Brooklynworm's picks, and prredictions for week three nfl

Search
Tokens
LA RAMS (40.0) @ SAN FRANCISCO (+2 ½)
San Francisco, opened their season against Carolina, and lost 23 – 3, to a disabled Cam Newton. They follow up that loss, with another loss, by losing to a Seattle team 12-9. Both of those opponents they played, have outstanding defenses. On Thursday Night, San Francisco will face another solid defense, for the third consecutive week. So expect limited scoring on the 49er side of the ball, for this contest. The Rams defensive seven, will win the match up battle in the trenches, against a terrible offensive line. The Rams pass rush should be able to take advantage by neutralizing QB Hoyer, and his talentless wide receivers. So expect San Francisco to once again rely on their running game for offense. As for the LA Ram offense, QB Goff, that didn’t have a great game last week, should rebound. Goff, goes up against a 49er team that has an awful secondary, and linebacker Corps. To make matters worse, SF lacks a consistent pass rush. If QB Goff has time in the pocket, they will be able to put up some points. Don’t forget, SF hasn’t been challenged these past two games. Lost to a disabled Cam Newton, and lost to a Seattle team with the worst offensive line in the NFL (No, I didn’t forget the Giants). Predicted Score: LA RAMS 20 SAN FRANCISCO 13. LA RAMS -2 ½, AND TAKE UNDER THE TOTAL 40.0.

BALTIMORE (39 ½) @ JACKSONVILLE (+4)
I can make arguments for both teams. I can make excuses for playing the game in London, I can complain of the 9: 30 am start, but I can’t alibi for QB Bortles. Both teams have injuries to their offensive line, and both teams will be compromised by their defenses. Both QB’s Flacco, and Bortles, will be hurried, pressured, and sacked. Baltimore will have utilize their backs to pass catch, and run the football, against a Jag team with good linebackers. Jacksonville, lost their number one receiver last week, and have no depth at the receiver position. On top of that, the Raven secondary is outstanding, and Bortles will have no place to go. The Jags only game plan, is hand off, or lob short passes to RB Leonarf Fournette. However, will the inept Jag’s line be able to open holes? You can see the similarities of both teams. I wanted to make the Jags my play, however, Bortles is the starting QB, and I don’t trust him. It’s going to be a low scoring game. Predicted Score: BALTIMORE 16JACKSONVILLE 10, BALTIMORE -4, AND TAKE THE UNDER TOTAL 39 ½.

CLEVELAND (40 ½) @ INDIANAPOLIS (+1)
I swear I seen the line a couple days ago, Cleveland -4 favorites on the road? The line went from -4 to -1, and the Browns remains the favorites. Looks like the public has brought down the odds, and they like the Colts. Call me crazy, but I think Cleveland may have some value in this spot. It’s a fact that Andrew Luck will not start. That makes newly acquired QB Brissett as the starter. The Colts offensive line will have trouble providing pass protection, due to injuries. So Brissett will play the typical back up QB role, dinking, and dunking the football, and will toss short passes to his running backs, versus the Browns poor Linebacker corps. Cleveland, has one of the better NFL offensive lines. The Colts may have had some success pass rushing the QB, in their last two games. However, that will not be the case with the Brown’s stout offensive line. The Cleveland line will open holes, and will establish a running game rarely achieved by the Browns. The Browns have no talented wide receivers, especially with the ongoing QB situation. Bottom line, my computer rankings have them listed, Indianapolis 31 st, and Cleveland 32[SUP]nd[/SUP]. However, Cleveland has faced the better defenses in their last two games. I am banking on that fact, that the Browns will outlast the Colts till the end. These are two poor football teams, and the winner will be a toss-up: Predicted Score: CLEVELAND 19 INDIANAPOLIS 17, CLEVELAND – 1, AND TAKE THE UNDER 40 ½.

