Forum: OFFSHORE FORUM - Online Sportsbetting - Mentioned in NY TIMES, WSJ, USA TODAY, & DRF. The internet's most popular and busiest sports betting forum. The place to discuss all kinds of sports and gambling related subjects.

Thread: Rate my fantasy teams

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. #1 Rate my fantasy teams 
    Not sure how I feel about my teams this year. The zeke team is in flux. If his suspension is cut or delayed to to him taking it to court, I have a shot. If it stands at 6 games, i'll need a miracle. Davante Adams is another big factor. I have been saying for months that he will pass up Jordy this year and I put my money where my mouth is by drafting him in both leagues ahead of players like demarious thomas and Terrell Pryor. I picked 8th in both leagues which was disappointing. Was hoping for a top 2 pick in one of them. Made a mistake in the last one by taking woodhead over powell. I didn't read the news that the jets are getting rid of Forte until after the draft. But I've come to realize it's really impossible to draft perfect. Mistakes will happen in every one.

Both leagues are 12 team PPR.

Team 1

Projected Starting Lineup

Jameis Winston
    Danny Woodhead
    Bilal Powell
    Odell Beckham
    Davante Adams
    Alshon Jeffery
    Tyler Eifert
    Pittsburg D
    Mason Crosby
    Mike Wallace (Flex)

Bench

Ezekial Elliot
    Eli Manning
    Charles Sims
    Tim Hightower
    Devin Funchess
    Marquise Lee
    Eli Rogers
    Kevin White
    Coby Fleener

Team 2

Projected Starters

Marcus Mariota
    Lesean Mccoy
    Danny Woodhead
    Doug Baldwin
    Davante Adams
    Larry Fitzgerald
    Tyler Eifert
    Pittsburg D
    Dustin Hopkins
    Pierre Garcon (flex)

Bench

Cam Newton
    Tyrod Taylor
    Darren Sproles
    Charles Sims
    Jonathon Williams
    Cole Beasley
    Marqise Lee
    Malcolm Mitchell
    Adam Thielen
    CJ Fiedorowicz

How did you get around the Indiana law thing
    2017 Super Bowl Champs

Quote Originally Posted by CHOPTALK View Post
    How did you get around the Indiana law thing

NFFC registered with Indiana

I like team A best but you had no business drafting him without drafting his backup.

The people who drafted Williams last season waiting for bell to return did not miss a beat the first 4 games
    2017 Super Bowl Champs

RX Senior
    Team A can probably has a shot at the title. With Woodhead already starting the year out hurt I'd grab Javorris Allen in case Woodhead gets hurt again.

Quote Originally Posted by CHOPTALK View Post
    I like team A best but you had no business drafting him without drafting his backup.

The people who drafted Williams last season waiting for bell to return did not miss a beat the first 4 games

Yea that's what fucked that team. Trust me I was planning to. Some asshole took mcfadden in round 6.

I was one of those people last year with bell and williams and you are exactly right. Took me to the championship game. I remember williams scored 40+ pts on the opening monday night game and I won by less than 1.

I actually like team two better. Barring something crazy happening with zeke, my flex spot is a liability on team one. If jets do drop Forte, maybe Powell could carry the load until Zeke came back. But the flex spot is a major problem there. That's what missing out on mcfadden did to me.

Team two on the other hand is really strong at flex with Pierre garcon.

I feel like team two is loaded with consistent performers throughout. Mccoy, Baldwin, Fitz, etc. Feel like that team has a much higher floor than team 1. Although team 1 probably has the higher ceiling

Quote Originally Posted by JustinCruise View Post
    I have been saying for months that he will pass up Jordy this year and I put my money where my mouth is by drafting him in both leagues ahead of players like demarious thomas and Terrell Pryor.
    Insanity.

Even if Adams outscores them both, he should have been obtainable a full round later, maybe even 2.

Poor drafting.

I'm really high on DThomas this year too. Big bounceback year, watch.

RX Senior
    No reason to carry Tyrod Taylor, I'd take a flyer on Vance McDonald, or some undrafted handcuff like you did with Williams.(Darkwa, Gallman, K.Williams, D.Williams, K.Drake).

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCaray View Post
    Insanity.

Even if Adams outscores them both, he should have been obtainable a full round later, maybe even 2.

Poor drafting.

I'm really high on DThomas this year too. Big bounceback year, watch.

Adams has consistently been going mid to late round 3. At least at NFFC. I know some places can have big differences in ADP.

Give me a #2 with a world class QB on a team that throws a lot over a #1 with a garbage Qb all day long on a team that wants to run. Also, Jordy is 32 and Cobb has been declining for 3 years. Packers still dont have a run game

D Thomas wasn't bad last year. But his ceiling is capped with that qb play.

Team A: C-

If you're going to start Powell and Woodhead for 6 weeks, your receiving core has to be better than that. You are not above average at any one position. Very mediocre team.

Team B is OK I guess.

You're putting an awful lot of faith in Woodhead.

Here is my team. 12-team PPR, had 2nd pick. Only start 2 WR and a flex.

Luck/Rivers
    D Hopkins
    D Thomas
    L Bell
    B Powell
    G Olsen
    L Fitz

Bench
    Riddick
    Tyrell Williams
    Thielen
    Derrrick Henry
    Prosise

It's a keeper league, that's why I took some shots with some younger guys late.

Now THAT is a squad.

Give me a #2 with a world class QB on a team that throws a lot over a #1 with a garbage Qb all day long on a team that wants to run. Also, Jordy is 32 and Cobb has been declining for 3 years. Packers still dont have a run game

D Thomas wasn't bad last year. But his ceiling is capped with that qb play.
    Completely disagree.

Care to make it interesting?

Team A: C-

If you're going to start Powell and Woodhead for 6 weeks, your receiving core has to be better than that. You are not above average at any one position. Very mediocre team.

Team B is OK I guess.

You're putting an awful lot of faith in Woodhead.

I would be very surprised if Elliot misses 6. Id say 4 is more likely or that he takes it to court. But with that being said, I do feel like the starting WR's of Odell Beckham, Adams, and Jeffery are above average. The flex is weak and a result of that Dbag taking Mcfadden in round 6. If zeke ends up playing, that team would essentially have two top 5 picks and would be pretty lethal. Odell falling to the 8th spot was a gift.

Here is my team. 12-team PPR, had 2nd pick. Only start 2 WR and a flex.

Luck/Rivers
    D Hopkins
    D Thomas
    L Bell
    B Powell
    G Olsen
    L Fitz

Bench
    Riddick
    Tyrell Williams
    Thielen
    Derrrick Henry
    Prosise

It's a keeper league, that's why I took some shots with some younger guys late.

Now THAT is a squad.

Not bad. Luck will be a dud but Rivers should be great this year. He has more weapons than ever.

You are putting an awful lot of faith in terrible QB's with Hopkins and D. Thomas. Were guys like Doug Baldwin or Amari Cooper available when you picked towards the end of round 2? Both have higher upside and much better QB play. Powell is about to be a stud if in fact Forte is dealt or released. Riddick a solid PPR back.

Completely disagree.

Care to make it interesting?
    nah, I have enough riding on it between these two leagues. You could be right. I can't tell the future. But i'm a sucker for upside and WR's with good QB. I think last season was a huge year for Adams to finally gain Rogers trust. And since then he's had yet another offseason to work with him even more. Also in a contract year.

Trying to rate fantasy teams is very tricky. We each bring our own predisposed ideas on each player.

Two years ago I drafted what looked like the perfect team. Was picked to win the league on every single category. Ended up missing the playoffs.

Last season was picked to finish 11th out of 12. Made it to the championship game.

Not bad. Luck will be a dud but Rivers should be great this year. He has more weapons than ever.

You are putting an awful lot of faith in terrible QB's with Hopkins and D. Thomas. Were guys like Doug Baldwin or Amari Cooper available when you picked towards the end of round 2? Both have higher upside and much better QB play. Powell is about to be a stud if in fact Forte is dealt or released. Riddick a solid PPR back.
    I am high on both for various reasons.

D Thomas wasn't capped by poor QB play last year, it was primarily a bum hip. He's healthy now, and has another year of chemistry with Siemian. And Mike McCoy in at O coordinator is huge for him. Mediocre QB play is not a horrible thing for him, because McCoy likes to call a lot of those bubble screens and get Thomas the ball in space, which is where he excels. Will be a PPR bell cow.

