goins said after Buehrle beat Oakland 4-2 on Thursday.

The Phillies likely thought similarly when Buehrle faced them last season. He allowed three hits over seven innings of a 10-0 victory May 7, 2014, improving to 3-0 with a 1.55 ERA in his last four starts against Philadelphia dating back to his time with Miami in 2012.

Buehrle is holding opponents to a .218 average in three starts during Toronto's 16-3 stretch that began July 29 with a win over the Phillies (46-73). The wild card-leading Blue Jays (66-54) remained one game behind the New York Yankees for the AL East lead with Tuesday's 8-5 victory over Philadelphia to begin this two-game series.

Josh Donaldson hit his 32nd and 33rd homers while driving in four runs, giving him a baseball-best 91 RBIs.

'I'm in a position in the lineup where I need to come through, and fortunately I've been able to do that,' Donaldson said. 'Every time I come up I expect to not only have a good at-bat, but to help my team win.'

Donaldson went 0 for 2 with a walk July 28 against Adam Morgan (3-4, 4.11), who will be on the hill again in this contest. The rookie left-hander won that outing 3-2, settling down over his next five innings after allowing a leadoff homer to Devon Travis in the bottom of the first.

Morgan again had to regain his composure Friday after a rough start in a 3-1 loss to Milwaukee. He retired the last 11 batters he faced while going six innings, giving up a run in the second and two in the third.

"Everything felt great - shoulder, body, everything," Morgan said. "I'm just looking forward to the next one."

Morgan's defeat began Philadelphia's four-game losing streak. Chase Utley, who has been the subject of trade rumors after clearing waivers, had two hits Tuesday and is batting .484 during an eight-game hitting streak since coming off the disabled list Aug. 7.

Utley, though, is 1 for 11 with five strikeouts in his career against Buehrle.

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Blue Jays at Phillies
Tue, Aug 18 Final 8 to 5
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Blue Jays at Phillies

Tokens
Preview: Diamondbacks (58-60) at Pirates (70-47)
Venue: PNC Park

Pedro Florimon unexpectedly provided the latest drama for the Pittsburgh Pirates, who are dominating opponents at home.

They'll look to make things easier on themselves in the finale of this three-game series with the Arizona Diamondbacks on Wednesday night.

Pittsburgh (70-47) has won five of six with three of the victories decided in extra innings, including Tuesday's 9-8 win that came on Florimon's walkoff triple in the 15th.

"You've just got to keep playing. Sometimes when things get late, funny things happen," manager Clint Hurdle said, alluding to the light-hitting shortstop's second hit in 19 at-bats on the season.

The Pirates' 16-4 record in their last 20 home games is the best in the majors over that span. It's a big reason why they're 2 1/2 games ahead of Chicago for the NL's first wild-card spot.

J.A. Happ (0-1, 4.66 ERA), acquired at the trade deadline from Seattle, is looking to make a better impression at PNC Park. He gave up four runs in 4 1-3 innings of a 5-0 loss to the Cubs in his Pirates debut Aug. 4 at home.

The left-hander was better in Friday's 3-2, 10-inning win over the New York Mets, yielding one run and seven hits with seven strikeouts in 5 1-3. Still, he's 0-2 with a 7.36 ERA over his last six starts - four with Seattle.

"This put J.A. into a really good place after the first outing," Hurdle told MLB's official website Friday. "He's got to feel much better about himself. That's the kind of guy we've seen on video.

"He knows he's got it in himself, and it was good for him to get it out, and put it in play."

Happ is 1-1 with a 2.25 ERA in four games - three starts - versus the Diamondbacks, his last start against them coming with Houston in 2011. He faced them out of the bullpen with the Mariners on July 27, striking out two in a perfect ninth of a 4-3 loss that ended an inning later.

Pedro Alvarez is 4 for 8 with three RBIs in this series. The first baseman has a .484 average with four homers while driving in eight runs in the past nine games.

He's gone 7 for 15 with six RBIs in the last four meetings with Arizona (58-60).

The Diamondbacks, who took the series opener 4-1 on Monday, will hand the ball to Robbie Ray (3-8, 3.29). The rookie left-hander is 0-4 with a 5.06 ERA in six starts and has lost three straight with a 5.87 mark.

Ray is coming off his shortest start of the season, giving up three runs and walking four in 4 1-3 innings of a 3-2 defeat at Atlanta on Friday.

He surrendered four runs and struck out five in five innings with Detroit in a 4-2 road defeat in his only meeting with Pittsburgh on Aug. 12, 2014.

Paul Goldschmidt, who has never faced Happ, has gone 1 for 12 over the last three games. That's dropped his average to .333 and left him in a tie with Miami's Dee Gordon for the NL batting lead.

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Diamondbacks at Pirates
Mon, Aug 17 Final 4 to 1
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Diamondbacks at Pirates
Tue, Aug 18 Final 8 to 9
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 3
Diamondbacks at Pirates

Tokens
Preview: Indians (55-63) at Red Sox (53-66)
Venue: Fenway Park
Date: August 19, 2015 7:10 PM EDT

The last time a pitcher threw three straight complete games, Corey Kluber was laboring through his last full season in the minors more than two months away from his MLB debut.

It was also two years before he'd find any sustained success.

Cleveland's reigning Cy Young winner can match a former Indians ace with his own three-start run Wednesday night in Boston against a Red Sox lineup showing plenty of offensive promise entering a new front-office era.

Cliff Lee, who won the 2008 Cy Young in Cleveland, strung three complete games together for Philadelphia from June 11-26, 2011. Kluber (8-12, 3.34 ERA) went 7-11 with a 5.56 ERA in 27 starts for Triple-A Columbus before coming up as a reliever that September.

He's since evolved into one of the AL's most reliable arms, and that's only progressed in his last 14 starts with four complete games after notching three in his first 81.

The 29-year-old's ERA won't be confused for his 2.44 mark last season, but in terms of other categories he can control, Kluber is in some ways having a better year.

His WHIP (1.04), opponent batting average (.231), OPS (.616) and walks per nine innings (1.69) are all career lows. Possibly the greatest explanation for his record is his run-support average dipping from 4.39 last year to 3.59.

Not only has Kluber won three of his last four starts, he's pitched complete games in each victory. He's 3-1 with a 2.20 ERA in that span, and he's given up two runs and four hits in 18 innings over his last two starts - both against Minnesota.

"He was just in command the whole time and I think he kind of showed you, when we score some runs, he kind of puts it in overdrive," manager Terry Francona told MLB's official website.

Boston gave him trouble even last year, though he avoided losses in two outings and is 0-1 with a 5.56 ERA in four starts and a relief appearance in his career.

Opposing pitchers haven't often been able to do much better lately against the Red Sox (55-63), who evened the series with Tuesday's 9-1 win as news broke that they'd hired former Detroit boss Dave Dombrowski as president.

The Red Sox also said general manager Ben Cherington is leaving the club less than two years removed from their latest World Series title, and the announcements came on the day manager John Farrell began chemotherapy for lymphoma.

"It's been an awkward week to say the least," interim manager Torey Lovullo said. "... Despite this news and despite these tough circumstances, we have to go out there and represent the Boston Red Sox to the best of our abilities, we have to go out there and compete every night, and we've got to win baseball games. Those are my expectations. I also mentioned to them that they're going to be evaluated."

Boston has needed no such shakeup at the plate with MLB-bests of 7.0 runs per game and a .315 average over a 10-11 span. Travis Shaw is batting .500 in his last five games and Brock Holt is at .483 over his previous six.

It's benefited Joe Kelly, who's won his last three starts with a 4.41 ERA and improved in each, though it's come with 27 runs of support. The right-hander gave up a run and four hits in six innings of Friday's 15-1 home win over Seattle, but Kelly (5-6, 5.69) still hasn't gone beyond six innings in 11 straight starts.

He's also 4-5 with a 5.68 ERA in 14 career starts in Boston versus 20-15 with a 3.62 mark in his other 53 starts.

Jason Kipnis is 2 for 2 against Kelly, and the Cleveland second baseman returned from the 15-day disabled list Tuesday in pinch-hit duty after missing 14 games with right shoulder inflammation. He's expected to start Wednesday, and Giovanny Urshela (sore right shoulder) could also return.

The Indians (53-66) have had Michael Brantley back for two games, and his homer was the extent of the offense Tuesday. They've scored one run in three of the last four games while batting .202.

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Indians at Red Sox
Mon, Aug 17 Final 8 to 2
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Indians at Red Sox
Tue, Aug 18 Final 1 to 9
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 3
Indians at Red Sox
Wed, Aug 19 - 7:10PM EDT

Tokens
Preview: Royals (72-46) at Reds (51-66)
Venue: Great American Ball Park
Date: August 19, 2015 7:10 PM EDT

Backed by clutch hitting and another strong pitching performance, the Kansas City Royals extended their hot streak in the opener of a six-game trip.

Now they might need more from the offense with Jeremy Guthrie taking the hill in Cincinnati.

Guthrie will try to reverse his fortune on the road as the Royals seek a 10th win in 12 games and a four-game season sweep of the Reds on Wednesday night.

Kansas City starters rank in the bottom half of the majors with a 4.18 ERA, but they've been key to the AL leaders' recent success with a 1.80 mark over the past eight games.

Edinson Volquez provided the latest solid outing Tuesday when he allowed one run over six innings in a 3-1, 13-inning win in the opener of this two-game series.

It looked as though the Royals' winning streak would end at four before Ben Zobrist homered off Aroldis Chapman in the 9th and Jarrod Dyson and Zobrist knocked in runs in the 13th. It was Chapman's first blown save in 57 chances at home dating to September 2012.

'All I can tell you is I had a bad day," Chapman said through an interpreter. "I made a mistake.'

Kansas City (72-46), which leads the AL Central by 13 1/2 games, had averaged 5.6 runs over an eight-game stretch before totaling seven in 23 innings over its past two. Alcides Escobar had three hits Tuesday while Eric Hosmer extended his hitting streak to nine games.

Guthrie (8-7, 5.63 ERA) was believed to be on the verge of losing his rotation spot Thursday before giving up one run and two hits over six innings in a 7-6 home loss to the Los Angeles Angels. He had surrendered 18 runs and 31 hits over his previous three starts.

"I thought I had good command of my fastball consistently," Guthrie told MLB's official website. "And my curveball."

The right-hander hasn't had command of much on the road. His 7.66 ERA in 10 starts is second to Toronto's Drew Hutchison among pitchers with at least 50 innings away from home.

Guthrie had few issues with Cincinnati at home May 20, allowing no runs and five hits over six innings in a 7-1 win.

Brandon Phillips went 2 for 3 off Guthrie in that game and is 6 for 9 with a home run and a double lifetime. The second baseman is batting .393 during a 13-game hitting streak at home.

Eugenio Suarez's first-inning homer accounted for the Reds' only run Tuesday. Cincinnati has batted .163 with 51 strikeouts while totaling seven runs over its last five home games.

The Reds (51-66), who will try to avoid their fifth straight loss, will give the ball to a rookie for the 20th straight game - the longest such streak since St. Louis did it in September 1997.

Keyvius Sampson (2-1, 3.18) has shown promise, limiting opponents to three runs or fewer while going at least five innings in his three starts. The right-hander yielded two runs over five Thursday in a 10-3 road win over the Dodgers.

Omar Infante is day-to-day with back spasms for the Royals, while Billy Hamilton's status is uncertain after the Reds center fielder jammed his shoulder in Tuesday's 11th inning.

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Royals at Reds
Tue, Aug 18 Final 3 to 1
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Royals at Reds
Wed, Aug 19 - 7:10PM EDT

Tokens
Preview: Giants (65-54) at Cardinals (76-43)
Venue: Busch Stadium
Date: August 19, 2015 7:15 PM EDT

While one starter will try to stay on a roll Wednesday night, the other is looking to rediscover his old ways in a matchup between the NL's last two champions.

The rubber match of a three-game set between St. Louis and San Francisco at Busch Stadium pits two starters going in opposite directions: Cardinals left-hander Jaime Garcia is moving up and former Giants ace Matt Cain is heading down.

The first two games of the series were low-scoring affairs with the Cardinals earning a 2-1 win in the opener before the Giants responded with a 2-0 victory Tuesday.

Garcia figures to stick to that trend. The veteran lefty has held opponents to two or fewer runs in nine of his 11 starts this season, and he dropped his ERA to a season-low 1.57 with another gem Friday against Miami.

The Cardinals (76-42) own the lowest ERA in the big leagues but hadn't had a starting pitcher record an out in the ninth inning until Garcia (5-4). He allowed one unearned run and six hits in 8 1-3 innings during a 3-1 win.

It was Garcia's fourth start since coming off the disabled list from a groin injury and second consecutive outing allowing no earned runs.

"You go out there with a healthy Jaime and you never know what you could end up watching," Cardinals manager Mike Matheny told MLB's official website.

"Just watching their good hitters take the kind of at-bats they take against him, you can just see that when we talk about something looking different. It's unlike a lot of pitching they're going to see all season long. That's what makes him special."

Garcia has a 1.37 ERA since returning from the DL, allowing four earned runs and 14 hits in 26 1-3 innings. He hasn't faced the Giants since May 2014, but he is 2-1 with a 1.78 ERA in five starts against them over his seven-year career.

Things are trending in the opposite direction for Cain (2-3, 6.05 ERA).

The right-hander has failed to make it out of the fifth inning in his last two starts, and he has allowed a total of 18 earned runs and 30 hits over 19 2-3 innings in his last four. He is 0-2 with an 8.24 ERA in that span.

Two home runs hurt Cain in his last start against Washington - a solo home run from Danny Espinosa and a three-run shot by Bryce Harper. Cain, who hasn't faced the Cardinals since June 1, 2013, gave up five runs and six hits in 4 2-3 innings of an 8-5 win.

"He's been really good and then he's had his off innings," Giants manager Bruce Bochy told MLB's official website. "He's just off a little bit sometimes with the command and that's what's costing him with the long ball."

The Giants (65-54) won their fifth in six games Tuesday and gained a game on the Chicago Cubs in the chase for the NL's second wild-card spot.

Both catchers, Yadier Molina of the Cardinals and the Giants' Buster Posey, are one home run shy of 100 for their careers.

St. Louis right fielder Jason Heyward underwent a series of exams on his left hamstring Tuesday that revealed he is largely dealing with a cramping issue. He is not expected to land on the DL.

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Giants at Cardinals
Mon, Aug 17 Final 1 to 2
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Giants at Cardinals
Tue, Aug 18 Final 2 to 0
Boxscores

GAME 3
Giants at Cardinals
Wed, Aug 19 - 7:15PM EDT

Tokens
Preview: Tigers (57-61) at Cubs (67-50)
Venue: Wrigley Field
Date: August 19, 2015 8:05 PM EDT

Although he struggled to find his rhythm earlier in the season, Jon Lester continues to pitch like the veteran ace the Chicago Cubs were counting on.

