Forum: Financial Investment Forum. - This forum is for financial topics only. Please adhere to forum rules. Violators will be banned from this forum and possibly the entire site.

Thread: Who's Holding NEO???

1. #1 Who's Holding NEO??? 
    First of all, my primary investments are in weed and AI. But I decided to take a plunge yesterday that all my best buds think was a disaster waiting to happen. Then I listen to a story on CNBC this a.m. on the most shorted stocks. I dropped 100K on NEO yesterday, and according to the CNBC report I watched, Alibaba is the most shorted stock on the NYSE and at 22+billion short interest, gotta believe that includes several markets. Next short was nearly half of that, I mean, these guys have set a record. And w/o looking at that kind of action, I buy a damn Chinese crypto. Here's second place btw, Tesla somewhere around 12 and change. I HAVE shorted the fuck out of them, Elon is a con artist with a good college degree. So, someone make me have warm and fuzzy feelings about NEO because money is money, I do my damnedest not to part with mine stupidly.

~T~

RX Wizard
    Quote Originally Posted by tmader7 View Post
    First of all, my primary investments are in weed and AI. But I decided to take a plunge yesterday that all my best buds think was a disaster waiting to happen. Then I listen to a story on CNBC this a.m. on the most shorted stocks. I dropped 100K on NEO yesterday, and according to the CNBC report I watched, Alibaba is the most shorted stock on the NYSE and at 22+billion short interest, gotta believe that includes several markets. Next short was nearly half of that, I mean, these guys have set a record. And w/o looking at that kind of action, I buy a damn Chinese crypto. Here's second place btw, Tesla somewhere around 12 and change. I HAVE shorted the fuck out of them, Elon is a con artist with a good college degree. So, someone make me have warm and fuzzy feelings about NEO because money is money, I do my damnedest not to part with mine stupidly.

~T~
    .. I was forced to buy Tesla at 210 , my wife loves musk, and Tesla the car, and I have done well, and do not understand how this sick stays so high, and they continue to raise billions in funds...just a sexy stock now I guess... gl
    "I don't want to know the odds."..Luke Skywalker.

Quote Originally Posted by 8ate View Post
    .. I was forced to buy Tesla at 210 , my wife loves musk, and Tesla the car, and I have done well, and do not understand how this sick stays so high, and they continue to raise billions in funds...just a sexy stock now I guess... gl
    Here's where the shit is gonna get real interesting, and buying it at 210 was awesome, that before or after he absorbed the solar arm? I shorted the living fuck out of it, I've got puts at 200 to October 2018. They lost nearly 1.5 billion last quarter, and were left with roughly the same in reserves. Consensus is minus over 2 billion next quarter, so they're gonna either need to hit the market for money, or take out a loan. I've been close to some deals in my day, last one that was as outrageous as Musk is gonna need was when Warren bailed out Williams Companies back in the nineties. Those clowns were a day or two from going BK before Buffett stepped. Bought it a .78/share and sold out at around 25 bucks, that's where I got the cash to start drilling gas wells. Anyone with half a brain looks at Tesla's numbers, the math don't add up. I paid next to nothing for those puts, I'd place a second bet I clear half a million on the play. Arrogance in the markets pays zero, squat, nunca, nada, dogshit.

~T~

RX Wizard

I've moved a significant amount of my crypto holdings into NEO. I hope you're still holding tmader because I think the ride is about to start. We're looking at a year+ here so expect some bumps a long the way. I'm sure you're feeling a little better being back to (and even a little profit now) in the black since a month ago. IMO that was the correction after the hype pump and dump. What is very encouraging is the slow and steady rise we're experiencing. If you look at a lot of altcoins (shitcoin) charts there is, over and over, a theme and of hype pump>dump>slowly dwindle into obscurity. The continued development, adoption and spreading of the information for NEO is great for the crypto as a functional blockchain, but also for us looking at it for an investment opportunity.

Just to make sure, have you looked into holding your NEO onto a wallet that gets paid GAS tokens for holding? If you keep it on an exchange, unless they specifically mention it, they are taking your GAS that generate from your NEO. With a large amount of NEO that you bought, you actually will receive a significant amount of GAS. You can use this calculator to see: https://neotogas.com/ - this is a function of the platform to benefit those who hold, there-by increasing the scarcity and eventual price of the coin. You can see the valuation of tokens and which network they're a part of here: https://coinmarketcap.com/tokens/

You can use the web-based wallet directly from NEO here: https://neowallet.cn/ or download a desktop version. There are also some cold storage options now similar to a USB stick that attaches to your keychain: KeepKey or Ledger NANO for example with many more coming out.

I believe the train is about to leave the station here and I'd suggest if anyone has an interest to go ahead and buy a few. Is it a gamble? Sure. Is this a gambling website? Yes! We're just handicapping crypto here, but some of the stars are aligning really well for this project.

• The first large ICO launched on the NEO Platform yesterday (10-7-17) called Red Pulse with their initial token offering (RPX) selling out within two hours. 405,844 NEO https://coin.red-pulse.com/
    • The official NEO($33) Twitter followers just reached 100,000 compared to Ethereum($315) 160,000 & Bitcoin($4500) 350,000
    • NASA included NEO in their global presentation for Blockchain technology. https://sensorweb.nasa.gov/Bitcoin%2...9-15-17v12.pdf
    • (Disclaimer: Purely speculation) NEO is positioning itself to work with and to the benefit of the Chinese government and financial regulators within the country. They're the one and only, so far, that have had this in mind from inception as a dApp platform. China's government could block all competition on exchanges.

I'm excited and my plan is to take what I have, toss it on a Ledger NANO, put the password in my safe and forget about NEO for a year. Here's to us and hope to see ya'll on the other side!

https://themerkle.com/reconstructing-smart-contracts-part-1/

Here's a good introduction article about the NEO platform and it's functions along with Da Hongfei, the main creator and developer.

I'm a newbie, relatively speaking, to this market XX. Man, I can look at a 42gallon can of oil and convince myself it's real. No one out there is shorting cryptos, that's gospel. Just having a damn hard time grasping the technology and logic. I have a debit card, it works great, and I know I've got money behind it. 5Dimes would love to have me get paid in Bitcoin. Probably should have taken them up on it a year ago, lol. If the SEC refuses to embrace it, that's a big issue for me. Wish you and us the best, been thirty plus years since I made a shitty investment.

~T~

The best way I've heard the blockchain summarized is like it's a bank's account ledger on a Google Excel Sheet. If you've ever worked on that, as you update a column, everyone else who has it open will get the update almost simultaneously.

Now imagine that one document (Blockchain) is opened by thousands of people, more every day, and people get paid (Miners) to confirm that the public ledger is up to date and correct. That every bitcoin, even fractions of them, add up to the total current supply. (https://blockchain.info/charts/total-bitcoins) If you try to just add 1,000,000 to your account, everyone who has that Excel Sheet open (thousands, hopefully millions, of people) has to confirm and agree that it came from somewhere and you are now the owner. For usual transactions, it takes 6 people (computers) to confirm before executing the trade.

This is unlike the system we use now with private banking and credit. Each bank essentially has their own Google Sheet and there has to be a certain amount of trust between Bank to Bank (and customer to bank) that the ledger is correct and accountable. While although unlikely, there is no public confirmation system when the CEO adds 1,000,000 to his column.

Bitcoin has certain scale flaws. Because those who do the "accounting" is a public opt in job. There are some super farms in China of thousands of GPUs running 24/7 that get a noticeable dividend per wattage used or there is a man/woman leaving their PC on overnight. You'll get paid a small fraction of bitcoin for volunteering your PC to perform all the behind the scenes tasks of Blockchain (Adding, confirming, mining mostly). Currently transaction fees are climbing because there are now way more users than miners running that is causing a backlog of confirmations needing to be done, but short staff on doing that.

This is just and example of a problem that newer cryptocurrency try to solve. Still the same basis of public blockchain (Google Sheet), but small innovations to make it faster, cheaper, better.

One absolutely brilliant crypto is IOTA. Instead of Blockchain, they call it Tangle in which the transaction fee is to perform two confirmations first. This not only makes it free to use, but increases in efficiency the larger the userbase grows.

I don't think Bitcoin will be traded daily. I see it as Gold and being the base of value for other cryptos like Litecoin. I mean shit, Berkshire Hathaway is 279,000 per 1 stock and it doesn't have a fraction of the functional use as Bitcoin does. There is and will only be 21,000,000 bitcoin ever. No more. Not all have been mined yet so people can still get them from "working" - soon that will stop and I want to be holding some. Maybe pass down a couple .00001 BTC to my grand kids so they can retire too

I truly believe this is the future and the inevitable direction of a world currency born out of the internet. Fully accountable, unable to counterfeit, holds value across borders and able to trade instantaneously from person to person without the need of banks or central institutions. I think you'll be glad to hold some of it early.

To expand on metaphors, lets say the Blockchain is a gym locker room, but all the lockers are see thru glass.

You own the keys (passwords) to lockers (wallets) A, B and C. Your neighbor joins the gym and he gets D, E, and F. This goes on; there are unlimited lockers that can be made. Everyone can see the lockers, their assigned numbers but more importantly how many bitcoin or fractions of a bitcoin are stored in each. The "anonymous" part is you never know who owns which key. They are all safe, but all perfectly transparent. No currency is hidden. Everyone even pays a janitor to go around and add up all the coins at night to make sure the entire locker room only has 100 total.

In the far future this number can eventually (and from an early investor's hope), be made up of billions of lockers with .00000001 ($10)? Now imagine you own the key to a century old locker with 10.0! Bought for the low price of $50,000 in 2017.

You can go on blockchain.info and see these wales. Early adopters who saw the potential in the late 2000's and have thousands of coins in a "locker". I believe this is still early and I think 5k per coin is cheap. If you own some or even considering buying, you are way ahead. Bitcoin is just now becoming a recognizable public concept.

All this aside NEO is a complete gamble for me.

I'm just searching for the next Bitcoin/Ethereum really. I research cryptos to find something that does a task or service better, meets a market demand unsatisfied or innovates on a system outside the bounds of the internet. (Still waiting for a blockchain that does public office voting!)

And I wouldn't count on the SEC or Government EVER adopting a public confirmation system... because they're the ones dropping 1,000,000 in the columns without needing to prove it!

Sorry for the walls of text. I'm still learning and I get excited.

NEO (and every altcoin) is on a serious dip with this current Bitcoin surge. People are abandoning diversification to hop on the quick money moon train. Once BTC starts to violently crash (again) I plan to re-position myself into NEO and an even lower entry point. Very steady and slow growth is THE most encouraging part of NEO... and if the Chinese start to accept it as their' national blockchain currency then hang on to your boots boys!