Forum: NBA Basketball Forum - Post your picks or discuss anything related to betting the NBA here.

Thread: NBA Plays 2017-2018

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. #1 NBA Plays 2017-2018 
    Underdog
    Guys, posting these plays from a private player who is only that, a private player. No B.S., no props, no halves, no quarters. Just straight plays. Rarely if ever a Total.

22-11 Y.T.D., lost his last play on Brooklyn at New Orleans (they almost came back for the cover of +10). Also advises on opinions, last one on Sacramento (vs Cleveland) and late opinion on Golden State over Utah. Easily over 75% on Opinions! Does not care because he is not compulsive and does not need to bet every game like some people. Gets frustrated like all of us do because he likes a game and did not bet it (e.g. Golden State on December). Has a family and sometimes cannot text us his plays. We sit around and smoke cigars on Wednesdays. He is doing me a favor.

So here goes, I will begin posting his plays on this thread.

Underdog
    As of 6:00 EST from The Private Player:

Houston -2
    Chicago -2 (-120)
    Toronto -11 but waiting to see if line pulls back to -10.5 or -10.

More possible later.

In/lucky.........BOL with your action.........indy

Underdog
    December 29 Late Game: Some call these opinions, but not here. Again, 75% plus on these. May or may not play them, released for information. Will note if he plays this before game time. Not included in record unless it becomes a play.

A "Like" on Golden State -10 or better. May be -9.5 some places.

Underdog
    2-1 tonight, now 24-12 overall. Still has not played a total all season by the way.

There was no raise on Golden State, too much potential scoring from Charlotte to cover the 10. Also pissed (personally) because I liked Dallas and Milwaukee myself and did not add those to my own card. Oh well.

RX Junior
    Still nice run great work

Your Bookies Worest Enemy XSPower's Avatar
    Thanks and good luck today.....

Underdog
    Early play: Take Golden State -13 (moved to -13.5 some places). Either number but try and avoid the hook.

Underdog
    Adding Denver -6.5 as a play (see if you can buy down to -6; still a play at -7). Embid not playing for Philly, and Denver is hell at home.

Also, likes Detroit +5. They have lost ATS only to Boston, Cleveland and Golden State as home underdogs (won outright as home underdogs to other teams). So Detroit is a like (opinion selection by definition). However, only reason Detroit is not a full play is because we want to see how they do without Reggie Jackson.

Underdog
    Only Golden State could blow a 20-point lead with 1:29 left to go to either push or lose. Got it at -13 much earlier today. Johnny Q's money pushed it to -14 and -14.5 Should have offloaded at +14.5 with that much public action.

Had to remind my friend that Philly is 10-1 ATS last 11 in Denver (make that 11-1). Selection was based on Nuggets recent hot play, and tonight it is obvious the trend wins and Denver loses. $hit happens.

24-13-2 YTD. At least Detroit covered, but that one we don't count.

Underdog
    Bulls +8 (Day Game 3:30EST)

Underdog
    Dallas +8 (even with Paul George as a "go" for OKC)

Underdog
    2-0 and now 26-13-2.

Kicking ourselves for not playing the Nets. They have a remarkable record as an underdog of 10-4 (now 11-4) as underdogs of +4 to +9.5. Hell, they are 4-2 as dogs of 11+ points. Skipped it because of Boston's home court success. Nets are also 9-1 now after allowing less than 90 points in previous game!

Oh well, on to the next card.

Underdog
    Should have jumped on Minnesota last night, but too preoccupied with college football.

Tonight:
    Portland +9
    Knicks +6 (-120)

Simply got to go with the numbers. Cleveland 5-22 at home, Knicks 13-4 at home.

RX Member
    With all due respect, Mr. Unlucky, youre not suppose to post a record that was not documented on this site. Well, you can, but noone here is followed or was able to verify. On this site, your private player is 5-2 on here. Good luck, im on both plays as well today.

Underdog
    With all due respect...sorry it is not documented, but it is legit. I don't make the plays, I simply play them, so I documented them for credibility. I've got over 2.500 posts, and not interested in misleading anyone. You don't have to play them you know. On the other hand, I am offering these plays without duress. If I am breaking some sort of rule, someone can ban me from the site because I am going to continue to post until then. The site overall has a history of people crapping all over good handicappers and service plays. There must be some Book sponsorship involved.

Bad, bad night. That said, we learned a lot tonight by going with 2017 historical data. One, Spurs are a much different team with a healthy Kawhi Leonard and some time off. Never a good idea to bet against the Spurs anyway, but we did. Two, the Cavs are a VASTLY different team with Isaiah Thomas. 17 points tonight after not playing in months, and they thrashed the opposition. Not going to select plays anymore based on past ATS history alone. Now we know so we don't make the same mistake twice.

RX Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Unlucky View Post
    With all due respect...sorry it is not documented, but it is legit. I don't make the plays, I simply play them, so I documented them for credibility. I've got over 2.500 posts, and not interested in misleading anyone. You don't have to play them you know. On the other hand, I am offering these plays without duress. If I am breaking some sort of rule, someone can ban me from the site because I am going to continue to post until then. The site overall has a history of people crapping all over good handicappers and service plays. There must be some Book sponsorship involved.

Bad, bad night. That said, we learned a lot tonight by going with 2017 historical data. One, Spurs are a much different team with a healthy Kawhi Leonard and some time off. Never a good idea to bet against the Spurs anyway, but we did. Two, the Cavs are a VASTLY different team with Isaiah Thomas. 17 points tonight after not playing in months, and they thrashed the opposition. Not going to select plays anymore based on past ATS history alone. Now we know so we don't make the same mistake twice.

Im not suggesting you not post your picks, someone elses picks or anything for that matter. My comment was simply stating that saying you are posting plays and have an undocumented record IS misleading AND is against the rules on the forum. I truley am wishing you the best with the plays and obviously Im intrigued with them too, which is why I followed, however on Therx, documented plays are 5-4. Good luck Mr. Unlucky.

RX Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Unlucky View Post

I would just like to point out that Portland played in a fast paced overtime game Monday night in Chicago and had to turn around and play a Cleveland team on Tuesday in Cleveland that had dropped their previous 3 games, the last of which they blew a 10 point lead after the 1st quarter lead. Ultimately I played Cleveland banking on Portland just running out of gas... which they did. I feel situations are more important than past ATS history in the NBA.

Underdog
    Note to all who happen to read this thread:
    I am not recommending you play these picks. However, I do. I do not care who monitors the results, and I have zero interest in any kind of tracking, any "contest" or other recognition. Anyone who wants to connect with me via PM can do so if you wish. I will be more than happy to send a copy of every NBA wager I have made (it is all online action, not a local book). These are NOT my picks. I am posting these because my connection wins a hell of a lot of money, way more money than anyone who posts on this forum in ANY sport. I would also offer that most people who win money do not give two shits about any forum or posting their plays, so I am doing this as a favor specifically for those people who have shared either their exceptional plays or because they posted quality Service plays. So if you want, you may choose to ignore this thread or use it as a guide when you look at other threads (including the Services plays). I will continue to post and will continue to note that he is NOT A SERVICE, and my friend is 26-15-2 in NBA plays). On the other hand, I would add that most of the Services records posted in the Services Forum are fraudulent, because NONE OF THEM are posted every single day, so it is impossible to track accurately.

Best of luck to all!

Underdog
    Damn good point. Sometimes poor choices are made, and that was certainly the case last night as we all got used to taking points from the Cavs and winning. Portland was a poor decision we concluded, but the Knicks not covering at home was an anomaly.

Quote Originally Posted by FORGETABOUTIT View Post
    I would just like to point out that Portland played in a fast paced overtime game Monday night in Chicago and had to turn around and play a Cleveland team on Tuesday in Cleveland that had dropped their previous 3 games, the last of which they blew a 10 point lead after the 1st quarter lead. Ultimately I played Cleveland banking on Portland just running out of gas... which they did. I feel situations are more important than past ATS history in the NBA.

Underdog
    No plays since January 2nd debacle. Periodically the matchups suck, and we cannot find value for (sometimes) several days.

A slight lean to Detroit if we had to play one tonight, but we will wait until tomorrow and revisit the card.

Underdog
    Chicago +6
    Detroit +6 (either -110 or -120)
    Cleveland -9 (we will wait and see if we can get -8.5 closer to game, but doubt it drops). Very shaky play but Orlando is horrible right now and Cleveland has Thomas on the court tonight with a lot of recent losses. We just think they will win by double-digits.

Underdog
    Oladipo comes back for a pissed off Indiana, and they break the losing streak. We will not be taking anymore plays on Cleveland this season except in rare circumstances. The problem is with Tyronn Lou...he doesn't know how to coach and Lebron fails to inspire his team, not to mention they don't play well when they have a big lead. cleveland just does enough to get to the playoffs each year...not the chemistry needed to win a championship. They play ZERO defense in the 4th quarter of every game, and they refuse to defend the 3. A team of assholes coached by a clown. No way any NBA team should be outscored by a crippled Orlando team and allow 40 points in the 4th quarter?! Blow a 20+ point lead after 3 quarters?! Cleveland is the team you love to hate. No more wasted plays on the overrated Cavs.

Underdog
    27-17-2 (printout of all NBA plays back to late November available by request for the haters).

Underdog
    27-17-2 (printout of all NBA plays back to late November available by request for the haters).

Lazy Cavs: 6-24 as a favorite, 3-17 against sub .500 teams.

The good news is Orlando has to face the Mavs in Dallas on the 9th (looming blowout). Cavs head to Minnesota in 2 days.