Forum: College Football Forum - Sponsored by:

Thread: What's going on at OREGON?

1. #1 What's going on at OREGON? 
    RX Old-Timer
    One week the new strength coach works out his kids so hard that several have to go to the hospital. A week later, the new co-offensive coordinator gets popped for DUI and is probably going to lose his job. What is happening with program. Several outlets were even reporting that the strength coach did not even have the background and that he's not even registered (with training and certs) with the official NCAA folks that govern athletics and the strength and conditioning programs nationally.

WinOne!!

RX SemiGod
    All of the above compounded by some of the worst weather the Pacific Northwest (State of Oregon) has experienced in 20 years; Excessive snow, freezing rain, ice storms and below average temperatures, all of which lends to a dreary environment that can lead to dinking and other distracting outlets (can a sex scandal be far away). The program has it's work cut out for itself.

Do they not have Uber or Lyft in Eugene? Geezus, with all of that legal weed in Oregon who needs to drink....
    "The older I get the better I was"

RX Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoSooners View Post
    Do they not have Uber or Lyft in Eugene?
    No they don't, Taxi companies have fought tooth and nail to keep them out. Tough to catch a cab on normal day, if it's the weekend or god forbid a gameday you're better off walking or taking Bus cause you will wait hours for one and that's if you can even get them to pick up the phone.

5. #5 consistent key s t rokes 
    I've used Lyft in PDX with some success WinOne

...and for all you hungry tide fans, I congratulate you for seeing Sarkisian his way out the door after just one game.
    Its only a matter of time until he stinks up the place wherever he lands. He is the poster boy for mediocrity in the NFL.
    I was never a great fan of Atlanta pro ball anyway. Nothing gained nothing lost.

But what do you think of Saban's original opinion of him now? Ya think Nick just might have caught a glimpse of the
    truth close up? I surely do and who knows, maybe he does have a little to do with that new "dent" in 'Bama's reputation?
    OK so maybe Saban fucked up (at least a little) when he hired him but he was man enough to own up to it so he didn't
    do what was needed to keep the new OC on the payroll. IMHO Saban is still at the top of the game. Both of his 2 NC game
    losses were to 2

There's hope on the horizon with the news that Oregon's 2017 recruiting class has come in ranked #16 with Scout.

RX SemiGod
    I have a feeling the Oregon football team will show-up for all of their scheduled 2017 games. This year's successful recruiting class will lay the groundwork for a competitive output, especially if they bolstered their defensive ranks which I suspect has been going on for a couple of years now. It will be interesting to see how many of these new recruits will be able to contribute their first year.................Gosh, could their be another Marcus within ?

don't know about any new marcus's

however I have nothing but good thpughts about their new head coach. so far I've heard nothing but good things about him too.

he has a tough attitude but you can tell it's from his heart.

I think the Duck braintrust came up.with a good one.

Also
    The Ducks offense is loaded with talent as expected. Possibly enough to take it all to the house. I just hope that sophomore QB of theirs can show that he learned things over the spring/summer break.

Also
    The Ducks offense is loaded with talent as expected. Possibly enough to take it all to the house. I just hope that sophomore QB of theirs can show that he learned things over the spring/summer break.

RX SemiGod
    Also
    Excuse Conan for not mentioning the sorry ass Duck defense.
    Sorry my friend...offense AIN't the problem.

RX Wizard
    Quote Originally Posted by cloverleaf View Post
    Also
    Excuse Conan for not mentioning the sorry ass Duck defense.
    Sorry my friend...offense AIN't the problem.
    Willie hired an excellent staff. They just need to get some talent/recruit (and Willie can do that - watch the team he left Charlie Strong in tampa this year).