Forum: Political Forum - Spirited Political comedy. All serious political and World Event posting is also to be posted in this forum.

Thread: Senator Feinstein humiiates corrupt Iowa Repub by releasing transcript

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Senator Feinstein humiiates corrupt Iowa Repub by releasing transcript 
    RX Wizard
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    bronx, ny
    Posts
    9,670
    Lol, crooked ass Repubs continued their disgraceful diversion attempts, sitting on their asses for a year and then coming out with a recommendation to go after Steele, the Brit who complied the enormously useful pee-pee dossier. The old broad bent that stupid corn farmer and corn holed his wrinkled old ass. Repubs didn't want the transcript realized, gee, I wonder why?

    Democratic Senator Releases Transcript of Interview with Dossier Firm

    By NICHOLAS FANDOS, MATTHEW ROSENBERG and SHARON LaFRANIEREJAN. 9, 2018


    WASHINGTON — Senator Dianne Feinstein of California, the top Democrat on the Judiciary Committee, defied her Republican colleagues on Tuesday to unilaterally make public a much-discussed transcript of the committee’s interview with one of the founders of the firm that produced a salacious and unsubstantiated dossier outlining a Russian effort to aid the Trump campaign.
    The interview, with Glenn R. Simpson of Fusion GPS, provided few revelatory details about the firm’s findings on the Russian election effort or on President Trump and his campaign. But both the circumstances of its release and the vivid picture it paints of Mr. Simpson’s operation and his chief Russia investigator, Christopher Steele, provided fresh ammunition to both sides of a growing fight over the dossier.
    In his testimony, Mr. Simpson sought to portray himself as an astute researcher well versed in the Russian government and that country’s organized crime. And he said Mr. Steele, the former British spy he hired to investigate the campaign’s ties to Russia, had “a Sterling reputation as a person who doesn’t exaggerate, doesn’t make things up, doesn’t sell baloney.”


    Mr. Steele believed that his investigation had unearthed “a security issue about whether a presidential candidate was being blackmailed,” Mr. Simpson told the committee.
    Mr. Simpson and Peter Fritsch, the firm’s co-founders, had called for the Judiciary Committee to release the transcript in an Op-Ed essay in The New York Times, arguing that it would show that Republicans were unfairly smearing their work. The request inspired a tart back-and-forth with Senator Charles E. Grassley of Iowa, the committee’s Republican chairman, but appeared to be going nowhere until Tuesday, when Ms. Feinstein took the side of Fusion.


    “The American people deserve the opportunity to see what he said and judge for themselves,” she said. “The innuendo and misinformation circulating about the transcript are part of a deeply troubling effort to undermine the investigation into potential collusion and obstruction of justice. The only way to set the record straight is to make the transcript public.”
    For Ms. Feinstein and Mr. Grassley, two senior senators who worked closely last summer to initiate a joint Russia investigation, the breach was striking. But it reflects the growing divide between the two parties.
    Republicans have repeatedly and vocally raised concerns that the dossier — a set of reports paid for by Democrats — could have been mishandled by the F.B.I. as it was opening its own investigation into the Russian effort and the Trump campaign. Democrats say scrutiny of the dossier’s provenance is a distraction from the central question: Did the Trump campaign knowingly seek aid from Russia?


    Democrats were still seething on Tuesday at the decision by Mr. Grassley and another Republican on the panel, Senator Lindsey Graham of South Carolina, to issue a criminal referral last week for Mr. Steele. The senators said they had reason to believe Mr. Steele had lied to federal authorities about his contacts with the media and urged the Justice Department to investigate.
    A spokesman for Mr. Grassley said Ms. Feinstein’s decision was “totally confounding.”
    “Her action undermines the integrity of the committee’s oversight work and jeopardizes its ability to secure candid voluntary testimony,” the spokesman, Taylor Foy, said.
    Mr. Simpson said he hired Mr. Steele in the late spring of 2016, and the former spy grew alarmed soon after getting to work. With Mr. Simpson’s blessing, he reached out to an old contact at the F.B.I. in early July.
    “To me, it was like, you know, you’re driving to work and you see something happen, and you call 911,” Mr. Simpson said.
    Current and former American and foreign officials with direct knowledge of the investigation say that the federal inquiry did not start with Mr. Steele’s dossier, early parts of which did not reach counterintelligence investigators at the F.B.I. until August, after the bureau’s inquiry had already begun. But the officials have said that the dossier added material and buttressed what American law enforcement and spy agencies were gleaning from other sources.
    According to Mr. Simpson, it was not until late September, nearly two months after the F.B.I. investigation had begun, that the F.B.I. reached out to Mr. Steele. He then met with agents in Rome to brief them on his work.
    At that meeting, Mr. Steele learned that his information was considered credible by the F.B.I. “because they had other intelligence that indicated the same thing and one of those pieces of intelligence was a human source from inside the Trump organization,” Mr. Simpson testified.
    Mr. Simpson did not disclose the identity of the human source in his August testimony. But people familiar with the matter said that Mr. Steele, after being questioned by the F.B.I., came to believe that the bureau’s human source was George Papadopoulos, a former Trump campaign foreign adviser.
    In fact, the source was an Australian diplomat who had spent a night drinking in London with Mr. Papadopoulos in the spring, and then shared with American officials what he had learned from the Trump aide.

    Mr. Simpson said Fusion played no role in deciding what to include in the memos that would eventually be compiled into the dossier.
    But Mr. Simpson said that Mr. Steele “broke off” his connections with the F.B.I. after The New York Times ran an article on Oct. 31 that said the bureau had found no conclusive or direct link between Mr. Trump and the Russian government.
    Citing law enforcement officials, the Times article said that “none of the investigations so far have found any conclusive or direct link between Mr. Trump and the Russian government.”
    Since then, investigators and journalists have developed extensive evidence linking Mr. Trump’s associates to Russian government and intelligence operatives, but as yet there is still no public evidence of a direct link between President Trump himself and the Kremlin.
    At the time, many in the F.B.I. did not believe Russia was aiming to explicitly help Mr. Trump. That consensus did not emerge fully until January 2017 when American intelligence agencies released a report saying that the Kremlin’s intentions were twofold: to “undermine public faith in the U.S. democratic process” and to “help President-elect Trump’s election chances.”
    Mr. Simpson, in his testimony, called the Times article “a real Halloween special.”
    “There was a concern that the F.B.I. was being manipulated for political ends by the Trump people and that we didn’t really understand what was going on,” Mr. Simpson said. “So he stopped dealing with them.”
    The concerns prompted Mr. Steele to share his work with a former British diplomat, who passed the information to Senator John McCain after the election.


    Mr. McCain is believed to have then met with James B. Comey, then the F.B.I. director, to discuss the dossier. In January, weeks before the inauguration, the dossier became public after news broke that Mr. Comey had briefed President Barack Obama and Mr. Trump on Mr. Steele’s work.The release of the transcript broke what had more or less been a prevailing rule of secrecy around Congress’ various investigations into Russia’s efforts and the Trump campaign. Though pieces of information from witness interviews in the House and the Senate have leaked to the news media, only two complete transcripts — from House Intelligence Committee interviews with Carter Page and Erik Prince — had been publicly released among hundreds.In a brief interview, Ms. Feinstein left open the possibility of releasing other transcripts from the committee’s investigation.



    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Conservatives, Patriots & Huskies return to glory Willie99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Home of Foxwoods, Mohegan Sun & Looney Libs
    Posts
    61,845
    not plausible
    "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter". "A rising tide raises all boats". "MAGA"
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    RX Wizard
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    bronx, ny
    Posts
    9,670
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie99 View Post
    not plausible
    WHAT'S "not plausible," you brain dead chimp? She already did release it, and it's obvious Republican scum are trying to divert attention that Twittler is taking them all off of the roof with him, you fucking asshole.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    RX Member LENBO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    3,056
    Only in Libtard Nation can the dossier be viewed as enormously useful.



    Trump lawyer Cohen sues Fusion GPS, BuzzFeed over Steele dossier



    Enough is enough of the #fake #RussianDossier," Cohen tweeted Tuesday. "Just filed a defamation action against @BuzzFeedNews for publishing the lie filled document on @POTUS @realDonaldTrump and me!"
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Conservatives, Patriots & Huskies return to glory Willie99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Home of Foxwoods, Mohegan Sun & Looney Libs
    Posts
    61,845
    their collusion and obstruction narrative is crumbling, it's actually looking more likely to be turned around against them at this point in time, but they continue to grasp at straws

    another "what happened" soon to shock their world
    "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter". "A rising tide raises all boats". "MAGA"
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    RX Member LENBO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    3,056
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie99 View Post
    their collusion and obstruction narrative is crumbling, it's actually looking more likely to be turned around against them at this point in time, but they continue to grasp at straws

