Forum: Political Forum - Spirited Political comedy. All serious political and World Event posting is also to be posted in this forum.

Thread: Trump complains about allowing immigrants from 'shithole' countries

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    RX Local
    Quote Originally Posted by wabashwonders View Post
    Give me a break Joe. He doesn’t need to act like YOU GUYS to get things done. I am not complaining about what he has done, I’m complaining about how he acts and presents himself. I’m not here to go back and forth with you and I won’t. Enjoy yourself for 3 more years because if he doesn’t change his ways, I predict he won’t get re elected. Makes no difference to me who the President is. My life is fine either way and nothing will make a major change for me. Like I said, I voted for Trump, I’m not against the guy but I won’t vote for him again if he doesn’t change. And I’m sure there are many out there who feel the same as me. I’ll check back in 3 years to see if I’m right.
    So open-borders suppressing wages, eroding standard of living and changing our cultural fabric makes no difference to you? But the President being crass does?

I don't like him either but who cares, this isn't a View episode. You either think current US immigration policy sucks or you don't.

RX Wizard
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan1283 View Post
    So open-borders suppressing wages, eroding standard of living and changing our cultural fabric makes no difference to you? But the President being crass does?

I don't like him either but who cares, this isn't a View episode. You either think current US immigration policy sucks or you don't.
    Come on, I didnít say it doesnít make a difference. I said it wonít change my life. Iíve watched all this shit for over 5 decades and it never made a difference in how I lived my life. And it wonít make a difference now. You donít think he will lose votes if he keeps acting this way? I said on this forum 3 years ago that I like Trumps tell it like it is attitude but that he needs to become more Presidential when telling it. He hasnít and I think it will hurt him next election if he doesnít improve. We will see in 3 years if Iím right.

RX Local
    3 years is an eternity these days, I don't know what people will be thinking then.

But if he's the 1st President in 50 years to put forth immigration policy that Americans actually like then I'm guessing that is going to work out pretty favorably. Especially when it is in contrast to the modern Democrats stance on that issue. He already won one time talking about this stuff while acting like an idiot, so I'm guessing implementing would work out even better for him.

Probably could perform an abortion in the White House as Ann Coulter said.

RX Wizard
    I don’t know how old you are but I’m 62, and for me 3 years will fly by and is not an eternity. The main reason I voted for Trump at the last minute was because he said he had a replacement for Obamacare that would be great for everyone. We all know now that was a lie, so let’s hope he actually has an immigration policy that works.

RX Local
    I don’t know how old you are but I’m 62, and for me 3 years will fly by and is not an eternity. The main reason I voted for Trump at the last minute was because he said he had a replacement for Obamacare that would be great for everyone. We all know now that was a lie, so let’s hope he actually has an immigration policy that works.
    Semantics. I think we can all agree in modern politics 3 years is a long time and predicting 2020 elections right now is probably a little early. 3 years ago Jeb Bush was the betting favorite for the Republican nominee.

What would an "immigration policy that works" look like to you?

RX Wizard
    Semantics. I think we can all agree in modern politics 3 years is a long time and predicting 2020 elections right now is probably a little early. 3 years ago Jeb Bush was the betting favorite for the Republican nominee.

What would an "immigration policy that works" look like to you?
    Lol, you’re asking me that question after the posts I’ve just made? I have no idea what will work but I do know this country was built on immigration and just closing up all the borders and saying NO ONE can enter is not the right thing to do. I’m certainly for preventing people from entering our country who can not contribute to society. We are still the land of opportunity, are we not? So those that are willing to contribute and want to pursue that opportunity should be given the right. How we separate the good from the bad is the $trillion question!!

Banned
    So because she did it , I can do it too and itís alright. I expected better from you. Iím talking about the President acting like a President. Please donít act like the regulars down here and deflect to someone else. Like I said, I expected better from you.
    I'm just saying you have to be fair to both sides. That's all. If you're going to criticize Trump, you have to criticize the top Dem in the party too.

Banned
    Lol, you’re asking me that question after the posts I’ve just made? I have no idea what will work but I do know this country was built on immigration and just closing up all the borders and saying NO ONE can enter is not the right thing to do. I’m certainly for preventing people from entering our country who can not contribute to society. We are still the land of opportunity, are we not? So those that are willing to contribute and want to pursue that opportunity should be given the right. How we separate the good from the bad is the $trillion question!!
    But this is the issue. Trump has never said such a thing. He wants immigrants to enter legally within the rule of our laws.

RX Local

I don't get what the "lol" is for, the posts you made indicate no policy preferences as it relates to immigration. Even this post I'm quoting also indicates no policy preferences as it relates to immigration.

And there is no one that has ever said we're going to go from 1m+ people migrating here a year to 0. So your opinion is in agreement with 100% of the population that we're going to have immigration. We're also going to have courts, schools and even a military.

RX Wizard
    I don't get what the "lol" is for, the posts you made indicate no policy preferences as it relates to immigration. Even this post I'm quoting also indicates no policy preferences as it relates to immigration.

And there is no one that has ever said we're going to go from 1m+ people migrating here a year to 0. So your opinion is in agreement with 100% of the population that we're going to have immigration. We're also going to have courts, schools and even a military.
    Exactly why I laughed. This has been a problem my entire life and not one politician has fixed it. There obviously is no simple fix.

RX Wizard
    Quote Originally Posted by Enfuego View Post
    I'm just saying you have to be fair to both sides. That's all. If you're going to criticize Trump, you have to criticize the top Dem in the party too.
    I’m not choosing sides and you obviously don’t get it. First off, I voted for Trump and if I want to criticize him, that’s my right. Secondly, this isn’t about party, it’s about the President. I don’t give a fuck what party he belongs to, I think he should act more Presidential and and if he doesn’t, I think it will hurt him when 2020 gets here. Can you understand that was the only issue I’m addressing here?

RX Local
    Exactly why I laughed. This has been a problem my entire life and not one politician has fixed it. There obviously is no simple fix.
    What makes you think they thought it needed to be fixed? When you hear Democrats and many Republicans talk, do they sound like they think this is something that needs to be fixed?

Cheap labor + new consumers to buy tons of shit + millions of new voters works for a lot of people.

It's not that hard to fix, the results would just upset a lot of people.

RX Wizard
    Lol, you are reading too much into what I’m saying. I agree with you and that was my point. No one has done anything about it because there is no easy fix to the problem.

Banned
    I’m not choosing sides and you obviously don’t get it. First off, I voted for Trump and if I want to criticize him, that’s my right. Secondly, this isn’t about party, it’s about the President. I don’t give a fuck what party he belongs to, I think he should act more Presidential and and if he doesn’t, I think it will hurt him when 2020 gets here. Can you understand that was the only issue I’m addressing here?
    I agree with you about acting presidential but disagree with you that will hurt him.

Far right - Love him and they aren't changing their minds.
    Far left - Hate him and they aren't changing their minds.
    Middle - Don't care as long as there are jobs and the economy is good.

That's my take at least.

RX Deplorable
    Come on, I didn’t say it doesn’t make a difference. I said it won’t change my life. I’ve watched all this shit for over 5 decades and it never made a difference in how I lived my life. And it won’t make a difference now. You don’t think he will lose votes if he keeps acting this way? I said on this forum 3 years ago that I like Trumps tell it like it is attitude but that he needs to become more Presidential when telling it. He hasn’t and I think it will hurt him next election if he doesn’t improve. We will see in 3 years if I’m right.
    Give me a break.

Trump's "shit hole" comment was made in a private meeting, not a public speech.

You think other presidents didn't talk like this behind closed doors? It just so happened in this case that weasel Turban Durbin decided to make a stink about it.

Welcome to the era of fake news.
    Progressivism is the bastard child of Marxism

Calling black Americans "Super Predators" in public .... meh..

