Forum: Community Contests - Find Community / Poster run Contests Here. Please Read Financial transactions warning.

Thread: 2017 HILTON STYLE NFL SUPERCONTEST (Picks & Standings Thread) *NFL Picks Deadline 4PM Eastern

Also, congratulations to woodee12, winner of the Early Bird Contest, going 12-2-1 the last 3 weeks and earning a free $200 entry into next year's NFL Contest. Big thanks to Betallsports for his contribution here as we got served with a curve ball out of the blue, leaving the originally announced prize problematic. BAS to the rescue, as he bails us out again!

Thanks. So no $1000 prize for the mini-contest? I did not see where that got switched.

Quote Originally Posted by woodee12 View Post
    Thanks. So no $1000 prize for the mini-contest? I did not see where that got switched.
    Sticky: The Early Bird Special in the NFL Contest has been cancelled ( But I will offer a consolation Prize )

Ok, no problem.

Just did not see that earlier and I was grinding hard all day thinking I had won $1000! no worries just was shocked for a bit.

I you guys who run it have put up with a lot so no big deal and I don't blame you for it at all. Thanks for running a great contest and at least getting something in there to make up for it. $200 entry is very generous of you.

But I have to say its very disappointing that new ownership bailed on this prize. Just bad business in my opinion as this should have been grandfathered over. But it sounds like the owners who acquired it are pieces of work anyway so its not surprising. What goes around comes around in the long run...

Thanks again JOH and BETALLSPORTS and anyone else involved who made th contest possible..

Thx BAS and JOH for running the contest. 2 late Fumbles by Oakland against Dallas and Philly helped my cause. Until next year.
    Tuesday's Gone with The Wind

Ok, no problem.

Just did not see that earlier and I was grinding hard all day thinking I had won $1000! no worries just was shocked for a bit.

I you guys who run it have put up with a lot so no big deal and I don't blame you for it at all. Thanks for running a great contest and at least getting something in there to make up for it. $200 entry is very generous of you.

But I have to say its very disappointing that new ownership bailed on this prize. Just bad business in my opinion as this should have been grandfathered over. But it sounds like the owners who acquired it are pieces of work anyway so its not surprising. What goes around comes around in the long run...

Thanks again JOH and BETALLSPORTS and anyone else involved who made th contest possible..
    Hi Woodee, as i can understand you being disappointed on the Change of prize, a couple of things to make clear, so nobody is confused ....

The extra Prize for the Early bird, was a Offer from a past Sponsor and had no connection to the Contest. As there is also NO connection to this Contest by the Past or Current Ownership
    of The RX.
    These LVH/Westgate STYLE contests is something Myself and JOH has put together for the past 6+ Years
    The RX has never had anything to do with it, except it being Held here.

As soon as I knew the people putting up this extra prize was out, I looked for replacements, but couldn't find one.
    So I Posted a Thread and offered a small something. As you can see it was Posted on Dec 4th, almost a Month ago.
    Everyday Posters saw the thread, a few talked about it

Anyway, not sure how often you visit the site, but you should have seen the thread, as it was and still is just below this one.

I just don't want you to blame the RX
    New Ownership allowed us to continue hosting it here this past season, there's No guarantee it will be hosted here next season.
    We will email all entries, using the Email's everyone provided when you entered the Contests to let you know.

Thanks Again

Conservatives, Patriots & Huskies return to glory Willie99's Avatar
    Home of Foxwoods, Mohegan Sun & Looney Libs
    I personally hope that the new ownership realizes these contests can be a very big draw

Since there's No Vig, I assume they're legal too. Just like fantasy sports, set back and bowling, stuff that's commonly practiced and organized and publicized
    "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter". "A rising tide raises all boats". "MAGA"

Quote Originally Posted by JOH™ View Post
    savage55 Takes No Prisoners, Claws His Way To Victory
    Holds Off Competition To Win NFL Hilton Style #6

Congrats to savage55, winner of the 6th Annual NFL Hilton Style Handicapping Contest. He built a 4 game cushion by Week 10 and needed every bit of that lead to hold off Livin the Family Life and other pursuers as the gap narrowed to a mere ˝ game in the end. His winning share is a cool $10,080, second only to last year's $11,280 grand prize. Livin the Family Life, stalking the winner since week 12, finishes as the runner-up and takes home $5040. mattattack, a first time top 10 finisher, ended with a flourish, going 18-5-2 L5 weeks and collects $2520. Twisted held on to 4th place, good for $1764, while ECC, kcody9 #2 and -Marines- shared 5th place with each receiving $1134 for their efforts. Rounding out the top 10, Jeff The Nit ended on a strong note and landed in the 8th spot and $882. Jack1999 and Statcentral14 took down 9th and 10th place respectively, each bringing in $756. All in all, another successful and well played out contest with some talented handicappers. And let's not forget Betallsports, our money man extraordinaire, keeping the Contest Funds under lock and key throughout the 17 weeks while jockeying around the country building up those sky miles. Couldn't do this without his help.

