GOP Senate candidate Roy Moore denies allegation of sexual misconduct years ago with 14-year-old girl

Search

Tokens
This story has been out for hours, but not a peep about in the Rx...shocking! Some scumbag Republicans are, in a manner of speaking, rushng to defend this turd.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/gop-...re-denies-allegation-sexual/story?id=51046527GOP Senate candidate Roy Moore denies allegation of sexual misconduct years ago with 14-year-old girl

Controversial Alabama Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore denied a Washington Post report Thursday that he engaged in sexual activity with a 14-year-old girl in the late 1970s, as prominent Republicans began to question whether he should remain in the race.

Add Republican Party as an interest to stay up to date on the latest Republican Party news, video, and analysis from ABC News.

"Judge Roy Moore has endured the most outlandish attacks on any candidate in the modern political arena, but this story in today's Washington Post alleging sexual impropriety takes the cake," read a statement from Moore's campaign, calling the story a "last ditch Hail Mary" by liberal organizations backing his Democratic opponent, Doug Jones.
"After over 40 years of public service, if any of these allegations were true, they would have been made public long before now," the statement continued, with Moore calling the report a "completely false and desperate political attack."
The Washington Post interviewed more than 30 people for its story, which included descriptions of a 32-year-old Moore kissing and removing the clothing of a 14-year-old girl in alleged encounters with her in 1979. Three other women told the newspaper that Moore courted them when they were 16 to 18 and he was in his 30s. At the time, the 14-year-old and her family members did not report the encounters to authorities, and none of the subjects of the report accused Moore of a crime. The age of consent in Alabama in 1979 was and remains 16.

Reached Thursday, Nancy Wells, the mother of the 14-year-old girl in the Post report, confirmed the account to ABC News. Another woman featured in the Post story, Debbie Wesson Gibson, who accuses Moore of asking her on a date and kissing her when she was 17 and he was in his 30s, told ABC News in a statement: “I stand by the interview I gave The Washington Post and feel that I am represented accurately in the story. Please refer to the article; I do not have any additional comment, thank you.”
The report immediately led to sweeping backlash in the political world, with a number of prominent members of Moore's party calling for him to withdraw from the race if the story is accurate.
"If these allegations are true, he must step aside," Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky said in a statement.
"The allegations against Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore are deeply troubling," Sen. Cory Gardner of Colorado, the chairman of the National Republican Senate Committee, said in a statement. "If these allegations are found to be true, Roy Moore must drop out of the Alabama special Senate election."
Unlike McConnell and Gardner, Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., called for Moore to "immediately step aside," without qualifiers about the authenticity of the story. "The allegations against Roy Moore are deeply disturbing and disqualifying," he wrote on Twitter.

Vice President Mike Pence's press secretary Alyssa Farah said Pence "found the allegations in the story disturbing and believes, if true, this would disqualify anyone from serving in office."
According to the Alabama secretary of state's office, a candidate can be removed from the state's ballot only if the request is submitted no later than 76 days before the election. With the special election for the Senate seat formerly occupied by U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions set for Dec. 12, Moore's name may not be removed should he withdraw.
If Moore steps aside, any votes cast for him will not be certified by canvassing boards, and any alternative Republican candidate would need to launch a write-in campaign.
Moore, a former Alabama chief justice who was twice removed from his post, defeated President Donald Trump–backed Sen. Luther Strange in a September primary runoff to become the GOP's Senate nominee. He has since been endorsed by a number of sitting U.S. senators, including McConnell, Gardner, Majority Whip John Cornyn and Ted Cruz.
Strange told ABC News on Thursday that he found the story "very, very disturbing." Asked if he would be willing to run as a write-in candidate, he responded, "No comment."
In a statement, Jones' campaign said, "Roy Moore needs to answer these serious charges."

Tokens
Is this happening during a campaign?

Any evidence?

Tokens
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/gop-...re-denies-allegation-sexual/story?id=51046527

4 Women Accused Roy Moore Of Sexual Misconduct. GOP Senators Need More Proof.

What would it take, exactly?

On Thursday, The Washington Post published a bombshell report with the stories of four women who say that Roy Moore, the Republican nominee in the Alabama Senate race, pursued them sexually when he was in his 30s and they were between the ages of 14 and 18.

All four women are on the record, with their names and photographs appearing in the story.

Leigh Corfman was 14 when she met Moore, who was then a 32-year-old district attorney. At one point, she said, he drove her to his home in the woods and undressed her.

“I wanted it over with — I wanted out,” she said she remembered thinking. “Please just get this over with. Whatever this is, just get it over.”

The Alabama Senate special election is Dec. 12. Much of the GOP establishment did not back Moore in the primary, but it has largely said it will stand by him for the general election. Some officials have endorsed Moore, while others have simply said they are fine with the outcome if it’s what Republicans in Alabama want.

But there’s no hiding now, with the Washington Post story. Reporters immediately pressed GOP senators to comment on the revelations. While they said the women’s stories sounded horrifying, nearly all of them added a caveat: Moore should step down “if” the allegations are true.

If these allegations are found to be true, Roy Moore must drop out of the Alabama special Senate election,” said Sen. Cory Gardner (R-Colo.), who chairs the National Republican Senatorial Committee.

“If these allegations are true, there is no place for Roy Moore in the United States Senate,” said Sen. Richard Shelby (R-Ala.).

If it is true, I don’t think his candidacy is sustainable, but we believe in a presumption of innocence until proven guilty and so I think it’s important for the facts to come out,” Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas) told reporters. “It’s not just an allegation, it’s a story. There has to be something more to it so I’m interested in seeing what substantiation there is for the story.”

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) ― who worked to oppose Moore in the primary and did not want him to become the nominee ― said, “If these allegations are true, he must step aside.”

Conservatives, Patriots & Huskies return to glory
Handicapper
Tokens
I heard it was a Russian teenage spy back in 1979, in the middle of the cold war

Mueller just sobpoenaed Moore's drycleaning and dental records from 1979

The girl is known to enjoy an occasional threesome with Hillary and Rachael Madcow, but they already concluded that relationship is meaningless

Tokens
The majority of poster at this site were not born when this fake news happened

Tokens
I guess you mutts forgot that the guy that Moore beat, Strange, was the guy who stopped the Alabama governor from being impeached for HIS sex scandal-though, of course, the governor, Robert Bentley, DID resign in absolute disgrace after denying the charges for a long time. And now, the candidate for Senator for the Not So Great State of Alabama has been accused of a sexual encounter with a child, along with at least 3 other females and, reportedly, with 30 sources. But, all of that doesn't matter to head up their GOP schmucks, whatta surprise.

Tokens
1979. Somebody said something. A girl above the age of consent was kissed?

Death penalty.

Tokens
1979. Somebody said something. A girl above the age of consent was kissed?

Death penalty.

"...above the age of consent?" 14? Wtf do YOU live, in the mountains of West Virginia? You and NFLTrends should go river rafting together, like in "Deliverance."

Tokens
Looks like some folks in here and in the GOP in Alabama are cool with pedophiles as long as they are on their team.

Daniel Dale

@ddale8

·4h

"Yeah!" Covington County GOP Chairman William Blocker tells me he'd consider voting Moore even if hard proof of sexual abuse emerged."There is NO option to support to support Doug Jones, the Democratic nominee. When you do that, you are supporting the entire Democrat party."

Daniel Dale

@ddale8

·4h

Tally from my calls to Alabama GOP county chairs: 4 vehemently pro-Moore, 3 no comment/"haven't read the story yet," 15 I couldn't reach, 0 criticism of Moore.

Daniel Dale

@ddale8

·4h

Postscript: GOP officer who'd vote Moore even if he was a proven sex offender refused in 2015 to accept the legalization of gay marriage, saying "it's wrong."

Daniel Dale

@ddale8

"Other than being with an underage person - he didn't really force himself," Alabama Geneva County GOP chairman Riley Seibenhener tells me. "I know that's bad enough, but I don't know. If he withdraws, it's five weeks to the election...that would concede it to the Democrat."

Tokens
Daniel Dale

@ddale8

·6h

"It was 40 years ago," Alabama Marion County GOP chair David Hall tells me. "I really don't see the relevance of it. He was 32. She was supposedly 14. She's not saying that anything happened other than they kissed."

Daniel Dale

@ddale8

·6h

Me: "The story said she said he tried to get her to touch his genitals." Hall: "Well, she said he may have TRIED to. But we're talking something that somebody SAID happened, 40 years ago. It wouldn't affect whether or not I'd vote

Daniel Dale

@ddale8

·6h

More Hall: “The other women that they’re using to corrobrate: number one, one was 19, one was 17, one was 16. There’s nothing wrong with a 30-year-old single male asking a 19-year-old, a 17-year-old, or a 16-year-old out on a date."

