Forum: College Football Forum - Sponsored by:

Thread: Going the The Big House?

  1. #1 Going the The Big House? 
    RX Wizard
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    7,627
    The Coast Guard is sending me to Detroit the weekend of Sept 8th for a conference. The Tigers are not in town, but Michigan has a home game vs. Cincinnati at noon (unless it changes). I'll probably have to attend a formal dinner that evening, but w/ a noon start I'm hoping I can get to the game and back. Also, on Sunday, the Lions have their season opener.

    Anyhow, Michigan will be fresh off an ass-whippin by Florida in Dallas so I figure tickets shouldn't be hard to come by!! :D As a CFB fan, I'd love to get to a game there...

    Any thoughts? Any Michigan folks here w/ advice?

    Thanks!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    RX SemiGod
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Roll Tide
    Posts
    11,084
    Coach, I and my redneck gang here in Alabama appreciate your service SIR.

    Always have and will always have your back.

    HUGE game for Florida with this opener...HUGE if we are talking about Gator football.

    Hell, Coach...they need to win this game...for many reasons.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    RX Wizard
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    7,627
    Quote Originally Posted by cloverleaf View Post
    Coach, I and my redneck gang here in Alabama appreciate your service SIR.

    Always have and will always have your back.

    HUGE game for Florida with this opener...HUGE if we are talking about Gator football.

    Hell, Coach...they need to win this game...for many reasons.
    If McElwain loses this one, the season could get ugly. If UF gets blown out....ooooof! It could get really, really ugly! I'm not sold on McElwain yet - the jury is still out. But if he doesn't get his shit together recruiting he'll write his own ticket out of town. He also needs to cut ties w/ the OC - Nussmeir. The guy stinks and has put 3 consecutive 100+ ranked offenses on the field (2 at UF and 1 at Michigan)....and got fired by Saban (although he allegedly left on his own terms....yeah, right!).

    Anyhow, anybody got inputs on going to a game at Michigan?!?!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    RX Senior EasyMoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,178
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachCB View Post
    The Coast Guard is sending me to Detroit the weekend of Sept 8th for a conference. The Tigers are not in town, but Michigan has a home game vs. Cincinnati at noon (unless it changes). I'll probably have to attend a formal dinner that evening, but w/ a noon start I'm hoping I can get to the game and back. Also, on Sunday, the Lions have their season opener.

    Anyhow, Michigan will be fresh off an ass-whippin by Florida in Dallas so I figure tickets shouldn't be hard to come by!! :D As a CFB fan, I'd love to get to a game there...

    Any thoughts? Any Michigan folks here w/ advice?

    Thanks!
    1. this isn't rich rods wolverines. you can get tickets sure, but there will be 110,000 people there.
    2.the stadium is only like 30ish minutes from the airport and Ann Arbor is a fantastic city.
    3. the last time Harbaugh's Michigan team played florida the score was 41-7
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    RX Wizard
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    7,627
    Quote Originally Posted by EasyMoney View Post
    1. this isn't rich rods wolverines. you can get tickets sure, but there will be 110,000 people there.
    2.the stadium is only like 30ish minutes from the airport and Ann Arbor is a fantastic city.
    3. the last time Harbaugh's Michigan team played florida the score was 41-7
    1. They're playing Cincinnati, so I figure there will be tickets available.
    2. That's good to hear, I'm staying at a Sheraton about 30 minutes from the airport....but I'll have a rental car. Looking forward to checking out Ann Arbor.
    3. Yes, please don't remind me. Jim McElwain has lost 8 games as UF's coach....all by blowouts. It's pathetic. I hope I go to Ann Arbor with a victory the previous week in Dallas...but I'm not holding my breath (UF has no identity....they have not had a "good" or even servicable QB since Tebow's last season in 2009. McElwain needs to get his shit together. He was hired to fix the offense...and has produced 2 worse offenses that what Muschamp put on the field!).

    Thanks for the thoughts...
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    avoid BetEast at all costs! rolltide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    23,687
    Ann Arbor is a sweet little town. several microbreweries, great restaurants, but not really very walker-friendly from downtown Ann Arbor to stadium (maybe 1.25-1.5 miles...similar to Bryant-Denny to downtown Tuscaloosa). The stadium is pretty wild as it's cut into a hill so not your typical stadium that you can see from miles away. would definitely check it out. love that town especially if you get there from driving through the shithole of Ypsilanti
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    RX Senior EasyMoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,178
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachCB View Post
    1. They're playing Cincinnati, so I figure there will be tickets available.
    2. That's good to hear, I'm staying at a Sheraton about 30 minutes from the airport....but I'll have a rental car. Looking forward to checking out Ann Arbor.
    3. Yes, please don't remind me. Jim McElwain has lost 8 games as UF's coach....all by blowouts. It's pathetic. I hope I go to Ann Arbor with a victory the previous week in Dallas...but I'm not holding my breath (UF has no identity....they have not had a "good" or even servicable QB since Tebow's last season in 2009. McElwain needs to get his shit together. He was hired to fix the offense...and has produced 2 worse offenses that what Muschamp put on the field!).

    Thanks for the thoughts...
    I think both of our teams are pretty young this year. I know Michigan is the least experianced team in college football. With that said the front 7 should still be pretty good and the qb returns. The game in Dallas should be a pretty decent game but might be kind of sloppy by both teams.

    I'm sure finding tickets won't be a big problem and they shouldn't be that expensive for a game against cincy. But tickets are way more in demand now then they were 4-5 years ago. Also parking can be a bit of a pain in the ass as to be expected for any event that has 110,000 plus people there. Wander around the campus for a bit if you get the chance, it's beautiful. The law library is absolutely gorgeous. I love looking at all of the old college campuses.
    Also Ann Arbor is a damn good food city if you plan on eating around there.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    RX Senior EasyMoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,178
    CB,
    I just saw the Michigan ticket office is basically saying that tickets are in high demand and for the Cincy game all they have left are single seat tickets. Most other games are already completely sold out. Now I'm sure they still shouldn't be that hard to come across on some site like stub hub or something but prices may be higher then normal.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    RX Wizard
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    7,627
    Thanks EM! I have a buddy up there that can get tickets. So I'm hoping it's not an issue. I have to be back to Novi area by 6pm for a dinner that night though, hopefully that won't cause me to have to leave early.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    RX Wizard
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    6,185
    How do you get to Ann Arbor..??

    North until you smell it..

    then west until you step in it..!!!

    You guys should visit The Flame while there..that's where the Wolverine Football team hangs out..!!

    gl
    "I don't want to know the odds."..Luke Skywalker.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •