Forum: OFFSHORE FORUM - Online Sportsbetting - Mentioned in NY TIMES, WSJ, USA TODAY, & DRF. The internet's most popular and busiest sports betting forum. The place to discuss all kinds of sports and gambling related subjects.

Thread: Pancreatic Cancer

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-galunga. DNoonan's Avatar
    You are a strong man buddylou...hang in there sir....try to stay positive and fight, fight fight brother

don't overlook the things you can do to compliment traditional treatments

diet, stress and attitude can have a huge impact on the body's ability to battle

be good brother and thanks for posting. You may save someone's life by spreading the word.

rooting for you buddy! Fight fight fight!

Sorry to hear. Stay strong!!!

RX Junior
    I would also look into "Phoenix Tears".........I've read numerous accounts of it shrinking tumors/curing cancer. Good luck, you're in all our thoughts and prayers!

RX Junior
    Be strong. Fight hard, eat good healthy food, exercise as much as you can, get rid of any stupid stress in your life. Check out some holistic options, get other options from other Doctors. Best wishes,

damn, best of luck on the rest of the journey whatever it may be

RX Wizard
    Thanks for sharing your story Buddylou, hope your free of pain and comfortable enjoying the love and support from your family and friends.

RX Wizard
    buddylou, hope all is well.

Not an oncologist, sharing some information that may be of interest. Consider researching and speaking with your oncologist about its merits.

If I were diagnosed with cancer or a loved one i'd immediately change/recommend cellular fuels. Cancer cells run on glucose (and to some extent glutamine ). Starve the fuckers. Don't give them glucose. Normal cells will not starve , die out- they are adaptable and will use your fat storage and dietary fat to run on ketones. Ketosis, a normal body process. A ketogenic diet (high in fats) has been shown to have a positive effect on decreasing tumour growth. In N America, two leaders of research in this field are: Thomas Seyfield and Dr D'Agostino (google them). Unfortuantely 2/3rds of medical research is paid by big pharma- a ketogenic diet cant be patented so its hard to fund. There is some research out there and if memory serves me well there are 2 clinics boasting +ve results (England/Turkey). I believe there is a study that shows chemotherapy + a ketogenic diet is statistically significantly better than chemotherapy alone (an animal study).

a very quick way to get into ketosis is fasting for 3-5 days. The body MUST use the fat stores; run on ketones, not glucose

Pinarello (Paris) 2012 , dura-ace c50, shimano ultegra Di2

RX Senior
    Not sure if it would help but I've heard people rave about the raw food diet and how it made them feel so much better.

Crazy to me we have a cure for every disease known to man except cancer. Isn't it like the #3 leading cause of death? How is it that research for it has been going on for this long and no real answer? The process, plus the money. I think they have a cure, but there is far more of an incentive to make you go the longer route. Money is what drives this country. I would most likely probably go to a different country to get treated. I don't trust these money sucking companies here. It's all big business here.

RX Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricboff View Post
    buddylou, hope all is well.

Not an oncologist, sharing some information that may be of interest. Consider researching and speaking with your oncologist about its merits.

If I were diagnosed with cancer or a loved one i'd immediately change/recommend cellular fuels. Cancer cells run on glucose (and to some extent glutamine ). Starve the fuckers. Don't give them glucose. Normal cells will not starve , die out- they are adaptable and will use your fat storage and dietary fat to run on ketones. Ketosis, a normal body process. A ketogenic diet (high in fats) has been shown to have a positive effect on decreasing tumour growth. In N America, two leaders of research in this field are: Thomas Seyfield and Dr D'Agostino (google them). Unfortuantely 2/3rds of medical research is paid by big pharma- a ketogenic diet cant be patented so its hard to fund. There is some research out there and if memory serves me well there are 2 clinics boasting +ve results (England/Turkey). I believe there is a study that shows chemotherapy + a ketogenic diet is statistically significantly better than chemotherapy alone (an animal study).

a very quick way to get into ketosis is fasting for 3-5 days. The body MUST use the fat stores; run on ketones, not glucose

Does the Atkins diet accomplish this?

RX Junior
    Not to the same extent.............There are many sites on a ketosis diet. I was on one last year and lost 36 lbs in 2 1/2 months. About 1 lb a day in the beginning, then it slowed up some. Felt great after the 1st week or so..........

RX SemiGod
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobdeeper7239 View Post
    Crazy to me we have a cure for every disease known to man except cancer. Isn't it like the #3 leading cause of death? How is it that research for it has been going on for this long and no real answer? The process, plus the money. I think they have a cure, but there is far more of an incentive to make you go the longer route. Money is what drives this country. I would most likely probably go to a different country to get treated. I don't trust these money sucking companies here. It's all big business here.
    Cancer is very specific - we've made a lot of progress in certain types of cancers - other types of cancers are basically hopeless - also, catching cancer early before it spreads is a big factor

"Quitting when you're ahead isn't the same as quitting" daboyzinblue's Avatar
    So sorry to hear this. Stay strong brother. Godspeed

RX Member
    Interesting information Ricboff. This contradicts what I have been doing. I eliminated all sugar products over 2 years ago to try to ward off Diabetes which runs hard in my family. Yet I still got this cancer. Had my 2nd round of chemo yesterday and actually feeling better now than I did a few weeks ago. I have gained 3 pounds the past couple of weeks (205). I read most people lose a lot of weight during this process. My goal is the opposite, gain as much as possible. Don't know if this will help but losing don't seem to be the answer.

RX Wizard
    Quote Originally Posted by dtmad View Post
    Does the Atkins diet accomplish this?
    I can't speak for thoroughly on this diet, havent researched it. From a quick google search: getting into ketosis AND maintaining IS NOT ITS intent. Albeit, it may occur in participants, transiently. Rather, Dr Atkins (an American cardiologist) focused on balancing the major food groups. He clearly did not agree with the US recommended food pyramid. And wanted to use diet as a weapon to ward off disease and treat disease.

in a ketogenic diet there is an attempt to run the body on ketones, not glucose. Kinda like goign to the gas station; instead of choosing fuel A, you choose B. You must keep using B, to do so you consistently choose FUEL B(eat foods that r rich in fat, the body CANT run on glucose as its just not getting it , it'll adapt)

ketostixs are a quick way to check if your body is running on ketones

https://www.amazon.ca/s/?ie=UTF8&key...l_5ti0v5xuua_b

a ketogenic diet is very restrictive. But it has its merits..

You have a lot of support here buddylou. On diet, I watched this documentary on Netflix a couple years ago and found it to be interesting. It is focused on a diet based complimentary therapy.

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/beautiful-truth/

they have it available on netflix i think. Here is a YouTube video that talks about it

https://youtu.be/ShqKk3fasZA

sending good vibes your way!

RX Wizard
    Quote Originally Posted by buddylou View Post
    Interesting information Ricboff. This contradicts what I have been doing. I eliminated all sugar products over 2 years ago to try to ward off Diabetes which runs hard in my family. Yet I still got this cancer. Had my 2nd round of chemo yesterday and actually feeling better now than I did a few weeks ago. I have gained 3 pounds the past couple of weeks (205). I read most people lose a lot of weight during this process. My goal is the opposite, gain as much as possible. Don't know if this will help but losing don't seem to be the answer.

glad you are feeling well, . I am, reluctantly, going to respond to your post. Forgive me, I cant help myself

what you are implying, sir, is that your changes to a LOWER sugar diet did no difference in health issues as you were diagnosed with pancreatic cancer despite efforts to eat clean, get to a healthier body weight. In the current literature, causation of cancers is morphing; use to be 'genetic mutations'. Now we are adding metabolic dysfunction . Please understand your cancer was NOT diagnosed at its early stages; medicine in N America doesnt emphasize prevention (not enough money it in). The date of the origin of your cancer was when? NOBODY knows. To finally arrive at a definitive diagnosis means MASSIVE damage as the pancreas hides itself

There is NO evidence in the literature that GAINING FAT is an effective means to treat disease. The overwhelming research is against this. JUST SAYING, COOL? You did mention earlier that you will treat this on your terms....respect this.

my post about the ketogenic diet was that its available as a TOOL that MAY aid in treating disease

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4215472/

Good discussion guys. Buddy I would look into what Ricboff is saying here. I think you want to keep your weight up in general but by supercharging your diet with healthy stuff your body has to work a lot less to process everything and has the power and availability to focus on fighting. Have you considered medical mj for now or in the future? Are you in a state that allows?

RX Wizard
    a good discussion indeed, agreed

let's not forget his intent of this thread was to educate. That his experience could help another;

'If this post can just save the life of one person on here I would be very happy'

RX Wizard
    again, we NEED money to fund shit. There is limited research on modalities that can't be patented; why spend money on money on something that you CANT profit on? would YOU?

https://nutritionandmetabolism.biome.../1743-7075-4-5

again, not on oncologist, just sharing AVAILABLE research. This isn't your cancer type, i know, but equally aggressive. Have a chat with your oncologist, he/she should should be most up to date

no more from me....i promise..........

RX Member
    I have a question that's been bothering me for some time. My sister-in-law was diagnosed with Uterine Cancer 3 years ago. Some surgery and chemo. They say now from a blood test that the cancer is no longer there (although the doctor said this type of cancer will likely occur in the next few years). The point is they did a blood test to check for cancer. So why isn't a yearly blood test to check for cancer part of an annual physical?

RX Senior
    because there is no single biomarker for every single cancer, and not all cancers have a reliable biomarker. if there was a test they could do every year with great accuracy they would because it would generate a lot of revenue.

as for the ketogenic diets, i mean, it certainly can't hurt because his time is so limited but there's a reason why you don't read about such articles in medical textbooks. it's completely based on theory from rudimentary college level fundamentals of biochemistry.

usa medicine not focused on prevention? what do you think obamacare was for? expanding coverage was supposed to increase primary care visits.
    prevention is not just the doctor. he can't provide transportation to healthy and affordable food to all his patients let alone get the ones who are working double shifts more time to cook at home. there are a number of socioeconomic factors contributing to the failure of primary care medicine, but i have to say it's mostly choice and reluctance to actually change the lifestyle that crosses all wage gaps. people have a right to live the way they want to live, and shouldn't be micromanaged, for better or for worse.

luckily the current younger generation focused on instagram and yoga pants might actually give us a chance as the obsession with being healthy and eating from farm to table is a thing now.

RX SemiGod
    Good points halekulani. Thanks to ALL for your contributions. Cancer is so pervasive that it will likely affect all of us eventually either directly or indirectly through family or friends. Appreciate the education.

RX Member
    Stay strong man, I know how it feels myself... never stop fighting... NEVER

RX Wizard
    I recently read a book about a lady who had
    multiple sclerosis for like 17 years i think - and was in a wheelchair-
    no doctor could help her -- so she helped herself - -
    and beat the thing - -

alot of it had to do with a change in diet -
    and a change in mindset - but diet first and foremost -
    somehow i think it may help here at some point.

The name of the book is : The Wahls Protocol by Terry Wahls MD.