PITTSBURGH (44.0) @ CHICAGO (+7 ½)
Pittsburgh is off to a god start at 2-0. However, Roethlisberger’s stats are down, but the season is still young. Roethlisberger, will have good pass protection from his offensive line. Big Ben, should have time in the pocket, to pick off Chicago’s poor secondary, with his offensive weapons. On top of that, the Bears linebacker corps is banged up. On the Chicago side of the ball, you have QB Glennon. This guy is a turnover machine. However, if he avoids mistakes, and interceptions, he could be real good. Problem is, even if he played on the top of his game, his two best wide receivers are out. The ground attack looks like the Bears only option. Here’s a game you can’t assume, that the Steelers will romp, and cover the spread. The Bears, almost upset Atlanta in week one in the closing seconds, and trend wise, Pittsburgh is a poor road team, when laying more than a touchdown. Predicted Score: PITTSBURGH 24 CHICAGO 17, CHICAGO +7 ½, AND TAKE THE UNDER 44.0.

MIAMI (41 ½) @ NY JETS (+6)
QB Jay Cutler played well enough last week in his Miami Dolphin debut. He was challenged by a decent Charger secondary, and on top of that, Miami won the game outright on the road. Now Jay Cutler, now filled with confidence as a Dolphin, now faces one of the worst pass defenses in the NFL. The Jet secondary, and linebacker corps, and in combination with their weak defensive front seven, are awful. So expect RB Jay Ajayi to have a huge game, along with their two talented wide receivers. The Jet offense, cannot pass protect, or open holes for their running game. Miami’s front seven on defense, creates a mismatch in the trenches for the Jets, which they can’t handle. Miami’s weakness on defense is the linebackers. So the Jet plan of attack will be to run the football, and catch swing passes out of the backfield, limiting their offense. Do you realize, that the Dolphins within a three week span, will travel to London next week? Los Angeles, New York, and London. I don’t think this will affect their New York trip. Predicted Score: MIAMI 24 NY JETS 17, Miami -6, and take the under 41 ½.
DENVER (40 ½) @ BUFFALO (+3)
Denver just destroyed America’s team last week, and now only have to lay -3 points to the Buffalo Bills? I smell a rat with this line, so let me break this game down. The Broncos, have one of the best defenses in the NFL. Buffalo’s offensive line is hobbling with injuries, and they will be dominated by the Denver front seven defense. The Denver secondary is outstanding, however, Buffalo doesn’t have talent, or a playmaker at wide receiver, to challenge them. So Denver, will look to shut down the Bills offensive weapon, RB Shady McCoy. Since Denver doesn’t have to worry about the Bills passing game, they will load the box with eight defenders. Their only outlet, is to challenge Denver’s suspect linebackers, by getting Shady in open spaces to run, and catch the ball. Denver, although they romped the Cowboys last week, their QB Siemian, will be tested against a good bill secondary, and a stout defensive line. The Broncos offensive line is also suspect, and may not be able to rely on their running game with CJ Anderson. Anderson, has had his way going 2-0 versus lesser run defenses. Don’t expect the same success against the Bills. So you can see why QB Siemian will be challenged. He will face more passing downs, and third and longs. Bottom line. As one dimensional Buffalo can look on offense, they do have an excellent defense, that can keep them in this game at home. All the bets are on Denver. Like I said, this line doesn’t look Kosher to me, and I see a low scoring game. I will also stick my neck out, and call a Bills upset. PS Denver may be looking ahead to Oakland next week, and this game may be a distraction. Predicted Score: BUFFALO 17 DENVER 16, BUFFALO +3, AND TAKE THE UNDER 40 ½.

HOUSTON (43 ½) @ NEW ENGLAND (-13)
The line on this game immediately scares me, when I think about Houston’s stout defense. The other concern that I have, Brady rebounded against a weak New Orleans defense. Brady now will be tested, as well as his offensive line. Things aren’t that rosy with the Texan defense going into this game. The Texans, have a banged up secondary, with their best corner, possibly out. The latest news is that Gronkowski will play in this game. Although Houston has that pass rushing front seven, Houston, in past games against Brady, were burned by his quick release. So if Brady can keep the Texan defense on their heels, this will neutralize their pass rush. The other problem with Houston, is their poor offensive line play. This can spell trouble for Rookie QB Watson, when pressured. Although New England doesn’t have a pass rush of late, that may soon change. Word is that DE Hightower, and Burfict, could suit up this Sunday. So expect QB Watson to be doing plenty of scrambling, commit rookie errors, and thus turn over the football. Keep your eyes on Hightower’s status especially. Lastly, the New England corners, and linebackers, must play more efficiently in their secondary. They allow too many long vertical pass completions, and give up the big play. Predicted Score: NEW ENGLAND 30 HOUSTON 17, IF GRONK, HIGHTOWER, AND BURFICT PLAY, TAKE NE -13. IF THESE PATS DON’T SUIT UP, ESPECIALLY HIGHTOWER, AND GRONK, GO WITH HOUSTON AND TAKE THE POINTS. TAKE THE OVER 43 ½.
NEW ORLEANS (47.0) @ CAROLINA (-6)
The Bettors are flocking, and jumping on the Saint Band wagon. After all, those Saints are +6 point underdogs. They also learned that Carolina lost their best clutch receiver, TE Olsen, with a broken foot. Lastly, Cam Newton was hurt in last week’s game, and managed to finish the game. The Carolina offensive line can’t pass protect, nor can open holes for their running backs. The Saints strength is their front seven, and they will prevent Carolina from gaining any significant yardage on the ground. Carolina will heavily rely on McCaffrey, to burn the Saints suspect secondary. The Saints offensive line is no better. Brees is having trouble lighting up the scoreboard with many points, since he isn’t getting enough protection in the pocket. In addition, the Saint running game is nonexistent, and it looks like Head Coach Peyton, has given up on Peterson. So expect Brees to once again to face third and long, and less touchdowns. The key to this game, is Carolina’s solid defense. They have the personnel to defend the pass, and the run. So I am taking Carolina to win, and cover the spread. Predicted Score: CAROLINA 24 NEW ORLEANS 17, CAROLINA -6, AND TAKE THE UNDER 47.0.

TAMPA BAY (41.0) @ MINNESOTA (-1 ½)
Minnesota QB Sam Bradford, injured his left knee, and reports indicate as of Friday he may play? Not a promising “yes” that he will suit up, more like a maybe. Even if Bradford plays, he won’t be 100%, and that leg injury can hamper any of his mobility under pressure. The other issue I see, is the Vikings offensive line. Recall week one, Minnesota’s offensive line, played like Pro Bowlers, against the awful New Orleans Saints. I stated before week two against Pittsburgh, which the Vikes line wasn’t yet tested, and sure enough Pittsburgh dominated them. Now in week three, Tampa Bay has an excellent defensive front seven, and should put plenty of pressure on Bradford. In the trenches, the Bucs are best known for stopping their opponents running game. However, The Tampa Bay secondary played awful against Chicago, who lost their top receiver, and were burned by backups. Tampa Bay’s offensive line isn’t that much better. Their outside tackles, have problems pass protecting against Defensive Ends. Don’t expect QB Winston to get much help from his offensive line. If Winston is hurried, and pressured, his pass protection, will not afford him enough time to hook up with his talented receivers. Minnesota’s secondary last week, slowed down Pittsburgh explosive receiver corps, and Ben Roethlisberger. So I expect the same results this Sunday. Even with Bradford playing injured in this contest, I trust the Vikings outstanding defense across the board. The Vikes also have an excellent running game, which Tampa Bay will have difficulty stopping. Lastly, that new stadium in Minnesota is electric, and will be juiced comes game day. Predicted Score: Minnesota 21 TAMPA BAY 17, MINNESOTA -1 ½, AND TAKE THE UNDER 41.0.

ATLANTA (50.0) @ DETROIT (+3)
Detroit has played well in their first two games, and return home to face Atlanta as 3 point dogs? Regardless of the Vegas line in this game, you can’t ignore Detroit, and blow them off. Atlanta’s QB Matt Ryan, has an excellent offensive line that is banged up for this contest. Detroit has a dominating front seven on defense, and could win the battle in the trenches. That will leave Atlanta, has decent run blockers, and they may look to establish the run with Devonta Freeman. Detroit has good cornerbacks, and they have the ability, to slow Julius Jones, and company down. As for Detroit’s offensive attack, don’t expect much this weekend. Atlanta has a solid defense. They can rush the passer, they can stop the run, and have an excellent secondary. Predicted Score: ATLANTA 23 DETROIT 21, DETROIT +3, AND TAKE THE UNDER 50.0.

NY GIANTS (43) PHILADELPHIA (-6)
Before I start posting all the positive reasons why you should side with Philadelphia, beware of the “doesn’t make sense” pick. About 75% of the bettors, love Philadelphia -6 points. That’s understandable on paper. The Giants offensive line is the worst in the NFL, the Giants don’t have a running game, Beckham isn’t at 100%, and Brandon Marshall, and Eli Manning, have failed to show up this season. Philadelphia has a big edge over the Giants. The Giants plan of attack, will be to work short passes to Evan Ingram, and work on the weak Eagle corners. That weakness, may enable the Giant receivers to get open, and if Eli gets a little help from his offensive line. The bottom line, I expect to see sloppy football, with many turnovers, and plenty of passing. This game can become a shootout. Giants are 0-2, and they know one more loss without an effort, will prematurely end their season. Predicted Score: PHILADELPHIA 28 NY GIANTS 27, NY GIANTS +6, AND TAKE THE OVER 43.0.

SEATTLE (43.0) @ TENNESSEE (-3)
Before the regular season began, I considered the Titans my dark horse team, and advance in the playoffs However, as we enter week three, my opinion has changed about them. Mariotta, hasn’t impressed me, the Titan front seven hasn’t played up to their expectations, and the entire team in general, lacks that spark. Don’t let Seattle fool you. Although the Seahawks have a weak offensive line, they may be just good enough to out match the Titans overrated front seven, and slow their pass rush. If Wilson gets any time to throw, he will be able to exploit the Titans poor secondary, with his talented wide receivers. Besides, Wilson still has an edge, with his quarterback mobility. The same can be said about Tennessee’s offense. They have a mobile QB, they have playmakers at wide receiver to challenge Seattle’s banged up secondary. This should be a close game, but I have to take the points. Predicted Score: SEATTLE 21 TENNESSEE 20, SEATTLE +3, AND TAKE UNDER THE TOTAL 43.0

KANSAS CITY (46.5) @ LA CHARGERS (+3)
How many times has the Chargers come close to a win, and yet no cigar? A divisional rivalry game, with two teams going in opposite directions. Kansas City, came out of the chute fast and lose, defeating the Super Bowl champs by 15 points, and a good Philadelphia team by 7 points. Los Angeles lost two close ones with seconds remaining to Denver, and Miami. So even if the Chargers are 3 point underdogs, the line appears too accurate. Both teams have a pass rush, and both teams will dominate the line of scrimmage defensively. QB Alex Smith, has avoided sacks with his quick release, and the weapons on offense surrounding him (Kelce, Hunt, and Tyreek Hill) outmatch the Chargers offensive personnel. Looks like both teams will have success running the football with LAC RB Melvin Gordon, and KC RB Hunt. KC‘s front seven on the average allows 4.4 yards a rush, and LA allows 3.7 yards per rush. Both RB’s will play a big role in this game, since both teams defensively, have a pass rush. I think this game is won by a field goal. I will lean with KC to win this game, but to cover is a question mark. Predicted Score: KANSAS CITY 24 SAN DIEGO 21, KANSAS CITY -3, AND TAKE UNDER 46 ½.

CINCINNATI (44 ½) @ GREEN BAY (-9)
Buyer beware! Before you plunk a bet on Green Bay, and lay 9 points, consider this. Without a doubt, the Cincinnati Bengals rank right up there with Indianapolis, NY Jets, and Cleveland as the worst teams. Green Bay, with Aaron Rodgers at home, should destroy the Bengals in this game. However, Green Bay, has many players injured, and their key players, especially on offense, will not play. The Packers are more concerned of their short week contest on Thursday Night, versus their divisional foes, the Chicago Bears. As it stands, Cincinnati has the worst offensive line in football, and they only have two healthy receivers ready for this game. So I expect the Packers to rely on their front seven, to rush, pressure, and sack QB Dalton all four quarters. I have Green Bay easily winning this game, but because of the injuries, I am not sure they can cover. Regardless, I simply don’t like Cincinnati, and I am going with the Pack. Predicted Score: GREEN BAY 27 CINCINNATI 17, GREEN BAY -9, AND TAKE THE UNDER 44 ½.

OAKLAND (54.0) @ WASHINGTON (+3)
Recall, Oakland week one, was a 2 point underdog, on the road, and beat Tennessee 26-16 outright. Oakland is now a 3 point favorite on the road against a lessor inferior Redskin team. Oakland wins this match up hands down. The Raiders have the far better offensive line, they have a quarterback that has a quick release, that avoids sacks, and commits less mistakes, and lastly, the Raiders have a bonafide running back in Marshawn Lynch. Speaking of Lynch, he should have a field day, and run for over 100 yards, against a Redskin defense that allows 5.5 yards per gain. Once the Raiders establish the run, Carr, will seek his talented outside weapons, and hook up for many big pass plays. As for Washington, QB Cousins, has started the season below expectations, and he isn’t getting the football vertically deep down field. Washington’s offense is banged up, and they will struggle. Predicted Score: OAKLAND 31 WASHINGTON 24, OAKLAND -3, AND TAKE THE OVER 54.0.

DALLAS (47.0) @ ARIZONA (+3)
Denver put it to Dallas last week, and physically punished the Cowboys on the field, and on the scoreboard. After watching the Cowboys in 2017, I can tell you that Dallas doesn’t have the same dominate offensive line, like they had last season. Arizona, has the defense that can challenge the Cowboy line. The Cardinal front seven on defense is stout, and can shut down the run. In addition, the Cardinals have two shutdown corners, that should handily neutralize the Cowboy wide outs. QB Prescott’s only option, will be to hook up with TE Jason Witten. Since the Cardinals are outstanding on defense versus the run, RB Elliott will be limited gaining yardage. Without a running game, a suspect offensive line, and blanketed wide receivers, QB Dak Prescott, will be without all those potent weapons on offense. Keep in mind, last week, Prescott hurt his ankle, and should be limited in his mobility to escape any pass rush. Arizona, isn’t in that good of shape either. They already lost the best running back in the NFL, and they are having issues with their offensive line. Arizona, line is playing banged up, and out of position. This means, even if Dallas doesn’t have a bonafide pass rush, they should be able to pressure QB Carson Palmer, the entire game. If Dallas fails to pressure Palmer, Carson will take advantage of the Cowboys awful secondary, and that can spell doom for America’s team. Lastly, I noted how well Arizona plays at home. Win or lose, they are competitive till the end. Arizona returns home, for their home opener, after playing two consecutive game on the road, to start the season. In addition, this is a Monday Night game, and the Arizona fans will be roaring. Predicted Score: ARIZONA 23 DALLAS 21, ARIZONA +3, AND TAKE THE UNDER 47.0.

Tokens
B/worm..........nicely done with your write ups...........BOL this week..........indy

Tokens
Bummer with that London game. What a waste of time. get rid of London time football, and keep Thursday nights.

Your Bookies Worest Enemy
Handicapper
Tokens
Thanks for posting my friend, good luck this weekend....

Banned
Tokens
YOU SHOULD ABSOLUTELY KILL IT THIS WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Coming off a poor week, YOU will be $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
EVERYBODY should watch what you play this week!!!
:toast:
GL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
callgirls
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com