Daniel Dale

@ddale8

·6h

After a long pause, Alabama Bibb County Republican chairman Jerry Pow tells me he'd vote for Roy Moore even if Moore did commit a sex crime against a girl. "I would vote for Judge Moore because I wouldn't want to vote for Doug," he says. "I'm not saying I support what he did."

Daniel Dale

@ddale8

·5h

“I really can’t comment until I have a chance to digest it," says Tallapoosa County GOP chairwoman Denise Bates. “Nothing to say," says Marengo County chairman Robert Duke.

Daniel Dale

@ddale8

·5h

Alabama Mobile County GOP chairman John Skipper: "It does not really surprise me. I think it is a typical Democratic - Democrat - ploy to discredit Judge Moore, a sincere, honest, trustworthy individual."

Daniel Dale

@ddale8

·5h

"These allegations that surfaced today - to my knowledge, they're all bunk. No credibility whatsoever," Mobile County Republican chairman John Skipper tells me.

Tokens
Kinda surprised that those quick to go after others accused are defending this guy. Haha, no I’m not. These are the same people that voted for Trump.

Tokens
""Other than being with an underage person - he didn't really force himself," ??????????? Other than THAT, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the theater? Trying to justify pedophilia, unreal.

Tokens
No one is defending anything - we are just amused at the level of desperation - how can the left wing news even print this shit from 40 years - literally 40 years ago - this is the reason why Donnie got elected - and get's reelected - you guys just don't stop

Tokens
No one is defending anything - we are just amused at the level of desperation - how can the left wing news even print this shit from 40 years - literally 40 years ago - this is the reason why Donnie got elected - and get's reelected - you guys just don't stop

Wow, so few sentences, but so much dishonesty and stupidity: It's NOT "literally" 40 years ago, which you were dumb enough to actually EMPHASIZE, take your shoes off, you ignorant prick. More importantly, "No one is defending anything?" Wtf do you call what Michaelangelo said, not to mention what Alabama Marion County GOP chair David Hall and Alabama Geneva County GOP chairman Riley Seibenhener said? You're a lying sack of shit and/or you don't know how to read.

Tokens
Daniel Dale

@ddale8

·6h

"It was 40 years ago," Alabama Marion County GOP chair David Hall tells me. "I really don't see the relevance of it. He was 32. She was supposedly 14. She's not saying that anything happened other than they kissed."

Daniel Dale

@ddale8

·6h

Me: "The story said she said he tried to get her to touch his genitals." Hall: "Well, she said he may have TRIED to. But we're talking something that somebody SAID happened, 40 years ago. It wouldn't affect whether or not I'd vote

Daniel Dale

@ddale8

·6h

More Hall: “The other women that they’re using to corrobrate: number one, one was 19, one was 17, one was 16. There’s nothing wrong with a 30-year-old single male asking a 19-year-old, a 17-year-old, or a 16-year-old out on a date."

Daniel Dale

@ddale8

·6h

After a long pause, Alabama Bibb County Republican chairman Jerry Pow tells me he'd vote for Roy Moore even if Moore did commit a sex crime against a girl. "I would vote for Judge Moore because I wouldn't want to vote for Doug," he says. "I'm not saying I support what he did."

Daniel Dale

@ddale8

·5h

“I really can’t comment until I have a chance to digest it," says Tallapoosa County GOP chairwoman Denise Bates. “Nothing to say," says Marengo County chairman Robert Duke.

Daniel Dale

@ddale8

·5h

Alabama Mobile County GOP chairman John Skipper: "It does not really surprise me. I think it is a typical Democratic - Democrat - ploy to discredit Judge Moore, a sincere, honest, trustworthy individual."

Daniel Dale

@ddale8

·5h

"These allegations that surfaced today - to my knowledge, they're all bunk. No credibility whatsoever," Mobile County Republican chairman John Skipper tells me.

In light of the other comments, this one seems mild, but it shows the mindset of GOP scum: "Alabama Mobile County GOP chairman John Skipper: "It does not really surprise me. I think it is a typical Democratic - Democrat - ploy to discredit Judge Moore, a sincere, honest, trustworthy individual."

