Cnotes 2017 NBA Draft Props !

Search

Tokens
2017 NBA Draft Props
June 14, 2017

The 2017 NBA Draft takes place on Thursday June 22, 2107 at the Barclays Center from Brooklyn, New York.

Oddsmakers at BetOnline.ag are offering up proposition wagers on this year’s draft, which includes who will be the first overall pick plus a variety of options for schools, players and positions.

2017 NBA Draft Props - per BetOnline.ag

#1 Overall pick in 2017 NBA Draft
Markelle Fultz 1/10
Lonzo Ball 7/1
Josh Jackson 16/1
Dennis Smith 66/1
Jayson Tatum 33/1
Lauri Markkanen 50/1

Number of Duke Players Drafted in Round 1
Over 3½ Duke Players +145
Under 3½ Duke Players -175

Number of Freshman Selected in Round 1
Over 16½ Freshman -115
Under 16½ Freshman -115

Number of Guards Selected in Round 1
Over 10½ Guards +120
Under 10½ Guards -150

Number of Internationals Selected in Round 1
Over 4½ Internationals +130
Under 4½ Internationals -160

Number of Juniors Selected in Round 1
Over 2½ Juniors +130
Under 2½ Juniors -160

Number of Kentucky Players Drafted in Round 1
Over 2½ Kentucky Players -350
Under 2½ Kentucky Players +260

Number of Point Guards drafted in Top 10
Over 4½ Point Guards -450
Under 4½ Point Guards +250

Number of Seniors Selected in Round 1
Over ½ Seniors +190
Under ½ Seniors -240

Number of Sophomores Selected in Round 1
Over 6½ Sophomores +100
Under 6½ Sophomores -130

Number of UCLA Players Drafted in Round 1
Over 2½ UCLA Players -450
Under 2½ UCLA Players +325

Number of UNC Players Drafted in Round 1
Over 1½ UNC Players +150
Under 1½ UNC Players -180

Round of Selection for Jordan Bell
1st Round -145
2nd Round +115

1st International Selected
Frank Ntilikina -1000
Field (any other International) +600

1st Senior Selected
Monte Morris 9/4
Wesley Iwundu 3/2
Josh Hart 9/2
Derrick White 9/2
Frank Mason 8/1
Sindarius Thornwell 8/1
Field (any other senior) 7/1

Number of Kansas Players Drafted Overall
Over 1½ Kansas Players -300
Under 1½ Kansas Players +230

Number of Oregon Players Drafted Overall
Over 2½ Oregon Players -350
Under 2½ Oregon Players +260

Team to Draft Lonzo Ball
Los Angeles Lakers -250
Field (any other team) +190

Top 3 Picks
1. Markelle Fultz 2. Lonzo Ball 3. Josh Jackson +120
Field (any other order) -150

Will Nigel Williams-Goss be Drafted
Yes -215
No +170

Odds Subject to Change

Tokens
C's, 76ers reportedly in talks for top pick
June 16, 2017

The assumption has been that the Boston Celtics would take Washington point guard Markelle Fultz with the No. 1 pick in next week's NBA draft, but a report on Friday suggests the Philadelphia 76ers are attempting to acquire that pick.

The Celtics are having serious discussions with the 76ers about a trade for that would give Philadelphia the top pick, ESPN reported Friday.

The most recent offer on the table would have the Sixers sending Boston several draft picks, including the No. 3 overall selection, in exchange for the top pick, which presumably would be Fultz. The most likely scenario is for Boston to receive three draft picks to give up one.

Adrian Wojnarowski of The Vertical reported the Sixers might send the Celtics the No. 3 pick this year as a well as two future first-round picks to acquire the top pick this year. If the 76ers could pull off the deal, they could put Fultz in the backcourt with last year's No. 1 overall pick, Ben Simmons, who has yet to play an NBA game but could play the shooting guard spot.

--Indiana Pacers guard Monta Ellis and Detroit Pistons guard Reggie Bullock were each suspended five games without pay for violating the NBA's anti-drug policy, the league announced.

The suspensions begin during the 2017-18 regular season.

"Monta's suspension is a very serious matter to our franchise and it will be dealt with accordingly," Pacers president of basketball operations Kevin Pritchard said in a statement.

Ellis, 31, averaged 8.5 points last season, his lowest output since his rookie season (2005-06). Bullock, 26, averaged 4.5 points in 31 games for Detroit last season.

--One day after projected No. 1 overall pick Markelle Fultz worked out for the Los Angeles Lakers, possible No. 2 pick Lonzo Ball took his turn at impressing club brass.

The Lakers possess the second pick in Thursday's draft and it is likely the franchise will be choosing between Ball, the former UCLA point guard, Kansas forward Josh Jackson and Kentucky point guard De'Aaron Fox.

Los Angeles was scheduled to meet with Ball's outspoken father, LaVar.

The Lakers worked out Fultz in case the Washington standout guard doesn't end up going first in the draft. The Boston Celtics own the No. 1 overall selection.

--The Milwaukee Bucks promoted Jon Horst to general manager, the team announced.

Horst was previously the director of basketball operations for the Bucks and has spent nine years with the organization.

Horst replaces John Hammond, who recently departed to take a similar position with the Orlando Magic.

Milwaukee considered promoting assistant general manager Justin Zanik before settling on Horst. Also in the mix was Arturas Karnisovas, but the Denver Nuggets' executive was promoted to general manager of that franchise earlier this week.

Tokens
Fultz wants to beat Ball in 'everything I do'
June 16, 2017

One day after projected No. 1 overall pick Markelle Fultz worked out for the Los Angeles Lakers, possible No. 2 pick Lonzo Ball takes his turn at impressing club brass on Friday.

The Lakers possess the second pick in Thursday's draft and it is likely the franchise will be choosing between Ball, the former UCLA point guard, Kansas forward Josh Jackson and Kentucky point guard De'Aaron Fox.

Los Angeles will also be meeting with Ball's outspoken father, LaVar, on Friday.

The Lakers worked out Fultz in case the Washington standout guard doesn't end up going first in the draft. The Boston Celtics own the No. 1 overall selection.

Fultz termed the decision to work out for the Lakers as a "family decision."

"Never know where I might land, so I just wanted to see how it is out here," Fultz told reporters.

Fultz said he could easily mix with Lakers guard D'Angelo Russell due to the versatility both players have in their game.

He also addressed the competition with Ball to be the top overall pick.

"I'm a competitor, so anybody that's in front of me, I'm going to try to take them out and Lonzo is a great guard," Fultz said. "We're both competing for the same positions, so just stepping out on the court, I'm going to try and beat him in everything I do. If that's tying my shoe faster or anything, it really doesn't matter."

Meanwhile, Ball may choose to work out for some teams below the Lakers in the draft order. He has declined to work out for the Celtics and will wait until after he sees how Friday's workout with the Lakers goes before making that decision.

One thing complicating Ball's situation is that teams are apprehensive of his father, who has rubbed a lot of people wrong over the past seven-plus months while trying to promote Lonzo and his two younger brothers.

Fox, who badly outplayed Ball in an NCAA Tournament game when he outscored his counterpart 39-to-10, is tired of hearing LaVar's over-the-top comments.

"In the last year, he became relevant for some reason," Fox told Sports Illustrated. "When I knew Lonzo in high school, I'd never seen his dad before. He went crazy this year. I guess when your son is a lottery pick, that gives you a lot of confidence."

Fox and Jackson both worked out for the Lakers on Tuesday.

Tokens
Fultz happy to land with Lakers, Celtics
June 15, 2017

EL SEGUNDO, Calif. (AP) Markelle Fultz wants to be the first player chosen in the NBA draft next week, either by the Boston Celtics or whatever team ends up with their No. 1 pick.

Just in case he isn't, he also wants the Los Angeles Lakers to know what they can get at No. 2.

Fultz went through an hour-long private workout for the Lakers on Thursday before meeting with the team's top brass at their training complex. The Maryland-born University of Washington product is generally expected to be the top pick, but he has stayed in close contact with the Lakers since the draft combine.

''It was a family decision,'' Fultz said of his willingness to work out for Los Angeles. ''Giving everybody the opportunity. Never know where I might land, so I just wanted to see how it is out here.''

Fultz didn't have to work out for anyone at all, and some consensus No. 1 picks choose to work out only for the top team. The Celtics already hosted Fultz, but the slick scorer said he isn't afraid of a little extra scrutiny.

''I'm blessed to play the game,'' Fultz said, still wearing his gray Lakers workout gear. ''I'd like to go (No.) 1, but wherever I land is where I go.''

Fultz's talent has put him in a unique position between two of the NBA's most iconic franchises, but he welcomes the possibility of ending up on either side of the famed Celtics-Lakers rivalry.

''Really, to me, it doesn't matter,'' Fultz said. ''Wherever I go, I'm going to be the same guy. I'm going to be humble. Of course, coming here with the Hollywood lights, it's going to be great publicity. I'll get my brand out there and just build it myself.''

With his mother, agent and personal trainer in attendance, Fultz went through numerous offensive drills while Magic Johnson and Luke Walton looked on. Fultz said the Lakers were interested in his ability off pick-and-roll sets and his shooting mechanics.

The 6-foot-4 guard believes he would fit well alongside D'Angelo Russell, the Lakers' similarly sized third-year guard.

''Basketball players who are pretty good at what they do learn how to play with each other,'' Fultz said.

After lunch, Fultz planned to visit the Lakers' new training complex under construction just down the street from the current building.

He hasn't decided whether to work out for even more teams in the final days before the draft, but he'll discuss it with his family.

With the No. 2 pick for the third consecutive season, the Lakers know they'll be able to choose either Fultz or Lonzo Ball, the UCLA playmaker widely considered the second-biggest talent in the draft. Ball is eager to stay home with the Lakers, and he went through an extensive workout in El Segundo last week.

Ball is meeting with the Lakers again Friday in a private setting as Johnson and general manager Rob Pelinka hone in on their strategy for next week.

Fultz acknowledges he is developing a personal rivalry with Ball through the draft process. He wouldn't mind if they ended up on opposite sides of the NBA's most storied team rivalry, either.

''I'm a competitor, so anybody that's in front of me, I'm going to try and take them out,'' Fultz said. ''Lonzo is a great guard, so we're both competing for the same position. Stepping on the court, I'm going to try and beat him in everything I do, if that's tying my shoe faster or anything.''

The two famous franchises with the top two picks have one major current difference: While the Celtics were the Eastern Conference's top playoff seed last season, the Lakers are coming out of the worst four-year stretch in franchise history. Fultz is intrigued by the chance for immediate postseason contention, but the Lakers' promising young core presents its own intrigue.

''I thought about both,'' Fultz said. ''Being a young team would pretty much feel like college again. But either/or. Coming to a young team or an old team, I'm just blessed to play the game.''

Tokens
NBA Draft Props analysis
June 19, 2017

The deepest draft in years will certainly yield gems for the teams at the top and should deliver a few profitable opportunities for you to wet your beak on props.

Although shops will likely offer varying proposition wagers come Thursday, the numbers this column will work with were available at BetOnline.ag Monday afternoon.