Seeking his fifth straight victory, the left-hander looks to keep Chicago from losing three straight for the first time since late July on Wednesday night against the visiting Detroit Tigers.

Lester (8-8, 3.21 ERA) was 4-5 with a 4.25 ERA through his first 12 starts after allowing five runs in a season low-tying 4 1-3 innings of a 6-0 road loss to Detroit on June 9.

He's since posted a 2.20 ERA over 11 outings. Lester has gone 4-0 with a 2.04 ERA in his past five, giving up two runs in six innings while striking out 10 in Thursday's 9-2 home win over Milwaukee.

However, he's worked on pickoff throws between starts after allowing the Brewers steal five bases. Lester had an errant pickoff attempt and has had trouble throwing to bases throughout his career.

"We all know what's going on here," Lester, who leads the majors in stolen bases allowed with 35, told MLB's official website. "I just have to do a better job. ... I'll continue to improve."

The Tigers (57-61) did not steal a base off him in the first meeting and have only stolen five over their last 12 games heading into the finale of this two-game series.

Lester has dropped his last three starts against Detroit and is 2-5 with a 5.25 ERA in 10 career meetings. Miguel Cabrera had two hits off him in June, leaving the star slugger at 14 for 25 with a home run and four doubles all-time in the matchup.

Ian Kinsler has hit .229 against Lester, though he's batting .419 in 12 career games versus Chicago. He had a season-high five hits and a home run in Tuesday's 10-8 win.

Jose Iglesias matched a career high with four hits while Anthony Gose had three and J.D. Martinez hit his 31st home run for the Tigers, who won for the eighth time in nine visits to Wrigley Field.

Chicago (67-50) fell three games behind wild-card leading Pittsburgh and had its lead over San Francisco for the second spot cut to three following its third loss in 18 games. The Cubs haven't lost three in a row since getting swept at home by Philadelphia from July 24-26.

Daniel Norris (2-2, 4.24) will try to help the Tigers win back-to-back games for only the third time since July 9 in his fourth start since being acquired from Toronto in the David Price trade. The left-hander gave up three earned runs over 6 1-3 innings and did not get the decision in last Wednesday's 7-4 win at Kansas City.

In his only game against with Chicago, Jorge Soler had the sole hit off Norris in his one scoreless inning of relief at Rogers Centre in September.

After finishing with three hits in Sunday's 3-1 loss to the White Sox that snapped a nine-game winning streak, the Cubs got back on track with 11 on Tuesday. Chris Coghlan hit his third home run in as many games and Kyle Schwarber added a three-run shot.

Coghlan has gone 5 for 10 with two homers and five RBIs in his three games against Detroit this season. Schwarber has homered six times with 18 RBIs in 14 games this month.

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Tigers at Cubs
Tue, Aug 18 Final 10 to 8
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Tigers at Cubs
Wed, Aug 19 - 8:05PM EDT

Tokens
Preview: Rays (59-60) at Astros (65-55)
Venue: Minute Maid Park
Date: August 19, 2015 8:10 PM EDT

Something about Minute Maid Park brings out the best in Dallas Keuchel, making a Houston Astros victory with him toeing the rubber at home as close to a sure thing as there is in baseball.

That luxury sure would come in handy in October.

The AL West-leading Astros seek their fifth victory in seven tries as they send Keuchel to the hill against the Tampa Bay Rays on Wednesday night.

Keuchel (14-6, 2.36 ERA) entered Friday's home outing against Oakland having given up 10 runs and 22 hits in 20 1-3 innings over his previous three starts - two on the road - that pushed his ERA to a season-high 2.40.

He bounced back to beat the A's 5-1, striking out eight in seven innings.

"I've been working on a breaking pitch backdoor," Keuchel said. "That's what I've been doing the last couple outings with some walks and some hard-luck hits. I just wanted to attack the zone (Friday)."

The left-hander improved to 11-0 with a 1.26 ERA in 13 home starts, including victories in each of his last six. The only pitcher to finish with at least 11 wins, no losses and an ERA better than Keuchel's current mark at home since 1914 is the Los Angeles Dodgers' Orel Hershiser, who went 11-0 with a 1.08 ERA in 17 starts and two relief appearances at Chavez Ravine in 1985.

Keuchel has won 12 straight decisions at home, one short of tying Danny Darwin's franchise record that spanned 1989 and '90. Only Roger Clemens (2.55) and Roy Oswalt (2.92) have better ERAs than Keuchel's 3.04 among pitchers with at least 10 starts at Minute Maid Park.

Keuchel didn't get any support in St. Petersburg on July 11, when a three-run second inning was enough to put him on the hook for a 3-0 loss. He's 0-3 with a 5.40 ERA in four career starts against the Rays, the last three coming on the road.

Houston's 41 home wins are second in the AL to Kansas City's 42 after Marwin Gonzalez homered leading off the 10th to give the Astros (65-55) a 3-2 win over the Rays (59-60) on Tuesday.

Gonzalez and Jose Altuve had three hits apiece, and Altuve scored the tying run in the eighth on Carlos Correa's double. The Astros have won four of six following a 1-7 stretch and hold a 2 1/2-game lead over the Los Angeles Angels atop the West.

Gonzalez made his first start in left field after starting at four other positions this season, and his second multihit game in three days earned him a promise from his manager.

'I'm not sure what position, but he'll get to play (Wednesday),' A.J. Hinch said. "I think he's earned it.'

Tampa Bay has dropped four of five, a disappointing stretch that's hurting its pursuit of the second wild card. Curt Casali hit a solo homer for the Rays, who were set down in order over the final three innings after winning the opener of this four-game series 9-2.

'I think it's just a rough patch we're hitting right now,' Brad Boxberger said after allowing Gonzalez's homer. 'It's part of it. Everyone goes through it. It's just a matter of how quick you can turn it around.'

Tampa looks to get back on track behind Nathan Karns (7-5, 3.53), who is coming off back-to-back rough outings.

Karns had a 1.65 ERA over his previous three starts before giving up four runs in a 5-4 win over the New York Mets on Aug. 8. He then walked a season-high five in 4 2-3 innings to match his shortest outing of the season in Friday's 5-3 loss at Texas.

The right-hander will be making his first career start against the Astros.

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Rays at Astros
Mon, Aug 17 Final 9 to 2
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Rays at Astros
Tue, Aug 18 Final 2 to 3
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 3
Rays at Astros
Wed, Aug 19 - 8:10PM EDT

GAME 4
Rays at Astros
Thu, Aug 20 - 8:10PM EDT

Tokens
Preview: Nationals (59-59) at Rockies (48-69)
Venue: Coors Field
Date: August 19, 2015 8:40 PM EDT

In two starts back from the disabled list, Stephen Strasburg has dropped his ERA half a run and shown signs of dominance otherwise absent from an inadequate season.

Another strong start Wednesday night at Coors Field could dip his ERA to a season low and help the Washington Nationals earn a series win over a Colorado Rockies club that could be without Carlos Gonzalez.

Strasburg (6-6, 4.62 ERA), who spent over a month on the DL with a left oblique strain, is 1-1 with a 2.08 ERA and 20 strikeouts in 13 innings since returning. He was stuck with the decision in Thursday's 3-1 loss in San Francisco after surrendering two runs in six innings, and the rotation has since given up 20 earned runs in four games.

The right-hander dominated the Rockies on Aug. 8 in his first game back, allowing a run and three hits with a season-high 12 strikeouts in seven innings.

