Forum: Hockey Forum - Sponsored by: bet365.com
Post your picks and discuss anything related to betting hockey here.

Thread: Woody's Stanley Cup Final

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Woody's Stanley Cup Final 
    Series Bet
    20* Pens (-165)

Game one
    10* Pens (-165)
    GL to everyone
    not the real woody!!

I agree. Nashville fan, but I think the run ends in the stanley cup to the penguins. I think pitt is just a different level of good and I would count on pitt being a little more consistent this series and it just being too much for the predators. I honestly hope I am wrong. Not betting the series either way, but definitely will look for some games to bet pitt during the series

Pitt needed 7 games and OT to get past Ottawa. Nashville has lost four games all playoffs. Pitt is not a different level of good - they may win the series but that is simply not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by AlistairCookie View Post
    Pitt needed 7 games and OT to get past Ottawa. Nashville has lost four games all playoffs. Pitt is not a different level of good - they may win the series but that is simply not the case.
    Lol but....they ARE a different level of good. I described Nashville's style of play earlier. That is a different level of good compared to Pitt who have legacy type players. My point isn't that Pittsburgh is so much better than them....because they are not. But, my point is each team is great in their own way and Pittsburgh imo have too many of these GREAT players. It is different with the other series in the playoffs imo. I want Nashville to win no question about it though. But this aint the Anaheim Ducks.

Look at it like Atletico Madrid vs Real Madrid here imo. Nashville has ballers, but Pitt's players are a different level of balling. All opinions man. Also if Ottawa would have won, I would no question be on Nashville for the series without a doubt

Nashville will put up a fight because that's what they do but this series is over. I probably would have seen the CL semi finals the same way if I wasn't so biased towards atleti. Different class of team

RX Senior
    Woody I posted PITT also. Have on Pending parlay & straight play. Good luck 3-1 in 3rd

RX Wizard
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobdeeper7239 View Post
    Nashville will put up a fight because that's what they do but this series is over. I probably would have seen the CL semi finals the same way if I wasn't so biased towards atleti. Different class of team
    why would this series be over....? I'm anxiously waiting for new series prices to take Nashville. They didn't touch Crosby all night on purpose, which messed with him, and went 37 min w/o giving up a shot on goal.

Quote Originally Posted by ShortBusDriver7 View Post
    why would this series be over....? I'm anxiously waiting for new series prices to take Nashville. They didn't touch Crosby all night on purpose, which messed with him, and went 37 min w/o giving up a shot on goal.
    Nashville will win a couple of games. I'll say pitt in 6. Has nothing to do with who they want to win. Pitt is just a different level of good to me compared to what I see with the predators. But Nashville wont roll over

Nashville will win a couple of games. I'll say pitt in 6
    With them there will be enough 1 game,
    "The only thing sure about luck is that it will change." - Bret Harte

Quote Originally Posted by ShortBusDriver7 View Post
    Plus I don't know how that is a good thing ever. If there is one player you want to hit, it's crosby. He is the golden boy. Protected by that whole team. They are perfectly happy with nashville not going after crosby. Caps turned the series in their favor once they knocked him out. He returned and caps like usual choked in that spot. Adjustments will be made. But pitt will have too many answers I think.

they are certainly a different level of good when you don't just have to beat them you have to be the referees too.

RX Senior
    I always take home team in NHL PLAYOFFS turned out pretty good so far.I took Pitt tonight win $25 BIG ONES ��

they are certainly a different level of good when you don't just have to beat them you have to be the referees too.

They play so much like atletico it's crazy. They have their moments of let down. But then they go however long without even letting up a shot. Remarkable.

it was offsides but really petty. Tough to overturn. But it is either offsides or it's not and it was. I wish they had offside replay in every soccer tournament. Take away those two 100% offside Ronaldo goals and who knows.

RX Member
    There was only one questionable call the whole game & it happened to go against Nashville. Refs had nothing to do with the outcome, but bad luck & solid goaltending by Murray did. Nashville should have won the game, no doubt, but strange things can happen in any one game. The Pens couldn't have played any worse than they did (other than one 5-minute span) & they still won by 2. That has to be a real kick in the ass to the Preds. Nashville could win this series in 7, or the Pens could win in 5, it will all be determined by which team scores the first goal tonight IMO. Pens get the first one & doubt creeps into Nashville's heads, on the other hand, if they score first, it's anybody's Stanley Cup.

it was offsides but really petty. Tough to overturn.
    Whether or not it was offside (it wasn't*) is really beside the point considering the spirit of the replay rule:

"I think itís worked well," said Mike Murphy, NHL vice-president of hockey operations. "The reason we instituted it was so that we could get the egregious calls particularly right, ones that everybody alive sees and says, ĎThis is the wrong call, itís a screw-up.í"

This was not an "egregious" missed call but even if it were, the standard for overturning a call on the ice is conclusive video evidence which no one has. Secondly, many people are focusing on the lifted skate (which again, there is not a still or video replay anywhere that shows it was lifted) when in fact possession of the puck negates the necessity of keeping both skates on the ice. Forsberg had possession of the puck at the blueline, thus no offside.

Taking the 1st goal in game one away from the visiting team is a tough blow but every team has to overcome some adversity - last team to complain should be anyone playing the Pens who have more lost games to injury than any playoff team.

Quote Originally Posted by Baronman View Post
    I always take home team in NHL PLAYOFFS turned out pretty good so far.I took Pitt tonight win $25 BIG ONES ��
    Home team was 2-5 in Pitt / Washington series.

Well, looks like Pitt is another level...congrats on the win Woodster. You can start spending that now.

Game 3
    15* Nashville-140
    not the real woody!!

W/paige.........good luck with you play........following along..........indy

RX Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by alistaircookie View Post
    home team was 2-5 in pitt / washington series.
    hey cookie what about me i had nashville.i meant all nhl games not pitt/washington��

2-0 +25 * in finals

Game 4
    5* Nashville -140
    not the real woody!!

RX Senior
    WOODY WE ARE BOTH ON SAME PAGE.TAKE HOME TEAM ALL TIME SO FAR.I LIKE YOUR PENQUINS TO WIN STANELY DUE TO HOME ICE. $37-25. for me. I have mortgage to pay.��

3-0 +30*

Game 5
    10* Pens -160
    not the real woody!!

6-0 after 2.
    Pitt made it look easy tonight when the refs don't let the goons lay on the players. The league wants 6 or 7 games to get the advertisement money.
    not the real woody!!