Forum: College Basketball Forum - Post your picks and discuss anything related to betting College Hoops here.

Thread: Terrible Game

1. #1 Terrible Game 
    RX Junior
    It will probably be a good finish ,,,,,, BUT this game is hard to watch..............The refs have been awful and the players haven't been much better.............How many point blank shots could both teams miss ????????

RX Junior
    Jackson has been so bad for Nc.................he has 3 minutes for redemption............

RX Senior
    Total shitfest

Conservatives, Patriots & Huskies return to glory Willie99's Avatar
    Home of Foxwoods, Mohegan Sun & Looney Libs
    fugly, in every aspect

missing wide open threes, missing layups, missing free throws, and then you have the refs that just fucked the game up
    "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter". Winston Churchill "A rising tide raises all boats". JFK

RX Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie99 View Post
    fugly, in every aspect

missing wide open threes, missing layups, missing free throws, and then you have the refs that just fucked the game up
    Saturday was great Willie------------But tonight was as bad as i have ever seen......It had alot to do with the refs.................But the players were so bad...............It really was hard to watch..................

RX Junior
    I actually like low scoring games at times , But this had nothing to do with D ----------Just so many wide open shots that were blown....And the free throws were ugly !

Agreed. Shooting was horrible by both teams.

Sure 1st half was bad, but hoops is a rhythm game! U call 65 fouls, 1 every 12 seconds, players cant get a rhytym. Nothing surprising about the crap shooting in 2nd hf.

Quote Originally Posted by GoCoogs View Post
    Agreed. Shooting was horrible by both teams.
    I had UNC and was loving the fact Zaga's coach had Mathews on the bench late. But didn't understand that one at all.

RX Senior
    Wouldn't say the refs were bad all the fouls called were actual fouls. And I thought there were some plays that could've been called fouls that weren't called.

It was just a tough physical game. Wasn't like both teams were getting much open looks either, lots of dribbling around the perimeter and then Forcing up late shots. Defense wins championships

RX Member
    I agree with all you guys. Between group bets on parlays we built from day one in the tournament, parlays, and straight I won almost $1,500 but I honestly feel like there was no right side or deserved to win. It was a total shitshow on both sides. Just shows you on the biggest stage these are just young kids trying to play a game and nerves are a big point in the game.

RX Member
    Quote Originally Posted by the1yankee View Post
    Sure 1st half was bad, but hoops is a rhythm game! U call 65 fouls, 1 every 12 seconds, players cant get a rhytym. Nothing surprising about the crap shooting in 2nd hf.
    65 fouls = 1 every 12 seconds?

I was listening on radio to a national broadcast and the announcers stated twice that replay showed at least two phantom fouls that were called. Calling every touch and bump is just silly. Slows the game and throws of the rhythm.

RX Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by trixxonu View Post
    Wouldn't say the refs were bad all the fouls called were actual fouls. And I thought there were some plays that could've been called fouls that weren't called.

It was just a tough physical game. Wasn't like both teams were getting much open looks either, lots of dribbling around the perimeter and then Forcing up late shots. Defense wins championships
    They could have called more fouls ??? No open looks ??? Did you notice how many open shots from 10 feet in where missed ????? The only way i could see you defending the refs is -----If you had a family member or close friend had a whistle last night !