Forum: College Football Forum - Sponsored by:

Thread: UCF National Champions!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 UCF National Champions!! 
    RX Senior
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    south florida
    Posts
    1,057
    The best part is that every time this is mentioned, SEC fan gets all bent out of shape!!

    priceless!!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    RX SemiGod
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Roll Tide
    Posts
    12,370
    Actually, suggesting Central Florida as national champions is a disservice to a team
    that had a great season. It's like a put down for what this team accomplished.

    No one in their right mind believes CF should be nationally considered. Silly!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    RX Senior
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    south florida
    Posts
    1,057
    When the bama/georgia game is finished and its time for the AP votes, UCF will receive some #1 votes. And since "voting against the norm" is popular these days, lets see what happens
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    RX Senior
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    rockchester
    Posts
    1,461
    don't see why they shouldn't be playing for the super bowl
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    RX SemiGod
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Roll Tide
    Posts
    12,370
    Quote Originally Posted by busterhyman View Post
    don't see why they shouldn't be playing for the super bowl
    especially with a schedule including FIU, Maryland, Memphis, Cinny, E. Car., Navy, Austin Peay, Temple,
    South Florida, and bowl win over Auburn. Excuse me, I left out powerhouse UConn.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    RX Senior
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    south florida
    Posts
    1,057
    4 of those wins were against 10+ win teams
    8 of those wins were against teams who played in bowl games

    alabama’s schedule ACTUALLY wasn’t that impressive if u dissect it
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    RX Wizard
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    unc
    Posts
    5,832
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightrofins View Post
    4 of those wins were against 10+ win teams
    8 of those wins were against teams who played in bowl games

    alabama’s schedule ACTUALLY wasn’t that impressive if u dissect it
    Dude, just stop, UCF had a good season but they ain't shit
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    RX Senior
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Hollywood, Florida
    Posts
    4,304
    No way should UCF get any votes to be number 1. They had a good season but their schedule doesn't merit it and beating a disinterested Auburn team wasn't a championship game.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    We see the light PeePee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    H-Town
    Posts
    1,968
    You just started a shit storm from SEC fans....
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    RX SemiGod
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Roll Tide
    Posts
    12,370
    I think Florida Atlantic should be national champions...after all they won 11 straight games.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #11  
    RX Senior
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    south florida
    Posts
    1,057
    Quote Originally Posted by PeePee View Post
    You just started a shit storm from SEC fans....
    Been doing this all week on social media and its the funniest thing
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #12  
    RX Wizard
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    unc
    Posts
    5,832
    Quote Originally Posted by PeePee View Post
    You just started a shit storm from SEC fans....
    It's not funny or a hot topic issue, just dumb
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #13  
    RX Senior
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    south florida
    Posts
    1,057
    I love hearing that UCF ONLY beat Auburn b/c they were unmotivated. Yet if Auburn won that game, we'd hear the SEC elitists let us know how UCF doesnt belong and blah blah blah. Cant win either way.

    This is awesome Buzz being created by UCF and its a chance to give a huge middle finger to the CFP.

    Win/win (also doesnt hurt that its a 45 min ride to disney who can hold a parade for em)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. #14  
    RX Local tmader7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Muleshoe, TX
    Posts
    17,121
    Quote Originally Posted by cloverleaf View Post
    I think Florida Atlantic should be national champions...after all they won 11 straight games.
    Hell Yeah, and Lane Kiffin is the Coach of the Year, LOL.

    ~T~
    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. #15  
    RX Senior
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    nc
    Posts
    1,617
    i doubt people will vote for it at seasons end but if they do receive some love it could help the argument to expand the playoff. i dont think they were the best, but they beat everyone that was put in front of them and a team that beat both teams that are playing tonight. great season none the less for ucf and hopefully one day a team like them gets their shot in the playoff
    Reply With Quote  
     

  16. #16  
    RX Junior
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    alabama
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightrofins View Post
    I love hearing that UCF ONLY beat Auburn b/c they were unmotivated. Yet if Auburn won that game, we'd hear the SEC elitists let us know how UCF doesnt belong and blah blah blah. Cant win either way.