Boston has already made major waves by trading the No. 1 pick away, preferring to cash in on Philadelphia's devotion to guard Markelle Fultz as the player they want to pry from this class. The 76ers moved the No. 3 pick and a future first-round pick with "favorably protected rights" to the Celtics for the right to draft the Washington freshman.

GM Danny Ainge believes he'll get a player that he possibly would've selected first at No. 3, so he's going all-in on Fultz potentially not developing into the can't-miss standout that most project he'll be. Whether he selects Kansas wing Josh Jackson, North Carolina forward Jayson Tatum or even UCLA point guard Lonzo Ball, this decision will always hang over his head.

Fultz is -5000 to hear his name first and will. It's his job to make the decision look foolish, while Ainge will move forward with a player he likes third while adding another future lottery pick that can potentially sweeten the deal when packaged with all of his many other pieces to land Boston a long-coveted franchise player.

After the Lakers make their choice between Ball and Jackson -- and it would surprise me if it wasn't the Chino Hills star, Ball -- the Celtics are likely to decide between Jackson, an Ainge-type player, and Tatum a skilled combo forward who would definitely give the Celtics a piece they currently lack.

Suns GM Ryan McDonough has called this a Top-3 draft in terms of talent since he entered the league in 2003, widely considered the best in this century since it included LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Carmelo Anthony, among others. That means there will be a piece he likes at No. 4, where Jackson, Tatum, Kentucky point guard DeAaron Fox and anyone else they may have grown enamored with will undoubtedly fall.

It would be surprising to see the Suns pull the trigger on Fox, but a team that likes the UK point guard would be wise to swing a deal because he won't slip past the Kings at No. 5. That makes the draft props of Fox and Tatum interesting because both are being listed at 4.5. Currently, I'd have to ride with Tatum over Fox as the player who goes first.

Florida State's Jonathan Isaac, a 6-foot-11 pterodactyl of a combo forward whose raw skills merit a look, has said he's only working out for the top four teams, which makes his prop (6.5) awfully intriguing. The Suns have reportedly met with him twice, but they drafted two versatile frontcourt pieces last year in Marquese Chriss and Dragan Bender. Orlando could take the Seminoles standout, which would please many in the fan base who got a good look at him all year.

Arizona forward Lauri Markkanen (7.5), Kentucky shooting guard Malik Monk (8), N.C. State point guard Dennis Smith Jr. (8.5) and French League standout Frank Ntilikina (9.5) are among players listed among the Top 10, and I recommend taking the under on Monk, an elite scorer who could go as high as No. 6 to Orlando but shouldn't get past the Knicks at 8, which gets you a push.

It will be interesting to see whether Markkanen, a native of Finland, or the Belgian-born Ntilikina will be the first European-born player selected, so there's no great feel there at the moment. Duke's Luke Kennard (12.5) is the draft's top shooter at a time when that skill is in higher demand than ever before, but there is enough depth that he could potentially fall out of the lottery.

Duke forward Harry Giles (15.5), at one point the No. 1 prep prospect in this class before injuries derailed him, could also be a lottery selection despite having a limited impact with the Blue Devils due to a knee injury that may scare teams off. Still, he's a marvelous athlete who plays with great energy when healthy and looms as a risk-reward play that should land him in the top-half of the first round.

As things stand, this first round should feature the most freshmen ever, shattering the mark of 13. Since everyone understands this, the number being placed at 16.5 seems a little high. The number of internationals selected has been set at 4.5, and with clarification as to who is considered what since there are a few gray areas, take the over on that.

Among colleges, Duke (3.5), Kentucky (2.5), UCLA (2.5) and UNC (1.5) each have props up on the number of first-rounders they'll produce. While Tatum, Kennard and Giles are locks, it's unlikely that freshman guard Frank Jackson will sneak in the Top 30.

Riding rival North Carolina looks like the lock of the prop game, since you can expect both freshman center Tony Bradley and small forward Justin Jackson to represent the defending champs among the top 30 picks.

Jackson (19.5) is a fantastic individual value play since he's climbing up draft boards with his potential as smart, valuable wing, while Bradley should be selected somewhere in the 20s by a team interested in his size and agility since he projects as a standout rebounder.

Meanwhile, the overs for the 'Cats, and Bruins look strong since I expect Kentucky big man Bam Adebayo to be selected, joining Fox and Monk as draftees. Forwards Ike Anigbobu and TJ Leaf should join Ball and rep UCLA.

Tokens
What offseason? A week after Finals, the NBA in overdrive
June 20, 2017

Dwight Howard and Brook Lopez are on the move. Dwyane Wade is opting in. Pau Gasol is opting out. The Los Angeles Lakers provided the clearest indication yet that Lonzo Ball is their guy.

The NBA offseason is already in overdrive.

A dizzying series of moves came on Tuesday. Howard got traded by the Atlanta Hawks to the Charlotte Hornets, who acquired the eight-time All-Star center for a package that included Miles Plumlee and Marco Belinelli.

And Lopez - another center - is leaving Brooklyn and headed to the Lakers, part of a deal that has D'Angelo Russell and Timofey Mozgov going to the Nets.

That leaves the Lakers with a clear need at point guard, a problem they will likely rectify on Thursday when they presumably will take Ball with the No. 2 pick in the NBA Draft. It was a big move for the Lakers in another way; Mozgov is still owed $48 million over the next three seasons, while Lopez's contract will expire after next season.

Howard will be playing for his third team in three seasons following a disappointing homecoming in Atlanta. He signed a three-year, $70.5 million deal with Atlanta and then sat out the fourth quarter in two of six playoff games in the Hawks' first-round loss to Washington.

''Let the madness begin,'' Portland guard CJ McCollum said. ''Draft week is always the most interesting time of the year.''