    another "what happened" soon to shock their world

    It's not mentally fit for office week after that enormously useful book by Michael Wolff came out . Laughable idiots.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    RX SemiGod
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    13,158
    Quote Originally Posted by Dafinch View Post
    WHAT'S "not plausible," you brain dead chimp? She already did release it, and it's obvious Republican scum are trying to divert attention that Twittler is taking them all off of the roof with him, you fucking asshole.
    Aren't you in your 70's or something? just laughing to myself that a 70 year old dude would call another person a brain dead chimp and finish with u fucking asshole
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    RX Local
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The Coast
    Posts
    15,445
    Only idiots like FagFelch and freak Feinstein think it's a good idea to release privy info like this - all for political gain - then turn around and point the finger at the right for playing partisan politics.
    Total morons - congrats FagFelch you're a bigger was hat than previously thought
    OMG DuhhhhhFFFFIIIIINNNNNCCCCCHHHHHHH!!!!!!
    YOU ARE A TOTAL LOSER ! ! ! ! LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    RX Wizard
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    bronx, ny
    Posts
    9,670
    Quote Originally Posted by Seymour View Post
    Aren't you in your 70's or something? just laughing to myself that a 70 year old dude would call another person a brain dead chimp and finish with u fucking asshole
    You have no idea how old I am, scumbag, and, at ANY age, I'm miles ahead of a fucking moron like you.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    RX Member LENBO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    3,056
    Quote Originally Posted by Dafinch View Post
    You have no idea how old I am, scumbag, and, at ANY age, I'm miles ahead of a fucking moron like you.

    Hmmm.....
    How young could one possibly be if he saw Stan Musial play at the end of his career when he was a little kid Nostaw 1952 ?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #11  
    RX Wizard
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    bronx, ny
    Posts
    9,670
    Quote Originally Posted by LENBO View Post
    Hmmm.....
    How young could one possibly be if he saw Stan Musial play at the end of his career when he was a little kid Nostaw 1952 ?
    You keep babbling about that as if it's one, fact, and two, relevant. What IS a fact, Dumbo, is that you're a moron.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #12  
    RX Member LENBO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    3,056
    Quote Originally Posted by Dafinch View Post
    You keep babbling about that as if it's one, fact, and two, relevant. What IS a fact, Dumbo, is that you're a moron.

    Your post from across the street cum guzzler . FACT .


    I was little and only saw him at the end of his playing career, but I remember that distinctive batting style, which was described as peeking around the corner to see the pitch coming. RIP, Stan .
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #13  
    RX Wizard
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    bronx, ny
    Posts
    9,670
    Quote Originally Posted by LENBO View Post
    Your post from across the street cum guzzler . FACT .


    I was little and only saw him at the end of his playing career, but I remember that distinctive batting style, which was described as peeking around the corner to see the pitch coming. RIP, Stan .
    Says YOU, scumbag, and, again, what's your POINT, you brain dead cocksucker? Who gives a fuck who you saw as a little brat or who you think I saw? Like I said, you're a moron, Dumbo.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. #14  
    RX Member LENBO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    3,056
    Quote Originally Posted by Dafinch View Post
    Says YOU, scumbag, and, again, what's your POINT, you brain dead cocksucker? Who gives a fuck who you saw as a little brat or who you think I saw? Like I said, you're a moron, Dumbo.

    OK Nostaw .
    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. #15  
    Conservatives, Patriots & Huskies return to glory Willie99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Home of Foxwoods, Mohegan Sun & Looney Libs
    Posts
    61,845
    Quote Originally Posted by Dafinch View Post
    WHAT'S "not plausible," you brain dead chimp? She already did release it, and it's obvious Republican scum are trying to divert attention that Twittler is taking them all off of the roof with him, you fucking asshole.
    you're not very bright

    of course releasing a transcript is plausible, so it SHOULD BE OBVIOUS I'm not referring to the release of a document. Suggesting such a release can't happen would be as dumb as the shit you come up with

    What's not plausible is that such release "humiliates" somebody on the other side of the aisle, since everything she's selling is a lie. She's intellectually dishonest to her very core, because really stupid people enable her to be such
    "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter". "A rising tide raises all boats". "MAGA"
    Reply With Quote  
     

  16. #16  
    RX Wizard
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    bronx, ny
    Posts
    9,670
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie99 View Post
    you're not very bright

    of course releasing a transcript is plausible, so it SHOULD BE OBVIOUS I'm not referring to the release of a document. Suggesting such a release can't happen would be as dumb as the shit you come up with