    This is awesome Buzz being created by UCF and its a chance to give a huge middle finger to the CFP.

    Win/win (also doesnt hurt that its a 45 min ride to disney who can hold a parade for em)
    You say you are posting this to just get a rise out of the sec folks but as this thread goes forward , looks like you are the one getting upset . I think the deal is , you really believe CFla is national champs . Sad
    Reply With Quote  
     

  17. #17  
    RX Senior
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    south florida
    Posts
    1,057
    Quote Originally Posted by boomer1 View Post
    You say you are posting this to just get a rise out of the sec folks but as this thread goes forward , looks like you are the one getting upset . I think the deal is , you really believe CFla is national champs . Sad
    All i know is that my team went 13-0 this season, played in their conference championship game, and won their championship game. I believe that they will get first place votes in the final poll. I also know that the last time UCF played bama in football, UCF won. I also know that the last time that UCF played bama in hoops, UCF won.

    Keep telling us how great bama is but did they really deserve to make it to the CFP????
    Reply With Quote  
     

  18. #18  
    RX Local
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    North of there
    Posts
    22,353
    President Hillary Clinton is inviting National Champion Central Fla to the White House
    Reply With Quote  
     

  19. #19  
    RX Member JETE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    WITH MY CHICK
    Posts
    746
    yes they did
    To hell with the steam,the fade,the sharp,the square
    the head fake,the right side....just pick the winner.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  20. #20  
    RX Junior
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    alabama
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightrofins View Post
    All i know is that my team went 13-0 this season, played in their conference championship game, and won their championship game. I believe that they will get first place votes in the final poll. I also know that the last time UCF played bama in football, UCF won. I also know that the last time that UCF played bama in hoops, UCF won.

    Keep telling us how great bama is but did they really deserve to make it to the CFP????
    Ask Clemson if Bama deserves to be in the playoffs friend .. oh and congratulations on that 2 point win 18 years ago ..good work
    Reply With Quote  
     

  21. #21  
    RX Wizard
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    south carolina
    Posts
    5,577
    Let it go man, let it go. Take your great season and move on. If u think UCF is as good as any of the 4 teams that made the playoffs then you’re really showing your lack of football knowledge.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  22. #22  
    RX Senior
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    1,914
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightrofins View Post
    All i know is that my team went 13-0 this season, played in their conference championship game, and won their championship game. I believe that they will get first place votes in the final poll. I also know that the last time UCF played bama in football, UCF won. I also know that the last time that UCF played bama in hoops, UCF won.

    Keep telling us how great bama is but did they really deserve to make it to the CFP????
    You’d have lost 3 regular season games if you were in the SEC West and played some good teams non conference. Auburn was not fired up at all, after the SEC Championship game they had nothing to play for... UCF is a good club but not top 10.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  23. #23  
    RX Senior
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    ga
    Posts
    3,223
    Go Knights
    Reply With Quote  
     

  24. #24  
    RX Senior stock07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Back Seat of my Car, Most of the time
    Posts
    1,370
    Quote Originally Posted by Serbone View Post
    You’d have lost 3 regular season games if you were in the SEC West and played some good teams non conference. Auburn was not fired up at all, after the SEC Championship game they had nothing to play for... UCF is a good club but not top 10.
    Well they beat1 top 10 team and Id bet they could beat at least 1 maybe 2 more of those teams given the chance. But who knows,college football is about MONEY not who is best. But then again money can buy you some real good stuff. It certainly is a dog chasing its tail argument.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  25. #25  
    "I can't be faded", Dr. Dre mhk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    1,830
    No matter where you sit on this, the fact is Auburn played a football game against a "lesser" opponent. Lost. The only way to prove anything is on the field. If someone is keeping score, you play to win. Auburn did. Anyone that watched that game knows that Auburn put their heart and soul in that game, same as UCF. Look at the emotion during and after from the Auburn players.. They lost, period. Couldn't block a guy with one hand. Now do we feel UCF is a threat to topple UG, then Ala? Or Ala, then UG. No, don't think so. But a great story, great year they had. But to imply Auburn "gave up", wasn't interested, didn't try, etc means you could not possibly have watched that game.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •