Forum: Financial Investment Forum. - This forum is for financial topics only. Please adhere to forum rules. Violators will be banned from this forum and possibly the entire site.

Thread: Who's Holding NEO???

  1. #1 Who's Holding NEO??? 
    RX Local tmader7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Muleshoe, TX
    Posts
    16,923
    First of all, my primary investments are in weed and AI. But I decided to take a plunge yesterday that all my best buds think was a disaster waiting to happen. Then I listen to a story on CNBC this a.m. on the most shorted stocks. I dropped 100K on NEO yesterday, and according to the CNBC report I watched, Alibaba is the most shorted stock on the NYSE and at 22+billion short interest, gotta believe that includes several markets. Next short was nearly half of that, I mean, these guys have set a record. And w/o looking at that kind of action, I buy a damn Chinese crypto. Here's second place btw, Tesla somewhere around 12 and change. I HAVE shorted the fuck out of them, Elon is a con artist with a good college degree. So, someone make me have warm and fuzzy feelings about NEO because money is money, I do my damnedest not to part with mine stupidly.

    ~T~
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    RX Wizard
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    6,399
    Quote Originally Posted by tmader7 View Post
    First of all, my primary investments are in weed and AI. But I decided to take a plunge yesterday that all my best buds think was a disaster waiting to happen. Then I listen to a story on CNBC this a.m. on the most shorted stocks. I dropped 100K on NEO yesterday, and according to the CNBC report I watched, Alibaba is the most shorted stock on the NYSE and at 22+billion short interest, gotta believe that includes several markets. Next short was nearly half of that, I mean, these guys have set a record. And w/o looking at that kind of action, I buy a damn Chinese crypto. Here's second place btw, Tesla somewhere around 12 and change. I HAVE shorted the fuck out of them, Elon is a con artist with a good college degree. So, someone make me have warm and fuzzy feelings about NEO because money is money, I do my damnedest not to part with mine stupidly.

    ~T~
    .. I was forced to buy Tesla at 210 , my wife loves musk, and Tesla the car, and I have done well, and do not understand how this sick stays so high, and they continue to raise billions in funds...just a sexy stock now I guess... gl
    "I don't want to know the odds."..Luke Skywalker.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    RX Local tmader7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Muleshoe, TX
    Posts
    16,923
    Quote Originally Posted by 8ate View Post
    .. I was forced to buy Tesla at 210 , my wife loves musk, and Tesla the car, and I have done well, and do not understand how this sick stays so high, and they continue to raise billions in funds...just a sexy stock now I guess... gl
    Here's where the shit is gonna get real interesting, and buying it at 210 was awesome, that before or after he absorbed the solar arm? I shorted the living fuck out of it, I've got puts at 200 to October 2018. They lost nearly 1.5 billion last quarter, and were left with roughly the same in reserves. Consensus is minus over 2 billion next quarter, so they're gonna either need to hit the market for money, or take out a loan. I've been close to some deals in my day, last one that was as outrageous as Musk is gonna need was when Warren bailed out Williams Companies back in the nineties. Those clowns were a day or two from going BK before Buffett stepped. Bought it a .78/share and sold out at around 25 bucks, that's where I got the cash to start drilling gas wells. Anyone with half a brain looks at Tesla's numbers, the math don't add up. I paid next to nothing for those puts, I'd place a second bet I clear half a million on the play. Arrogance in the markets pays zero, squat, nunca, nada, dogshit.

    ~T~
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    RX SemiGod
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Auburn WA
    Posts
    10,183
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    RX Member DosEquis153's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    392
    I've moved a significant amount of my crypto holdings into NEO. I hope you're still holding tmader because I think the ride is about to start. We're looking at a year+ here so expect some bumps a long the way. I'm sure you're feeling a little better being back to (and even a little profit now) in the black since a month ago. IMO that was the correction after the hype pump and dump. What is very encouraging is the slow and steady rise we're experiencing. If you look at a lot of altcoins (shitcoin) charts there is, over and over, a theme and of hype pump>dump>slowly dwindle into obscurity. The continued development, adoption and spreading of the information for NEO is great for the crypto as a functional blockchain, but also for us looking at it for an investment opportunity.

    Just to make sure, have you looked into holding your NEO onto a wallet that gets paid GAS tokens for holding? If you keep it on an exchange, unless they specifically mention it, they are taking your GAS that generate from your NEO. With a large amount of NEO that you bought, you actually will receive a significant amount of GAS. You can use this calculator to see: https://neotogas.com/ - this is a function of the platform to benefit those who hold, there-by increasing the scarcity and eventual price of the coin. You can see the valuation of tokens and which network they're a part of here: https://coinmarketcap.com/tokens/

    You can use the web-based wallet directly from NEO here: https://neowallet.cn/ or download a desktop version. There are also some cold storage options now similar to a USB stick that attaches to your keychain: KeepKey or Ledger NANO for example with many more coming out.

