what is your opinion on marijuana stocks?

Search

gotta hunch bet a bunch if hunch is wrong bunch is
Tokens
I believe marijuana stocks could create large gains as the country keeps legalizing. What are your thoughts on this and what stocks in particular do you like?

Tokens
I don't have time for a long harangue here, BUT if you're not putting money is certain "Pot" stocks, you have no business investing. Pot is gonna make the Smart phone very small in the next 10+ years. I'll give everyone here a free tip, not that I ever charged a penny for tips, but April 20th is a pretty good date, look it up and if ya have questions, throw them out there.

~T~

Tokens
I don't have time for a long harangue here, BUT if you're not putting money is certain "Pot" stocks, you have no business investing. Pot is gonna make the Smart phone very small in the next 10+ years. I'll give everyone here a free tip, not that I ever charged a penny for tips, but April 20th is a pretty good date, look it up and if ya have questions, throw them out there.

~T~

Ok ok...so what are the stocks to buy?

Tokens
Ok ok...so what are the stocks to buy?

I got several of our "brethren" from the gambling forums into Cara Therapeutics and stock has performed nicely since we all bought in. It's hovering around 18.50 or more of late, but imo, still a good play, they have some really good clinical trials in play and a good result from any one of the 8 trials will rocket the stock, two good trial results and I personally make a damn killing as I've got 10K shares (I'm in at around 15.25 avg.). On the 20th of this month, Canada votes on making weed recreational for the whole damn country, and it's widely held that it will go down. There are three Canadian weed companies well positioned to take advantage of such a move by Parliament: Canopy Growth (TWMJF), Aphria (APHQF), and Aurora Cannabis (ACBFF). These three have been quite volatile the past week, so I'm sitting back and watching as I've now got 7K shares in each. Everything goes as expected, and haven't heard one pundit yet that says it'll sink rather than float, these guys are gonna fly.

~T~

Tokens
Thanks T

Tokens
I have nothing to gain, reap, sow (????, just sounded good IMEM) or whatever, but I'll mention this. I upped my holdings in CARA by 5K shares, bought them at 14.50/share. Increased Aphria (APHQF) by 3K shares @ 4.48/share and Aurora Cannabis (ACBFF) by same number, 1.93/share. I now have a 15K share position in CARA, and 10K share in each Aphria and Aurora. I maintained my position in Canopy at 7K shares, will not increase that until I see a quarterly profit, presumably next quarter report. Anyone got any questions, I've been living, breathing and eating this sector the entire year so far, so I'm fairly in tune with what's going on.

~T~

Tokens
Interesting structure for this one . I have been accumulating

Cannabis Wheaton Income Corp CBW on the Venture in Canada, KWFLF OTC in the US

They have a streaming model similar to silver Wheaton

Cannabis Wheaton Income Corp is an investment company that seeks to provide investor returns through streams and capital appreciation, in the Canadian cannabis industry."

Tokens

"Cannabis Wheaton Income Corp is an investment company that seeks to provide investor returns through streams and capital appreciation, in the Canadian cannabis industry

Tokens

"Cannabis Wheaton Income Corp is an investment company that seeks to provide investor returns through streams and capital appreciation, in the Canadian cannabis industry

Obviously this is not a trade, only for long term investors http://cannabiswheaton.co/

Tokens
IMHO, investing heavily in smart cannabis-related businesses is a great long term move but here in the USA it would seem we still have at least a few more years of significant federal opposition especially as long as Trump allows Sessions to run the DOJ.

It's not so much a risk of arrests etc as it is the refusal of Congress to permit banks and other federally insured institutions to handle cannabis-related monies.

Now I personally feel donnie has a snowball's chance in Hell of being reelected and may even not serve his first term in full. But I have been wrong about trump several times already so Caveat Emptor and remember to Always Protect Your (investing) Unit

Tokens
IMHO, investing heavily in smart cannabis-related businesses is a great long term move but here in the USA it would seem we still have at least a few more years of significant federal opposition especially as long as Trump allows Sessions to run the DOJ.

It's not so much a risk of arrests etc as it is the refusal of Congress to permit banks and other federally insured institutions to handle cannabis-related monies.

Now I personally feel donnie has a snowball's chance in Hell of being reelected and may even not serve his first term in full. But I have been wrong about trump several times already so Caveat Emptor and remember to Always Protect Your (investing) Unit

YEAH, wait until Jeffery testifies. LMAO all the way to the damn bank AND back.

~T~

Tokens
You men take a look at what CARA did this past week, I've got 15K shares and laughing something beyond stupid. Back to Canada. It's gonna go down, no way it doesn't. Predicting a time frame is like hunting a cheetah, good luck with that. I think a whole lot about the plays I make, and right now, I'm thinking with oil depressed as it is, that just might provide the "kick in the ass" that the Canadians need. I'll be watching Trudeau's comments for the upcoming weeks, but lost revenue on oil taxes might be the spark. There's a whole bunch up there ramping up, and that's what has grabbed my attention.

~T~

Tokens

Tokens

Hopefully it works out well for you. I looked at the link attached and one of their products is a metal halide light for growing (nothing new and exciting about that). Hate to say this but that is kind of like 8 tracks for the music industry. A bigger trend is LED for growing plants. They use less energy and can be designed to give different plants different wavelength colors in the light spectrum by doing this it increases productivity and reduces energy costs. Also metal halides degrade fairly rapidly and turning them on and off also reduces their life span. LED's have none of these issues. LED's is the way major players are going in the greenhouse's for all of their plants.

I have someone I know that sells LED's for greenhouse applications. Right now they are expensive.....but increase in production easily pays for the investment. Plus the LED's will last about 5 times as long as a metal halide.

Tokens
Hopefully it works out well for you. I looked at the link attached and one of their products is a metal halide light for growing (nothing new and exciting about that). Hate to say this but that is kind of like 8 tracks for the music industry. A bigger trend is LED for growing plants. They use less energy and can be designed to give different plants different wavelength colors in the light spectrum by doing this it increases productivity and reduces energy costs. Also metal halides degrade fairly rapidly and turning them on and off also reduces their life span. LED's have none of these issues. LED's is the way major players are going in the greenhouse's for all of their plants.

I have someone I know that sells LED's for greenhouse applications. Right now they are expensive.....but increase in production easily pays for the investment. Plus the LED's will last about 5 times as long as a metal halide.

Appreciate the insite and honest feedback

This company has great managment, attracted industry experts , has access to capital, and will be looking to do acquisitions .

2-3 years from now their product mix could be very different

Tokens
Here's one I picked up on a week ago....MYMMF, MYM Nutriceuticals, name sounds about as bogus as bogus gets, but these guys are making some serious investment in becoming a large weed player. First story I read was 1.5 million square feet of growing capacity. Men, none of my holdings have that much space. Then they buy some popular CBD trademark and I think, not sure, their holdings. Story a little fuzzy to me, need to dig in deeper, but the growing capacity is what caught my attention. Canopy is Canada's largest med weed supplier and they're at around 1 million sq.ft. Anyway, bought 5K shares of these guys thinking if I can get out at say, $5, what the hell.

~T~

Tokens
Appreciate the insite and honest feedback

This company has great managment, attracted industry experts , has access to capital, and will be looking to do acquisitions .

2-3 years from now their product mix could be very different

Invest in Cannabis - Without Investing in Cannabis

Scott’s Miracle Gro has been investing heavily in their hydroponics business, clearly to tap into the cannabis space.
Similar providers are benefitting from the growing industry, without the direct risk of handling cannabis products.
Solis Tek is one of these, with a stable business that has been overlooked by the markets despite increasing sales and a history of profitability.

Scott's Miracle-Gro Company (NYSE:SMG) isn't the most exciting investment story, but it's been a major winner for investors who caught on two years ago when the stock was below $60. The stock recently peaked at $100. For a $5 billion retail company, that's not bad at all.

What's to notice about this fertilizer player?

SMG, one of the most respected fertilizer and gardening product providers in the U.S., is investing in the future of cannabis.

But SMG is taking a low-risk approach. Scott’s has instead been investing heavily in their "Hawthorne Gardening" subsidiary, which focuses exclusively on hydroponic gardening products – this is the rock bed of the cannabis growing industry.

To be precise, SMG has poured upwards of $500 million into Hawthorne since its inception in 2014. Five of their last six acquisitions have been companies in the hydroponics vertical; in growing mediums, nutrients, lighting, and systems.

The goal, of course, is to position for a strong hydroponics push, both retail and enterprise-facing. The company clearly believes Hawthorne will be a key long-term component of its business. Scott's is simply buying potential growth, and already Hawthorne makes up 13% of its top line $2.8 billion topline.

That should be no surprise to anyone following the burgeoning cannabis industry in North America. Seven of 50 states have now legalized recreational cannabis, and 29 have or soon will legalize cannabis in some form, primarily for medicinal use. Legal cannabis was a $7 billion industry in 2016 in the United States, according to New Frontier Data, of which over half ($4.7 billion) came from medical cannabis sales.

Shockingly, illicit cannabis sales in the U.S. were estimated at $46 billion last year. The market for cannabis already exists, it’s just coming out the shadows. New Frontier estimate that legal sales will jump to $24 billion by 2020.

But it's still a contentious product, with the federal government maintaining that cannabis is a controlled substance. While the Obama administration turned a blind eye to cannabis’ legal status in some states, new Attorney General Jeff Sessions has hinted at a crack-down on pot. Sessions famously quipped that he thought the Ku Klux Klan “was okay until I found out they smoked pot,” according to the New York Times.

It's an exciting space to invest, though it's clearly not risk-free with the federal government still looming. Wisely, SMG avoids handling the substance entirely, instead focusing on the low-risk opportunity to simply supply the booming hydroponics industry.

Don't Sell Pot, Sell Shovels

There are obvious similarities between today's proliferation of "pot stocks" and the California Gold Rush of 1849. Not every prospector will make it. But the companies supplying those prospectors? That was where the smart money went in 1849 – the same is true today. Following the big money, like SMG, it’s clear why they’re investing heavily in the ability to "sell shovels" to cannabis handlers. SMG’s Hawthorne subsidiary accounted for about 13% of net sales last year (up from 11% in 2015), or $365 million. That was Hawthorne’s second full year in business.

Solis-Tek (OTCMKTS:SLTK) takes the same approach. The company is a manufacturer of digital lighting equipment (called “grow lights”) for the hydroponics industry. Solis-Tek is one of these custom light providers, producing ballasts, LED lights, reflectors, and HID lights, with some of the most respected custom products on the market; Dope Magazine dubbed Solis-Tek 2016’s “Best Lighting Company.”

It may not sound as sexy as medicinal pot growing companies, but the market potential, and Solis Tek’s current growth and financials, are. That’s the point –Solis Tek reduces risk by “selling shovels”, not prospecting for gold like their growing and handling counterparts Aurora Cannabis (OTCMKTS:ACBFF) or Medical Marijuana, Inc. (OTCMKTS:MJNA), for instance.

Solis Tek brought in $8.564 million in sales last year, up from 2015 by 11%, and gross profit of $3.124 million. The company was actually profitable in the first quarter of 2016 – impressive for a company of its size and age - and over the last six months has been expanding the top line while tightening up product costs, a recipe for success as margins improve.

newreply.php

But it’s the quarterly numbers that tell the real story over the last few months as sales have begun to ramp.

First quarter 2017 sales climbed by almost 80% from the middle of last year, to $2.9 million, and the company is reducing the costs of its goods sold: gross margins improved from 34% to 38%.
newreply.php

Annualized, Solis-Tek is looking at a run rate of about $12 million based on first quarter sales, which would represent a 50% increase over 2016.

Most importantly, Solis-Tek’s revenue is making its way to the bottom line – or can be in short order. The company was profitable in the first quarter of 2016 and short of profitability by just $35K in the second quarter of last year. Excluding share-based compensation expenses (a non-cash charge) and amortization in the first quarter of 2017, the company was just $20K shy of positive earnings, on $2.9 million in revenue.

It’s simply a matter of flipping the right switch.

Although the company has said little about this push, Solis-Tek is also moving horizontally to begin selling its own line of nutrient products to its hydroponics customers, much like SMG’s historical garden-care business. This is an appealing vertical due to attractive margins historically on similar products. Solis-Tek commenced test marketing “Terpenez” late last year, which is a proprietary product designed to assist plants with oil and resin production. Early results should trickle in this year, an attractive opportunity as the industry expands. It’s already available through Wal-Mart Stores (NYSE:WMT) and Amazon(NASDAQ:AMZN).

Clean capital structures aren’t easy to come by among small-cap stocks, but SLTK management have done a quality job of keeping things squeaky clean, with 36 million common shares outstanding and no warrants or preferred equity weighing on the stock.

Comparing to Peers Makes For a Very Compelling Long Case

Capitalizing on this same smart-money trend, KushBottles (OTCQB:KSHB) likewise avoids the risk of directly handling cannabis products and instead supplies packaging solutions for the cannabis industry. Their income statement is remarkably similar to Solis-Tek: $8.2 million in fiscal 2016 revenue, with gross profit of $2.7 million for the year.

As a $110 million company, KSHB trades at 13 times last year’s revenue.

At $60 million, SLTK trades at just 7x last year’s revenue.

What Kush has done quite well in the past year is tuck-in acquisitions that bring with them incremental revenue streams and diversification. On May 4, the company announced the $1.5 million acquisition of CMP Wellness, a distributor of vaporizers and accessories that did $4.4 million in revenue in the last 6 month. Days later, they tucked in the webstore Roll-Uh-Bowl.com for undisclosed financial terms.

Kush clinched their CMP acquisition with a unique combination of $1.5 million in cash and 7 million shares in stock. Smaller private players are willing to sell, and at attractive terms for their larger, public counterparts. A similar low-cost roll-up strategy from Solis Tek could be nicely rewarded.

Most importantly, annualizing Solis Tek’s $2.9 million first quarter run rate is potentially $12 million yearly.

The market is meaningfully mispricing Solis-Tek compared to its closest comparator in the space, and a re-pricing higher in 2017 to match KSHB could be good for a tripling, or better, of the stock.

While most traders won’t look beyond the glitz of medicinal or recreational cannabis growers and distributors, there’s big opportunity for those willing to examine those peripheral systems suppliers. At some point in every gold rush, the shovel salespeople start making money – whether the diggers do or not.

Kind Regards

John Gildea
+353 (0)86 8238177

Tokens

Independent Lab Results Report Solis Tek's New Terpene Enhancer, Terpenez(TM), Is Free of All Heavy Metals

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]By Marketwired, July 19, 2017, 08:30:00 AM EDT[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]Vote up
AAA
[/FONT]

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal][/FONT][FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]

CARSON, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 07/19/17 -- Solis Tek, Inc. (OTCQB:SLTK), announced today that controlled third-party independent testing efforts have yielded results reflecting no heavy metals in Terpenez™, the company's new terpene profile enhancer.
Terpenez, the first product in the company's expansion into the approximately $32 Billion nutrient/additive sector, leads a new class of horticultural products aimed at enhancing the cannabis aromatic experience and intensity. Terpenez does not contain cannabis derived terpenes within; instead it is made from the finest natural components available and is specifically formulated to assist the cannabis plant with processes associated with oil and resin production and is intended to naturally enhance the cannabis plant's terpene profile. Terpenez formula provides essential oil-bearing plants with both precursors (i.e. metabolic building blocks, trace elements, etc.) and readily available bio-identical plant compounds which aim to increase overall essential oil production and intensity.
"Terpenez is a true breakthrough in its formulation of botanical derivatives and essential oils and the way it delivers the contents," said Dennis G. Forchic, Chief Executive Officer of Solis Tek. "We have been testing the product with our cultivating customers and they have never had such strong results with a fully plant derived 0-0-0 (Nitrogen, Phosphate, and Potassium free) product."
The laboratory analysis of Terpenez was conducted by A & L Western Agricultural Laboratories, Inc., an independent bioanalytical testing and research laboratory providing services to the agriculture industry. The focus of the analysis was to ensure product safety and efficacy. The laboratory analysis determined the level of heavy metals in Terpenez to be below the EPA's detection limit (BDL). The heavy metals tested include arsenic, cadmium, cobalt, lead, molybdenum, nickel, selenium, zinc, mercury, copper and chromium. Unlike previous industry efforts to increase the aromatic experience and volatile oils that may have resulted in heavy metal transference into the flower, the A & L Western Agricultural Laboratories testing confirms that with no heavy metals, Terpenez will not pose those risks.
Mr. Forchic continued, "The testing results confirmed the absence of heavy metals thus making it safe for all agriculture uses. Terpenez was developed to provide cannabis growers with a product which uses natural ingredients to help growers not only increase yield and terpene profiles, but ultimately grow healthier plants."
"We have used Terpenez to increase the value of our cannabis crop through the intensification of oil production, which has resulted in a significant improvement in flavor and aroma," said Kevin Kuethe of GB Sciences, Inc. "We have been a Solis Tek lighting customer for years and added the Terpenez product to our grow process because we always recognized their focus on innovation specific to cannabis."
To be added to the Solis Tek, Inc. email distribution list, please email SLTK@kcsa.com with 'SLTK' in the subject line.
About Solis Tek

Solis Tek is a vertically integrated technology innovator, developer, manufacturer and distributor focused on bringing products and solutions to commercial cannabis growers in both the medical and recreational space in legal markets across the U.S. For nearly a decade, growers have used Solis Tek's lighting solutions to increase yield, lower costs and grow better to maximize their return on investment. The Company's customers include retail stores, distributors and commercial growers in the United States and abroad. For more information, please visit our website, www.solis-tek.com.
[/FONT]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billcunninghamhomeloans
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com