Forum: NFL Football Forum - Sponsored by: WagerWeb - get your 100% bonus here!
Post your picks or discuss anything related to betting NFL football here.

Thread: Saints vs Vikings

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    There is such a big difference in the QB's experience in play-off games in all these match-ups. I am leaning to taking the more experienced play-off QB in all this round. Ryan, Roths, Brady, and Brees.
    I would rather have a grand-daughter working in a cathouse than have a grandson playing for the Yankees. Those that have no respect for the Flag, were never handed a folded one.

Last game of the weekend. I lean Vikings but there is one scenario that would allow Saints to be a goy for me personally, but I don't think it will happen. Everything else has to unfold first. We shall see but my hunch says it wont present itself.

RX Senior
    Back to qb play.. Rodgers played Kap twice in playoffs and lost both

Quote Originally Posted by BleedingPurple View Post
    Back to qb play.. Rodgers played Kap twice in playoffs and lost both

Lol I think Kaep is undefeated vs the packers and Rodgers. Threw for 400 yards against them in a season opener one year.

Saints are going home.

Vikings into the championship game

Banned
    Just bet the opposite of Mobdeeper cause he bets on past games instead of current facts.
    Sorry bro
    Not cool.

Quote Originally Posted by HENHOUSE232323 View Post
    Just bet the opposite of Mobdeeper cause he bets on past games instead of current facts.
    Sorry bro
    Not cool.
    History repeats itself. It was really cool when I had dallas +6 goy and greenbay to win by 1-5 pts + 335ish in 2014. The dez bryant "catch or not". Was very cool. Thanks bro.

RX Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintsFan1977 View Post
    Peyton Manning, Russell Wilson, Joe Flacco, Eli Manning, Aaron Rodgers, Ben Roethlisberger, drew Brees, Tom Brady Kurt Warner. One or both of these is always in the Super Bowl.

Rex Grossman, Matt Hasselbeck, and Colin kapernick aren't the norm. Those guys don't win. Brad Johnson has a ring because they went against the same team their coach previously coached. There is no way case keenum is winning a super bowl vs Tom Brady or big Ben. If Minnesota gets there it's to give either of those 2 a an easier ring.
    I guess your bar for the definition of great quarterbacks is not very high.

joe flacco great?
    eli great ?
    peyton two years ago great.....oh wait he was benched because he was so bad.....definitely not great.
    russel great?

your arguement that qb determine the winner doesn't seem based on facts....more on hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    I guess your bar for the definition of great quarterbacks is not very high.

joe flacco great?
    eli great ?
    peyton two years ago great.....oh wait he was benched because he was so bad.....definitely not great.
    russel great?

your arguement that qb determine the winner doesn't seem based on facts....more on hope.
    Not great but I guess above average. Case keenum and nick foles aren't selling jerseys.

Banned
    You Freeze Dried Mobdeeper? You been away for a while. What the heck are you talking about. Because someone beat someone in 2014 or 1984, they should win today or this weekend.

Wise up bro. You are making nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by BleedingPurple View Post
    The North Shore? I worked in Two Harbors for 13 years
    My wife and I live 100 mile south of Duluth and make three trips a year to the north shore. 2 on our Harley, one by car in Feb just to get out of the house. Beautiful ride!! we love to stop a the Landing and visit with J.J.

RX SemiGod
    Here's my two cents

Vikings hold the edge defensively, Saints hold the edge offensively. Overall I put both teams just about equal.

The qb vs qb situation is fairly even imo as well. I know Brees is better, but Keenum can run - HUGE advantage for 3rd downs and the goal line.

I don't really care who Minny lines up at safety Kamara will get his yards. 100+ for the day. The Saints receivers are soft and I don't see the sledding easy for long plays.

Minnys defense is very aggressive and Brees knows how to beat this, in fact an aggressive D at this point vs Brees may not be advised.