If he's so fucking honest, why did he get unanimously kicked off the Alabama Court Judiciary TWICE, as well as lie abut money he took from his own foundation?

https://www.salon.com/2017/10/11/roy-moore-took-a-salary-from-his-charity-after-saying-he-didnt/

Roy Moore took a salary from his charity after saying he didn’t

The Alabama Senate candidate received a $180,000 a year salary for part-time work at his Foundation for Moral Law

Judge Roy Moore, the Republican nominee in the Alabama Senate race, is under fire for understating the income he received from a charity he founded.
Although Moore had previously claimed that he did not draw a "regular salary" from the Christian charity, Foundation for Moral Law, he actually earned $180,000 each year for his part-time work there, according to a Washington Post investigation. Overall, Moore took home more than $1 million during his tenure as president of the charity, from 2007 to 2012.

The charity guaranteed Moore's salary by allowing him to be paid through speaking fees and charitable donations through his pastor and preacher ministry program, Project Jeremiah. If Project Jeremiah failed to earn enough revenue for Moore's salary, the difference would come directly from the charity itself.
In 2012, when the Foundation for Moral Law couldn't afford Moore's full salary, they gave him a promissory note for either back pay, that would eventually be worth $540,000, or a stake in a historic building in the Alabama city of Montgomery. One charity official said that Moore still owns the promissory note.
The Foundation for Moral Law has faced scrutiny prior to this recent revelation. The Campaign Legal Center, a Washington watchdog group, accused the charity of illegally promoting Moore's Senate campaign. Moore's wife, Kayla, sent a statement to the Post claiming that the Facebook page promoting her husband's campaign was "not an official page of the Foundation for Moral Law." Andrew Kaczynski of CNN has accused Kayla Moore of lying to the Post, pointing out that "the page is linked from the website and Kayla Moore runs the Facebook page."
When it comes to the issue of questionably using funds from one's own charity, Moore has good company. Trump himself was revealed to have spent $258,000 from his charitable foundation to settle lawsuits involving his for-profit businesses, possibly violating a law against self-dealing, in the process. Trump also potential flouted this law by spending $10,000 of the charity's money on a portrait of himself and $5,000 to advertise some of his hotels. This didn't stop Trump from accusing Hillary Clinton of running a "criminal enterprise," during the third 2016 presidential debate, because of controversies involving her own charity, the Clinton Foundation. He accused the charity of pay-to-play practices — that donors received special access to the Clintons, that it accepted donations from human rights abusers like the governments of Qatar and Saudi Arabia and that it poorly planned how it spent its funds in Haiti.

Conservatives, Patriots & Huskies return to glory
Handicapper
Tokens
Some people simply don't need evidence. Never mind evidence, the fact that this victim didn't come forward for 37 years is meaningless to the thoughtless wonders. Reported by the WP, already caught making up fake news multiple times this year. That too goes right ovet the heads of the assholes that actually embrace failure and love the swamp.

Again, they remind me how blessed I am to not be one of them.

In all seriousness, does any one of the fucking idiots ever put an argument in their own words? EVER? They ever try to think? EVER? Or do they always cite the words of some other fucking idiot that can't make a case but can certainly lie like a fucking vile POS.

From their politicians, to their media, to their fucking flocks, the biggest collection of dead weight ever assembled.

God help us help them. Give us the strength and the patience to deal with them, because I'm getting ready to let them drown in the toxic sewers they inhabit.

Tokens
So, you sick fuck, you think that a 14 year old girl can give consent?!?!face)(*^%:madasshol:ohno:

story is not a day old and nutjobs like you want him tarred & feathered, relax:

And women never lie about these things ...Just ask the duke lacrosse team ..
How's Tawana Brawley doing these days:

Tokens
Lots of questions I am sure everyone should be wondering and asking.

Why did it take so long? Over 30 years....

Why finally during a campaign?

Is there any evidence such as a diary or journal at least? Someone she back then told that could collaborate?

Description of the house and an old photo to back it up that she was there?

I feel bad for her if it is true and he should be strung up by his balls, castrated, and raped everyday of his life in prison... and bad for him if its just a political move to have him lose an election, and she should face the punishment he would face, Exact sentencing to the year.

Rx Normal
Tokens
40 years ago!! :missingte

40 years ago Jimmy Carter was president! :):)

40 years ago the libtards and pajama boys parading this fake news story weren't even born!! :Carcajada:

This is even more desperate than "Russia! Russia! Russia!" @):mad:

Although this bullshit last worked with Herman Cain (which infuriated me to no end!) it hasn't worked since. Libtards cried wolf one too many times. Voters now see through the predictable dirty political games of the left and their increasingly less relevant fake news propaganda mouthpieces.

Sooooo...

Grab those libtards by their pussies and never let go! :ok:

azzkick(&^

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
delsitfamilygroupcrop
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com