Another NFL Contest in the books! A job well done by all.

I would like to say congratulations to all of the Winners .... and Thank you to all who played.

Just like the CFB Contest, we had a very Good group of Handicappers here in the NFL Contest. a very nice Job by RX poster Savage for holding on from the time he took
    the Lead. Amazing Job.
    Some might not know, Savage55 is actually more of a Totals guy ( unless I'm thinking of someone else ) But I do believe I'm right.

Either way ... Just a great job on his part.

********************************************************************************************************************

I would also like to Thank JOH again for an Outstanding Job once again..... Without him I really don't think we would even have this Contest each year.
    And as some already know, JOH lost his job here under New Ownership. So for him to take a lot of his personal time to make these Spreadsheets, Have them up and Graded
    is Amazing....
    JOH did Nothing wrong here at The RX to lose his job here... it was just New Ownership making Cuts and letting a few Mods go.
    I believe they made a major mistake by letting JOH go, but even though I tried, I couldn't get them to keep him.

So I Really appreciate that after asking him if he would continue to help with these Contests, he said Yes.

Thank you, My Friend.

****************************************************************************************************************************************

Now as many know from the past ... this is usually the Time I go on Vacation ... which is No Different here. I am currently in Mexico and will be there until Jan 6th
    With that being said, I will not use PP or be able to get any Money orders ( for some that want that payment ) while being in a Different Country
    The rest of my trip will include a stop in California for a day, then onto Panama for 3 days.
    It will be on that stop that I will start with payments.... and continue on the 10th

Just remember that the larger payments will be doled out into several payments. This has always been the case ... as to avoid any "Red Flags" on both sides.

Please contact me through PM with your Information

RX Junior
    Congrats to the winners. I finally can stop coming back to this site. I really hope the contests finds it's way to across the street.

RX Member
    Congrats to all that cashed. Nice job!

Quote Originally Posted by Betallsports View Post
    Hi Woodee, as i can understand you being disappointed on the Change of prize, a couple of things to make clear, so nobody is confused ....

The extra Prize for the Early bird, was a Offer from a past Sponsor and had no connection to the Contest. As there is also NO connection to this Contest by the Past or Current Ownership
    of The RX.
    These LVH/Westgate STYLE contests is something Myself and JOH has put together for the past 6+ Years
    The RX has never had anything to do with it, except it being Held here.

As soon as I knew the people putting up this extra prize was out, I looked for replacements, but couldn't find one.
    So I Posted a Thread and offered a small something. As you can see it was Posted on Dec 4th, almost a Month ago.
    Everyday Posters saw the thread, a few talked about it

Anyway, not sure how often you visit the site, but you should have seen the thread, as it was and still is just below this one.

I just don't want you to blame the RX
    New Ownership allowed us to continue hosting it here this past season, there's No guarantee it will be hosted here next season.
    We will email all entries, using the Email's everyone provided when you entered the Contests to let you know.

Thanks Again

No problem and thanks for the explanation on it. I should have noticed it earlier as I did not go to the main contest page much as I had the link bookmarked for my picks. No worries either away and I apologize if I bashed RX as I dd not know the situation for sure and should have kept that to myself.

Thanks again and it was a fun contest. See you next year wherever it ends up.

No problem and thanks for the explanation on it. I should have noticed it earlier as I did not go to the main contest page much as I had the link bookmarked for my picks. No worries either away and I apologize if I bashed RX as I dd not know the situation for sure and should have kept that to myself.

Thanks again and it was a fun contest. See you next year wherever it ends up.
    I actually didn't think you were "bashing" The RX. I just don't want anyone Blaming them.
    If there's anyone to blame I guess you can blame me for not getting the money up front.

The only reason why I let it go without a huge fight or post to out them is because they offered it while still around, and once ownership changed hands, they were
    on the Outside looking in.
    Plus it didn't cost anyone anything except sending in the entry earlier.

Think maybe next year we should up the entry fee $10-$15 and have a separate pot for the last 3 weeks

and I have said from the Start of those, JOH and myself put these together with all the hopes of leaving any Sponsors out of this contest.
    No jumping through hoops with 10 or 20X rollovers, etc...

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Betallsports View Post
    I would like to say congratulations to all of the Winners .... and Thank you to all who played.

Just like the CFB Contest, we had a very Good group of Handicappers here in the NFL Contest. a very nice Job by RX poster Savage for holding on from the time he took
    the Lead. Amazing Job.
    Some might not know, Savage55 is actually more of a Totals guy ( unless I'm thinking of someone else ) But I do believe I'm right.

********************************************************************************************************************

I would also like to Thank JOH again for an Outstanding Job once again..... Without him I really don't think we would even have this Contest each year.
    And as some already know, JOH lost his job here under New Ownership. So for him to take a lot of his personal time to make these Spreadsheets, Have them up and Graded
    is Amazing....
    JOH did Nothing wrong here at The RX to lose his job here... it was just New Ownership making Cuts and letting a few Mods go.
    I believe they made a major mistake by letting JOH go, but even though I tried, I couldn't get them to keep him.

So I Really appreciate that after asking him if he would continue to help with these Contests, he said Yes.

Thank you, My Friend.

****************************************************************************************************************************************

Now as many know from the past ... this is usually the Time I go on Vacation ... which is No Different here. I am currently in Mexico and will be there until Jan 6th
    With that being said, I will not use PP or be able to get any Money orders ( for some that want that payment ) while being in a Different Country
    The rest of my trip will include a stop in California for a day, then onto Panama for 3 days.
    It will be on that stop that I will start with payments.... and continue on the 10th

Just remember that the larger payments will be doled out into several payments. This has always been the case ... as to avoid any "Red Flags" on both sides.

you are correct BAS, I'm more of a totals guy but I did start playing some of my picks after I got in the Top 5. What a ride it was. I will PM you for payment information

RX Junior
    Congrats Savage on the win and to everyone who cashed!

Thanks to JOH and BAS for running this, such a blast.

RX SemiGod
    Thanks BAS and JOH and all the guys who competed. I had a rough year but thoroughly enjoy these contests that you guys sponsor.

Congrats to the winners. Esp Livin the Family Life who himself ran a Bases Contest for us last summer and fall. A real gentleman.

RX Senior
    Appreciate it Michelangelo! Looking forward to another great mlb contest season.

Quote Originally Posted by Michelangelo View Post
    Thanks BAS and JOH and all the guys who competed. I had a rough year but thoroughly enjoy these contests that you guys sponsor.

Congrats to the winners. Esp Livin the Family Life who himself ran a Bases Contest for us last summer and fall. A real gentleman.
    Kudos ... good job everyone... Livin hit me up I think I did MLB one year ... i'm dead money in baseball but love competitions.

RX Senior
    Right on, i will definitely hit you up come mlb time.

RX Senior
    Congrats Savage55 and Livin the Family life and all the people who cashed!!

JOH and BAS, thanks again for running one of the best!!

See you fellas here next year!

Hey JOH, I wanted to thank you again for running this...I might need a proxy for next year. I know this takes a LOT of time to do results etc as Im pretty good with spreadsheet and I always kept up with about top 20 just for myself to see where I'd fall (cause I'm impatient) even then you still had results up very promptly.

I threw you a little thank you from my winnings, I hope it helps buy a few dinners for ya. Wish I finished higher could have been more dinners lol.
    Anyway thanks again hope you don't go anywhere and this contest continues next year.

cheers

ECC

RX Junior
    Apologies if I missed this somewhere, but any ETA on when payouts will be made?

Quote Originally Posted by mattattack View Post
    Apologies if I missed this somewhere, but any ETA on when payouts will be made?

01-01-2018, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by JOH™
    savage55 Takes No Prisoners, Claws His Way To Victory
    Holds Off Competition To Win NFL Hilton Style #6

Congrats to savage55, winner of the 6th Annual NFL Hilton Style Handicapping Contest. He built a 4 game cushion by Week 10 and needed every bit of that lead to hold off Livin the Family Life and other pursuers as the gap narrowed to a mere ˝ game in the end. His winning share is a cool $10,080, second only to last year's $11,280 grand prize. Livin the Family Life, stalking the winner since week 12, finishes as the runner-up and takes home $5040. mattattack, a first time top 10 finisher, ended with a flourish, going 18-5-2 L5 weeks and collects $2520. Twisted held on to 4th place, good for $1764, while ECC, kcody9 #2 and -Marines- shared 5th place with each receiving $1134 for their efforts. Rounding out the top 10, Jeff The Nit ended on a strong note and landed in the 8th spot and $882. Jack1999 and Statcentral14 took down 9th and 10th place respectively, each bringing in $756. All in all, another successful and well played out contest with some talented handicappers. And let's not forget Betallsports, our money man extraordinaire, keeping the Contest Funds under lock and key throughout the 17 weeks while jockeying around the country building up those sky miles. Couldn't do this without his help.

Another NFL Contest in the books! A job well done by all.

the Lead. Amazing Job.

is Amazing....

Thank you, My Friend.