Forum: NBA Basketball Forum - Post your picks or discuss anything related to betting the NBA here.

Thread: Thoughts on Rookie of Year?

1. #1 Thoughts on Rookie of Year? 
    RX Senior
    I love the value of Fultz. +550 for the #1 pick, who will have tons of scoring opportunities. Tatum is having a better summer league, but he won't get the usage in Boston and has virtually no chance behind 3 other wings (Brown, Crowder, Hayward).

Ball, for reasons i don't get, is the fav at -250. Simmons probably should be the favorite at -300. But to me Fultz value is really good for the #1 overall pick. I know Simmons and Fultz could split votes, but that is the reason the value is so high. And Simmons can't shoot like Fultz...I see no reason why Fultz won't score at least 15 ppg.

http://www.oddsshark.com/nba/rookie-of-the-year-odds

• Lonzo Ball (LAL) +250
    • Ben Simmons (PHI) +300
    • Markelle Fultz (PHI) +550
    • De’Aaron Fox (SAC) +700
    • Dennis Smith (DAL) +700
    • Malik Monk (CHA) +900
    • Josh Jackson (PHX) +1200
    • Jayson Tatum (BOS) +1600
    • Jonathan Isaac (ORL) +2500
    • Justin Jackson (SAC) +3300
    • Lauri Markkanen (CHI) +3300
    • John Collins (ATL) +5000

RX Senior
    Some more up-to-date odds: https://sports.bovada.lv/search?query=rookie

Mostly the same though Smith has jumped past Fultz to + 500 and Ball is now +300

RX Senior
    DSJ definitely has to be the best bang for your buck. mavs aren't going to hold him back at all.

deaaron fox will be playing behind george hill unless they opt to go for a fox-hill backcourt, which fox will have to outperform by a significant margin to happen

dark horse is definitely utah's donovan mitchell. versatile defender (watch highlights of him defending jayson tatum) and will quickly rise through the ranks imo as he only really needs to take some of hood's minutes (hood is 6'8" and can be moved to the SF position as well). rubio/mitchell back court isn't insane either because you only gain defense. donovan mitchell could be this year's malcolm brogden if no other rookie really shines. playing with gobert (best pnr big in the league) will help create open looks and mitchell has a lot to gain from transition offense with rubio's passing if he plays alongside him.