Forum: Boxing, UFC, Mixed Martial Arts Forum - Picks, discussion and fighter analysis. This is TheRx's official fighting and combat forum.

Thread: J Jones as a fighter vs DC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 J Jones as a fighter vs DC 
    First off, I never cared for Jones and I have much dislike for the guy personally. I've been involved in MMA/boxing for 30+ years, so I will get to the point. Jones is a true HW who fails to fight in his own division. Yes, he has the great ability to drop much weight and put it back on (drug induced or not) in time. DC is a true HW and has fought some of the best in HW and beat them easily. Him coming down is not easy, but for Jones, he knows along with Dana that he would have no shot in the HW division. If you look back on all the fighters Jones beat, they were all smaller than him and some were 185 fighters who moved up to 205. His weight, height, and reach is all he had/has. He either had a draw with Gus or Gus beat him,...Gus was almost his exact size in height and reach and looked how that fight turned out. Be a man and fight in your own division, but HW would prove unlucky for him. He has spared with Alister and Arlovski, he was thrown and with ease. If he beats DC, it will be slim margin at best. He will not hurt DC. I believe DC is the all around better fighter career wise simple because of what he did in HW and what he is doing in LHW. Jones would not be able to beat any of the top 8 HW fighters. He would lose 13/15 of those fights I believe...

Champion : Stipe Miocic

She acts like everythings normal, while in her mind, she's already gone.

When you're broke, you Break New York Knight's Avatar
    LOL at people with this "fight in your own division" talk.

You can only make the HW point if Jones has trouble / struggles making 205 ........ Never does.

Also ... who are these great HW's you speak of that DC beat ??

Lucus Browne ?
    Tony Johnson ?
    Soa Palelei ?
    Jeff Monson ?
    Josh Barnett ?
    Bigfoot Silva ?
    Roy Nelson ?
    Frank Mir ?

lol ... Jones would spark all those guys

Quote Originally Posted by New York Knight View Post
    Also ... who are these great HW's you speak of that DC beat ??

Lucus Browne ?
    Tony Johnson ?
    Soa Palelei ?
    Jeff Monson ?
    Josh Barnett ?
    Bigfoot Silva ?
    Roy Nelson ?
    Frank Mir ?

lol ... Jones would spark all those guys
    He would lose 7 out of those 8. You have no idea the strength/power difference between LWH and HW and Jones has neither.

I know the difference and no way would he lose 7 out of 8 ... never. That's just silly talk.

You are biased against Jones to begin with, so of course you're right and I'm wrong about this topic.

Also IMO, Jones would beat more guys on that top 16 list than Fat Dan would.

Except for DC, all these other guys were mostly 185-205 at best

Win 22–1 Ovince Saint Preux Decision (unanimous) UFC 197 April 23, 2016 5 5:00 Las Vegas, Nevada, United States Won the interim UFC Light Heavyweight Championship. Later stripped of the title.
    Win 21–1 Daniel Cormier Decision (unanimous) UFC 182 January 3, 2015 5 5:00 Las Vegas, Nevada, United States Defended the UFC Light Heavyweight Championship. Fight of the Night. Later stripped of the title.
    Win 20–1 Glover Teixeira Decision (unanimous) UFC 172 April 26, 2014 5 5:00 Baltimore, Maryland, United States Defended the UFC Light Heavyweight Championship.
    Win 19–1 Alexander Gustafsson Decision (unanimous) UFC 165 September 21, 2013 5 5:00 Toronto, Ontario, Canada Defended the UFC Light Heavyweight Championship. Fight of the Night.
    Win 18–1 Chael Sonnen TKO (elbows and punches) UFC 159 April 27, 2013 1 4:33 Newark, New Jersey, United States Defended the UFC Light Heavyweight Championship.
    Win 17–1 Vitor Belfort Submission (americana) UFC 152 September 22, 2012 4 0:54 Toronto, Ontario, Canada Defended the UFC Light Heavyweight Championship. Submission of the Night.
    Win 16–1 Rashad Evans Decision (unanimous) UFC 145 April 21, 2012 5 5:00 Atlanta, Georgia, United States Defended the UFC Light Heavyweight Championship.
    Win 15–1 Lyoto Machida Technical Submission (standing guillotine choke) UFC 140 December 10, 2011 2 4:26 Toronto, Ontario, Canada Defended the UFC Light Heavyweight Championship. Fight of the Night.
    Win 14–1 Quinton Jackson Submission (rear-naked choke) UFC 135 September 24, 2011 4 1:14 Denver, Colorado, United States Defended the UFC Light Heavyweight Championship. Fight of the Night.
    Win 13–1 Maurício Rua TKO (punches and knees) UFC 128 March 19, 2011 3 2:37 Newark, New Jersey, United States Won the UFC Light Heavyweight Championship.
    Win 12–1 Ryan Bader Submission (guillotine choke) UFC 126 February 5, 2011 2 4:20 Las Vegas, Nevada, United States Submission of the Night.
    Win 11–1 Vladimir Matyushenko TKO (elbows) UFC Live: Jones vs. Matyushenko August 1, 2010 1 1:52 San Diego, California, United States
    Win 10–1 Brandon Vera TKO (elbow and punches) UFC Live: Vera vs. Jones March 21, 2010 1 3:19 Broomfield, Colorado, United States Knockout of the Night.
    Loss 9–1 Matt Hamill DQ (illegal elbows) The Ultimate Fighter: Heavyweights Finale December 5, 2009 1 4:14 Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
    Win 9–0 Jake O'Brien Submission (guillotine choke) UFC 100 July 11, 2009 2 2:43 Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
    Win 8–0 Stephan Bonnar Decision (unanimous) UFC 94 January 31, 2009 3 5:00 Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
    Win 7–0 André Gusmão Decision (unanimous) UFC 87 August 9, 2008 3 5:00 Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
    Win 6–0 Moyses Gabin TKO (punches) Battle Cage Xtreme 5 July 12, 2008 2 1:58 Atlantic City, New Jersey, United States Won the USKBA Light Heavyweight Championship.
    Win 5–0 Parker Porter KO (punch) World Championship Fighting 3 June 20, 2008 1 0:36 Wilmington, Massachusetts, United States
    Win 4–0 Ryan Verrett TKO (punches) USFL: War in the Woods 3 May 9, 2008 1 0:14 Ledyard, Connecticut, United States
    Win 3–0 Anthony Pina Submission (guillotine choke) Ice Fighter April 25, 2008 1 1:15 Worcester, Massachusetts, United States
    Win 2–0 Carlos Eduardo KO (punch) Battle Cage Xtreme 4 April 19, 2008 3 0:24 Atlantic City, New Jersey, United States Light Heavyweight debut.
    Win 1–0 Brad Bernard

Quote Originally Posted by New York Knight View Post
    I know the difference and no way would he lose 7 out of 8 ... never. That's just silly talk.

You are biased against Jones to begin with, so of course you're right and I'm wrong about this topic.

Also IMO, Jones would beat more guys on that top 16 list than Fat Dan would.
    Why isn't he there? The HW belt is where it is at. He is asking for Brock, he would get killed. That's stupid talk

Alister and AA threw him with ease, but no one wants to mention that either.

In December, Jones said he wants “to challenge for the heavyweight title.”
    “I know that I’m capable,” he told Joe Rogan on his podcast. “I just want to make sure I compete against the right stylistic matchup for me when I go to heavyweight and challenge for that title.”

"right stylistic matchup"

Why isn't he there? Because its not his weight division that's why.

All the guys he beat of course were 185-205 (give or take) ... that's the size of most fighters that fight LHW

He has owned 205 and the only reason you want him at HW is because you don't like him and want to see him lose.

Also HW belt is where its at???

