Forum: Boxing, UFC, Mixed Martial Arts Forum - Picks, discussion and fighter analysis. This is TheRx's official fighting and combat forum.

Thread: More Likely to win Holm...Barboza or Esparza

1. #1 More Likely to win Holm...Barboza or Esparza 
    RX Senior
    Barboza +230
    Holm +300
    Esparza +210

I think all are pretty good live dogs for the price

Holm is a shadow boxer and is likely to get destroyed unless she catches Cyborg with a head kick. I though she was a good boxer but haven't see it.

Esparza could use wrestling but she is small and Cavillo could do what JJ did to her and light her up on the feet

If Barboza can stop takedowns he could win. But.....is it likely? Especially when he uses so many kicks. I don't know if a boxing game plan would be good because his kicks are what make him special This may be another headkick or body kick finish scenario if he is to win

RX Senior
    Small parlay all three on the ML . Not betting anything individually except maybe Diakese or Condit

RX Senior
    Only 1 play. Esparza +200 plus my ML parlay

RX Local
    I'd be surprised if Khabib lost. Had no problems cutting weight and has been dominant at LW.

Only way he loses if is he tries to stand with Barboza rather than just immediately shoot for a TD, which I think would be possible if circumstances were different but this is a huge fight for him in terms of getting back into the title picture so I think he would take the conservative, low variance approach.

I don't see Barboza being able to stay on his feet with Khabib. Only guy at LHW that could stay standing with Khabib is probably Kevin Lee.