Watson is an improvement over Osweiller. I expect Hopkins to have a nice bounceback. His ADP has fallen too far.

Baldwin and Cooper were both gone by the time it got back to me after taking Bell.

In retrospect I might really regret passing on Cooks though. That's about the only questionable one I passed on. Passed on Cooks, Keenan Allen, Pryor, Crabtree, Allen Robinson...that's who was available there.

I definitely wanted D Thomas, Hopkins vs Cooks was the major tossup to me.

Why do you say Luck will be a dud? He was the 4th rated fantasy QB last year with a bad shoulder. I understand I need a backup plan, which is why I took Rivers. But 2nd half of the season and playoffs, it's a nice ace to have up my sleeve.

Not a fan of RB's huh?
    GET THAT $$$

Why do you say Luck will be a dud? He was the 4th rated fantasy QB last year with a bad shoulder. I understand I need a backup plan, which is why I took Rivers. But 2nd half of the season and playoffs, it's a nice ace to have up my sleeve.
    I know of ton of people in Indy and the inside info is that there's a chance he's out for the season. Or at least a good chunk of it.

That's the fist part, second part is that the colts are a disaster. They have ruined the guys career by not protecting him and nothing has changed on that front.

You will be just fine with Rivers though.

I am high on both for various reasons.

D Thomas wasn't capped by poor QB play last year, it was primarily a bum hip. He's healthy now, and has another year of chemistry with Siemian. And Mike McCoy in at O coordinator is huge for him. Mediocre QB play is not a horrible thing for him, because McCoy likes to call a lot of those bubble screens and get Thomas the ball in space, which is where he excels. Will be a PPR bell cow.

Watson is an improvement over Osweiller. I expect Hopkins to have a nice bounceback. His ADP has fallen too far.

Baldwin and Cooper were both gone by the time it got back to me after taking Bell.

In retrospect I might really regret passing on Cooks though. That's about the only questionable one I passed on. Passed on Cooks, Keenan Allen, Pryor, Crabtree, Allen Robinson...that's who was available there.

I definitely wanted D Thomas, Hopkins vs Cooks was the major tossup to me.

All good points.

I def would have gone Cooks though. Can't believe he was available there unless you drafted before the edelmen injury. Which if you did, I can't fault you for passing. Edelman is a target hog and him going down changed EVERYTHING for Cooks. He went first or second pick in round 2 in both my drafts.

I don't trust Keenan Allen. Injury history and crowded WR core. Pryor is a popular breakout pick but sure hasn't shown anything. Very hard to put faith in the Jags offense. I passed on all those guys as well

Just checked the exact ADP's.

Davante Adams is going 30th. I took him 29th.

According to that, my worst pick was Woodhead. I took him 14 spots ahead of his his ADP. This draft had an insane run on RB's though. Dalvin cook and kareem hunt both went in round two for example.

My best pick was Tyrod 119 spots after his usual ADP. I think i got him in the last or second to last round

In my league we switched over to auction last year and we all love it. So much better. $200 budget 8 teams with a qb, 2rb, 2wr, te, def, flex and 1 bench which creates a lot of turnover. I love my team and i blew $103 on DJ hahaha

Qb-winston
    Rb- DJ
    Crowell (my sleeper for a monster season this year)
    Wr-Dez Bryant
    Michael Thomas
    TE- Ertz (breakout season)
    Flex-Tyreek Hill
    Bench-mcfadden on a flyer zeke is out

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerFan1 View Post
    In my league we switched over to auction last year and we all love it. So much better. $200 budget 8 teams with a qb, 2rb, 2wr, te, def, flex and 1 bench which creates a lot of turnover. I love my team and i blew $103 on DJ hahaha

Qb-winston
    Rb- DJ
    Crowell (my sleeper for a monster season this year)
    Wr-Dez Bryant
    Michael Thomas
    TE- Ertz (breakout season)
    Flex-Tyreek Hill
    Bench-mcfadden on a flyer zeke is out
    I like this team

Agree on Ertz