Forum: OFFSHORE FORUM - Online Sportsbetting - Mentioned in NY TIMES, WSJ, USA TODAY, & DRF. The internet's most popular and busiest sports betting forum. The place to discuss all kinds of sports and gambling related subjects.

Thread: Pancreatic Cancer

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1. #1 Pancreatic Cancer 
    RX Member
    Started having stomach pains about 4 months ago. I thought it was nothing serious, pains were not too bad so I started taking over the counter drugs to fix the problem. Tried this for about 2 months and hadn't got no better. I hate going to doctors but finally decided to go. Dr. checked me over thought it could be an acid or gas problem and gave me a prescription for it. He said if this doesn't work after a few weeks come back because it could be a gall bladder problem then. Over the next few weeks started noticing the pains move around in my abdomen not bad, kind of like a dull poking pains that came and went. I also started having worse pains in my right back under the shoulder blade that was making going to sleep at night hard. Went back to the dr. who gave me an MRI on gall bladder to check for stones. No stones found but he said the was another test he could run to see if it was functioning properly. Had that test done and found out my gall bladder was only functioning at 25%. Was kind of relieved at this point thinking just remove the gall bladder and problem solved. About a week before my surgery noticed my urine getting real dark and my stool was gray thought it was just a symptom of the bad gall bladder. Last Tuesday had my gall bladder removed after surgery the dr. said he found a couple of "Nodules" on my pancreas and removed them to send them in to check for cancer. 2 days later I was admitted into the hospital my bile was backing up, my eyes were yellow, there was a blockage that had to have a stent put in. while in the hospital they confirmed it was pancreas cancer which had spread to my stomach. As you may know this cancer is fast and aggressive with no long term survival rate. They said chemo would slow it down for a while to give me a little extra time. Had my first chemo treatment yesterday. Believe me I don't want to die but I am ok with this now. I am 54 I have a chance now with the time I have remaining to try and live a better life and to reunite with the Lord. I am worried about my wife though she is taking it pretty hard. I will spend as much time as I can with her until the end. Did not post this looking for pity or anything like that. A lot of you guys have been my friends here for years. I hope that If you or anyone you know have any symptoms like the ones I had get checked right away for cancer. Do not wait, with this one you need to catch it Quick. If this post can just save the life of one person on here I would be very happy. Today I am actually feeling pretty good, I imagine there will be both good and bad days now. Will try to keep you updated regularly on my journey. They did not give me a time table and did not ask for one. I will just take it a day at a time. Best of luck and health to everyone here.

B/lou........so sorry to hear of your physical problems........my prayers are with you and your family...........thank you for your thought's and info...........indy

RX Senior
    So sorry to hear this. Sending prayers for strength and recovery during this tough time. Cancer sucks!!!

RX Wizard
    Sorry to hear this -- I will pray for a miracle healing for you buddylou

Conservatives, Patriots & Huskies return to glory Willie99's Avatar
    Home of Foxwoods, Mohegan Sun & Looney Libs
    I'm sorry and saddened for you Lou. I wish you and yours all the best.

I'll say a prayer for you

Godspeed
    "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter". Winston Churchill "A rising tide raises all boats". JFK

Their undisputed masterpiece is "Hip to be Square." The Falls's Avatar
    This is brutal! Time is short...you have at least inspired me to live better for everyone around me now! This can be beaten no matter what the stats say.

Don't ever stop fighting....you're in our thoughts!

Thanks for sharing, Buddy. Wish you the best of luck. I'm familiar with the prognosis but believe the human mind is a powerful thing. Stay as positive as you can. Easier said than done, I understand.

Very sorry to hear this and prayers go out to You and your Family.

I know everyone is different, but have a friend who's in his 70's diagnosed with Pancreatic cancer.

again I know Everyone is different, but after going through a Whipple, after that he went for chemo & Radiation.
    this guy use to smoke 2 packs of cigs, and drink a Ton.
    He's doing much better, not sure at what level. But he was left for dead a few months ago, and now even went back to work.

Stay Strong !

Super Moderator
    A Good Head & A Good Heart Are Always A Formidable Combination
    Buddy don't give up my friend.

We wish you & your family all the best.

RX Wizard
    sharing your experience in an effort to alert others is very kind, selfless. Speaks volumes. Seems you have found peace. Keep battling, read as much as you can, don't be afraid to reach out for help. I hope the below link can be of some use. Fantastic site

https://www.pancan.org/

continue to encourage your wife, hope she moves with strength
    Pinarello (Paris) 2012 , dura-ace c50, shimano ultegra Di2

best wishes

RX Local
    I am so sorry to hear this news. Keep fighting Lou and never give up.

I know your friends from the RX will be thinking of you throughout your journey.

You have courage. Keep fighting it. I had a Grandfather beat that cancer and lived for another 15 years after he was diagnosed. So it's possible to beat it. I will you keep you in my thoughts and prayers. God bless.

I'm very sorry to hear this buddylou. I lost my uncle approx 2 years ago to the same thing. My prayers are with you, and I hope you can beat it. I'm glad to hear you are getting right with the Lord, that's the most important thing. God bless.

You are in our thoughts and prayers Lou.

RX Senior
    Very sorry to hear that buddylou!

I wish you and your family the best! My thoughts and prayers are with you guys!

Buddylou,

Thanks for sharing such a difficult diagnosis with us.

Keep the positive attitude and keep fighting.

It sucks but you can do it, just do all the little things you can. I just got done beating a rare cancer this year. I had a 30% chance, and I beat it. Not without loss though, I'm disabled from the surgery, but I can still do a lot of things. Try to stay positive, it's easier said than done and some days are just terrible, but it can be defeated.

Official Rx music critic and beer snob FairWarning's Avatar
    Keep fighting Buddy, a positive attitude is needed to fight it.

I quit gambling for the rest of 2017. Greenbacks's Avatar
    Prays buddy....Hang tough.

god bless you

RX Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by buddylou View Post
    Started having stomach pains about 4 months ago. I thought it was nothing serious, pains were not too bad so I started taking over the counter drugs to fix the problem. Tried this for about 2 months and hadn't got no better. I hate going to doctors but finally decided to go. Dr. checked me over thought it could be an acid or gas problem and gave me a prescription for it. He said if this doesn't work after a few weeks come back because it could be a gall bladder problem then. Over the next few weeks started noticing the pains move around in my abdomen not bad, kind of like a dull poking pains that came and went. I also started having worse pains in my right back under the shoulder blade that was making going to sleep at night hard. Went back to the dr. who gave me an MRI on gall bladder to check for stones. No stones found but he said the was another test he could run to see if it was functioning properly. Had that test done and found out my gall bladder was only functioning at 25%. Was kind of relieved at this point thinking just remove the gall bladder and problem solved. About a week before my surgery noticed my urine getting real dark and my stool was gray thought it was just a symptom of the bad gall bladder. Last Tuesday had my gall bladder removed after surgery the dr. said he found a couple of "Nodules" on my pancreas and removed them to send them in to check for cancer. 2 days later I was admitted into the hospital my bile was backing up, my eyes were yellow, there was a blockage that had to have a stent put in. while in the hospital they confirmed it was pancreas cancer which had spread to my stomach. As you may know this cancer is fast and aggressive with no long term survival rate. They said chemo would slow it down for a while to give me a little extra time. Had my first chemo treatment yesterday. Believe me I don't want to die but I am ok with this now. I am 54 I have a chance now with the time I have remaining to try and live a better life and to reunite with the Lord. I am worried about my wife though she is taking it pretty hard. I will spend as much time as I can with her until the end. Did not post this looking for pity or anything like that. A lot of you guys have been my friends here for years. I hope that If you or anyone you know have any symptoms like the ones I had get checked right away for cancer. Do not wait, with this one you need to catch it Quick. If this post can just save the life of one person on here I would be very happy. Today I am actually feeling pretty good, I imagine there will be both good and bad days now. Will try to keep you updated regularly on my journey. They did not give me a time table and did not ask for one. I will just take it a day at a time. Best of luck and health to everyone here.

Stop screwing around go to mayo clinic, md anderson in houston, cleveland clinic or u of m hospital

you must get the whipple surgery done.asap.......5 hour surgery they take the gall bladder out plus cut the head of the pancreas plus take out the duodenum and a little stomach....asap..........good luck

schmuck
    had a friend diagnosed with this less than a year ago. the first thing he did was
    go to the clinic in houston. he's on chemo now and other forms of treatment.
    at this point things are relatively ok, but this is one tough mother to fight.
    good luck, lou.

Banned
    Stay strong man and may God bless you and your family.