Forum: Hockey Forum - Sponsored by: bet365.com
Post your picks and discuss anything related to betting hockey here.

Thread: NHL play offs

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. #101  
    RX Wizard
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vegas / Chicago
    Posts
    5,137
    Josh Getzoff‏ Verified account @PensJG 4 minutes ago


    Nick Bonino and Kris Letang are taking in #Pens practice from the bench
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #102  
    Dice, Sports & Cocktails powerz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    The North Shore
    Posts
    10,960
    You know SBD I don't think I have picked a Nashville game right yet. The Eye ball test says Preds.....if either of those players come back they will need a few games to catch up by then it maybe too late...

    Nashville has adjusted well to playing g without Johanson....
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #103  
    RX Wizard
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vegas / Chicago
    Posts
    5,137
    Quote Originally Posted by powerz View Post
    You know SBD I don't think I have picked a Nashville game right yet. The Eye ball test says Preds.....if either of those players come back they will need a few games to catch up by then it maybe too late...

    Nashville has adjusted well to playing g without Johanson....
    yeah I am just following you on the playoffs and if nothing, I've been betting Nashville myself. Outplayed Pitt almost this entire series and yet 2-2. Very frustrating but hopefully the breaks align as the series progresses
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #104  
    RX Senior AlistairCookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Xandria
    Posts
    2,147
    SBD - Pitt has been "outplayed" in just about every game of the playoffs so far. But who knows how this series turns out if Nashville doesn't have that goal taken away in P1G1
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #105  
    RX Wizard
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vegas / Chicago
    Posts
    5,137
    Quote Originally Posted by ShortBusDriver7 View Post
    Josh Getzoff‏ Verified account @PensJG 4 minutes ago


    Nick Bonino and Kris Letang are taking in #Pens practice from the bench
    Dan Rosen ‏Verified account @drosennhl 9m9 minutes ago


    Mike Sullivan says Nick Bonino is a gametime decision but he didn't skate this morning and he also didn't practice yesterday.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #106  
    Dice, Sports & Cocktails powerz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    The North Shore
    Posts
    10,960
    Good discussion here guys thanks for the input

    The Line movement is this game -160 (pinny) HF Up 15pts or more is 6-6 in the PO's and the Public at 53% HF ML up 15pts is 13-11..... Clearly the value lies with the Preds @+140 in a pickem game.

    Been seeing alot of "home ice advantage in the Finals" on sports tickers & Article headlines etc.....I think the trend is broken tonight and the Preds wrap it up at home on SUNDAY.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #107  
    RX Wizard
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vegas / Chicago
    Posts
    5,137
    Nick Bonino is out
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #108  
    Don't jinx me Mobdeeper7239's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    15,538
    Quote Originally Posted by powerz View Post
    Good discussion here guys thanks for the input

    The Line movement is this game -160 (pinny) HF Up 15pts or more is 6-6 in the PO's and the Public at 53% HF ML up 15pts is 13-11..... Clearly the value lies with the Preds @+140 in a pickem game.

    Been seeing alot of "home ice advantage in the Finals" on sports tickers & Article headlines etc.....I think the trend is broken tonight and the Preds wrap it up at home on SUNDAY.
    Agree. I said pitt in 6 before the series. Got to stick with it now. I'll be on pitt to end it Sunday.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #109  
    RX Wizard
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vegas / Chicago
    Posts
    5,137
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobdeeper7239 View Post
    Agree. I said pitt in 6 before the series. Got to stick with it now. I'll be on pitt to end it Sunday.
    How are you agreeing at all
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #110  
    Don't jinx me Mobdeeper7239's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    15,538
    Quote Originally Posted by ShortBusDriver7 View Post
    How are you agreeing at all
    Sorry I didn't bold what I responded to. But the part about seeing a lot of home ice advantage part is what I was agreeing to. I think this series ends in favor of the road team. I liked Pitt before the series so I have to go that way in game 6. But if they lose I will reconsider for game 7.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #111  
    RX Wizard woody paige's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pgh, Pa
    Posts
    5,971
    Pitt made it look easy tonight when the refs don't let the goons lay on the players.
    not the real woody!!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #112  
    RX Senior AlistairCookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Xandria
    Posts
    2,147
    Quote Originally Posted by woody paige View Post
    Pitt made it look easy tonight when the refs don't let the goons lay on the players.


    Did you see what Crosby was allowed to get away with yesterday?!? Slamming a player's head into the ice repeatedly and throwing a water bottle in protest of a missed slash? Between him and Toews, I don't know who the biggest fucking whiner is. Crosby is a tough motherfucker, and an amazing hockey player - it's too bad he's such an amazingly poor sport about it. You're right about the refs not letting something happen.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #113  
    RX Wizard
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vegas / Chicago
    Posts
    5,137
    so many bad rulings against Nashville this series
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. #114  
    Don't jinx me Mobdeeper7239's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    15,538
    Quote Originally Posted by ShortBusDriver7 View Post
    so many bad rulings against Nashville this series
    The goal by pitt to make it 1-0 with a min and change left in the game looked fair to me. No? You would know the rules better than I
    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. #115  
    RX Senior AlistairCookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Xandria
    Posts
    2,147
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobdeeper7239 View Post
    The goal by pitt to make it 1-0 with a min and change left in the game looked fair to me. No? You would know the rules better than I
    just about anybody who's been following hockey for the last two months will tell you that nobody knows what the rules are regarding goalie interference after the number of controversial and botched calls in the playoffs. Some of the most prominent national writers have come out and said so.

    I think that was text book GI...he bumped Rinne and took away his glove. You can see the bump pushed Rinne's arm behind him and opened up the space for the puck to go through. I'd say it wasn't a penalty but goal should have been waved off. But hard to blame the refs when you can't score a goal on your own ice in a must win game.

    That said, it's not even close to being as egregious as the call to overturn Subban's goal in game one. On a scale of 1-10, last night's goal was like a 3. Who knows how this series goes if the game 1 goal is allowed to stand.

    Nice call on series in 6!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  16. #116  
    Don't jinx me Mobdeeper7239's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    15,538
    Quote Originally Posted by AlistairCookie View Post
    just about anybody who's been following hockey for the last two months will tell you that nobody knows what the rules are regarding goalie interference after the number of controversial and botched calls in the playoffs. Some of the most prominent national writers have come out and said so.

    I think that was text book GI...he bumped Rinne and took away his glove. You can see the bump pushed Rinne's arm behind him and opened up the space for the puck to go through. I'd say it wasn't a penalty but goal should have been waved off. But hard to blame the refs when you can't score a goal on your own ice in a must win game.

    That said, it's not even close to being as egregious as the call to overturn Subban's goal in game one. On a scale of 1-10, last night's goal was like a 3. Who knows how this series goes if the game 1 goal is allowed to stand.

    Nice call on series in 6!
    Appreciate the explanation. I just have no clue sometimes what the hell indicates goalie interference. In a sport that physical you would think touching the goal keepers arm is not a big deal. But I somewhat understand the importance of keeping the goalie clean. But you're allowed to stand in front of him and block their view but that's not GI.

    It's funny I can call every Predators series correct this playoffs but the sports I have most knowledge and experience with I sometimes over think. But relating this series to atletico vs real madrid was like the closest analogy possible here. That helped me understand how this could unfold when I looked at it like that.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •