Forum: College Basketball Forum - Post your picks and discuss anything related to betting College Hoops here.

Thread: zebras brought their "A" game today

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Conservatives, Patriots & Huskies return to glory Willie99's Avatar
    Home of Foxwoods, Mohegan Sun & Looney Libs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobdeeper7239 View Post
    What's amazing is they said absolutely nothing about Meeks being out of bounds there. They were clowning the refs the entire 2h...but none of them said a word when Meeks was out
    still haven't
    "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter". Winston Churchill "A rising tide raises all boats". JFK

It's so obvious.

They used to show replays of critical fouls.

Then they switched to only showing the worst possible replay angle, maybe one time.

Now, they don't even bother to show replays of fouls about 95% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Willie99 View Post
    I agree, but the player they fucked the most tonight was the Zags' Collins.

Collins was the best player on the court tonight, 9 points & 7 boards & 3 blocks in very limited minutes. 4 of 6 from the field

He was scoring, he was literally taken out of the game. The zebras just walked him to the bench and told him "sit down, you can't play anymore"

they finally posted the minutes in the box score

14 minutes, he was by far the best player on the court (tonight) in those 14 minutes
    "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter". Winston Churchill "A rising tide raises all boats". JFK

Quote Originally Posted by Enfuego View Post
    Just stop dude. There was no fix just shitty referring.
    lol what? Clearly was fixed. Fixed doesn't necessarily mean they wanted one team to win, but to manipulate it to ENSURE a closer finish is what happened.

Not only was there 12 fouls called in the first 5 minutes of the 2nd half to make sure they could put Zaga or UNC at the line at ANY time if a team took more than a 5-6 pt lead. But, the first 13 fouls called was 7/6. How is it that each team fouls so equally? That is manipulation. Not sure of the reasons or if there is a small school theory or what. Butler lost twice. But, I do know that that game was 100% manipulated by the refs. It is so so so so difficult to do what those refs just did. To have to call the game with that mindset. That is why these refs all suck because they know in the back of their mind....ratings ratings. And these are college refs. Not good enough for the pros. The pro nba refs are literally a million times better just like NFL/college football. The difference is monumental, so to be given that responsibility that the NBA has....is very very hard. To be real about it. Most people hate hearing the term fixed so I get that.

RX Junior
    yes he was------everyone else looked so nervous

RX Member
    now they called a flagrant 1, the most bullshit flagrant 1 EVER
    Yeah, right. That was flagrant? but trying to blind Karnowski 2 days ago was not even a foul? I don't even know what the rules of this game are anymore.

RX Member
    I remarked about that too. I wanted to see the fouls replayed, but no dice.

^ Meeks holding the ball with hand out of bounds as ref stares on ready to call a foul on Gonzaga.

RX Senior
    I agree, but the player they fucked the most tonight was the Zags' Collins.

Collins was the best player on the court tonight, 9 points & 7 boards & 3 blocks in very limited minutes. 4 of 6 from the field

He was scoring, he was literally taken out of the game. The zebras just walked him to the bench and told him "sit down, you can't play anymore"
    Unreal. Knew they would fuck that kid again.

RX Senior
    Recorded the game and watched this morning-what an Ugly game. It was all the refs-didn't allow any flow to the game
    horrible FT shooting on both sides also...Zags still had a chance until the kid sprained his ankle
    disappointing Game to end the season

Quote Originally Posted by dtmad View Post
    Yeah, right. That was flagrant? but trying to blind Karnowski 2 days ago was not even a foul? I don't even know what the rules of this game are anymore.
    That wasn't a foul either, sorry. And, if they broke down and called it one, it damn sure wasn't anywhere near a flagrant.

Quote Originally Posted by Acebb View Post

^ Meeks holding the ball with hand out of bounds as ref stares on ready to call a foul on Gonzaga.
    Pathetic

RX Wizard
    Wow, where do I start:

- Collins has been great, refs took him out of the game. I was waiting on a replay on #5 to see how much of a bullshit call it was. Never showed one. Really? The best player on the court, saddled with foul trouble all game, and you don't show the play that ends his night??
    - Meeks clearly OB, right in front of the ref. No call.
    - Great point by Mob regarding fouls and putting whoever they want at the line.
    - Flagrant foul? Ridiculous.

I could go on, but everyone here has rehashed all of the lunacy.

Last thing......these pricks get a real hard on when they get to walk over to the announcers desk and explain the flagrant foul calls. These assholes know damn well they are on tv, and give it the full treatment. They take all fucking day to explain, complete with hand gestures, as the announcing crew stares and nods.

Mob is 1000% right, the talent level is light years behind pro refs. I would take the worst NBA referees, pay them, and have them do the Final 4. Those clowns really jacked up that game last night.

RX Member
    Just Sad, ruining the game of basketball

Quote Originally Posted by Acebb View Post

Feel free to show the replay of Pinson not touching the ball but the refs giving it back to Gonzaga. They only hit a 3 after that.

The refs sucked both ways.

I know of a ref who is in the nba now in his second or third year. Dude is very very legit. He had the Minnesota make up game last night. I know for a fact this guy is on his way to being one of the best nba refs for the next 20-30 years. Just his demeanor out there is amazing.

He is light years better than the 3 refs last night and he is in his mid 20's. But the thing is balancing the ratings and ensuring a good game is very hard to do IF you can't referee in your sleep. Nba refs most of them can ref in their sleep, meaning they can juggle so much at once.

I have watched that white ref in the ncaa game last night a handful of times throughout the regular season and he has never been that bad. I'm telling you it is the extra juggling of knowing you have to manipulate the game to give a chance at wild finishes. Because they were bad all tournament long.. but regular reason mysteriously they were fine from what I watched.

Quick story about this ref.... before he got to the nba he had a private school city championship game in the DC area. I forget the schools but I know one of the teams was #1 ranked St johns high school. It was a packed gym and a tie game with 6 seconds and Petraitis calls a foul as the ball was being brought up court against st johns while Petraitis was about 40-50 feet away from the play. You can't make that call. Especially in a game like this. Upset in the making, crowd is going nuts. Other team goes up 2 with 3 seconds left St johns inbounds the ball and puts up a 70 footer all net at the buzzer.

The kid was born to ref. Has shit like that happen to him... I will start to become more suspicious about Adam silver and the nba if he doesn't get a finals game or a conference final game in the next year or two. Maybe they think he can't juggle it. But they will put him with a scott foster or someone they can trust. All sports are rigged and manipulated. It is just some refs are way better at juggling it than others. But that's also why college refs are not nba refs.

But the difference is the mistakes you make when the ratings don't matter are actually honest mistakes. But when those ratings or whatever other influences matter, the mistakes are sometimes not always honest.

Banned
    Who cares

Quote Originally Posted by Dixon View Post
    Who cares
    4 of your 6 posts have been directed at me. Fuck is your problem? Another worthless fuck looking for handouts. Sorry faggot. I educate. I don't always have plays to share. You can learn though

Banned
    4 of your 6 posts have been directed at me. Fuck is your problem? Another worthless fuck looking for handouts. Sorry faggot. I educate. I don't always have plays to share. You can learn though
    Yes, heard I might get picks from you. Not looking for handouts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dixon View Post
    Yes, heard I might get picks from you. Not looking for handouts.
    Bro, there are many many cappers here to follow. Or just post your thoughts and opinions. That is what this forum is for. But please quit following me around. I don't owe you anything.

Banned
    Bro, there are many many cappers here to follow. Or just post your thoughts and opinions. That is what this forum is for. But please quit following me around. I don't owe you anything.
    OK. You're just a scrawny little white dude anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by RangeRover View Post
    Feel free to show the replay of Pinson not touching the ball but the refs giving it back to Gonzaga. They only hit a 3 after that.

The refs sucked both ways.
    hit his hand after the shot, Berry was shooting three frees on those plays

even better than getting the ball

and the best player on the court that night was limited to 14 minutes because of a bunch of horseshit calls

at the end of the day, you just can't miss that out of bounds call, you just can't, unless you really are blind