Now that we have embraced homosexuality, is pedophilia next? ("I didn't choose this. I'm born this way and cannot change")

Search

Rx Normal
Tokens
Is Pedophilia Next?

9:30AM EDT 9/23/2015 MICHAEL BROWN

Flickr-Do-The-math-sign.JPG

The same arguments about 'born this way' could be used to support pedophilia. (Flickr/Creative Commons)A shocking article posted on the salon.com website has many people asking, "Now that we have embraced homosexuality, is pedophilia next?"

The article, written by Todd Nickerson, was titled "I'm a pedophile, but not a monster," with the subtitle reading, "I'm attracted to children but unwilling to act on it. Before judging me harshly, would you be willing to listen?"

Nickerson even points to a website called Virtuous Pedophiles which states, "The goals of our organization are to reduce the stigma attached to pedophilia by letting people know that a substantial number of pedophiles do not molest children, and to provide peer support and information about available resources to help pedophiles lead happy, productive lives. Our highest priority is to help pedophiles never abuse children. We hope you will explore our website with an open mind."

What are we to make of this? And how does this tie in with gay activism?

As I pointed out in 2011, we shouldn't be surprised with the push for the acceptance of pedophilia, meaning both sympathy for the pedophile, who would doubtless say, "I didn't choose this. I'm born this way and cannot change," and recognition that "intergenerational intimacy" can often be consensual and beneficial—as disgusting as it is even to write those words.

I pointed out then that some psychiatric leaders who were instrumental in removing homosexuality from the American Psychiatric Association's list of mental disorders in 1973 have been fighting to remove pedophilia as a disorder as well, not to justify the abuse of children but rather to say that being sexually attracted to children is not a mental disorder.

Also in 2011, in my book A Queer Thing Happened to America, I documented in painstaking (and painful) detail that the principle arguments used to normalize homosexuality were virtually identical to the arguments used to normalize pedophilia. (To be totally clear, I am not comparing the rape of a child by an adult with a sexual act committed by two men or two women; I am comparing the arguments used by pederast activists and gay activists to gain social acceptance.)

Consider these eight arguments, all of which (in modified form) are commonly used in support of homosexual practice. Simply substitute the words and terms, and you'll see how real the parallels are.

1. Pedophilia is innate and immutable; people are born this way and cannot change.
  2. Pederasty is richly attested in many different cultures throughout history.
  3. The claim that adult-child sexual relationships cause harm is greatly overstated and often completely inaccurate.
  4. Consensual adult-child sex can actually be beneficial to the child.
  5. Pederasty should not be classified as a mental disorder, since it does not cause distress to the pederast to have these desires and since the pederast can function as a normal, contributing member of society.
  6. Many of the illustrious homosexuals of the past were actually pedophiles.
  7. People are against intergenerational intimacy because of antiquated social standards and puritanical sexual phobias.
  8. This is all about love and equality and liberation.

To help flesh this out, let's picture a gay man making his case to a straight man:

1. My homosexuality is not a sexual preference but a sexual orientation, just as much as your heterosexuality is not a sexual preference but a sexual orientation.
  2. My homosexuality is just as normal as your heterosexuality.
  3. Since my behavior is genetically determined and is not a choice, it is intolerant and hateful to suggest that it is wrong. And to call my sexual behavior illegal or immoral, or to refuse to legitimize same-sex relationships, is to be a moral bigot of the highest order.
  4. I deeply resent your attempts to identify areas of my upbringing and environment as alleged causes for my homosexuality.
  5. I categorically reject the myth that someone can change his or her sexual orientation. Rather, such statements only add to the anguish and suffering of gays and lesbians, and attempts to change us often lead to catastrophic consequences, including depression and suicide.

Now, let's turn this around and have a pederast making his case to a gay man, substituting the words accordingly (thus, "My pederasty is not a sexual preference but a sexual orientation, just as much as your homosexuality is not a sexual preference but a sexual orientation.") The parallels are undeniable (again, not referring to the acts but to the arguments.)

To be sure, Nickerson is absolutely not arguing for the rightness of adult-child sex, calling instead for sympathy toward those who find themselves unavoidably attracted to children but refuse to act on it.

But if we accept his argument—and there is an increasing number of researchers who believe that pedophilia is innate and immutable—then the whole "born that way" argument used by gay activists goes out the window.

After all, if it's wrong to justify pedophilia because some people are allegedly born that way, then it's wrong to justify homosexuality because some people are allegedly born that way.

You might say, "That's nonsense. We're talking about two adults in a loving consensual relationship, and you can't possibly compare that to a sexual or romantic relationship between an adult and a child."

But that only proves my point, since the "born that way" argument adds nothing to the equation at all, and allegedly being born with a certain propensity does not that make propensity right.

Of course, there are famous gay activists like Larry Kramer and Allen Ginsburg who sang the praises of adult-child (or, young-teen) relationships, some of them even saying that being sexually abused as children was very positive in their own lives (again, as sickening as this is, I document it in the Queer Thing book).

In the end, though, the simple point is this: If gay activists do not want to justify pedophilia because people are allegedly born that way and can't change, then they'll have to throw out the same argument when it comes to homosexual practice, which greatly undermines one of the pillars of gay activism.

You can't have it both ways. Either "born that way" determines morality or it does not—and clearly, it does not.
torch1.png

Michael Brown
is the host of the nationally syndicated talk radio show The Line of Fire and is the president of FIRE School of Ministry. His newest book is Outlasting the Gay Revolution: Where Homosexual Activism Is Really Going and How to Turn the Tide. Connect with him on Facebook at AskDrBrown or on Twitter @drmichaellbrown.

http://www.charismanews.com/opinion/in-the-line-of-fire/52179-is-pedophilia-next

Tokens
This argument is so fucking stupid. They said when women were given the right to vote, stupid people said that it would open it up to let dogs or animals vote. And that gay marriage would make it so man could marry objects or pets. Of course none of this happened.

People understand that crimes against children are not comparable to consenting adults.

Conservatives are very stupid people.

Tokens
[h=1]World’s First Three-Way Gay Marriage Takes Place in Thailand[/h] 6307

gay-threeway-ap-640x480.jpg
AP

by Thomas D. Williams, Ph.D.5 Mar 20151170
Valentine’s Day 2015 will be infamous for more than the release of the film version of 50 Shades of Grey. It also witnessed the world’s first recorded polygamous gay marriage, as Joke, 29, Bell, 21 and Art, 26 tied the knot. Watchers of The Hangover Part 2 will not be surprised to learn that the marriage took place in Thailand, in the Uthai Thani Province.
The threesome did not undergo a state ceremony, since Thai law does not recognize same-sex marriages or polygamy, but the trio claims that their union is sanctioned by Buddhist law. Buddhism is notoriously short on rules and does not forbid polygamy, though Buddhists are counseled to limit themselves to one wife. Buddhism has no official teaching regarding homosexual practice, other than prohibiting it for celibate monks.
Reports state that Art and Joke met through business and became romantically involved in 2010, shortly after which they began living together. The couple later met Bell at a party, and started spending time together. When Bell was later “hospitalized with a congenital disease,” Art and Joke proposed the three-way marriage.
According to Art, “When Bell was in hospital, it became clear that we all had a lot of feelings for each other. We thought what better way to show our love for each other by getting married. It might seem strange to some, but many people understand our bond and the reasons we got married.”
Joke said in an interview that he considers same-sex marriages to be equally valid to any state-sanctioned ones.
“Now Thai society has a better understanding of sexual orientation as many same-sex weddings appear on TV, newspapers and social media, we feel more accepted and able to come out,” he said.
Joke also said the threesome “love each other and live together like brothers,” something he hoped the world could understand.
For his part, Bell has said that although some people may not agree with the trio’s decision, “we believe many people do understand and accept our choice. Love is love, after all,” he said.
Though homosexual marriage is illegal in Thailand, a member of a panel drafting a new charter for the national constitution has said that the amended text will include the term “third gender,” referring to those who identify themselves as transgender, transsexual or gay.
The spokesman for the panel, Kamnoon Sittisamarn, said the new measure would guarantee equal treatment under the law for all sexual identities.
“We are putting the words ‘third gender’ in the constitution because Thai society has advanced,” Sittisamarn said.
“There are not only men and women, we need to protect all sexes. We consider all sexes to be equal,” he said.

Tokens
Montana Man Applies for 3-Way Marriage

CBNNews.com
Thursday, July 02, 2015

btn_share.gif

spacer.gif
Print 21 Comment(s)​

Montana-Pologamy_LG.jpg

A Montana man has now applied for a marriage license to legally marry a second wife.
Nathan Collier says he was inspired by last week's Supreme Court ruling.
Collier, a former Mormon, was excommunicated for polygamy and now belongs to no religious organization. He and two women applied for the license Tuesday in an attempt to legitimize their polygamous marriage.
All states outlaw bigamy, but Collier plans to sue if his application is denied.
"It's about marriage equality. You can't have this without polygamy," Collier told the Associated Press.

Tokens
This argument is so fucking stupid. They said when women were given the right to vote, stupid people said that it would open it up to let dogs or animals vote. And that gay marriage would make it so man could marry objects or pets. Of course none of this happened.

People understand that crimes against children are not comparable to consenting adults.

Of course nobody said giving women the right to vote would enable animal voting, and even if they did, it wouldn't be an analogy here.

Further, gay marriage was nationalized in 2015. The fact that you think saying people can't marry pets not even 6 months after the SCOTUS decision means it will never happen is fucking hilarious.

Finally, good thing nobody is trying to normalize pedo behavior, huh?
:):)

You are the dumbest person here. It isn't even close and why you continue to make a fool of yourself here is not at all clear.

Tokens
Of course nobody said giving women the right to vote would enable animal voting, and even if they did, it wouldn't be an analogy here.

Further, gay marriage was nationalized in 2015. The fact that you think saying people can't marry pets not even 6 months after the SCOTUS decision means it will never happen is fucking hilarious.

Finally, good thing nobody is trying to normalize pedo behavior, huh?
:):)

You are the dumbest person here. It isn't even close and why you continue to make a fool of yourself here is not at all clear.

You were already destroyed on that "normalize pedo" thing. Please post that link again....please. Every group but 2 no longer existed and none were even in the United States.

You homophobic conservatives are scary stupid.

People have been saying " gay marriage will lead to being able to marry animals" for years you idiot. You think people just started talking about this after the Supreme Court decision?? Lmao. You are as dumb as they come.

Please post that link again

Tokens
Montana Man Applies for 3-Way Marriage

CBNNews.com
Thursday, July 02, 2015

btn_share.gif

spacer.gif
Print 21 Comment(s)​

Montana-Pologamy_LG.jpg

A Montana man has now applied for a marriage license to legally marry a second wife.
Collier, a former Mormon, was excommunicated for polygamy and now belongs to no religious organization. He and two women applied for the license Tuesday in an attempt to legitimize their polygamous marriage.
All states outlaw bigamy, but Collier plans to sue if his application is denied.
"It's about marriage equality. You can't have this without polygamy," Collier told the Associated Press.

Ummmmm.....you do realize Mormons have been doing this for a while right?

Why do you guys find one example on the Internet and think it's widespread stuff?

Tokens
Ummmmm.....you do realize Mormons have been doing this for a while right?

Why do you guys find one example on the Internet and think it's widespread stuff?

Mormons have *NOT* been doing this legally.

Tokens
Mormons have *NOT* been doing this legally.

Listen......you can't take examples from.00000001 percent of the population and act like its some big wave.

Nobody but a small percentage of pedophiles would ever think that gay marriage and forced sex against children is comparable.

There will never be a point in this country where pedophiles are considered acceptable. It's just more of the far righties trying to scare people.

Rx Normal
Tokens

The article titled ""I'm a pedophile, but not a monster," with the subtitle reading, "I'm attracted to children but unwilling to act on it. Before judging me harshly, would you be willing to listen?" appeared on that left wing trash site known as Salon.

You can stop blaming conservatives now.

Yes, we warned you this would happen, no, you didn't listen and yes, people like you shoulder 100% to blame.

GayMarriageBouquet.jpg

Tokens
The article titled ""I'm a pedophile, but not a monster," with the subtitle reading, "I'm attracted to children but unwilling to act on it. Before judging me harshly, would you be willing to listen?" appeared in that left wing trash site known as Salon.

You can stop blaming conservatives now.

And yes, we warned you this would happen, and yes, people like you are 100% to blame.

Yes, because one stupid person who writes an article equals an epidemic.

Just like Fox News......scare, scare, scare people with stuff that had zero chance of happening.

Screwing young boys is a problem with far righties anyway. The people you vote for are Jared from Subway

Rx Normal
Tokens
"I didn't choose this. I'm born this way and cannot change"

Hmmm, sounds familiar.

What a STUPID argument.

face)(*^%

Tokens
"I didn't choose this. I'm born this way and cannot change"

Hmmm, sounds familiar.

face)(*^%
It's so weird how fringe conservative make these whacky comparisons.

Scary stupid shit.

Some studies show that mass killers are born that way.....you think people are accepting that? Of course not

Were you at the Kim Davis rally? Howard stern put it best " looked like a sea of ugly, miserable, unfuckable people

Tokens
You were already destroyed on that "normalize pedo" thing. Please post that link again....please. Every group but 2 no longer existed and none were even in the United States.

People have been saying " gay marriage will lead to being able to marry animals" for years you idiot. You think people just started talking about this after the Supreme Court decision?? Lmao. You are as dumb as they come.

The link I posted showed no such thing, you idiot liar. But please, find the link and if it shows only 2 active groups in the world, I will leave this Web site forever. So go right ahead ass-clown, this is your big chance.

Nobody said a word about people talking about marrying animals, you illiterate imbecile. It is irrelevant how long people have been talking about something. The fact that you can't understand that is comical.

Tokens

The fact that you think the above means "people were talking about it!!!" is fucking hilarious. You are caroonishly stupid. Beyond parody.

Gay marriage has been legalized in America nationally since June 26, 2015. You pronouncing "none of it happened" in September 2015 is laugh until you cry funny. And what makes it even funnier is you don't even understand how dumb your statement is. You literally can not grasp it.

Tokens

Want to bet you pathetic little c-unt liar?

"destroyed"

What a fucking moron.

You gay marriage embracing idiots are scary stupid.

Tokens
Y

Nobody said people starting talking about anything since the Supreme Court decision, dumb fuck. Why can't you read?

Further, why can't you understand that gay marriage has only been nationalized for 3 months and pronouncing "none of it happened" is just a tad bit premature and fucking moronic?

Finally, how much do you want to bet that there are more than 2 active pedo advocacy organizations in the world and my reference shows that to be a fact?

Come on big talker, put some money up. I mean, I'm "scary stupid" so this will be your big chance to collect easy money.

Tokens
There will never be a point in this country where pedophiles are considered acceptable. It's just more of the far righties trying to scare people.

In 1955, there were people (a large majority) who said that there would never be a point in this country where gays are considered acceptable. Let alone, gay marriage.

Therefore, using your own dipshit logic, you are completely wrong and scary stupid.

Again, you don't even pay attention to your own idiotic posts.

Tokens
In 1955, there were people (a large majority) who said that there would never be a point in this country where gays are considered acceptable. Let alone, gay marriage.

Therefore, using your own dipshit logic, you are completely wrong and scary stupid.

Again, you don't even pay attention to your own idiotic posts.
1955? Lmao.....what did people say about blacks in 1955? You old dumb fuck conservatives still live in the 50's

please post that pedo link again. That was the best. Every group was defunct. Where is it? Lmao

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gift-express
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com