Forum: Political Forum - Spirited Political comedy. All serious political and World Event posting is also to be posted in this forum.

Thread: Oprah now top Democrat for 2020.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RX SemiGod
    Trump was just asked on TV about Oprah.....he said she's a lovely woman, but doesn't think she will run for president.

RX Member
    I can't see her running and there will be some high dollar and high profile folks that will encourage her to do it. So I agree with Trump..... Let's see that makes the _ time in how many?

RX SemiGod
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Play Ball View Post
    I can't see her running and there will be some high dollar and high profile folks that will encourage her to do it. So I agree with Trump..... Let's see that makes the _ time in how many?
    Oprah would have to give up all her businesses TV channels, etc.....pretty much put them under someone else's control I guess & I don't see that happening.

RX Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Computer Group View Post
    Oprah would have to give up all her businesses TV channels, etc.....pretty much put them under someone else's control I guess & I don't see that happening.
    And coming from her modest and humble roots, unlike Trump; being dishonest is harder.

Quote Originally Posted by festeringZit View Post

Quote Originally Posted by StevieRay View Post
    HTF could she even be considered .
    I'm with ya....makes a f****d up speech at a f****d up event. And now she's a presidential candidate?! That's f****d up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilbet View Post
    According to Fox News. How about a real odds maker...They still have her up at 2nd. I thought Biden (and maybe Bernie) would be atop the list.

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/politi...grp_ids=482040

too much! And how about Chelsea Clinton at 100/1?! lol Isn't she like 21 or something?
    And btw,, wasn't Donald Trump at like 150-1 when he first put his name out there?

RX Local
    Quote Originally Posted by joebatters View Post
    I'm with ya....makes a f****d up speech at a f****d up event. And now she's a presidential candidate?! That's f****d up.
    Very. This freakn country

RX Member
    I just don't see why she would want to. Right now, she has had a charmed life (one that she worked hard for) where she is pretty much liked by everyone ... and if not liked, rarely hated. I just don't see her wanting to deal with about 1 out of every 2 people hating her. She has never had to deal with that level of dislike.

She clicks a lot of checkboxes for the left:
    Black or Mexican? Check
    Female? Check
    Gay? It has been rumored before. She is certainly in great with the LBGTQZOGPDCGD community.

To be fair, I prefer her to just about every other candidate from the left that I have heard of. A successful business woman > Any career politician.

I just can't see her giving up the charmed life for the almost hellish existence of being a Presidential candidate and then the actual hell of being a President. That job ages you.

I mean if we are choosing between Oprah and someone like Booker, Warren or Harris, it is an easy choice. We know for sure the later 3 would be a level of atrocious that we might not ever recover from.

RX Local
    This was the dumbest thing I read yesterday.

Do it!

Trump wouldn't even have to campaign.

Blowout

RX Member
    There are a few basic groups of people.. The wealthy, the poor; the educated, the uneducated, the ones that do not belong to any of those 4 groups... Making 5 groups.. To win you need take 3 of those 5 groups. Sad to see an us against them mental state. But that's what it is.. And you can color it with lots of cute words than mean little or nothing. To me it's sad.

Oprah will fall hard.....hahahahahaha

RX SemiGod
    Wouldn't be surprised to see the Dems go the Celeb route

RX Member
    This thread is about dumb and dumber....She won't run...But the very ones that say dems divide the country post they hope so.... What a joke. If you like Trump be the silent majority, not the loud mouth whatever that he IS... Oh but he's brilliant...

RX SemiGod
    Oprah is a curve ball - when she doesn't take off with the entire party they will put the Creep in

Life's a bitch, then you die! Dave007inVegas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StevieRay View Post
    HTF could she even be considered .
    You don't need to look any further than Obama. That's how.

I don't see one person on the other side that can beat Trump at the moment.. unless something goes haywire , its 7 more years folks.

Quote Originally Posted by RED EYE View Post
    I don't see one person on the other side that can beat Trump at the moment.. unless something goes haywire , its 7 more years folks.
    Are you for real? Do you honestly believe he would / will win an election for a second term? (If he decides to run)
    GET THAT $$$

RX Local
    Are you for real? Do you honestly believe he would / will win an election for a second term? (If he decides to run)
    As of right this second, with the way the economy and employment is booming and with the latest passing of the tax bill that is putting money in everyone's pocket, there's no doubt in my mind Trump would be reelected tomorrow morning.

Interesting. On a strictly non-political basis, my thought process is...
    - He got a lot of the I hate politician votes.
    - He squeaked out a electoral college win, not popular vote. (which happens, its how our system is setup)
    - I feel like voter turnout will be much higher to vote against Trump.
    - He got all the votes he is going to get in the first election. I dont think there will be MORE of a swell to vote for Trump.
    GET THAT $$$

RX Senior
    i agree that turnout will be much higher to be against trump than in the previous election, however the turnout against Clinton was pretty strong too. I feel pretty neutral on oprah but she doesnt make a difference in the swing states i dont think. trump campaigned better than clinton. Sure oprah will carry california and the strongholds for the democratic vote but she likely wont win in the states which swing the election. ya know what way most of the country is going before the damn thing happens. can she sway the vote in ohio, pennsylvania, michigan and those states which are close. i dont think so unless trump support drops.

OPRAH????????? JFC

Doomed... DNC doomed.

4 years of good things happening. Some might even wake up and say , "I was wrong about this guy "

RX Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by RED EYE View Post
    4 years of good things happening. Some might even wake up and say , "I was wrong about this guy "
    where people get their information needs to change for that to happen. certain stations will always put a spin on things