Forum: OFFSHORE FORUM - Online Sportsbetting - Mentioned in NY TIMES, WSJ, USA TODAY, & DRF. The internet's most popular and busiest sports betting forum. The place to discuss all kinds of sports and gambling related subjects.

Thread: Shaq says the World is flat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Shaq says the World is flat 

his reason is hilarious

He needs to have another talk with his mentor Dale Brown.

avoid BetEast at all costs! rolltide's Avatar
    i don't understand the going "up and down at a 360 degree angle" comment. oh wait, i'm trying to make sense of this.... never mind

Has any flat-earther ever given a reason for why "they" lie about the earth being flat? I don't see who gains from the earth being round.

Conservatives, Patriots & Huskies return to glory Willie99's Avatar
    Home of Foxwoods, Mohegan Sun & Looney Libs
    I think it's tongue in cheek, self deprecating humor
    "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter". Winston Churchill "A rising tide raises all boats". JFK

Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-galunga. DNoonan's Avatar
    Haa now that ShaQ is on board I am going to have to take a closer look at this theory

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Toboggan View Post
    Has any flat-earther ever given a reason for why "they" lie about the earth being flat? I don't see who gains from the earth being round.
    yeah but it's a long, convoluted very odd explanation. essentially they are saying that there is a cabal of the super rich, governments, and power brokers that wanted to get people away from religion and, especially, christianity so that they could take your money and enslave the general population. Their logic is that if they held true to the Bible's version of Flat Earth that if would be more difficult for them to get you to work in their factories and willingly hand over tax money. By getting you to believe that you are on a magical spinning globe with only gravity keeping you from getting jettisoned into eternal darkness (won't be lit by the sun anymore) that you are subconsciously more willing to pay for, and accept, concepts like "the cosmos" and "galaxies" while at the same time being robbed to create govt programs for fake rockets under the term, NASA that support those concepts.

Quote Originally Posted by DNoonan View Post
    Haa now that ShaQ is on board I am going to have to take a closer look at this theory
    their explanations/theories take 2hrs to explain (you can find on youtube) and I will admit, they make a few interesting points, in a sci-fi way. But all their points can be dubunked in a 10min or less youtube video lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Mark View Post
    their explanations/theories take 2hrs to explain (you can find on youtube) and I will admit, they make a few interesting points, in a sci-fi way. But all their points can be dubunked in a 10min or less youtube video lol
    Their points can be debunked in 2 seconds of thought. It's kind of like black lives matter IMO. Unhappy and wanting to rebel against the system but doing it through retarded clown bs

Honey Badger Don't Give A Shit barman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rolltide View Post
    yeah but it's a long, convoluted very odd explanation. essentially they are saying that there is a cabal of the super rich, governments, and power brokers that wanted to get people away from religion and, especially, christianity so that they could take your money and enslave the general population. Their logic is that if they held true to the Bible's version of Flat Earth that if would be more difficult for them to get you to work in their factories and willingly hand over tax money. By getting you to believe that you are on a magical spinning globe with only gravity keeping you from getting jettisoned into eternal darkness (won't be lit by the sun anymore) that you are subconsciously more willing to pay for, and accept, concepts like "the cosmos" and "galaxies" while at the same time being robbed to create govt programs for fake rockets under the term, NASA that support those concepts.
    You seem to have spent enough thought on this for both of us. Thanks

I can now better focus on 2017 AL East futures

:-)
    If your mouth gets dry, You Plenty High

I'm not sure where people get the idea that the Bible teaches a flat earth. There is no such teaching in the Bible... nothing even close.

People in the past claimed that the Bible taught geocentrism, but that is quite a stretch as well.

Quote Originally Posted by barman View Post
    You seem to have spent enough thought on this for both of us. Thanks

I can now better focus on 2017 AL East futures

:-)

How are my Red Sox looking? I haven't been following pre-season very closely...

Quote Originally Posted by festeringZit View Post
    I'm not sure where people get the idea that the Bible teaches a flat earth. There is no such teaching in the Bible... nothing even close.

People in the past claimed that the Bible taught geocentrism, but that is quite a stretch as well.
    appears regularly in the bible that the Earth is flat, fixed, immovable object https://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/febible.htm or http://reflectionofmind.org/60-bible...h-inside-dome/

there are also passages about how Jesus was taken to the top of a mountain where he could see all the Kingdoms on earth which assumes a Flat Earth

Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-galunga. DNoonan's Avatar
    Seems to me like someone would have reached the edge by now if it was flat?

appears regularly in the bible that the Earth is flat, fixed, immovable object https://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/febible.htm or http://reflectionofmind.org/60-bible...h-inside-dome/

there are also passages about how Jesus was taken to the top of a mountain where he could see all the Kingdoms on earth which assumes a Flat Earth
    Nothing in that article shows any Bible verses that say the earth is flat.

I think the quran states the earth is flat, which is probably why these "flat earth" peeps are becoming more common.

Shaq don't believe that. He is very intelligent
    2017 Super Bowl Champs

This is even more ridiculous then believing the earth is flat
    2017 Super Bowl Champs

Quote Originally Posted by DNoonan View Post
    Seems to me like someone would have reached the edge by now if it was flat?
    Sharp

Wonder what their answer is to this.

Is it like the Truman Show, where you would just bump into a wall?

Quote Originally Posted by festeringZit View Post
    Nothing in that article shows any Bible verses that say the earth is flat.

Except among Biblical inerrantists, it is generally agreed that the Bible describes an immovable earth. At the 1984 National Bible-Science Conference in Cleveland, geocentrist James N. Hanson told me there are hundreds of scriptures that suggest the earth is immovable. I suspect some must be a bit vague, but here are a few obvious texts:
    1 Chronicles 16:30: “He has fixed the earth firm, immovable.”
    Psalm 93:1: “Thou hast fixed the earth immovable and firm ...”
    Psalm 96:10: “He has fixed the earth firm, immovable ...”
    Psalm 104:5: “Thou didst fix the earth on its foundation so that it never can be shaken.”
    Isaiah 45:18: “...who made the earth and fashioned it, and himself fixed it fast...”

LOL rolltide

But I am missing where this "flatness" is stated.... it doesn't even seem implied in those verses. Those verses could also fit for a circle (of course) a block or cube, with edges and really any shape besides flat.
    I googled Bible flat earth, but all verses/claims are way too vague to have any legit arguments. The versus about the earth being not flat are more easily implied.

Isaiah 40:22
    It is he who sits above the circle of the earth, and its inhabitants are like grasshoppers; who stretches out the heavens like a curtain, and spreads them like a tent to dwell in.

Job 26:7
    He spreads out the northern skies over empty space; he suspends the earth over nothing.

Except among Biblical inerrantists, it is generally agreed that the Bible describes an immovable earth. At the 1984 National Bible-Science Conference in Cleveland, geocentrist James N. Hanson told me there are hundreds of scriptures that suggest the earth is immovable. I suspect some must be a bit vague, but here are a few obvious texts:
    1 Chronicles 16:30: “He has fixed the earth firm, immovable.”
    Psalm 93:1: “Thou hast fixed the earth immovable and firm ...”
    Psalm 96:10: “He has fixed the earth firm, immovable ...”
    Psalm 104:5: “Thou didst fix the earth on its foundation so that it never can be shaken.”
    Isaiah 45:18: “...who made the earth and fashioned it, and himself fixed it fast...”
    Um, which is what I said earlier in the thread, that the writers of the Bible were geocentrists. They thought the earth was the center of the universe. That was the prevailing scientific thought of the time.

RX Wizard
    Quote Originally Posted by CHOPTALK View Post
    Shaq don't believe that. He is very intelligent
    Bwaahahaha

Anyone who has gone airborne on parking lot speed bumps will tell you, the earth isn't nearly flat enough...
    "I'm not a Republican, but I'm saving up to be one"