Forum: Political Forum - Spirited Political comedy. All serious political and World Event posting is also to be posted in this forum.

Thread: Nate Silver says Trump would be favorite if election were held today

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. #51  
    Conservatives, Patriots & Huskies return to glory Willie99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Home of Foxwoods, Mohegan Sun & Looney Libs
    Posts
    61,432
    Quote Originally Posted by roadreeler57 View Post
    Vegas is 2 weeks behind.....
    or 7 weeks away

    arriving 9/12 baby, going to hook me up
    "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter". "A rising tide raises all boats". "MAGA"
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #52  
    RX SemiGod
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    13,129
    Does anyone want to wager with me? I want Trump +250 for 1 or 2K
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #53  
    RX Local Scott L's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    pa
    Posts
    24,301
    Quote Originally Posted by The Guesser View Post
    Sad what Finchy has this lame, hypocritical FRINGY reduced to. Let him at least gather his teefus, dude. He's looks like Gassy after one of his Vit, or Minor League Hockey thorough beatdowns.
    Don't be so jealous that I can type two words describing your sicko friend grunting and get so much out of it, as opposed to the pablum you drool months on end, demonstrated above.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #54  
    RX Senior
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    North
    Posts
    2,733
    Quote Originally Posted by Seymour View Post
    Does anyone want to wager with me? I want Trump +250 for 1 or 2K
    Why would anyone do that? He's +215 right now and it will drop
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #55  
    RX SemiGod
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    13,129
    OK -230 and +230

    u know for certain what way the line is gonna go
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #56  
    RX Deplorable
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    21,261
    Quote Originally Posted by Seymour View Post
    Does anyone want to wager with me? I want Trump +250 for 1 or 2K
    "Hillary will be president!" - vtard

    I'm sure the poker millionaire will bite. Unless of course he's having his usual cash flow issues and brain farts trying to understand grade school level probability.


    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #57  
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    pa
    Posts
    40,887
    Me and you heads up for a thousand in any sport Joe. You still running from me?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #58  
    RX Senior
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    North
    Posts
    2,733
    Quote Originally Posted by Seymour View Post
    OK -230 and +230

    u know for certain what way the line is gonna go
    All wager you that Hilary will be at -200 or less before the election. I'm think it gets to -150 - -170 range
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #59  
    RX SemiGod
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    13,129
    -220

    Vito if ur ventures r doing well do u to take it
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #60  
    Conservatives, Patriots & Huskies return to glory Willie99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Home of Foxwoods, Mohegan Sun & Looney Libs
    Posts
    61,432
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedingPurple View Post
    Why would anyone do that? He's +215 right now and it will drop
    you're splitting the vig
    "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter". "A rising tide raises all boats". "MAGA"
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #61  
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    pa
    Posts
    40,887
    Quote Originally Posted by Seymour View Post
    -220

    Vito if ur ventures r doing well do u to take it
    It's a tight race ....why would I make a bet like that?

    you can get a better price at an offshore book. No money to post up huh? Poor people vouchers should be coming in soon to help you out.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #62  
    RX Deplorable
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    21,261
    Quote Originally Posted by vitterd View Post
    Me and you heads up for a thousand in any sport Joe. You still running from me?
    Nah, I actually feel bad you can't scrape two cents together for a forum contest.

    So if you need a dime for Michelangelo, PM me and I'll be glad to help.

    "No way! I'm not giving Mich a head start! Smart bettors know this"

    I mean, nobody could possibly be THAT stupid...could they?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #63  
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    pa
    Posts
    40,887
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheriff Joe View Post
    Nah, I actually feel bad you can't scrape two cents together for a forum contest.

    If you need a dime for Michelangelo, PM me and I'll be glad to help.

    "No way! I'm not giving Mich a head start!"

    I mean, nobody could possibly be that stupid...could they?
    I didn't think so. You have now run from 10 bets. You must be dead broke. Why aren't you in any forum contests? Your 1-9 record?

    Im +12 dimes and he's -60 dimes. Let's start a contest even
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. #64  
    RX Deplorable
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    21,261
    Quote Originally Posted by vitterd View Post
    I didn't think so. You have now run from 10 bets. You must be dead broke.

    Im +12 dimes and he's -60 dimes. Let's start a contest even
    Umm, you're both starting at 0-0 with 1200 games to go (minus the time you've been procrastinating). Explain why this isn't true.

    Or maybe...

    He's secretly ahead betting other games he doesn't share in the forum. Betcha you never thought about that one, did ya genius.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. #65  
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    pa
    Posts
    40,887
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheriff Joe View Post
    Umm, you're both starting at 0-0 with 1200 games to go (minus the time you've been procrastinating). Explain why this isn't true.

    Or maybe...