"It's the best I've seen him in a long time," teammate Ryan Zimmerman told MLB's official website. "Hopefully, this kind of bad luck he's been having, hopefully, he will get rid of those (injuries) and be that guy for the next 2 1/2 months."

Strasburg has a chance to drop his ERA below 4.50 for the first time this year, but he's been unable to find any magic at Coors with losses in two starts and a 5.56 ERA.

Charlie Blackmon is 3 for 6 with two doubles against Strasburg, but Nick Hundley (1 for 12 with five strikeouts), Nolan Arenado (1 for 8 with a homer and four strikeouts) and Gonzalez (2 for 11 with six strikeouts) have struggled.

Gonzalez left Tuesday's 15-6 series-opening loss due to inflammation in his right knee after homering for a second straight game. It was also his fourth homer in his last four against Washington and 15th in his last 25.

Blackmon was held out of the starting lineup due to illness before replacing Gonzalez, whose 2014 ended in August after requiring left knee surgery. He is day to day.

"I tweaked it a little bit but nothing bad," Gonzalez said. "I think I'll be OK for (Wednesday)."

Strasburg might not love the mile-high air, but Jorge De La Rosa's season might make him feel more comfortable about those struggles. De La Rosa (7-5, 4.75) is on pace to put together his worst home season with the Rockies, going 2-2 with a 6.62 ERA after entering at 45-14 with a 4.00 mark at Coors from 2008-2014.

The left-hander's last four starts have come on the road, but they weren't a whole lot better with a 1-1 record and 5.24 ERA. He didn't earn the decision in a 5-4 win at Washington on Aug. 7 but is 5-1 with a 3.86 ERA in eight starts in the series since joining Colorado in 2008.

Danny Espinosa (3 for 6 with two doubles) and Ian Desmond (5 for 12) have figured him out, but Anthony Rendon is 1 for 9.

Espinosa and Desmond logged two of six multihit efforts Tuesday to help Washington end a six-game losing streak. The 15-hit night matched their third-best of the season after batting .179 on the skid.

Another victory would give the Nationals (59-59) 10 wins in 16 games since last losing a series in Denver in 2010. They're batting .315 in that time, with Desmond hitting .591 with 16 RBIs in his last 10 there. His .436 career average at Coors is 98 points higher than any other NL park.

The Rockies (48-69) have dropped seven of eight and are in danger of falling a season-worst 22 games under .500 - a mark they've dipped to in five other seasons, including two of the past three.

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Nationals at Rockies
Tue, Aug 18 Final 15 to 6
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Nationals at Rockies
Wed, Aug 19 - 8:40PM EDT

Tokens
Preview: White Sox (55-62) at Angels (62-57)
Venue: Angel Stadium of Anaheim
Date: August 19, 2015 10:05 PM EDT

Jeff Samardzija's animated demeanor on the mound in his last start showed how frustrated he's become with his performances lately.

The Los Angeles Angels surely won't pity him if he gets roughed up again.

The right-hander looks help the Chicago White Sox avoid a seventh straight road loss and eighth consecutive defeat in Anaheim on Wednesday night.

Samardzija (8-8, 4.78 ERA) might be taking more years and dollars off of a potential contract offer in free agency following the season while going through the most difficult stretch of his disappointing year. He's lost three straight starts with a 12.91 ERA after allowing six runs and three homers over six innings of Friday's 6-5 loss to the Chicago Cubs.

Opponents are hitting .354 off Samardzija in that stretch, and he's also walked six and hit three batters in 15 1-3 innings. Often he threw up his arms and shook his head in disbelief against the Cubs as his frustrations boiled over.

'It hurts, man,' Samardzija said. 'I take things personally. I enjoy having success. I enjoy doing well.'

He was sharp in both of his outings against the Angels last season, allowing one earned run in 15 innings. Albert Pujols has had success against Samardzija, though, going 7 for 19 with three homers, five walks and no strikeouts.

Pujols tied Mike Trout for the team lead with 33 home runs by hitting a solo shot in the first inning of Los Angeles' 5-3 win over Chicago (55-62) on Tuesday. He also homered in Monday's 2-1 victory.

Los Angeles lost six of seven before taking the first two of this four-game series to pull a half-game ahead of Baltimore for the AL's second wild card. It is 2 1/2 behind Houston for the West lead.

Trout and Pujols are bidding to become the first teammates with 40 homers apiece since Jim Thome and Jermaine Dye did it for the White Sox in 2006.

Kole Calhoun delivered his career-high 18th homer in the first Tuesday as the Angels (62-57) hit two out of the park for the fourth straight game after not hitting any in their previous five.

"Any time you can give our starting pitcher some run support right out the gate, it's always a plus," Pujols said. "We would love to do that every night.'

They'll try to do the same for Jered Weaver (4-9, 4.60), who makes his third start since returning from a nearly two-month stint on the disabled list because of left hip inflammation. Weaver has allowed five runs - four earned - in 11 innings over the last two.

The right-hander pitched five scoreless innings in Friday's 4-1 loss to Kansas City before allowing all three of his runs - including a two-run homer - and departing after the sixth.

"I felt good," said Weaver, 0-5 with a 5.59 ERA in his last six starts. "Command was good. Just one bad pitch."

Weaver has won five straight starts against the White Sox and is 9-2 with a 2.15 ERA in 12 career outings against them. He gave up five runs in 5 2-3 innings of the last one, however, a 7-5 road victory July 1, 2014.

The White Sox have recorded fewer than nine hits in four straight for the first time since June 15-18. Jose Abreu had three of their eight hits Tuesday and is 7 for 12 over his last four.

Chicago has been outscored 30-18 during a six-game road skid and has posted a 6.43 ERA during its seven consecutive losses in Anaheim.

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
White Sox at Angels
Mon, Aug 17 Final 1 to 2
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
White Sox at Angels
Tue, Aug 18 Final 3 to 5
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 3
White Sox at Angels
Wed, Aug 19 - 10:05PM EDT

GAME 4
White Sox at Angels
Thu, Aug 20 - 10:05PM EDT

Tokens
Baseball Capsules

August 19, 2015

BALTIMORE (AP) Jacob deGrom took a four-hitter into the eighth inning, Curtis Granderson hit two solo homers and the New York Mets beat the Baltimore Orioles 5-3 Tuesday night to snap a three-game losing streak.

Granderson connected off Kevin Gausman (2-5) on the game's second pitch and homered again in the fifth, then deGrom made the lead stand for the first-place Mets.

Baltimore had won four straight.

New York has won nine in a row against the Orioles dating back to June 2010.

The 6-foot-4 deGrom (12-6) gave up one run, five hits and a walk in 7 2/3 innings. The right-hander struck out six and lowered his ERA to 1.98, second-best in the National League behind the Dodgers' Zack Greinke.

YANKEES 8, TWINS 4

NEW YORK (AP) - Alex Rodriguez hit a slump-busting grand slam in the seventh inning, and the Yankees rallied from a three-run deficit against a depleted bullpen to beat the Twins.

A-Rod extended his major league record for grand slams, hitting the 25th of his career into the Yankees bullpen off J.R. Graham (0-1) to put New York up 5-4. Rodriguez connected on a 95 mph fastball, snapping an 0-for-18 slump and earning a curtain call from the crowd of 38,007.

Rookie Miguel Sano homered for the second consecutive game, a two-run shot off CC Sabathia, and Shane Robinson had an RBI single against Nick Rumbelow (1-0) in the seventh to give Minnesota a 4-1 lead.

