Forum: College Basketball Forum - Post your picks and discuss anything related to betting College Hoops here.

Thread: Tournament Officiating

1. #1 Tournament Officiating 
    RX Member
    Every year I become more and more frustrated with the officials. It has come to the point where there is a foul on every single possession. Last nights game was a prime example. I felt like they completely ruined the game. Neither team was able to get into any rhythm as dead balls were going every 20-30 seconds. Finally in the last 5 minutes, they let them play a little. It truly felt like no one won that game. You were never able to tell who the better team was because of the constant whistles. There is no edge in betting the tournament anymore. No skill whatsoever. A team up 20 at half will blow it away as the refs try to tighten it up as much as possible. Always comes down to who makes more foul shots in the final minute. Its truly sad cuz I don't think it's going to get any better.

Conservatives, Patriots & Huskies return to glory Willie99's Avatar
    Home of Foxwoods, Mohegan Sun & Looney Libs
    they were awful, and with 10 minutes left I thought about buying out of my bet

but I wagered so little, I didn't bother

If I had a significant wager on the game, I would have bailed when it was tied sometime late in the game

that game was nothing about talent or capping, everything about simply surviving the ordeal
    "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter". Winston Churchill "A rising tide raises all boats". JFK

RX Senior
    The most talented team won anyways! Officials were terrible both ways and awful all season

Quote Originally Posted by bones1980 View Post
    The most talented team won anyways! Officials were terrible both ways and awful all season
    The most talented team lost the game due the officials. The best player on the floor fouled out due to mostly bogus calls.
    Boise State Broncos: 2 Time Uncrowned National Champions!

RX Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EveryGamblersDream View Post
    The most talented team lost the game due the officials. The best player on the floor fouled out due to mostly bogus calls.
    Couldn't agree more with this. Zags losing Collins was massive. But they were just AWFUL both ways. What can be done about this nickel-dime foul bs? It is ruining the game