Forum: College Football Forum - Sponsored by:

Thread: alabama looks like they can be beat

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I thought the line would be around 24. Bamas O is really good. The D gets a lot of name recognition, but Kiffin is a master mind. He is light years against whoever he has played. Kind of like 3D chess.

Good luck to UDub trying to play D against a line with all 5*s and a stable of linebacker sized RBs that can run with the wind.

I am pretty positive this may be the best team ever from a talent standpoint
    Donít drink and drive...
    you might slice a hook!

RX Senior
    Don't know how anyone can feel good betting against Bama. They just keep kicking ass week after week.
    Playing defense and turning the ball over.... I won't put my money against them..
    Peace offering...let's see what happens...

RX Member
    If rumors are correct, Kiffin won't be OC during playoffs.

RX Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by T Hawk View Post
    Don't know how anyone can feel good betting against Bama. They just keep kicking ass week after week.
    Playing defense and turning the ball over.... I won't put my money against them..
    Alabama is the best team no question. However, from a betting standpoint I'm wondering why the very low spread Bama can score 2 touchdowns in a matter of minutes. And that's the line for the game?? I'll be keeping an eye on it all month.
    The fix is always in!

RX Senior
    udub can keep it close

depends on health...a few key guys on defense been out

RX SemiGod
    Quote Originally Posted by DC. View Post
    tell another tall tail jackass
    What "tall tail" ya want loser? How much ya got, I'll take all ya want dawgs +16+. I would easily trust Betall to hold the money, so you let me know, loser.

~T~

RX Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by tmader7 View Post
    What "tall tail" ya want loser? How much ya got, I'll take all ya want dawgs +16+. I would easily trust Betall to hold the money, so you let me know, loser.

~T~
    i would beat the shit out of you washed up old man

RX Member
    Too funny
    but seriously Alabama is so much better then the competition.
    I think they are locked to win the title.

how about Watson for the Heisman?
    how can the voters not consider Watson body of work as a whole.?
    he has had a amazing college career. Why not give him a Heisman.

RX Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sendacash View Post
    Does anyone else think that the SEC was as a whole was not very good this season and maybe that has contributed to Alabama's dominance? Not that I'm advocating fading the Tide, but other than the LSU game they were not really challenged that much. Their power rating is off the chart, still think the Washington line is inflated but who wants to go against Saban this year?

I actually think the complete opposite. I think alabama is head and shoulders above the rest but the rest are so even they beat eachother up. At one point tennessee, Georgia, tex a&m, auburn, Florida and lsu all had times in the top ten. I think the crazyness of an sec schedule is so much that almost everyone ends up with at least 2-3 losses. Hell ole miss was #11 at one point. You can say all those teams proved to be frauds but I think how good the conference is allowed for them to beat eachother up and then teams in the big ten end up in the top ten. Just my thought but when a 5-7 ole miss team is the bottom of a division and that talented it shows the strengths of he conference IMO. Bottom of sec is a lot better than the bottom of any other conference.

RX SemiGod
    Even the ambient air of the Georgia Dome (Atlanta) is in Alabama's favor.....Damn, the Tide has everything going for them this year.

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheRaven View Post
    Bama plays against shit quality QB's all year long. They played one decent one and got lit up for 40 points. I will take the field to win the title.
    Finally someone with some sense. I don't know if they will get beat or not, Nor am I saying they aren't very good, they are. However, its not that hard for your defense to look dominate all year when your entire conference doesn't have a single quality qb in it. WHo's the best sec qb? Chad Kelly? great, the PSU qb is better then him. And oh btw, when the tide did play chad kelly they put up 43 on that bama defense.

RX Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by EasyMoney View Post
    Finally someone with some sense. I don't know if they will get beat or not, Nor am I saying they aren't very good, they are. However, its not that hard for your defense to look dominate all year when your entire conference doesn't have a single quality qb in it. WHo's the best sec qb? Chad Kelly? great, the PSU qb is better then him. And oh btw, when the tide did play chad kelly they put up 43 on that bama defense.
    exactly

What conference has hands down more dominant QB play over the SEC? Just curious.
    Donít drink and drive...
    you might slice a hook!

And by that question I am not alluding that SEC has superior QB play.
    Donít drink and drive...
    you might slice a hook!

RX Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by kapthat View Post
    any one can be beat
    Quote Originally Posted by albatross View Post
    what conference has hands down more dominant qb play over the sec? Just curious.
    ACC. At the top at least.

Watson, Jackson. Trubisky, Peterman. SEC might have one QB in the lower end of that range.

RX Senior
    Evans and Kaaya might be top-end SEC QBs. And Francois compares well to Hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by mws View Post
    ACC. At the top at least.

Watson, Jackson. Trubisky, Peterman. SEC might have one QB in the lower end of that range.
    I will give you Watson. He is good. Jackson and Trubisky struggled against middle/lower end SEC Ds....so they are thrown out of this discussion.
    Donít drink and drive...
    you might slice a hook!

RX Junior
    Fake DC hates Alabama. They're only the best team in the country. And they very well may have the best quarterback.
    The fix is always in!

RX Member
    You can nit pick all you want but they play man coverage and don't give an inch. Stout against the run and physical. It's a trademark at alabama. It's something fun to watch and fun to bet on when you have them. Not gonna argue qbs cause at the next level is impossible to predict because the game is different. Alabama stops the run and has great corners and a stout d line. Yeah chad kelly put 43 on them but they also scored 2 Tds of their own. The defense can take it from you and go the other way for a score. You can look at any one game and say look what that team did but alabama gets every teams best shot. They are the defending champs and the best coaches team (IMO let's not try to argue that because it's just a difference of opinion) and havnt shown any sign of conceding a loss.

Quote Originally Posted by skins85 View Post
    You can nit pick all you want but they play man coverage and don't give an inch. Stout against the run and physical. It's a trademark at alabama. It's something fun to watch and fun to bet on when you have them. Not gonna argue qbs cause at the next level is impossible to predict because the game is different. Alabama stops the run and has great corners and a stout d line. Yeah chad kelly put 43 on them but they also scored 2 Tds of their own. The defense can take it from you and go the other way for a score. You can look at any one game and say look what that team did but alabama gets every teams best shot. They are the defending champs and the best coaches team (IMO let's not try to argue that because it's just a difference of opinion) and havnt shown any sign of conceding a loss.
    I dont think anyone is arguing that they arent very very good. We are arguing that they can be beaten. Thats a big difference. People are already giving them the trophy like its a forgone conclusion and its not. I'll say again, they haven't played any top level qb's because there isnt any in the SEC. Its not like I'm making shit up, its a fact. The ACC probably has 5 qb's better then any SEC qb not named Hurts. Plus deshown Kizer at Notre Dame who basically plays an ACC schedule mostly. Just look at any mock draft and most of the top qb's expected to be drafted are ACC guys. I think the only draftable sec qb's are kelly and maybe Dobbs at tennesee, and both of those are pretty late in the draft. For fuck sake the guy Florida started against Bama in the SEC championship game was a transfer from Purdue. Guy wasn't good enough to start at the dumpster fire of Purdue and was playing against bama for the championship.

RX Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by Denis t. Lemieux View Post
    Fake DC hates Alabama. They're only the best team in the country. And they very well may have the best quarterback.
    shutup manpiss

RX Junior
    ;)
    The fix is always in!

RX SemiGod
    Easy guys; It will all come out in the "wash" on the playing field come game-day.

RX SemiGod
    Quote Originally Posted by DC. View Post
    i would beat the shit out of you washed up old man
    LOL, you couldn't beat your way out of a wet paper bag. From your jibberish, I'm certain you've said "Uncle" your whole life.

~T~

I dont think anyone is arguing that they arent very very good. We are arguing that they can be beaten. Thats a big difference. People are already giving them the trophy like its a forgone conclusion and its not. I'll say again, they haven't played any top level qb's because there isnt any in the SEC. Its not like I'm making shit up, its a fact. The ACC probably has 5 qb's better then any SEC qb not named Hurts. Plus deshown Kizer at Notre Dame who basically plays an ACC schedule mostly. Just look at any mock draft and most of the top qb's expected to be drafted are ACC guys. I think the only draftable sec qb's are kelly and maybe Dobbs at tennesee, and both of those are pretty late in the draft. For fuck sake the guy Florida started against Bama in the SEC championship game was a transfer from Purdue. Guy wasn't good enough to start at the dumpster fire of Purdue and was playing against bama for the championship.
    Who are the 5 QBs?
    Donít drink and drive...
    you might slice a hook!