Calling bad countries "Shitholes" in a ckised door meeting .... OMG!! RACIST!!! OMG OMG OMG!!!
    2014 NFL 51-33-1 62.35%
    2013 NFL 61-34 64.21% Finished 6th place in the LVH Supercontest

RX Senior
    Still confused how 80% of our immigration is non-European and that isn't considered racist. But wanting a higher % of Europeans is

Jack Posobiec ����Verified account @JackPosobiec 5h5 hours agoMore

Dick Durbin called Trump racist for wanting to end chain migration. Here's a video of Dick Durbin calling for an end to chain migration https://www.c-span.org/video/standalone/?c4706768 …

2,181 replies6,854 retweets13,360 likes
    Retweet

Direct message

RX Deplorable
    Progressivism is the bastard child of Marxism

Conservatives, Patriots & Huskies return to glory Willie99's Avatar
    Home of Foxwoods, Mohegan Sun & Looney Libs
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheriff Joe View Post
    Give me a break.

Trump's "shit hole" comment was made in a private meeting, not a public speech.

You think other presidents didn't talk like this behind closed doors? It just so happened in this case that weasel Turban Durbin decided to make a stink about it.

Welcome to the era of fake news.
    no shit, they're all too fucking dumb to know the difference

they don't even know they're being beaten like drums, molded to behave and react like they do

they are the best argument against a democratic form of government
    "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter". "A rising tide raises all boats". "MAGA"

Conservatives, Patriots & Huskies return to glory Willie99's Avatar
    Home of Foxwoods, Mohegan Sun & Looney Libs
    why is "Presidential decorum" important for the survival of this country? Why is the behavior of democrats in the house and the senate not important?

You know what I think is important to the survival of the country?

1) a growing economy
    2) secure borders
    3) an unbiased media
    4) an informed public
    5) honest politicians
    6) acceptance of election results
    7) honoring and respecting your neighbors
    8) work ethic

modern day liberals are on the wrong side of EVERYTHING

Democrats and liberals have created our modern day decorum, they are the party of personal destruction and lies and bullshit and ever changing positions and their RESIST RESIST RESIST movement, The last one says all you need to know about decorum.

Get that fucking SPIN outta here

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter". "A rising tide raises all boats". "MAGA"

Lets just go ahead and put Washboard into the fool column with the other ones here.. good lord .

RX Wizard
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie99 View Post
    no shit, they're all too fucking dumb to know the difference

they don't even know they're being beaten like drums, molded to behave and react like they do

they are the best argument against a democratic form of government
    Iím curious Willie, what exactly did I say that was any different from what Rolltide has said in this thread? Iím agreeing with what Trump has done but not happy with how he is presenting himself. You didnít jump all over him but you do me. This is why I donít post here and why no sane person posts here. You Willie are a fucking asshole and you know why in my book. Iíve tried to carry on normal arguments with you since but you have only one thing on your mind here and thatís to bash anyone who isnít a full fledge republican.

Thank you patsfan for being the only reasonable poster here.

Life's a bitch, then you die! Dave007inVegas's Avatar
    The problem you and all the other righties have is you are worried about the wrong people. No matter what Trump does, he will not win over any of the people you are talking about. You(and our President)need to start worrying about the people who voted for him but are not happy with his actions. I voted for Trump hoping he would become more Presidential but that has not happened. Unless he changes his ways, I wonít vote for him again. And I am pretty sure there are many on here and throughout the country who feel the same way. The independents are the voters who got Trump elected and they will take him down in 2020 if he doesnít become more Presidential. Stop being an asshole and start acting like a President and maybe he will gain my vote again.
    Positive results are all I care about. How Trump goes about
    achieving them is not a concern of mine. So far so good
    considering what he has to work with.

Life's a bitch, then you die! Dave007inVegas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NFLTrends View Post
    I think a lot of people voted for him cause he wasnt presidential and not a politician... they voted him in to clean out all that nonsense.

Like myself, I was going to vote for Gary Johnson, but the media the last 2 weeks prior to the election went full force against Trump 24/7. So, then I knew that he wasnt part of the establishment, and the media and politicians didnt want him in there.

So, he got my vote.

I dont care what speech he uses, as long as he gets his work done. And he has been doing a great job for this country thus far.

If the Elections were today, I would vote for him again.
    Reason # 1 for me.