Forum: College Football Forum - Sponsored by:

Thread: 2017 SEC Off-Season Thread

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    avoid BetEast at all costs! rolltide's Avatar
    yeah i saw an article that 1/3 of Milton's passing yards came on 10 plays. hits big plays and not much else. no idea how fields got hooked up with state penn but they just got a decommit yesterday form their #1 recruit (DE from Harrisburg) so hopefully Fields isn't far behind. I don't care where he goes as long as it's not creepy valley....

tough spot for Mac and Nuss. Got one dude that can throw it 75 yards (Franks) and another that can hit 10 yarders consistently (Del Rio) but neither can do both. Could have all been different if Will Grier didn't screw up...I thought he was pretty decent

crazy story out of Athens....

4-star OL D'Antney Demery was visiting for the Georgia Spring Game and brought his 1-mo old baby momma with him. They got in an argument at a Waffle House and she tried to leave. He was having none of that so threw her against the wall and choked her down....in public.

Georgia of course has ripped up his offer sheet. Dumb fucker

RX Wizard
    Quote Originally Posted by rolltide View Post
    yeah i saw an article that 1/3 of Milton's passing yards came on 10 plays. hits big plays and not much else. no idea how fields got hooked up with state penn but they just got a decommit yesterday form their #1 recruit (DE from Harrisburg) so hopefully Fields isn't far behind. I don't care where he goes as long as it's not creepy valley....

tough spot for Mac and Nuss. Got one dude that can throw it 75 yards (Franks) and another that can hit 10 yarders consistently (Del Rio) but neither can do both. Could have all been different if Will Grier didn't screw up...I thought he was pretty decent

crazy story out of Athens....

4-star OL D'Antney Demery was visiting for the Georgia Spring Game and brought his 1-mo old baby momma with him. They got in an argument at a Waffle House and she tried to leave. He was having none of that so threw her against the wall and choked her down....in public.

Georgia of course has ripped up his offer sheet. Dumb fucker
    Rolltide how you think Bama does this year. I know they just reload but do you see maybe 3 losses this year?

RX Wizard
    QB Jarren Williams decommitted from Kentucky today. Looks like that could be a UF or Bama decision.

The OL recruit from UGA story is nuts. That kid (and his baby momma) totally screwed up. He likely ends up in a JUCO and will be lucky to land back at D1 school.

avoid BetEast at all costs! rolltide's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachCB View Post
    QB Jarren Williams decommitted from Kentucky today. Looks like that could be a UF or Bama decision.

The OL recruit from UGA story is nuts. That kid (and his baby momma) totally screwed up. He likely ends up in a JUCO and will be lucky to land back at D1 school.
    Coach, ideally we would like to add 1 QB for 2018 but if they don't get the right guy they are OK passing all together since we have 1 true sophomore and 2 true freshman. Williams still has to camp at Bama this summer which will decide whether his offer is committable or not. He is not a super highly rated kid by the services by Daboll digs him a lot

pathologist, i try not to ever think about 3-loss seasons since Shula and Dubose - we start out either 5-0 or 4-1 (depending on FSU neutral) and get Ark and lsu at home. Have to think 9-3 is the absolutely worst we will do with 10-2 the average. FSU, at aTm, Ark, LSU, and at barn are only possible losses and we will likely be favored in all. I think this is the year the overhaul in coaches (only 2 of the 9 were here 2 years ago) and defensive attrition catches up to us but 10 wins should be fully expected.

I think we will be better at some positions, worse at others. There's nobody that can duplicate Williams and Allen's production on the D line and Reuben Foster was the best ILB in college football. And we're moving a WR to CB to replace Humphrey plus we're definitely going to miss Eddie Jackson at safety and both Tomlinson and Anderson on the D line. That's a ton of talent and experience missing defensively with FSU up first....

I think Hurts will be much better at QB and our WR group is probably most talented in program history. RB is stacked but right side of OLine is work in progress. Scoring won't be an issue this year though it's too bad can't see OJ Howard in a Daboll offense... - our LT, LG, and C will make for the best left side of an Oline in the country

RX Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadLast View Post
    Thanks for posting rt. Interesting numbers.

I think these numbers validate just how much UGA has underachieved the last 30 plus years. Not only has UGA never played in a championship game during the BCS and CFP eras, they have only won the SEC twice the last 34 years. That is unfathomable with the talent that state produces.
    Another way to look at it is to look at what their rivals and neighbors have done. After UGA won its last national title in 1980, Clemson won the title the very next year (with a QB from Athens, no less). Clemson has now added another one. All Georgia's other rivals have won titles since 1980 (except South Carolina, if they count). Florida has three. Auburn has one. Even Tech has one. Bama has five, and Tennessee has one. To the south, Miami and FSU have five and three respectively.

That's eight schools from Georgia and four bordering states combining to win 21 titles since Georgia won its last.

RX Wizard
    Quote Originally Posted by mws View Post
    Another way to look at it is to look at what their rivals and neighbors have done. After UGA won its last national title in 1980, Clemson won the title the very next year (with a QB from Athens, no less). Clemson has now added another one. All Georgia's other rivals have won titles since 1980 (except South Carolina, if they count). Florida has three. Auburn has one. Even Tech has one. Bama has five, and Tennessee has one. To the south, Miami and FSU have five and three respectively.

That's eight schools from Georgia and four bordering states combining to win 21 titles since Georgia won its last.
    Great comparison. It is amazing UGA hasn't won one. I always thought that all the stars would align one day for Richt, but it never happened. Richt (and now Smart) are recruiting machines. No excuses w/ some of the talent they've accumulated in Athens over the years.

RX SemiGod
    Coach, most people don't realize the sorry football facilities at Georgia over the years (not stadium). Things are changing but Richt never had an indoor facility like the Bama's, etc. New facilities in place will help the program big time.

My take is the DAWGS will win the SEC East this season and will play Alabama for the conference title.

Kirby scares me but he has to have learned something from his first year. I thought he failed badly.

RX Wizard
    Quote Originally Posted by cloverleaf View Post
    Coach, most people don't realize the sorry football facilities at Georgia over the years (not stadium). Things are changing but Richt never had an indoor facility like the Bama's, etc. New facilities in place will help the program big time.

My take is the DAWGS will win the SEC East this season and will play Alabama for the conference title.

Kirby scares me but he has to have learned something from his first year. I thought he failed badly.
    CL, I understand the facilities issue....UF has them (Foley, the supposed "Greatest AD ever" let UF fall behind in the arms race bigtime. So I get it). But my point is that UGA, even with their facilities, has ALWAYS recruited well. They have recruited in the top 5-10 practically every year. So getting newer/nicer facilities isn't going to help in the recruiting arena.

Like I said, w/ Richt, I always thought "it" would all come together for him one year....but it never happened, surprisingly. That's why I think he has a ceiling at Miami.

I agree, Kirby's team should win the East....but they still have to get through UF and Tennessee. Also, believe it or not, Muschamp is doing a solid job at SC. In the long run, I think Muschamp is a 7-8 win coach at SC, but who knows? Maybe he learned something from his time at UF (like leave the OC alone and let him do his job!). If Eason has a good year, I think UGA could be a top 10 team. I'm not sure what to make of Tennessee. Jones has a ceiling also, and I'm not sure he has what it takes to get UT back to top 10 status. Their D was awful last year.