    I believe the train is about to leave the station here and I'd suggest if anyone has an interest to go ahead and buy a few. Is it a gamble? Sure. Is this a gambling website? Yes! We're just handicapping crypto here, but some of the stars are aligning really well for this project.

    • The first large ICO launched on the NEO Platform yesterday (10-7-17) called Red Pulse with their initial token offering (RPX) selling out within two hours. 405,844 NEO https://coin.red-pulse.com/
    • The official NEO($33) Twitter followers just reached 100,000 compared to Ethereum($315) 160,000 & Bitcoin($4500) 350,000
    • NASA included NEO in their global presentation for Blockchain technology. https://sensorweb.nasa.gov/Bitcoin%2...9-15-17v12.pdf
    • (Disclaimer: Purely speculation) NEO is positioning itself to work with and to the benefit of the Chinese government and financial regulators within the country. They're the one and only, so far, that have had this in mind from inception as a dApp platform. China's government could block all competition on exchanges.


    I'm excited and my plan is to take what I have, toss it on a Ledger NANO, put the password in my safe and forget about NEO for a year. Here's to us and hope to see ya'll on the other side!

    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    RX Member DosEquis153's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    392
    https://themerkle.com/reconstructing-smart-contracts-part-1/

    Here's a good introduction article about the NEO platform and it's functions along with Da Hongfei, the main creator and developer.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    RX Local tmader7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Muleshoe, TX
    Posts
    16,923
    I'm a newbie, relatively speaking, to this market XX. Man, I can look at a 42gallon can of oil and convince myself it's real. No one out there is shorting cryptos, that's gospel. Just having a damn hard time grasping the technology and logic. I have a debit card, it works great, and I know I've got money behind it. 5Dimes would love to have me get paid in Bitcoin. Probably should have taken them up on it a year ago, lol. If the SEC refuses to embrace it, that's a big issue for me. Wish you and us the best, been thirty plus years since I made a shitty investment.

    ~T~
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    RX Member DosEquis153's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    392
    The best way I've heard the blockchain summarized is like it's a bank's account ledger on a Google Excel Sheet. If you've ever worked on that, as you update a column, everyone else who has it open will get the update almost simultaneously.

    Now imagine that one document (Blockchain) is opened by thousands of people, more every day, and people get paid (Miners) to confirm that the public ledger is up to date and correct. That every bitcoin, even fractions of them, add up to the total current supply. (https://blockchain.info/charts/total-bitcoins) If you try to just add 1,000,000 to your account, everyone who has that Excel Sheet open (thousands, hopefully millions, of people) has to confirm and agree that it came from somewhere and you are now the owner. For usual transactions, it takes 6 people (computers) to confirm before executing the trade.

    This is unlike the system we use now with private banking and credit. Each bank essentially has their own Google Sheet and there has to be a certain amount of trust between Bank to Bank (and customer to bank) that the ledger is correct and accountable. While although unlikely, there is no public confirmation system when the CEO adds 1,000,000 to his column.

    Bitcoin has certain scale flaws. Because those who do the "accounting" is a public opt in job. There are some super farms in China of thousands of GPUs running 24/7 that get a noticeable dividend per wattage used or there is a man/woman leaving their PC on overnight. You'll get paid a small fraction of bitcoin for volunteering your PC to perform all the behind the scenes tasks of Blockchain (Adding, confirming, mining mostly). Currently transaction fees are climbing because there are now way more users than miners running that is causing a backlog of confirmations needing to be done, but short staff on doing that.

    This is just and example of a problem that newer cryptocurrency try to solve. Still the same basis of public blockchain (Google Sheet), but small innovations to make it faster, cheaper, better.

    One absolutely brilliant crypto is IOTA. Instead of Blockchain, they call it Tangle in which the transaction fee is to perform two confirmations first. This not only makes it free to use, but increases in efficiency the larger the userbase grows.

    I don't think Bitcoin will be traded daily. I see it as Gold and being the base of value for other cryptos like Litecoin. I mean shit, Berkshire Hathaway is 279,000 per 1 stock and it doesn't have a fraction of the functional use as Bitcoin does. There is and will only be 21,000,000 bitcoin ever. No more. Not all have been mined yet so people can still get them from "working" - soon that will stop and I want to be holding some. Maybe pass down a couple .00001 BTC to my grand kids so they can retire too

    I truly believe this is the future and the inevitable direction of a world currency born out of the internet. Fully accountable, unable to counterfeit, holds value across borders and able to trade instantaneously from person to person without the need of banks or central institutions. I think you'll be glad to hold some of it early.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    RX Member DosEquis153's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    392
    To expand on metaphors, lets say the Blockchain is a gym locker room, but all the lockers are see thru glass.

    You own the keys (passwords) to lockers (wallets) A, B and C. Your neighbor joins the gym and he gets D, E, and F. This goes on; there are unlimited lockers that can be made. Everyone can see the lockers, their assigned numbers but more importantly how many bitcoin or fractions of a bitcoin are stored in each. The "anonymous" part is you never know who owns which key. They are all safe, but all perfectly transparent. No currency is hidden. Everyone even pays a janitor to go around and add up all the coins at night to make sure the entire locker room only has 100 total.

    In the far future this number can eventually (and from an early investor's hope), be made up of billions of lockers with .00000001 ($10)? Now imagine you own the key to a century old locker with 10.0! Bought for the low price of $50,000 in 2017.

    You can go on blockchain.info and see these wales. Early adopters who saw the potential in the late 2000's and have thousands of coins in a "locker". I believe this is still early and I think 5k per coin is cheap. If you own some or even considering buying, you are way ahead. Bitcoin is just now becoming a recognizable public concept.

    All this aside NEO is a complete gamble for me.

    I'm just searching for the next Bitcoin/Ethereum really. I research cryptos to find something that does a task or service better, meets a market demand unsatisfied or innovates on a system outside the bounds of the internet. (Still waiting for a blockchain that does public office voting!)

    And I wouldn't count on the SEC or Government EVER adopting a public confirmation system... because they're the ones dropping 1,000,000 in the columns without needing to prove it!


    Sorry for the walls of text. I'm still learning and I get excited.

    NEO (and every altcoin) is on a serious dip with this current Bitcoin surge. People are abandoning diversification to hop on the quick money moon train. Once BTC starts to violently crash (again) I plan to re-position myself into NEO and an even lower entry point. Very steady and slow growth is THE most encouraging part of NEO... and if the Chinese start to accept it as their' national blockchain currency then hang on to your boots boys!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    RX Member DosEquis153's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    392
    I've got a position now in Vertcoin (VTC). Caught the ride up through their $3 resistance and I think I'll bag hold on this one along with NEO and BTC

    There is an increasing climate of controversy among the Bitcoin style Proof of Work (PoW) coins where AISC miners/farms are the main hash power for the network. This is slowly deteriorating the decentralized aspect of Blockchain and doesn't line up with my own philosophical desires and wants for the currency.

    Vertcoin is the same system except it is AISC resistant. Companies cannot build specific computer/machines to power the hashrates. I will wait until their mining software supports AMD optimization and start mining again at home. If anyone else is interested, the program is called One Click Miner here's a short video on how to set it up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Za1GsHPIK-0

    Still waiting for the crypto network that is ran by a fraction of the computer power of everyone's phone via wifi/bluetooth. Just an app option that turns off/on like GPS. It could be used as a fast, easy and secure payment system for everyday stuff
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #11  
    RX Local tmader7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Muleshoe, TX
    Posts
    16,923
    You blew right through my comprehension of block chain with those two posts above. The only part that really caught on was "if" the Chinese start accepting NEO, that's why I took the leap of faith. I'm thinking, since they've "banished" all other cryptos, that NEO will be the "ONE," lol, little catch on the Matrix. I'll check out that website you referenced, but I've never thought of mining myself.

    ~T~
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #12  
    RX SemiGod theDonger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    10,315
    Just buy and hold the one original Bitcoin. It's severely undervalued and in a couple years you'll be wishing you could get in as cheap as 5700.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #13  
    RX Member DosEquis153's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    392
    Quote Originally Posted by theDonger View Post
    Just buy and hold the one original Bitcoin. It's severely undervalued and in a couple years you'll be wishing you could get in as cheap as 5700.
    This is correct. Even if BTC isn't the main transaction medium, I think EVERYTHING will derive it's value from bitcoin. I believe people will determine some coin is .0001 of a BTC or even use Satoshis (.00000001) to allow markets to determine value. These are almost all set up already in most exchange sites. Very few coins are USD/XXX traded.

    As investment strategy I hold 50% BTC, but from a gambling point I'm throwing darts at shitcoins. Vertcoin just hit an all time high at over 90k satoshis ($5.22)!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. #14  
    RX Junior
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by DosEquis153 View Post
    This is correct. Even if BTC isn't the main transaction medium, I think EVERYTHING will derive it's value from bitcoin. I believe people will determine some coin is .0001 of a BTC or even use Satoshis (.00000001) to allow markets to determine value. These are almost all set up already in most exchange sites. Very few coins are USD/XXX traded.

    As investment strategy I hold 50% BTC, but from a gambling point I'm throwing darts at shitcoins. Vertcoin just hit an all time high at over 90k satoshis ($5.22)!

    With the ease of how the transactions can be made and amount of potential pop in value you get from some of these "shit" coins....I've been doing the same thing.

    I like those metaphors on the blockchain too. I may have to use that to try and describe it to my grandma.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. #15  
    RX Member DosEquis153's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    392
    Hope you're still holding NEO gentlemen - this is going to be the breakout year. Lots of dApps finally coming out on the NEO platform for 2018 which is going to put on the spotlight. As more investors dig deeper - they'll key in on the ONE thing:

    https://neo.org/
    The languages that are currently supported are:
    1) C#, VB.Net, F# 2) Java, Kotlin

    The languages that we plan to support include:
    1) C, C++, Golang 2) Python, JavaScript

    With multiple-language support, more than 90% of developers can directly participate in the development of an NEO smart contract without the need to learn a new language. Existing business system code might even be directly ported to the blockchain. We envision that this will greatly increase the overall popularity of the future blockchain.
    So get this: Over 80% the coins you see on the Top 100 tokens for https://coinmarketcap.com/tokens/ are wrote directly ontop the Ethereum platform and have a market cap over multiple billions of dollars. The rub is people have to learn Solidity Programming Language from the ground up. When businesses understand that NEO works just like Ethereum, but doesn't require a programmer/developer team to learn an entirely new programming language - they can utilize all the experience and skill sets available to make prospective tokens or smart contracts.

    Ethereum is valued at a $660 - NEO is current price point is 1/20th of that, but the utility and use case is tremendously larger.

    M.
    O.
    O.
    N.
    Spells mewn, boys.

    Further reading for interested parties:
    https://hackernoon.com/neo-versus-et...y-79956138bea3
    https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurre...out_neo_vol_2/


    ---

    By the way, I mentioned it in the first response to your OP tmader - (this goes for anyone else interested) but if you are holding your NEO on a wallet or an exchange that explicitly states you receive the GAS you are making a passive income by owning NEO.

    Using https://neotogas.com/ If you bought 100k in October here is your dividend breakdown:

    3,300 NEO/S (= $146,768.16)

    YOU GENERATE FOLLOWING GAS REWARD

    Current Rate: GAS = $22.77/USD
    Block Generation Rate: 22.45s

    THEORY CALCULATION

    Time USD
    Per Day $34.6
    Per Week $242.3
    Per Month $1,073.2
    Per Year $12,636.6
    Theory dividend: 8.61%
    ACTUAL CALCULATION

    Time USD
    Per Day $23.1
    Per Week $161.9
    Per Month $717.0
    Per Year $8,441.9

    As a benefit to every investor move your holdings to where you'll receive your dividends:
    https://neowallet.cn/ (Official web based wallet)
    https://www.ledgerwallet.com/products/ledger-nano-s (USB Stick you can attach to your keychain or store in a mattress ffs)
    http://neonwallet.com/ (Trusted and approved unofficial wallet from City of Zion)

    If you need help or have questions feel free to ask here or PM me - I'm glad to help!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  16. #16  
    RX Member DosEquis153's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    392
    Just a quick update for NEO, today was a big day.

    https://www.deepbrainchain.org/pc/indexEnglish.html

    DeepBrain Chain held it's ICO (initial coin offering) 12-16-17. Non-US residents only unfortunately. Think of an ICO like a company offering an initial public offering before being listed on the market. I wont go into the details of what DeepBrain does, layman terms it spreads the computational requirements for EXTREMELY intensive programs (think AI) among a network of everyday computers and devices. So instead of needing to build and operate a very expensive super computer, you can spread the power among a worldwide connected network of simple HP, DELL, Lenovo home PC's that share 5% of their CPU each to add up to the super computers.

    It has a lot of buzz and enthusiasm in the AI industry.

    They opted to use NEO as their platform for the ICO. These are historically done on the Ethereum Network where users trade their ETH for early adoption. What this means is that holders of the NEO Coin can use that as a funding medium to get early, astronomical, exchange rates on DeepBrain Coin (DBC) before it hits any markets. 500:1 and the likes. This is one function of both NEO and Ethereum that have intrinsic value for investors.

    The BIG take away here and I can't emphasis enough how big of a deal it really is: This ICO ended in less than 1 day without any hiccups, problems and some transactions happening within seconds of execution. Not only did it finish in less than a day, but it took a whole 3 hours and 30 minutes for the entire pool of initial DBC to be bought up by hungry prospectors.

    If you make a quick google search for Ethereum CryptoKitties - you'll find article after article of how much of a debacle the most recent ICO was on the Ethereum network. The entire process was literally crippled and congested for hours during this event.

    NEO now has just two successful dApps running and their ICO execution was outstanding. More companies are going to see this benefit and make the platform switch this year.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/NEO/comment...dates_summary/

    There are currently over 20 more coming just this year.

    Get in while you can guys. The way NEO works, you cannot buy fractional shares. You have to buy solid integers and soon that number is going to be far beyond the reach of most low level investors (like myself, don't get shit twisted here)

    Good luck and safe investing! Here for any questions
    Reply With Quote  
     

  17. #17  
    RX Junior
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    44
    Hold those bags. Shit is solid.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  18. #18  
    RX Member DosEquis153's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    392
    Quote Originally Posted by The_signal_ View Post
    Hold those bags. Shit is solid.
    Truth to that. They are less baggy when they pay in GAS dividends for sure.

    I'm so excited about NEO this year. I set up secure wallets for my family, drinking buddies and a few people at work and I sent them all 1 NEO.

    This is so I can talk about it all year without them be completely annoyed by my ass.

    I'm loving the slow, but steady upturn so far. Usually high value spikes don't end well.

    NEO cannot be bought under integers of 1. It can't be split into decimal places (GAS can) so at some point these things are going to be too expensive for the average man/woman to buy them if they wanted to.

    Ethereum is trading at around 700 per and does the same thing. Except you have to use those precious ETH to invest in ICOs and send transactions. Luckily with NEO you use GAS to do those functions, so most of us can just keep buying NEO, get paid dividends in GAS and use those for functionality on the platform.

    Anything under 100 for NEO is a great buy! I'm in every week no matter what the cost.

    My 2018 Portfolio is 30% Bitcoin, 25% Ethereum, 25% NEO, 15% IOTA and I keep 5% to toss around swing trading shitcoins.

    I also hold 1 Monero just because I started out in all this feeling like I was fighting the gov't and want to at least keep that feeling a little longer
    Reply With Quote  
     

  19. #19  
    RX Local
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    21,012
    Quote Originally Posted by DosEquis153 View Post
    Just a quick update for NEO, today was a big day.

    https://www.deepbrainchain.org/pc/indexEnglish.html

    DeepBrain Chain held it's ICO (initial coin offering) 12-16-17. Non-US residents only unfortunately. Think of an ICO like a company offering an initial public offering before being listed on the market. I wont go into the details of what DeepBrain does, layman terms it spreads the computational requirements for EXTREMELY intensive programs (think AI) among a network of everyday computers and devices. So instead of needing to build and operate a very expensive super computer, you can spread the power among a worldwide connected network of simple HP, DELL, Lenovo home PC's that share 5% of their CPU each to add up to the super computers.

    It has a lot of buzz and enthusiasm in the AI industry.

    They opted to use NEO as their platform for the ICO. These are historically done on the Ethereum Network where users trade their ETH for early adoption. What this means is that holders of the NEO Coin can use that as a funding medium to get early, astronomical, exchange rates on DeepBrain Coin (DBC) before it hits any markets. 500:1 and the likes. This is one function of both NEO and Ethereum that have intrinsic value for investors.

    The BIG take away here and I can't emphasis enough how big of a deal it really is: This ICO ended in less than 1 day without any hiccups, problems and some transactions happening within seconds of execution. Not only did it finish in less than a day, but it took a whole 3 hours and 30 minutes for the entire pool of initial DBC to be bought up by hungry prospectors.

    If you make a quick google search for Ethereum CryptoKitties - you'll find article after article of how much of a debacle the most recent ICO was on the Ethereum network. The entire process was literally crippled and congested for hours during this event.

    NEO now has just two successful dApps running and their ICO execution was outstanding. More companies are going to see this benefit and make the platform switch this year.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/NEO/comment...dates_summary/

    There are currently over 20 more coming just this year.

    Get in while you can guys. The way NEO works, you cannot buy fractional shares. You have to buy solid integers and soon that number is going to be far beyond the reach of most low level investors (like myself, don't get shit twisted here)

    Good luck and safe investing! Here for any questions
    Do you have any opinion on DBC?

    Also we have a long thread in the offshore forum about crypto that is viewed a little more than the financial forum, feel free to join.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •