Forum: OFFSHORE FORUM - Online Sportsbetting - Mentioned in NY TIMES, WSJ, USA TODAY, & DRF. The internet's most popular and busiest sports betting forum. The place to discuss all kinds of sports and gambling related subjects.

Thread: Pancreatic Cancer

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    RX Member
    Had a CT scan done yesterday after my first round of chemo. Wont find out until Tuesday when I visit the DR to find out the results. Have developed a cough lately but don't have a cold. I fear it may have spread to my lungs. Things I used to enjoy doing I am not doing them now because of the cancer and chemo. Football has started and I always would enjoy having a few mixed drinks on the weekends. Does anyone know if this would cause much harm, would really like to start enjoying a few things again. Have chemo treatments on Tuesdays. I have not had one drink since they found the cancer.

Did you ever look into cbd treatment? It would even help with chemo.

RX Member
    Went to my appointment yesterday and got the results from my scan. No spread no decrease. Was a little scared it was spreading but was hoping it was decreasing. So I guess I am ok with the results. Maybe buying me a little more time. Went through another chemo treatment yesterday. Doctor wants to try another round of chemo in hopes it keeps staying in check. I am still feeling pretty well I do have a few days I feel a little sickly but really cant complain about my quality of life so far. Don't know how long he can keep this in check but I will take every extra day I can get. Thanks for all your prayers men I think the big guy upstairs is listening!

RX Local
    Quote Originally Posted by buddylou View Post
    Went to my appointment yesterday and got the results from my scan. No spread no decrease. Was a little scared it was spreading but was hoping it was decreasing. So I guess I am ok with the results. Maybe buying me a little more time. Went through another chemo treatment yesterday. Doctor wants to try another round of chemo in hopes it keeps staying in check. I am still feeling pretty well I do have a few days I feel a little sickly but really cant complain about my quality of life so far. Don't know how long he can keep this in check but I will take every extra day I can get. Thanks for all your prayers men I think the big guy upstairs is listening!
    Stay positive Buddy. Thanks for the update.

Conservatives, Patriots & Huskies return to glory Willie99's Avatar
    Home of Foxwoods, Mohegan Sun & Looney Libs
    Praying for you Lou, stay strong
    "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter". Winston Churchill "A rising tide raises all boats". JFK

RX Wizard
    Thanks for the update . As I'm sure you asked your oncologist , amount of alcohol intake should be cleared with him/her ( u asked about this earlier ) . Certain chemotherapeutic meds don't work so well in the presence of alcohol. That said to increase appetite some doctors do recommend a glass of wine . Again all to be cleared by your treating physician.

Enjoy the beautiful day ..glad you're well
    Pinarello (Paris) 2012 , dura-ace c50, shimano ultegra Di2

RX Member
    I made a mixed drink on Saturday and couldn't finish it. I don't know did not taste the same and gave me a belly ache. I believe my drinking days are done.

Heartbreaking to read what you are going through. I hope you have a group of loved ones who are able to give you support when needed. I don't know if you have access to medicinal weed, but that might help. I'll be rooting for you to kick this thing in the ass.

My prayers are with you too Lou.

Thanks Lou for the update

Hey anything that works to keep it in check is worth it's weight in Gold.

I agree with Ric, you should ask your doctor if you can drink. He will be able to tell you.

Just stay strong bud, you can beat this Mothrfuker...

Our Prayers are with you

B/Lou........thank you for the update buddy.........prayers are with you and your family during this tough period......I know
    how rough it is with the chemo and the after effects, stay in there buddy, you can beat this.........indy

RX Member
    Actually I don't think the chemo is to bad. Makes me a little tired and sometimes an upset belly but the worse thing it really ruins your taste for some foods especially meats which I used too love.

RX Senior
    no spread on the ct counts as a W for me
    keep up with the happy thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Shub View Post
    Did you ever look into cbd treatment? It would even help with chemo.
    ?

RX SemiGod
    Another prayer for ya buddy.

Glad to hear that things haven't been as bad as you anticipated.

RX Wizard
    you are beating this thing - -- keep winning buddylou

Try some natural stuff like noni juice or aceii juice. I've heard of this stuff making rumors shrink and even disappear. Good luck man!

Super Moderator
    A Good Head & A Good Heart Are Always A Formidable Combination
    buddy don't stop being strog! Prayers can be answered!

RX Member
    Had a bad week. I picked up a cold, a lot of coughing, sweating than shivering episodes and a severe shoulder pain that came out of nowhere. I could not eat much, felt full all the time. Starting to feel better today after chemo yesterday. Was wondering how long a person can stay on chemo. Doc told me 2 more treatments and than a break. I would guess eventually the cancer wins out over the chemo because I don't think it can keep it in check forever. I would be all right with that though. I have visited some web sites that say If you can survive a year from diagnosis you have done well with the type and stage of my cancer. I know they are just stats, every person is different and I believe I will destroy this stat by years.

Conservatives, Patriots & Huskies return to glory Willie99's Avatar
    Home of Foxwoods, Mohegan Sun & Looney Libs
    My Mom was winning with chemo back in 2013. Her ovarian cancer had regressed to the point where the doctors at Yale New Haven suggested surgery was her best option for long term survival. She never regained enough strength after surgery to restart chemo and the cancer returned and killed her with a few months.

I'm telling you this because (1) the chemo was working and (2) she may be alive today if she never had the surgery. I know she would have certainly lived longer and she would of had many better months.

It's my only first hand experience with cancer, but I know chemo works. I'm not giving any advice, I'm not qualified to do such, I'm just sharing my mom's story

All the best, stay strong

PS: I also know there will be good and bad days, even when you're winning, so your experiences are nothing out of the ordinary
    "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter". Winston Churchill "A rising tide raises all boats". JFK

My mom found out she had liver cancer on a Friday and was dead 8 days later. Sigh.

Look into CBD treatment

RX Senior
    Had a bad week. I picked up a cold, a lot of coughing, sweating than shivering episodes and a severe shoulder pain that came out of nowhere. I could not eat much, felt full all the time. Starting to feel better today after chemo yesterday. Was wondering how long a person can stay on chemo. Doc told me 2 more treatments and than a break. I would guess eventually the cancer wins out over the chemo because I don't think it can keep it in check forever. I would be all right with that though. I have visited some web sites that say If you can survive a year from diagnosis you have done well with the type and stage of my cancer. I know they are just stats, every person is different and I believe I will destroy this stat by years.
    there is such thing is maintenance chemo but you and your doc are right in that your body does need a break every now and then. maintenance chemo itself is not as heavy as the regimen you're probably receiving now. it will ward off the cancer from growing further as long as it can.

Cbd

Quote Originally Posted by Shub View Post
    Look into CBD treatment
    +1