Madness is right.

Barely a week after the Golden State Warriors won their second NBA championship in three years, the rest of the league is maneuvering like mad.

Along with the trades, confirmed by people with direct knowledge who spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because neither deal was formally announced, Gasol opted out of his $16 million deal for next season with San Antonio - but intends to sign a new multiyear deal with the Spurs that will reduce his annual salary but give him more security, and presumably give his team a chance to add a big-time free agent this summer. Wade told the Bulls he will take his $23.8 million deal for next season, a decision he had until next week to make.

And Minnesota parted ways with Nikola Pekovic, waiving him in what could be the last act of a career that was derailed by foot and ankle problems over the past three seasons. Pekovic missed all of last season and played only 12 games the previous season.

All this comes with Paul George's status in Indiana most uncertain and with many trade rumors swirling there, the belief by many across the league that Jerry West joining the Clippers' front office could help their pursuit of LeBron James in the summer of 2018, and the ongoing watch in New York of what the Knicks will do - if anything - with Carmelo Anthony and Kristaps Porzingis.

It's not like Monday was a slow day, either.

That was when Philadelphia and Boston completed the deal that sent the No. 1 overall pick to the 76ers - giving them the chance to take Markelle Fultz, and allowing the Celtics to choose likely either Jayson Tatum or Josh Jackson at No. 3, which they got in the swap. The Celtics said they think the player they take at No. 3 would likely have been the player they used the No. 1 pick on anyway, so they called it a win-win move.

Then came Monday night's news that the Cleveland Cavaliers were parting ways with general manager David Griffin after three straight trips to the NBA Finals, a move that James clearly was not happy about. Cleveland then talked with former All-Star guard Chauncey Billups on Tuesday about a job in the front office.

To think, summer doesn't even start until Wednesday.

The draft is Thursday.

The league's inaugural after-the-season awards show is Monday.

Free agency and the new collective bargaining agreement start on July 1.

''Wow,'' Phoenix guard Devin Booker said on Twitter.

It wasn't clear what Booker was exactly referring to, though he probably said it a few times Tuesday.

Wow, indeed.

Tokens
Hawks trade Howard to Hornets
June 20, 2017

The Atlanta Hawks traded center Dwight Howard and the 31st pick in Thursday's draft to the Charlotte Hornets for forward Miles Plumlee, swingman Marco Belinelli and the 41st pick, according to multiple reports.

The 31-year-old Howard, who signed a three-year, $70.5 million deal with Atlanta last July, averaged 13.5 points, 12.7 rebounds and 1.2 blocks in 74 games during the 2016-17 season. Charlotte will be Howard's fifth team after spending his first 13 seasons with Orlando (eight), the Los Angeles Lakers (one), Houston (three) and Atlanta (one).

Plumlee, who signed a four-year, $52 million contract last season, averaged 2.5 points and 2.1 rebounds across 10.8 minutes in 2016-17. He began last season with the Milwaukee Bucks before being dealt to Charlotte before the trade deadline.

Belinelli averaged 10.5 points, 2.4 rebounds and two assists in 24 minutes last season. He comes with a $6.6-million cap hit as his three-year, $19 million contract expires after the 2017-18 season.

Tokens
76ers appear poised to take Fultz at No. 1
June 20, 2017

PHILADELPHIA -- For the second consecutive year, the Philadelphia 76ers will have the first overall pick in the NBA draft.

Last season, the Sixers selected LSU standout Ben Simmons, though he never played after suffering a broken bone in his foot toward the end of training camp.

When the ping-pong balls landed in the 2017 draft lottery, Philadelphia came away with the No. 3 overall pick this year. But president of basketball operations Bryan Colangelo pulled off a blockbuster trade with the Boston Celtics, allowing the Sixers to move up two spots to No. 1 again.

It looks like Philadelphia is prepared to take Washington guard Markelle Fultz at No. 1. Paired with Simmons, the Sixers seem to have a rising backcourt for the next 10-to-12 years.

Colangelo was rather vague when meeting with the media. That happens in the days leading up to the draft.

"Most importantly we're taking the next step, I believe, in formulating a solid young core of players that ultimately will lead to a successful and sustainable product," Colangelo said. "That's our goal and that's where we want to be. With the certainty of No. 1, we know we control our circumstances."

While Simmons missed the season, center Joel Embiid was limited to 31 games because of injuries. Forward Jahlil Okafor struggled with a balky knee. Philadelphia stumbled to 28 wins, putting its total number of victories at 75 over the last four seasons.

The Sixers were fortunate in the lottery once again and seem primed to take another step with a high-caliber type of player at No. 1.

"A lot of things are lining up, with hopefully good reason, again to be able to have the opportunity be able to select No. 1 and control our destiny," Colangelo said. " And then have Ben Simmons, and Jerryd Bayless, and others that will be either acquired in the trade or free agency join this mix, along with that developing core that was there, with a healthy Joel Embiid.

"There's a lot of excitement and a lot of reason to move forward with a much further idea of what we have. Again, it is somewhat circumstantial that we're here. Nobody is angry about being here."

If Philadelphia takes Fultz as expected, the rest of the top five in the draft appears to look like this: the Los Angeles Lakers selecting UCLA guard Lonzo Ball at No. 2; the Celtics taking Kansas guard/forward Josh Jackson at No. 3; the Phoenix Suns picking Duke forward Jayson Tatum at No. 4; and the Sacramento Kings selecting Kentucky guard De'Aaron Fox at No. 5.

Of course, Florida State's Jonathan Isaac, Kentucky's Malik Monk and North Carolina State's Dennis Smith could all sneak in the top five because anything is possible on draft night.