    What's not plausible is that such release "humiliates" somebody on the other side of the aisle, since everything she's selling is a lie. She's intellectually dishonest to her very core, because really stupid people enable her to be such
    First of all, reports are that the stupid, corrupt old Iowa corn farmer was furious that she dared to ignore his demand NOT to release the transcripts, but, she did, and now, he's left standing with his limp dick in his hand, and, secondly, you give example number, oh, 1,000 or so, that you are, indeed, Witless Willie: how the FUCK would YOU know that "everything she's selling is a lie" when you don't even know all that is IN the transcript, you fucking idiot?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  17. #17  
    RX Local
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    30,962
    Quote Originally Posted by Dafinch View Post
    Says YOU, scumbag, and, again, what's your POINT, you brain dead cocksucker? Who gives a fuck who you saw as a little brat or who you think I saw? Like I said, you're a moron, Dumbo.
    You're in your 70's?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  18. #18  
    RX Local Acebb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    19,578
    California senator apologizes to Grassley over Trump dossier

    Want to get a good laugh?

    Ask this chimpanzee to explain how, exactly, anyone was "humiliated" by this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  19. #19  
     

  20. #20  
    RX Local
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The Coast
    Posts
    15,445
    OMG DuhhhhhFFFFIIIIINNNNNCCCCCHHHHHHH!!!!!!
    YOU ARE A TOTAL LOSER ! ! ! ! LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ
    Reply With Quote  
     

  21. #21  
    Life's a bitch, then you die! Dave007inVegas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Henderson NV
    Posts
    24,074
    Feinstein: A cold made me do it!

    Reply With Quote  
     

  22. #22  
    RX Wizard
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    bronx, ny
    Posts
    9,670
    Quote Originally Posted by Acebb View Post
    California senator apologizes to Grassley over Trump dossier


    Want to get a good laugh?

    Ask this chimpanzee to explain how, exactly, anyone was "humiliated" by this.
    What I had a good laugh about is, the video that you posted doesn't say a single, solitary word about any "apology," nor do I see this so called "apology" ANYWHERE else except in this Iowa publication, so, I'm calling bullshit-and, even if it were true, it doesn't change the fact that he was humiliated, which is why he and Twittler are whining like little bitches, you stupid prick. Still think Mueller didn't have enough evidence to indict Flynn, Jagoff?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  23. #23  
    RX Local Acebb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    19,578
    Quote Originally Posted by Dafinch View Post
    What I had a good laugh about is, the video that you posted doesn't say a single, solitary word about any "apology," nor do I see this so called "apology" ANYWHERE else except in this Iowa publication,
    You proudly admit you are ignorant.

    It is hysterical, you silly baboon.

    Feinstein blames 'bad cold' for handling of Fusion GPS transcript

    "The one regret I have is that I should have spoke with Senator Grassley before. And I don't make an excuse but I've had a bad cold and maybe that slowed down my mental facilities a little bit,” she said, according to a tweet from a fellow NBC producer.

    -============

    On Wednesday, she told reporters that she had apologized for not giving Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) a heads-up about it first. Republicans had previously said the testimony to the committee would not be released.



    Reply With Quote  
     

  24. #24  
    RX Local
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The Coast
    Posts
    15,445
    Quote Originally Posted by Acebb View Post
    You proudly admit you are ignorant.

    It is hysterical, you silly baboon.

    Feinstein blames 'bad cold' for handling of Fusion GPS transcript

    "The one regret I have is that I should have spoke with Senator Grassley before. And I don't make an excuse but I've had a bad cold and maybe that slowed down my mental facilities a little bit,” she said, according to a tweet from a fellow NBC producer.

    -============

    On Wednesday, she told reporters that she had apologized for not giving Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) a heads-up about it first. Republicans had previously said the testimony to the committee would not be released.



    Ms.Finch?
    You get owned multiple times a day.
    How do you keep doing it?
    OMG DuhhhhhFFFFIIIIINNNNNCCCCCHHHHHHH!!!!!!
    YOU ARE A TOTAL LOSER ! ! ! ! LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ
    Reply With Quote  
     

  25. #25  
    RX Local
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The Coast
    Posts
    15,445
    Why MsFinch? Why?

    OMG DuhhhhhFFFFIIIIINNNNNCCCCCHHHHHHH!!!!!!
    YOU ARE A TOTAL LOSER ! ! ! ! LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ
    Reply With Quote  
     

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •