Forum: Political Forum - Spirited Political comedy. All serious political and World Event posting is also to be posted in this forum.

Thread: GOP Senate candidate Roy Moore denies allegation of sexual misconduct years ago with 14-year-old girl

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    BREAKING NOW: Another Yearbook discovered in rural Alabama has revealed that Jeff Sessions is Elmer Fudd.

And alludes to Inappropriate Touching between Fudd/Sessions & a Bunny. In 1957.

Film at Eleven.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheriff Joe View Post
    Didn't work with Trump but might work with Moore.

We'll see if Alabama voters see through this charade.
    Even family members of this accuser don't believe a word out of her lyin' mouth!

Darrel Nelson, the stepson of Judge Roy Moore accuser Beverly Young Nelson says the allegations are all lies. Nelson says he is baffled
    by the timing of the sexual advancement claims and voices his staunch support for the Alabama GOP Senate candidate.

“I’ve known the woman, she married my father many, many years ago. I’ve known her for a while now, and I truly do
    not believe that she’s being honest about this,” added Nelson.
    “You, Mr. Moore, your wife, I apologize for whatever reasons she is doing this i am truly sorry… I stand behind you 100%!”

“To my stepmother, whatever reason you did this, I have a few questions on this. Why did you wait so long if this did happen?
    You said you were a teenager when it happened, but here it is now, how many years later? And all of a sudden you’re going to
    bring it up when we voted him into the House and you trying to get him [taken] out? I’m not going to have.”
    “I don’t believe a word she says, but I do believe [Moore] is innocent.

RX Deplorable
    Leftism is the ideology of authoritarianism masquerading as ignorant idealism.

Life's a bitch, then you die! Dave007inVegas's Avatar
    I don't know if Moore is guilty or not but because McConnell is
    against Moore then I'm for him. It's only logical.

RX Wizard
    https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...214519673.html

We're up to 9 now. What's the over/under for the number by the start of the weekend? I make it 10.5, minus $1.20 on the under.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...214519673.htmlFour More Women Allege Encounters With Roy Moore

Yahoo View 18 hours ago

Two new reports detail four more women sharing allegations of their encounters with Roy Moore. As for Moore, his message to McConnell is 'bring it on.' Our reporter panel reacts.

I don’t normally do this, but when it comes to this Roy Moore situation, let’s start out today by invoking the memorable words of our president.
    Because if you’re running for a Senate seat that Republicans absolutely have to have, and if you’re easily the best chance they have to retain that seat, and if, despite all this, the same Republican leaders who have steadfastly stood by Donald Trump for the last year, even as they privately (and sometimes publicly) worried that he might destroy the country and accidentally annihilate the world, are bailing on you so fast and so frantically that they’re actually talking about refusing to seat you if you win, then let’s just put it this way:
    You’ve got to be one bad hombre.
    I’m not a fan of media stampedes, generally. And I suppose it’s possible that the ever-growing list of women who have accused Moore, in highly detailed accounts, of general creepiness and outright assault on teenage girls have all been put up to it by nefarious Democratic operatives.
    But I’m guessing the only ones who really believe that now are longtime, willfully blind supporters and Breitbart editors who profit from their insistence that reality is the opposite of whatever the coastal, elite media say it is.
    (Related: Apparently someone operating on Moore’s behalf has been calling people in Alabama posing as a sleazy Washington Post reporter named “Bernie Bernstein” who is trying to dig up more gossip about Moore. I mean, you can’t do better than that? There are plenty of names that sound more realistic. Like “Philip Roth,” or maybe “Hank Greenberg.” Use some creativity.)

Anyway, it seems to me there’s a lesson in this whole fiasco that voters across the spectrum would do well to remember, whether Moore somehow rebounds or is finished for good. Whenever someone runs for office as the arbiter of private morality, it’s worth asking yourself what he or she might be running from.
    There are, of course, plenty of loudly moralizing politicians who’ve adopted that persona mainly because they think it will get them where they want to go. Sarah Palin — you remember her — consciously refashioned herself as a culture warrior, even as her own family devolved into a kind of public soap opera, because that’s where the applause and the money were.
    But then you have a religious moralizer like Moore, who seems for all the world to be the truest of believers. Although Moore has never been elected to anything outside of Alabama, no one covering national politics over the last few decades could fail to have known who he was or what he stood for.
    This is a guy who suffered for the Ten Commandments more than anyone since Moses. He was twice elected chief justice of the state Supreme Court and was forced to step down both times — once for refusing to remove his monument to God’s law from the courthouse grounds, and again for defying the U.S. Supreme Court ruling that legalized gay marriage.
    Moore’s fans in Alabama — most of whom are good people, I’m sure — are left to wonder, as people always do in these instances, how to reconcile the Moore they knew with the predator they’re reading about now in the papers. How could a man so devoted to public morality have been hitting on teenage girls by signing their yearbooks?
    But it’s really not confounding at all. The truth is that moralizing and scandal are flip sides of the same filthy coin. Rigid intolerance is often the sign of one who can barely tolerate himself.
    It turns out that all that time Moore was raising hell about morality and religious values, he was exorcising personal demons at the public’s expense. He was posturing as the moral pillar he badly wished he were, in order to somehow repress the weak, wicked man he knew himself to be.
    You see this everywhere you look in public life. We know now that too many men, agonized by their own struggle with pedophilia, flock to the priesthood because they think they can redeem themselves. We’ve seen famous preachers come to tears railing against greed and adultery, because on some level they know they’re preaching to the mirror.

We’ve watched a media personality like Bill O’Reilly lecture us every night on the sanctity of moral values, while paying off the women he demeaned and bullied. We’ve witnessed the disgrace of a conservative politician like Larry Craig, the former senator who frowned on homosexuality until he was busted for lewd conduct in a men’s room and famously claimed he was the victim of his own “wide stance.”
    I’ve often heard it whispered in Washington that there is a larger concentration of closeted gay men working to restrict gay rights in the halls of Congress than you would find anywhere in the general population. Denial will make you a hypocrite faster than ambition ever can.
    And this isn’t strictly the province of religious conservatives, or of conservatives generally. I’m reminded, too, of John Edwards, who reinvented himself before the 2008 campaign as a moralizing liberal, stridently lecturing Americans about forgotten children in poverty and the need for responsible fathers — even as he lied outright to avoid acknowledging a child of his own.
    It’s hard not to think now that Edwards, in his own mind, had somehow conflated the personal and the political — that he believed he could atone in his public life for the sins he could scarcely bring himself to admit privately.
    I feel for a lot of these conflicted public servants — in a way I could never sympathize, as a father, with Roy Moore, given the stories we’ve heard. But your anguish shouldn’t be ours. The public square isn’t a substitute for therapy.
    I’ve written before about a bit of wisdom I once picked up from a psychologist friend of mine, who said that people always make you feel the way the world makes them feel about themselves. I was talking then about Trump — about how small and unworthy his rhetoric could make us appear.
    Roy Moore, it seems to me, spent the better part of 20 years trying to make a lot of people in Alabama feel dirty and flawed and unwanted. If he makes it to Washington and gets himself seated (which I really doubt), you can bet he’ll do more of the same.
    Sooner or later, it’s up to us to recognize this moral policing in our politics for what it often is: the accumulation of self-loathing, with nowhere else to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave007inVegas View Post

Pretty sound strategy.

I think the establishment has had enough of candidates like this threatening their grip on power. Fucking McConnell...he just can't rally the troops to get anything done and complains about Trump wanting to advance the agenda too quickly, but he wastes no time trying to throw whatever accusations he can against a non-establishment candidate like Moore.

If they take things too far, you're going to see a pretty angry reaction from a large number of Americans. The type of reaction none of us have seen in our lifetimes, sans for something like the Bundy Ranch...except on a much angrier scale. If you want to know what I'm really getting at, the 1860s come to mind...

Quote Originally Posted by JDeuce View Post
    Pretty sound strategy.

I think the establishment has had enough of candidates like this threatening their grip on power. Fucking McConnell...he just can't rally the troops to get anything done and complains about Trump wanting to advance the agenda too quickly, but he wastes no time trying to throw whatever accusations he can against a non-establishment candidate like Moore.

If they take things too far, you're going to see a pretty angry reaction from a large number of Americans. The type of reaction none of us have seen in our lifetimes, sans for something like the Bundy Ranch...except on a much angrier scale. If you want to know what I'm really getting at, the 1860s come to mind...
    He is the problem but I don't know what the solution is. There aren't enough
    Republican Senators who give a rats ass about the country. As for the Dem's
    they're loving ever minute of this.

As i said a couple of days ago I'm ready to give a dictatorship a shot.
    At least we'd see some things being accomplished good or bad.

Vote Democrats in and, due to their Immigration Policies, one is voting in favor of assaults on young women taking place as soon after they get into office that they can get the Muslims & South/Central Americans & 3rd World Africans moved in.

So theres that consideration as well. Democrat Party Politicians find Suicide by Muslim or Illegal Alien to be an acceptable outcome for the common Americans (as long as it doesn't happen to them), a fate that we are just supposed to Accept

because to not accept that is to not be Properly Accepting of Diversity. Not all Americans are down with just surrendering their kid's safety to a "Diversity Plan.", sacrificing their loved ones on altars made by Liberals.

Democrat Party Policies & The DNC itself are a contributor to people staying in support of Roy Moore here. Keep on Screaming at The Sky, Democrats. Your Bitchasses get Power & We all are Fucked.

That Rant ^^ cuz Propoganda Media CNN & MSNBC are over-using their new catch phrase: "There are people that would support a guy who sought sex with young girls over a Democrat!!!!"

well, Duh Democrats...has everything to do with your dangerous and crazy desires where regards Immigration.

This isn't the first time Moore has run for an office. Where was this woman 5-10-15 years ago? Are we really this stupid?

Quote Originally Posted by CookieNBabe View Post
    This isn't the first time Moore has run for an office. Where was this woman 5-10-15 years ago? Are we really this stupid?
    After 8 years of Obama the answer is an emphatic YES!

RX Deplorable
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave007inVegas View Post
    Of the many good things a Moore victory would signify handing McConnell another Mitch-Slap is near the top of the list!

#draintheswamp
    Leftism is the ideology of authoritarianism masquerading as ignorant idealism.

Conservatives, Patriots & Huskies return to glory Willie99's Avatar
    Home of Foxwoods, Mohegan Sun & Looney Libs
    the credibility of the accusers must have crumbled off the charts, not talking about them so much lately

especially love the yearbook hoax, one of them there "Dan Rather-make-it-up" moments. The only actual evidence in the case, and they won't release it for analysis

Did you know? this devastated women was divorced in 1989, 12 years after this horrific attempted rape accusation, and Roy Moore was the judge in her case. Not a peep, NOTHING, kinda weird, never mind the fact that his involvement at all in the case would be a conflict of interest if they had any kind of relationship (did CNN or MSNBC or the WP tell anybody this?)

and the fucking idiots swallow whole without reflex
    "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter". Winston Churchill "A rising tide raises all boats". JFK

Quote Originally Posted by Sheriff Joe View Post
    Of the many good things a Moore victory would signify handing McConnell another Mitch-Slap is near the top of the list!

#draintheswamp
    McConnell is a waste. So are McCain and Flake. At least Flake had the common courtesy to get out.
    He set an example of you should do when you suck. McConnell and McCain should follow him.

RX Wizard
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie99 View Post
    the credibility of the accusers must have crumbled off the charts, not talking about them so much lately

especially love the yearbook hoax, one of them there "Dan Rather-make-it-up" moments. The only actual evidence in the case, and they won't release it for analysis

Did you know? this devastated women was divorced in 1989, 12 years after this horrific attempted rape accusation, and Roy Moore was the judge in her case. Not a peep, NOTHING, kinda weird, never mind the fact that his involvement at all in the case would be a conflict of interest if they had any kind of relationship (did CNN or MSNBC or the WP tell anybody this?)

and the fucking idiots swallow whole without reflex
    Nah, as usual, the fucking idiot is YOU, Witless Willie, and you gobbled up the lie like you were scarfing down a 12 inch dong: https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-...enuous-defense

"As ThinkProgress noted earlier today, the claim that Moore made in his statement was reiterated by his attorneys on Wednesday evening. “As it turns out, in 1999, Ms. Nelson filed a divorce action against her then-husband, Mr. Harris,” the lawyer Phillip Jauregui said at a press conference. “Guess who that case was before? It was filed in Etowah County, and the judge assigned was Roy S. Moore, circuit judge of Etowah County. There was contact.” ThinkProgress reviewed the case file, and concluded that there was no contact.Nelson’s divorce attorney, Rodney Ward, still practices in Gadsden. He concurred with this attorney’s analysis of Nelson’s divorce case. “I reviewed my file, and there was no hearing set in front of Judge Moore,” Ward told me this morning. “Looking at a copy of the order, it looks like Moore didn’t sign it. It looks like it was stamped by his assistant.” Had Beverly Nelson known who the presiding judge was, Ward went on, “my client would have filed a motion to have the judge recuse himself, to have a different judge appointed. So I don’t even think she knew who the judge was. It was only, like, sixty days from the time the divorce was filed to the time it was dismissed. Maybe ninety.” Ward concluded, “If Moore is claiming that she appeared in front of him, I do not believe that’s true.”

Witless Willie strikes again...