It's by far the worst division in the UFC

RX Junior
    Jones wins easy.... my 2 cents. Don't really understand ur reasoning and fight math at all but appreciate ur angle.
    He did already beat him. Not that it means he can't lose.

RX Senior
    You've been involved with mma for 30 years and you have no clue what you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by anotherday? View Post
    first off, i never cared for jones and i have much dislike for the guy personally. I've been involved in mma/boxing for 30+ years, so i will get to the point. Jones is a true hw who fails to fight in his own division. Yes, he has the great ability to drop much weight and put it back on (drug induced or not) in time. Dc is a true hw and has fought some of the best in hw and beat them easily. Him coming down is not easy, but for jones, he knows along with dana that he would have no shot in the hw division. If you look back on all the fighters jones beat, they were all smaller than him and some were 185 fighters who moved up to 205. His weight, height, and reach is all he had/has. He either had a draw with gus or gus beat him,...gus was almost his exact size in height and reach and looked how that fight turned out. Be a man and fight in your own division, but hw would prove unlucky for him. He has spared with alister and arlovski, he was thrown and with ease. If he beats dc, it will be slim margin at best. He will not hurt dc. I believe dc is the all around better fighter career wise simple because of what he did in hw and what he is doing in lhw. Jones would not be able to beat any of the top 8 hw fighters. He would lose 13/15 of those fights i believe...

champion : stipe miocic

hhhaaaahhhhaaaaaaa hhhhhhhhaaaaaaa

fuking idiot

Quote Originally Posted by big wang View Post
    You've been involved with mma for 30 years and you have no clue what you are talking about.
    When he moves to HW, then come talk to me

RX Local
    How does AD only have 3k posts? I feel like I've read some version of "Jones is overrated because XYZ" from him atleast 2,900 times. "

"If he beats DC, it will be slim margin at best. He will not hurt DC." CHECK

Next up "He is asking for Brock. He would get killed."

Gotta be right eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan1283 View Post
    How does AD only have 3k posts? I feel like I've read some version of "Jones is overrated because XYZ" from him atleast 2,900 times. "

"If he beats DC, it will be slim margin at best. He will not hurt DC." CHECK

Next up "He is asking for Brock. He would get killed."

Gotta be right eventually.
    Your the close friend of that sissy Pats QB right?

DC was hurt once in 8 rounds, so be it. Talk to me when he fights in HW. Brock will be 41 if they fight, too old in the game for him

RX Local
    You just said Brock would kill him a few days ago. Now a few days later, he's "too old".....Way to keep that conviction.

Funny how that works once that the fight is a legit possibility. Good job walking it back.

You just said Brock would kill him a few days ago. Now a few days later, he's "too old".....Way to keep that conviction.

Funny how that works once that the fight is a legit possibility. Good job walking it back.
    Exactly. To add,he's also said Werdum would kill Jones,he's also 40,Arlovski would too,he's 38, Overeem,who's 37,and Mark Hunt,who's 43. I could go on,but we already know this dude is FOS...

Quote Originally Posted by MattyMatt View Post
    Exactly. To add,he's also said Werdum would kill Jones,he's also 40,Arlovski would too,he's 38, Overeem,who's 37,and Mark Hunt,who's 43. I could go on,but we already know this dude is FOS...
    Brock has not been a full-time fighter in 6 years and only had one fight in 6 years...those others mentioned above would have no problem with Jones

Quote Originally Posted by ANOTHERDAY? View Post
    Brock has not been a full-time fighter in 6 years and only had one fight in 6 years...those others mentioned above would have no problem with Jones
    6 years huh? Just yesterday Brock would smash Jones. You said it,not me,remember...

RX Local
    Seems like your 30 years in the sport caused you some permanent brain damage, which led to memory loss.

So let me direct you to post #8, where you say Brock will kill Jones.

Seems like your 30 years in the sport caused you some permanent brain damage, which led to memory loss.

So let me direct you to post #8, where you say Brock will kill Jones.
    That's stupid talk!