Forum: College Football Forum - Sponsored by:

Thread: Allabama Opened a 10 Point Favorite Against Auburn in the Iron Bowl.....Now (-3)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Allabama Opened a 10 Point Favorite Against Auburn in the Iron Bowl.....Now (-3) 
    RX SemiGod
    Do the "War Eagles" really have a chance to knock-off their big in-state rival Alabama? A couple of questions come to mind: Will the game against Louisiana-Monroe be a help or a hindrance; Will Auburn have enough time to rid the euphoria that followed the big win against Georgia; Will the recent display of Alabama QB Hurts offensive firepower (running the ball) give the Tide the final push to get them over the top, on into the play-offs (he looked great down the stretch against Mississippi State).

One thing is for certain, it will be a "hot time" in L.A. (lower Alabama) come kick-off. I wonder what the few tickets that will be available will sell for on the street. Is "white lighting" or "Jack Daniels" still the beverages of choice in that part of America. I always liked Pabst Blue Ribbon but it has become harder to find (seems nothing is "sacred" any more.........damn).

line should be around 3-4...did you really see 10?

RX Local
    Quote Originally Posted by Mack Donald View Post
    Do the "War Eagles" really have a chance to knock-off their big in-state rival Alabama? A couple of questions come to mind: Will the game against Louisiana-Monroe be a help or a hindrance; Will Auburn have enough time to rid the euphoria that followed the big win against Georgia; Will the recent display of Alabama QB Hurts offensive firepower (running the ball) give the Tide the final push to get them over the top, on into the play-offs (he looked great down the stretch against Mississippi State).

One thing is for certain, it will be a "hot time" in L.A. (lower Alabama) come kick-off. I wonder what the few tickets that will be available will sell for on the street. Is "white lighting" or "Jack Daniels" still the beverages of choice in that part of America. I always liked Pabst Blue Ribbon but it has become harder to find (seems nothing is "sacred" any more.........damn).
    lot of Jack Daniels and Miller Lites at the Au/Ga game. Au was acting like beating Ga was their game of the year , see if they re focus in 2 weeks

tickets will hit $500 to $1,000 a pair

RX SemiGod
    Quote Originally Posted by StevieRay View Post
    lot of Jack Daniels and Miller Lites at the Au/Ga game. Au was acting like beating Ga was their game of the year , see if they re focus in 2 weeks

tickets will hit $500 to $1,000 a pair
    $500 to $1000........Ouch.....I paid $100 dollars for my first automobile....("slightly" used)....Good luck this week Stevie....

Being a die hard Alabama fan i hate to say that Auburn does have a chance to beat them,but they do,...for one Alabama is banged up all over their team,second,,always tough game no matter what, and with it being at Auburn is no picnic either,and Auburn has a good team,i heard early on in the beginning of the season that if anyone had a chance to beat Alabama it was Auburn,.....I hope Alabama rolls of course and they may,but it should be a hell of a game

ROLL TIDE ROLL

Whether it's the best of times or the worst of times, it's the only time we've got.

RX SemiGod
    Quote Originally Posted by bookiereport View Post
    line should be around 3-4...did you really see 10?
    I saw the -10) in some blog.....prior to the Auburn-Georgia game; I'll try to find out where I saw it. Of course it is outdated now, Auburn's "stock" has indeed risen.

RX Member
    Interesting to note if Auburn beats La Monoroe and Alabama they will be in the SEC Campionship game and not Alabama. But....Alabama would probably still be in the playoffs.Who wold be ahead of them? Can Auburn do all that.... and beat Georgia in the SEC CHamponship and both them and Alabama make the playoffs? Thoughts

RX SemiGod
    Quote Originally Posted by exploited17 View Post
    Interesting to note if Auburn beats La Monoroe and Alabama they will be in the SEC Campionship game and not Alabama. But....Alabama would probably still be in the playoffs.Who wold be ahead of them? Can Auburn do all that.... and beat Georgia in the SEC CHamponship and both them and Alabama make the playoffs? Thoughts
    Some great observations.....the same conundrum they have in the Big-10....Say Wisconsin gets beat by Ohio State (a two-loss team) in the Championship Game (that could happen), what then "Committee People"? Another argument for a (8) team play-off.

RX Local
    Yes they can. Ala would only have 1 loss , Aub would have beat two number one teams down the stretch

could u imagine an Iron Bowl rematch for the National Championship game

RX Junior
    11-1 Alabama is not going to the playoff. Alabama's resume is very thin. They would be a team without a division or conference championship, with the best two wins being at Mississippi State and home to a top-25ish LSU team. Plenty of teams would have a better resume than that.

RX Local
    Quote Originally Posted by SABRWinners View Post
    11-1 Alabama is not going to the playoff. Alabama's resume is very thin. They would be a team without a division or conference championship, with the best two wins being at Mississippi State and home to a top-25ish LSU team. Plenty of teams would have a better resume than that.
    Ok then. A one loss Ala would be in

RX SemiGod
    Did the Alabama QB (Hurts) become of age during the Mississippi State game; He looked good down the stretch (I never realized he was as fast as he demonstrated in the 4th quarter of that game). He might give the Tide a new offensive dimension in the final games ahead.

RX SemiGod
    Sure, Auburn has a chance to beat the Tide. Bama's linebacker corps has been decimated by injury
    and it showed against Mississippi State with an active quarterback. Auburn's Johnson may just be the best RB in the SEC and
    he will be called on often. Problem I have with Auburn is their QB. He's like a statue in the pocket
    and little threat as a runner. Bama will get after his ass!

Game is at Auburn but Bama the better team and will win this game. Who said homer??

RX Senior
    What a mess if Auburn beats Bama then GA beats Auburn in the SEC!
    Will Bama and GA both get in? (sure some depends on Wisky and other teams last few games)
    And the irony is that both were beat by Auburn.

Well, the Charlotte Observer wrote up a pretty good case for the ACC getting two in (Miami, Clemson). I watched all of Tebow's interviews last Friday and he kept mentioning "chaos." LMAO, well men, we got it. I got Bama, Miami, Clemson and OU in the four tonight.

~T~

RX SemiGod
    Quote Originally Posted by Serbone View Post
    What a mess if Auburn beats Bama then GA beats Auburn in the SEC!
    Will Bama and GA both get in? (sure some depends on Wisky and other teams last few games)
    And the irony is that both were beat by Auburn.
    Welcome to the "college football play-off" format; When a "committee" decides who's [in] and who is isn't, heated debate will ensue.
    The team that ends-up being the "champs" in the NFL won it on the field. College football needs to come up with something other than a selection committee.
    An (8) team playoff could take away some of the uncertainties,

RX SemiGod
    Consider this scenario for the committee.
    Wisconsin 13-0, Alabama 12-1, Georgia 12-1, Miami 12-1, Oklahoma 12-1, Clemson 12-1.

Who should they select?

Quote Originally Posted by cloverleaf View Post
    Wisconsin 13-0, Alabama 12-1, Georgia 12-1, Miami 12-1, Oklahoma 12-1, Clemson 12-1.

Who should they select?
    we need an 8 team playoff. too many good teams are getting left out every year. if you're struggling to get to the top 7/8, then you probably arent a top 4 team anyway and less of an argument.
    also 2 losses doesnt immediately put you out of contention.
    and SOS, esp. non-conference SOS, should be strongly emphasized so teams schedule tougher opponents outside of conference.

in any case, in your scenario
    clem, okla, georgia and alabama would be the 4 teams in.
    wisky needs a couple teams to get 2 losses to jump past them.

if okla wins out, they are in
    if clem wins out, they are in
    if miami wins out, they are in
    if bama wins out, they are in
    if aub wins out, they are in
    if ga wins out, they are in.

obviously not all of these teams can win out so any loss by aub or ga or okla or clem likely knocks them out. i think a 1 loss miami team would have a hard time getting in but it depends on how everyone else does.

and lets face it, bama is getting in even with 1 loss to either Aub or Ga....these "other" teams are fighting for 3 spots.

ohiost/wash/tcu winning out would require a miracle to get them in the playoff.....

RX SemiGod
    + 1

Good stuff sdf.

+ 1

Good stuff sdf.
    thanks. i'm good for one good post per season. it's all downhill from here

RX Junior

Who should they select?
    In this scenario, the only team that is absolutely out is Miami. The only two teams absolutely in are Georgia and Clemson.

Clemson, having beaten a top-3ish, undefeated Miami team in order to win the conference title, with its other parts of its resume, is always making the playoffs in this scenario.

Georgia, having won the SEC and just beaten an undefeated, #1 Alabama team, is always in the playoffs in this scenario.

Miami is not getting in over Clemson in this scenario, and the ACC is not getting in two teams in this scenario. So they are out.

That leaves two spots for Wisconsin, Alabama, and Oklahoma. My money in this scenario is on Oklahoma and Wisconsin.

Who should they select?
    Time to start pushing for 8 team playoffs.

But jokes aside, if that is the situation all non sec teams should be given the edge but that wont happen.

Sec is the weakest of those conferences. But they have a lot of brand name/successful teams from the past that gives illusion of sec being good. Sec has bunch weak teams this year. Alabama or Auburn in sec looks like defensive greats but put them in the other conference and you will see how bad their defense really is....

RX Junior
    An 8 team playoff dilutes the regular season. Plus if we add another game then the talk continues about paying players. I don't think they should be payed but I understand the arguments behind it.

RX SemiGod
    Quote Originally Posted by sdf View Post
    thanks. i'm good for one good post per season. it's all downhill from here
    You've been around the "block" more than once sdf......hang in there......

RX SemiGod
    Not trying to be ugly Mack but it's pretty obvious our friend (99steak) hasn't been around the "block" even
    once.

Nothing personal toward a non-football guy because this is an open forum and we love them all.