Forum: College Football Forum - Sponsored by:

Thread: On The Hop's 2016 NCAA Football

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Hop.........good luck with all your action this weekend........indy

RX Senior
    Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets +9 (-110), 1 unit

California Golden Bears PICK (-110), 1 unit

North Carolina State Wolfpack -14 (-110), 1 unit:
    This is an attempt to middle the Wake play above.

RX Senior
    There is an error in my previous post. Wake Forest is +11 (+100) not +11 (-110)....explains a little more why I took essentially a free shot at a middle.

RX Senior
    I'm sorry....I keep saying middle re: Wake. I mean buy out. Clearly I cannot win both sides. Tired brain. The point is I realized NC State is the right side. Because Wake was at (+100) if NC State covers I break even. If they do not I lose .1. There is a small window where I can lose both.

Apologies for any confusion.

RX Senior
    Sorry for all the confusion with the middle/buyout, etc....hopefully if you read this for some reason it worked out for you.

10/8/2016 (26-21-4, +7.46u)

Minnesota Golden Gophers +1 (-110), 1 unit:
    Hard to believe how far Iowa has fallen. A home loss to NDSU, a road squeaker over an abysmal Rutgers team, a home loss to Northwestern. Now they have to go on the road and play a rival in Minnesota. The Gophers can run the ball and have a Senior QB. This is a tougher matchup than any of the three mentioned above and I'll take the point at home with the better team.

Notre Dame Fighting Irish +2.5 (-110), 1 unit:
    Swap the schedules for these two teams and the Irish are undefeated. The Wolfpack have played one tough game and lost at ECU. Neither team has much of a defense and the Irish have better weapons on offense. Look for Notre Dame to start to turn their season around with a road win at NC State.

North Carolina Tar Heels -2 (-110), 2 units: This one is scary with the Hokies coming off a bye. However, looking at their schedule, they've stepped up in competition once and got beaten handily by Tennessee. North Carolina is 5 bad minutes against Georgia from being undefeated. The Va Tech offense can't keep up with the Heels and I think they keep it rolling at home.

Arkansas Razorbacks +14 (-120), 1 unit Betting against the Crimson Tide is no picnic. However, the Razorbacks can run the ball and should be able to control the clock. For some reason, Bielema can get his players up for big games and the Razorbacks seem to always be in the game against top teams. Fayetville will be rocking and the home crowd and run game should keep Arkansas in the game.

Florida State Seminoles +3 (-110), 1 unit:
    What would this number be if the Seminoles won last week? Because of one late FG they are now getting 3. Florida State has the better run game and has faced a much, much, much tougher schedule. Switch the schedules and you can switch the records. The Canes haven't faced competition like this and even though he has changed schools, Richt is still not a good big game coach. I'll take the better coach and the more battle tested team.

Utah Utes -10 (-110), 1 unit:
    Clearly the Wildcats are not the same team. They may have found a QB but he's never faced a defense like this in an environment like this. Arizona cannot stop the Utes run game and the Utes D and ST are far too much for a struggling Arizona squad.

Stanford Cardinal -7 (-110), 1 unit: Huge overreaction to last week's results. Wazzu beat an awful Oregon team while the Cardinal got crushed by one of the best teams in the country, Washington. If either of those results are different the home team is favored by double digits. The Cardinal need this one to get back into the P12 race and their grind it out style and tough D are exactly what the Cougars struggle against. Look for a rested Stanford team to take out their frustrations on WSU.

RX Senior
    Texas Tech Red Raiders +17/Oregon Ducks +17 (-120), 1 unit

RX Senior
    10/14/2016 (28-26-4, +2.66)

BYU Cougars -7 (-110), 1 unit

RX Senior
    Record does not include the BYU play but that doesn't look real promising. Brief write ups this week due to time constraints.

10/15/2016 (28-26-4, +2.66)

Texas Tech Red Raiders +1 (-110), 2 units:
    First real road game for WVU. Red Raiders have too much offense for the Mountaineers to keep up.

North Carolina Tar Heels +7 (-125), 1 unit: Hurricanes have to be deflated after last week. Overreaction to the monsoon loss by UNC.

Tennessee Volunteers +14 (-120), 1 unit: The Vols turned the ball over 357 times last week and still almost won. Bama freshman QB going into a tough environment. Vols have resiliency and enough weapons to hang around.

Arkansas Razorbacks +7 (-110), 2 units:
    First true road game for Ole Miss. Razorbacks moved the ball well on Alabama last week and are undervalued due to a somewhat deceiving final score.

Syracuse Orange +19.5 (-110), 1 unit: I hate this pick. Hate it. But, Virginia Tech just had a huge win at UNC and have a Thursday game coming against Miami.

Wisconsin Badgers +10.5 (-110), 1 unit: Camp Randall at night. Badgers coming off a bye. Too many points in this one.

RX Senior
    Very fortunate to push BYU last week and grind out a profit.

10/20/2016 (32-28-5, +4.26)

Boise State Broncos -6.5 (-110), 1 unit:
    Broncos believe they can be the non-AQ representative but they do not have a ton of chances left on their schedule to get noticed. This is a monster game for them. The Cougars are very, very well tested and will not be intimidated. However, something just seems off with this year's BYU team...Hill doesn't seem 100 percent healthy and their D won't be able to get enough stops tonight and while they will have success running the ball they are not explosive enough to match Boise State score for score on the smurf turf.

Your Bookies Worest Enemy XSPower's Avatar
    Good luck tonight
    NBA (360-288) / NBA PLAYOFFS (23-9)

RX Senior
    Not a great start to the week. Let's see if we can turn it around.

10/22/2016 (32-29-5, +3.16)

Kentucky Wildcats +3.5 (-110), 1 unit:
    Not sure about the line on this game. Kentucky is the better team and is playing at home. This one might be due to people remembering a certain QB that now throws it around in Dallas. The Wildcats are slowly starting to turn it around. The Bulldogs aren't the same and had a tough battle against a physical BYU defense last week. As Kentucky desperately tries to get bowl eligible they must have this big night game at home.

Northwestern Wildcats -3 (+100), 1 unit:
    The home team has the better defense and the Wildcats really seem to have found something on offense the last two weeks. If Northwestern wants to maintain any hope of winning the B10 West they must have this one. The Hoosiers are much better than anticipated this year but they have to be disappointed after thinking they were going to get a big Top 10 win last week against Nebraska. The week before that they played Ohio State and I don't think they have anything left in the tank.

Kansas State Wildcats +1 (-110), 1 unit: Texas' reputation this year is based on an OT win over a poor Notre Dame team. They lost road games at Cal and at Oklahoma State. Meanwhile I get Bill Snyder as a dog, at home? I'll take it.

Navy Midshipmen +1.5 (-110), 1 unit:
    This seems like a sucker play but I can't help it. Navy is fantastic at home. Their last home game they beat Top 10 Houston. Additionally, they're coming off a bye while Memphis had a hard time with Tulane. Memphis thrives on turnovers and I believe Navy's low risk offense and prioritization of ball security will make it very difficult for the Tigers to turn them over. I'll take the points and roll with a rested, disciplined Midshipmen squad.

Texas A&M Aggies +17.5 (-110), 1 unit:
    Every week Alabama lays a big number. Every week I say they can't cover it and play against them. Why stop now? To say the Crimson Tide are getting lucky would be very inaccurate. However, I do not think they can keep scoring non-offensive TD's week after week. The Aggies are well rested and should have put in a few things in the bye week that Alabama has not seen on film. A&M has a strong D line which should slow down Alabama a little bit. The Crimson Tide are going to win but I think it stays inside the number.

Mississippi Rebels +7.5 (-110), 1 unit:
    All of a sudden LSU's offensive problems are fixed because they put up a ton of points on Southern Miss and Missouri? This is still a bad offense and for them to be favored by more than a TD against an explosive Ole Miss squad makes no sense. The Rebels are undervalued here due to their loss last week. With Kelly on the field I believe they will be in this one all night.

Arizona State Sun Devils +7.5 (-110), 1 unit: The Sun Devils are an entirely different team at home versus on the road. The Cougars are vastly improved and have some signature wins. Looking a little closer they beat a bad Oregon team, a beat up Stanford team and a UCLA team without their starting QB. Arizona State beat that same UCLA team with their starting QB and also outscored Cal and Texas Tech. In a game that should go up and down the field all night I'll take the home team and more than a TD.

Hop............BOL with all your action this week...........indy

RX Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by indiana View Post
    Hop............BOL with all your action this week...........indy
    Thanks indy...appreciate the continued support!

RX Senior
    Not sure if anyone reads this or laughs at it or fades it or anything else....just an FYI, heading to Vegas tomorrow. Therefore my plays will be based on whatever numbers they have available (can't buy hook, etc). They will also be posted as I play them (unless I get something down in advance). It is also fair to say there may be some drunk bets. I'll try and note those if that's the case. Have a great weekend and GL to all.

10/27/2016 (37-31-5, +5.96)

Pittsburgh Panthers +3.5 (-110), 1 unit

Hop...............enjoy your weekend...........here's hoping for some successful bets and some great drunk bets ...lol..............have a great time.............indy

RX Senior
    ​South Florida Bulls -6 (-110), 1 unit

RX Senior
    Texas Longhorns +3.5 (-110), 1 unit

Purdue Boilermakers +14 (-110), 1 unit

Houston Cougars -9.5 (-110), 2 units

Northwestern Wildcats +26.5 (-110), 1 unit

Oklahoma State Cowboys +4 (-110), 1 unit

Indiana Hoosiers -3.5 (-110), 1 unit

RX Senior
    ​Wyoming Cowboys +15 (-110), 1 unit

RX Senior
    11/3/2016 (44-33-5, +9.66)

Colorado Buffaloes -11.5 (-110), 1 unit

Hop..........nicely done last week..........continue your winning ways...........lov Colo as well...........indy

Your Bookies Worest Enemy XSPower's Avatar
    Good luck tonight
    NBA (360-288) / NBA PLAYOFFS (23-9)

RX Senior
    11/5/2016 (44-34-5, +8.56)

Navy Midshipmen +7 (-115), 1 unit:
    This number is an overreaction to last week's games. The Midshipmen were coming off two big wins and faced a tough South Florida squad. They were never in the game but they battled the whole time and made it a bit of a game. The Fighting Irish beat a Miami team that is falling apart. This is the same Notre Dame team that lost to Duke at home.

Arkansas Razorbacks +3.5 (-110), 1 unit: Definitely missed the best number here. However I don't think it's going to matter. The Gators are not the same team on the road. The Razorbacks were embarrassed two weeks ago and have had a bye week to get healthy and more angry after getting blown out. Arkansas has the better offense and enough D to keep Florida in check.

Kansas State Wildcats -2.5 (-115), 1 unit: Another overreaction to last week. The Cowboys looked good at home but the Mountaineers helped them all day with turnovers and penalties. Meanwhile people look up and see the Wildcats struggled with Iowa State. However it required an onside kick recovery and score for that game to even be close. Bill Snyder, at home, with a focused team, and a short number. I'll take it.

Oregon Ducks +17 (-110), 1 unit: The Ducks have looked better recently with their QB change. In addition the Trojans have a monster game next week with Washington coming to town which makes this a potential look ahead spot.

Penn State Nittany Lions -7 (-110), 1 unit: Last week was a potential let down spot for the Nittany Lions and they had none of it. Their offense is finally clicking and they have a shot to win the Big10 East. Now they get a Hawkeyes team at home, at night that simply can't score. Iowa won't be able to take advantage of Penn State's defensive weaknesses while Penn State's offense and their home crowd should carry them.

LSU Tigers +7 (-110), 1 unit: A few things have me on the Tigers in this one. First, while they win, the Crimson Tide seem to struggle in Baton Rouge at night. Second, I believe the LSU players want Ed O to get the head coaching job and know a win here will likely make that happen.

California Golden Bears +18 (-110), 1 unit: Situational play. Huskies coming off a huge win at Utah. Next week they have USC. Combine that with a high powered offense and the backdoor will be open all night.

Nebraska Cornhuskers/Ohio State Buckeyes o52 (-110), 1 unit: Here's what Wisconsin was missing last week...good QB play and with a mobile QB they would have put up at least another two scores. The Buckeyes have both of those. On the other side of the ball there is something wrong with the Ohio State defense and regardless if we see good Armstrong or bad Armstrong I think Nebraska will find the end zone at least a few times.

RX Senior
    11/11/2016 (48-38-5, +8.11)

Indiana Hoosiers +7 (-110), 1 unit:
    Not many teams hotter than the Nittany Lions right now. Ever since their upset of Ohio State they've been rolling. Looking closer, they've rolled two awful teams. If the Hoosiers have become famous for anything it's playing really tough at home against ranked teams. Indiana has enough offense to keep up. Penn State has been thriving on turnovers and as long as the Hoosiers protect the ball, I think they're in this one the whole way.

South Carolina Gamecocks +10.5 (-110), 1 unit: The Gamecocks have really turned things around and have a potentially huge motivator with Muschamp's return to the Swamp. Gators have an exceptional defense but still look lost on offense. Combine the motivating factor of Muschamp with the inept offense of Florida and I like the idea of getting double digits.

Vanderbilt Commodores +3.5 (-110), 1 unit: Two bad football teams. One still has a shot at bowl eligibility. The same team has the better defense. Did I mention they're the same team getting points? Anchor Down.

Washington Huskies -7 (-125), 2 units:
    A couple of big advantages for the Huskies. First, home field. While the Trojans freshman QB has played well, he has not been in an environment like the one he will face on Saturday night. Second, Washington has a massive coaching advantage as Petersen has been in plenty of big games while Helton is still finding his way. Finally, this is a big opportunity for the Huskies to get a big win over a name opponent as they try to make their case for the playoff.

California Golden Bears +14.5 (-110), 1 unit:
    In a game where both teams can score and neither has a good defense I like the idea of getting more than two TD's. The Cougars haven't really blown anyone out before last week's win over inept Arizona. In a game that should go up and down the field, I like catching double digits.

RX Member
    Ind is sneaky good ...love Washington. GL ...Phillyfranko

RX Senior
    Michigan Wolverines/Iowa Hawkeyes u51 (-110), 1 unit