Forum: Financial Investment Forum. - This forum is for financial topics only. Please adhere to forum rules. Violators will be banned from this forum and possibly the entire site.

Thread: Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac - Your Ticket to Fortune (and possibly Fame)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Stock Investing Guru
    Hope you've been enjoying the ride the last few days. Thank you President-Elect Trump! The teams you are forecasting are all pro-Fannie and pro-Freddie and the stocks are realizing that.

As always, I'm almost entirely Preferred and still suggest folks to stay that way. Still a long ways to go to get back to Par

Stock Investing Guru
    Followers of #FannieGate should attend this conference call. Former Fannie Mae CFO (Tim Howard) will be a speaker.

WASHINGTON, D.C. On Tuesday, November 15 at 10:30 am EST, Investors Unite will hold a teleconference to discuss risk sharing in the secondary mortgage market, a major policy that could affect Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac moving forward.

The teleconference will feature Investors Unite Executive Director Tim Pagliara, Former Chief Financial Officer and Vice Chairman of the Board of Fannie Mae Tim Howard, and the Head of External Affairs for the Community Mortgage Lenders of America Rob Zimmer.

To join the teleconference, please RSVP to media@investorsunite.org.

WHO: Tim Pagliara, Investors Unite Executive Director and CapWealth Advisors Chairman and CEO

Tim Howard, Former Chief Financial Officer and Vice Chairman of the Board of Fannie Mae

Rob Zimmer, Community Mortgage Lenders of America Head of External Affairs
    WHAT: Investors Unite Risk Sharing Call
    WHEN: Tuesday, November 15th, 10:30 am EST
    DIAL IN: 800-895-2195; Conference ID: Investors

Stock Investing Guru
    Good information on Paulson. Let's see if Trump returns the favor and helps re-privatize Fannie & Freddie.

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/...p-favor-to-ask

The big gains are yet to come. The last few weeks were just a warm-up to our first 150-300% day, with much more to follow.

Expect at least a 50% bump in price if/when Mnuchin gets selected for Secretary of Treasury position.

Stock Investing Guru
    Great article from Financial Times -- https://www.ft.com/content/a661d6fe-...c-f4a01f1b0fa1

Stock Investing Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by kuwlness View Post
    Expect at least a 50% bump in price if/when Mnuchin gets selected for Secretary of Treasury position.
    Let's hope this guy is right: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/29/us...=tw-share&_r=0

Stock Investing Guru
    It's over. All aboard. Still ~500% ROI on some $50 Preferreds. Huge day coming today.

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSN9N1D9060

Damn, held off for the last 5 months since your initial post, as I've been too lazy to open a non-registered investment account. Can't hold OTC in Canadian Retirement/Tax Free acounts.

Time to hop on board?
    How will this thing move until the Senate confirms the appointment? What if it doesn't support our friend Steven?

Stock Investing Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Steiner69eR View Post
    Damn, held off for the last 5 months since your initial post, as I've been too lazy to open a non-registered investment account. Can't hold OTC in Canadian Retirement/Tax Free acounts.

Time to hop on board?
    How will this thing move until the Senate confirms the appointment? What if it doesn't support our friend Steven?
    There's still plenty of time to get on board. Preferreds are the way to go, but if you like to gamble or want a higher risk/reward, go with some Common shares. I only own Prefs and have owned them for several years, so I locked in my long-term gains and have no interest in selling until at least Par value. Commons I value anywhere between $10-18 per share, possibly more. But the outcomes are too cloudy for me to value Commons properly, so I'll stick with Preferreds and only trade the Commons.

Keep in mind, this was solely a legal play for me. I knew the courts would see through the BS and so I invested accordingly. However, this now has two outs: Legal and Political. The political out now plays into recapitalizing the two companies and having them come back stronger than ever. As for Mnuchin getting confirmed, I think it's a done deal. Dems changed the rules a few years ago to make it damn near impossible to block an appointee. He's a lock.

My top picks for Prefs are: FMCCT for Freddie and FNMFN for Fannie. They have been and continue to be my top holdings due to potential Dividends if they are ever re-instated (which I think there is a high likelihood for this to happen). As such, they trade at a premium to other Preferreds. The $50s are the way to go based on pure ROI, and these are my two favorites.

RX Local
    Nice call on Fannie and Freddie.

After '08 I didn't think they would get recapitalized and go private again.

If they do go private they still have the gov't backing don't they? Otherwise people would have to put up real money to buy houses.

Stock Investing Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan1283 View Post
    Nice call on Fannie and Freddie.

After '08 I didn't think they would get recapitalized and go private again.

If they do go private they still have the gov't backing don't they? Otherwise people would have to put up real money to buy houses.
    I believe they will retain their Government Charter and an implicit government guaranty. The outcome of this bailout is they will likely turn Fannie & Freddie into Utility companies with a capped return. This won't benefit Common shareholders much, but Preferred shareholders will be made whole. I believe they will likely need to sell additional Jr. Preferreds (basically regular Prefs once Government's Sr. Prefs are deemed paid off) to the tune of $50B. This will dilute Common earnings potentials. So with a Utility model and additional earnings dilution (which can't be properly calculated at this time), you can see why I think the Prefs are the better investment option.

Please take a look at Josh Rosner's article, I believe this addresses the Utility model more in-depth: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gggs89qewx...andal.pdf?dl=0

Stock Investing Guru
    Richard Epstein just dropped another article. His legal analysis is on-point. NWS going away. Check it out here on Forbes:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/richarde.../#7d68d2d66cf6

Stock Investing Guru
    And a new article from Gretchen Morgenson via NY Times. Next week should be even more fun!

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/02/bu...ddie.html?_r=1

RX Local
    Yeah, if they didn't have gov't backing then they're worthless. No different than your avg underwriter/lender.

That is a pretty crafty use of language to say that they're not government entities when they will still be backed and now everyone can make dubious loans and give them back to fannie and freddie again. I'm sure the underwriting will be stricter but for how long? Who knows.

Not a big fan of GSE's but nice call. Wish I had given it more thought but after your Chinese microcaps disaster always saw you as a bit of a charlatan. Lol j/k

I was gonna go buy some when I saw this thread but forgot they were otc .
    I don't do otc
    2017 Super Bowl Champs

Stock Investing Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan1283 View Post
    Yeah, if they didn't have gov't backing then they're worthless. No different than your avg underwriter/lender.

That is a pretty crafty use of language to say that they're not government entities when they will still be backed and now everyone can make dubious loans and give them back to fannie and freddie again. I'm sure the underwriting will be stricter but for how long? Who knows.

Not a big fan of GSE's but nice call. Wish I had given it more thought but after your Chinese microcaps disaster always saw you as a bit of a charlatan. Lol j/k
    Yeah, those China stocks burned a lot of value investors. Was quite unfortunate and cost me some serious coin. Can always bounce back though, still follow a few (CCCL and SIAF). Had recommended them a while, they still seem undervalued, but tough to trust management

Stock Investing Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by CHOPTALK View Post
    I was gonna go buy some when I saw this thread but forgot they were otc .
    I don't do otc
    They won't be OTC much longer. When Conservatorship is declared to be complete, they'll go back to NYSE or another big board.

They're still both Fortune 50 Companies.

Stock Investing Guru
    Another informative post from former Fannie Mae CFO Tim Howard -- https://howardonmortgagefinance.com/...welcome-reset/

Stock Investing Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by kuwlness View Post
    Another informative post from former Fannie Mae CFO Tim Howard -- https://howardonmortgagefinance.com/...welcome-reset/
    Two in one day! Another great write-up from David Fiderer: http://www.fidererongses.com/params/...ent-guarantee-

Stock Investing Guru
    Excellent read: http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blo...n-in-the-trump

Still a good buying opportunity. Plenty of up-side on most of the $50 Preferreds (~300%). Commons seeing some nice trading volatility.

Stock Investing Guru
    Great article from former Fannie Mae CFO J. Tim Howard -- https://howardonmortgagefinance.com/...ping-politics/

The Clock is ticking with the Mnuchin confirmation on the horizon along with Mandamus rejection and Perry Appeal decision.

Still over 350% upside on FNMFN and FMCCT and the majority of the other $50 Preferreds.

Stock Investing Guru
    Looks like the next leg-up is starting. Good times ahead with Mnuchin confirmation on the horizon along with Perry appeal ruling and Mandamus ruling. Still ~300% up-side on most Preferreds.

I went ahead and bought 500 at 374 about a month ago just for fun
    2017 Super Bowl Champs

Quote Originally Posted by CHOPTALK View Post
    I went ahead and bought 500 at 374 about a month ago just for fun

Of freedie not fannie
    2017 Super Bowl Champs

Very nice day. What is it going to take for them to get back on the NYSE
    2017 Super Bowl Champs

Stock Investing Guru
    BIG WIN!! Mandamus largely rejected, only 8 documents of the 56 approved by Sweeney are to be withheld under Executive Privilege. The other 48 documents must be turned over. Only 11,000 more documents to go through now and most are withheld under Privileges other than Executive, meaning they will be turned over in due time.

Preferreds should be up 20+% on this news. Watch for a delayed reaction and late-day rally. This is absolutely HUGE.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2a6ishhxi9...damus.pdf?dl=0