Can Howard is an animal and will cause problems in the pass g game for Minny all day and this is the first time in years the Saints are healthy in the secondary. Don't need to say much about Minnys secondary except they are very good and will hold N.O. in check

I think under is the way to go. 48 is a key number so I'm going to see if it makes that #. If not I'll buy to 48.
    OMG DuhhhhhFFFFIIIIINNNNNCCCCCHHHHHHH!!!!!!
    YOU ARE A TOTAL LOSER ! ! ! ! LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ

RX Wizard
    Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
    Here's my two cents

Vikings hold the edge defensively, Saints hold the edge offensively. Overall I put both teams just about equal.

The qb vs qb situation is fairly even imo as well. I know Brees is better, but Keenum can run - HUGE advantage for 3rd downs and the goal line.

I don't really care who Minny lines up at safety Kamara will get his yards. 100+ for the day. The Saints receivers are soft and I don't see the sledding easy for long plays.

Minnys defense is very aggressive and Brees knows how to beat this, in fact an aggressive D at this point vs Brees may not be advised.

Can Howard is an animal and will cause problems in the pass g game for Minny all day and this is the first time in years the Saints are healthy in the secondary. Don't need to say much about Minnys secondary except they are very good and will hold N.O. in check

I think under is the way to go. 48 is a key number so I'm going to see if it makes that #. If not I'll buy to 48.
    47 is a bigger key # than 48.... big money hit that over 45.

You Freeze Dried Mobdeeper? You been away for a while. What the heck are you talking about. Because someone beat someone in 2014 or 1984, they should win today or this weekend.

Wise up bro. You are making nonsense.
    You don't understand and that's okay. That's a good thing ghost man. I'm not basing this off of any particular year I'm basing it off the entirety of the league. I'm a historian.

RX Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by sports nut View Post
    My wife and I live 100 mile south of Duluth and make three trips a year to the north shore. 2 on our Harley, one by car in Feb just to get out of the house. Beautiful ride!! we love to stop a the Landing and visit with J.J.
    let me guess.. you live near harris or stacey? i am a vent pediatric home care nurse. i go as far as Pine City

RX Senior
    If Keenum.plays like he has all season Vikes win and I think the Vikes O line gets them there.

Here's a monkey wrench for all the Vikings backers who think Saints have no chance because of that defense...

This year Saints... (may have to confirm on this)
    3-3 when have + Turn Overs
    2-2 when win by 2+ TOs

The kicker.... 5-0 when they lose (-) the TOs battle. That is not normal in NFL and tells you something about Drew Brees/Saints this year... they keep coming.

Banned
    MOBDEEPERS
    12/04/1988 Minnesota Vikings New Orleans Saints H Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome (Minneapolis, MN) W 45-3

So... I guess the VIKINGS win on Sunday. I mean they did beat them in 1988 ...

Wise up.. you speakin nonsense...and not to be posted by you

RX SemiGod
    Quote Originally Posted by PeePee View Post
    Here's a monkey wrench for all the Vikings backers who think Saints have no chance because of that defense...

This year Saints... (may have to confirm on this)
    3-3 when have + Turn Overs
    2-2 when win by 2+ TOs

The kicker.... 5-0 when they lose (-) the TOs battle. That is not normal in NFL and tells you something about Drew Brees/Saints this year... they keep coming.
    This is definitely an anomaly.......interesting stat.

RX Member
    more stats for shits and giggle. Defensive passer ratings. 06 Bears, 10 Hawks, 11 49-ers, 13 Hawks, 17 Vikes

06 bears - 66.5 D passer rating, 40 sacks, 24 Int, 20 FR

10 hawks - 89.7 D passer rating, 37 sacks, 12 Int, 10 FR
    11 49ers - 73.7 D passer rating, 42 sacks, 23 Int, 15 FR
    13 hawks - 63.5 D Passer rating, 44 sacks, 28 Int, 11 FR
    17 vikes - 73.0 D passer rating, 37 sacks, 14 Int, 5 FR

for fun

17 saints - 79.0 D passer rating, 42 sacks, 20 Int, 5 FR

the 2010 & 2011 games were just a complete defensive collapse. in 2010 drew brees completed 65% of his passes for over 400 yards, 2 TDs, no picks. Julius jones and reggie bush were our only 2 running backs.

in 2011 Drew Brees was 40/63 for 462 yards, 4 TDs, 2 Int

this is the best pass defense sean payton has ever had for a road playoff game...ever. this is the best running game he's ever had for a road playoff game...ever. Drew Brees in 2010 and 2011 had a much deeper group of receivers

RX Wizard
    Quote Originally Posted by The Geauxt View Post
    more stats for shits and giggle. Defensive passer ratings. 06 Bears, 10 Hawks, 11 49-ers, 13 Hawks, 17 Vikes

06 bears - 66.5 D passer rating, 40 sacks, 24 Int, 20 FR

10 hawks - 89.7 D passer rating, 37 sacks, 12 Int, 10 FR
    11 49ers - 73.7 D passer rating, 42 sacks, 23 Int, 15 FR
    13 hawks - 63.5 D Passer rating, 44 sacks, 28 Int, 11 FR
    17 vikes - 73.0 D passer rating, 37 sacks, 14 Int, 5 FR

for fun

17 saints - 79.0 D passer rating, 42 sacks, 20 Int, 5 FR

the 2010 & 2011 games were just a complete defensive collapse. in 2010 drew brees completed 65% of his passes for over 400 yards, 2 TDs, no picks. Julius jones and reggie bush were our only 2 running backs.

in 2011 Drew Brees was 40/63 for 462 yards, 4 TDs, 2 Int

this is the best pass defense sean payton has ever had for a road playoff game...ever. this is the best running game he's ever had for a road playoff game...ever. Drew Brees in 2010 and 2011 had a much deeper group of receivers

Saints Pass D got torched in weeks 1 and two (vikings and patriots)
    look at who they played at QB from Week 3-10:
    still recuperating from shoulder surgery Cam Newton, Jay Cutler in London, Stafford (scored 38), Brett Hundley in his first start, Mitchell Trubisky in his first or 2nd road game, then Winston who got hurt and replaced and Tyrod who was pulled for Nate INT Peterman. YIKES
    then they started playing actual QB's again and look at the stats go against them from Weeks 11-18, minus Week 15 Bryce Petty at home
    Factor in losing 5 defensive starters since week 12 too
    Two LB's, two DL's, and Kenny Vaccaro at safety

RX Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintsFan1977 View Post
    So Minnesota wins, and either Matt Ryan or Case Keenum is in the Super Bowl. Atlanta lost last year and I dont see them getting back to the big game. Minnesota is very good but inexperienced if they get to the Super Bowl. If Minnesota gets there they will lose vs any AFC team.

Saints aren't experienced enough but they have Brees. It wouldn't surprise me if Saints beat Minnesota but it won't be a cakewalk.

I just can't see Case keenum in the Super Bowl. It's a QB league.
    if Eli can beatBrady twice, then Case Keenim can go to a Super Bowl. Especially with that defense.

RX Junior
    D. Brees any day over keenum. Experience over anything, QB is everything in playoffs. First game had Bradford and cooks starting. The playoff pressure will get to Keenum, especially in the 4th quarter. Look for key turnovers favoring the saints. Saints are super bowl contenders, expect an ATL vs NO battle for the NFC.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobdeeper7239 View Post
    History repeats itself. It was really cool when I had dallas +6 goy and greenbay to win by 1-5 pts + 335ish in 2014. The dez bryant "catch or not". Was very cool. Thanks bro.
    Sorry bro
    Not cool.

BAHAhahahhaAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

I DID IT AGAIN BaHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

If I'm not the greatest....... I'm the closest one.

Dumb fucking fool. Fade what????? Make another ghost name cock sucker

How the fuck did I call that shit AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by powerz View Post
    It Cracks me up when Posters throw out their opinions without really doing some research - MOB you are better than this usually do your research!

Carolina had the 3rd best run defense in the league this year and Held NO to 40 rushing yards at home yesterday...when the Saints held the lead all game.

Minnesota has the second best run defense in the league...what makes you think the Saints will be able to run the ball on the road against this unit when they couldn't vs Carolina.

The OP is focused on Defense not offense - thats what matters in the PO's...

Love the Vikes this weekend SKOL VIKINGS!

Keep laughing. I keep teaching. . Don't play me like that bro, I like you. You know what I come with.

You see why I was going back and forth.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$