Forum: Political Forum - Spirited Political comedy. All serious political and World Event posting is also to be posted in this forum.

Thread: White House says DOJ 'should certainly look at' prosecuting Comey

1. #1 White House says DOJ 'should certainly look at' prosecuting Comey 
    White House says DOJ 'should certainly look at' prosecuting Comey for leaking privileged government information

'I think that it has been shown that in the days that followed that the president was right in firing Director Comey,' White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said Monday in response to Bannon.

White House says DOJ 'should certainly look at' prosecuting Comey for leaking privileged government information

• Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders accused the former law enforcement official of conducting himself in a manner that may have been illegal
    • 'I think if there's ever a moment where we feel someone has broken the law...I think that's something that certainly should be looked at,' she contended
    • Former White House Chief Strategist Steve Bannon put a spotlight on Comey during his interview with 60 Minutes
    • Said the president's dismissal of James Comey was the biggest mistake in modern political history
    • Sanders said Tuesday that Trump 'is proud of the decision that he made' and 'was 100 percent right'

The White House encouraged the Department of Justice to prosecute former FBI Director James Comey today for leaking 'privileged, government information' to journalists.
    Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said it's 'something they should certainly look at' after she accused the former law enforcement official of conducting himself in a manner that may have been illegal.
    'I think if there's ever a moment where we feel someone has broken the law, particularly if they're the head of the FBI, I think that's something that certainly should be looked at,' she stated.

+3

The White House encouraged the Department of Justice to prosecute former FBI Director James Comey today for leaking 'privileged, government information' to journalists

COMEY DRAFTED STATEMENT ENDING CLINTON EMAIL INVESTIGATION MONTHS BEFORE INTERVIEWING HER, FBI CONFIRMS