Cnotes 2017 Nba Latest News And Notes !

Search

Tokens
NBA Note - New Orleans Pelicans Allen, Tony
September 11, 2017

G Tony Allen and the Pelicans agreed on a one-year, $2.3 million free agent deal, multiple media outlets reported Monday.

Allen, 35, will provide depth on the wing, which is particularly important with Solomon Hill out for an extended period due to a hamstring injury.

Allen was named to the NBA second-team all-defensive team last season while playing for the Memphis Grizzlies. It was the sixth time in the past seven seasons he made an all-defensive team.

Allen averaged 9.1 points and 5.5 rebounds last season in 71 games, including 66 starts.

Tokens
AP Source: Josh Richardson gets $42M deal to stay with Heat
September 13, 2017

MIAMI (AP) Josh Richardson will go to Miami Heat training camp later this month with a new contract.

Richardson and the Heat agreed Wednesday on a four-year extension that could be worth $42 million, a person with knowledge of the agreement told The Associated Press. The fourth year will be at Richardson's option, said the person who spoke on condition of anonymity because the team has not announced the signing.

The contract goes into effect in the 2018-19 season. Richardson will make about $1.5 million this coming season, and will likely be in the mix of candidates vying for the starting small forward spot with the Heat. The deal was not a surprise, given that Miami officials had indicated repeatedly that they had no plans on letting Richardson go elsewhere.

Richardson is entering his third season with the Heat. He averaged 10.2 points last season, appearing in 53 games and making 34 starts. He shot 46 percent from 3-point range as a rookie, then 33 percent from beyond the arc last season - after missing training camp with a knee injury.

The Heat begin this season's training camp Sept. 26.

Richardson turns 24 on Friday. He was the No. 40 overall pick by Miami in the 2015 NBA draft after a four-year career at Tennessee.

ESPN first reported Richardson's agreement with Miami.

Tokens
Marbury hopes to finish off career in NBA
September 14, 2017

NEW YORK (AP) Stephon Marbury hopes to finish off his basketball career back in the NBA.

The 40-year old guard is playing in the Chinese Basketball Association this season for the Beijing Fly Dragons and when the league ends in February or March he wants to join an NBA franchise.

''I've spoken to a team,'' Marbury told The Associated Press in a phone interview from Malaysia on Wednesday night. ''It's still premature right now, but I'm open to coming back and trying to play that veteran leadership role. ... For myself it's a perfect ending being able to mend ties. It will be a team that I will be able to help and I'm looking forward to it. It's a great opportunity to be at my age to be able to hoop. I'm thankful for that. A lot of people can't walk at my age.''

Marbury, who first mentioned his interest in playing in the NBA again on Instagram , didn't want to disclose which team he had discussions with.

''The opportunity, it's a great opportunity because I was anticipating retiring in Beijing with the Ducks,'' he said. ''It's the perfect opportunity to go back. I want to do this for the people who had been supporting me for so many years.''

Marbury had a 13-year NBA career playing for the Timberwolves, Nets, Suns, Knicks and Celtics. The No. 4 pick in the 1996 draft, Marbury hasn't played in an NBA game since the 2008-09 season with the Boston Celtics. He averaged 19.3 points and 7.6 assists during his NBA career.

He's spent the last nine years playing in China and helped the Beijing Ducks win three championships. Marbury met with NBA commissioner Adam Silver in China last October and has had positive meetings in New York with the league and with the Knicks.

''I wanted to make sure things are right before I made that decision to go back to the NBA. The timing is right and the exit strategy is a good one,'' he said.

Marbury, a New York native, had a rough five-year stint with the Knicks that included clashes with coaches and teammates. It ended with the two sides agreeing to a buyout in 2009 after he was benched for his final season in New York.

''For me it's vital to continue to share my experiences and allow my experiences to help the younger generation,'' Marbury said. ''I've been through a lot of different things, experienced a lot of different things. Those experiences would be a great teacher for some of the younger kids. It's my final year as a basketball player and it's important to me to try and make that right. New York is home no matter what.''

Even if he can't get back in the NBA, Marbury plans to stay near the game. He wants to coach the Chinese national team, and told the AP last month while speaking at NYU that Yao Ming has told him he'll be considered if he learns Chinese. Marbury plans to take classes during the upcoming Chinese league season. He may also try his hand in the Big3 3-on-3 league.

One thing's for sure. Whether he gets a shot again in the NBA or not, Marbury plans on retiring from playing basketball at the end of the year.

''It's time to pass on the shoes to my (12-year-old) son,'' Marbury said.

Tokens
Veteran F Boris Diaw signs in France
September 14, 2017

Veteran NBA forward Boris Diaw is returning to his native France after signing a contract to play for Paris-Levallois this season, multiple media outlets reported Thursday.

Diaw's contract includes the opportunity to opt out for both NBA and European teams, so he could sign with an NBA team late in the season.

Diaw averaged just 4.6 points, 2.2 rebounds, 2.3 assists and 17.6 minutes in 73 games, including 33 starts, for the Utah Jazz last season, which was his 14th in the NBA.

Diaw helped Utah reach the second round of the playoffs in 2016-17.

The Jazz waived the 35-year-old Diaw this summer. His $7.5 million salary would have been guaranteed if he had not been waived by July 15.

--------------------

Knicks sign veteran PG Jarrett Jack
September 15, 2017

The New York Knicks signed veteran guard Jarrett Jack to a one-year deal, the team announced Friday.

Jack, who turns 34 next month, is aiming to revive his career after two major injuries to his right knee. He tore the ACL early in the 2015-16 with the Brooklyn Nets and suffered a season-ending meniscus tear last season with the New Orleans Pelicans.

Jack played in just two games for the Pelicans before suffering the latest injury.

Jack has career averages of 11.0 points and 4.5 assists in 805 games over 12 seasons with the Portland Trail Blazers, Indiana Pacers, Toronto Raptors, New Orleans (two stints), Golden State Warriors, Cleveland Cavaliers and Brooklyn.

-------------------------

C Plumlee returns to Nuggets with three-year deal
September 18, 2017

Restricted free agent center Mason Plumlee agreed to return to the Denver Nuggets with a three-year deal.

The deal is worth $41 million, ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski reported Monday.

Agent Mark Bartelstein of Priority Sports and Nuggets general manager Tim Connelly reached agreement on the deal late Sunday night, league sources told ESPN.

Plumlee, 27, was acquired from the Portland Trail Blazers in a February trade for center Jusuf Nurkic.

The 6-foot-11, 255-pound Plumlee averaged 9.1 points, 6.4 rebounds, 2.6 assists, 1.1 blocks and 23.4 minutes in 27 games (10 starts) with Denver.

As a restricted free agent, Plumlee could have signed a $4.6 million qualifying offer for the 2017-18 season, allowing him to become an unrestricted free agent next summer.

Plumlee, who was the 22nd overall pick of the Brooklyn Nets in the 2013 draft out of Duke, owns career averages of 9.0 points and 6.5 rebounds in four NBA seasons with Brooklyn, Portland and Denver.

----------------------------------

Irving: No cares about LeBron's feelings
September 18, 2017

BOSTON (AP) New Boston Celtics point guard Kyrie Irving says he doesn't care if anyone took it personally that he left Cleveland, even Cavaliers star LeBron James.

Appearing Monday on ESPN's ''First Take,'' Irving said he doesn't feel like he owed James an explanation for asking for a trade.

Asked if he let James know that he was seeking to leave, Irving said, ''Why would I have to?''

Host Stephen A. Smith responded: ''If you don't speak to somebody, they might take it personally. Do you care about that at all?''

''No,'' Irving said.

Irving was eventually sent to the Celtics for a package that included Isaiah Thomas and a first-round draft pick.

He says the move from the Eastern Conference champions wasn't about not wanting to win.

-----------------------------

F Erik McCree signs with Heat
September 18, 2017

The Miami Heat signed forward Erik McCree, the team announced Monday.

Terms of the deal were not announced for McCree, an undrafted free agent out of Louisiana Tech, where he played for three seasons.

The 6-foot-8, 225-pound McCree averaged 14.9 points and 7.3 rebounds over three seasons at the school. He established career highs last season with averages of 17.7 points and 8.9 rebounds.

McCree, who shot 47.6 percent from the floor in 2016-17, became the sixth player in Louisiana Tech history to register at least 1,400 points and 700 rebounds in just three seasons.

----------------------------------

Bucks re-sign 40-year-old G Terry
September 18, 2017

MILWAUKEE (AP) The Milwaukee Bucks have re-signed Jason Terry after the veteran guard shot 42.7 percent from 3-point range last season.

The Bucks announced the contract Monday night. There was no word on the length or value of the deal.

The 40-year-old Terry is beginning his 19th season in the NBA. He appeared in 74 games with the Bucks last year and averaged 4.1 points in 18.4 minutes per game. He also made 73 3-pointers in 171 attempts from beyond the arc.

The 6-foot-2 Terry, who was selected by Atlanta with the 10th overall pick in the 1999 draft, has career averages of 13.8 points and 3.9 assists in 1,359 games.

--------------------------------

Lakers land free agent C Bogut
September 19, 2017

Free agent center Andrew Bogut agreed to a one-year deal with the Los Angeles Lakers, multiple media outlets reported Monday.

The deal is reportedly worth the veteran minimum $2.3 million.

Bogut sustained a broken leg during his first game with Cleveland Cavaliers in February, sidelining him for the rest of the season.

The 7-foot Bogut began the 2016-17 season with the Dallas Mavericks, averaging 3.0 points and 8.4 rebounds in 26 games, including 21 starts.

Bogut was traded to the Philadelphia 76ers in a deal that sent Nerlens Noel to Dallas. Bogut then reached a buyout agreement with the 76ers in February, and he signed with Cleveland.

However, his time with the Cavaliers lasted just 58 seconds of action, as he collided with the Miami Heat's Okaro White and fractured his left tibia.

He decided not to have surgery, and in late June it was reported that Bogut was about three weeks away from resuming basketball workouts.

Bogut, 32, was a starter on the Golden State Warriors teams that won the NBA title in 2015 and was the runner-up in 2016.

His best season was 2009-10, when he averaged 15.2 points, 10.2 rebounds and 2.5 blocks for the Milwaukee Bucks.

Tokens
OKC officially acquires Anthony from Knicks
September 25, 2017

The Oklahoma City Thunder officially acquired All-Star forward Carmelo Anthony from the New York Knicks on Monday.

In exchange, the Knicks get center Enes Kanter, forward Doug McDermott and the Chicago Bulls' 2018 second-round draft pick from the Thunder.

The deal was agreed to Saturday afternoon after Anthony waived his no-trade clause ahead of the NBA Media Day on Monday.

The 6-foot-8, 240-pound Anthony, a 10-time All-Star and 14-year NBA veteran, joins the Thunder having appeared in 976 career games (all starts) while averaging 24.8 points, 6.6 rebounds, 3.1 assists and 1.1 steals.

"We are thrilled to welcome Carmelo to Oklahoma City and the Thunder organization," Thunder general manager Sam Presti said in a statement. "In addition to his skill level, experience, and unique talents, Carmelo is another high character, professional player for our roster."

The 33-year-old Anthony waived his no-trade clause and his $8.1 trade kicker to accommodate the deal. He has two years and $54 million left on his contract, including a player option for $27.9 million on the 2018-19 season.

"This is a deal we feel works for both this franchise and Carmelo," Knicks president Steve Mills said. "We thank him for his seven seasons in a Knicks uniform and all that he accomplished off the court for the City of New York by using his platform to address social issues.

"We will continue to focus on this team looking forward towards the immediate and long-term future. As we have said recently, this is a new beginning for the New York Knicks."

The trade ends Anthony's 6 1/2 seasons in New York. The no-trade clause was part of the maximum contract that Anthony signed in 2014 and he declined a trade from the Knicks throughout the turmoil of Phil Jackson's tenure as president of basketball operations.

"Thank you to All My Fans who supported me through Thick and Thin," Anthony wrote in a letter to New York on his website. "And those who continued to support The Knicks regardless of the outcome. Thank You to Jim Dolan and the Knicks organization and all the hardworking people that don't get the credit they deserve. And most importantly, Thank you to the City of New York for allowing me to represent OUR city."

Anthony joins MVP Russell Westbrook and newly acquired All-Star forward Paul George in a reshaped and Western Conference contender. Both players played a significant role in recruiting Anthony to waive his no-trade clause for Oklahoma City.

Anthony credits Westbrook for his desire to come to Oklahoma City.

"He was a big part, he was big reason why I wanted to come here," Anthony said of Westbrook. "To see his loyalty to the city, to this organization, what he was able to do on the court, I wanted to be a part of that. Adding PG was just another reason why I wanted to come here."

Anthony received a warm welcome from the Oklahoma City fans.

"Unbelievable. To go from a situation where it was an emotional roller coaster for me being back in New York," Anthony said. "At times, it was very strenuous on myself, on my family. To come here on the flip side of that and to feel that passion and feel that energy, anytime you feel wanted and appreciated, you can't put those feelings into words."

Anthony was acquired by the Knicks from the Denver Nuggets on Feb. 22, 2011. He finished his Knicks career as the team's seventh all-time leading scorer with 10,186 points and No. 3 on the franchise's scoring average list at 24.7 points per game.

Anthony currently ranks 25th on the NBA's all-time scoring list (24,156 points) and he is one of six players in league history (alongside Kobe Bryant, Vince Carter, LeBron James, Dirk Nowitzki and Paul Pierce) to record 24,000 points, 6,000 rebounds, 2,500 assists, 1,000 steals and 1,000 3-point field goals.

Anthony led the NBA in scoring during the 2012-13 season (28.7 points per game) and during the 2009-10 season, he became the third youngest player in NBA history to reach the 12,000-point plateau (behind James and Bryant).

A three-time Olympic gold medalist, Anthony is the U.S. Olympic Men's National Team's all-time leading scorer.

Anthony helped lead Syracuse to a national championship during his freshman season in which he was named the Final Four's Most Outstanding Player. He was originally selected by the Nuggets with the third overall pick in the 2003 draft.

The 6-11, 245-pound Kanter is a six-year NBA veteran who holds career averages of 11.3 points and 6.7 rebounds in 445 games played for Utah and Oklahoma City. In 72 games for the Thunder last season, the 25-year-old Switzerland native averaged 14.3 points and 6.7 rebounds, while recording the second-most point-rebound double-doubles in the NBA off the bench with 18.

The 6-8, 225-pound McDermott is a three-year NBA who holds career averages of 8.0 points in 183 games played for Chicago and Oklahoma City. In 66 games for the Bulls and Thunder last season, the 25-year-old McDermott averaged 9.0 points and 22.8 minutes.

"We acquired two 25-year-old players in this deal that we can develop, while sticking with our overall strategy of emphasizing youth and athleticism," Knicks general manager Scott Perry said. "With this trade, we have added scoring and aggressiveness to our frontcourt, and bolstered the team's perimeter shooting. We are glad to have finalized a trade that made sense for all of us."

Tokens
LeBron holds court, discusses Irving
September 25, 2017

INDEPENDENCE, Ohio (AP) The chaos of an incredible NBA offseason behind him, LeBron James returned to center stage. As usual, he didn't disappoint.

Speaking for the first time since losing in the NBA Finals, James discussed topics ranging from his future in Cleveland to a possible reunion with Dwayne Wade to a deep distaste for President Donald Trump on Monday during a free-wheeling, 45-minute news conference that served as the three-time champion's State of the Game address.

James grabbed the microphone and took off. This wasn't media day, this was his day. He was dominant:

- On Trump, who touched off a storm of protests across the NFL for saying owners should fire players who kneel during the national anthem: ''He doesn't understand how many kids, no matter the race, look up to the president of the United State for guidance, for leadership, for words of encouragement. He doesn't understand that, and that's what makes me more sick than anything.''

James refused to back off calling Trump ''a bum'' on Twitter .

- On former teammate Kyrie Irving, who demanded a trade and was dealt to Boston: ''I tried to give him everything and give him as much of the DNA as I could. At some point, when he was ready to take over the keys, I was ready to give them to him. So, the only thing I'm upset about is he took a lot of the DNA and a lot of the blueprint to Boston.''

- On former Miami teammate Wade possibly coming to Cleveland: ''I would love to have D-Wade a part of this team. I think he brings another championship pedigree, championship DNA. He brings another player to the team who can get guys involved, can make plays and also has a great basketball mind. I think it would be great to have him here.''

- On previous statements that he will finish his career with Cleveland: ''It hasn't changed. And that's why I sit up here today, still in this uniform, still ready to lead this franchise to a championship, put us in a position where we can be successful.''

- On the NFL's response to Trump and former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick, who initiated the kneeling protests last year to bring attention to police brutality against minorities. ''There was no divide. Even from that guy that continues to try to divide us as people. ... I salute Colin Kaepernick for being as powerful as he was and being the one who had to fall on his sword, unfortunately. I wish I owned an NFL team right now; I'd sign him today.''

The 32-year-old laughed several times during his question-and-answer period, and there were more than a few moments when James' mood turned serious as he tackled his bitterness toward Trump, whom he attacked with his tweet during a weekend when U.S. politics and sports collided.

James has been critical of Trump in the past, referring to him this summer as the ''so-called president'' following the violent protests in Charlottesville, Virginia.

James plays in a state that helped vote Trump into the White House, but the four-time MVP said that has no bearing on whether he'll speak up on issues or affect his work in the community.

''Even though this state voted for Trump, that doesn't stop me inspiring the people of this state and inspiring the youth,'' James said. ''Because I would be even more at wrong if I started to pound the people of Ohio. That makes zero sense. My job is and my calling is much bigger than that guy.

''I don't even like saying his name. So while I have this platform, I will continue to inspire the state of Ohio not only by what I do on the floor but also by putting 1,300 kids into school and spending almost $45 million.''

As for basketball, James thinks the Cavaliers are poised to make another title run.

Irving may be gone, but Cleveland's front office filled the point-guard hole with Isaiah Thomas and Derrick Rose, who impressed his new teammates during pre-camp workouts last week in Santa Barbara, California.

Rose is healthy again after undergoing several surgeries on his knees.

''I'm back in a winning environment,'' said Rose, who spent last season in New York. ''Everybody that's here has one common goal and that's to win the championship. That's something I've been wanting my entire career - the opportunity to play for a championship.

''I'm 28, people act like I'm 38.''

James saved some of his most glowing comments for Rose.

''The kid has a lot to prove from competing against him for so many years, especially in Miami when he was in Chicago and knowing the competitor he's been over the years,'' James said. ''Been a fan of him for a long time, and I never thought in my wildest dreams that I'd be a teammate of his.''

Before he left the dais, James called the summer ''probably the best NBA offseason that I've ever seen.''

He smiled.

''And I wasn't a part of it that much. That's the pretty cool thing.''

Tokens
NBA notebook: James salutes NFL response
September 25, 2017

LeBron James met with the media on Monday and answered questions on a wide range of topics, including President Donald Trump without mentioning his name.

James defended the protests at NFL games on Sunday in response to Trump attacking players through the weekend for kneeling during the anthem to protest racial injustice.

"First of all, I salute the NFL, the coaches, the players, the owners, the fans. Everyone had any association with the NFL was unbelievable," James told reporters at NBA Media Day. "There was no divide. Even from that guy that continues to try to divide us as people.

"He used the sports platform to divide us. Sports is so amazing, what sports can do for everyone, no matter shape, size, race. It brings people together like no other. I'm not going to let one individual no matter the power, the impact he or she should have ever use sport as a platform to divide us. The people run this country, not one person. And damn sure not him."

--The Cavaliers announced that newly acquired point guard Isaiah Thomas is expected to return from his hip injury in January.

Thomas was acquired last month from the Boston Celtics in a trade for Kyrie Irving. Thomas suffered a torn labrum in his right hip last season that caused him to sit out the last three games of the Celtics' loss to the Cavaliers in the Eastern Conference finals.

Questions following Thomas' physical examination and his recovery from a postseason hip injury served as a significant hiccup to completing the deal with the Celtics.

--The Cavaliers appear to be the front-runner to land free agent Dwyane Wade after he reached a buyout agreement with the Chicago Bulls.

The 35-year-old shooting guard was slated to make $23.8 million with the Bulls in 2017-18 but reached the buyout agreement with the Bulls after one season, according to multiple reports Sunday.

Talks between the two sides about a resolution intensified ahead of Monday's start of training camp, according to ESPN. Once Wade clears waivers, he can listen to offers and decide which team is a good fit for him.

--The Oklahoma City Thunder
officially acquired All-Star forward Carmelo Anthony from the New York Knicks.

In exchange, the Knicks get center Enes Kanter, forward Doug McDermott and the Chicago Bulls' 2018 second-round draft pick from the Thunder. The deal was agreed to Saturday afternoon after Anthony waived his no-trade clause ahead of the NBA Media Day.

The 6-foot-8, 240-pound Anthony, a 10-time All-Star and 14-year NBA veteran, joins the Thunder having appeared in 976 career games (all starts) while averaging 24.8 points, 6.6 rebounds, 3.1 assists and 1.1 steals.

--The Atlanta Hawks
acquired guard/forward DeAndre Liggins and cash considerations from the Los Angeles Clippers in exchange for draft considerations, the team announced.

A couple of hours later in an expected move, the Hawks released Liggins and the veteran is now an unrestricted free agent.

The Clippers created a $1.67 million trade exception with the move, according to ESPN. They will have one year to use the exception.

-- The Indiana Pacers signed forward Jarrod Uthoff, the team announced.

Terms of the contract were not disclosed for the 6-foot-9 Uthoff, who appeared in nine games with the Dallas Mavericks last season, averaging 4.4 points and 2.4 rebounds.

He also averaged 17.1 points and 9.1 rebounds in 11 games with the Fort Wayne Mad Ants of the NBA D-League.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dghsdabetfhf
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com