This is a particularly crucial draft for the Sixers. It's year five of coach Brett Brown's era and time to start winning for a fan base which has had to "Trust The Process," in honor of former general manager Sam Hinkie.

Philadelphia also owns four second-round picks, acquired in previous trades with the Dallas Mavericks, Atlanta Hawks and Utah Jazz. They could attempt to package some draft picks and move up for another potential first-round pick.

Clearly, the focus is on the No. 1 choice, also known as Fultz.

"It's great excitement, obviously," Colangelo said of the buzz of having the top pick. "We have a much better idea of where we are today than just a few days ago and, again, sitting in the No. 1 spot, we couldn't be in a better place. So, we know where we are, we've got pick certainty now and we can zero in on the fine details of that selection now.

"And plan -- we can get a head start on planning for some of the things that follow that can also help us with our trade thoughts and free-agent thoughts moving forward."

Tokens
Baynes declining option, becoming free agent
June 20, 2017

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. (AP) Detroit backup center Aron Baynes is declining his player option for next season and becoming a free agent.

Stan Van Gundy, the Pistons' coach and team president, confirmed the move Tuesday. The 30-year-old Baynes averaged 4.9 points in 75 games last season and has been a capable backup to Detroit star Andre Drummond over the past two years. Baynes has had to play crucial minutes at times, when Drummond was limited late in games because of his poor foul shooting.

Detroit also has 7-foot-3 Boban Marjanovic, who can play a bigger role backing up Drummond if the Pistons lose Baynes. Marjanovic appeared in 35 games last season.

AP source: Dwyane Wade opts in for 2nd year with Bulls
June 20, 2017

CHICAGO (AP) Dwyane Wade has told the Chicago Bulls that he is exercising his $23.8 million option and will remain with them next season, a person familiar with the situation told The Associated Press on Tuesday night.

The person spoke on condition of anonymity because neither the Bulls nor Wade had spoken publicly about the matter. Wade had until next week to decide whether to opt in or become a free agent.

Wade averaged 18.3 points on 43 percent shooting last season, his first with the Bulls after 13 years in Miami. He missed 11 games in March with a fractured elbow, but he returned for Chicago's final three games to help the Bulls make the playoffs.

Wade made $23.2 million this past season. He turns 36 in January.

NBA notebook: Lakers acquire Lopez from Nets
June 20, 2017

The Los Angeles Lakers hold the No. 2 pick in the upcoming NBA Draft, but they did not wait until Thursday night to begin reshaping their roster.

The Lakers have reached an agreement to trade point guard D'Angelo Russell and center Timofey Mozgov to the Brooklyn Nets in exchange for center Brook Lopez and the 27th selection in this year's draft, The Vertical reported Tuesday.

Trading Russell, the No. 2 overall pick in the 2015 draft, all but assures that Los Angeles will select point guard Lonzo Ball of UCLA at No. 2 Thursday. It also gives the Lakers three first-round selections in the draft.

Russell averaged 15.6 points and 4.8 assists in his second season with the Lakers and the 7-foot-1 Mozgov averaged 7.4 points, 4.9 rebounds and 0.9 blocked shots last season.

The 7-foot Lopez represents a dramatic upgrade for Los Angeles, particularly at the offensive end. He averaged a team-high 20.5 points last season for Brooklyn and owns career averages of 18.1 points, 7.1 rebounds and 1.7 blocks in nine seasons with the Nets.

--Chicago Bulls shooting guard Dwyane Wade is reportedly leaning toward exercising his $24 million player option to remain with the franchise next season.

The 35-year-old Wade has until June 27 to make a decision.

The Chicago native averaged 18.3 points in his first season with the Bulls. He played in 60 games and was sidelined late in the season with a fractured elbow. The scoring average was the second lowest of his 14-year career.

Wade told the Bulls he didn't want to be part of a rebuilding process, so the former Miami Heat star is certainly closely watching the situation involving All-Star swingman Jimmy Butler. The Bulls are shopping Butler leading up to Thursday's NBA Draft and the Cleveland Cavaliers have reportedly expressed interest.

--Pau Gasol will decline a $16.2 million contract option for next season and become a free agent, but he is expected to re-sign with the San Antonio Spurs on a long-term deal, according to multiple reports.

The 36-year-old center intends to negotiate a lower annual salary so that the Spurs are able to offer free agents more money this offseason, according to the San Antonio Express-News. Gasol averaged a career-low 12.4 points, 7.8 rebounds and 1.1 blocks over 64 games (39 starts) in his first season with the Spurs last season.

Former All-Star David Lee is also expected to opt out of his deal with San Antonio. Lee's option for next season is worth $1.6 million. The 34-year-old averaged 7.3 points and 5.6 rebounds in 79 games last season.

--The Indiana Pacers and Los Angeles Lakers have begun discussing the possibilities of a Paul George trade, according to multiple reports.

George recently relayed to the Pacers that he won't re-sign with the club after the 2017-18 season and added that he hopes to sign with the Lakers as a free agent. With Thursday's NBA draft approaching, Indiana is investigating whether it can trade the four-time All-Star forward to the Lakers either before the draft or on draft night.

The Pacers are apparently asking for the No. 2 overall pick in the draft that belongs to the Lakers, as well as forward Brandon Ingram, who was the No. 2 overall pick in last season's draft. The Lakers aren't interested in that scenario as they have the knowledge that George could be had on the free-agent market 13 months from now.

Indiana also has engaged in talks with the Cleveland Cavaliers. Other teams reported to have interest are the Houston Rockets, Los Angeles Clippers and Washington Wizards.

--Kristaps Porzingis may not be long for New York as Knicks president Phil Jackson is considering trading the 7-foot-3 Latvian and has been fielding trade calls ahead of the draft, according to multiple reports.

Porzingis, 21, has not been in contact with anybody within the Knicks' front office since the end of the season. He skipped exit meetings with Jackson and the team due to his frustration with the Knicks' dysfunction.

The former fourth-overall draft pick in 2015 has averaged 16.1 points, 7.3 rebounds and 1.9 blocks over 138 games in his first two seasons with the Knicks. Last season, Porzingis averaged a career-high 18.1 points, 7.2 boards and two blocks in 66 contests.

--Aron Baynes is set to become a free agent as the Detroit Pistons center will decline his $6.5 million player option, according to The Vertical.

Pistons president and coach Stan Van Gundy has said repeatedly that he expected the 30-year-old Baynes to opt out and seek a better deal, the Detroit Free Press reports.

The 6-foot-10 Baynes averaged 4.9 points and 4.4 rebounds in 75 games (two starts) last season with the Pistons. He has career averages of 5.2 points and 4.1 boards in 295 games over five seasons with the Pistons and San Antonio Spurs.

Tokens
AP source: Cavs owner, Billups meet about front-office job
June 20, 2017

CLEVELAND (AP) Chauncey Billups was clutch as a player, earning the nickname ''Mr. Big Shot.''

He could soon have a new title.

The former All-Star guard met Tuesday with Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert about a position in Cleveland's front office, a person familiar with the encounter told the Associated Press. The meeting took place in Detroit, said the person who spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the talks.

Gilbert is looking for a general manager - his fifth in 12 years with Cleveland - after parting ways with David Griffin on Monday as the Cavs regrouped after losing to Golden State in the NBA Finals. Griffin's contract expires on June 30, and he and Gilbert decided to mutually part ways after being unable to negotiate an extension and not sharing the same vision for the team's future.

Gilbert and Billups have some history. They've known each other from their days with the Pistons when Billups was one of the team's leaders and Gilbert's Rock Financial mortgage company was one of the team's major sponsors.

A five-time All-Star, Billups does not have any front-office experience, so it's more likely he could fill an executive role to work alongside a new GM. Billups, who has been working as a TV analyst for ESPN, is also close with Cavs coach Tyronn Lue.

Along with Griffin, Trent Redden, the team's senior vice president of basketball operations, is also not returning. It's possible Billups could fill that vacancy.

Billups retired following the 2013-14 season, his 20th in the league. Inside basketball circles, he's well-liked, highly respected and would be a splashy hire for Gilbert, who has taken some criticism for his separation from Griffin, who helped build the Cavs and guided them to three straight Finals.

Billups spent eight seasons with the Pistons. He also played for Denver, Minnesota, Boston, the Los Angeles Clippers, Toronto and New York.

Tokens
AP Source: Pau Gasol opts out, will re-sign with Spurs
June 20, 2017

Pau Gasol has declined the option on his contract for next season with the San Antonio Spurs, but it's doubtful he's going anywhere.

Gasol declined the $16 million option on Tuesday with the intent of signing a longer-term deal with the Spurs so the franchise can gain some flexibility to hit the free agent market, a person with knowledge of the situation told The Associated Press. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the Spurs did not officially announce the move.

Gasol signed a two-year deal last summer worth $30 million. He averaged 12.4 points, 7.8 rebounds and 1.1 blocks in 25.4 minutes per game for the Spurs last season, at times starting and others coming off the bench for a team that won 61 games and lost to the Golden State Warriors in the Western Conference finals.

Yahoo Sports first reported Gasol's move.

Long thought to be a perfect fit for Gregg Popovich's free-flowing offensive system that has always catered to versatile and cerebral international players, Gasol expanded his game in his first season in San Antonio. He shot a career-high 53.8 percent from 3-point range and attempted 1.6 per game to help draw the defense away from LaMarcus Aldridge in the paint. His .502 field goal percentage was the highest since 2010-11 and he spoke highly of his experience playing

''He's fulfilled all of our expectations,'' Popovich said in March. ''There were really no surprises. If anything, he's shooting the 3 more than he has before. That's been the biggest difference. We didn't expect that.''

By taking the measures he took on Tuesday, Gasol is freeing up some extra money for the Spurs to delve into what is expected to be a hotly contested free agent market beginning on July 1. After finishing second in the Western Conference, the Spurs were swept out of the playoffs by the Warriors. Star forward Kawhi Leonard's ankle injury no doubt played a huge role in the lack of competitiveness in that series, but the Spurs also know they need help if they're going to catch the star-studded Warriors.

They would still have to make a few more moves, but Gasol's efforts are the first step in creating enough salary cap room to add a significant free agent. And while it may reduce Gasol's annual salary, a multiyear deal would give a soon-to-be 37-year-old more security as he enters the twilight of his career.

Tokens
Pacers reportedly talking with Lakers
June 20, 2017

The Indiana Pacers and Los Angeles Lakers have begun discussing the possibilities of a Paul George trade, according to multiple reports.

George recently relayed to the Pacers that he won't re-sign with the club after the 2017-18 season and added that he hopes to sign with the Lakers as a free agent.

With Thursday's NBA draft approaching, Indiana is investigating whether it can trade the four-time All-Star forward to the Lakers either before the draft or on draft night.

The Pacers are apparently asking for the No. 2 overall pick in the draft that belongs to the Lakers, as well as forward Brandon Ingram, who was the No. 2 overall pick in last season's draft.

The Lakers aren't interested in that scenario as they have the knowledge that George could be had on the free-agent market 13 months from now.

Indiana also has engaged in talks with the Cleveland Cavaliers. Other teams reported to have interest are the Houston Rockets, Los Angeles Clippers and Washington Wizards.

George, who averaged a career-best 23.7 points last season, has a major preference in joining the Lakers as he grew up in Southern California.

The 27-year-old George is from Palmdale, Calif., a desert town about 60 miles north of Los Angeles.

If George hits free agency, he will be eligible to sign a four-year, $130 million contract.

If George remained with the Pacers, he could receive a five-year, $177 million extension.

George has an 18.1 scoring average in parts of seven NBA seasons. He recovered from a serious compound fracture of his right leg in the summer of 2014 while playing for USA Basketball to regain his star status.

I like money
Handicapper
Tokens
Heres what my guy has. Didnt go through it yet but I know Ill be putting a few in...

[h=3]NBA - 2017 DRAFT PROPSLines From:06-22-2017 11:34:16<input type="submit" name="ctl00$WagerContent$btn_Continue_1" value="Continue" id="ctl00_WagerContent_btn_Continue_1" style="margin: 0px 0px 0px 10px;"><input type="submit" name="ctl00$WagerContent$Refesh_1" value="Refresh Page" id="ctl00_WagerContent_Refesh_1" style="margin: 0px 0px 0px 10px;">
[/h]
Date#TeamM LineTotalSpread
NBA - 2017 DRAFT PROPS - Jun 22
2017 NBA DRAFT (ESPN)
@ BARCLAYS CENTER, BROOKLYN, NEW YORK
2017 NBA DRAFT - DUKE PLAYERS DRAFTED IN 1ST ROUND
Jun 22115051OVERo3½+130<input type="checkbox" name="text_" value="2_2701817_-3.5_130" style="vertical-align: middle; margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 3px;">
7:00 PM115052UNDERu3½-160<input type="checkbox" name="text_" value="3_2701817_3.5_-160" style="vertical-align: middle; margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 3px;">
2017 NBA DRAFT - KENTUCKY PLAYERS DRAFTED IN 1ST ROUND
Jun 22115053OVERo2½-700<input type="checkbox" name="text_" value="2_2701819_-2.5_-700" style="vertical-align: middle; margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 3px;">
7:00 PM115054UNDERu2½+450<input type="checkbox" name="text_" value="3_2701819_2.5_450" style="vertical-align: middle; margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 3px;">
NOTE: JONAH BOLDEN IS INTERNATIONAL (AUSTRALIA)
DOES NOT COUNT AS 2017 UCLA DRAFT PICK
2017 NBA DRAFT - UCLA PLAYERS DRAFTED IN 1ST ROUND
Jun 22115055OVERo2½-400<input type="checkbox" name="text_" value="2_2701821_-2.5_-400" style="vertical-align: middle; margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 3px;">
7:00 PM115056UNDERu2½+300<input type="checkbox" name="text_" value="3_2701821_2.5_300" style="vertical-align: middle; margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 3px;">
2017 NBA DRAFT - OREGON PLAYERS DRAFTED OVERALL
Jun 22115061OVERo2½-350<input type="checkbox" name="text_" value="2_2701823_-2.5_-350" style="vertical-align: middle; margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 3px;">
7:00 PM115062UNDERu2½+260<input type="checkbox" name="text_" value="3_2701823_2.5_260" style="vertical-align: middle; margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 3px;">
2017 NBA DRAFT - KANSAS PLAYERS DRAFTED OVERALL
Jun 22115063OVERo1½-550<input type="checkbox" name="text_" value="2_2701824_-1.5_-550" style="vertical-align: middle; margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 3px;">
7:00 PM115064UNDERu1½+400<input type="checkbox" name="text_" value="3_2701824_1.5_400" style="vertical-align: middle; margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 3px;">
2017 NBA DRAFT - GONZAGA PLAYERS DRAFTED OVERALL
Jun 22115065OVERo1½-140<input type="checkbox" name="text_" value="2_2701826_-1.5_-140" style="vertical-align: middle; margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 3px;">
7:00 PM115066UNDERu1½+110<input type="checkbox" name="text_" value="3_2701826_1.5_110" style="vertical-align: middle; margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 3px;">
2017 NBA DRAFT - MORE PLAYERS DRAFTED
Jun 22115067OREGON+160<input type="checkbox" name="text_" value="4_2701828_0_160" style="vertical-align: middle; margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 3px;">
7:00 PM115068UCLA-200<input type="checkbox" name="text_" value="5_2701828_0_-200" style="vertical-align: middle; margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 3px;">
2017 NBA DRAFT - MORE PLAYERS DRAFTED
Jun 22115069INDIANA-275<input type="checkbox" name="text_" value="4_2701829_0_-275" style="vertical-align: middle; margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 3px;">
7:00 PM115070SOUTH CAROLINA+225<input type="checkbox" name="text_" value="5_2701829_0_225" style="vertical-align: middle; margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 3px;">
2017 NBA DRAFT - MORE PLAYERS DRAFTED OVERALL
Jun 22115071ACC-1½-130<input type="checkbox" name="text_" value="0_2701832_-1.5_-130" style="vertical-align: middle; margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 3px;">
7:00 PM115072PAC 12+1½EV<input type="checkbox" name="text_" value="1_2701832_1.5_100" style="vertical-align: middle; margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 3px;">
2017 NBA DRAFT - MORE PLAYERS DRAFTED OVERALL
Jun 22115073SEC+½-150<input type="checkbox" name="text_" value="0_2701833_0.5_-150" style="vertical-align: middle; margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 3px;">
7:00 PM115074BIG 12-½+120<input type="checkbox" name="text_" value="1_2701833_-0.5_120" style="vertical-align: middle; margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 3px;">
2017 NBA DRAFT - MORE PLAYERS DRAFTED 1ST ROUND
