Forum: College Football Forum - Sponsored by:

Thread: Is Saban's Bama team the greatest 9-year run in history of NCAAF?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Official Rx music critic and beer snob FairWarning's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skins85 View Post
    if you want an 8 team playoff because you want more football then yeah im with you. if you want an 8 team playoff because it ends the debate then no. the debate will always be there on who should be in. there are 68 teams that make the ncaab tournament and people still bitch about being screwed like they had a shot to win it all. i could argue that an 8 team playoff this year should have had 3 sec teams and 3 big ten teams....while entertaining it would be stupid.
    Few (if any) bubble teams have the ability to win 4-straight to even get to the final four.

Without a doubt this is the GOAT run. I doubt we will ever see another one like this.
    Donít drink and drive...
    you might slice a hook!

RX SemiGod
    Quote Originally Posted by Albatross View Post
    Without a doubt this is the GOAT run. I doubt we will ever see another one like this.
    Albert, while some are giving up on Saban because of age, recruiting class, ignorance etc. Don't count this guy out.
    After he wins another NC in the next two or three years....then maybe he will fade silently in the sunset. All the noise
    about the young gun coaches is nothing but noise until they PROVE themselves. Other than Jimbo...who has??

Quote Originally Posted by cloverleaf View Post
    Albert, while some are giving up on Saban because of age, recruiting class, ignorance etc. Don't count this guy out.
    After he wins another NC in the next two or three years....then maybe he will fade silently in the sunset. All the noise
    about the young gun coaches is nothing but noise until they PROVE themselves. Other than Jimbo...who has??
    I have read at numerous outlets that Saban will see his 17 class out, which was one of the best ever, then hang it up. I feel that could be true. He may get 1 more NC, but I think other programs have closed significantly.

All that being said.....the 19 class in the Southeast is just sick. I would imagine a few programs will break the 300 pt threshold. Should be quite entertaining from the recruiting standpoint next year.
    Donít drink and drive...
    you might slice a hook!

113-12 with 5 titles in 9 years rolltide's Avatar
    I have read at numerous outlets that Saban will see his 17 class out, which was one of the best ever, then hang it up. I feel that could be true. He may get 1 more NC, but I think other programs have closed significantly.

All that being said.....the 19 class in the Southeast is just sick. I would imagine a few programs will break the 300 pt threshold. Should be quite entertaining from the recruiting standpoint next year.
    Bama's '19 class will me monsters in the trenches but a whole lot of work to do at skilled positions. Webb/Quick are going to be incredible offensive lineman.

you will see the style of Bama play, or maybe more specifically the scores, change a lot these next few years. Very young in secondary for '18, then young at LB and DL for '19/'20 but offensively we'll be tremendous. Expect some Bama shootouts in these next couple of seasons as we break in new players and coaches throughout the defense

RX Member
    What is a 300 point threshold?

113-12 with 5 titles in 9 years rolltide's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightrofins View Post
    he probably means 3000... that is the number that a team hits for a really monster class at rivals. UGA 3461, OSU 3192 this year were the only two >3000. Bama and OSU were only pair in 2017 with Bama's insane 3477 leading by 399 points over #2 OSU

RX SemiGod
    All this recruiting and how it is conducted now days is mind-boggling; Does a "sleeper" or "best kept secrete" ever slip through the cracks and end up being
    a top notch college football play.......I hope so, a few Cinderella stories is always a welcome sight and is heart-warming.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightrofins View Post

247 composite team rankings. I think it's the best in the biz.
    Donít drink and drive...
    you might slice a hook!

Quote Originally Posted by rolltide View Post
    Bama's '19 class will me monsters in the trenches but a whole lot of work to do at skilled positions. Webb/Quick are going to be incredible offensive lineman.

you will see the style of Bama play, or maybe more specifically the scores, change a lot these next few years. Very young in secondary for '18, then young at LB and DL for '19/'20 but offensively we'll be tremendous. Expect some Bama shootouts in these next couple of seasons as we break in new players and coaches throughout the defense

I see that. UGA has the #1 & #2 WRs in the nation committed for 2019.....as well a Nolan Smith, #3 player in the nation. The state of GA players for 19 is stacked. No way Kirby keeps them all here. Impossible by numbers.
    Donít drink and drive...
    you might slice a hook!

RX SemiGod
    247 composite team rankings. I think it's the best in the biz.
    I agree Mr. A. For years I put Rivals at the top but from what I hear from coaches in the south...247 is
    their go to now. Personal preference I guess but I lean to what the coaches favor.

By any service my friend...your DAWGS knocked it out of the park. Now come the expectations!!

Know what I mean Bud? Kirby better.............................