BLUE JAYS 8, PHILLIES 5

PHILADELPHIA (AP) - Josh Donaldson hit two homers, and Edwin Encarnacion also went deep as the Blue Jays beat the Phillies.

The AL wild card-leading Blue Jays have won 13 of 15. They entered one game behind the AL East-leading New York Yankees.

The Phillies, who have the worst record in the majors, have lost four straight and five of six after winning 16 of 21 following the All-Star break.

Donaldson hit a drive off Aaron Nola into the second deck in left field in the first. His three-run shot in the sixth off Jeanmar Gomez (1-3) gave the Blue Jays a 7-5 lead.

Liam Hendricks (4-0) pitched out of a jam in the fifth.

RED SOX 9, INDIANS 1

BOSTON (AP) - Travis Shaw went 4 for 4, Mookie Betts drove in three runs with a bases-loaded double and the Red Sox beat the Indians, announcing a major front-office shake-up late in the game.

Dave Dombrowski was hired to take over baseball operations for general manager Ben Cherington. Boston is in danger of finishing last in the AL East for the third time in four seasons.

Brock Holt had three hits and two RBIs for the Red Sox, who have won five of six and continued a recent offensive surge with 16 hits.

Boston's Eduardo Rodriguez (7-5) pitched eight solid innings. Trevor Bauer (9-10) was pulled early for the second straight start.

ROYALS 3, REDS 1, 13 INNINGS

CINCINNATI (AP) - Ben Zobrist tied the game with a homer in the ninth inning, Jarrod Dyson scored the tie-breaking run from first base on pitcher Ryan Mattheus' throwing error and the Royals went on to a 13-inning victory over the Reds.

Dyson led off the 13th with a single and scored when Mattheus (1-4) threw a sacrifice bunt by Kris Medlen (1-0) down the right field line.

Greg Holland finished for his 27th save.

Zobrist stunned the crowd of 28,719 by leading off the ninth against Aroldis Chapman with his 10th homer of the season. Chapman had converted 56 consecutive save opportunities at home since blowing one against Houston on Sept. 7, 2012.

MARINERS 3, RANGERS 2

ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) - Hisashi Iwakuma followed his no-hitter by limiting Texas to two runs and five hits over seven innings as the Mariners beat the Rangers.

All of Seattle's scoring came in the first inning on three extra-base hits, including Seth Smith's 10th home run of the season.

Iwakuma (5-2) gave up a hit to Texas' second batter, a single by Shin-Soo Choo. He retired 12 straight at one point and struck out six while walking one.

The right-hander no-hit Baltimore 3-0 in Seattle last Wednesday.

The Rangers' winning streak ended at five games.

Rangers rookie right-hander Chi Chi Gonzalez (2-5) set a career high with seven strikeouts.

MARLINS 9, BREWERS 6

MILWAUKEE (AP) - Ichiro Suzuki had his first four-hit game in over two years, and Cole Gillespie drove in a season-high three runs to lead the Marlins past the Brewers.

Suzuki was 4 for 5 with two runs scored for his first four-hit game since July 28, 2013.

Adeiny Hechavarria extended his career-high hitting streak to 12 games and relief pitcher Kendry Flores (1-1) faced one batter in the fourth in his first major league victory. With the bases loaded, A.J. Ramos got the final out in the ninth for his 20th save.

Milwaukee rookie starter Tyler Cravy (0-5) lasted only 2 2-3 innings after giving up seven runs - four earned - to go with seven hits and three walks.

ASTROS 3, RAYS 2

HOUSTON (AP) - Marwin Gonzalez had three hits and his 10th-inning leadoff homer lifted the Astros to a victory over the Rays.

The game was tied at 2-all when Gonzalez connected off All-Star closer Brad Boxberger (4-9), sending a full-count fastball into the seats in right field to give Houston the win.

Luke Gregerson (6-2) pitched two scoreless innings for the win.

The Rays led 2-1 in the eighth before an RBI double by Carlos Correa tied it up.

Curt Casali homered for the Rays, who lost for the fourth time in five games.

GIANTS 2, CARDINALS 0

ST. LOUIS (AP) - Ryan Vogelsong pitched six innings of two-hit ball and ace Madison Bumgarner keyed a seventh-inning rally with his first career pinch hit, helping the San Francisco Giants beat the St. Louis Cardinals 2-0 on Tuesday night.

Brandon Crawford doubled leading off the fifth for the Giants' first hit when left fielder Brandon Moss couldn't quite hold onto his drive down the line near both walls.

The Giants have won six of eight and handed the Cardinals, who got a strong bounce-back outing from Lance Lynn (9-8), just their 19th home loss compared with 45 wins.

Vogelsong (9-8) struck out five and walked one while throwing 101 pitches.

PIRATES 9, DIAMONDBACKS 8, 15 innings.

PITTSBURGH (AP) - Pedro Florimon tripled home Francisco Cervelli with two outs in the bottom of the 15th for the Pirates.

Cervelli singled off Keith Hessler (0-1) for his fourth hit of the game and Florimon hit a high flyball to right field that clanged off the wall.

Joe Blanton (5-2) pitched three innings of scoreless relief for the Pirates. Starling Marte and Jung Ho Kang homered for Pittsburgh, which won despite blowing a late five-run lead.

Paul Goldschmidt drove in two runs and tied the game off Pittsburgh closer Mark Melancon in the ninth. Aaron Hill had three hits for Arizona, which left 11 runners on base.

Melancon's club-record consecutive save streak ended at 35.

TIGERS 10, CUBS 8

CHICAGO (AP) - Ian Kinsler had five hits, including a home run, and Detroit used a three-run eighth inning to rally for the victory.

Nick Castellanos had a two-run single and J.D. Martinez added a sacrifice fly in the tie-breaking eighth.

Martinez and Anthony Gose also homered for the Tigers in a game that was delayed for 2 hours and 17 minutes after a strong thunderstorm hit with one out in the bottom of the third.

Anthony Rizzo singled in Dexter Fowler to tie it 6-all in the seventh as the Cubs rallied from four runs down. But they lost their second straight following a nine-game winning streak. Chicago's eight-game home winning streak also ended.

Rookie Kyle Schwarber launched a three-run blast - his ninth homer in 35 games - and Chris Coghlan hit a two-run shot for the Cubs.

Al Alburquerque (3-0), the fourth of six Detroit relievers, got one out and the win.

Pedro Strop (1-6), the fifth of six Chicago relievers, gave up the three runs in the eighth and took the loss.

NATIONALS 15, ROCKIES 6

DENVER (AP) - Yunel Escobar homered and drove in four runs to help Washington end a six-game losing streak.

Michael A. Taylor hit a go-ahead RBI single in the seventh and the Nationals capitalized on a lack of control by Rockies pitchers in a four-run eighth to turn a close game into a rout.

Bryce Harper walked a career-high four times, scoring each time to help Jordan Zimmermann (9-8) come away with the victory despite allowing six runs in six innings.

Jose Reyes had four hits, including his first home run as a member of the Rockies. Kyle Parker and Carlos Gonzalez also homered for the Rockies. Gonzalez was lifted in the sixth inning because of inflammation in his right knee and was listed as day to day.

Parker homered off Zimmermann to lead off the sixth but Washington went back in front in its next at-bat on Taylor's RBI single off reliever Justin Miller (1-2) who had put a runner in scoring position by issuing two walks.

In all, Rockies pitchers walked 10 Nationals, including two more in the ninth, when they added four more runs.

ANGELS 5, WHITE SOX 3

ANAHEIM, Calif. (AP) - Los Angeles' Kole Calhoun and Albert Pujols homered in the first inning against John Danks.

Garrett Richards (12-9) was charged with three runs - two earned - and eight hits in seven-plus innings with four strikeouts and no walks.

Richards threw 25 of his 95 pitches in the sixth inning, when the White Sox closed to 4-2 with a two-out RBI double by Jose Abreu. But the Angels got a run-scoring infield hit in the seventh from Shane Victorino.

Richards left in the eighth after giving up two singles. Adam Eaton drove in a run with a fielder's choice grounder against Joe Smith, but Huston Street pitched a perfect ninth for his 29th save in 33 chances.

Danks (6-10) was charged with five runs - four earned - and five hits in seven innings.

ATHLETICS 5, DODGERS 4

OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) - Billy Butler hit an RBI double in the 10th inning and Oakland outlasted Clayton Kershaw and the Dodgers.

Mark Canha opened the 10th with a double off Yimi Garcia, his fourth hit of the game. Butler then lined the next pitch to right, and the throw from Scott Van Slyke sailed well wide of home plate, allowing Canha to score easily and end the A's season-high seven-game losing streak.

Kershaw gave up one run over seven innings. He walked two, struck out seven and left with a 4-1 lead.

Canha had a two-run double when Oakland scored three runs in the eighth off reliever Pedro Baez. Marcus Semien added a tying RBI single.

A.J. Ellis hit a three-run home run for Los Angeles, which had its three-game winning streak snapped.

PADRES 9, BRAVES 0

SAN DIEGO (AP) - Melvin Upton Jr. hit two two-run home runs against his former team and Yangervis Solarte hit a three-run shot to back James Shields and give the Padres the win.

Upton, acquired from the Braves in a seven-player trade the day before the season opened, homered in the sixth inning off David Aardsma and in the eighth off Andrew McKirahan to help Shields with a much-needed laugher.

Upton, who has five homers this season, was a late addition to the starting lineup after Will Venable was traded to Texas a few hours before the game.

Shields (9-5) won for just the second time in 14 starts. It took him eight starts to get his eighth win and then six starts to get his ninth. He held Atlanta to five hits and struck out seven in six innings.

The loss went to rookie Matt Wisler (5-3), who had been the Padres' top pitching prospect before being sent to Atlanta in the big trade on April 5. He allowed two runs and six hits in five innings.

The Braves have lost 17 of 25.

Tokens
Tuesday's Sports In Brief

August 19, 2015

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) An Iowa team advanced to the Little League Softball World Series semifinals Tuesday by beating a team forced into a tiebreaker after it was accused of deliberately losing a game.

The Central Iowa team beat South Snohomish Washington 3-2 in a rematch ordered by the tournament after receiving reports that some teams ''did not play with the effort and spirit appropriate'' for Little League play.

The dispute arose after the Washington team was no-hit Monday by a team from Salisbury, North Carolina. The loss created a three-way tie for the Pool B title, meaning that Washington and North Carolina would advance to the semifinals and the Polk City, Iowa, team would not.

Chris Chadd, the president of the Central Iowa Little League, told the Des Moines Register he believed the Washington team basically ''threw the game.'' He said he thought Washington was trying to avoid a rematch with Iowa in the semifinals.

Instead, Snohomish was forced to face the Iowans in Tuesday's tiebreaker. Pitcher Mikayla Houge had 11 strikeouts for Iowa, which held onto the lead from the third inning on to earn a spot in a semifinal game set for later Tuesday.

Officials from both Washington and Iowa did not respond to emailed requests for comment from the Associated Press.

BASEBALL

BOSTON (AP) - The last-place Boston Red Sox shook up their front office on Tuesday night, hiring Dave Dombrowski as the new president of baseball operations and saying goodbye to general manager Ben Cherington.

Dombrowski joins the Red Sox - his fifth major league club - immediately. The team said in a news release during its game against the Cleveland Indians that Cherington ''declined the opportunity to continue as General Manager, but has agreed to assist Mr. Dombrowski during the transition.''

Dombrowski built a World Series champion with the Florida Marlins and took Detroit to the Series twice, winning four straight AL Central titles in 14 years in the Tigers' front office. But with Detroit playing below .500, he was let go two weeks ago - shortly after the Red Sox announced that president and CEO Larry Lucchino would step away from the club at the end of the season.

Red Sox COO Sam Kennedy is slated to take over the business of the ballclub, with Dombrowski running the baseball side.

ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) - This time, no clubs for Jordan Spieth and Zach Johnson. Just a pair of famous diamonds.

The golfers each threw out a ceremonial first pitch at a major league game on Tuesday night. They spent much of the day trash-talking on Twitter, finally arriving at a bet of a $5,000 to the major winner with the best result at the ballpark.

Speaking before his pitch at Wrigley Field, Johnson said he was more nervous about leading the crowd in the singing of ''Take Me Out to the Ballgame'' during the seventh-inning stretch.

The Twitter accounts for the Texas Rangers and Chicago Cubs also got into the act. The Rangers said Masters and U.S. Open winner Spieth threw ''a hard strike,'' and the Cubs posted that British Open champion Johnson ''registered 95 on the radar gun.''

ATHLETICS

BEIJING (AP) - Sebastian Coe has won a four-year term as president of the governing body for track and field, beating Sergei Bubka in an election Wednesday and given the mandate to restore the image of the IAAF amid a doping controversy.

The 58-year-old Coe won the election by 115 votes to 92 and will replace Lamine Diack, who stood down after 16 years.

Coe, a two-time Olympic champion and chairman of the London 2012 organizing committee, reportedly traveled 700,000 kilometers (435,000 miles) during the campaign and, unlike Bubka, had only nominated for the top job without the fallback option of vice-president, meaning he would have lost influence within the IAAF if he'd lost the poll.

''In the best traditions of everything we both believe in our sport, it was fought according to sound judgment throughout,'' said Coe, who described his election as the second-most momentous event of his life after the birth of his children.

Ukraine pole vault great Bubka, a former Olympic and world championship gold medalist and long-time world-record holder, retained his position as a vice president in a subsequent poll.

NBA

PHILADELPHIA (AP) - Philadelphia 76ers center Joel Embiid is recovering after undergoing surgery for the second time on his right foot, this time a bone graft procedure.

Embiid had two existing screws replaced on Tuesday and a bone graft of the site was done using bone from his hip.

The 7-footer from Kansas was the third overall pick in the 2014 NBA draft. He missed his entire rookie season after having surgery to repair a stress fracture in his foot in June 2014.

The team announced in June he suffered a setback in his recovery.

While Embiid likely will miss another season, orthopedic surgeon Martin O'Malley says the ''bone's integrity was even better than expected and has been put in a great position to support full recovery.''

Tokens
LEADING OFF: Lester leads Cubs, Holland comes off DL

August 18, 2015

A look at what's happening all around the major leagues Wednesday:

MIDWEST MATCHUP

Jon Lester looks to win his fifth consecutive decision for the Cubs. Lester has a 2.04 ERA in his past five outings after going more than two months without a victory. The Tigers will counter with rookie Daniel Norris, who has a 4.76 ERA in three starts since joining Detroit from Toronto in the David Price trade.

HOLLAND RETURNS

Derek Holland will make his first appearance in more than four months, returning from a torn shoulder muscle, an injury sustained in Texas' home opener April 10. Holland missed the first five months of the 2014 season because of an offseason knee injury and has thrown just 38 innings over the past two seasons combined. Rookie Mike Montgomery throws for Seattle.

HAMMER TIME

Mets rookie Noah Syndergaard tries to regain the dominance he showed in July in the finale of a two-game set in Baltimore. The 22-year-old has a 4.74 ERA in three August starts after posting a 1.32 ERA in five outings last month. Ubaldo Jimenez will pitch for Baltimore. He's 2-4 with a 5.56 ERA in eight starts since the end of June.

RESTED VET

Mark Buehrle will pitch on extra rest for the second straight start as Toronto wraps a two-game series against Philadelphia. Blue Jays manager John Gibbons gave the 36-year-old six days off before his last start because the veteran was ''a little beat up,'' and the left-hander limited Oakland to two runs over seven innings. He'll pitch on five days of rest against the Phillies and has quality starts in 12 of his past 13 outings, going 8-5 with a 2.16 ERA in that span.

FRESH BUCS

The Pirates send out J.A. Happ for the third time since acquiring him from Seattle for a minor league pitcher. Happ had one of his best starts this year his last time out, striking out seven Mets over 5 1-3 innings of one-run ball. Robbie Ray (3-8, 3.29) gets the ball for the Diamondbacks.

Tokens
MLB
Armadillo's Write-Up

Wednesday, August 19

National League
Diamondbacks @ Pirates
Ray is 0-4, 5.67 in his last five starts; his last three stayed under.

Happ is 0-2, 8.31 in his last three starts; both his Pirate starts stayed under.

Pittsburgh won nine of last 12 games (over 8-3-1). Pirates won six of last eight games with Arizona; under is 4-1-1 in last six. D'backs lost four of last six games; five of their last eight went over.

Marlins @ Brewers
Koehler is 0-4, 6.56 in his last four starts (over 3-1).

Peralta is 1-1, 1.93 in his last two starts; over is 4-3-1 in his last eight.

Marlins won six of last eight games; over is 8-2-1 in their last 11- they won four of last six games with Milwaukee (over 3-2-1 in last six). Brewers won three of last five games-- under is 4-2-1 in their last seven.

Giants @ Cardinals
Cain is 0-2, 8.24 in his last four starts; over is 5-0-1 in his last six.

Garcia is 2-0, 0.89 in his last three starts; eight of his last nine stayed under.

Giants won five of last seven games with St Louis; five of last eight in series went over total. SF won five of last six games overall; seven of last nine games stayed under. Cardinals won nine of their last 13 games.

Nationals @ Rockies
Strasburg is 3-1, 1.57 in his last five starts; five of his last six went under.

de la Rosa is 0-0, 4.76 in his last three home starts; four of his last five starts overall went over the total.

Washington lost six of last seven games, allowing 42 runs; over is 5-2-1 in their last eight games; Nationals lost three of last five with Colorado; over is 4-1-1 in last six series games. Rockies lost seven of last eight games; four of their last five games went over the total.

Braves @ Padres
Teheran is 2-0, 2.75 in his last three starts; over is 3-0-1 in his last four starts on foreign soil.

Ross is 2-2, 4.71 in his last five starts; three of his last four went over.

Atlanta lost six of last eight games; over is 8-4-1 in their last 13. Braves lost seven of last nine games with San Diego- six of last seven went over total. Padres won six of last eight games overall-- ten of their last 13 went over.

American League
Twins @ Bronx
Santana is 0-3, 10.80 in his last four starts (over 3-1).

Eovaldi is 3-0, 3.55 in his last four starts (over 3-1).

Minnesota lost seven of last nine games with Bronx; nine of last ten in series went over. Twins lost four of last six games overall, over is 6-4 in their last ten overall. Bronx won five of last six games; four of their last seven went under.

Indians @ Red Sox
Kluber is 2-0, 1.00 in his last two starts; three of his last four went over.

Kelly is 3-0, 4.41 in his last three starts (Boston scored 33 runs in the three games); over is 3-0-1 in his last four starts.

Red Sox won six of last nine home games, scoring 85 runs; their last nine games overall went over. Cleveland lost four of last six games; over is 6-4 in their last ten. Tribe won six of last nine vs Boston; five of those nine games stayed under the total.

Mariners @ Rangers
Seattle lost last seven Montgomery starts (0-2, 9.97 in last five, all five stayed over the total).

Holland threw nine pitches in his only '15 start April 10, before his shoulder gave out; he returns here. He is 2-1, 1.78 in his last six starts overall; five of those six stayed under.

Rangers lost eight of last nine games with Seattle; under is 9-3 in last twelve series games. Texas won five of last six games overall; six of their last seven at home stayed under. Mariners lost three of last five games; four of their last seven games went over the total

Rays @ Astros
Karns is 3-0, 312 in his last five starts; under is 4-2 in his last six on road.

Keuchel is 2-1, 2.61 in his last three starts; three of his last four went under.

Tampa Bay lost four of last five games; over is 9-4 in their last 13 games. Astros won four of last six games; seven of their last ten stayed under total. Rays won eight of their last ten games with Houston (under 7-2-1).

White Sox @ Angels
Samardzija is 0-3, 12.91 in his last three starts; his last five went over.

Weaver is 0-5, 6.08 in his last six starts; his last three at home went over.

White Sox won four of last six games with the Angels; home side won ten of last 12 series games. Chicago lost four of last five games; over is 8-5 in its last 13 games. Angels lost six of their last nine games; five of their last eight went under the total.

Interleague
Blue Jays @ Phillies
Buehrle is 4-0, 3.32 in his last six starts; four of his last five went over.

Morgan is 1-2, 4.76 in his last three starts (under 3-0-1 in last four).

Toronto won ten of last 11 games with Philly; five of last six went over the total. Blue Jays won 13 of last 15 games overall; eight of their last ten went under the total. Philly lost six of last seven (under 3-1 in last four).

Mets @ Orioles
Syndergaard is 3-1, 3.33 in his last four starts, last three of which went over.

Jimenez is 1-1, 5.09 in his last three starts; four of his last six went over.

Orioles won six of last eight home games, but lost last nine games with the Mets; eight of last ten series games stayed under. New York lost three of last four games, scoring total of 11 runs- four of their last five went over

Royals @ Reds
Guthrie is 1-2, 7.13 in his last four starts; five of his last six went over.

Sampson is 2-1, 3.38 in his three starts (under 2-1).

Royals won eight of last nine games against the Reds; four of last six in series went over total. KC won nine of its last 11 games; four of its last five on road stayed under. Cincinnati lost seven of its last nine games; five of last seven went over the total

Tigers @ Cubs
Norris is 1-1, 5.29 in three starts for Detroit; under is 5-1-1 in his last seven.

Lester is 3-0, 2.57 in his last three starts; under is 7-2-1 in his last ten.

Cubs won 13 of their last 16 games overall, but lost nine of last 11 with the Tigers; over is 8-3 in last 11 series games. Detroit lost five of its last eight games, with four of last seven staying under

Dodgers @ A's
Wood is 1-1, 5.09 in his last three starts (over 2-0-1).

Chavez is 1-3, 6.57 in his last five starts; over is 7-3 in his last ten.

Oakland lost seven of last eight games overall but won five of last six games with the Dodgers- five of last seven series games stayed under. LA won five of last seven games; four of last five went over the total.

Win-loss records this year for team with this starting pitcher:
Az-Pitt-- Ray 4-10; Happ 8-14/1-1
Mia-Mil-- Koehler 10-12 (1-6 last 7); Peralta 5-8
SF-StL-- Cain 4-4; Garcia 6-5
Wsh-Col-- Strasburg 7-8 (4-1 last 5); de la Rosa 11-9
Atl-SD-- Teheran 14-10; Ross 13-12

Min-NY-- Santana 3-5 (0-4 last 4); Eovaldi 15-8
Cle-Bos-- Kluber 9-16; Kelly 8-11 (3-0 last 3)
Sea-Tex-- Montgomery 4-10 (0-7 last 7); Holland 0-1
TB-Hst-- Karns 11-12; Keuchel 16-8
Chi-LA-- Samardzija 11-13; Weaver 7-10

Tor-Phil-- Buehrle 14-9; Morgan 5-4
NY-Balt-- Syndergaard 9-8; Jimenez 12-11
KC-Cin-- Guthrie 13-9; Sampson 2-1
Det-Chi-- Norris 4-4; Lester 13-10
LA-A's-- Wood 9-15/1-2; Chavez 6-15

Times this starting pitcher allowed a run in first inning:
Az-Pitt-- Ray 2-14; Happ 9-22
Mia-Mil-- Koehler 5-22; Peralta 4-13
SF-StL-- Cain 4-8; Garcia 2-11
Wsh-Col-- Strasburg 4-15; de la Rosa 7-20
Atl-SD-- Teheran 8-24; Ross 8-25 (3 of last 3)

Min-NY-- Santana 1-8; Eovaldi 8-23
Cle-Bos-- Kluber 10-25; Kelly 9-19
Sea-Tex-- Montgomery 3-14; Holland 1-1
TB-Hst-- Karns 10-23; Keuchel 4-24
Chi-LA-- Samardzija 12-24; Weaver 5-17

Tor-Phil-- Buehrle 12-23; Morgan 1-9
NY-Balt-- Syndergaard 5-17 (3 of last 3); Jimenez 6-23
KC-Cin-- Guthrie 4-22; Sampson 1-3
Det-Chi-- Norris 4-8; Lester 7-24
LA-A's-- Wood 7-24; Chavez 6-21

Umpires
Az-Pitt-- Home side won nine of last 11 Gonzalez games.
Mia-Mil-- Under is 9-2-1 in last twelve May games.
SF-StL-- Last three Everitt games went over the total.
Wsh-Col-- Home side won nine of last 11 Wolf games.
Atl-SD-- Six of last eight Blaser games went over total.

Min-NY-- Six of last eight TBarrett games stayed under.
Cle-Bos-- Favorites won five of last six Wegner games.
Sea-Tex-- Three of last four Hirschbeck games went over.
TB-Hst-- Last five Drake games stayed under the total.
Chi-LA-- Over is 11-4 in last fifteen Demuth games.

LA-A's-- Favorites won last seven Timmons games.
NY-Balt-- Five of last six Woodring games went over.
Tor-Phil-- Under is 9-4-1 in last fourteen Hamari games.
KC-Cin-- Three of last four Conroy games stayed under.
Det-Chi-- Under is 7-4-1 in lst twelve Randazzo games.

Tokens
MLB

Wednesday, August 19

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trend Report
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1:05 PM
MINNESOTA vs. NY YANKEES
The total has gone OVER in 5 of Minnesota's last 5 games when playing NY Yankees
Minnesota is 1-8 SU in its last 9 games on the road
The total has gone UNDER in 11 of NY Yankees's last 15 games at home
NY Yankees are 17-8 SU in their last 25 games when playing at home against Minnesota

2:05 PM
SEATTLE vs. TEXAS
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Seattle's last 5 games when playing on the road against Texas
Seattle is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games on the road
Texas is 8-1 SU in its last 9 games at home
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Texas's last 5 games when playing at home against Seattle

2:10 PM
MIAMI vs. MILWAUKEE
The total has gone OVER in 6 of Miami's last 9 games on the road
Miami is 7-16 SU in its last 23 games on the road
Milwaukee is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games when playing Miami
Milwaukee is 16-7 SU in its last 23 games when playing at home against Miami

3:35 PM
LA DODGERS vs. OAKLAND
The total has gone OVER in 5 of LA Dodgers's last 5 games on the road
LA Dodgers are 0-5 SU in their last 5 games when playing on the road against Oakland
Oakland is 5-0 SU in their last 5 games when playing at home against LA Dodgers
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Oakland's last 7 games when playing LA Dodgers

3:40 PM
ATLANTA vs. SAN DIEGO
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Atlanta's last 6 games
Atlanta is 2-7 SU in its last 9 games when playing San Diego
The total has gone OVER in 6 of San Diego's last 7 games when playing Atlanta
The total has gone OVER in 4 of San Diego's last 5 games when playing at home against Atlanta

7:05 PM
ARIZONA vs. PITTSBURGH
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Arizona's last 6 games when playing on the road against Pittsburgh
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Arizona's last 6 games when playing Pittsburgh
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Pittsburgh's last 6 games when playing Arizona
Pittsburgh is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing Arizona

NY METS vs. BALTIMORE
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of NY Mets's last 6 games when playing Baltimore
The total has gone OVER in 4 of NY Mets's last 5 games
Baltimore is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games when playing NY Mets
Baltimore is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against NY Mets

TORONTO vs. PHILADELPHIA
Toronto is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games on the road
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Toronto's last 5 games
Philadelphia is 1-10 SU in its last 11 games when playing Toronto
The total has gone OVER in 5 of Philadelphia's last 7 games when playing at home against Toronto

7:10 PM
CLEVELAND vs. BOSTON
Cleveland is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games
The total has gone OVER in 10 of Cleveland's last 15 games when playing on the road against Boston
Boston is 6-3 SU in its last 9 games at home
Boston is 3-6 SU in its last 9 games when playing Cleveland

7:10 PM
KANSAS CITY vs. CINCINNATI
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Kansas City's last 5 games when playing on the road against Cincinnati
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Kansas City's last 5 games on the road
The total has gone UNDER in 11 of Cincinnati's last 16 games
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Cincinnati's last 5 games at home

7:15 PM
SAN FRANCISCO vs. ST. LOUIS
The total has gone UNDER in 7 of San Francisco's last 9 games
San Francisco is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing St. Louis
St. Louis is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing San Francisco
The total has gone OVER in 4 of St. Louis's last 6 games when playing San Francisco

8:05 PM
DETROIT vs. CHI CUBS
Detroit is 2-5-1 SU in its last 8 games ,
Detroit is 2-4-1 SU in its last 7 games ,on the road
Chi Cubs are 2-10-1 SU in their last 13 games ,when playing Detroit
Chi Cubs are 1-7-1 SU in their last 9 games ,when playing at home against Detroit

8:10 PM
TAMPA BAY vs. HOUSTON
Tampa Bay is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games when playing Houston
The total has gone UNDER in 11 of Tampa Bay's last 15 games when playing Houston
Houston is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games
The total has gone UNDER in 11 of Houston's last 15 games when playing Tampa Bay

8:40 PM
WASHINGTON vs. COLORADO
Washington is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games when playing on the road against Colorado
Washington is 1-6 SU in its last 7 games
Colorado is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games at home
Colorado is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games when playing at home against Washington

10:05 PM
CHI WHITE SOX vs. LA ANGELS
Chi White Sox are 0-5 SU in their last 5 games on the road
Chi White Sox are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games
LA Angels are 9-4 SU in their last 13 games when playing Chi White Sox
LA Angels are 2-4 SU in their last 6 games when playing Chi White Sox

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bodyhealthtechofficia
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com