Forum: College Football Forum - Sponsored by:

Thread: Picks without writeups? Why bother

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Picks without writeups? Why bother 
    RX Junior
    Just my 2 cents...most of this forum is littered with members showing us their plays for the week, yet we hardly see any explanation at all. Don't you think even a few words of sharing your insight would be more useful than merely telling us what you're playing? Otherwise we could just flip a coin and post the result of the coin flip. Don't get me wrong, people should feel free to continue doing what they're doing - I just think a little write up would be more interesting.

Comments?

Any successful Numbers Bettor would be a Fool to explain why he is..
    2017 CBB Totals Final 31-21 59.6%
    2017 MLB Program Totals Final 140-125-7 +9.36 Units

RX Junior
    totally agree with OP!!!!!!!

RX Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyBingo View Post

Why...I share all of my successful stock picks, and methodology? 77 consecutive profitable trades of 15% or better. www.mrmarketishuge.com

RX Senior
    I agree with Huge. I will read any write-up on any game and usually get something from it. But unless you're EKG, Conan, Red Elephants or one of the other guys who have been posting a long time and have had some success (some, not always), why should we bother if you there's no reason behind your pick? My monkey, Bobo, and his trusty dart-board can make picks without explanation. Give us something...

RX Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyBingo View Post
    Unless you're a tout, or a whale-type bettor, why not? This is a bettors forum where small players share info.

That's wonderful. 77 in a row is impressive..

Quote Originally Posted by o fred View Post
    Unless you're a tout, or a whale-type bettor, why not? This is a bettors forum where small players share info.
    Actually Touts do share write ups. Real Successful Bettors do not..

Quote Originally Posted by o fred View Post
    However, if you are a small Bettor, there's nothing wrong with sharing info ever.

RX Senior
    Most touts are marketers, and are just regurgitating what they hear in the mass media. This forum has been traditionally a place to share info, but I look forward to seeing your picks anyways. GL Bobby.

RX Local
    Quote Originally Posted by iamhuge View Post
    Just my 2 cents...most of this forum is littered with members showing us their plays for the week, yet we hardly see any explanation at all. Don't you think even a few words of sharing your insight would be more useful than merely telling us what you're playing? Otherwise we could just flip a coin and post the result of the coin flip. Don't get me wrong, people should feel free to continue doing what they're doing - I just think a little write up would be more interesting.

Comments?
    If a guy hit at a 58-60% clip on all his posted plays at the RX, would you really care what his plays say because I sure as hell wouldn't.

You could find your plays in the toilet, in the doghouse, in a strip club, in the backseat of a '65 Chevy for all I care. If they win, that's the single most important thing.

If they lose but you have a great write up, who gives a shit?

Quote Originally Posted by Enfuego View Post
    If a guy hit at a 58-60% clip on all his posted plays at the RX, would you really care what his plays say because I sure as hell wouldn't.

You could find your plays in the toilet, in the doghouse, in a strip club, in the backseat of a '65 Chevy for all I care. If they win, that's the single most important thing.

Fire, not sure how you feel about this subject........care to elaborate?

~T~

RX Junior
    I prefer informative write-ups....... where's Coldweather.....

RX SemiGod
    I don't need any write-ups just show me the winners. If someone is producing winners and keeping an accurate record who needs write-ups.

RX Local
    Quote Originally Posted by tmader7 View Post
    Fire, not sure how you feel about this subject........care to elaborate?

~T~
    Haha

RX Local
    Cold weather or Meat grinder leg spreader write up. Lol

RX Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCat View Post
    I don't need any write-ups just show me the winners. If someone is producing winners and keeping an accurate record who needs write-ups.
    To me, most of the fun of sports betting is having a point of view on a game based on some fundamental aspect you find compelling and then being gratified when proven correct. If it were all about the money, I think there are much more interesting ways to benefit.

RX SemiGod
    To me, most of the fun of sports betting is having a point of view on a game based on some fundamental aspect you find compelling and then being gratified when proven correct. If it were all about the money, I think there are much more interesting ways to benefit.
    When I'm wagering on sports it's all about making money fun is cashing the ticket.

RX Senior
    I know I can blather on in my write-ups, but at least throw us a bone. A little input of your thoughts on your plays is appreciated. All of us follow certain teams, or conferences, more than others, and we can profit from that info. A big write-up is not necessary, but maybe you got something on the local team/conference.

Therein lies the difference between a serious Bettor and one who Bets "For Fun." There's nothing wrong with either. However I'm going to Follow the Serious Bettors when I follow someone..

Quote Originally Posted by Enfuego View Post

Lol... This ^^^

I use to write up most of my plays. I'll tell you what happens, if your right and get on a roll ( I have) everyone appreciates it, when you go on a losing streak (I have and most will during a course of a season) they crucify you. Then you think about all of the research, stats, articles, mags, and newspapers, that you go through to find out things, (a lot of effort in itself), why waste your time to possibly get crucified again.

The people who gamble all the time know which posters to follow. If some people would take the time to look up stats instead of opening every thread they would probably win more games. JMO

RX Senior
    I care about accurate ytd record. Not a writeup. If someone is 0-10 with writeups why would I care?

RX Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter03 View Post
    I care about accurate ytd record. Not a writeup. If someone is 0-10 with writeups why would I care?
    So basically people come on this forum to copy other people's football picks? Weird. As for me, I take pride in knowing my football.

To each his own....
    I do occasionally enjoy reading writeups to find "additional" info on a team that I already liked.
    But ultimately, winning money and correct picks is all that matter.