    He's secretly ahead betting other games he doesn't share in the forum. Betcha you never thought about that one, did ya genius.
    Why would I wanna start 0-0.....I beat him soundly in first 4 months.

    you think he's betting other games not posted? Lmao.....he posts almost the entire board every night.

    he ends up -60k for year and I end up +12....I pay him. Lol...yeah, smart bet
    Reply With Quote  
     

  16. #66  
    RX Deplorable
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    21,261
    Quote Originally Posted by vitterd View Post
    Why would I wanna start 0-0.....I beat him soundly in first 4 months.

    you think he's betting other games not posted? Lmao.....he posts almost the entire board every night.

    he ends up -60k for year and I end up +12....I pay him. Lol...yeah, smart bet
    Hey stupid!

    the -60K and +12K don't exist...you are starting fresh: 0-0

    The past does not equal the future.

    What part of 0-0 don't you understand?

    "He has a head start on me, I pay him. Yeah smart bet, Joe...real smart!" - vtard
    Reply With Quote  
     

  17. #67  
    RX Wizard
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    bronx, ny
    Posts
    9,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott L View Post
    Har-Har
    Too bad you are, "incopetent" and a "lier," Snitch Bitch. Heal slowly, Gimp. geyn drek in di okean
    Reply With Quote  
     

  18. #68  
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    pa
    Posts
    40,887
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheriff Joe View Post
    Hey stupid!

    the -60K and +12K don't exist...you are starting fresh: 0-0

    The past does not equal the future.

    What part of 0-0 don't you understand?

    "He has a head start on me, I pay him. Yeah smart bet, Joe...real smart!" - vtard
    Of course they exist. We both posted our plays. Perhaps he would like to take the bet including all the posted plays from the first 4 months. I'm better and over a longer sample, I will win. He could win a short 2 month contest but over the year I win and it isn't close.

    Me and you can start 0-0....step up for once in your life. Gas man will probably loan you the money.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  19. #69  
    RX Deplorable
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    21,261
    Quote Originally Posted by vitterd View Post
    Of course they exist. We both posted our plays. Perhaps he would like to take the bet including all the posted plays from the first 4 months. I'm better and over a longer sample, I will win. He could win a short 2 month contest but over the year I win and it isn't close.

    Me and you can start 0-0....step up for once in your life. Gas man will probably loan you the money.
    Dude, MLB has 1,200 games remaining. The NFL has 256 regular season games. Can you fucking count? That's almost 5 times as many games in the next 2 months of MLB as a full season of pro football. But because football season is longer and spread out over 6 months, this somehow gives you a magic edge?

    "Over the year I win and it isn't close!"

    LMFAO!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  20. #70  
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    pa
    Posts
    40,887
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheriff Joe View Post
    Dude, MLB has 1,200 games remaining. The NFL has 256 regular season games. Can you fucking count? That's almost 5 times as many games in the next 2 months of MLB as a full season of pro football. But because football season is longer and spread out over 6 months, this somehow gives you a magic edge?

    "Over the year I win and it isn't close!"

    LMFAO!
    None of that matters. He can easily win a quick 2 month contest.....but still get killed for the year. I'm ahead by 60 dimes right now....and over a long season.....I will beat him everytime. He may beat me in small sample but that's it.....the first half shows he has no chance over a full season.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  21. #71  
    Que pasa? festeringZit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    35,505
    Quote Originally Posted by vitterd View Post
    None of that matters. He can easily win a quick 2 month contest.....but still get killed for the year. I'm ahead by 60 dimes right now....and over a long season.....I will beat him everytime. He may beat me in small sample but that's it.....the first half shows he has no chance over a full season.
    Vitterd: "Michelangelo has had such a miserable year betting, that he has an advantage over a future bet"

    BWHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    Unbelievably stupid.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  22. #72  
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    pa
    Posts
    40,887
    Quote Originally Posted by festeringZit View Post
    Vitterd: "Michelangelo has had such a miserable year betting, that he has an advantage over a future bet"

    BWHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    Unbelievably stupid.
    Many people here feel the same way. You keep comparing sports betting to roulette ball spins.

    It is very simple....he ends up -59k and I end up 13k for the season.....he wins. Only a moron would make a bet where that is a possible outcome. Since you really don't understand sports betting.....you won't get this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  23. #73  
    RX Local CHOPTALK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Homerville
    Posts
    38,915
    You gotta finish reading the story.
    It said if the election were today trump would be the probable winner but silver went on to say Clinton was still the fav because the election is not today.

    If there were an election today it would not have the DMC bounce and many other things such as future debates in the calculations that will be included in the real election in November .
    Reply With Quote  
     

  24. #74  
    RX Local CHOPTALK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Homerville
    Posts
    38,915
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedingPurple View Post
    You are slow, my point is today... she has a 71% probability of winning according to Vegas, that's the only point I am making. I'm not saying it won't change, I'm not saying Trump is going to lose and she is going to win. I am saying that Vegas disagrees with Silver today.
    No silver agrees with Vegas .
    All he was saying was in a hypothetical situation of the election being today is that trump would win. But since the election is not today it's a moot point . He still believes the odds of Clinton winning in November is about the same as the odds the sports books have
    Reply With Quote  
     

  25. #75  
    RX Local CHOPTALK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Homerville
    Posts
    38,915
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheriff Joe View Post

    And it's pretty sad because that's false . That's not what Nate silver said.
    Unless you want to call a hypothetical election on July 25th a real election . That's the odds silver gave for trump winning if the election were today
    Reply With Quote  
     

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •