Forum: College Football Forum - Sponsored by:

Thread: What's going on at OREGON?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RX Member
    Former Oregon Ducks tight end Colt Lyerla was found Friday in an apparent overdose and hospitalized after he escaped Thursday from Washington County custody, officials said Friday.
    Didn't take long to find a fix and OD.

Leavitt restores the 3-4 which suits me just fine.

I felt that one of Oregon's biggest shortfalls in their defense was a lack of
    experienced big bodies in Hokes 4-3 defense. So it was.

They had sufficient talent and strength at linebacker and that continues into
    the upcoming season. Their defense was led by a true freshman linebacker
    named Troy Dye who was credited with 99 tackles, good for 2nd in the PAC.

Here's an interesting read about Leavitt's LB's in 2017 if you're interested.

Just waned to mention that Oregon QB Justin Herbert is looking great. I'm a bit surprised at what I've seen
    again and again as I view the videos from practice and the spring game. He came on in the closing half of 2016
    and did a fair job of salvaging what was left of an abysmal season. He threw 80% completions in the spring
    game and his accuracy downfield was nothing short of remarkable. And he's only a sophomore. He's also a
    homegrown product from Eugene... what do you know! It woh't take long for Duck Nation to embrace him if
    he continues to play well after the 2017 season begins.

With all the talent returning on offense (including RB Royce Freeman back from injury for his Sr. year) I expect
    to see a resurrection of the Oregon scoring machine. At this point I think they'll win 8 games -- more if their
    defense kicks in with a new DC -- but anything is better than the defense they showed everyone last season.
    Good riddance Brady Hoke.

RX Wizard
    So; will Ducks humiliate the Huskers??? ..That's the game I think might be a blow out...
    "I don't want to know the odds."..Luke Skywalker.

Well Mike Riley got his licks in last year and barely got away with a win in Lincoln.
    I think a solid thumping is due this time around at Autzen Stadium but can you
    say for sure that the Oregon offense will be hitting on all 8 by Sept. 9th?

That remains to be seen but it's very possible.

What's the word on the ducks' offense? Complete overhaul in termonology? If that's a smooth transition then they still have to deal with changing a defense for a second time in as many years. Think about that. There on Juniors and Seniors that have run 3 different defenses. Ducks might be needing to score 40+ just to secure the win.

RX Member
    Backup QB Travis Jonsen announced today that he intends to transfer, this leaves Oregon very thin at QB with both backups transferring this year.

avoid BetEast at all costs! rolltide's Avatar
    Connelly's S&P has their offense #2 in nation, defense #77 and the Ducks winning by at least 6 in 9 games with two clear defeats (STAN, UW)

https://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...chedule-roster

68%+ win probability over Nebraska, Utah and Wash State looks a bit much to me...

Quote Originally Posted by RunLeeRun View Post
    What's the word on the ducks' offense? Complete overhaul in termonology? If that's a smooth transition then they still have to deal with changing a defense for a second time in as many years. Think about that. There on Juniors and Seniors that have run 3 different defenses. Ducks might be needing to score 40+ just to secure the win.
    Possibly very true

I just read someplace where a respected pundit ranked the Duck offense at #2 in the country. Wish I could remember where I saw it.
    It surprised me to see the Duck "O" so highly ranked anywhere but I see how it is possible. Taggart's offenses are pretty upbeat and
    have been good for 40 points per game lately. Herbert better remain healthy or it will take a miracle for Oregon's "O" to maintain its
    scoring potential.

As far as the Duck defense goes, it's all up to Jim Leavitt so we will see how he responds to the current situation. Here s what people
    are saying about him.

"Because Taggart apparently has gone all-in by reportedly handing Leavitt a four-year deal at what is said to be the highest salary for
    any Pac-12 assistant ever" In my opinion that means Taggart and the Duck front office expects to see results fast.

About the only positive I can predict about the Duck defense with any reasonable
    certainty at this time is that Oregon's defense is loaded with linebackers that will be
    playing Sundays.

As far as the rest of their defense goes I just dunno. But anything has to be better
    than Brady Hokie's sense of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by rolltide View Post
    Connelly's S&P has their offense #2 in nation, defense #77 and the Ducks winning by at least 6 in 9 games with two clear defeats (STAN, UW)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan View Post
    I just read someplace where a respected pundit ranked the Duck offense at #2 in the country. Wish I could remember where I saw it.
    Sorry about that RT... it's getting late here.

RX Wizard
    How about a regular chested babe..??
    "I don't want to know the odds."..Luke Skywalker.

Willie Taggart has the Ducks trending on the recruiting trail in his first full class. After landing the job in December and a nice close to the 2017 class, finishing No. 23 in the class rankings, Oregon has surged into the top 10 of the class rankings. June alone has seen commitments from ESPN 300 prospects Warren Thompson and Notre Dame flip Braden Lenzy. The Ducks now have eight ESPN 300 commitments, which is already twice as many as last year’s class. In the 13 years ESPN has ranked recruiting classes, Oregon has never finished in the top 10, and only inside the top 20 three times -- 2011 (14th), 2012 (18th) and 2015 (15th). Under Taggart, Oregon is casting a nationwide net as prior staffs have, but the ties to the Sunshine State are proving to be a game-changer. If Oregon wins on the field this season, Taggart can keep this momentum going and a first top-10 class is a strong possibility.

RX SemiGod
    Conan, I love you brother of the past but Oregon will have a DIFFICULT time just to have a winning season this year.

YES...MARK THIS POST my friend and I will gladly eat CROW if I am wrong.

Ducks are in for a trying season with a first year coaching staff coming off a losing season.

RX SemiGod
    Golly forum. Just for DEADLAST. I made the above up ALL on my on after studying first year coaches coming in after a losing season.

Didn't want DL to be confused with other local sources.............still waiting on that bastxxx to post here at RX.

avoid BetEast at all costs! rolltide's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cloverleaf View Post
    Conan, I love you brother of the past but Oregon will have a DIFFICULT time just to have a winning season this year.

YES...MARK THIS POST my friend and I will gladly eat CROW if I am wrong.

Ducks are in for a trying season with a first year coaching staff coming off a losing season.
    get your hot sauce ready for some crow

i think Ducks are set for a very nice turnaround. They have not only assembled an outstanding coaching staff (best in P12?) but entire team is made up of recruiting classes that finished no lower than 28th in the country. Cumulatively that would probably rate only behind USCw, and maybe Stanford, in the P12. They avoid USCw this year and I can't see them worse than 6-6 with a bowl invite.

RX SemiGod
    Wouldn't be the first time RT......

Haven't completed last year (2016) but for year's 2013, 2014 and 2015 only three head coaches who took over a losing program had a winning first season. Try 3-30-1 for those three years. I can list every one of them but here are the winning coaches............

The 3 winners were 2015 (Harbaugh 10-3), 2013 (Malzahn 12-2) and (Addazio 7-6). Bill Clark (UAB 6-6 avoided the plague in 2014.

Oregon can go undefeated as far as I'm concerned but I AIN't bucking 3-30-1 in anything!

Had any of those 3-30 losers won 4 BCS bowl games, amassed a 97-20 W/L over the previous 10 years
    and played in a national championship game twice in the previous 6 seasons?

One sorry ass overpaid HC and a DC who could barely count to 4 (which is why he thought he was smarter
    than everyone else.) Not to mention a dud senior transfer quarterback who's play was so bad he silenced an
    entire state... in other words a perfect storm and you are willing to go on record and say there's another one
    right behind the last because you can squeeze in some kind of non-sequitur trend and say "AH HA!" the Ducks
    are destined to join the next batch and add themselves to the losing side of 3-30?

Watch me use my elephant repellent Clover. It consists of me flapping my arms vigorously, looking like a penguin.
    No elephants around are there?
    You see it works.

Trend on that!

The Ducks just landed another top 300 recruit Tre'Shaun Harrison (ATH.)
    Amazing balance, ball control and speed. He plays just about anywhere he's
    needed. That makes 9 top 300 recruits going to Oregon thus far. Duck's HC
    Willie Taggart is hot.

RX SemiGod
    Conan, I hope your Ducks do well this season.

Kinda unfortunate Washington has put them in the rear view mirror.

Just saying my friend.................

Quote Originally Posted by cloverleaf View Post
    Conan, I hope your Ducks do well this season.
    Kinda unfortunate Washington has put them in the rear view mirror.
    Just saying my friend.................
    Washington's rise was predictable.
    I knew it would happen after they fired Sarkisian and signed Chris Petersen.
    Y'all need to watch out for that guy. Look at what he managed to pull off at
    Boise time and time again. Maybe Taggart will prove to be his nemesis but
    that's a big maybe.

RX SemiGod
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan View Post
    Washington's rise was predictable.
    I knew it would happen after they fired Sarkisian and signed Chris Petersen.
    Y'all need to watch out for that guy. Look at what he managed to pull off at
    Boise time and time again. Maybe Taggart will prove to be his nemesis but
    that's a big maybe.
    plus 1.....reminds me of the good ole days........

RX Member
    Oregon Ducks WR Darren Carrington suspended following DUII arrest.

So much for him finishing his career at Oregon.

RX Junior
    I think the D coordinator they stole from Colorado is the real deal, it will only be a matter of time if they can recruit at the level you talk about.

RX SemiGod
    Quote Originally Posted by Husky Jerk View Post
    I think the D coordinator they stole from Colorado is the real deal, it will only be a matter of time if they can recruit at the level you talk about.
    I agree Husky....Ducks need some studs on defense. Period!

May take a year or two...........