Jun 22115075ACC-3½-140<input type="checkbox" name="text_" value="0_2701834_-3.5_-140" style="vertical-align: middle; margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 3px;">
7:00 PM115076PAC-12+3½+110<input type="checkbox" name="text_" value="1_2701834_3.5_110" style="vertical-align: middle; margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 3px;">
2017 NBA DRAFT - MORE PLAYERS DRAFTED 1ST ROUND
Jun 22115077KENTUCKY-200<input type="checkbox" name="text_" value="4_2701835_0_-200" style="vertical-align: middle; margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 3px;">
7:00 PM115078UCLA+160<input type="checkbox" name="text_" value="5_2701835_0_160" style="vertical-align: middle; margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 3px;">
2017 NBA DRAFT - DRAFT POSITION - DE`AARON FOX
Jun 22115081OVERo4½-200<input type="checkbox" name="text_" value="2_2701836_-4.5_-200" style="vertical-align: middle; margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 3px;">
7:00 PM115082UNDERu4½+160<input type="checkbox" name="text_" value="3_2701836_4.5_160" style="vertical-align: middle; margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 3px;">
2017 NBA DRAFT - DRAFT POSITION - JAYSON TATUM
Jun 22115083OVERo4+200<input type="checkbox" name="text_" value="2_2701837_-4_200" style="vertical-align: middle; margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 3px;">
7:00 PM115084UNDERu4-250<input type="checkbox" name="text_" value="3_2701837_4_-250" style="vertical-align: middle; margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 3px;">
2017 NBA DRAFT - DRAFT POSITION - JONATHAN ISAAC
Jun 22115085OVERo6+105<input type="checkbox" name="text_" value="2_2701838_-6_105" style="vertical-align: middle; margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 3px;">
7:00 PM115086UNDERu6-135<input type="checkbox" name="text_" value="3_2701838_6_-135" style="vertical-align: middle; margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 3px;">
2017 NBA DRAFT - DRAFT POSITION - DENNIS SMITH JR
Jun 22115093OVERo8½-115<input type="checkbox" name="text_" value="2_2702785_-8.5_-115" style="vertical-align: middle; margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 3px;">
7:00 PM115094UNDERu8½-115<input type="checkbox" name="text_" value="3_2702785_8.5_-115" style="vertical-align: middle; margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 3px;">
2017 NBA DRAFT - DRAFT POSITION - FRANK NTILIKINA
Jun 22115095OVERo9½+160<input type="checkbox" name="text_" value="2_2702786_-9.5_160" style="vertical-align: middle; margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 3px;">
7:00 PM115096UNDERu9½-200<input type="checkbox" name="text_" value="3_2702786_9.5_-200" style="vertical-align: middle; margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 3px;">
2017 NBA DRAFT - DRAFT POSITION - LAURI MARKANNEN
Jun 22115097OVERo7½-175<input type="checkbox" name="text_" value="2_2702788_-7.5_-175" style="vertical-align: middle; margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 3px;">
7:00 PM115098UNDERu7½+140<input type="checkbox" name="text_" value="3_2702788_7.5_140" style="vertical-align: middle; margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 3px;">
2017 NBA DRAFT - DRAFT POSITION - MALIK MONK
Jun 22115099OVERo7½-150<input type="checkbox" name="text_" value="2_2702790_-7.5_-150" style="vertical-align: middle; margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 3px;">
7:00 PM115100UNDERu7½+120<input type="checkbox" name="text_" value="3_2702790_7.5_120" style="vertical-align: middle; margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 3px;">
2017 NBA DRAFT - DRAFT POSITION - HARRY GILES
Jun 22115117OVERo15½-250<input type="checkbox" name="text_" value="2_2703028_-15.5_-250" style="vertical-align: middle; margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 3px;">
7:00 PM115118UNDERu15½+200<input type="checkbox" name="text_" value="3_2703028_15.5_200" style="vertical-align: middle; margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 3px;">
2017 NBA DRAFT - DRAFT POSITION - JUSTIN JACKSON
Jun 22115119OVERo19½+140<input type="checkbox" name="text_" value="2_2703029_-19.5_140" style="vertical-align: middle; margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 3px;">
7:00 PM115120UNDERu19½-175<input type="checkbox" name="text_" value="3_2703029_19.5_-175" style="vertical-align: middle; margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 3px;">
2017 NBA DRAFT - DRAFT POSITION - CALEB SWANIGAN
Jun 22115121OVERo32½-120<input type="checkbox" name="text_" value="2_2703030_-32.5_-120" style="vertical-align: middle; margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 3px;">
7:00 PM115122UNDERu32½-110<input type="checkbox" name="text_" value="3_2703030_32.5_-110" style="vertical-align: middle; margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 3px;">
2017 NBA DRAFT - DRAFT POSITION - JOSH HART
Jun 22115125OVERo39½+120<input type="checkbox" name="text_" value="2_2703034_-39.5_120" style="vertical-align: middle; margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 3px;">
7:00 PM115126UNDERu39½-150<input type="checkbox" name="text_" value="3_2703034_39.5_-150" style="vertical-align: middle; margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 3px;">
2017 NBA DRAFT - DRAFT POSITION - FRANK MASON III
Jun 22115127OVERo48½+120<input type="checkbox" name="text_" value="2_2703036_-48.5_120" style="vertical-align: middle; margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 3px;">
7:00 PM115128UNDERu48½-150

<tbody>
</tbody>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamsone19
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com